[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1642168501485.jpg (29 KB, 800x600)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>
>armatard has another barely coherent thought that needs a thread
You could go into grade-school and find children who would be capable of forming more enthusiastic and discussion-seeking posts than armatard does. It really just goes to show how low IQ this guy is.
>>
File: 1632277843821.webm (621 KB, 1920x1080)
621 KB
621 KB WEBM
Reminder op is a janitor on reddit
Reddit.com/user/plarealtalk
>>
>>51649027
imagine getting so mad for a meme.
>>
>>51649009
>USS George Floyd
lmfao
>>
>>51649009
>turn ship 1°
>hypersonic missile completely misses
Implessive.>>51649027
>>
Kek
>>
>>51649079
Well one of the main points of hypersonic speed is presumably that you can get to the target area faster. Also a boost-glide vehicle has a lot more cross and down range maneuverability that can be used to undertake midflight course corrections with data from satellites than a basic ballistic missile has.
>>
>>51649110
Lmao speed of light doesnt care.
https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2021/12/30/congress-gives-missile-defense-agency-authority-to-research-and-develop-laser-tech-for-missile-defense/
>>
>>51649061
Why are you incapable of forming a coherent thought, armatard? Is being terminally retarded every day of your life a "meme" too?
>>
>>51649009
It can and has swatted RVs and fucking satellites out of space. The slant-eyes are just coping, like usual.
>>
>>51649126
Aegis ships don't have operational pew pew lazors yet though, so not directly answering OP.
>>
File: 1509572667211.jpg (97 KB, 400x400)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>51649145
>>51649027
>>
>>51649147
>RVs
>satellites
i.e. objects on a perfectly predictable path in the vacuum of space? The new generation hypersonic missiles are cruise or glider missiles that can maneuver in almost all phases of flight and travel in denser parts of atmosphere where exoatmospheric interceptors wouldn't really work.
>>
You don't even need hypersonics for that, it's been well known since the 70s that any realistic CSG flat out loses to ASM spam. Carriers are overhyped in general and serve mostly as dick waving contests and to bomb some goatfuckers who have no way to defend themselves. In an actual confrontation carriers would stay far away from the first island chain.
>>
>>51649110
Another simpleton muppet glossing over the plasma sheath because it renders every hypersonic argument moot
>>
File: 1639544769087.jpg (209 KB, 1176x1200)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>51649035
>>
>>51649279
Do you mean plasma precludes a radar? How did the Pershing II do it?
>>
>>51649009
>George Floyd
>>
china sure seems to think so
>>
>>51649061
>using the potential death of tens of thousands of soldiers and civilians on either side as an argumentative token in your 4chan dick measuring contest
I don’t know how we didn’t learn our lesson after the First World War
>>
>>51649009
I'm gonna go with probably. Hypersonics still need radar for terminal guidance. This leaves them vulnerable to jamming and with Jamming Drones being a thing there's no use for Home-on-Jamming.

The other thing is that even though a boost-glide missile can take evasive actions (if all those boasts are to be believed), SM-2ERs have blast-fragmentation warheads with proximity fuses. Even a near miss could kill it.
>>
>>51652500
The missile could just fly to the predicted location of the aircraft carrier. Can a big, bulky ship change course quickly enough to escape a missile? Probably not. If it’s a nuclear missile that we’re talking about then the ship has no chance
>>
>>51649009
>>51653398
Hypersonics are completely dependent on satellites for target acquisition, even though all CSGs are armed with anti-satellite weapons. Memesonics will be unable to locate their targets at long ranges and EW soft killed at short ranges. Riceniggerland wasted their money on a completely useless weapon system.
>>
>>51653698
> CSGs are armed with anti-satellite weapons
meanwhile, in the real world...
>>
>>51649222
>RVs don't/Can't change directions
This is how dumb you have to believe Chinese propaganda..
>>
>>51649009

I think a carrier group in the Malacca Strait can choke China's oil supply and turn their gas guzzling military into one giant economic liability.
>>
>>51649009
Is light faster than a hypersonic missile?
>>
File: 1642197046758.jpg (92 KB, 750x382)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>51649009
>>51649099
>>51649297
you're so obsessed you made all these images. get a life
>>
>>51653717
The protective bubble of the Aegis ballistic missile defense system extends all the way into orbit. The SM-3 block IIA missiles carried by CSGs are very potent exoatmospheric ASAT weapons. Bugland will be totally blind in the opening moments of any conflict, and get leveled by CSG strike capabilities shortly thereafter. You lose ricenigger, prepare for 1000 years of humiliation.
>>
>>51653912
Ah yes, I forgot US missiles aren't also sat-reliant, and are immune to ECM. Let me guess, are all PLAN subs also being accurately tracked in the world's oceans at all times?

USN's gonna get its shit kicked in
>>
>>51654035
I can hear your impotent screeching over the ocean, chang.
>>
>>51653887
he's chinese, every cell in his body was programmed and shaped in the great gestation chambers for this sole task. his biomass and neurons will be recycled into a new chinkoid shitposter soon enough
>>
File: 1384677837568.jpg (24 KB, 484x658)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>51654054
>>51654050
>>51653887
calm down, freak. did china put lead in the dog food you were fed as a child?
>>
File: bnn65ej.jpg (27 KB, 400x323)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>51654298
I just casually came in here because the thread was on the front page, and have to admit that boomer for brains people like you are the reason we're in this trouble to begin with. An actual CCP apologist? Are you being paid to do this? Are you 58 or some shit?
>>
>>51649279
He's an idiot, but, plasma hasn't been a problem for communications or onboard targeting systems for decades.
>>
File: 2.png (246 KB, 688x814)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>51649009
Tests seem to say that the AEGIS can track and target HBG/HCM, and SM-6 has engaged a hypersonic simulated warhead[1, 1a]. Plans are to test the SM-6 against a mock HBG soon[2], and the SM-Block 1B being made now will have increased range and hypersonic speeds[3]. If they put the Multi-Object Kill Vehicle on them along with the GBI and SM-3, it will make it even easier. THAAD and SM-3s are also being looked at under the Hypersonic Defense Weapon System (HDWS) program called DART[4][5]. They've had the technological ability to turn the AEGIS SM family and THAAD into some serious, serious killers over the last decade, but, the DoD, Congress, and Executive branch has been kikes with funds and not allowed them to do it, publically. Though, either smaller contracts, or internal funding from the companies still push the tech along, just not in mass-produced service until the DoD decides what it wants to do. Now, since that is out of the way: can you provide proof that China has hypersonic boost glide vehicles, or hypersonic cruise missiles? Can you show me the ability to mass produce them, if they have them? How many do they have? How long does it take them to produce one?

If you're talking about the DF-21D, it's a copy of the US Pershing II MaRV. The US has shown the ability for decades to intercept the Pershing II MaRV with the Patriot PAC-3 missile[6]. So, the DF-21D isn't a problem to intercept. Especially when you start adding in EW and anti-satellite warfare that would be used to attack China's relay, tracking and targeting satellites.[7][7a][7b][7c] Am I saying MEV-1, and MEV-2 are anti-satellite, satellites? No, but, it does prove the ability to track, target, and dock with satellites while disabling them.
>>
>>51655323
Sources:

[1]https://insidedefense.com/daily-news/aegis-amdr-detected-tracked-and-launched-simulated-sm-6-against-long-range-hypersonic
[1a]https://www.appropriations.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/McQuiston%20Statement%20for%20the%20Record.pdf
[2]https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40178/navy-sm-6-missile-will-attempt-to-swat-down-a-mock-hypersonic-weapon
[3]https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/27068/navy-to-supersize-its-ultra-versatile-sm-6-missile-for-even-longer-range-and-higher-speed
[4]https://aviationweek.com/defense-space/missile-defense-weapons/lockheed-proposes-thaad-variant-hypersonic-interceptor
[5]https://spacenews.com/lockheed-martin-aerojet-rocketdyne-developing-new-thaad-booster/
[6]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjxQM2I7JU
[7]MEV-1: https://spacenews.com/northrop-grummans-mev-1-servicer-docks-with-intelsat-satellite/
[7a]MEV-2: https://www.space.com/northrop-grumman-mev-2-docks-intelsat-satellite
[7b]X-37b: https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/104539/x-37b-orbital-test-vehicle/
[7c]AEGIS ASAT: https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=19227400
>>
>>51653755
This is the answer. In any sort of hot war the US would just lock down any oversea trade routes and it would be game over for China. Their whole economy is hurting right now and they've had widespread blackouts because of refusing Australian coal. They even had to back off that ban due to the blackouts. China could not cope without Australian coal. Once all the coal, oil, and food stops flowing in, they lose.
>>
>>51655331
fucking based and provides sources to combat chink propaganda.
>>
File: 100958331634.jpg (21 KB, 774x84)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>51655323
>>51655331
>>
>>51649222
>The new generation hypersonic missiles are cruise or glider missiles
Who has proven the ability besides the US?
>that can maneuver in almost all phases of flight and travel in denser parts of atmosphere
How are they any different from MaRVs, or AMaRVs tested decades ago by the US? The US is literally using SWERVE from the late 70s, early 80s as their Common Glide Body.[1]
>where exoatmospheric interceptors wouldn't really work.
Proof?

[1]https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28340/heres-what-the-armys-first-ever-operational-hypersonic-missile-unit-will-look-like
>>
File: 1597294751657.webm (2.86 MB, 720x480)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>51653398
>Can a big, bulky ship change course quickly enough to escape a missile? Probably not.
Yes. Those big bitches can get down.
>>
File: Chinese-Subs-Loud.png (264 KB, 757x585)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>51654035
>Ah yes, I forgot US missiles aren't also sat-reliant
SM family is two-way data link enabled, so, no they aren't.
>and are immune to ECM
Pretty much. No country on earth has the EW abilities of the US. The US spends stupid amounts of money to produce, and test, missiles that can function as intended while being attacked with EW and in GPS denied theaters.
>Let me guess, are all PLAN subs also being accurately tracked in the world's oceans at all times?
Yes. The US did it to a much bigger, and smarter enemy in the USSR, so, why would you think they wouldn't be able to track Chinese subs just as well? China is surrounded and has zero area to sneak one of their loud subs past the acoustic sensor system of the US. Chinese subs are shit tier. The US knows exactly where every one of your loud subs are, at all times. They are shadowed by US Fast Attack subs, and would be sunk on day one of a war. We know where every sub is at all times.
Integrated Undersea Surveillance System(IUSS), which is Sound Surveillance System(SOSUS), and Surveillance Towed Array Sensor System(SURTASS) combined. All those integrated with Advanced Deployable System (ADS). We know when every Chinese sub leaves port, and exactly where it is. The P-8 Poseidon, MH-60R Romeo, and others would be part of that hunt. It's not just the subs.
>>
>>51655521
Nigger, you got BTFO, so, now you claim to not be able to read more than two lines. And if you write more than two lines, you have to be a shill. Come on, Wang, why can all you bugs do is copy and parrot?
>>
>>51655323
>the DoD, Congress, and Executive branch has been kikes with funds and not allowed them to do it, publically. Though, either smaller contracts, or internal funding from the companies still push the tech along, just not in mass-produced service until the DoD decides what it wants to do.

Also the US has hamstrung itself over the past 15 years or so, so as to not destabilize the status quo. however as both China and Russia have pursued destabilizing tech anyway the US has not (later then it should have) taken some Darpa things off the shelf.

Obamas biggest foreign policy legacy is nativity inability to be forward looking. Seriously.
>>
>>51656031
>the US has not
The US has now*
>>
>>51649126
Laser have limited range in atmosphere
>>
>>51656031
>Also the US has hamstrung itself over the past 15 years or so, so as to not destabilize the status quo.
It's been that way since the Cuban missile crisis, when they got scared that the US showing its true capabilities led the Soviets into doing desperate measures. So, the US's new plan was to allow Soviets to catch up on ICBM tech., and just match that, not exceed it by too much. We are still in that mind frame, and it needs to change. As the US has the capabilities, and resources to completely BTFO anyone on earth in military tech. We've been researching hypersonic missiles, wave riders, and re-entry vehicles, extensively since the early 1960. I remember reading an old Senate or Congressional hearing where the military said that the USSR didn't possess the capabilities, so, they wouldn't show it until needed. There were still redacted parts of the hearing, but, it's a good read. I'll try to go back and find it. If I do, I'll link it.

>Obamas biggest foreign policy legacy is nativity inability to be forward looking. Seriously.
He did switch focus onto the Pacific theater, gotta give that nigger that. But, Cheney and Bush were just as bad. Cheney wasted $5 billion dollars on the Navy's ATA A-12 Avenger II, and all we got was a fucking mock-up. That money better have gone into some black project, or I'll shit on his gravy yearly until I die. Fucking kike dick sucking faggot.
>>
>>51654298
Get help
>>
>>51654054
>muh china

brainwashed
>>
>>51649297
If they were afraid China would be smoking ruin by now.
USA built China and it can destroy it.
>>
>>51649009
No, unless american ships begin to move at hypersonic speed. Then it will of course be able to "intercept" them.
>>
God damned, yellow painted armatard is obsessed with uncle Sam's cock it's unreal
Everyday making threads and getting btfo over and over again
>>
>>51649027
thank the GOP for pulling education funding.
>>
>>51649009
Having worked with Lockheed Martin and the Missile Defense Agency, I can say with certainty that Aegis would fail spectacularly when faced with hypersonic weapons.
>>
>>51658601
the US spends more on education than most other countries, gets bottom of the list results
we shouldn't let women teach
>>
>>51649009
>USS George Floyd
>>
>>51649297
>uses an American movie to make a meme kvetching about Americans on an American forum in the language of Americans
Do you even have any culture of your own?
>>
>>51655521
Kek, that was me that posted that. Is there anything bugs won’t steal or copy?
>>
>>51658628
Tell me something new. All missile defense systems would leak like a sieve under a concentrated attack.
>>
>>51658628
My uncle works at Nintendo and he agrees
>>
File: fit stare guy.png (99 KB, 804x490)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>51649009
USS George Floyd is going to be a real ship one of these days
>>
>>51656107
And? Every projectile weapon has to get into range in order to hit anything. Multiple lasers on an already hyper stressed frame will need very little time to destabilize it. Air friction will do the rest.
>>
>>51649009
Aegis can handle subsonic missiles fairly well. It can barely handle mach 1+ missiles.

It can't deal with mach 2+ missiles.

It can't deal with mach 3+ missiles.

It can't deal with mach 4+ missiles.

It can't deal with mach 5+ missiles.

It can't deal with mach 6+ missiles.

It can't deal with mach 7+ missiles.

It can't deal with mach 20+ missiles.
>>
>>51660259
true
>>
>>51649099
LOL that pic is so accurate
>>
>>51660629
t.brainlet
>>
>>51653717
The SM series was originally designed as anti-ballistic missile weapons. Satellites in LEO are far easier to hit than a rapidly descending RV.
>>
>>51653755
Well yeah but a lot of the incentive for boost glide antiship missiles is something that can kill a carrier in the Straits from the mainland.
>>
>>51661518
ok boomer
>>
>>51654035
Actually, the only satellite depended ordinance we have are GPS guided weapons like JDAMs. Most of our weapons use radar, IR, laser, and inertia.
>>
>>51655556
https://youtu.be/JPN0JV-ZP3A
>>
>>51660629
On the flip side, a boost glide warhead will be loosing speed during the descent. It's estimated that they'd drop bellow mach 2 depending on what kind of maneuvers they make.
>>
>>51661611
I'm going to need a sourcerino, because I've seen mach 10+ impact speeds being bandied about.
>>
>>51656322
Us has quitly updated their arsenal of MinuteMen III ICBMs. They are far more advanced than anything russia or china has. It is so precise it's margin of error is less than 2 meters. This means it can destroy any ICBM's INSIDE their armored underground silos giving the US effectovely the capability to do a winning nuclear first strike.
>>
>>51661640
I got one from Taiwan times but 4chan keeps marking it as spam.
>>
File: 1546876121547.png (75 KB, 300x384)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
When was /k/ hijacked by globohomo reddit drones? I mean, i get it that this is the weapons board and glowniggers would make sure this one was destabilized first but i didn't expect people here would break so fast.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.