[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mallninjas.jpg (705 KB, 2500x1667)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
What's /k/'s opinion on the mall ninja-fication of police?
>>
>>51637366
It's gay and stupid because they chose to wear mulicam and marpat instead of some cool blue pattern like what the yugos had for their police
>>
>>51637366
something something paul blart
>>
>>51637366
acab
>>
>>51637366
very bad idea
>>
>>51637366
It is a direct representation of what the government thinks about you.
At least now it is the same all over the americas, not just in the periphery. You should be really concerned, if they start sending US cops to the SOA or create a similar institution for law enforcement specifically.
>>
>>51637366
It’s the cyberpunk dystopia I’ve always wanted
>>
They’re a clear indication we’re living in the type of government the second amendment was written for.
>>
>>51637366
they larp harder than /k/ ever will
>>
>>51637396
i will singlehandedly make blue tiger stripe a thing again
>>
>>51637366

It makes murdering cops and looting their corpses more viable.
>>
>>51637366
>cabelas
>>
>>51637366
Less cringe than militarization/LARPing of hobbyists.
>>
Police should be required to carry .357 or .44 revolvers
>>
>>51637366
I think they should have to make their tacticool equipment hot pink and covered in drawn penises. They way if they wanna wear it they have to look gay and dumb
>>
>>51637396
fpbp
>>
>>51637366
Its stupid and dangerous when members of the public can't tell the difference between active shooters and who the boys in blue are at a glance.

https://yewtu.be/watch?v=OyN0D6yudBk
>>
Can't wait for the world to collapse and I can pop one of these morons in the head with a mosin and take all his shit
In minecraft.
>>
>>51637366

It's cringe and antisocial.

Especially cringe since they always dress like innawoods oper9ers, but can only LARP like that in cities.
>>
>>51637366
That graffiti on the mail box
>>
>>51637366
It’s primarily a combination of two things;
1. Large amounts of GWOT vets going their police departments and changing policy and equipment to be more like the military.
2. Police ERU and SWAT teams changing tactics to deal with modern problems, and really really want to be seen as real operators.

My department’s ERU team used to wear black/white/grey urban chip camp jumpsuits with black web gear, gas masks, and MP5s. Fucking awesome. Now they wear multicam and use AR’s like everyone else because “that’s what everyone else is doing.”
Many people don’t realize just how important fashion and “fitting in” with other departments is police admins.
>>
>>51637366
>kills a 14 year old because of over penetration
whoops
>>
why does the guy in front have a PVS-14 on in broad daylight?
>>
>>51637366
Bad. It attracts the kind of people who want to act like soldiers in a foreign occupation force and regard their fellow citizens like a occupied native population to be cracked down on and treated with hostility and suspicion. Also, 90% of the military stuff they adopt is useless for stopping crime but is geared towards suppressing and killing dissenters and rebels.
Every police department or agency that has adopted that warrior cop crap could use a good purge and a complete reset on training, equipment, etc. Hire an Andy Griffith impersonator and grade them all on their ability to to get in character.
>>
>>51638091
Less future criminals to worry about
>>
>>51637366
>>51638010
fuggg da blice :DDDDD
>>
>>51638104
>regard their fellow citizens like a occupied native population to be cracked down on and treated with hostility and suspicion
And it's wrong because, uhm, it's just wrong
>>
>>51638122
It's wrong because it's ineffective at fighting crime, costs a lot of money and is very often dangerous even for the cops themself (for example no-knock raids about chickenshit for armed people).
>>51638057
>1. Large amounts of GWOT vets going their police departments and changing policy and equipment to be more like the military.
Wasn't a big problem that the GWOT led to tons of experienced cops, who served in the reserves and nasty girls, retiring early?
About your point of GWOT veterans poisoning police departments, I heard that this was a large problem for the Russians too as many Chechen war veterans of the police spec ops had become simply useless for civilian policing.
>>
>>51638212
>I heard that this was a large problem for the Russians too as many Chechen war veterans of the police spec ops had become simply useless for civilian policing.
You heard some bullshit
>>
>>51637366
What's militarization exactly? Everyone can literally buy a plate carrier and nods. Have you actually seen whats most issued to police? Shitty ass shirt looking 3A vests and other garbage gear. Most buy their own shit, including plates.
>>
>>51638238
Imagine if only cops would get paid for kills. It would literally be IRL counterstrike, i.e. you get a shitty gun so you go and kill bunch of guys to buy a rifle and kill even more guys.
>>
>>51638259
I dont think nigs qualify as a full kill then, since criminals are overpopulated with em. But a rare one like a paki or caucasian? Those are bonus points.
>>
File: bope.jpg (131 KB, 976x550)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Depends on the unit/who they're fighting against.
>>
>>51638212
Militarized police is not used to fight crime. Study the last 70 years of latin american history and you will get a good idea of what it is used for.
>>
>>51638057
You're also overlooking that the government allowed police forces to buy up surplus for cheap, which often meant it was the best choice for budgets.
>>
>>51637606
yup
>>
>>51637366
>What's /k/'s opinion on the mall ninja-fication of police?
As long as they are restricted to things that citizens can own, as most police are, and they go full sperg only when appropriate (active shooters, riots etc) I see absolutely zero problem.

You may not like this, but it is a nuanced and moderate position and thus is PEAK mental performance.
>>
>>51637366
Police militarization is a direct consequence of the civil rights movement, as is innumerable other ills
>>
The police no longer look like Andy Griffith because the US no longer looks like Mayberry. A community gets the cops that it deserves / is required to maintain order. If we lived in tight knit small communities then there would be zero justification for cops looking like operators. Unfortunately most of us don't live that way. City cops have to be able to be peers of gangs and organized criminals, plus they have to deal with nigger moments. If cops were totally toothless and non-threatening there would be no deterrent to organized crime. Lone wolf vigilantism isn't effective so a "not the government" response to organized crime and gangs would be citizens militias. It's abundantly obviously why the fed/state governments don't allow this to happen, thus militarized cops.
>>
>>51639387
Honestly, people should stop using Mayberry as a point of comparison. The Andy Griffith Show was a lighthearted domestic comedy. If you try to transplant that into real life you're immediately met with a woefully understaffed sheriff's department with a deputy so inept that he's not allowed to carry a loaded gun.
>>
>>51637581
Bro there’s not even any bionics, or noodle stalls.
>>
File: 1184px-thumbnail.jpg (310 KB, 1184x1024)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>51637837
>>51637366
what could've had navy bros
>>
>>51639590
I think the point is that in a Mayberry-like community it doesn't really matter if the cops are totally under-equipped and incompetent. Rephrased, you can't have fantasy cops without fantasy land. In the real world an absence of cops just leads to ethnic cleansing because 9/10 organized criminal elements are ethnic minorities. Modern society can't exist without cops keeping everyone away from each others throats by dealing with low hanging fruit to give off the appearance of justice.
>>
Double edged sword like The Patriot Act. I totally understand why cops would be militarized when dealing with well equipped gangs and yearly riots. Mass shooters too. Plus they get military surplus cheap so it makes sense they’d be wearing hand-me-downs.
That said, I do not trust the government enough to think they are only interested in militarizing to stop gangs. I know that those MRAPs and Multicam cops can and will turn into a tyrannical occupation force at the drop of the hat. Small town cops might uphold the “protect and serve” motto, but your average cop with full battle rattle and trained with an “us vs them” mindset will have no problem no-knocking you over what you view online. A lot of these guys served in the GWOT and can be easily switched to seeing political opponents as “domestic terrorists”. Hell, it’s already happening as we speak.
>>
>>51639608
I have ramen at home
>>
>>51637366
It's not real.

A lot of cops like larping. A lot of cops are dumb. But they're all using basic equipment which has existed since the dawn of time and can be bought by anyone with the dosh. Slf-loading rifles and pistols. Body armor. Bullet-resistant cars. Wow! It's nothing. Cops were more "military" in mindset and in gear in the 1920s and late 1800s.
>>
>>51638212
It's because blacks commit more crime than whites.

You don't like cops protecting whites, so you want to defund them by calling basic bitch ARs and a few PVS14s militarized. Simple.
>>
File: 1641962361393.jpg (388 KB, 1080x1397)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>51637366
Combination of:
>if i lick the boot, it won't step on me
and
>i will become the boot. start licking peasants
>>
>>51638057
>1. Large amounts of GWOT vets going their police departments

This is incorrect tho. Former grunts tend to be chiller than career cops because they don't have something to prove.
>>
I don’t lick boot but I enjoy watching it step on others
>>
>>51640044
Grunts always have something to prove, that’s why they’re grunts and not Rangers or SF
>>
>>51640004
>cops
>protecting whites
You have to be former law enforcement because the only people dumb enough to think this I've met have been cops.
>>
>>51639951
The thing is that "well-equipped gangs" usually just means a bunch of poorfag shit you can buy at any gun store. Organized crime is loathe to actually start a fight with law enforcement. And riots are easily contained with drilling and discipline because mobs rely on crowd dynamics rather than organization. Shield walls, mounted units, and flashbangs/tear gas are enough to quell the majority of riots. Just look at CHAZ, the moment the powers that be decided it needed to come down the police rolled up on bicycles and dismantled it in a day.
>>
>>51640656
>"well-equipped gangs" usually just means a bunch of poorfag shit you can buy at any gun store.
In the United States, yes. Overwhelming superiority discourages skirmishing. In other parts of the world gangs go up against the police equipped with military hardware.
>>
File: 1610469765365.gif (625 KB, 900x900)
625 KB
625 KB GIF
>>51640004
>You don't like cops protecting (((whites)))!
>>
>>51640699
We're talking about the USA.
>>
>>51637684
>Yet another post typed by shit covered hooves
You donut eaters just really can't fucking help yourselves, can you?
>>
>>51639734
>Modern society can't exist without cops keeping everyone away from each others throats by dealing with low hanging fruit to give off the appearance of justice.
Then what exactly is happening here in Germany?
Of course we too have shit going down, but at a fraction of the amount you have in the US, for example in my rather poor, run down hometown of 180k people with quite a lot of muslim and eastern european migrants around, you rarely ever see cops or hear police sirens.
>>
>>51641071
It’s as if systemic oppression is at fault in the US, not the ethnic makeup of the city
>>
>>51641092
What systematic oppression? How are you oppressed?
>>
>>51641092
Go live in niggerland before talking out of your ass with your naive bullshit.
>>
File: 1555873860856.jpg (31 KB, 460x402)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>51641092
MUH DIK
MUH OPPRESSION
MUH WHITE SUPRESAMCISMCSM
>>
>>51637366
I, /k/, being one person, and having a single, monolithic opinion which is representative of the opinion of everyone who browses this board, think it's gay.
And also you're gay.
Anyone on this board who claims to disagree is lying, as their true opinion has already been provided here.
>>
>>51641173
Not him and I bet you've never set foot there either.
>>
>>51641455
No one is going to disagree with you about OP being gay.
>>
>no the cops can’t have basic bitch ARs and milsurp
>hey bros check out my basic bitch AR and my milsurp BDUs! How dare politicians say we can’t have this.
>>
>>51639608
When you wear smart watches and blue tooth headphones it's bionics
>>
File: 1475950646370.jpg (83 KB, 900x900)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>51641455
Thank you for very clearly stating my opinion, fellow /k/ommando. OP is gay.
>>
File: 1629786089160.jpg (202 KB, 1200x800)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Fascism is capitalism in decay and the militarization of police is only one of the many signs of American fascism.
>>
>>51641733
Wow look at that scared white woman. What has this country become baka
>>
>>51641111
>>51641092
>It’s as if systemic oppression is at fault in the US, not the ethnic makeup of the city
>What systematic oppression? How are you oppressed?
Not him, but more in the historical sense in so far as the decades of Jim Crow, redlining, slum removal which left fewer new homes than there were before, carving highways through minority neighborhoods, willful and racially motivated disinvestment, discriminatory and racially motivated drug laws and racist law enforcement treating poor minorities as something to be kept in check and not as equal citizens left frankly quite a mark.
Brutalize people for well over a century and then everyone is surprised they leash out.
>>
>>51640279
>if you disagree with me ur a cop! -t. DSA

13% does 52%, sweetie.
>>
>>51641771
>poor minorities as something to be kept in check
Exactly. You don't need "oppressive" cops with long guns when it's all white people with low crime. Import tons of low-IQ, low-impulse control Africans, and what do you expect? Once the oppression wore off, crime rates skyrocketed. They were oppressed for a reason, and the reason is they don't act like equal citizens.
>>
>>51641798
But crimes rates went done for pretty much the last 25 years and only started skyrocketing again with the cough and the lockdowns?
>>
>>51637909
Bootlickers will get tk'd and frankly they deserve it.
>>
>>51641818
Thanks to a lot of statistical manipulation - and hwytes. Black crime goes on, it's just rarely recorded because why bother, it won't be solved and it deters investment the mayor can grift with.
>>
>>51638057
This is something seldom talked. The gowt produced a large amount of low education veterans that are fucked up in the head from being IEDd in the sandbox. They are usually depressed and remember their time in the sandbox as the last time they felt truly alive/with purpose.
Bring them back and loosen them upon the populace, add kike rethoric like "anti authority ideology" and "domestic terrorism" and suddenly they click, they feel alive again and subconciously equate Karen and Ted who don't want tranny story hour with Ahmed who mortared their FOB in Iraq.
It's the issue with the feds and it's been trickling down into local pd. The GOWT worked in creating the perfect oppression police zog needs
>>
>>51638057
>Large amounts of GWOT vets going their police departments and changing policy and equipment to be more like the military.
Veterans are actually a moderating influence on the police. The ones that have seen combat can tell the difference between a real threat and a mailbox. It's never the veteran who mixes up their sidearm and their taser, or shoots the unarmed person giving them directions.
>>
>>51639226
>As long as they are restricted to things that citizens can own
But they aren't. Every gun control bill has a law enforcement exemption: SBR, machinegun, concealed carry, gun free zones, even "ghost guns". If we get rid of the law enforcement exemptions, I'm with you on the rest. But I'm tired of being at most a second class citizen.
>>
>>51639256
I'd say it's due more to the War on Drugs, but it's still a jogger problem. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
>>
>>51640044
The reality is usually the opposite, in my experience. The single common denominator among the most naturally aggressive, over reactive cops I work with, is that they are all prior military. All the SWAT guys and firearms trainers are prior GWOT vets. They are the guys who brought in the ARs and woodland colors. Prior marines are the absolute worst. Complete fucking idiots and social retards. They just want to keep legally hurting people.
The best beat cops I work with are all rural Appalachian people with a working class background and no military experience. Actual peacekeepers.
>>
>>51639387
Did you forget about the Prohibition era? The police ramped up tactics and arsenals for these gangsters, but not to a comparable level as today and nowhere nearly as uniformly. In the 1920's, big cities and special taskforces had the big guns. Now, podunk towns as a SWAT teams and MRAP's.
>>
>>51641733
>Fascism is capitalism in decay
lmao
>militarization of police is only one of the many signs of American fascism.
i fucking wish. no the world is much gayer and less cool than you think.
>>
>>51637366
The mall ninja-fication is a symptom, not the disease. It's mostly the shift in mindset that came with the War on Drugs. The police aren't peacekeepers anymore, "protect and serve" is now meaningless. Old cops used to think of themselves as blue collar, union works; a little more fraternal than plumbers, but basically the same. Now they are crusaders in a holy war. Killing civilians is part of war; we bombed Dresden, didn't we? Worse, that 'civilian' might be an enemy or saboteur. The influx of veteran and mil-surp over the past couple decades has accelerated the problem, but we've been on this road since Nixon was in office.
>>
>>51641963
Not all. Some states like Maryland and California have made certain bills not LE exempt, to the major asspain of Sheriff's deputies everywhere.
>>
>>51637366
How many cops that gear up like they're going to bag Osama actually have the skills to make use of their gear? Not asking this rhetorically. I'd guess very few of them.
>>
>>51641977
>The best beat cops I work with are all rural Appalachian people with a working class background and no military experience. Actual peacekeepers.
That genuinely warms my heart. Makes me feel like our culture is not yet dead.
>>
>>51642123
>to the major asspain of Sheriff's deputies everywhere
I don't care that civilian police officers are sad that they are restricted to 'civilian firearms'. Newsflash, they are civilians. Meanwhile, Washington has an exemption that says police officers can have bumpstocks and guns without serial numbers (RCW 9.41.190)
>>
>>51637366
The gear and appearance don't really matter, the real issue is the mentality. Other /k/omrades have said this already ITT.
If a cop is thinking in terms of "us" versus "them" instead of serving and protecting his own community, then he is the wrong man for the job.

The fact is, people get the government they deserve, and any given government will recruit its necessary agents. The fact that you could get SWATed at any moment today, is ultimately a consequence of decades of decadent, degenerate immorality destroying our culture. We had freedom, but we used it to for wrong instead of right.

"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love."
Galatians 5:13

>i shall now dismount the soapbox
>>
>>51637396
/thread
>>
>>51641255
>"look at this swarthy mudslime rapefugee"
>picture is actually mutt sailor Justin Castellanos, arrested for rape and murder
Oh, my sides wither dost thou go?
https://usmclife.com/okinawa-sailor-sentenced-2-5-years-rape-japanese-tourist/
>>
>>51642171
>Not asking this rhetorically. I'd guess very few of them.
Most likely a fraction, especially with how awfully decentralized US law enforcement is, with an enormous amount of small city PD officers doing it as a sidejob, while in all other western nations it's run by full time professionals either at provincial/state or directly national level.
>>
>>51642111
I think that it started way earlier with the development of the National Security Doctrine, first implemented in Latin America through institutions like the School of the Americas. Now we see the exact same behaviour in LE and at least parts of the US military.
As you stated correctly, the police are no longer peacekeepers that work through community relations but rather enforcement bodies for NSD.
>>
>>51639677
the no shine boot or the shine boot
>>
>>51637366
i want to steal their loot
>>
>>51637366
they should be and will be gassed in mass. will be kino!
>>
>>51637683
hes our guy for sure.
>>
>>51638092
rare item drop
>>
>>51637366
Since when were cops allowed to wear Marpat? As a form of enforcement tangentially related to the government, you'd think there'd be a rule about that somewhere.

Nonetheless, I think tacticalized police is a sign of the times. You look back at history and only find soldiers doing (shoddy) police work in times of societal duress. Sad to say it, but deputy Jimmy, his collared shirt and khakis, and his 6 shooter revolver meant to only look scary, is a relic of the past, a time where fed and local governments didn't worry about the ticking time bomb that is the rightful civilian response to any sort of prolonged discomfort in an economic zone formerly known as a nation.
>>
>>51638259
not a bad idea. then only the competent will have quality weapons.
>>
>>51641963
>but I'm tired of being at most a second class citizen.
You will always feel inferior because cops are like demigods to you. Their bargain AR15s and Glocks strike envy in your heart. Their low-mileage sedans, outdated radios, and clumsy bulletproofed cars inspire fear. Wounding a cop in an amateur shootemup is an achievement to you. Your dreams are haunted by parades of goose-stepping, ripped, 6'6" antichrists in black storming through impotent volleys of gunfire to drag you away into their rape dungeons for a basedmilk injection - if you know what I mean.
>>
>>51642721
>deputy Jimmy, his collared shirt and khakis
Those were the military garrison uniform of the time - and Jimmy could legally shoot you down for running away from a random beating which he carried a sap for.
>>
>>51641977
>common denominator among over reactive cops I work with, is that they are all prior military
My experience is the opposite of yours. I'm in Florida and I was in Mississippi before. If I didn't know about Appalachians chip on the shoulder issues with police I'd call you a liar.
>>
>>51642768
And the style stuck for decades. I think choosing to wear camo now is a message, especially if there is no reason to blend into a rainforest in the local downtown.
>>
>>51642804
You're free to be wrong.Not that there isn't some larping involved somewhere, but the kneejerk haters and liberals here said the same when local police switched to carrying gear on their vests instead of belts. Sometimes better gear is used because its better.
>>
>>51641455
Checked. Thanks /k/
>>
>>51642804
>I think choosing to wear camo now is a message
It is to intimmidate you.
>>
>>51642825
I get you. Police will eventually be bullet proof someday.
>>51642860
Exactly. Ask why police should be intimidating instead of approachable.
>>
>>51642915
That ties in with NSD. You are the enemy, especially if you challenge the status quo.
>>
>>51642915
>Ask why police should be intimidating instead of approachable.
Wearing distinctly authoritarian uniforms increases trust, reduces crime in general, and reduces attacks on police specifically.

We know this because multiple large police departments in the 1970s tried out more casual looks. It backfired badly. They all returned to paramilitary uniforms.
>>
>>51637366
I dig it. It will make the boogaloo more fun
>>
>>51642958
These experiments were ultimately quantified in the famous Menlo Park study. Compared to officers wearing a casual clothes or non-militarized blazer uniforms, officers wearing traditional militarized uniforms were perceived as more honest, more active, more helpful, more competent, more “good”, more valuable, faster, and as possessing better judgment. Assaults on 'paramilitary' cops also dropped.
>>
>>51642745
Putting aside your prostate orgasm, law enforcment exceptions are just a trick that politicians use to convince the frightened and stupid that they are only going after the 'bad guys'. It lets them hamstring the Blue Lives Matter crowd, who are too stupid to imagine the jackboot on their neck.
>>
>>51637366
as long as theyre putting fear into the local street darkie, why should i care?
>>
>>51642958
I doubt it has anything to do with the uniform being militant, authoritarian, or intimidating; and more to do with the uniform being culturally recognized as law enforcement. There are plenty of uniforms around the world that are ridiculous to the modern eye, but respected for their history (the first thing that comes to mind are navy enlisted uniforms). If NYC had gone with pink uniforms instead of military surplus blue ones, pink ribbon window decals would be for police instead of breast cancer.
>>
>>51643141
If pink was the cultural symbol of baton-swinging gun-toting men with radios, lads here would be calling to abolish it for being too militant.
>>
>>51642380
>>
File: menlo park.png (165 KB, 600x485)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>51643002
>>51642958
To be fair, even 70s paramilitary uniforms were still drastically more civilian than the shit many police forces are wearing nowadays.
>>
File: 1970s infantry.jpg (20 KB, 446x413)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>51643218
They're equivalent to the military of their time in everything except color. Modern military switched to cargo pants, so it's no surprise some cops did too. All black UN s_yforce would be a reasonable parallel so I think it's accurate to say cops are less military today than in the past. Their rules for use of force are certainly less militarized today.
>>
File: Collage_Uniform_Würzburg.jpg (661 KB, 2048x1535)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>51643218
>>51643002
>>51642958
>>51643141
>>51643184
>>51643002
>>51642915
>>51642860
P.S. I think the big word we are looking for is non-threatening.
For illustrations the old school green-khaki uniforms we (west) germans used to wear and the newer ones dark blue-black ones, a variation of which all police forces have now adopted.
>>
It's concerning to me
How is an AR-15 (or a fucking M4, because cops have more rights than us these days), tactical vest, and body armor going to stop a robbery?
As all the other anons said, this isn't about stopping crime, this is about creating a totalitarian state
>>
>>51641733
Fascism is an off-shoot of revolutionary socialism, dip fuck.
>>
>>51638111
*fewer
>>
File: 22011.jpg (1.06 MB, 1536x2048)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>51641771
>Brutalize people
If it was bad, they could leave. We gave them modern medicine, the English language, the Christian gospel, and a large number of inventions that would never have occurred to them. No one has ever demonstrated how "Jim Crow" means you have to act like a stupid nigger decades later.
>>
>>51641818
25 years ago the country was majority white.
Also I can remember a time when you can go to any European country and you didn't see the cops walking with an MP5, FAMAS or ARX
>>
File: noodle at home.jpg (221 KB, 866x1390)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>51639959
>>
>>51641845
>Ahmed who mortared their FOB in Iraq
Yeah, fuck stonemasons
>>
>>51637396
I'm from Yugoslavia. It was a bad idea then and it's a bad idea now.
>>
>>51637366
fuck the Blice
>>
>>51643295
Which was a major point of public debate at the time. Even though some people ridiculed the ‚Foerster‘ uniform, most agreed that the new one changes the way we interpret policing.
>>
>>51646117
ebin
>>
>>51642002
If you compare what was around and available at the time, what was going on during Prohibition was a way more extreme than anything today.
You had police detectives carrying multiple revolvers because fuck reloading a revolver in a firefight, for the day that was super fucking tacticool, more so than a lot of the commando shit that later happened in WW2
>>
>>51642860
It’s because it’s cheaper you spazz
>>
>>51646479
I doubt an MRAP is cheaper than an armored truck used to transport money to banks. Just put some chairs and an AC in there. Just like their animal counterparts, pigs don’t need much to be happy
>>
>>51643700
The problem is the blurring of the line between military and law enforcement work. This goes both ways and can be traced to the reinterpretation of the role of security forces in cold war Latin America, promoted through institutions like the SOA.
Not only did the focus of policing shift from crime prevention through community interaction to crime fighting and National Security Doctrine. Also, the US military has been conducting basically militarized police work in the sandbox for 20 years.
The country is shifting towards a latin american interpretation of what security forces are used for and how NSD is implemented.
Just a peek into history books should convince all the edgy kids that the right wing death squads are not only no longer unrealistic but also literally the last thing you want in your country.
>>
>>51646493
When the government is handing them out for a fraction of their original cost, they were incredibly cheap to purchase.
>>
>>51646563
But they are expensive to operate. They still have higher lifecycle costs than civilian cars.
>>
File: mytrapgf.jpg (309 KB, 1511x2015)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>51637563
This.

As a Huemonkey we have a military police that only purpose it's so serve the state and themself, any military police in the world has only one reason to exist...And it's to keep the government boots in the neck of the population.

btw the most anti gun people are the cops and military ;)
>>
>>51638238
This is what I always get out of these threads. Most folks use militarization as an all encompassing buzzword to describe their grievances with police. You really aren't going to get a genuine discussion on whether their gear is reasonable outside of the muh soul fags that are still pissed it isn't the 90s anymore and blue has gone out of fashions. Almost everything that is typically said to be bad in these threads is perfectly reasonable if you aren't trying to make it unreasonable.
>>
>>51641845
Cool it with the edge kid. Quit basing your entire belief system on retarded shit you see online.
>>
>>51646798
You would consider MRAPs reasonable for community policing?
>>
>>51637366
Complaining about police militarization is mostly the same as anti gun folks pissing their pants about scary black rifles. It's mostly projection.
>>
>>51646813
In the context of regular patrol it isn't but they are perfectly reasonable when used for SWAT purposes.

It isn't like these departments were going out of their way to get something that could survive burried explosives. Think back to the earlier days of the GWOT when IEDs started going crazy. The military bought shit loads of MRAPs from anyone that could build them. Once it started to wind down, this resulted in tons of different models that weren't needed. Instead of scrapping them, the government saw an excellent opportunity to surplus these vehicles out to police around the country. Now everyone could equip their SWAT team with an armored vehicle.
>>
>>51637366
Beat cops should not be armed.Simple as. Life no parole for being an acquainence of standing to the shooter if one is shot.
>>
>>51646948
>citizens shouldn't be armed. Simple as.
Why is one person's right to self defense any different?
>>
>>51637366
it's necessary to suppress retarded wannabe hitlers like the revolutionaries on /k/ and /pol/ and smuggled in al qaeedas and the occasional unloved school shooter incel child. i wish only for burgerland to amp it's preparedness up and start sporing tanks in the streets.
>>
>>51640004
>Cops
>Protecting whites

On WHAT FUCKING UNIVERSE LOLOLOLOL
>>
>>51647036
KEK
This.
Cops only protect themself they dont give a fuck about color
>>
>>51641776
Yes and cops prevent me from taking care of it myself. And if I do they disarm me and put me in prison filled with the 13% you stupid nigger lover
>>
File: 1641936643676.gif (3.35 MB, 290x306)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB GIF
>>51646807
Great argument you sure showed him, im now on your side that anon is obviously crazy
>>
>>51646846
>t.latin American savage
>>
>>51646983
Idk ask them LOLOLOLOL. Average civilians aren't going around disarming people
>>
>>51637366
>fuck the blice
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>51646592
And that's why everyone regretted their purchases a few months later. Except for the ones who bought multiple for the express purpose of stripping them for parts.
>>
>>51638122
If you cant understand why its wrong then you deserve all the bad shit that will happen to you.
>>
>>51638238
Where can i buy an MRAP my guy?? Thats right….
>>
>>51640012
This.
>>
>>51646939
They're actually pretty lousy for SWAT operations due to their massive weight, coupled with the fact that the overwhelming vast majority of SWAT operations don't need an armored vehicle in the first place.
>>
>>51642641
go get your fuckin shinebox
>>
>>51646939
I know how we got here. I still doubt that there is a substantial IED threat in CONUS. Having police of any kind, be it squaddies or be it SWAT, drive around in a MRAP might be in line with the current interpretation of police work, but it removes the officers even more from the populace. It is detrimental to the pacification of society, unless your idea of policing is heavy repression.
Most of the discussion here focuses too much on the gear and too little on the concepts it is supposed to enforce.
>>
>>51647171
govliquidation.com, or straight from a dozen manufacturers if you're not a poorfag (spoiler: you are).
>>
>>51647300
> the concepts it is supposed to enforce
The local schizo lost it on a welfare check and hit a someone in the legs with his 9mm PCC. You need to rescue the wounded person.

Option A, oldschool style: suppress his plywood house with 400 rounds of .30-06 blacktip from 3 WW2 BARs, adjust your belt buckle, and pick up his leaky corpse along with his mom and uncle's corpses.

Option B, modern style: drive your MRAP between the wounded person and his house, jump out, pull them in, and drive them to the hospital.

Zoomers don't understand old cops were much more violent than modern cops.
>>
>>51647352
How about the local schizo doesn’t get a PPC?
>>
>>51647352
That's an incredibly situational scenario within a situational scenario.
>>
>>51647482
It's one of the standard reasons for an armored car. Cope and seethe.

>>51647406
>gun confiscation
How does it feel to be a bigger jackboot than the cops?
>>
>>51641771
>I'm oppressed because of things that happened 100 years ago.
>>
>>51647506
Yeah, better wait till he shoots somebody so we get to shoot him then. Everything else is totally fascistic totalitarian comminazistuff. Unless, of course, it is somebody you politically disagree with. Or even worse, a nigger.
>>
I come to these threads periodically to see what /k/ feels/thinks about my profession. Sometimes there is very good input from some folks, although this thread is not one of those.

>>51646798 is the most reasonable post itt, all others are either too emotional, fallacy-ridden, or illogical to make the cut.

My opinion? Wearing camo as swat is cringe, especially marpat. Unless you're in a fugitive task force and are looking for a dude in a wooded/mountain area, don't be cringe. Same with the swat eagle on the uniforms. That shit is super cringe, it is a bootleg trident and no you didn't go through anything even resembling bud/s so fuck off with that little pin.

Mraps are fine. Some dude said they're niche and impractical, and he's wrong. Simple as. Some other dude said they're bad for community policing, well bud no one uses an mrap to do community policing. Instances where an mrap proved useful would require me to do another 2000 word-limit post so I won't get into it. They help.

Carriers are great. Duty belts get fucking heavy with all the less lethal shit we need to carry nowadays. Tazer, baton, mags, OC, tourniquet, gun, radio, narcan, cuffs, etc. Load bearing vests are based and I'll be damned if I have to wear all that shit on my belt again because some larpers think it's bad. I love you all, don't sperg out at me pls.
>>
>>51647300
I think you are too caught up in your own perceptions of what cops are to you rather than what they think of themselves. An armored vehicle is a tool that provides a capability that isn't available with the other vehicles in their fleet. You are too stuck in this highschool literature class tier conceptualization about what everything symbolizes and other horseshit.
>>
>>51647186
Of course but is exactly the point. If you are a department with the funding, you've got something purpose built. If not, you got what you could.
>vast majority of SWAT operations don't need an armored vehicle in the first place
Think of this like you would a firefighter going to some medical call with a pump truck. Sure they aren't going to need it for what it is used for but it is where they keep all their gear. They might not need the armor but they almost certainly need some of the equipment they've stored inside it.
>>
>>51647667
How long have you been on /k/? I swear that 4-5 years ago cops didn't get as much shit on here. I remember seeing threads fairly often where cops might tell stories or at least there was some discussion without what we have today. I guess that was all back when /k/ didn't despise the military too.
>>
>>51648096
>4-5 years ago cops didn't get as much shit on here
You remember correctly. Communist agitators are here.
>>
>>51647091
Meming faggot.
>>
File: 4u.png (261 KB, 464x409)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>51647574
>-t. grabber

/k/ is a weapons board, sweetie. Fuck off to discord.
>>
>>51648011
There is much more to policing than the technical details of day to day work. Those are just applications of concepts developed on a higher level, which are derived from a societal model and a policing strategy.
It is more a political than a practical decision whether you supply MRAPs to your police force or not. Because it has consequences for the way policing is done and percieved. That has nothing to do with literature but rather with the way society works as an entity.
>>
>>51648146
I hate commie scum as much as the next guy but if you think cops are your friends, youre an idiot and deserve the boot.
>>
>>51646447
Dual revolvers was standard cavalry and wild west practice since the 1850's, and by the Prohibition Era the military had already issued the 1911, so dual revolvers wasn't exactly new or the height of tacticool. Dual revolvers was a heightened force state, but the big difference today is the uniformity of tacticool. Again, during the Prohibition Era, special task forces and big cities had the big guns. Small towns were still Barney Fife-ing it. Now, Barney Fife would have an M4 in his squad car.
>>
File: 1Lsgh9b.jpg (58 KB, 556x412)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>51647667
>Load bearing vests are based and I'll be damned if I have to wear all that shit on my belt again because some larpers think it's bad.
I don't think anyone is complaining about the switch from duty belts to vests. People are complaining that the vests have a tactcool, larper aesthetic. If the carry vests were safety yellow with reflectors, no one would care. But blacked out makes police look like jackbooted stormtrooper, and highlights when they act like jackbooted stormtoopers.

pic related
>>
>>51648254
Let’s give them nukes, too. One free B61 with every Olanzapine prescription.
Let’s have all the felons have them too. Shall not be infringed, right?
>>
>>51648291
You ever met a cop outside of that ticket that got you so pissed? It might surprise you that they are just normal people.
>>
>>51637366
Fuck the blice?
>>
>>51648619
They look like stormtroopers to you because it fits your perception of cops. To almost everyone else they just look like cops.
>>
>>51648272
Careful not to get too high of your own shit. Nobody thinks like that in everyday life. Maybe that highschool literature thing wasn't too far off. How bout you explain the greater meaning of my balls in your mom's ass.
>>
>>51647506
It's standard for cops to roll up with a MRAP for a welfare check?
>>
>>51647667
>Trust me, bro, they're super-useful, I just won't tell you how they're useful
Either back it up or don't make the claim.
>>
>>51648808
You do not seem to be of the educated variety, so let me rephrase it for you simpleton:
People don't like that shit, because it reminds them of warzones. If you don't want your population to believe that they live in a warzone, you dont run around like Falludjah marines. Unless you actually are at war with your population, in which case it would be ok.
>>
>>51648844
No, it's standard for them to use a MRAP (if they have one) to respond to a call where there are bodies on the ground.
>>
>>51648924
MRAPs weren't used in Fallujah. Bradleys and M1 tanks were.
If you were being oppressed by a military, you'd know it. You're complaining about symbolism, and it's not even the correct symbolism because you're an ignorant bitch who deep down wants to feel oppressed to justify their failure at life.
>>
>>51648924
>People
Don't pretend you've been to a war zone, dumb neverserved hilljack.
>>
>>51647171
You literally can, you can buy any retired/former police and military vehicle out there. The are retired Humvees even with their original armor and MRAPS around, you can even buy APC's and own tanks. Maybe do your own research next time, retard.
>>
File: download_77.jpg (89 KB, 474x716)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
Why does everyone just conveniently forget the Munich Massacre and terrorism in the 70s? Most of this stuff started during this time as reaction to hostage taking and airplane hijackings.
>>
>>51649347
Sparky, not everybody in the general population is an autist obsessed with military weapons and history. People see MRAP and think Iraq or Afghanistan. And they do not want to live in Iraq or Afghanistan. That is why it is a reliable way to alienate large parts of your population, which in turn produces societal conflict on several levels. Even you should be able to understand why that might be undesirable.
There are a lot of people in the US who consider the police their enemy. Posturing aggressively rather than taking a deescalatory stance will make the situation worse.
>>
>>51649371
People, humans, those meatbags you could meet if you were to eventually leave your moms basement.
>>
File: download (37).jpg (36 KB, 474x316)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
As a Muzzie people whining about
muh "authoritarianism" is pretty funny. Back in my parents home country pic related have been accused of being a death squad and even got sanctioned by the Treasury Department. I asked my mother about them and she said that they have done a great job at getting rid of crime and that most of the accusations level against them are just slander.
>>
File: guatemala-cia11.jpg (95 KB, 600x315)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>51649580
Aesthetically they just cannot compete with cold war SOA graduates.
>>
>>51649480
>There are a lot of people in the US who consider the police their enemy
Fortunately, most are in jail and most of the rest are petty pillheads or larping cowards seething about rebellion.
>>
>>51647667
A cert guy I knew had a BearCat and said it was just a big useless piece of shit most of the time
>>
>>51648924
>People don't like that shit, because it reminds them of warzones
Projection
>>
>>51649480
You gotta get outside of your faggy little bubble, I’ve never even heard someone complain about police having armored vehicles before
>>
>>51637366
The popo larp harder than ever before because they have been gelded harder than ever before.

I'm from Seattle. Every gym class we would go to Cal Anderson Park passing by the precinct on the way there. That whole area later became CHAZ/CHOP. I went there once during the riots to pick up a sandwich. The precinct had been boarded up, protesters were taking turns giving speeches in front of it, and a nig in a plate carrier pointed his AR at me. I learned that day that the police are the dogs of the state. They will do whatever their liberal mayors tell them to do, and they will not risk their own careers to "protect and serve". The many thousands of boarded of building all across Seattle can attest to this. How many of these people were prosecuted? Very few.

I don't hate cops, but I recognize them as the enforcement arm of an unjust society. Most cops recognize this, and I think a lot of them larp to distract themselves from the reality.
>>
>>51646592
>But they are expensive to operate
And now you understand why the military wants to offload as much shit as they can into law enforcement agencies
>>
>>51650446
Profound
>>
>>51648924
>uh uh uhguu muh ptsd!~ muh mraps reminding me of ieds!
fuck off zogbot. nobody cares.
>>
File: 1638172188981.gif (2.49 MB, 400x255)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB GIF
>Blice
>>
>>51650392
You mean like the poll majority that disapproves of police militarization no matter who conducts to poll? Yeah, clearly projection. Must be some kind of communist subversion effort.
>>
>>51650420
The majority of the population disapproves of it, has nothing to do with "my bubble".
>>
>>51637366
Here in the third world (C.A.) you need to be a bloodthristy Psycho and loyal to your Master to be in the special police division.
motherfuckers kill mara niggers for sport and dissapear the bodies in less than an hour
Years ago some schizo named samurai killed one of his team mates because she knew too much about how the high ranking cops rolled with the local cartels.
I think he still at large, somebody told me he joined a cartel up in mexico but idk I don't watch the local news since 2014
>>
>>51650490
It is funny how you talk about zogbots but don't have a problem with zogbots roaming the streets in MRAPs.
>>
File: elite-pnc.jpg (237 KB, 1280x853)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>51650603
Forgot to post the uni
>>
>>51650616
>everyone who disagrees with me is a samefag

Newsflash pal: cops have used bulletproof cars in America for a century. They're not about to stop for pillbillies shilling admiralty law.
>>
>>51648892
You have to be an absolute retard neverserved if you can't see why an MRAP would be good for police work.
>muh feelings
>muh militarization
>>
>>51650806
Well I guess it depends on the country you live in.
United States or Mexico or something, sure. Iceland, Slovenia or Liechtenstein? No.
I guess the question is not about how militarized the police can be, but what percentage of the police is militarized. Small elite unit for terror stuff shouldn't be an issue. It becomes an issue once every policeman looks like that.
>>
>>51647574
>Yeah, better wait till he shoots somebody so we get to shoot him then
It's called due process and no prior restraint. You would understand these things instinctually if you were truly white
>>
File: 1640696749855.png (609 KB, 576x576)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>51643295
>Women using the same ties as the men
>>
>>51641733
>militarization of police is only one of the many signs of American fascism.
Weird how the often-cited examples of actual fasicsm didn't rely on militarizing ordinary police at all, instead opting to use paramilitary orgs to enforce their will early on, then forming their own internal security orgs once they took power.
>>
>>51648096
This. Soccer mom threads from 4-5 years ago all followed the pattern of
>cali soccer mom sees CC
>spergs out
>calls cops
>local sheriff shows up
>explains that anon is doing nothing wrong
>soccer mom spergs out further and does something illegal
>gets arrested
>everyone claps
Post one of those nowadays and you'll get five of what >>51648146 called commie agitators calling you a bootlicker for being on a first name basis with your local sherif.
>>
>>51648096
>I swear that 4-5 years ago cops didn't get as much shit on here
2020 happened. Now we know what they will do when given a choice between duty and following illegal orders. Cops must hang from lampposts, right next to the antifa and assorted criminals they protected.

And if you weren't watching the livestreams that summer, shut the fuck up because your opinion literally doesn't count and you get the rope too
>>
>>51641733
Faggot
>>
>>51637837

Yugoslav Police thread?
>>
File: uniforms.png (2.1 MB, 890x1548)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
>>51648745
Just grabbing some of the first pictures I can from google image searches. You don't see any difference between the two police uniforms? You don't see any similarity between the geared up office and marines? People change their behavior when in uniform, that's part of it's purpose. People act more aggressive when in military uniforms. That's not me projecting, that's just acknowledging the psychological effect of uniforms.
>>
>>51637366
They should be limited to revolvers. SWAT gets the special weapons.

They should all be bodycammed up.

They should always work in pairs.

The whole revenue generation system involving pigs, lawyers, courts, bail and private prisons should be utterly dismantled and rebuilt.

They require external oversight and audits. Internal affairs is inherently unreliable.

The ATF and FBI need to be subjected to a long series of assrapes. And be subject to state oversight.

Every incident they pull the trigger should be assumed as unjustified, until proven (to external auditors) otherwise.
>>
>>51652389
Cops should be limited to civilian weapons like suppressed 300blk sbrs with drum mags and lightning links.
>>
American Liberals. Who absolutely love sucking off Europe at every moment. They cry about american police looking like anything but Sheriff Andy.

Yet many European nations have military police forces for the civilian population. While the others have people in body armor and carrying SMGs as regular things in public.

It isn't what the police have. It's how they use it and us holding them accountable.
>>
>>51652389
>Every incident they pull the trigger should be assumed as unjustified
>fuck self defence
No, fuck you, grabber. May you be limited to blackpowder revolvers forever (>implying you aren't).
>>
>>51652389
>assumed as unjustified, until proven (to external auditors) otherwise.
so, like, a trial?
>>
>>51641733
Communism is the goal.

Socialism is the vehicle.

Fascism is the weapon.
>>
>>51641733
So...what existed before police?

Oh, that's right, soldiers who chopped off the hands of thieves on the spot.

I don't know man I prefer getting shot and recovering in the hospital, then having cops with swords and spears butcher me.
>>
>>51641733
>Fascism is capitalism in decay
That just makes me like fascism even more
>>
>>51651305
Cool it goofy...
>>
>>51652512
>Military police force for the civilian population
Are you talking about the gendarmerie? They usually don't look to different from regular police, and most of them have the same equipment and tasks as the regular police. In France and Italy it's basically the Police for Rural Areas, they might be "military" but are just policeman.
>American Liberals
Well, thankfully most people realized that the police is not there to protect them, it's there to protect the state. If the state is run by Liberals, who do you think the police will target? Just look at how they handled stuff in Portland, or during BLM riots.
>It isn't what the police have. It's how they use it and us holding them accountable.
Agreed. Best way to do it is to have mandatory bodycams, and more importantly release all bodycam footage to the victims so they can sue when needed. No bodycam footage equals jail time.
Remember when they shot some sleeping guy through the during a red flag raid and somehow lost all bodycam footage?
>>
>>51652389
>They should be limited to revolvers.
If the general populace isn't limited to revolvers why should they? Why should their ability to defend themselves be gimped by your pansy sensibilities?
>>
>>51638122
>>
>>51652199
That’a your only example? The top is exactly the same as the middle except the middle won’t have chronic back pain by the time they are 38
>>
>>51652389
Unbelievably based
The police exist to apprehend criminals to be put forward into a just trial. Non lethal takedown of criminals should be the only truly acceptable option for the police, the police are meant to be professionals and professionals need to have standards, these are standards that shouldn’t be expected of citizens because citizens aren’t trained professionals.
It’s not that there shouldn’t be any more heavily armed police, but they should absolutely under no circumstances be the standard in a sane country
>>
cops are the biggest gear queers on the planet
>>
>>51653026
Nice. I too would like all police to be IRL batman and perform at superhuman levels.
>>
I like the police because there are lot of political extremists around like communists, anarchists, and fascists and I want the police to be around to just shoot those people before they become annoying.
>>
>>51651305
>Cops and antifa should hang from lamposts
This is why we need the police more than ever. To deal with violent, radical right-wing terrorists like you. They need more liberty to just shoot idiots like you before you damage society
>>
File: 1556588593585.jpg (546 KB, 2247x1693)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>51648096
>>51651228
there was definitely less outright hate for them but old /k/ knew that cops would be the ones to enforce any of the feared grabbings
>>
>>51653239
Glad to see a lot of Willis being posted today maybe this board isn't 100% fucked.
>>
>>51653239
>>51653278
>this shit is unironically believed by /k/ larpers
Holy shit lmao
>>
>>51653239
>here was definitely less outright hate for them but old /k/ knew that cops would be the ones to enforce any of the feared grabbings
That is the thing. Old /k/ treated cops with a "you are alright for now but I'm keeping an eye on you" mindset. There wasn't this gay ass "you are my enemy" shit that infests these threads.
>>
>>51651228
I almost completely forgot about the soccermom threads. Fuck I wish we could go back to a time where /k/ wasn't just stupid kids who's entire frame of reference on the world is through shit they read on 4chan.
>>
File: 1527013615901.jpg (166 KB, 746x746)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>51637366
I used to be vehemently against it and made fun of all the rent a cops larping like your average autist on /k/.
Then the dem leaders in major cities let the mobs run wild and are literally letting crime be legal. It really put me at odds over who I hate more, niggers or cops?

That being said, I can see why they would want a tactical kit trying to deal with this shit in this day and age. Hell, we all fap over Muldoons get up in Jurassic park because he wanted the coolest tools for the job. If my job was gamekeeper at Alimony Park you'd bet your ass id go in with a full kit
>>
>>51652199
>that's just acknowledging the psychological effect of uniforms.
The only person here with a psychological effect from uniforms is you shitting yourself at the though to cops adopting practical gear. You are exactly the same as the antigunners who are scared of black rifles.
>>
>>51652985
because they represent the STATE
they are not normal people by way of the position they occupy.
>>
>>51653333
you phrased it much better than I did but yeah that was the point I was trying to get across
nice digits
>>
>>51653048
You don’t need to be a superhuman to handcuff a crackhead without an assault rifle
>>
>>51637366
They ought to wear the "blue camo" the US Navy has or had. It would look aesthetic and show they are not a de facto army.
Also, there should be less paramilitary cops and more regular local officers of improved quality.
>>
>>51641715
you forgot the lovesense hush and sissy hypno playing through your airpods
>>
>>51653941
you completely missed the point dumbass
>>
>>51637366
The police deploy with more ammunition than soldiers on patrol in Iraq, and have much looser rules of engagement. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>51637581
but there's no neon and all the white people have retarded nigger hair. dystopia RUINED
>>
>>51638057
>Now they wear multicam and use AR’s like everyone else because “that’s what everyone else is doing.”
funny to see someone actually say it. someday the geer queer civil war preppers will realize that ARs are actually kinda mediocre
>>
File: zoomers.jpg (91 KB, 671x1024)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>51638122
Hey, if you want to live in a Stalinist police state dystopia, be my guest, you retarded zoomer.
>>
File: come and take it.png (60 KB, 500x556)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>51640004
>cops protecting whites
lmao you fell for the woke propaganda that the police protect whites and only hurt blacks.
most people in prison are white men, shit for brains. just keep absorbing that cuck propaganda on CNN. fuck me.
the biggest predictor of whether you'll end up in prison isn't race, it's economics. blacks may well be gibbons with a crime bone in their brains, i don't know, but they are not the primary target. they are A target, but WE are THE target, as a whole.

you people are no different from fucking bolsheviks.

keep your greasy nigger fingers off my guns, you commie cunt.
>>
File: retardoogabooga.jpg (40 KB, 700x540)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>51652804
yes, because a community watch or a militia aren't possible. it's either one kind of police state or another, always.
fuck off, commie.
>>
>>51648146
not everyone who hates uniformed gun grabbers is a communist
>>
>>51654309
>community watch or a militia
In (some of) medieval England, this was the main force and the actual police were for officially taking custody of suspects after local men already apprehended them. It worked like that in feudal Japan as well. Edo circa the mid 1700s had 25 cops, for a population of over a million
>>
File: larpers owned.png (816 KB, 1496x407)
816 KB
816 KB PNG
>>51654183
>The police deploy with more ammunition than soldiers on patrol in Iraq

[citation needed]
>>
File: FB_IMG_1626104340121.jpg (154 KB, 1080x1440)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>51637366
>What's /k/'s opinion on the mall ninja-fication of police?

Really depends on context. Imagine being an Iraqi policeman and you only have like a shotgun or a sidearm against fully kitted out terrorists like ISIS. Its stupid right.

That said Amerimutts deserve militarized police forces since if their civilians can own and afford assault rifles and body armor, the police likewise should meet potential criminals on an equal footing.
>>
>>51639677
>a Navy full of niggers that can’t swim.
America is a failing mulatto stud farm for kikes
LOL
>>
>>51653418
Dude, it's not a hard idea to grasp. People act differently if they are dressed in a culturally significant way. They teach this level of psychology in public schools. How autistic are you?
>>
>>51654770
Appendix E: Rules of Engagement for U.S. Military Forces in Iraq
>Positive identification (PID) is required prior to engagement
Cops chase down and shoot up the wrong vehicles. That's when they aren't "swearing that he had a gun".

>Do not engage anyone who has surrendered or is out of battle due to sickness or wounds
Cops shoot people kneeling with their hands on their head, because they aren't obeying contradictory commands fast enough.

>Do not fire into civilian populated areas or buildings unless the enemy is using them for military purposes
Police officer opens fire on suspect; shoots old lady, dog, and partner only.
>>
>>51637366
It means that many retards without any training in de-escalation will become police officers. Then again, it's basically just an american and third world problem.
>>
>>51656906
Grasp my nuts.
>>
>>51657006
>Cops shoot people kneeling with their hands on their head, because they aren't obeying contradictory commands fast enough.
Got any examples outside of the Shaver shooting?
>>
>>51657240
That autists tard wrangler who got shot while on his knees and surrendering
>>
>>51656906
This boards population has the same characteristics regarding education and intelligence as the population as a whole. What do you expect?
>>
>>51649448
There is a big difference between having a militarized national level asset like GSG9 and every town of 20,000 in Buttfucknowhere, Ohio operating MRAPs.
>>
>>51650716
what's their level rating?
>>
File: floyd riot kneelers.png (534 KB, 460x481)
534 KB
534 KB PNG
>>51648096
if a picture says a thousand words, what does it say to the people who are the most loyal to said security apparatus watches those who claim they will protect and serve them end up kneeling in submission and solidarity to rioters who actively go out of their way to burn down the people's homes and businesses, murder them in the streets, say they deserved it because a thug nigger who attacks the populace that was promised security got shot or OD'd themself, then watch that same security apparatus go after and arrest honest citizens who try to defend themself against the same hate mobs picrel kneels to because they're alone, have less resources, and thus considered an easier mark?

that kneeling pr alone is an inescapable problem for those who say they'll protect and serve the public, then take such a posture that the public that supports them at large is the enemy because the mayor or governor snapped their finger and says 'get them'. because it tells the public that
1: the reward for loyalty is treachery because they can back the blue as much as they like, but it will not be reciprocated.
2: violent rioters will get what they want and the security apparatus will submit to them which shows the public that peaceful moves to address greivances is a waste of time and in turn, end up in a state of anarcho tyranny in service to the current ruling class who visibly hates the populace
3: there is no sense in being lawful when the political apparatus is being lawless and treats the security apparatus like toys to insulate themselves from the backlash of their own policies, and the public like enemies because they are no longer in service to said public, only to themselves.

either rights matter or they don't.
>>
>>51658765

>not even getting the harrasment and arrest of non mask wearers over the 99% survivable chinkflu
>not even mentioning rounding people up to violate all medical rights and ethics and forcefully inject a poison vax or put in camps then claiming the populace who supported them for the longest time was the problem all along
>not even bothering to see them know said measures are bullshit but go along with it anyways
>>
File: file.png (335 KB, 640x429)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>51638057
>Many people don’t realize just how important fashion and “fitting in” with other departments is police admins.
So much this. The worst is now that police departments by me are doing the "ghost lettering" for highway patrol cars, so they look like normal f250s when they're parked on the side of the road until you pass them. Which makes sense, it's better than a completely unmarked car I suppose, but now the fire departments see these trucks and want ghost lettering on their trucks. Government employees are like 12 year olds who saw another kid got his mom to buy him heeleys and so they all want heeleys too.
>>
>>51648096
that's not to say every department kneels. some didn't and deserves acknowledgement and respect. i dont necessarily hate cops either, just alot more leery of their nature and purpose after 2020. because if they're only going to do what they're told against whom they're told to do it to like every single armed force before them, then it makes securing political power as the ultimate goal just to ensure you're the one giving their orders, which in turn makes elections far more consequential than they should be. it shouldn't be this way.
>>
How much does it in the US arise from the comically fractured and localized way policing is set up, while almost everywhere else law enforcement is organized at state or national level?
>>
>>51653979
Are you able to articulate what a “paramilitary” cop is?
>>
>>51637366
I've seen just as much hand wringing in favor of "Professional" appearance as those in favor of the tactical faggotry. Honestly, it depends on how/what type of retarded your leadership is. I've personally seen captains/chiefs decry weapon lights and cargo pants as militarized bullshit while pining for the days of campaign hats and starched ties. I've also seen overfunded departments with SWAT teams that look like they're ready for a deployment to Afghanistan.

There's no middle ground where people can appreciate the value in modern ideas stuff like patrol rifles etc and not want want to larp as special forces. Most police departments in the US are underfunded and understaffed and have little to no idea how to use what "militarized" equipment they do have. There's a serious culture of "We know best" where whatever they were taught at the academy or the county training center is the end all be all of knowledge.
>>
>>51658882
Ghost lettering on emergency vehicles is the most retarded thing I've ever experienced and should be criminal. The whole point of these vehicles is to be visible and it stands as some of the worst larping by retarded hose jockeys.
>>
>>51641771
>buzzword vomit backed up by nothing
yawn
>>
>>51659066
The u.s. is a collection of self governing states--or at least that's the idea.
Having state led policy is infinitely better than federal policy.
Euro fags wouldn't get it
>>
>>51660910
Most European countries have state police and federal police. Same as the USA.
What Anon was speaking to was the high autonomy of local police force. Now, I have no idea how the US police works, but it seems like some police stations can chose their own firearms and equipment.
>>
>>51654213
I think the AR is an acceptable prepper weapon because they are ubiquitous and parts and ammo for them are common
>>
>>51660490
i don't mind the 'level' of equipment, i just don't think cops should look exactly like soldiers but in navy blue. I think cops in plate carriers and ARs are more likely to act like soldiers, especially when a lot of them are vets.
>>
>>51640745
Disturbing image, anon.
True, I guess, but so visceral and gross.
>>
>>51660910
>>51661337
>Having state led policy is infinitely better than federal policy.
>Euro fags wouldn't get it
>What Anon was speaking to was the high autonomy of local police force. Now, I have no idea how the US police works, but it seems like some police stations can chose their own firearms and equipment.
That's exactly what I meant, US municipal administration is comically splintered while everywhere else it tends at least somewhat top down organized and run by civil servants to function and serve more effectively instead tons of school boards, city councils and other offices elected by hardly anyone, which all perhaps made sense for a smaller frontier town or city back in 1860 but not modern metro areas with six, seven or even eight digit populations.
Just take a look at the amount and size of police agencies serving Los Angeles County, a place of 10 million people with some police agencies as as small as 15 officers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enforcement_in_Los_Angeles_County
http://www.laalmanac.com/crime/cr69.php
>>
>>51642424
your point? its a shitskin regardless?
nation isn't the reason. its the race.
>>
>>51647186
Mobile hard cover sounds incredibly useful.
>>
>>51642641
no shine, this isn't the 40's
>>
Just another model citizen aka tattooed thug with a badge.
https://youtu.be/V3OATDKa2yc
>>
>>51637366
Honestly for all of the shit I heard about them militarizing in the last decade they sure got a lot of teargas canisters kicked back at them and fireworks thrown into their lines. I don't know how many people were just straight out shot by the police at any of the riots last year but there certainly wasn't a moment where they rolled through a crowd in a Bearcat, dropped open the firing ports and started magdumping. If widespread "burn down your local downtown" level unrest wasn't enough to trigger them acting what is even the point of having that kind of equipment?

Watching recent protests in Western Europe their gendarmes were just straight up shooting people in the torso with rifles as a crowd dispersal method.
>>
>>51664846
>Watching recent protests in Western Europe their gendarmes were just straight up shooting people in the torso with rifles as a crowd dispersal method.
It would have been abysmal optics if they had used live rounds, regardless of the situation, because of the precedent set in HK. It was surprisingly restrained, and it would have been very easy for media to draw up comparisons between murderous US police and peaceful Chinese police.

Someone pulling strings was very aware of this.
>>
>>51637366
To be expected when your entire country is heavily militarized. Everything else is trickle down, from men, to materials, and methodology. Vets need places to go, milsurp needs people to use, etc
>>
>>51654269
nta and not trying to defend cops but proportionately blacks are imprisoned at higher rates than whites
if there are more whites in US prisons its only because the US population has a much larger white population than it does a black population
>>
>>51643780
>we
>them
>white savior shtick

Most of "them" and their descendants were born in the US, far from their original homes. Where exactly would they leave to, again?
>>
>>51647352
Why not shields, or changing tactics like addressing the shooter before attending to the wounded?

The point is, military doctrine is different from police doctrine. Doctrines influence everything from tactics, training, equipment, etc. When you use the TTE derived from one doctrine meant for one context, and apply it elsewhere against different kinds of people, you get mixed results. In simple terms, you fight like a soldier against the "enemy", forgetting that you're a cop against your own civilian populace.

Like using Mine Resistant Ambush Protected trucks in your city. Where are the mines? Where are the ambushes? You're not fighting insurgents in the Middle East, in fact, your job as a cop isn't to "fight", per se, at all. But if you take a look at militarized police today, you'd start wondering about their job description. Other countries don't use the same response as the US does, nor suffer the same harmful effects...
>>
>>51637366
every larp-cop that you kill is a lootbox.
no need for $2.50 keys when you have a lead key worth $0.30
>>
>>51648745
Cops elsewhere in the world look nothing like the cops in America. Don't see plate carriers often myself. You sure it's a perception issue?
>>
>>51653418
Practical tac gear is nice and all, but what kind of world do you live in where it's even remotely useful? And what can you do to improve it, not just respond to it? Plate carriers are nice but who's trying to shoot you? MRAPs are cool but who's laying mines? Militarized doctrine is useful, but who are you trying to "fight"? If I am liable to mistake a cop for a soldier, perhaps he is liable to mistake me for an enemy...
>>
>>51654143
He hit it right on the head dumbass. If you can't take the heat get the fuck out the kitchen. Higher standards should bring in better men to uphold them, those who don't make the cut get dropped. Why settle for less?
>>
>>51641733
Oh wow i remember this. a bunch of faggot cops in L.A.R.P. gear attacked a bunch of women holding hands. Fuck cops. When I call them because some hobo is making death threats to my customers they never show up. But when they see a skateboarder they send the entire fucking police force. They dont give a shit unless they can make money from the encounter or lose money for not showing up.

I fucking gutted a hobo 4 years ago because he kept threatening my customers and he finally pulled a box cutter. I called the police 3 times that day and they never showed until they got multiple calls for a fucking gutted hobo. And when they show they have the nerve to fucking arrest ME. Fuck cops, and especially fuck dispatchers.
>>
>>51666148
...you stabbed a hobo?
>>
File: ryan whitaker.jpg (40 KB, 724x1080)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>51657240
AND captured on video? sure. Ryan Whitaker was executed on his knees after cops pulled a ding dong ditch at his home in the dead of knight in AZ. There's also the time where cops shot a mental health therapist on his back with his empty hands in the air in the middle of the day because he was trying to protect a mentally disabled man who was sitting in the street. That's just off the top of my head.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>51666175
yeah. Used an Ontario Knife OKC Rat folding knife. It's chinese crap, but it's nice and wide. And it was certainly better than that little red box cutter the hobo pulled.
>>
>>51666148
>I called the police 3 times that day and they never showed until they got multiple calls for a fucking gutted hobo.
Nobody understands how worthless these tax thieves are until they have to rely on them and they prove to be complete ass-backwards mental midgets who fail at everything than just shrug and say "just doin muh job".
911 is not a number I will ever dial again.

>verification not required.
>>
File: 1619440884837.gif (3.44 MB, 95x85)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB GIF
>claims cops are turning into a dehumanized faceless paramilitary force for the elites
>entire reason you're suspicious of cops is human error in cops, who have names, badges, cameras, etc.
Talk to me when it's like Brazil, where a cop can gun down some nobody and get away with it for the remainder of their life.
>>
File: gunkata.jpg (15 KB, 637x358)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>51666254
>911 is not a number I will ever dial again.
I dial 911 every time. It's the only thing that saved me in my case. My lawyer was able to argue that the police were not providing a basic police presence due to so many "ignored" calls.
>>
>>51654269
>>
>>51639590
...the point of the argument really flew over your head bud
>>
>>51637366
>"fuck the police! Kill all cops!"
>"no u"
>monkey screeches and "you can't do that!" from the faggots that have never had to fade the repercussions of their actions before
And these faggots end up just weakening their own valid complaints agaisnt cops because they cause the need for more cops so recruitment and standards are loosened.
They decide to riot over a cop being nigger adjacent while he ods, and in doing so create many more cops which will statiscally create more incidents of cops being near niggers when they do some stupid shit and die.
>>
>>51667040
They also, in their infantile rage, create the need for cops to become (((militarized))).
If I spent months trying to, and at times succeeding in, firebomb government building, I would understand when the government decides to try and stop me.
But if I felt strongly enough about matters to start firebombing, I don't think I'd immediately give up and then go cry on the internet about how mean it is that I'm being treated in the same manner that I'm treating others. Especially those with the means to treat me much worse.
>>
>>51666083
>Plate carriers are nice but who's trying to shoot you?
What kind of world do you live in where a plate carrier isn't infinitely better than soft vests and duty belts? Who is trying to shoot you? Come the fuck on.
>MRAPs are cool but who's laying mines?
Nobody you tard. They aren't buying MRAP's because there are mines and ieds everywhere, they are buying them because they are cheap armored vehicles on the surplus market. Anybody with the money is buying purpose built police vehicles.
>>
>>51666097
No he didn't. Expecting the police to never have to kill someone is completely ignorant. Should the police strive to arrest people whenever possible? Absolutely. I hope you wouldn't be surprised to find that this is the case already. But to think that non lethal is the only acceptable outcome is just retarded. Cops aren't just shooting people for the hell of it. With the climate of policing today, most cops go well beyond what is reasonable before resorting to lethal. And before you go and find some body cam footage of a shitty shoot to serve as a gotcha, understand that that is the exception, not the rule. Shit like the shooting of that guy in the motel is not what policing looks like today.
>>
File: 1569254172813.jpg (90 KB, 640x896)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>51637396
It has to do with the gay military worship fetish in America. Every single oinker in America believes they're a You Ess Muhreen and should be respected as such.
>>
>>51667986
Imagine seething this much because someone is respected and praised by society and you aren't. Jealous much?
>>
>>51641977
Cops in Appalachia have to be polite because they're dealing with some of the craziest mountain hardened cocksuckers on the planet. People have their own rules and way of life there, and they don't give a fuck about a badge if you cross them. That being said most of those people are truly salt of the earth, good people. But they will fucking kill you if you screw with them.
>>
>>51668018
Absolutely nobody respects oinking hogs. That's why you see cars driving past when a prize pot bellied pig gets ventilated on the side of the road.

Also Picrel, it's you being fed by your owner hahahaha
>>
>>51668060
Yeah, you are definitely seething.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.