[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1203497810238947.png (623 KB, 939x666)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
Sea Wolf bros... not like this
https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/us-scrap-3billion-submarine-accident
>>
File: 1622476348727.jpg (626 KB, 2880x3426)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
W-we need more d-diversity...
>>
File: 1636312187356.jpg (141 KB, 1120x630)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>51179590
Ok Chang
>>
>>51179545
These threads all have an identical template
>>
>>51179545
Uncharted underwater mountains > US navy
>>
template thread
>>
>>51179590
Sounds like a cope. Really, a competent organization would be able of allocating resources to compensate for even "sub-par" recruits.
>>
>>51179545
observe the burgermutt
>>
us navy loses battles with nature. china wins battles against world. no competition.
>>
When did you realize that the Amerimutt meme has all the hallmarks of ADL/IDF demoralization tactics and the insidious cleverness of the Jew as an adept at Narcissistic projection as a whole? What they are showing you is what they want to be reality and they insist that It's already manifest. Note how it also comes coupled with the declaration: "Amerimutts won't do shit!" Or "You won't do shit!" It's not only an attempt to attack the ideals that they see us adopting and one that they would have us affect us to the point of defeatist helplessness while they continue to attempt to destroy others. Such is a characteristic trait of the low and perverse mindset of the Jew and their level of focus and projection of their truly grotesque and vindictive form of subtle Racism. In their minds, there is always a bigger, stronger party looming over them with a sharpened knife and the Jew is so compelled to live in that state that their only sense of empowerment comes in acting out role-reversal upon others. Yet in order to do that, they must attack Infants and Children and can only feel the same effect of dominance over Adults in Infantilization of them. The Amerimutt-Meme shows those exact traits but also has characteristics of a fat, elderly Jew. Because of the Jews own buried self-loathing, we'll always find those baroque Grotesquerian traits in common in their propaganda. Yet for all they have done to assail us, they are failing and wasting away in their own hatred and Genetic-Bottleneck as their abominable intentions become more and more undeniable. Stay strong, do not be afraid to name them as the Wicked Failures they made themselves into.
>>
Remember when /k/ was about weapons?
>>
>>51181849
a nuclear sub is a weapon.
>>
>>51180329
It was a HSU001 mountain which can move around, hard to chart
>>
>>51181837
>What they are showing you is what they want to be reality and they insist that It's already manifest.
This is called wish casting and examples include the “China collapsing in 2 weeks” cope stories
>>
Got to think about those poor shipyard owners. They'll make a few million less repairing the JC instesd of making another Virigina. How will they be able to afford a new Gulf Stream and pay off all those politicians?
>>
>>51182818
This retarded procurement policy, where every shitnozzle state representative will utterly refuse to sign off on a military budget, unless a nut/bolt factory is built in his shitfuck podunk state, pointlessly wasting funds, is utter madness.
>>
>>51182818
The Connecticut isn’t a Virginia class, it’s Seawolf class. And seeing as there are only 3 in existence I would be surprised if they didn’t repair it. Also all of you retards forget how many subs the Soviets and Russians lost, remember Kursk?
>>
>>51181849
Yeah so many good threads
>What is the best gun for zombies, /k/?
>I want to built a nuclear bomb how do??
>what is the best gun to buy when I turn 18?
>>
>>51182774
sez you
>>
Wasn't the guys responsible for the crash all diversity hires/promotions?
>>
>>51179590

only 5 of these are fuckable. as it's the navy I am also including the males
>>
>>51181849
It’s pretty much just military themed /pol/ or /int/ at this point. Except for the gun threads, all of the shills are mysteriously absent for some reason.
>>
>contractor builds subs out of substandard Americanium steel (aka stale McDonald's hamburgers)
>diverse sonar operator and helmsmen plow it into a mountain, total loss
America simply cannot compete in the 21st century. It is a corrupt and decadent nation.
>>
>>51183428
At least those are just shitty threads on topic. With these threads it's just bait.
>>
>>51181849
are submarines not weapons?
is the navy not an organization that fields weapons?
are you not a dumb fuck retard?
>on topic thread i dont like because it makes me feel bad, there fore i declare it off topic!
on topic has NOTHING to do with your faggot emotions, nigger.
>>
>>51179545
Everyone is de-militarizing and that’s good.

Have a pork bun and a second good perfect better American revolution.
>>
>>51179545
seems like the US losses a major warship every year to accidents. sometimes multiple ships per year.
>>
There never was a war.
>>
>>51183428
well you can thank jannies,trannies, and mods for /k/ becoming a characterless shithole.
>>
>>51179590
A BOY WENT TO PRISON FOR TAKING A SELFIE IN A SUBMARINE
>>
>>51183808
lax standards man....
>>
Why the fuck should I care about a 3 billion boat that has no bearing on my life or even the grand military strategy that will never be used
>>
>>51184576
The steel isn't 'necessarily' bad, the tests proving it otherwise we're just falsified. But there's no way it isn't going to be repaired, because they've already started. This thread and that article is are retarded
>>
File: trump wavy face 6.gif (881 KB, 406x311)
881 KB
881 KB GIF
>>51179590
>PEOPLE THAT ARENT WHITE ARE IN THE MILITARY?!?!?! AAAAAAHHHHHH IM GOING INSANE!!! SAVE ME NIGGERMAN!!!!!
>>
>>51185529
It underwent repairs at Guam for damage assessment and to stabilise it. Full scale repairs back to operational capability, which needs to be done at Portsmouth will need hundreds of millions. If the cost to repair it exceeds the value of its remaining lifespan the USN will scrap it, like they did the USS Miami.

It'll be very expensive. The USN doesn't have entirely front sections and sonars lying around.
>>
>>51185737
Bremerton has all the facilities they need for repairs, and they already put a new dome on it
>>
>>51185654
>he thinks the problem is that theyre not white
this is why leftists will always be retarded
>>
>>51179590
The barbarisation of the US military in real time, funny how history repeats itself.
>>
>>51185654
7.5 of those are white you antifa brainlet, he was pointing out their slovenly unmilitary nature and general degenerate bearing

you are the gayest prolapsed parasite spreader i have ever fucking seen post on this board, i bet you pray to the pope and vote democrat 30x per election
>>
>>51179545
>>51179590
Kek
Another diversity hire.
>>
>>51186261
How the fuck does a 90-day wonder get command of a submarine? Jesus H. Christ!
>>
>>51185975
cope
seethe
>>
File: FhN.jpg (427 KB, 2048x1536)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>51180303
Funny thing about this, it was displayed as part of an exposition in other words some company is looking to export a version of it. There was a thread here, tl;dr /k/ didn't understand what they were then.

The rail requirement I guess territorial security, missile recovery, possibly because of a targeting requirement for absolute positional precision but barges can have very good position correction. Note there was also a barge version shown at the expo pic related.

So what nation is going to purchase (import, even) a mobile ship analog for ECCM and target purposes? If you're testing missiles.. maybe. Its a different world for sure.
>>
>>51186261
>Joined in 2001
>First independent command in 2019
>90 day wonder
Your mother consumed vast amounts of hard liquor while you were in the womb.
>>
>>51188395
>doesn't comprehend the skipper that cuntraked one of the only three Seawolves we'll ever have was only an XO for 90 days
>replies to the wrong post
Truly you are big brain
>>
>>51188400
Okay, but you called him a 90 day wonder. That is a specific term, with a specific meaning, which does not apply.
>>
>>51183808
It's lonely as hell under sail
>>
>>51188409
just be graceful in defeat you dumb fuck
>>
>>51179545

America, you no longer have the shipbuilding capability to replace all your subs in a reasonable time. Nobody has it since the end of the Cold War. All Cold War submarines are about to reach the end of their service in the next couple of years. The next few years will be about attempting to extending the service as much as everybody can.
>>
>>51188701
Defeat?

>>51188738
9 subs are currently under construction
>>
>>51180303
>US Navy is horribly mismanaged, a fact it admits itself
>"C-CHANG!!!!!!!"
Pride cometh before the fall
>>
>>51188759
>The post he was responding to was about the mismanagement of the Navy
>Not an overly posted /pol/-chang (but I repeat myself) post
>>
>>51179545
>As Forbes noted: “the USS Connecticut’s mishap is a big deal and no longer a cozy internal Navy matter.... the Navy’s continued silence is doing more harm than good.”

Let's be honest, how many admirals learned about this before the media did?
>>
>>51188743

It will still have a 25-boat gap.
>>
>>51185654
>Lemme compromise the security of the ship and show that I am not mission ready
Reminder that the cargo ship incident near japan was caused by social media drama between crew members on the bridge along with sleep deprivation attributed to phone use. Several sailors died because of that.
>>
>>51188785
Will it?

>>51188787
>Just making things up
>>
>>51188738
Subs are obsolete anyways, SAR devices can easily find them from the surface.
>>
>>51185181
What happens when you blatantly lack leadership and rely on authority instead of critical thinking skills.
>>
>>51188794

Yes, there will be a shortage of subs over next two decades. The Navy has, for years, known that it could suffer an attack-boat shortage. The submarine shortage is the result of a long break in U.S. submarine production in the immediate aftermath of the Cold War. The fleet received just five new SSNs between 1990 and 1999.

Despite the Navy purchasing two new Virginias every year on average since 2012, the 10-sub gap is likely to widen in the 2020s as older Los Angeles boats, which the Navy bought at high rates during the 1980s and 1990s, reach the end of their useful service lives.
>>
>>51188820
Kek, you just googled "USN submarine gap" and copied from the first article (which was from 2028).

The gap applies to attack boats and is being closed by the Virginia class and life extensions of the Los Angeles pending the introduction of their new class. Current projections are for the fleet to drop to 52 by the end of this decade and then grew to 68 by the 2040s
>>
>>51188859
>>
>>51188859

As, I've said. They needed to extend the service time of subs because there's no way the US can replace all of them.
>>
>>51188887
They will grow the size of the fleet over the next 20 years...
>>
>>51188859
>>51188820

Why is Warisboring so doom and gloom?
>>
It can be rebuilt. Electric boat still has the plans.
>>
>>51179545
Without even firing a shot, China has already destroyed 3 major USN platforms.
China is too strong.
>>
>>51185181
Now count how many subs the US has lost vs Russia.
>>
mutts BFTO'd as always.
Happy """"""Thanks"""""""givings.
Thank you for giving us food we will slaughter and rape you later. Such is the way of niggers.
>>
The boat will gets fixed up like the other which was damaged years ago. It was safe enough to get back to port, it's worth repairing.
And to the RPing "Chinese: Shut the fuck up, you're American. Stop pretending to be something else. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>51191313
Just like that Bonhomme Richard amirite
>>
File: uuv parade.jpg (456 KB, 1120x746)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
HSU-001 is one hell of a sea-mount...
>>
>>51191423
That was a fire what does that have to do with anything being discussed here?
>>
>>51179545
If they scrap the sub, then they deserve to have their budget cut. They obviously are incapable of making financially informed decisions.
>USS Connecticut collision
>USS Fitzgerald
>USS Bonnhomme
>Zumwalt Class Shit Wagons
The modern US navy is quickly falling into a state of mismanagement and disrepair due to low morale, poor leadership, over diversification, and upper brass involving themselves financially in the defense industry. We’re paying out the ass to finance these assholes who make poor decisions again and again.
>inb4 CHANG COPE LOLZ
Fuck the Chinks and the Slav monkies.
>>
>>51181837
Pills.
>>51179545
>Scrap $3 Billion Submarine
Let's see, designed 1983, launched 1997 so 25 years active service.
US sub fleet: approx 10x the firepower of any other sub fleet
Virginia class subs are newer, better and cost $2b each.
Seems about right to me. If they weren't considering this it would probably warrant a congressional investigation into waste and fraud
>>
>>51180923
A competent organization wouldn't fill itself with sub-par recruits.
>>
>>51185367
Was it in plant spaces?
>>
>>51187796
It would have been racist not to put him in charge.
>>
>>51188409
I called him a 90-day wonder first.
It's a reference to OCS products.
>>
>>51179590
lmao
>>
>>51191447
I doubt that bitty thing caused the damage.
>>
>>51191623
You forgot about the LCS boondoggles, they're the reason why we're now buying FFGs from Italy
>>
>>51179590
#12 and #13: he/him, does the work
>>
>>51179590
Jesus christ, USA has a genetic problem.
>>
>>51191625
>Virginia class subs are newer, better and cost $2b each.
Virginia class can't dive nearly as deep and have half the torpedo tubes. The seawolf also has larger torpedo tubes though no one even knows why. The seawolf might also have classified advantages in speed and other features.

Improved Akula and Yassen can potentially troll LA and Virginia classes by lurking around twice as deep.
>>
>>51188773
Kek, reminds me of the Yes Prime Minister episode where the British Government is so incompetent they get all their foreign news from the TV, and the PM has the foreign office calling him for news because only he has a working TV
>>
>>51191313
>>51191623
It's not that simple. The entire front part needs to be replaced including the sonar. That's going to be costly. Only Puget and Portsmouth can do it, and both are very full overhauling, building and recycling nuclear subs. It'll be a cost benefit question. The damaged sub has a finite lifespan. To fix it they either need to get Congress to give them more money - which would open a Congressional inquiry into the accident and be publicly humilating, for no guarantee of success. Or they can take the money from another sub program, delaying its construction.

If the cost is too high, in the case of the USS Miami and Bonhomme, it will be scrapped.
>>
>>51194487
Turns out we don't need 8 torpedo tubes after all.
> speed
Virginia-class is 1000 short tons lighter than the Seawolf-class with the exact same powerplant. No way it's not faster
>Akula
They stopped building Seawolfs because competent operation of Akula-class boats vanished overnight, and to date, only the Russians and the Indians have them, so it's not really a concern

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.