[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Which is the greater WOMD? Which would be more potent and used in WWIII?
>>
>>50821730
I feel like the most potent would be a well engineered bioweapon, since that can be deployed rather easily and there is a degree of plausible deniability. Not so much if you straight up nuke or gas your enemies capital.
>>
Nukes are overall more deadly, but I'd honestly take a nuke over a large-scale gas attack. At least if you get hit by a nuke, you either live or die in the first minute. With VX, maybe you get away. Maybe you come back home months after decontamination teams have cleaned every corner of the affected area. Maybe you feel finally safe again a year later. The next day, you unravel an old garden hose you've had lying in the backyard, touch a microgram of VX residue, and proceed to die flailing around and shitting yourself. At least the nuke is quick.
>>
File: hisashi_ouchy.jpg (78 KB, 700x413)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>50822070
>At least if you get hit by a nuke, you either live or die in the first minute

ok
>>
>>50821730
A great example of the psychological effect on civilians would be the 1991 Gulf War, when IDF intel believed Saddam Hussein might use chemical weapons. The government can actually be very quick to issue them, and every time he fired a scud everyone put on a gas mask. Most people found it as a way to have fun, taking family pictures with the gas masks in the shelters.
Issue is the type of gas. Underground shelters can become a trap if it’s heavier than air…
>>
>>50821885
Why does this sound so familiar.
>>
>>50822085
>posts power plant accident victim
My point stands. Modern nukes are fairly clean and burn off all of their fissile material, which is what typically melts skin off after the initial detonation.
>>
>>50821730
Oh, neat. I've been to the base where those agents would be stored at. No wonder they had the place covered in so many sensors, they could find where someone sprayed the wrong brake cleaner at.
>>
>>50822100
Eh, covid isn't deadly enough to be a bioweapon. The real weapon being used right now is an infoweapon. Control the narrative, and you could cripple entire continents!
>>
>>50822100
yea sure covif could be from a lab, but even then i dont believe it to have been deployed deliberately. What i do find very interesting about covid is the long covid syndrome:

>Be china
>want to take over the world
>release bio-agent which isnt quite lethal, but has the potential to majorly fuck over a healthy young persons stamina

So i do believe a long-covid type bioweapon could be a great strategic tool at weakening your enemy
>>
>>50821730
Nukes will pretty much always be better than gas. Transporting enough gas to do the damage a single nuke can would be a nightmare. Gas is best used as in WWI or on small scale, hence it being popular with terrorist types. A nuke is always large scale devastation and can end up with similar results to gasses for survivors depending on how dirty it is. Nukes have a much better set of delivery systems, have a much better devastation to size/weight ration, and go where you want them instead of being at the whims of the wind once deployed. Yes fallout is at the whims of the wind too but the initial explosion and the nastiness that comes with it is going to hit your target. Neither of these are the most potentially lethal and devastating WMD though.

The problem with the deadliest one is once released it can easily come back and get you and is very likely completely out of your control once released. Biological.

>>50822274
The problem with this is there's no way to effectively make sure it won't hit home too. The world is too intertwined.
>>
>>50822287
>there's no way to effectively make sure it won't hit home too

just develop a vax before you deploy it, and have it given to your troops as a "flu-shot" or sth like that
>>
>>50822300
And what happens when it develops variant strains your vaccine doesn't work for? This is still an issue with the flu and commie cough. If it kills too quickly it won't spread. If it has time to spread it has time to mutate creating new strains. The more it changes the less effective a vaccine will be. All it takes is a strain that isn't stopped so effectively by the vaccine like the coof's delta but for your bio-weapon to show up and you're in trouble. It'll also become quickly apparent where it came from if you're already passing out vaccines or magically immune and severely increase your risk of basking in Atom's glow. That's also assuming one of the many skilled intelligence agencies out there doesn't notice what you're up to before deployment.
>>
>>50822316
And what happens when you deploy A or C agents on a wide scale? you get fucked 1000%

Deploying a bio-agent is the only way you have a chance of getting away with, because of the plausible deniability.

And if it mutates you are already far ahead of the pack since you have a proven vax to improve off of
>>
>>50822211
You mean an Infowar?
>>
File: Waldreich Mountains.png (205 KB, 504x382)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>50823065
The point is you're going to die one way or another if you use bio-weapons in any serious capacity and you're an arrogant fool if you think otherwise. Either you'll be caught or it's going to blow up in your face. At least the other two don't grow and change on their own.

If I were in a situation where I had to use WMDs we're either already fucked and I'm making sure to take you with me or I'm about to do what the Belkans call a "pro gamer move".
>>
>>50822274
I think it's reasonable to assume Covid originated from the Wuhan lab but it definitely was not deliberate. Covid spread too uncontrollably to be a useful bioweapon. This entire pandemic happened because someone was not following biosafety containment procedures properly, which would be embarrassing for them. A shower hooked up to a tank of bleach would have stopped this.
>>
>>50822085
Are you really this dumb? The thermal and blast wave energy reaches way farther than the gamma radiation, there’s no way you could get this irradiated from a modern nuke without dying from the blast or getting vaporized.
>>
>>50821730
Does anyone have the nerve gas webm
>>
>>50821730
Nerve gas can be usefull in limited application. Cost wise, nukes are just way cheaper when it comes to large targets like cities.
>>
>>50823420
>What are neutron bombs?
>>
>>50821730
nerve is purely a tactical weapon that can have its lethality mitigated significantly with precautions, nukes can be tactical and strategic and you can't protect from them
>>
>>50824784
There are no actively commissioned neutron bombs in nuclear arsenals, at least to our knowledge. The last of them were commissioned in the late 70s or early 80s.
>>
>>50822085
Fucking retard.
>>
>>50821730
me
>>
>>50821730
Black Beans

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.