[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The dank robber is the best chest rig and makes gear queers seethe
>>
Dude like heckarooni based it has the word dank in it? On God that shit bussin'.
>>
>>50543395
>>50543380
both of you are gay
>>
>>50543380
> no H harness
> radio pocket designed for military radios and not the shorter civilian types
> No attachment points for a shoulder mic
Just listing things I'd want.
>>
>>50543461
when you order it you have to choose which straps you want. spiritus makes wide H straps that would allow you to attach the shoulder mic.
>>
>>50543380
The stupidest trend in recent years is how gear companies have started pivoting to marketing gear like fashion. In the old days gear companies used to shut down after the contracts run out, not sell to basement commandos.
>>
File: 56 vs 81.png (514 KB, 1500x775)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
>>50543380
>overpaying for a worse version of a Type 81
Chicom chads win again
>>
File: 271.gif (1.41 MB, 288x198)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB GIF
>>50544379
Yeah good gear should just dry up when the retarded amerimutt military stops buying. Because they're the only ones who win wars.
>>
File: 1630894746343.jpg (98 KB, 480x640)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>50543380
why is it better than the bank robber? i know the bank robber has nice elastic and competent stitching that won't fall apart. does anyone have experience with this? i just dont wanna buy it and have condor tier stitching
>>
File: ewQKekU.jpg (1.14 MB, 1908x4032)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>50543380
My "dank" robber chest rig is cooler
>>
>>50544632
Based Heat poster
>>
>>50544632
Very gay
>>
>>50544582
The fashion gear isn't even "good" most of the time. It doesn't really have to be considering the average tacticool consoomer who buys it for the bigolo gigolo treats gear like skins in vidya.
>>
>>50544673
Works on my machine. Since I actually use the shit I buy I expect to have to fix or replace it within a few years anyway. That includes milsurp pieces too.
>>
>>50544753
Let me guess, you also "train" with the full synthetic dye sublimation print on demand shit because "SO A E S T H E T I C" and "I'll just avoid the fire, bro"?

Gunsoomer instagram was a mistake. They have contributed nothing of value to gear.
>>
>>50544753
Name one thing your fashion gear has over designs actually fielded by the military.

PROTIP: You can't, because most special operations soldiers who actually fight for a living are still using the same designs from 2012 - ~2015. Nobody is going to war (airshit doesn't count) using bronytus systems hypebeast crap.
>>
>>50544995
>bronytus systems hypebeast crap.
I have seen guard units near here with guys fielding JPCs and more updated 6094s or Mayflower setups though. Maybe those don't qualify as hype beast, but I'd take any of the three.
>>
>elastic
How do you re-index mags easily? Its for that reason that I got the KTAR front flap instead. Maybe plastic inserts would work for the bigger pouches, but not for the pistol pouches.
>>
>>50546292
>How do you re-index mags easily?
I have a 10 speed chest rig, but it's similar. You leave mags in for a while and wait until the top bands of elastic stretch out a bit. And you always pull from strong side first.
>>
>>50544545
unironically this lmao, it baffles me why someone would pay near plate carrier prices for something that's unironically just as good that you can get for less than 20 bucks. if you want to spend more than that get some surplus ALICE stuff.
>>
>>50546429
>it baffles me why someone would pay near plate carrier prices for something that's unironically just as good that you can get for less than 20 bucks
For the lulz I suppose. I kinda want to buy a Blackhawk vest for the very early GWOT feel but the prices, the prices...
>>
>>50543380
>three mags
Not even useful.
>>
>>50546469
Stuff two more in your thigh pockets
>>
>>50544632
Based af
>>
>>50546496
If I can't carry 8, and ideally, 12, I don't the the thing.
>>
>>50544995
>Nobody is going to war (airshit doesn't count) using bronytus systems hypebeast crap
Buddy people buy their own shit because the standard issue is kinda shitty and beat to fuck. There are entire platoons if marines running around in Coyote brown spiritus carriers. It’s in regs. FFS even 11bs in the fratty guard are wearing nice stuff. I own a spiritus carrier. It’s nice and no-frill. Take the stick out of your ass.
>>
>>50546429
>near plate carrier prices
Not saying OPs chest rig is where it's at, but what are you guys using for a sub-$150 PC that you wear for can wear for an all day class without being miserable on your shoulders? JPC 1.0 has decent width shoulder straps and starts over $200. Slickster w shoulder pads is in the same ball park.
>>
>>50546523
You accidentally the thing and your knees
>>
>>50546213
Yeah, they're not. LBT and mayflower get actual government contracts. Bronytus and 1488xXboogboiXx42069 on instagram selling redbubble shit doesn't which is why they have to keep making their shitty, derivative designs in all sorts of absurd patterns and colorways.
>>
>>50546529
If it weren't for tacticool fashion culture bronytus wouldn't even exist. Most of those no-name manufacturers that were active in the early years of Iraq shut down around 2009 when the contracts dried up. On the flipside, bronytus opened up right when the war was winding down specifically to sell overpriced products nobody asked for with d00d so A E S T H E T I C marketing as justification on instagram.
>>
The best minimal chest rig is the one my wife knocked out after being supplied with some surplus pouches, webbing, and instructions on where to sew them together.
>>
>>50546571
Well what does it look like
>>
>>50546562
This does not change the face active and restive units in the Army, National Guard, and Marines are buying their equipment. The guy who started Spiritus was in 10th Mountain during Afghanistan and wanted to make kit better than what he was issued. He did, and people like it. Get assblasted over the marketing all you want but it’s a quality product.
>>
>>50546607
Bongsurp pouches held together with webbing and fastex, try to keep up.
>>
>>50546621
Which pouches and capacity you mong
>>
>>50546613
What is one thing bronytus has that others don't? I already know the answer: jack fucking shit. All their products are riffs on others' designs that were innovated back in 2012. Bornytus has brought NOTHING to gear. Every single commercial manufacturer makes "better than issued" gear, except the difference with Eagle, Crye, LBT, Mayflower, and Haly is they get actual contracts. If it weren't for aggressive marketing bronytus wouldn't even exist. The bigolo gigolo marketing is going to be their downfall, mark my words. They're not even trying to hide it, and it's just a matter of time until their corner of the entire instagram tacticool scene gets ripped apart in an expose about how their favorite companies (TF Doomer, Bronytus, others) are actively "destabilizing the US". There's a reason all the other reputable manufacturers stay far, far away from it: because they have a chance in hell of getting actual government contracts.
>>
>>50546613
How much does spiritus pay you? Is it in cash or bronycon tickets?
>>
>>50546676
>getting this assblasted over small company making products and selling them
>because they don’t get government contracts and you don’t like their marketing
Again, take the stick out of your ass.

>>50546680
I’m paid in marijuana and beer.
>>
>>50546672
Four single SA80 across the chest, double pistol under right arm/to the front, radio under left arm/to the back. The one to the left is elastic, the rest are velcro flap. Fuckin' hate elastic.
>>
>>50546676
>their corner of the entire instagram tacticool scene gets ripped apart in an expose about how their favorite companies (TF Doomer, Bronytus, others) are actively "destabilizing the US".
Not him. If Fireforce Ventures can survive Trudeau (sp?) actively putting them on blast nationally, in addition to in-service investigation for alleged white supremacy over a camo pattern, they'll make it through.

Do you see their customer base shying away because the Biden administration said "PCs bad"? I don't. No idea of the lv119 or whatever is actually a good carrier or not, by the way. It's damn sure priced like it when you assemble the thing completely.
>>
>>50546726
Cheers negroid
>>
>>50546725
>not even denying being a paid shill
>no response at all to the fact bronytus is all marketing, no innovation

>>50546743
The only reason they sell their products in DIY kit form ala ikea is because their customer base lives mcpaycheck to mcpaycheck and is impulsive and hype-driven like every other fashion degenerate and because it makes the retard customer FEEL like he has added value to a PC that quite frankly adds nothing over its competitors.
>>
>>50546725
>REEEEEE STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIEK!!!!
You are as insufferable as the forgotten weapons fanbois who think saying "muh gun jeebus liked it" is a valid response to any discussion of an old gun that had the misfortune of appearing in his videos, whether it's relevant to the discussion or not (it isn't).
>>
>>50546743
The only reason they're still kicking is because they've pivoted to this under siege marketing and fleeced their customer base even more. Outside their carefully managed fagbook page and discord channel, most people are struck my how low quality their made in thailand sweatshop products are, a fact they tried to hide for the longest time while passing off others' photos as their own original samples.
>>
>>50546816
>being so autistic you can’t get a joke
>wahhhhh there isn’t any innovation
There’s enough that guys are buying it over their issued gear.

>>50546831
Buy their shit or don’t. I don’t give a fuck. It’s simply not healthy for you to have a piece of wood lodged that far up your ass.
>>
>>50544545

dis what I’m getting for my AK loadout.
mags are heavy as fuck and I don’t think I will be needing more than four including the one in the rifle

I would only be packing a rifle in case I am with a group of armed bastards too. if I am gtfo alone or with family I will only be taking concealable handguns. a rifle will make you a target
>>
>>50546890
Nearly every gucci gear manufacturer's selling point is that it's better than issued gear. Face it, bronytus has nothing going for them and shouldn't even exist if it weren't for their degenerate conSOOMers.
>>
>>50547193
There’re currently expanding so I think they’ll be fine.
>>
>>50547193
> Businesses in the private sector fail without customers or an ability to diffferentiate their products
How asute, anon. Positively grad school material.
>>
>>50547114

what are the most practical things to carry in the small pockets? the only thing I can think of is a radio (but I expect to be alone) and extra flasks of water
>>
>>50547962
Flash light (assuming you're stuck with white light like us other poors), multitool, tourniquet, shit you need camping or on range day.
>>
>>50547962
>>50548028
>multitool tourniquet
good start
>flask of cheep vodka to clean wounds maybe a notepad to scribble on
>>
>>50548028
I always take a small 5x3x2” toolbox to the range to make adjustments, tighten + loctite screws if necessary, but I did not have it listed in my gtfo kit. thanks anon!
>>
>>50547962
Small tube of lube/oil for gat, see if you can mash some gauze rolls or pads in with the TQ. Anecdotally Bri'ish SF like to keep a few mars bars in reach, two of those are 500 shitty but fast to eat calories that are also a nice pick me up.
>>
>>50543380
>and makes gear queers seethe
Gear queers are the only ones who know what that is and buy shit like that. A gear queer probably told you about that in the first place. But really you shouldn't make your gear choices based on pissing people off.
>>
>>50546213
>Maybe those don't qualify as hype beast
Correct. What a dumb fucking post.
>>
>>50546535
Go back in time and get an AWS when they were $150.
>>
>>50546292
>How do you re-index mags easily?
You dont
>>
>>50546429
You're not going to get a plate carrier and pouches for the price of a chest rig. $150-$200 gets you a nice chest rig, or like a shingle and a GP pouch to go on the plate carrier you don't own
>>
>>50547114
>mags are heavy as fuck
lol fucking what?
>>
>>50547114
enjoy getting absolutely fucked by people with rifles sending accurate and effective fire from 100m+ while you cower in fear trying to "suppress" them with your fucking glock 19. Carry a fucking rifle in a duffel bag or backpack if you need to be low profile instead of following might-as-well-be-nogunz boomer logic. Or don't, and watch your precious family get brutalized while you bleed out because you were too retarded to carry an effective combat weapon. Maybe that's what you really wanted all along, isnt it you fucking c u c k?
>>
why is 3 mag cell fashionable now? is it made for soi-bodied zoomers? I don't get it, because all the people I see wearing them are fats who like they're wearing child bibs.
>>
>>50548933
>themnumbers
i think its so you don't have to lug around full kit plate carrier
>>
>>50548705
based retard
>>
>>50548933
6 + 1 mags was (supposedly) based on the idea that you assault and hold a position through one counter-attack before getting resupplied. Some people don't have enough of a squad to do assaulting.
>>
>>50548525
I will substitute snickers for mars bars. this will give me the edge
>>
>>50544995
>are still using the same designs from 2012 - ~2015.
Huh, you're actually right. Never thought about it, but every professional Ive ever crossed paths with who gets gucci gear is still using the same JPCs, AVSs and the occasional Tyr vest they were using the better part of a decade ago. I wonder if the nylon scene is starting to stagnate, sure theres laser cut but that's such an incremental weight reduction as to be irrelevant.
>>
>>50543380
Retarded name aside, I've been looking for a chest rig and this looks perfect for me. Thanks OP
>>
>>50548847
le virgin muttsoldier seething at le chadliban warrior that wakes up, grabs his ak, sticks a mag in his pocket, walks out the man cave and destroys a trillion dollar empire before sunset then grabs an ice cream cone with the homies.
>>
>>50546571
Hoping to get there one day. The gf hand sews me mountain man larp stuff, so not too far to go
>>
>>50548847
lol

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.