[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (289 KB, 626x626)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
Are you fit to fight, /k/?

How are you preparing for the upcoming civil war?

Pic related: I run M W F 3.5 miles. Takes me about 30min. I also do Arms Chest Back Shoulders on T and TH.
>>
File: file.png (422 KB, 474x316)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>
>>50536119
Inb4 /GQ/ starts flexing their 20.000 dollar mobility scooters
>>
File: 1616806308171.jpg (199 KB, 1186x810)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>50536119
I ain't running a fucking meter and you can't make me!
>>
>>50536119
>3.5 miles in 30 minutes
Jesus Christ, how do you even get out of bed on the morning? That's a 5 mile time for anybody that's not a 300 lb chain smoker.
>>
>>50536119
Better yet do you have a reliable bugout home and real estate? Do you have months worth of food in case of a bug in? Do you have REAL survival skills that extends past running a mile on pavement? Do you have proper gear? Multiple pairs of Foot wear, clothing, Concealable Plate carrier with light weigh armor, base layers, hunting gear/skills, fire starting skills, water purification and gathering methods, alternate food sources, night vision capability, thermal, adequate Optics, rucking gear, fuel sources, medical kit, good reliable vehicle with 4wd, can you survive without power for a month?
>>
File: file.png (2.68 MB, 864x1390)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
>>50536535
its an 8 min+ mile, ya dipshit. thats decent. btw what 300lb smoker you know is running 3x per week?

>>50536568
your body is the most important piece of equipment you own. maintain it, anon

Shills in here trying to shame this thread and divert it to a geardo thread. guys. you gotta get in shape if you expect to be able to fight at all. that includes self defense. Running is cheap and very efficient for this task. it also improves your boners, making them harder, for longer, and fights ED if that is a thing in your life. pic related, its all you need to get started.
>>
>>50536119
Not for your glowing CW, but rather for general fitness.
Every day 5 mile ruckmarch with 45 pounds of sandbags witgh my doggo.
Three days per week 45 minutes + warmup/cooloff pushup/crunches/squats/burpees HIT.
>>
File: file.png (768 KB, 640x426)
768 KB
768 KB PNG
>>50536915
"Not for your glowing CW?

?
>>
>>50536119
>Are you fit to fight, /k/?
no.
>How are you preparing for the upcoming civil war?
by filling my Wife with my seed and having numerous sons and daughters to carry my weapons and ideals and skills. also networking with my frens in the area. the upcoming cibil wor won't really happen for another 10 or 15 years so by the time i can do cool guy shit i'll be a legitimate boomer by then. best thing to do is network and have as many sons as possible to watch them fuck shit up.
>>
>>50536535

Post your half marathon time faggot.
>>
>>50537672
Not him, but I've run 5k in about 21 minutes. 30 minutes for 3.5 miles is pretty slow if you aren't a fat woman.
>>
>>50536119
I'm not fat but I've been pretty lazy for the last year or two. My roommate got a mountain bike recently so I dusted off my dad's old one and have been riding with him. Way more fun and much easier on your knees than running.
>>
>>50537672
1:10:34 when I'm not even going for placement
>>
Im slow i guess. i can only do 4 miles a hour. try to do it 7 days a week, twice on my days off. did 8.6 today. i don't run but jog.
>>
File: 1629072070575.png (341 KB, 1200x675)
341 KB
341 KB PNG
>>50537796
>1:10:34 when I'm not even going for placement

At least make it believable.
>>
File: file.png (713 KB, 703x410)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
>>50537646
Civil war is imminent, Anon. stop lying to yourself.

>>50537717
speed is not relative to gender, anon. But, I see that you're penis is so small you have to shame people who are working out and encouraging others to work out. what are you, 3.5 inches? or maybe its just that you cant get it up anymore? sorry to hear about your ED. it happens to everyone, sometimes.

>>50537759
nice, anon! keep it up!

>>50537796
I've heard of keyboard warriors, but keyboard marathoners? this is ridiculous.

>>50537814
Dont listen to these assholes. Thats amazing, anon! Be sure to plan rest days. you need to let your muscles heal. Don't worry about being slow. you're faster than everyone on the couch!!
>>
>>50537917
That's a 7:40 mile pace which is geriatric old woman-tier.
>>
>>50537918
yeah when i work closing shifts i rest. honestly if it wasnt for my legs getting sore i could go alot longer. i didnt really get out of breath this session.
>>
>>50537814
Don't worry about it, most people can't even run 30 minutes without pausing. So even the slightest bit of running puts you ahead of large parts of US population.
You also start reaping the big health benefits starting at ~75 minutes of jogging per week.
Keep at it, when I began I was at barely 3mph, so slower than most people walk. Now I manage the 1.5 miles in ~11:15 mins which is ~8mph.
We're all gonna make it.

>50536535
>50537717
Certainly nobody should listen to these retards
>>
>>50537918
>imminent
like how it has been imminent for the last 40 years? ain't gonna happen maybe 10 maybe 15. most of us here will all be too old to fug shid up by then desu.
>>
File: file.png (333 KB, 474x248)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
Anon strides up to the staring line at the boston marathon. He sees ELIUD KIPCHOGE tightening his laces. what a loser. that guy only runs the fastest marathon in the world at 1:59:00. what a loser. The starting pistol goes off and anon doesn't even flinch. He yawns and rools his eyes. he knows he can run this thing in half the time of the world record holder. His heard beats just two times and Anon swings his spider like 4.5 foot long legs with intimidating speed. They actually blur as he begins to jog. Anon giggles to himself, remembering that time he inspired the comic book character the flash. "I cant wait to get online and talk shit to people who talking about exercising" he says out loud to no one in particular. When you're online you can run at any speed you want.
>>50537930
The average running pace for men is 9:03.
https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/average-running-speed

>>50537938
nice. no cardio wall. thats a very good sign of health :)

>>50537960
Me too. When I started up a few months ago I struggled to complete a full mile without stopping. not fat, just completely out of shape. I think its only been 4 months and I do 3.5 miles without stopping pretty well, and my area has hills.
>>
>>50538008
whats a cardio wall?
>>
>>50538008
Average includes the hopelessly obese masses. If you can't keep up a 7 minute mile pace for at least 10 miles, you should probably eat less twinkies and down less than a gallon of soda every day.
>>
>>50537918
>But, I see that you're penis is so small you have to shame people who are working out and encouraging others to work out. what are you, 3.5 inches?

I have an 8 inch cock anon. I'm just telling anon not to come here to flex his slow ass running time.
>>
>>50536119
No but I'll tell ya' what, I'll fill you with buck from my double if you come up on my property and refuse a cup of my sweet tea
>>
>>50537980
If you keep decent fitness levels you can still perform some impressive physical feats at ages up to +/- 55. And up to that age men who train will still outperform fatties at any age group, and the US has no shortage of those, so you can outperform a large chunk of the US for a very long time.
>>
>>50537980
yo. you dumb as hell dawg.

if you think a civil war isn't around the fucking corner please fucking tell me when you would think it is.

>>50538032
its when your heart is tired before your legs are. its like, when you're trying to keep running and your legs aren't tired but youre out of breath and you just gotta slow down anyway.

>>50538083
of course you do.

>>50538167
who in their right mind would refuse a glass of sweet tea?

>>50538187
I've been thinking about these numbers. We know the news lies to us about everything else... why wouldn't they lie about this? when I look around my area, i very rarely see a fatty. but when I do they're incredibly fat, 400lbs? could it be that few of them are skewing data, and the (media) is just exaggerating the rest as part of a demoralizing campaign?
>>
>>50538210
>its when your heart is tired before your legs are. its like, when you're trying to keep running and your legs aren't tired but youre out of breath and you just gotta slow down anyway.
thanks.
>>
Not at all. I’m not fat but I’m lazy as fuck, I’m on my feet all day at work and I spend way to much time working. By the time I get my one off day I have zero motivation to do anything because my brain is fried.
>>
>>50538210
maximum 20 years. minimum 10 or 12 years til the fucking corner pops around.
>>
File: 1.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>50538270
glow in the dark.
>>
>>50538287
im a glownigger for saying shit won't happen for another decade? i thought you faggots called others glownigs for saying something WILL happen or trying to egg faggots on to do dumb shit.
>>
>>50538210
>I've been thinking about these numbers. We know the news lies to us about everything else... why wouldn't they lie about this? when I look around my area, i very rarely see a fatty. but when I do they're incredibly fat, 400lbs? could it be that few of them are skewing data, and the (media) is just exaggerating the rest as part of a demoralizing campaign?
I have though about this as well. I come into contact with the public every day cause i work at the only general store in town. depending on the day that might be 200 people. We get overweight people, but not something moderate exercise and eating reforms couldn't fix in 2-3 months. skin just barely spillng over the waist of their pants. you know the type.
I only see the huge people like 3 times a day and its always the same guys. 400+ pounds.
I dont see ANY fat kids anymore.
>99% white area though. statistically whites are the most fit in the US.
>>
>>50538336
>99% white area though. statistically whites are the most fit in the US.

is this true? I didn't know that. I'd have assumed Asians. what ever tho good for them.

Yeah, I'm just realizing how many lies ive been told by the news now. like, i have to think about everything differently now.
>>
>>50538210
> the news
Sure the news will try to make these things more sensationalist, but the numbers themselves don't come from them.
You can compare them between quite a number of different scientific institutions, universities etc.
The most skewing I can imagine happening here is in the ~5% range, or maybe switching some numbers between obese and extremely obese etc.
Another factor is that there is more incentive to underplay the issue than to overplay it because that would be very much in the interest of fast food, soda and sugar companies, band those together and you get a pretty massive force that really doesn't want you to focus on the problem.
> when I look around my area, i very rarely see a fatty
Yeah but the US is pretty huge, easy to live in a bubble
>>
>>50538364
its the blacks and the latinos that balloon up the stats. the blacks are FAT.
>>
File: ObesitySexRace2016.png (11 KB, 1201x741)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>50538364
> I'd have assumed Asians
Your assumption was correct
>>
>>50538367
I know universities lie constantly too. Also, I took a statistics course in college and the entire first lecture was on how I shouldn't believe a single statistic I see from that day forward.

there is a famous quote about this. "the three kinds of lies are 1) lies, 2) damned lies, and 3) statistics.

as far as scientists... we may as well call them whores nowadays. .they always seem to find a result that right inline with who ever is funding them, dont they? isnt that odd? fucking crazy man.

I'll believe Americans are as fat as they say when I start seeing fat people all over. And I'll believe Covid is as deadly as they say when the streets are full of dead homeless and when the hospitals *stop firing their workers who wont get vaccinated. I'm so sick of being lied to.
>>
>>50538336
>>50538378
>>50538406
Whites are only ~9% ahead
>>
>>50538425
with covid we all gained a few pounds too. i forgot about that. that is why i started running again. i grew a bit of a belly. gained about 15lbs. so im encouraging people to run, exercise, and be active. I figured /k/ would be full of people who like to exercise and get out and do fun army shit in the woods like i do.
>>
>>50538408
Fair enough, nothing wrong with questioning things.
However one of the worst things you can choose to go by is "what I see around", because if there is one thing humans simply can't do intuitively, it's numbers and stats. At least formalize your methods somewhat and implement some basic scientific methodology and reasoning.
And let's be honest, most people with your attitude choose to believe everything and anything some random retards on the internet or facebook say instead and that is the point at which a person becomes useless because the logic simply doesn't hold up (everybody lies to me except of course for my favourite internet celebrity which also happens to have the biggest incentive to lie to me in order to sell me shit).
Some people go further of course to the "science is all lies, nothing is real except of course what I cherrypick and basically electronics and planes work only because of magic but secrectly they contain super advanced alien technology everyone in the world keeps hidden from us" territory.
>>
File: 1602789188467.jpg (34 KB, 516x640)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>50538689
Well, I'd rather trust some rando dude on the internet, than a news source I know is lying to me. It builds my critical thinking skills. I know to doubt a rando going into the matter. but legacy news outlets use appeal to authority arguments constantly and in my opinion, will never recover from their breaking of trust. I know they lie to me. I'll never consider them as a source of truth again. rando dude #2354325523 might be telling the truth, or at the very worst hes wrong but thinks he's correct. which is a thing the legacy news can do as well. think they're correct but be wrong.
>>
>>50536119
100 sit-ups a day
100 push ups a day
100 jumping jacks a day
5 mile run every day
10 miles by bike every day

Now if only I had a decent spot to train/build a kill house.
Fuck being poor.
>>
>>50539088
I'm so very, very confident you're not actually doing this. Come on, anon. be real dude. will it hurt?

pic related. its how anon feels when he posts his imaginary work out routine.
>>
I just work out by doing compounds followed by boxing and running a mile plus whatever exercise comes to my head and crunches
I also do push ups on chest days
>>
>>50537672
2:05:02
>passed by old ladies
>still ran 13.1 miles
>you didn't
>>
>>50537930
Pretty sure that was a passing Marine Corps PFT pace even 20 years ago before everything was cucked.
>>
>>50538210
>when I look around my area, i very rarely see a fatty
What area is that? Because Arizona is 90% fat slobs.

t. feel bad about my fitness until I look at anyone 10 years younger
>>
>>50536119
I'm heavy but I can deadlift 450. 6'2" 250. I'm trying to find a way to get better cardio that doesn't involve my foot. I broke it in two places in a judo class 10 years ago, mentioned it to my doc a few months ago and turns out I have essentially a dead bone and my foot hurts all the time, I was just ignoring it.

So I'm getting surgery and hopefully I can run on it and use a skipping rope once I'm healed.

I was doing 6 mile hikes with plates and three 40 round mags before, but it fucked with my foot. That's when I mentioned it to my doc.

Any advice for single leg cardio, bros?
>>
>>50538406
Damn, black women. What's going on there?
>>
>>50537917
you are obese
>>
>>50536119
No, frankly.
>>
>>50540582
Swimming maybe? Should be lower impact
>>
>>50540582
Look into a rowing machine. Foot is still involved but obviously there is way less impact than running and rope jumping.
Rowing is one the best full body cardio workouts and very time efficient.
If that is still too much impact, swimming might be best.
>>
>>50538978
Wasn't trying to accuse you or anything. Just don't go to the other extreme. There are way more sources out there than just plain news. Don't subscribe to any particular faction or flavour. Stay safe, anon.
>>
>>50539813
Yeah that anon you replied to doesn't know what he's talking about and he probably doesn't run. Navy seals PST competitive (not minimum) score is 1.5 miles in 10:20 minutes.
>>
>>50537717
Holding a 7 min pace for 3 miles is good for normal folks whose job doesn't involve running. You still putting in those times? I let my running alide to focus on weights, and now I'm stuck fighting to get my 1.5 mile back under an 8 minute pace all the way through with more weight on me than I need.

Never let stamina go if you can help it. It's twice as hard to get back.
>>
File: 1629763158994.png (790 KB, 1024x681)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
>>50536119
Fat fuck retard.
>>
That feel when troubled joints that prevent me from active moving and running. Is it over for me or are there some exercises for cripples like me?
>>
>>50542592

swimming honestly. Its good for people with bad joints
>>
File: file.png (1.32 MB, 1200x961)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>50542062
Today I learned that running 3x per week and working out on off days makes me a fat fuck.

>>50541799
The average running pace for men is 9:03. Considering that these people are self selected into an even smaller pool of runners and are not just average people who have been asked to run and calculate their time. I think it makes sense to consider a 9min mile pretty good. I'm doing an 8+ min mile. Thats well above average.
This thread is so fucking full of people who don't run trying to larp as athletes who do its stupid. go out side anon. Go run and jog or even walk around without a backpack. No matter what you do, what ever you do, don't listen to the morons in this thread.
>>
>>50543172
>I think it makes sense to consider a 9min mile pretty good
2 miles in 18 mins is the fail line for heavy MOSs in the ACFT. I assume that covers 18Bs. Just a data point for comparison.
>>
>>50543228
Whoops, 18b -> 11b, different ball game there.
>>
>>50541214
I'll do that, thanks.
>>
File: file.png (273 KB, 474x585)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>50543228
>>50543246
Woosh...

* we're not talking about what a run time for your MOS is. We're talking about people trying to get in shape here.

* What Armed force are you in where your physical fitness test changes based on MOS? but not AGE? the fucking larping in this sub is absurd.

* a run pace faster than the average runner is an objective data point in itself.
>>
>>50543284
>We're talking about people trying to get in shape here.
Read the thead topic again and see if you can guess why I'd use the Army's new standards as a baseline for fitness. I'm not trying to piss on your times or whatever.

As for the ACFT, I'm just using it as a standard. They have different standards based on MOS now apparently, hence my use of the "heavy jobs" category. They don't even do age adjuated anymore.
>>
>>50543355
OP says
"Are you fit to fight, /k/?

How are you preparing for the upcoming civil war?

Pic related: I run M W F 3.5 miles. Takes me about 30min. I also do Arms Chest Back Shoulders on T and TH."

The pic is of a bearded guy pretending to run. He is wearing camo from the 90s. Is that why you thought to LARP? You're so full of shit. did you comment cause you just like, had to say something?

https://usarmybasic.com/army-physical-fitness/male-2-mile-run-standards
>>
>>50543500
> APFT
That's that old shit. I'm talking about that new shit. https://www.military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness/army-combat-fitness-test-acft-score-chart
>>
File: MrClean.jpg (61 KB, 550x550)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
What are good ways of starting a fitness routine?
I've tried to get one going but always seem to end up just kinda giving up on it
>>
>>50536119
My neighborhood has a two hills, elevation gain of ~100 ft in ~1/4mi.
1mi walk with 32lbs pack three times a week
2 mi walk/jog without pack twice a week
5mi minimum hike on the weekend with a light day pack
I’m more so keeping in shape for SAR and my degree (I got off trail a lot) than any sort of LE BOOOOOOG habbening. I need to work on core and arms though.
>>
>>50544076
>>50544076
Just make sure you pick a routine short enough that you have no excuse not to do it each day or scheduled day in your plan. Habit is the most important part of your routine. When I started out I messed this all up and did too much too fast and hurt my self. I had to wait a full two months or so to recover and start over. My recent start over went like this...
Run (or walk if too sore) a 2 mile neighborhood route I made on google maps every Monday Wednesday and Friday. No exceptions.
Tuesday and Thursday were 2 sets of 20 pushups, superman back exercise things (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=superman+back+excercise&t=brave&iax=images&ia=images), sit ups, one arm dumbbell row, and Standing Dumbbell Fly, all with small weights.

I did this for a month to set the baseline. I tracked this with a dry erase maker on my sliding glass door and stuck to the plan like it was word of God. Each day took about 30 - 40 min to do. Every month I evaluate if I need to add weight, which I needed to do right away, or reps. But, I know to add weight slowly. Its been about 5 months of this and I'm down 9 lbs or so, up to running 3.5 miles without stopping in a hilly area, and honestly I feel physically much stronger and sleep like a brick. At the end of this month, I think I'll push to 4 miles, and add an extra 10 reps in all exercise.

You might find a plan online, or even pay a physical trainer for their advice. They have like, NO customers now so they'll probably make a plan for you half price but it will be custom to you and from someone with a degree in this field.

good luck anon! Stick to the plan! Incorporate rest days! make it a habit!! woooo!
>>
>>50542592
Swimming or biking
>>
>>50540591
>What's going on there?
Shit diet and jobs that involve them sitting around with very little physical activity.
>>
>>50544975
Thanks anon.
I just need to put one foot in front of the other, make that one lift.
>>
Fitness bump
>>
7 miles with 9 min splits. Very happy with that. Took about 8 months of serious running. Just start bros. The hardest part is the first step.
>>
>>50547325
good for you! keep it up!!
>>
What does one do about massive sinuses? Ive handled every other health issue that would require me to "tough it out lmao". But it feels like im trying to breath through two very flimsy straws and it makes cardio a living hell.
>>
>>50548894
open your mouth?
>>
>>50548938
Mouth breathing is reserved for when im posting on 4chins.

Do you breath through your mouth when exercising? Not trying to be snarky or nothin, ive just always had better experiences and results when i breathed in through my nose and out my mouth. (When my sinuses arnt tighter than a squirels buddhole.
>>
>>50549379
I have no idea how I'm breathing. I'm just breathing and listening to music. Don't over think it.
>>
Its enough to pass Polish army fitness tests without trouble so its pretty okay
>>
>>50536119
Lockdown fucked me up big time, ballooned to 240lb. Downloaded Noom a week or so back and am already down to 230. Once I'm down to 190 I'll dive back into the weights and cardio.
>>
I walk 12 miles a day 5 days a week at work, every other week I do 20 miles in the mountains with a 40lb pack.
I need to start lifting.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.