[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: oohRah.jpg (48 KB, 477x640)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Previously on /meg/: >>50002177

Lying about criminal history = Very bad idea dumb dumb
Lying about medical history = Chad move
Joining the Marines = Don't

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.
https://discord.gg/RmrWxhf

>Resources:

>Special Forces Fitness Guide
http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/sfart.htm#:~:text=PT%3A%20Every%20other%20day.,of%2040%20to%2050%20reps).

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of SOF units. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
>https://mega.nz/folder/ZQhQDLQA#SrCZyqNQiomnG4DsTzcNMg
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS, as well study guides for ASTB-E

>https://bogidope.com/civilian-to-guard-or-reserve/the-ultimate-military-pilot-career-path-part-1/
Airforce Pilot guide

>Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No. http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

>Info on sf86
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

>Free ASVAB Study Books
https://archive.org/details/asvab0000unse_z2t4
https://archive.org/details/asvab00lear
https://archive.org/details/asvabpowerpracti0000unse
https://archive.org/details/normanhallsasvab0000hall

>2020 Ft Jackson Army Basic Training Guide to Stealing Food
https://pastebin.com/yg972vRE (Short version)
https://pastebin.com/53tsDj90 (Detailed version)

>How to get into shape for basic military training when starting from nothing
https://pastebin.com/yGzadpNZ
>>
>hear that RPA Sensor Operators and Pilots are supposedly in high demand, poor retention etc
>think i want to try Sensor Operator
>friend already in air force went in with Sensor Operator and geospatial as his main MOS
>ends up in radar airfield and weather systems
>Retard: "They said this was the MOS i needed to take"

So are Sensor Operators not in demand anymore or is he a retard who got pressured into joining a undermanned job
>>
selling out to globohomo general
>>
File: bitch.jpg (46 KB, 500x281)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>50015990
>So are Sensor Operators not in demand anymore or is he a retard who got pressured into joining a undermanned job
I don't know, but enlisted drone operators are the definition of bitchwork. You're doing the same work, if not more, than the officer sitting next to you for half the pay and none of the benefits.

Just commission and be an RPA. Those things practically fly themselves anyways.
>>
What modern military job is the closest to a MACVSOG Recon Team?
>>
>>50016171
Probably green berets.
>>
>>50016171
>>50016189
isnt macvsog green berets?
My grandma's brother was in macvsog and was a green beret so maybe im confused from his obituary.

Nobody in the family new he was green beret until he died lol
>>
I wish joined the navy
>>
>>50016278
I wish I joined the Air Force. Had I, I probably would still be in the military
>>
>>50016228
MACVSOG is more like the modern JSOC, controlled military intelligence and recconasaince activities in Vietnam and drew personnel from every branch.
>>
>>50016228
MACVSOG was a special joint services military unit directly reporting to the CJCS and sometimes was at the behest of the US Commander of all forces Vietnam. They were broken into two types of units with all kinds of support: Recon Companies and Hatchet Force Companies. The hatchet forces were platoon sized raiding elements, and the Recon Companies were composed of teams of several men. The Recon Teams would have an American Team Leader the '1-0' (One-zero), the Assistant Team Leader the '1-1' (One-one), and the Radio Operator '1-2' (One-two, both Americans). Then there would be several indigenous personal listed off in ascending order: '0-1', '0-2', etc. They would occupy positions like point man or grenadier. Most of the indigenous personnel were made of Montongard tribesmen. This was a broad term describing such ethnic groups as the Bru or the Nungs. Many of the indig had battle experience dating back to Dien Bien Phu or even the Second World War.

Anyways, SOG Recon Missions were fucking insane. So were the Hatchet Force missions (few hatchet force missions were successful, but oh boy did they slap Uncle Ho's ass.)
>>
What's the maximum weight that I can ship to OSUT at?
I'm 5'11" and hover around 200lb which seems fine. But I'm trying to enjoy some food before having to eat a ton of MREs for 6 months and afraid I'll gain a few pounds. If I'm 205 or under I should be fine right?
I do run 3-5 miles a day too so I shouldn't gain a ton.
>>
>>50016314
lemme guess you're a fat bearded civilian contractor who wears a veteran hat he bought at the px? disgusting
>>
I'm getting out of the Army at the end of next year. I'm planning on going to school for geology, atmospheric science, or physics (haven't quite decided yet).
Any tips I should know about exiting the military besides what they'll tell me at SFL?
Would making E5 or getting a Ranger tab do anything at all for me post-service or is my commander pulling my leg?
>>
>>50016444
>eat a ton of MREs for 6 months
You won't. You'll eat in the DFAC and only deal with MREs if you're on an ftx or being punished. Also, no OSUT is six months, so stop being a fat baby.
>>
>>50015923
Holy fuck what happened to my beloved corps
>>
>>50016541
Look into Warrior-Scholar project. Helps you get prepped for school.
If at all possible look at community college first to get your AA(pay out of your own pocket) then transfer into a uni to save some GI bill for grad school.
>>
>>50016546
>only deal with MREs if you're on an ftx or being punished

It's truly the worst punishment too.
>>
>>50016586
Fren, if you weren't one of the anon's answering in the previous thread, maybe you could have a look at this >>50015458

Wanna go Infantry, maybe ECP in a couple years. Already have a degree, but am fat-fuck former powershitter nearing age-limit, and want to join before I'm too old, so I'd have trouble hitting the PFT reqs in time to commission.

Thanks!
>>
File: marine.png (408 KB, 1297x899)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
Don't believe the lie, lads.
>>
>>50016586
This picture is at least as old as 2008
>>
>>50016637
>but am fat-fuck former powershitter nearing age-limit, and want to join before I'm too old
you do realize that almost all of your peers will be 17-18 years old, and you'll get treated like dogshit just like them, and you'll also be punished for their stupid fuck ups, right?
>>
>>50016641
Why are they just blatantly lying on their website
>>
I was tasked with getting a weather balloon within two weeks without buying it. How do I make it happen? There are no weather squadrons on my base.
>>
>>50016626
That reeks of Fort Jackson's sort of punishment.
>>
>>50016693
Exactly where I went too lol
>>
>>50016660
I got an ad from a local recruiter looking for Judge Advocates to join. I'm 27, have two petty misdemeanor convictions, and I can't sleep wrong or else my wrist doesn't work. I also already have a job. How bad an idea would it be for me to join the Marines?
>>
Thought I submitted this previously, guess not.

I’m trying to go the OTS route with the Navy because they told me I would be competitive for their Surface Warfare Officer program (will try a board for intel, but have doubts). I’m on track for it, taking the OAR early August,

I’m curious as to whether or not I can do simultaneous packets for other branches. The Army and ARNG stonewalled me by telling me they would process packets, but pushed enlistment first. Still, I figure it might be worth it to try with them if I can.

I’m not STEM enough for the AF or buff enough for the Muhreens. Coastie enlistment is my fallback if I get I punted, and I’d doubt I’d make their board given how small they are.
>>
>>50016546
Infantry OSUT is 22 weeks I know it's technically 5 months but add in the in processing time and I'll be gone about 6 months.

I was mislead about the MRE situation though. I know doing infantry I might have more FTXs but I was led to believe I'd be having MREs every day and only really get DFAC for breakfast.
>>
>>50016757
At my company in infantry school I ate MREs every day for lunch for 6 months.
>>
>>50016444
Bro, trust me. You will lose weigjt in infantry school. I went in at 196 and left at 154. 6'0 btw.
>>
>>50016831
I'm just saying what weight is the cutoff where they won't ship me?
I don't plan on gaining a bunch but in case I get a little over 200 before shipping out will that block me from shipping?
I do run a bunch so I shouldn't be really heavy but just wondering what the cutoff weight is.
I tried googling it but didn't get the info I was looking for.
>>
>>50016850
Oh yeah you can definitely be stopped from shipping based on your weight. I don't know what the exact cutoff is, you should ask your recruiter, but you definitely want to try and cut a couple pounds because I DO know 200lbs is over the weight limit for 6'0. If your recruiter isn't shit he'll give you some ceran wrap and diarrhetics to wrap yourself overnight at the hotel before your final weigh in to ship to reception.
>>
>>50015923
what the fuck, is the army really this much of a joke?
>>
>>50016900
Lel, not the army but yes
>>
>>50016891
The weight cutoffs are crazy to me because I remember this one fatbody in my platoon who 6'3 and like 250lbs. He couldn't run, do a leg tuck, any situps, or do anything physical. I guess he made tape, but I don't know how.
>>
>>50016923
Yeah same here, I think it's like up to the physician that sees you at your meps or some shit and whether they decide to ship you or not. I passed at 193 without even needing to be taped but I heard later at meps that dude's who LOOKED smaller than me even got held back for being fat bodies.
>>
>>50016891
I'm just gonna stick to my diet and keep running just to be safe.
>>
>>50016999
You definitely want to do that. The more weight you lose before basic the better, the stronger you get before you go, the better. Infantry school is pretty easy and so is basic but why make it harder on yourself
>>
Op don’t post these images, there is a war going on in the informational theater, and the enemies of Our Democracy frequently use them out of context.
>>
File: 1430946010185.jpg (6 KB, 249x201)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Im thinking about enlisting with a degree. I know everyone says not to but the OCS boards are a cluster fuck and I hate my job and life right now and I cant seem to get out of this rut. With the economy, housing and job market going tits up it scares me and Ive always wanted to serve but I put it off to go to college and make my parents happy.
But now I hate them too so idgaf. What say you, /k/?
>>
You guys need to help me. Years of jerking off with bad posture has had negative effects on the center of my spine and the vertebrae in my tailbone. I'm no doctor, but if I had to guess I'd say acute spinal compression. How can I get avoid injury when exercising and what can I do in the service to keep myself in tact? Obviously I'll have to stop masturbating and that's it's own challenge but right now I need your help.
>>
>>50017130
Try for OCS, don't commission with a degree
>>
>>50017130

I’d say at least try for OCS first. If the economy goes belly up or OCS nopes ya out, then you YOLO it and enlist.

That’s what I’m doing. If there is an abject economic collapse though, I just might go CG enlisted and get out of the sinking ship ASAP.
>>
>>50017183
*enlist
>>
Don't go to Ft. Jackson, tell the nerds at MEPS to send you to Ft. Leonard Wood or Ft. Benning otherwise you'll be around fat losers and females for 10 weeks
>>
>>50017479
What battalion my guy? Are DS Rico and Meriwether still at 120th. Goddamn they were sexy.
>>
>>50017183
I recently ran into a 35N and, after telling me how awesome his job was and how much he loved it, he STILL told me to commission and risk getting stuck as Motor T rather than enlist in a great MOS.
>>
>>50017533
Well fucking duh man. You'd literally be making half as much money and treated like dogshit. You worst days on the job as an officer will be stressful, but your worst days as enlisted will be downright abusive.
>>
>>50017479
That's dependent on MOS selection.
>>
>>50017573
Are you sure? I have friends in my MOS who went to all 3, of course certain MOS' don't get a choice (11 series always go to benning, 12 series always go to FLW etc)
>>
>>50017634
I'm just saying that depending on MOS you may not have the pick of where you go.
>>
>>50017762
That's why it's best to just go 11 series and go to benning.
>>
>>50015923
>Joining the Marines = Don't
Glad they finally added this in so we don’t have to repeat it every thread
>>
>>50017854
This applies to all militaries, not just US
Bong thinking of applying but too many of the stories from the RMC glow too much for me.
>>
>>50017854
>>50017919
Someone has to join the marines. It's still a job that needs to be done.
>>
>>50017919
It’s a bad idea for sure across the board but there’s a certain magnitude to something bad and good. Sometimes bad decisions lead to good outcomes and the like.
>>
Which branch is in need of enlisted troops the most?
>>
>>50016592
>If at all possible look at community college first to get your AA(pay out of your own pocket)

I went the community college route for my AA. My experience was that the school required veterans to go through the VA office as part of registration. So YMMV with being able to "save" your Chapter 33 benefits for grad school.
>>
>>50018043
Navy. Theres a lot of ships that need to be crewed
>>
>>50016668
>Why are they just blatantly lying on their website

I don't know why they would lie about faggot ass admin, but in some cases the people making these pages, like recruiters themselves, don't know jack shit about an MOS/CMF e.g. intel.
>>
I wanna be a crayon muncher.
Yes I'm retarded.
Fuck you.
>>
>>50018072
Excuse my ignorance, but could you not just tell them to fuck off?
>>
>>50017854
For fucking real. Nobody else comes in here specifically asking if they should join any other branch in the way people ask, "Should I join the Marines even though we pulled out of all of our wars and I will likely do nothing but janitor work and gay homosexual buttsex and leave with zero qualifications and few job prospects?"
>>
>think about joining the military
>civilians all tell me everyone enlisted is a Retard too dumb for anything else
>ignore them
>get to meps doctors are barely senile obese glaucoma diabetes survivors
>applicants are all barely cognitive tards talking about their 40 asvab score and going to McDonald’s after
>other ex enlisted at meps warn me that yes everyone is retarded and especially leadership
>get in
>everyone was right most people are complete retards
>it’s just as described enlisted are basically all ex McDonald’s’s workers who made a 40 on their asvab
>officers are mostly dumbasses who pulled through rotc because they majored in basket weaving for the easy gpa

Don’t be me.
>>
>>50018342
Get into a battalion if you want to hang with the cool guys.
>>
>>50016020
SPBP
>>
>>50018363
To every person thinking you thought everyone at high school and your university was a retard, it gets so so much worse if you try to join the military.
>>
>>50017778
19s go to Benning, too.
>>
>>50018072
That seems absolutley retarded. Can you link where they made you use your benefits? Did you get jew'd by your vets center or did you not ask questions?
>>
>>50013511
So it's better to wait until I'm an NCO to drop a packet?
>>
>>50016726
See
>>50010401
>>
File: aaahhhhh.jpg (26 KB, 351x351)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>50015923
OP pic reminded me of a girl in my family who AFTER JOINING the air force became the second fattest lesbo I know and hooked up and eventually got married to the #1 fattest lesbo I know who apparently was also air force. In their wedding photos you can see both of their guts hanging over their dresses. Holy fuck, why are military women so shit?
>>
>>50018072
>>50018167
>>50018167
>but could you not just tell them to fuck off?

>Can you link where they made you use your benefits?

YMMV by state and even school. The community college in my part of my state (which made the transition to a "state college" by offering four year degrees while I was enrolled) required veteran students to go through the VA rep. If it was an option to decline none of them would have said anything anyway because the vast majority of people don't go beyond a four year degree anyway.

I did, but I also went to a public policy graduate program that is heavily subsidized, providing some scholarships to 100% of students and graduate assistant positions with stipends and tuition waivers.
>>
File: armyBitterness.jpg (100 KB, 768x768)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>50017991
>Someone has to join the marines. It's still a job that needs to be done.
Yeah, and somebody has to pick up the dogshit on the lawn around my apartment complex.
Better for it to be someone else and not me.

The Few. The Proud.
>>
if I'm space force man and I get a religious item waiver to wear small earrings will everyone just hate me forever for being a rulebending piece of shit
alternatively could a religious transhumanist get a bone-conducting headphone waiver while in OCPs
hmm
>>
>>50017991
What jobs? Their mission is to be a seaborne ground element. The majority of the marine corps is not even trained in amphibious landings anymore
>>
File: brain.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>50018342
I mentioned this in an earlier thread, but most people are retards. However, through income, social status, etc, society unintentionally segments people by intelligence.

The military throws this all out the window and worlds collide. You get to see the full spectrum of intelligence, from actual rocket scientists working directly with Lockheed Martin contractors to ASVAB waivers scanning ID cards.

The most frustrating part is that it's a bureaucracy with almost no upward momentum beyond what personnel needs for manning reasons. If you accidentally come in on the wrong side, you'll be under the thumb of men with undiagnosed mental disabilities with no hoping of ever outranking them unless commissioning needs allows it.
>>
>>50018828
Yeah, isn't the modern marines basically just a more expendable army?
>>
>>50018886
They are the first conventional fighting force that goes in during war
>>
>>50018935
That’s also not true. Their purpose was to be the first unit in via seaborne landing. To open up a new front. That’s not the case anymore. They were neither the first conventional force into Afghanistan or Iraq
>>
>>50018877
Cope

99% of military are tards and you’re one of them
>>
>>50018952
Some marine fuck your gf or something ? Quit being jealous dude
>>
>>50019007
Jealous of what? Like there always someone who says this type of thing but they can’t ever answer that.
>>
>>50019007
Can you not handle facts? Those are facts, not opinions
>>
Is it normal to not..like your recruiter..anybody at meps including your liaison…and half the people you spoke to at meps?
>>
>>50018877
>However, through income, social status, etc, society unintentionally segments people by intelligence.

Anon, I have some bad news about how society "segments" people.
>>
>>50019036
its normal to not like anyone on the planet
>>
>>50019036
It will only get worse if you actually join dude. The military is filled with losers. The type to get hooked on booze and cigarettes. Very promiscuous people with low impulse control. That why you see a lot of divorce as well. Low quality people all around
>>
>>50019036
Yep. Just go to college dude
>>
>>50019073
Well I’m a depressed drink alone alcoholic so it’s good to see I at least have that in common with them.
>>
>>50019068
Yes, imo
>>
>>50019036
Yeah, and it’ll only get worse. There’s a few solid people you’ll meet surrounded by a sea of low value trash.
>>
>The muhreeeeens
>>
I've always thought it would be "cool" to be part of the military but I fundamentally disagree with most of what they do. How can I fulfill my desire to be a badass soldier who does intelligence work like James Bond or something?
>>
>>50019163
Won’t happen
>>
>>50019163
https://www.cia.gov/careers/jobs/paramilitary-operations-officer/
>>
>>50019111
How can I be that solid person people meet?
>>
>>50019163
building a time machine would be easier
>>
can air force wear their dog tags (concealed) if they aren't deployed
I just like them as a self image kinda thihg
>>
>>50019184
You can't. Just do your fucking job and don't worry about if people like you.
>>
>>50019256
I sense a level of bitterness here.

We can’t all be quality sapiens, brother. Some are just born to be low class trash through and through. There’s nothing you can do about it, just own up to it if that’s who you are. So hit your vape brother fuck that tinder slut and crack that Budweiser open.
>>
>>50019011
>Jealous of what?
How much more fit they are then you, how much more tougher they are, how much more combat skills they get, the fact that they're shock troopers, first in and last out, hardened in the shit. They're just cooler than you. It's not wonder your gf fucked him
>>
>>50019276
Oh man, you have definitely never served a day in your life, and/or are no older than 16.

Marines are janitors. They’re held back by an inferiority complex same way a lot of seals are. The actual tough guys, the rangers, the berets, pjs, they don’t go around screaming how cool they are and how epic they are, cause they already know it. Both seals and marines have this strange insecurity to where they feel the need to say things like >>50019007 over and over. Maybe it’s cause they know deep down all they are is janitors. Maybe it’s cause they know they’re useless even in actual combat, the one thing they do, because their mission objective doesn’t align with the current climate and hasn’t even since the Iraq war.

There’s a reason the few the proud spend all their budget on advertising to reel in other insecure suckers who leave immediately and never come back as soon as their contract ends.
>>
>>50018164
never let go of that motivation my guy, I'm not in the marines but I still love to see people take pride in their branch, don't let the fat people/weakbodies around you affect your morale
>>
>>50019307
Oh, we're copeposting now?
>>
>>50019268
There's no bitterness at all. Do your fucking job and do it well, and people will respect you. It's that fucking simple. The military is a working environment, first and foremost. If you're asking on 4chan how to make friends then it's probably too late for you anyway.

There's no special skills you need in the military to be a good person. Just don't be a retard, drunk, or sex offender. It's not even hard.
>>
>>50019307
LOL. A paragraph trying to convince yourself the marine who fucked your GF couldn’t also beat your ass. Pathetic
>>
>>50019354
>Do your fucking job and do it well, and people will respect you.
That’s not how the military works, and I think we both know that.
>>
>>50019036
sounds like you might just have a bad outlook on others behaviors or you legitimately have had bad experiences. Tip from someone that was in entertainment, the trick is to always smile, its infectious and can quickly change perspectives and attitudes.
>>
>>50019307
>Marines are janitors.
I'm not going to read any more. You just said your girlfriend fucked a janitor
>>
>>50019377
Well if you wanna suck cock and give out free dip so that junior enlisted remember you as that cool NCO then go ahead. It's not really worth the time.
>>
>>50019404
What on earth is this tangent you’re going off on? Is it projection?
>>
>>50019347
>>50019360
>>50019398
Point proven.
>>
>>50019412
>You asked how to be "that one solid dude that people like"
>I said "do your job well and people will come to respect you'
>You said "nuh-uh"

Now we're here.
>>
>>50019436
I said nuh uh and you started ranting about sucking cock and bribery. You missed that part.
>>
>>50019445
I don't want to talk to you anymore. I'm going to bed
>>
How much ass does it suck to serve on a submarine? Also what's better to serve on? Boomer or attack?
>>
>>50015923
Anyone have any experience with the merchant marine? I have the grades to go to the academy and I'm honestly thinking about it. What say you, /k/ ?
>>
>>50019248
Only newfags wear their ID tags around their necks in civys or uniform. Cool kids loop them through their 5 o clock or 7 o clock belt loop and stuck them in their back pocket.
>>
>>50017479
>intentionally choosing to make basic training more miserable for no reason.
Who gives a shit about BCT, thats 10 weeks. Worry about your actual unit where youre stuck for 1+ years.
>>
>>50019653
When can I touch army girl butts
>>
>>50019555
Do it if it interests you. Its not the milirary, so its not like youre going to be in a slave contract like the rest of us.
>>
>>50019685
As soon as you get off the bus from meps and hook up with a fellow trainee at the hotel or air port for one last romp before bct.
>>
>>50019046
>Anon, I have some bad news about how society "segments" people.
Go on.
>>
File: carson.jpg (5 KB, 250x197)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>50019093
>Well I’m a depressed drink alone alcoholic so it’s good to see I at least have that in common with them.
Chances are if you met yourself, outside looking in, you wouldn't like yourself either.
You're in the same boat as all the other losers at MEPS, but they're just as intolerable to you as you are to them.
>>
File: glow.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1007)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>50019163
>I've always thought it would be "cool" to be part of the military but I fundamentally disagree with most of what they do. How can I fulfill my desire to be a badass soldier who does intelligence work like James Bond or something?
Be OSI or whatever the other branches equivalents are.

You're job is to ruin everyone else's day and round up all the shitbags who are your
>brothers in arms.
>>
File: survival.jpg (105 KB, 674x900)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>50019354
>Do your fucking job and do it well, and people will respect you.
Respect? Maybe, but doing your job won't get you promoted, that's for fucking sure.

Either learn the game or get out while you can. There's plenty of suckers out there willing to do the job.
>>
>>50015923
Forget all the cool guy shit. As a teenager looking to enlist with no skills or assets, what job fields in the army should I be looking to if I want a future, a real future so when i get out i can have the ability to get a place and live comfortably without working two jobs and have a career ahead of me.
>>
>>50019873
Do some easy paper pushing job that comes with a TS clearance, use the GI bill, bust your balls studying, get hired somewhere they want people with technical degrees and clearances.
>>
File: swag.jpg (149 KB, 1200x800)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>50019873
>As a teenager looking to enlist with no skills or assets, what job fields in the army should I be looking to if I want a future, a real future so when i get out i can have the ability to get a place and live comfortably without working two jobs and have a career ahead of me.
Go Air Force or Navy intel and get a TS clearance.

Also, use TA while you're in and finish your degree with the GI Bill once you get out.
>>
>>50019873
Lmao kys kid
>>
>>50019873
throw out everything everyone says and go army medical. go read the list of 68 series jobs, look at the descriptions and pick one you like. guaranteed job and guaranteed money.
>>
>>50019931
Well I definitely don't think I'll do that.
>>
>>50019873
Doesn’t really matter what you do. Unless you already have a specific interest, than yes enlist into a job that meets that criteria. But just going into the military will set you up for success if you’re not lazy. You can knock out classes while you’re in, the military has a bunch of programs before you get out that will help you get a career when you get out. Lots of people don’t use these cuz they’re ignorant and don’t know they exist or they’re just lazy.
>>
>>50019903
Maybe. Coming out a as a broke student with no relevant skills to any particular field doesn't seem like what I want to do though. With all do respect
>>50019908
>>50019934
Is intelligence and medical entry level enlistment? How hard would it be to qualify?
>>
>>50019980
If you can't inna google I reckon the requirements are too much for you.
>>
>>50019980
Read my post again, retard. Try googling the terms you don't know this time.
>>
>>50019980
Go to the goarmy website if you're serious. Find 5 of the 68 series jobs just by which names interest you and read the descriptions. It will tell you if they're entry level. We arent spoon feeding you. Read the jobs, call the recruiter.
>>
>>50019988
>>50019997
>>50020014
okay. I'm going to google with your advice in my mind. I'll come back if I have more questions. Thanks guys
>>
>>50019873
if you're looking for career advice, something involving tech programming will help you find jobs immediately out of service. If you can get 36B that will give you experience to jump into finance. 27D helps with law. 25R series is all merging together so you can pursue media/production mgmt. There is a lot of various opportunities to craft a skillset, its all about what you want to do in life.
>>
>>50019770
I’ve asked myself this exact question multiple times, and ultimately no, I can’t say I would dislike myself. I at least am not a hypocrite, if anything.
>>
>>50019080
College is way worse
>>
>>50020367
I disagree. The only worse thing about college is that most cases you have to pay for it.
>>
>>50016668
half of marines are self sufficient and stay fit on their own.
>>
>>50019276
lol
>>
if you unironically enlisted in the marines, you were meme'd, there is absolutely no reason to enlist in the marines over the army/navy
>b-but the brotherhood
there are units with way more comradery and hazing in other branches if that's what motivates you
>>
I was the anon, asking about the Marines. I get why you guys dislike them for non-Infantry, and I get why if you want to do actual soldiering, you should probably go Army on an 18x contract. I guess my final question is this: Why is it that most folks who go into public life are Army/Navy officers, and there are very few Marine officers? Is it simply a numbers question, or is there something specific to the Marines that means that those who exit the Corps have diminished political prospects from their Army/Navy Counterparts.

I want to be a warrior. I also want to be a statesman. Going to the Army, and going Airborne, or trying to go for Ranger selection, or officer and trying to make combat arms via OML fulfills that, even if it it (from an outsider's perspective) seems to lack the esprit de corps of the Marines. I also really want brotherhood, but from what you guys are saying, I'm not sure how much of that there will be in any branch. I've decided that I'm going to do this for a few years, one way or another, and that I'm doing it for the sake of proper soldiering, not job prospects or benefits, but I do want to go into public life eventually, and don't want the branch I choose to be a detriment.
>>
File: 1623799368990.png (38 KB, 1162x850)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
How I shoot chinks on Taiwan? Huh?
>>
>>50016726
Navy swo’s eat their own. If you go cg go guaranteed a school.
>>
>>50020380
I got paid to go with the GI bill and I still dropped out, it was fucking insufferable and I genuinely met more fuckups and retards in college than I ever did in the Marine Corps.
>>
>>50015923
>Joining the Marines = Don't
Why not? Because it's hard? If you're a fuck up, the marines is the best place to go to get work ethic instilled into you. You learn to adapt and overcome, team skills, and independent responsibility. If you join the marines you might not become a doctor when you get out but you sure as hell will have what it takes to get through life. More so than coddled soldiers and airmen that's for sure.
>>
File: le4ed3dhvke41.png (263 KB, 423x883)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>50020638
What an absolute fucking retard. You're there for the degree, not to mingle with fucking zoomers. Uni was the easiest thing I did on God's green earth.
Tbh I find it highly amusing how many of my cohort has talked openly about their mental breakdowns/suicide attempts.
>>
>>50020697
I found an opportunity that was better than staying and finishing my degree, so I took it. No shit college is easy, that’s why degrees are worthless and campuses are full of retards.
>uni
Oh it’s a fucking eurofaggot
>>
>>50020729
Imagine being filtered by fucking school. Must be a fucking pog.
>Oh it's a fucking eurofaggot
No, I attended a university.
>>
>>50020753
Nobody says uni in the US. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>50020753
>must be a pog
Let me guess, criminal justice degree from a state school?
>>
>>50019934
>>50020014
monkey brain take here dude. slots for medical are often hard to come by depending on the MOS, and recruiters will pull the "you can reclassify later" trick while feeding you to fishes of the big army. for someone like >>50019873 68X is the best option. the worst that can happen is he lands 68W and at best he can be a pharmacist assistant or LPN depending on what's open. 68X and getting an airborne slot is the way to go
>>
>>50020783
>68X
That's a good way to end up as veterinary food inspection specialist.
>>
>>50020654
Shit bags who were shit bags before the military will be shit bags during their time in. Most people straighten up with age anyway. I would say the marine corps coddles you the most. Lots of junior marines have zero responsibility, they aren’t even responsible for themselves. In other branches you have more freedoms to be an adult and be self accountable
>>
>>50020782
No, I got a BS.
>>50020771
Nice cope, bro.
>>
>>50020534
You sound like a massive faggot
>>
>>50020887
Gas yourself.
Being strategic is wise, as is taking advice. That doesn't just apply in war.
>>
>>50020783
Not either of the guys you replied to, but I wanted to sign up for a job in medical but I have doubts about myself. Being responsible with patients, dealing with expensive equipment. Sometimes I dont know if I have what it takes, but I have to do something and I just dont know what. Any words of advise or encouragement?
>>
What's so bad about the marines?
>>
>>50020782
Why is it so many officers (particularly in the Army and Marines) get non-STEM degrees?
Does ROTC filter STEM students?
>>
>>50020951
no opportunities, few enlistment bonuses, little advanced training available, underfunded, slow promotions, worst barracks quality, rarely get to go oconus besides oki, no real mission purpose, lapdog of the navy, etc etc
>>
>>50020930
>Any words of advise or encouragement?
walk into the recruitment station and take the ASVAB. if your scores qualify for the job then you have what it takes. when you get in give your all every day in everything you do and you'll be fine. simple as that
>>
File: burger.jpg (122 KB, 1200x630)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>50020534
>hurr durr culture
>real soldier
>hurr future politics
The Marines are retarded, and your glamorous view of brotherhood, war, and romance doesn't exist. You'll be a fucking secretary, or a janitor, or some stupid shit, same as every branch except there's black mold in your barracks.

>even if it it (from an outsider's perspective) seems to lack the esprit de corps of the Marines
Holy faggot. Do you think this is 300 or some shit? Grow the fuck up loser. You're not special.

Marines, what is your profession? To scrub toilets!
Now get the fuck off my /meg/.
>>
>>50019737
>Go on.

It has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with pedigree.
>>
>>50020654
>t. neverserved highschooler who failed the ASVAB
>>
>>50020958
You don’t need a STEM degree to be an officer, why go through all the extra work?
>>
>>50021100
Fair enough, it's just some of the degrees I see officers getting don't really offer much outside of the military. There's a chance that once you're in the military, you'd hate it.
>>
>zogbot recruitment general
Have fun dying for israel!
>>
>>50021090
>It has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with pedigree.
Which correlates with intelligence.
>>
>>50020958
>Why is it so many officers (particularly in the Army and Marines) get non-STEM degrees?
There's tons of stem degrees in ROTC. Moreso than the general student body because ROTC is more generous with scholarships to STEM students.
>>
>>50019980
>Is intelligence...entry level enlistment?

Yes. On the Army side you can go through IET for 35F All Source Analyst, 35M HUMINT collector, 35G GEOINT Analyst, 35N/S SIGINT, or 35P crypto, and I'm probably forgetting one or two.

When you go to the civilian side you might or might not need a degree as a contractor (this can change at the whim of the DoD, it changed twice while I was in) but you will need a degree for Federal civilian jobs just to get past the HR bot.
>>
>>50020654
retard
>>50020729
Depends on the degree. I wouldn't say that engineering or mathematics degrees are easy.
>>
>>50021123
I've seen the Air Force and Navy does a lot more for tech-degrees than the Army or Marines do. Most of the Army cadets were liberal arts or political science.
>>
>>50021125
>but you will need a degree for Federal civilian jobs just to get past the HR bot
Not him but why cant you just fake that shit
>>
File: bitcoin.jpg (83 KB, 980x552)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>50021114
>Fair enough, it's just some of the degrees I see officers getting don't really offer much outside of the military.
Which is why they commission and make more than they'd ever make on the civilian side.

I knew an LT that was a gender studies major, no joke. She'll be making fat cash and nice retirement at O-4 and on. Outside the Army, she'd be homeless.
>>
>>50021117
>Which correlates with intelligence.

Wealthy kids are just as retarded as black kids.

There are plenty of intelligent people grinding themselves to death because they were born into a poor family. There are absolute retards who are 25 year old IB VPs and portfolio managers because their dad had a strong network.
>>
>>50021039
That's actually exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks man. I'll do my best
>>
>>50020654
stop watching marine commercials, they spend millions just to make impressionable 17 year old kids think that it's unique compared to the other branches. those guys enlisting in the army that you go to meps with? they'll make sergeant while you're still a corporal, despite both of you doing the same job. stop romanticizing the military.
>>
>>50021145
Always apply the second generation immigrant rule.
>parents who's parents immigrated in poverty will often be more successful than their children because they had necessity driving them
>>
>>50016541
>Would making E5 or getting a Ranger tab do anything at all for me post-service or is my commander pulling my leg?
lol no your CO is probably straight up fucking with you.
>>
>>50021083
Well, It's quite obvious that while I might be a notyetserved, you are most definitely a neverserved, and you probably never will. What the fuck are you even doing here? You know you can specify MOS fields in your contract?
>>
File: brainChad.jpg (39 KB, 680x838)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>50021145
>Wealthy kids are just as retarded as black kids.
Statistically false.
Average IQ, school performance, SAT scores, etc. augment at higher income levels.

Obviously this is only when comparing groups of the same race, as race is a stronger indicator of overall intelligence.
>>
>>50021159
Why are you getting so triggered? Some muscle marine dude romanticize your fiance or something?
>>
>>50021139
>Not him but why cant you just fake that shit

You could try but YMMV by agency the background check will be more rigorous than the one you go through for your TS from the Army, you will have to submit to a CI and likely a lifestyle polygraph. Polygraphs are completely scientifically bullshit, but there's no reason to risk having a bitchy polygraph tech.

The education will also hopefully improve your writing and research skills and possibly give you relevant knowledge.
>>
>>50021139
Because it’s the fucking federal government and they will spend a year+ tearing through your background making sure you didn’t lie about anything, including checking to see if you actually went where you said you went to school.
>>
>>50021165
>Statistically false.

Cite.

>Average IQ, school performance, SAT scores

None of these has anything to with actual intelligence but with the ability to memorize a set of information and perform busy work with the assumption that a support network exists. Resources are a better indicator for success than inherent intelligence.
>>
>>50020958
>Why is it so many officers (particularly in the Army and Marines) get non-STEM degrees?
>Does ROTC filter STEM students?

Sort of. ROTC cadets all know they have a job lined up when they graduate so why do the extra work? Plus a lot of cadets are like the guys posting in this thread who think they're going to OPERATE until they go gray when the reality is that a majority of them are fed up with the service by the end of their initial commitment and get out regardless of their prospects or lack thereof on the outside.
>>
File: bbc.jpg (144 KB, 900x900)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>50021163
>Well, It's quite obvious that while I might be a notyetserved, you are most definitely a neverserved, and you probably never will.
I'm Air Force faggot. What are you? A scrawny highschool loser with a power complex.
>notyetserved

>You know you can specify MOS fields in your contract?
Yeah, like they give a shit.
>But Sarge, I can't mop the floors. I'm infantry. It's not my job. I was trained to kill bad guys.
>What you just say to me you little shit?
>*NJP*

I can't wait till you get your balls hazed off in basic.
>>
>>50021165
>>Wealthy kids are just as retarded as black kids.

Also this was obviously a joke.
>>
Posting a reminder that if you enlist with a degree you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>50021167
this is the third time you've mentioned your cuck fantasy in this thread, seek help little man
>>
File: dumb.png (6 KB, 207x243)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>50021183
>hurr, none of the objective tools used to measure intelligence have anything to do with intelligence
>im not poor because im stupid. im smart and everyone more successful than me is dumb
cope
seethe
don't have sex
dilate
>>
>>50021193
>Air Force
Oh? And what do you do in the Air Force? Sweep floors? Bitch about your life? Get so pissed about some other anon with a bit of ambition that you decide to go on a tirade on an anonymous imageboard. Let me guess, you tried for PJ or pilot, failed, and wound up somewhere you fucking hate.
>>
>>50021204
It thinking that makes you feel better anon.
>>
File: boxing.gif (935 KB, 450x279)
935 KB
935 KB GIF
>>50021187
>the reality is that a majority of them are fed up with the service by the end of their initial commitment
Yes.
>and get out regardless of their prospects or lack thereof on the outside.
Actually false. Officers have much higher retention rates than enlisted. Over 70% of officers stay past their initial commitment (varies by branch). That captain pay is just too damn tempting.

However, engineer officers and the like have lower retention because they can separate and make twice as much doing the same job at Grunman or Raytheon.
>>
>>50015923
is that a pedo symbol on that chair
>>
>>50020654
Your so fucking retarded
>>
>>50021241
Take your meds
>>
File: kangs.jpg (203 KB, 640x960)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>50021208
>Oh? And what do you do in the Air Force? Sweep floors? Bitch about your life?
Cushy MX job with decent civilian prospects. Air Force handed a shit ton of valuable job training that I'll be taking advantage of once my contracts up.
>Get so pissed about some other anon with a bit of ambition that you decide to go on a tirade on an anonymous imageboard.
You don't have ambition. You have schizo-tier daydream fantasies about shit you know nothing about.
>Let me guess, you tried for PJ or pilot, failed, and wound up somewhere you fucking hate.
Pilot isn't even an enlisted position you fucking retard. UPT isn't the hard part of becoming a pilot, it's getting there. But you wouldn't know that because you're a pissbrained ASVAB waiver highschool kid who talks out his ass.

Not everyone wants to be le pj seal operator man because everyone in knows all the cool guy shit is slowing down, even for SF.
>>
>>50021261
Why the fuck am I even arguing with you? We obviously have two very different worldviews.
Enjoy your bennies anon. Seriously.
>>
File: gruntsCouldNever.jpg (79 KB, 780x624)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>50021265
>We obviously have two very different worldviews.
That's my point, faggot. You don't have a worldview. You haven't even seen the world.
You're arguing from some place of authority with guys who have actually experienced the things you dream about and jerk off too.

Maybe if you weren't such a thick-headed, know-it-all cumbag, you'd learn something.
>>
>>50021196
But what if I do WOFT?
>>
>>50021219
Oh man I was going off several-years-old numbers which showed about 50-60% stayed in at 4 years and maybe 30% were left by 10 years.

2020 seems to have been an anomalously good year for retention but things have sure changed.
>>
>>50021287
Somewhat questionable but isn't technically enlisting and it's a pretty cool job so I'll allow it.
>>
>>50021265
And you're a retard who's never served. Join the marines and you'll probably be miserable. I've seen enough marines to know this much. If you want decent enlisted QoL, the Air Force is the way to go.
>>
>>50021290
>Oh man I was going off several-years-old numbers which showed about 50-60% stayed in at 4 years and maybe 30% were left by 10 years.
Those numbers are still a lot higher than enlisted retention rates.
>>
>>50021313
Honestly, fuck that. I believe in quality of men, not quality of life. I program for a living currently. I was smart enough to go to college for free. And I can say without a doubt, it does not satisfy.
>>
File: 20201102_232907.jpg (3.47 MB, 4032x2648)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
>>50015923
What are military wives like if you've never been in the military yourself?
>>
how the fuck do you faggots go for these long runs during the summer in the deep south? every inch of my body is fucking drenched before I'm even at the halfway point, and my legs chafe in my PT shorts, am I not hydrating enough?
>>
>>50021351
>insults airmen
>insults soldiers
>HURRR MUHRINES STRONG AND TOUGH AND ARE BETTER THAN ALL THE BRANCHES
>hasn't even been in the Marines or any other branch
Jesus Christ. They clearly do an amazing job with their recruiting, I'll give them that much.
>>
>>50021351
You won't be saying that if you're the one having to do shitty details that are a complete waste of everyone's time. Or when your boss is an idiot.
>>
File: clxltnbau5z61.jpg (11 KB, 300x293)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>50021351
You'll see a very high quality of man at boot camp. Only the hardiest of trained killers are selected to go, and definitely not any scrawny 18 year olds with hero complexes like pic related. Seriously though, it's always the little guys who want to flex to their friends/family that join the marines. Guys who are already confident in themselves pick the branch with the most potential, and the least limitations.
>>
File: boogie.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>50021351
>Honestly, fuck that. I believe in quality of men, not quality of life.
Yeah, breathing in all that black mold will surely build your character, plus that popcorn lung lawsuit's gonna be phat.
Might even make up for spending your whole career at an E-3 paygrade.
>>
>>50021373
>Seriously though, it's always the little guys who want to flex to their friends/family that join the marines.
Can confirm. Only guy I knew that went Marines in highschool was an ugly, stupid, skinnyfat manlet who nobody liked. Ended up dropping out of basic after five weeks and spent months in outprocessing. Watched his whole class graduate while he waited to get bussed home.

Shortest way through basic is through or whatever they say.
>>
>>50021366
When the fuck did I insult the Air Force?
>>
>>50021401
I assumed you were the same person who posted >>50020654
Either way you don't understand what you're getting into.
>>
>>50021417
No, but I was the one this jackass was calling a skinny high schooler with no life experience. I've lived the comfortable life. It kind of sucks. Like, the purpose is to acquire shekels. There's no purpose. You can prioritize family, and I'm trying to do that. But at the end of the day, I want to serve and do what will make me strongest, so that when I have sons and a wife to bear them, I can be a man that they respect. And honestly, I won't respect myself until I've proved to myself that I can serve as a man at arms for my country (well... ZOG, but you know what I mean). I was the anon that posted this: >>50020534
>>
>>50021434
Dude just join the army. The marines are literally a dead end. If you want pride then enlist as an infantryman with airborne in your contract. Airborne divisions are just a brainwashed as marines except you’ll actually progress faster and have more options for special schools and training. Plus you’re much more Likley to travel and deploy instead of just goin to Japan as a marine. Army is still sending brigades to Iraq and Syria
>>
>>50018796
The lawnmower just runs it over.
>>
>>50021465
Joining the marines is retarded but at least you get one thing: everyone else joined for the same retarded reason you did. But seriously listen to this guy and go army instead.
>>
>>50021434
If you already have a college degree, do OCS. It would be a waste to enlist with a degree.
Also, >>50021083 is correct. The military is not nearly as glamorous as you think it is.
>>
>>50021465
Thanks for the advice. Will give it due consideration.

>>50021477
Checked and noted.

>>50021478
Gotcha. Commissioning is the eventual goal.
>>
>>50021465
oki is hardly japan, don't enable their weeb fantasies, also the locals hate us
>>
File: I wanna fuckin die.jpg (27 KB, 409x534)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Navy or Coast Guard? Also in regards to recruiters can you ask where you want to be stationed or are you just at the whim of a branch and where they send you?
>>
>>50021752
I regret not enlisting in the Navy, so I'm going to say Navy. You're at the whim unless you're re-enlisting, then you get to choose.
>>
If you join the Army, fuck you retard. That being said:
>Ask for 25S. They don't have it? Fuck you, call me when you have it.
>Watch full metal jacket and jarhead, bunch of war movies
>Do the meps shit, go to basic, realize this shit is easy
>Go to AIT, be above retarded and get 1C modifier
Congratulations, you just spent your first year in the Army in tradoc. 3 more to go!
>Get to your strat unit. If you get a tac unit kill yourself.
>Rim your chain of command for every cert you can get
>CCNA, Net+, Sec+, Fiber (everybody wants fiber)
>Get certs, call FSRs, fuck the local fauna
>Get out of the Army. This is important, you don't love the Army.
>Take your security clearance and certs and get a contracting job
>Go to strat units, call soldiers retards, tell officers to fuck off
Congratulations, you beat the Army.
>t. Bitter 25N sergeant
>>
I forgot to mention I had a root canal done when I was 9 years old. I'm in the process of enlisting in the Army. Will they care or go hunting for medical records or will they not care?
I've heard they wont care at dental at basic.
Thanks.
>>
>>50021846
They'll record it as a "surgery" but that's about it, at least in my experience for my wisdom teeth extraction. I have not run into any problems. What MOS are you aiming for?
>>
>>50021821
I'm a 25S at a tac unit and I love it, maybe stop being a faggot nerd
>>
>>50021874
You love dick in your butt, stop being retarded you retard

Where are you stationed at
>>
>>50021882
humphreys, ngl now i kind of want to get out so i can call soldiers and officers retards
>>
File: 1567740275162.jpg (50 KB, 689x400)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Couple of questions. First off how hard is Navy ocs if I do get accepted? I hear it's pretty fuckin tough is why I ask. Secondly, how much does it fucking blow to serve on a sub? Why I ask is wanna go supply corp then maybe serve as a chop on one. Seems like a very cool gig to be in honestly and one I could make a career out of.
>>
>>50021888
The compromise is to put in a warrant packet and absolutely mog the fuck out of first sergeants and sergeants major. Also
>Humphreys
No shit you love your unit, go laugh at the Koreans line dancing at Texas Roadhouse
>>
>>50020697
>You're there for the degree, not to mingle with fucking zoomers.
Yeah, except the problem is that college is prime time to fuck sluts
>uni was easy
Either shit school or didn’t get a stem degree
>>
>>50021123
I had a stem degree in rotc. Too bad I couldn’t get a scholarship cuz my high school gpa was garbage
>>
>>50021356
You made this post already and I’ll the say the same thing I said then. Stop running during 2 pm at peak heat? Maybe try doing it in the evening instead
>>
>>50021377
>Yeah, breathing in all that black mold will surely build your character, plus that popcorn lung lawsuit's gonna be phat.
Tbh this ain’t just marines every branch does this to an extent…but yeah marines have it the worst by a large margin
>>
>>50021957
are you in the military? im not a first sergeant i dont decide when we do pt
>>
>>50021973
Where are you stationed? Is your first sergeant really having you do PT in the middle of the work day? These are important before I call you a fat retard.
>>
>>50021356
>am I not hydrating enough?

You can always drink more water
>>
>>50016641
I always hated marine admin faggots because they will believe this shit themselves
>>
>>50020534
>I want to be a warrior.
I said the exact same thing before I enlisted. But after you get out it really means absolutely nothing.

You’re just romanticizing the whole generation kill style warrior culture. It actually means absolutely nothing and once you’re out of the military nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>50020951
There isn’t anything wrong with joining the marines. It’s just most people who join the marines join for the wrong reasons
>>
>>50022297
This

They are the ones who always introduce themselves as a marine. And when you ask what they do, they just say they are a marine because deep down they are too ashamed of their actual MOS.
>>
File: 1623062488256.jpg (84 KB, 707x1024)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>50015923
Who would win in an army vs marine land-whaless death match?
>>
>>50022297
>>
>>50022386
Admin? Reservists do stuff like that too. One of my co-workers is a reservist and has a USMC license plate and a USMC decal on his hood. He is a 03 but he’s never deployed or done anything outside drill
>>
>>50022386
>>
>>50022386
Worst offender of them all. It's funny cause he represents them so well, having the obnoxious personality of sucking the green cock and thinking he's hot shit. Who the fuck joins the marines to be fucking admin anyway lol
>>
>>50022420
That's really gay lol. The only thing I do is leave a PC in the back of my car. And that's just to get out tickets.
>>
>>50022544
I forgot to mention, he also has his white dress blues cap in the back window of his car
>>
>>50022511
Because they destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver and they are required to have a high level of physical and mental toughness
>>
>>50022560
OOOOORAAAAAAAAAH!
You gotta have what it takes to be a muhreeeen!
>>
Die for zog
>>
>>50016171
SOG
>>
>>50021892
You do not talk like the kind of person that would make a good officer.
>>
Will a DV restraining order prevent me from enlisting?
>>
>>50023166
Short answer is yes.
Cops/.mil have to comply with the Lautenberg amendment, they're probably gonna hold off any real paperwork until your court date.
>>
Are TS/SCI investigations the same in federal agencies as they are in the military?
>>
>>50023343
Afaik they're all handled by the same agency now. If 350Fanon is around he can tell you more.
>>
File: 1626773406893.webm (983 KB, 720x576)
983 KB
983 KB WEBM
>LMFAO
>>
File: goals.jpg (41 KB, 508x550)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>50021892
>Secondly, how much does it fucking blow to serve on a sub?
It should be pretty self explanatory. You're in a big metal tube with no internet surrounded by dudes for weeks (months) on end. Quality of life depends a lot on what kind of sub you're on though.

If you're a big fitness guy, good luck because the most you're gonna have is one set of dumbbells and maybe some resistance bands. Navy only cares about health come pt test time, then it's back to greasy food and deskwork.

Also, it might seem cool to travel all over the world for long periods of time because you're young and single, but hopefully you'll be married with kids someday. Then you're really gonna question if you wanna go for 20.
>>
>>50023381
>350Fanon
Who?
>>
File: Chud.png (29 KB, 645x767)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>50023562
>>
>>50022361
>There isn’t anything wrong with joining the marines. It’s just most people who join the marines join for the wrong reasons
Shut up neverserve. You're not allowed to give advice.
>>
>>50020783
There is no open 68X the way there is 11x. You've literally never fucking served a day in your life. Stop fucking posting here.
>>
>>50023579
lurk more
>>
>>50023595
I enlisted in the marines in 2010. I was one of those people who joined for the wrong reason.
>>
File: 66f-1.jpg (33 KB, 680x763)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>50023595
>>50023601
>neverserved!
How could you tell?
>>
>>50023579
He likes blackberry pie
>>
File: waifu.jpg (40 KB, 475x549)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>50023627
>I enlisted in the marines in 2010. I was one of those people who joined for the wrong reason.
What's the right reason to join the Marines?
>>
File: tacticalChungus.jpg (98 KB, 597x604)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
It's very telling that all you have to say is
>Don't join the Marines
and all the neverserves come out of the woodwork and start seething.
The Marines may suck at everything military, but they're damn good at marketing.
>>
>>50022544
That's even gayer desu
>>
Is the sleep deprivation issue in the Navy as bad as I hear it is? How much sleep do sailors really get when compared to the other branches
>>
>>50023801
They all get the same. None
>>
>>50023700
I literally do not care
>>
>>50020057
>something involving tech programming
>36B that will give you experience to jump into finance
>27D helps with law
all of these are pointless. they just don't give you the qualifications private companies are looking for. you would still need a degree and still need to get certs. you're spending 4 years in a watered down version of the civilian job, earning minimal experience, certainly nothing someone hiring for a high paying job will give a rat's ass about. the only jobs army experience will land you is that same job as a civilian contractor. your advice is shit
>>
File: 1626875693638m.jpg (115 KB, 969x1024)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>50023700
>>
>>50023801
Yes.
>>
>>50023845
But how does anyone work without sleep? It's a biological necessity to mental stability and cognitive function.
>>
>>50023884
None of the POGs want to admit this because it's how they cope with not joining combat arms. The reality is you don't come out with a marketable skill as a POG, no company wants to hire your ass regardless of your "experience." Working as a 36B isn't the same as becoming an accountant, that's all done by officers. Enlisted medical technicians don't actually handle the equipment, that's all done by NCOs. There is no reason for anyone not made of onions to join anything but combat arms and then get out and use their GI Bill to bust their ass in college for real certs and then work internships because that's what companies actually fucking care about. Unless you're a lifer, it's all POG cope.
>>
>>50023981
>Unless you're a lifer, it's all POG cope
it's all too overwhelming for me. maybe i should just be a enlisted underling lifer because i wasnt cut out for college and dont have what it takes to compete in the workforce
>>
>>50023700
How does someone get that fucking fat and not get booted out? Serious question.
I got taped for being like a pound over my weight (passed tape). And yet I see this guy.
>>
>>50023888
Am I supposed to be able to read that shit nigga?
>>
>>50023888
how you know hes the same guy
>>
>>50023907
>But how does anyone work without sleep? It's a biological necessity to mental stability and cognitive function.
Something something do more with less, service before self, back in my day, you'll understand when you're an NCO, so on and so forth.
>>
>>50024038
The military claims they are selective enough that only a small percent of the population is eligible for military service. Turns out that zogbots can't cut it as civilians
>>
>>50023981
>The reality is you don't come out with a marketable skill as a POG, no company wants to hire your ass regardless of your "experience."
No, but they can get TS clearances, which the private sector does care about. It's really the only thing the private sector cares about.
Janitors don't get TS clearances.
>>
>>50024107
>How does someone get that fucking fat and not get booted out?
You'll see plenty of fatasses that make you question how they pass tape or a PT test, but for this case in particular, I believe the lore is he was severly injured, and the rehab and medicinal steroids he was on led to heavy weight gain.

Is that true? I don't know, this is 4chins.
>>
>>50024148
Clearances expire
>>
>>50024166
>Clearances expire
Yes, but they last just long enough for you to finish a four year contract and move into a civilian position, at which point, they'll renew your clearance for you.
>>
The LA Times asks why do transgender people join the military in such high numbers. Well, /meg, what do you think?
>>
>>50024237
Childhood trauma and mental illness go hand in hand with joining the military. On top of that they are guaranteed a job and healthcare. It's pretty much the only place they are accepted and can cut out a living
>>
>>50024237
Because the military will pay for their $300k sex change on top of their yearly salary
>>
File: 1626049085489.png (273 KB, 550x534)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
stop posting dumb shit about israel or "zog" or whatever the fuck. nobody here gives a fuck. you are preaching to the deaf.
>>
>>50024237
The same narcissistic impulse which makes them seek outward trappings of hyper-masculinity for their self-image makes them seek outward trappings of feminity when that way becomes more appealing to them.
>>
>>50023667
Family legacy, duty stations
>>
File: 1471183454559.jpg (121 KB, 640x640)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
I think the girl int he OPic is cutie. Alas, with that size she has probably taken several hundred miles of marine dick and is therefore an unsuitable partner.

Take the THICC pill, lads.
>>
>>50015923
What are med the rules re: previous injuries?

A fucked up the tendon in my foot playing nigger ball and ended up having it replaced with a donor tendon. No lasting impact on mobility but it left a big ugly scar. Will this be a problem and if so how do I mitigate?
>>
>>50016377
As a pure white aryan German descent American republican 2a cop loving homosexual this knowledge made me cum in my briefs. God I love my white race and bbc.
>>
why do they do this?

https://youtu.be/B1nnPwduJEU
>>
>>50024285
>the military will pay for their $300k sex change
Do they actually cover that shit?
>>
>>50024410
That's a lot of meat, I'd love to get my hands on that beautiful darling
>>
>>50024525
Reversing the policy that disallowed it was literally done on bidens first week. Remember people are getting covered to get their dicks chopped off by quack doctors and you aren't getting covered for... well everything actually
>>
>>50024410
this poster is disbased and hogpilled
>>
>>50024543
Thinking you're a woman and cutting your dick off because of it is just by definition mental illness. We dont let schizophrenics cut off their ears to prevent world war 2, why do appease the delusions of trannies? For them to wake up one day realizing they have no dicks and cant have children so they kill themselves? How is that fair to them, or their parents?
>>
>>50024682
>We dont let schizophrenics cut off their ears to prevent world war 2
I would let a schizophrenic cut off their ear to prevent a world war.
>>
>>50024543
Talk about unnecesary spending ffs
>>
What does /meg/ think about the woman that made it to the boat crews?
>>
>>50024806
women shouldn't be in the military
>>
>>50024038
I'd like to that but living in a barracks or on base dorm room sounds like crap how are you supposed to find a wife like that
>>
>>50024856
Not even as nurses or something?
>>
AROTC or AFROTC? which is the better one to pick.
>>
>>50025017
AROTC if you're a /fit/ smoothbrain, AFROTC id you're a STEM nerd.
>>
>>50025009
Maybe as my girlfriend but besides that no.
>>
>>50025009
you tell me

https://youtu.be/iNMAVKkFXQc
>>
>>50024806
>>50024856
Does anyone have that Navy performance report with the times taken to perform combat drills on subs or ships, comparing men and women?
>>
>>50025043
if*
Also, think you can switch to Army in most places if they punt your ass out of AFROTC, probably not vice versa.
>>
>>50025059
Jesus christ big tight army butts I have to join now
>>
>>50025043
>>50025090
I don’t believe Air Force has the SMP program, so in going that route I’d basically be paying for the entire tuition out of pocket compared to army covering a good portion of it.
>>
>>50025059
>>50025056
lmao
>>
>>50025090
>Also, think you can switch to Army in most places if they punt your ass out of AFROTC, probably not vice versa.
Can confirm.
AROTC has a two year track, which aligns perfectly with AFROTC's selection board that takes place at the end of sophomore year.

Army ROTC collects the fat that AFROTC trims off, and because of retention right now, Air Force ROTC has been trimming a lot of fat.

tldr Go AFROTC, and if it doesn't work out, you can jump AROTC without skipping a beat.
>>
>>50025092
lots of them

https://youtu.be/a_ZFRWN3soA
>>
>>50025104
AFROTC has scholarships, but unless you're still in high school, chances are low. Apart from that you could enlist ANG, use GI to pay, apply for OTS and pray... Or just go Army.
>>
File: dressPoos.jpg (2.27 MB, 2100x1550)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB JPG
>>50025104
>I don’t believe Air Force has the SMP program, so in going that route I’d basically be paying for the entire tuition out of pocket compared to army covering a good portion of it.
They don't have an SMP program, but you can still do the program while in the ANG. The only difference is you'll have to go through basic and AIT, whereas SMP cadets don't have to.

That being said, ROTC is just a big, long, stupid basic training, so you'll mog all other retarded cadets if you go to basic and AIT first.

The only issue is that you're still deployable, unlike SMP cadets, so pick a job that doesn't deploy all the time and deploy during the summer if you have to.
>>
>>50025132
>AFROTC has scholarships, but unless you're still in high school, chances are low.
Very low. Air Force is stingy with scholarships.
>Apart from that you could enlist ANG, use GI to pay, apply for OTS and pray... Or just go Army.
You can use ANG TA or the GI Bill while doing AFROTC.
>>
>>50025151
>You can use ANG TA or the GI Bill while doing AFROTC.
Oh, cool. Good to know.
>>
>>50025116
What's the best way to get my dick in these
>>
>>50025167
be infantry. every girl in the army will cheat with an infantryman. deploy and its guaranteed infantry is fucking every female on base.
>>
>>50025137
>but you can still do the program while in the ANG.
How does this work? You can go ang and simultaneously do rotc?
>>
>>50025167
be very very fit

https://youtu.be/3pCZEP8_TtI
>>
>>50025187
>>50025194
If I have to go through Benning to have a piece of that juicy succulent meat, then so be it.
>>
>>50025059
Women should not be in the military. What a fucking joke
>>
File: 1617079907870.jpg (607 KB, 1000x1000)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
What's the best way to become a doctor through the military? (Assuming I'm starting as an enlisted without a degree)
>>
>>50025220
What do you expect from them? Especially zoomers
>>
>>50025191
>How does this work? You can go ang and simultaneously do rotc?
Yes, go through the program, and then 30 days before your commissioning, you request a conditional release from the guard and commission.
>>
>>50025187
lmao
>>
>>50025239
I'm the other anon, but what happens if he gets cut from FT, can he still cross to Army?
>>
>>50025239
>you request a conditional release from the guard and commission.
That seems like a total shitshow. Can’t they just easily deny you and then you’re fucked?
>>
I’ve been doing rotc for a year now and if these cadets are the future leaders of the army…no wonder everybody hates leadership and always say they’re trash. These guys are going to make terrible, terrible fucking leaders.
>>
>>50025367
What do you mean?
>>
>>50025412
I don’t know if afrotc is much different, it arotc, these kids are going to make abysmal leaders. They’re not even commissioned and are already power tripping, and being sold on the premise of having power rather than having a good leader. Kids are starting fights with everyone at bars, insulting everyone, basically raping drunk girls same way frat guys do. stuff like that. I just cannot in a million years see most of them ever being a good leader.

Now there is definitely a few good ones but the rest are majoring in basket weaving for the easy gpa and just essentially prepping to power trip on the rest. It’s an awful state.
>>
File: 1571956141229.jpg (443 KB, 1156x1900)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>50024551

If it had to happen, I'd rather have a hamplanet drag me quickly to safety than a piece of eyecandy who will give up after one try.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/03/04/heavier-female-soldiers-out-perform-leaner-counterparts-strength-tasks-study-finds.html

Thick girls put on muscle better as they lose their fat, anyway.
>>
>>50025457
Jesus fuck, does the cadre notice anything?
>>
>>50025461
Mmmmm the right is a big piece of beef I need to take a bite out of
>>
>>50025468
Cadre doesn’t really care because that’s what mostly rotc classes are. They don’t teach you how to be a good leaders just some bullshit army values and the rest is just prepping you to power trip. It’s fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>50025282
>I'm the other anon, but what happens if he gets cut from FT, can he still cross to Army?
If you get cut from FT, you're a fat fucking retard.
What you mean is what happens if you're not selected for field training?
You can either try again next year, or jump over to Army and do their two year program. The credits from AFROTC transfer to AROTC.

Being enlisted in the ANG has no affect on your commissioning source, so you can commission Air Force as army national guard or vice versa.
>>
File: comdet.jpg (47 KB, 678x381)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>50025293
>That seems like a total shitshow.
It's not. I know a guy who just commissioned a few months ago this way.
>Can’t they just easily deny you and then you’re fucked?
Yeah, if you're a total shitbag and your chain of command hates you. ANG isn't struggling for manpower, so they'd only do that if they wanted to give you the middle finger.
>>
>>50025499
I thought if you’re doing aftotc you must commission Air Force and arotc you must commission army. Am I missing something here?
>>
>>50025497
What's the solution in your opinion?
>>
>>50025528
>Yeah, if you're a total shitbag and your chain of command hates you. ANG isn't struggling for manpower, so they'd only do that if they wanted to give you the middle finger.
Relying on “bro it’ll happen later trust me” is a very very bad idea in the military.
>>
File: zionShaver.jpg (323 KB, 1296x864)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>>50025367
welcome to the shitshow. If you think these fucks are bad, wait until you meet the highschool dropout NCO who was bullied his whole life until he finally pinned E-5. Just be glad you won't be under the thumb of one of those fuckers.
>>
>>50025499
Wait so I can do army national guard then do afrotc?
>>
>>50025541
>I thought if you’re doing aftotc you must commission Air Force and arotc you must commission army. Am I missing something here?
Yes.
National guard and Air National Guard has nothing to do with either of those programs. They don't care what you do at college as long as you do your job.
>>
>>50025555
Sitting in those rotc classes while being told about army values and morals, while the guy three seats from you basically raped a blackout drunk girl at a party last night already makes me incredibly disillusioned with how the army works, especially leadership. These guys aren’t leaders, a lot of them are scum.
>>
>>50025553
>Relying on “bro it’ll happen later trust me” is a very very bad idea in the military.
Shut up neverserve retard. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

This isn't
>bro, you're totally gonna get a 500K bonus. It's not in your contract, but I promise you bro. Just sign.
You're gonna arrange the paperwork for this years ahead of time, and when the time comes, go all the way up and down your chain of command again to finalize it.

It's the same as Army's SMP program, just not as explicitly stated.
>>
>>50025581
I understand though that if you wanted to commission via afrotc while in the guard, unless you’re in SMP you have to be released. How would that even work? If I’m the national guard being asked to leave to commission Air Force active duty, is that even feasible?
>>
>>50025574
>Wait so I can do army national guard then do afrotc?
If you want, sure. It be retarded, but yeah, you can.
>>
>>50025622
>It be retarded, but yeah, you can.
My army national guard covers university tuition 100% in my state, it’s not that retarded.
>>
>>50025599
>t. gets no pussy geed
Girls love drunk hook ups. That's the only reason they go out.
Just join a frat man. You'll learn some hard lessons about women in one semester that other men spend years and countless divorces learning.
>>
>>50025613
>I understand though that if you wanted to commission via afrotc while in the guard, unless you’re in SMP you have to be released.
You still have to be released as SMP. That's literally what the SMP program is. It's a contract stating you'll be released from your enlistment upon commissioning.

>How would that even work?
You'd request a conditional release from your enlistment on the grounds that you are commissioning.

>If I’m the national guard being asked to leave to commission Air Force active duty, is that even feasible?
For the fifth time, yes. They can deny it, but they could deny it if you deny if you commissioned Army, or Navy, or Coast Guard, or Space Force. They have no reason to deny it, but they hypothetically could.
>>
>>50025635
Just because I look down on raping in general doesn’t mean I’m also the type to go out and get married to the first bitch who gives me attention. Yes women are trash but leaders should not be literally raping them. There’s a fine line to this type of stuff. If you’re telling me future leaders are in the right for rape then I don’t know what to tell you.

Also,
>larp
>>
>>50025633
>My army national guard covers university tuition 100% in my state, it’s not that retarded.
So does your Air National Guard. They get the same benefits.
>>
>>50025685
Incorrect. There’s certain universities in my state which are exclusively partnered with national guard in granting 100% tuition for all NG students, not ANG.
>>
>>50025548
I don’t think there is one without a massive overhaul of the entire system. It’s fundamentally flawed, and these courses aren’t ever teaching you to be a good leader looking out for your people, they’re essentially training you the ability to power trip and keep them in line from doing anything you personally don’t like.
>>
>>50016669
Buy it
>>
>>50025682
>Yes women are trash but
Well at least we agree on something.
>>
>>50025695
>Incorrect. There’s certain universities in my state which are exclusively partnered with national guard in granting 100% tuition for all NG students, not ANG.
That is illegal.
>>
ran 40 mins today which is the longest i've run since high school. made it 5.2 miles, but i'm going to push myself harder next time. i'm starting a 3 month running class this saturday. wish me luck boys. trying to get into regiment.
>>
>>50025892
Under which law?
>>
>>50025499
Last year's FT selection rate was 50%, so are 50% of all of those 150 lb STEM geeks fat AND retarded? Or do you just have no idea what the fuck you're talking about?
>>
>>50025937
>Last year's FT selection rate was 50%, so are 50% of all of those 150 lb STEM geeks fat AND retarded? Or do you just have no idea what the fuck you're talking about?
The only one here who's fat and retarded is you.

They got cut from Field Training selection, not field training. They were never given the opportunity to go to field training. You can be selected for field training and fail out of field training. It happened to someone at my school last year.

Once you go to field training, you have to be a literal sped to be kicked from the program at that point, but it can and does happen.
>>
>>50025932
>Under which law?
They can't give benefits to the army component of the national guard that are not also extended to the air component. They're two sides of the same coin. ANG gets all the same benefits, they just advertise them less.
>>
>>50025731
Chinese Eugenic Ruling Class it is.
>>
>>50025990
EA rates were what I was refering to you imbecile. Nobody gets 'cut' from FT, they fail it.
>>
>>50026005
Again, which law states this?
>>
File: source.jpg (52 KB, 783x463)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>50026056
>Again, which law states this?
>uhhh, source, source.
I'm in the national guard. You're a neverserve faggot. There's no reason why they would only extend the benefit to NG and not ANG.

No, your school does not have a "partnership" with the Army national guard, they have a mandate from the state to provide certain benefits to guardsmen, all guardsmen.
>>
>>50026047
dilate
>>
>>50026089
>You're a neverserve faggot.
Absolutely correct, which is why I’m asking all of this and weighing my option prior to going in.
>>
>>50026109
>Absolutely correct, which is why I’m asking all of this and weighing my option prior to going in.
Then stop arguing with me faggot.
Half your school faculty probably doesn't even know the ANG guard exists. They're much smaller than Army, but they are still entitled to the same benefits.

If you showed them your paperwork showing that you're a guardsman, air or army, you'd get the same benefits.
>>
>>50026108
lol
>>
Going to benning in like 3 days. Nervous and excited to go. Finally living the dream of getting my 11B training!
>>
>>50026265
Sad dream desu
>>
>>50026349
It's an attainable one. What are your dreams
>>
>>50026355
Sucking cock
>>
>>50026349
Ehh, it is what it is man. Don't hate on me cause you have different dreams.
>>
Do army officers have to give up dual citizenships to ally countries same way Air Force does?
>>
>>50015923
Someone make a new thread bruh
>>
>>50026556
Here you go.
>>50026648
>>50026648
>>50026648

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.