[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Ow.gif (781 KB, 240x180)
781 KB
781 KB GIF
Previously on /meg/: >>49984475

Lying about criminal history = Very bad idea dumb dumb
Lying about medical history = Chad move

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.
https://discord.gg/RmrWxhf

>Resources:

>Special Forces Fitness Guide
http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/sfart.htm#:~:text=PT%3A%20Every%20other%20day.,of%2040%20to%2050%20reps).

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of SOF units. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
>https://mega.nz/folder/ZQhQDLQA#SrCZyqNQiomnG4DsTzcNMg
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS, as well study guides for ASTB-E

>https://bogidope.com/civilian-to-guard-or-reserve/the-ultimate-military-pilot-career-path-part-1/
Airforce Pilot guide

>Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No. http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

>Info on sf86
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

>Free ASVAB Study Books
https://archive.org/details/asvab0000unse_z2t4
https://archive.org/details/asvab00lear
https://archive.org/details/asvabpowerpracti0000unse
https://archive.org/details/normanhallsasvab0000hall

>2020 Ft Jackson Army Basic Training Guide to Stealing Food
https://pastebin.com/yg972vRE (Short version)
https://pastebin.com/53tsDj90 (Detailed version)

>How to get into shape for basic military training when starting from nothing
https://pastebin.com/yGzadpNZ
>>
>>50002177
I will never forgive my Drill Instructor for making me sing the nutshack song over and over during Infantry School.
>>
Good goyim israel needs you
>>
security forces cant be that bad right heh
>>
File: Devil's Peak.jpg (90 KB, 590x767)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Story time, I'm willing to tell if you're willing to listen.

Debating what branch of the military to go into as an officer. I have my Bachelors (3.7 GPA, STEM). My parents are strongly against the armed forces it in it's entirety so I may just join non-combat forces and work something administrative or working as a medic/paramedic/nurse/surgeon assistant in a field tent/hospital.

To what I should do to get there and what military branch I have no idea. I'm a total noob to this whole process. Any help, tips, or advice I'll gladly hear out.

And yes I will be starting PT/running immediatly since I heard do do that everyday, single, day. Luckily I ran cross country in highschool.
>>
>>50000199#
Yeh, last year they decapitated the 200 class real bad. They ended up adding a supplemental board out of fear of getting shredded by an upcoming Washington Post piece. Unfortunately I think the supplemental board means the low selection rates will trickle over to the next few years, which sucks for me because I'll be a 200 then...
>>
File: 1599163304039.jpg (7 KB, 236x245)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>50002177
>Lying about medical history = Chad move
Wish I have seen this one earlier. Lost my last chance(3rd attempt, got called the first day since I scored in top) to enter military college for telling the truth to the optometrist that I had PRK...
>>
>>50002661
Going to enlisting and have had PRK, should I not bring that up?
>>
File: aasda.jpg (43 KB, 945x819)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>50002594
>Already officers are known for being the better choice over a squaddie
>Forces provide significantly better insentives for joining as an officer
>If you got the qualifications, literally no reason to not go for officers (or bust)
>Forces reaction when everyone enlists as an officer, nobody goes for regulars.
>>
>>50002680
Depending on the country and health code, don't bring it up. Turns out mine doesn't allow you to be a student if you had refractive surgery, even if it healed properly and no complication happened. It is retarded since they even allow the fucking jet pilots get refractive surgery(including LASIK).
>>
>>50002661
>>50002731
They only allow surgery if it's done they way they want it, if they do the same surgery is done again I think there's a chance you can go blind, hence why they ask, and why you being honest if anything is a good thing because blindness is one of the worst disabilities to have on planet earth, ask any disabled veteran, they'd all keep their eye sight over even hands, arms, or legs, since those are all useless if you're blind
>>
>>50002324
Please help anon. Memes are fine but I just post that image to get people attention.
>>
File: 2617.jpg (288 KB, 1024x750)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>please get 1st group, please get 1st group
>gets orders for 3rd group

Long tabbers and support guys at Torii Station, I fucking hate you all and I hope your t-shirt companies fucking fail and you join the 22 a day. FUCK.
>>
>>50002863
>if they do the same surgery is done again I think there's a chance you can go blind
Sounds like bullshit to me.
First, it is optional to get refractive surgery and they don't order you to get it. Since your eyes usually regress up to 0.25 or 0.50 there is no point in my opinion.
Second, doctors check your corneal thickness, eye pressure etc. to determine if you are fit for surgery.
Third, even if you get LASIK, your doctor will see it in slit-lamp and corneal topography easily and cancel/change it to PRK. You can have PRK as many times as your corneal thickness allows.
Fourth, enhancement surgeries are a thing. So I really doubt you can go blind.
I fucking wish I lied to the doctor, there was no way he could tell fucking (2 and 2.25 myopia) PRK correction in slit-lamp or even corneal topography.
>blindness is one of the worst disabilities
Agreed, I would rather die than end up blind.
>>
File: 1626789618788.jpg (30 KB, 540x717)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>Muhreens
>>
>>50002695
The low selection rates actually have nothing to do with whatever the fuck you're trying to say. Corona spiked retention rates across the board due to layoffs in private industry, leading to a lesser need for new commissions, and increasing their ability to be more picky in selection. The incentives for officer recruiting have always been there.
>>
>want to join Air Force, trying to narrow down job/AFSC choices
>it's typical for you to need to list 8 particular jobs and then a general index
>I want to work with and learn about computers
>can't even find 8 jobs for that field
>the index is so broad I could be hoping to be a programmer and end up as a mechanic
Am I understanding this right? Seems really brutal...
>>
>>50003230
Sounds scummy, if not outright kikery. Don't sign anything yet.
>>
>>50002731
I'm in america, you?
>>
>>50003290
Turkey. iirc American recruitment isn't strict as ours.
>>
>>50003044
Any particular reason why it says them not her?
>>
>>50000404
I’ve worked with several people who had ties to Russia, China, etc with TS. They look at the entire picture.

Most of the time those guys were born in the USA, but had those citizenships granted by birth. They also usually have not been there since childhood or something, with long since expired passports. On top of renouncing, that’s usually enough to see that they themselves share no love for the country.

If the clearance guidelines just stated DUR RUSSIA NO then it would lose the DoD several potentially solid employees who have never even had any ties to the country anyway.
>>
Does the SMP/rotc option have to be on your reserves contract right as you sign, or could you say transfer to a university with an rotc a year into being in the reserves and then do that option that way?
>>
>>50002177
How many times am I going to say this?

REMOVE THE IRC FROM THE STICKY! THERE ISN'T ANYONE IN THE IRC CHANNELS!
>>
>>50003230
yeah I was the same. A lot of the good tech jobs are either reclass only or just intel. Certain supposed cyber jobs are allegedly just ultimately help desk bitch jobs.
>>
>>50003786
Man I wanna start using IRC
>>
>>50002695
>Forces provide significantly better insentives for joining as an officer
Which is what exactly? You can’t pick your job there either, it’s a myth you can in Air Force coming in officer.
>>
>>50002316
So if you’re such a smart guy why can’t you find it out yourself?
>>
>>50003826
More meant other branches/forces which seem to have a similar issue of mountains of officers to choose but nobody wants to be the lower ranks
>>
Is it a better idea to join the reserves if they have a slot for the specific job I want the guard doesn’t, and going to college with shitty reserves tuition assistance, (basically paying most of it myself) or going to the guard with a random mos just to get the full coverage tuition in my state?

Ultimately I hope to commission.
>>
>>50002177
I wanted to enlist into army air defence. I cant decide if I want to work with the avenger systems for the CRAM trucks. What can you guys tell me about both of them, if anything?
>>
>>50002316
www.usuhs.mil
>>
>>50003795
Bummer. Did you enlist in the end? I'm looking at the intel job offerings now and it isn't exactly encouraging, I just want to learn about computers so I can stop being a poorfag one day.
>>
>>50004271
Some of the intel selections are good. I don’t know what you mean by that.

Army has some cyber courses and navy CT rates which is cyber/intel.
>>
File: IMG_0869.jpg (144 KB, 960x1280)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
im currently fucking a few military wives while their husbands are deployed. they been telling me all about their husbands jobs and all the benefits they get. it seems like a pretty sweet gig from what ive heard, and i decided i want to serve my country

One of them is married to an officer and they have a much nicer apartment, so I want to do that.

What's the easiest way to become an officer? And should i join myself or just marry some female officer and continue fucking lonely wives whenever shes at work
>>
>>50004421
Superior black cock on white butt is hot
>>
>>50004030
Guard. College debt just isn’t worth it in the end if you had the option of not having it
>>
File: 2020.jpg (449 KB, 1959x1469)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>50000858
>Even if you still have remaining time in the reserves? How does that work?
If you do SMP, you enlist in the guard (keyword:enlist) until you commission, which nulls your previous unless it's already up.

Your commissioning is a whole new contract, so whatever time you have left on your enlistment doesn't matter. You can commission active, reserves, or guard, and your previous enlistment contract has no bearing on that decision.

The only time you get forced into a guard/reserves slot is if you take a Minuteman Scholarship, which is a whole different program than SMP.
>>
what infantry duty station should I reenlist for
not including 'go to regiment or sfas'
>>
>>50004140
Air to air will never be used while CRAM is always in need all around the world, by everyone. If you want to devote your time to something worth a damn, go ADA
>>
>>50004421
this nigga baiting hardcore
>>
>>50004140
>>50004523
ADA hates their life
>>
>>50004551
Could you elaborate?
>>
File: AmericanHero.jpg (31 KB, 640x478)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>50002316
>To what I should do to get there and what military branch I have no idea. I'm a total noob to this whole process. Any help, tips, or advice I'll gladly hear out.
OCS/OTS is the longest, most selective, and biggest pain in the ass commissioning method, but since you already have your degree, it's your best option. As far as job, you usually don't get a ton of choice going through OCS for any branch (except maybe Navy I think), but picking branch is more important.

I'd recommend applying for all of them, but it's also good to have an idea of which one you want the most.

If I were to rank them
>Coast Guard
Coast Guard OCS as a civilian is practically a unicorn, but it's a nice gig.
>Air Force/Space Force
Crapshoot right now because they have too many officers overall, but if you can get it, it's nice.
>Navy
Treated like Gods ruling over the enlisted peasants, but most jobs spend a lot of time on a boat/sub.
>Army
Army still sucks, but it sucks a lot less as an O
>Marines
Don't go Marines.
>>
>>50004594
Different anon, but lets say I want to be a Coast Guard officer. Whose dick do I have to suck?
>>
File: fiveFootElevenInches.jpg (482 KB, 980x1474)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>>50002695
All of this is retarded and wrong.
All the current officers refused to leave because covid, and Biden got elected, meaning the glory days of Trump defense spending are over.

That aside, it's really just Air Force rn. The other branches might scale back a little, but Army and Marines still have a piss poor time retaining officers because a large chunk of them can make the same or more with far less bullshit.
>>
>>50004630
You have to be a nigger or you’re not getting in. Not even kidding
>>
>>50004645
Fuck me then, do I get partial points for being a spic?
>>
File: dinosaur.jpg (148 KB, 1047x900)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>50002594
>Unfortunately I think the supplemental board means the low selection rates will trickle over to the next few years, which sucks for me because I'll be a 200 then..
If you're not on scholarship, just enlist Air reserves or Guard and come back later rather than wasting two years of your life just to get non-selected and
>doing it for free
Selection rates might be better by then, and if not, at least the gubiment is still paying for your school.
>>
File: Bootlicker.jpg (61 KB, 500x329)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>50004630
>Different anon, but lets say I want to be a Coast Guard officer. Whose dick do I have to suck?
Go to the Coast Guard Academy. The CG is small enough that they can get pretty much all the officers they need from their academy, which is why they don't have an ROTC program and there's so few OCS slots.
>>
>>50004696
So is the Academy about the same size as the other service academies? Or is it smaller in comparison aswell?
>>
National guard covers tuition in my state but not housing. I want a degree and to become an officer. Would it be smarter to do 4 years first and then another 4 on college after with the gi bill, or just biting the bullet and going guard now knowing I’ll be in debt for housing (but not tuition I guess).
>>
>>50004564
No.
>>
>>50004671
Is it the same situation with other branches?
>>
File: romanRemains.jpg (532 KB, 1600x1190)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
>>50003779
>Does the SMP/rotc option have to be on your reserves contract right as you sign, or could you say transfer to a university with an rotc a year into being in the reserves and then do that option that way?
Both are valid, but if you go to an ROTC detachment and tell them your intentions, they can advise and help you avoid a whole lot of potential red tape.

A lot of the bigger ROTC detachments have their own guard recruiters that work in the same building for that exact purpose. It's a nice gig for them because they pretty much always exceed their recruitment quota.
>>
File: biggy.jpg (9 KB, 197x256)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>50004030
>Is it a better idea to join the reserves if they have a slot for the specific job I want the guard doesn’t
Is it the only job you want? Surely the guard at least has one job you want.

>Ultimately I hope to commission.
Just go guard desu. Whatever job you get, you're only "one weekend a month". Not actually cuz that's a meme, but you won't be working 12s for weeks on end. Not worth the extra expense unless it's a really nice job.
>>
>>50004564
>>50004880
ADA is overworked and plagued with shitty command. Deployments are sparse unless you're in SF support. Most of your time will be spent in the motorpool maintaining your truck. You'll hardly get to go into the field and seeing how it's a small pool, promotions are sparse and competitive.
>>
>>50004767
>So is the Academy about the same size as the other service academies? Or is it smaller in comparison aswell?
I don't know, but the CG is smaller than the other branches.

I'd imagine all the academies are similarish in size.
>>
>>50005008
Cool, thanks
>>
>>50004974
>overworked
>shitty command
>sparse deployments
>motorpool
>competitive promotions
this is what you guys say about every job in the army. tell me why i shouldnt go ADA more so than any other MOS
>>
File: barronTrump2.jpg (57 KB, 1280x640)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>50004860
>National guard covers tuition in my state but not housing. I want a degree and to become an officer. Would it be smarter to do 4 years first and then another 4 on college after with the gi bill, or just biting the bullet and going guard now knowing I’ll be in debt for housing (but not tuition I guess).
SMP and go O as fast as you can.

The cost of housing while you're at college pales in comparison to the opportunity cost of putting off your commission for another four years.
>>
>>50004883
>Is it the same situation with other branches?
What do you mean?
>>
>>50004564
I'm fascinated reading about ADA, it has its own culture and seems fucked up in all it's own special ways

they're isolated from the rest of the army and have their own shitty deployments that are constantly rotated.
>>
>>50005070
This doesn't like enough to be advised against it though
>>
>>50004974
Curious as to why promotions would be hard to get. If the job is that shitty, I'd imagine retention rates would be equally shitty, no?
>>
after I outprocess from the unit s1 do I still need to show up to PT?
>>
>>50004517
Are you airborne? Where ya coming from?
>>
I'm a prior service Marine 0621 Sgt. I've been out for a few days over two years now and am considering starting a new game+ in the Army. I've looked an read the 'business rules' for prior service in the Army and am MORE than fine with changing my MOS to 13F or something similar in combat arms. I am not currently collecting ANY VA disability, and have a good reenlistment code (1A).

Though I have some slight reservations, is it possible to get any guarantees other than MOS as a prior service like Airborne or RASP? What's the process like for some one with a break in service, is there a course or something similar that brings you up to speed on things like drill, ceremony, rank structure ect. before they ship you off to MOS school?

Has anyone here switched branches with a break in service?
>>
Anyone got adivce to prevent side stitches when running for basic? Currently find keeping pace is best, but not a hard and fast way to keep the pain at bay (pardon the pun).
>>
>>50005337
Until the day, you OFFICIALLY DETACH according to your orders, you are still on the morning report and should show up to work/formations/pt.

Like, if you're picking up your DD-214 same day, fuck it call your NCO and sleep in but if you're about to head to another unit there's no reason to start being a shit bag now.
>>
>>50002316
Go take your mcat and go to medical school for free while you get paid officer pay.
>>
>>50003230
Its not "typical" to list 8 jobs, its a requirement. Have fun ending up open general and picking at boot camp.
>>
>>50003779
No, SMP is very specific because it lets them put you in a needs of the unit job in case you fuck up in rotc and end up staying enlisted.
>>
>>50006452
The amount you need to list depends on your recruiter and location actually. Some have 8, some places have more, others less.
>>
>>50004030
Or....go reserves SMP, enlist in random, but have school for free and guarantee you become an officer....
>>
>>50004421
If under 23, enlist and go west point. If over, rotc SMP option so you can add uni girls to the rotation.
>>
>>50006302
How you should go about this is to research and pick an MOS that you know has empty slots for rasp and airborne such as 35F. That way when youre at AIT and talk to the rasp recruiters they will be like oh shit we can NEVER fill 35F slots at regiment due to it being filled with lazy fucks cruising their 3 year contracts for that SCI clearance and dipping out to go contractor. Not saying go 35F, but ive seen the list of wanted mos for rasp, and it was on their along with 35P. Im sure you can google the current list of needed mos for regiment. That way when you process through and see your slim pickings you can go oh shit that one was on the list, reserve it.
>>
>>50006369
Stretch you hip abductors and psoas.
>>
>USMC Air Support/Anti-Air Warfare
I can sign up for this without having worry about being something lame like air traffic control right?
>>
>>50006425
Wait what the fuck? Really? How how of a score do they want? 90th percentile?
>>
I've enlisted and leaving in a few weeks. Question about medical/dental coverage. I plan on getting dental implants eventually, hopefully sooner than later. Is it possible to have an Army dental MOS perform the all on six procedure? Very random question but I figure I'd take a shot in the dark about it. I've had very bad dentists in the past and would trust an Army personnel compared to what I've had
>>
The poke will be mandated by the military & soon all other branches too.
Your death injection is here.
Take a stand and say no.
You all say no & they have to deal with it.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2021/07/01/prepare-for-mandatory-covid-vaccines-in-september-army-tells-commands/
>>
>>50006682
I worked with the Air Support Element and in general the Marine Air Ground Control Detachment for the MEU.

I was a Radio Operator for the S-6 of the Det and the usual augment to the detachments MMT section (Marine Air Traffic Control Mobile Team) don ask questions that's what the acronym stands for

Air support and Anti-Air warfare covers a JOB FIELD in which there's quite a bit of diversity.

What I CAN TELL YOU is that a lot of the jobs, involve being stuck in a MASS squadron and they FUCKING SUCK DICK.

The ASE (Air support element)'s job is to basically do area/procedural control of aircraft over the battle space. MMT does direct control (i.e. controlling LZ's so the aircraft don't fucking crash into each other) The other MOS's in that field involve like Radar work and LAAD.

LAAD is budget infantry, but there's no guarentee you'll get that.

Take my advice Futenma and MASS-2 are fucking shitholes, you dont want to be there when you could luck out and be on Foster.
>>
>>50006881
this is an old article, even states in there that it's not mandatory
>“As a matter of policy we do not comment on leaked documents. The vaccine continues to be voluntary,” said Maj. Jackie Wren, an Army spokesperson. “If we are directed by DoD to change our posture, we are prepared to do so.”
I'm not vaccinated by choice do to my concerns with the experimental vaccine and was told there would be a quarantine period. Stop spamming fud
>>
>>50006918
>fud
If it's old than great.
If it's not going to be mandated than great.
Do you actually think they're not going to force this?
>>
>>50005120
Okay then. Why don't you go enlist with an ADA contract and get back to us? Faggot.
>>
>>50006996
no I don't, it was something I was concerned about but from my experience with individuals through the enlistment process, they were the most level-headed I had come across over the past several months which gave me confidence. I thought I'd get quipped when I mentioned I hadn't received the vaccine but they didn't give it a second thought and proceeded with what my action steps were because all they're focused on is getting what needs to get done finished and onto the next objective.
>>
>>50006302
You may be able to get an Op4 or Op40. If you don't, you will definitely the opportunity to volunteer in basic and AIT. Airborne School you can volunteer for RASP as well.

There sometimes is a course, but generally not. Your recruiters may have a course for you that'll be similar to the delayed entry program.

Also the MOS they offer you is on a case by case basis. You may qualify for all these jobs, but they may only offer you 1 or 2.
>>
>>50004551
They're fun to deploy with, though. Just prior to us moving out to Fallujah, we were stuck in Camp Stryker with 3-82 FA and 4-5 ADA, all tasked under 2 Bde 10th Mtn until we jumped. We'd all been in country for like 11 months by then, 10th Mtn had been there like 3 weeks, and they were clueless as fuck and freaked out about everything. Apart from the spotty-as-fuck Brigade comms, our primary means of contact with higher was this 'mandatory' IRC ripoff program they demanded every TOC and CP be up on 24/7. We would relentlessly troll the fuck out of them on it every night because they fell for the simplest of baits every time. 4-5 ADA was particularly vicious about it because they weren't even part of our actual Brigade, just some guys on Stryker that got dumped onto 10th Mtn's lap, same as we were until we got the move order to get out from under them. Common cause in hating 10th Mtn made them our bros.
>>
>>50006783
You're fully covered for dental in the Army. They'll do whatever work you want them to, so long as your chain of command makes allowances for your recovery time. I'd recommend getting anything dental you need done while you're in, because once you're out the VA won't do shit for dental unless you've got 100% disability rating.
>>
>>50007130
awesome! Thank you! looking forward to getting my confident smile again after a decade without one. Beware of bungie chords ;)
>>
I saw a specialist at the PX with this unit patch and a full beard and longish hair, I thought everyone who passes selection was automatically promoted to SGT? Are there exceptions?
>>
>>50007311
It was probably a POG enabler. I was a graphic illustrator in a Psy Op Battalion that made pamphlets and I had relaxed grooming standards when I deployed with SF. That was the same unit patch I wore.
>>
>>50007279
The only thing I'm not certain about is whether or not they'll try and classify implants as cosmetic surgery. They'll still do it, there just might be a waiting list for it.
>>
>>50007378
combat deployment or forward deployment? this was in korea that I saw him
>>
>>50004594
Excellent compilation. We need more like these.
>>
>>50007405
I've never had insurance honestly and expect to pay for any work. The luxury for me is having trustworthy pro to handle the job.
>>
>>50007311
>>50007378
Deployment patch or unit patch? And you sure it was a USASOC patch and not a Group patch?

As SF or SOF in Korea you generally won't get relaxed grooming standards. Pretty odd, but technically not impossible for them to pull off.

USASOC will consistently rotate to Korea, they have the same obligations as Big Army has. Generally its Group though.

If he is a SPC, guaranteed enabler/support. USASOC is big, there is a lot of units in it that are support.

My guess is maybe 21st or 28th and they fall under SOTF for their deployment. So they decided to wear their patch.
>>
What's the point of joining the US military? To die for Israel? Ridiculous. Money? Get a trade fucking retard. You want to see action and live a disciplined lifestyle? French Foreign Legion has that in spades, and you probably won't have to deal with some butch dyke along the lines.
>>
>>50007538
Yeah, but you'll have to speak French, which is halfway down the path to being a tranny dyke.
>>
>>50004517
Everyone I've spoken to says they had a great time at campbell. Just gotta cross your fingers and pray you avoid 3rd BCT because those autismos are in a constant competition with the 82nd for who can be the gayest pack of moto retards. If it's any consolation everyone I know who reupped for 101st got 2nd brigade myself included so if you go for it now there's a chance you'll go there instead. This is assuming you're a leg and not airborne. I'd suggest alaska if that's the case.
>>
>>50007545
True, but monolinguals are lesser breed anyways.
>>
>>50007563
>willingly speaking a subhuman language not your own
Bilingualism is cancer upon the aorta of the patriotic heart.
>>
no one is impressed that you can speak some gay medshit language, go do some PT
>>
File: reiko-chan.png (81 KB, 200x200)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>50007569
>willingly speaking a subhuman language not your own
Kind of cringe when you consider this is the exact sort of thing anglos advocate for in the first place.
>Bilingualism is cancer upon the aorta of the patriotic heart.
Also cringe. You're just owning up to cognitive inferiority.

All young men should know Latin at least.
>>
>>50007555
Best unit and location for Big Army infantry is most likely 4-25.

Coincidentally, one of the worst units and locations is just north of that, 1-25.

4ID, decent location, bad unit.

101st, crapshoot unit, great location.

10MTN, bad location, crapshoot unit.

1ID, bad location, bad unit.

3ID, decent location, bad unit. Good location for schools.

82nd, crapshoot unit, bad location, good location for schools or looking to SOF.

173rd, crapshoot unit, good location, bad location during corona.

1-509, bad location, good unit.
10MTN at Polk, bad location, bad unit.

2ID, bad unit, crapshoot location.

NTC, bad unit, bad location.

Bliss, good and bad location, fantastic base, bad units.

Can't think of any others right now.
>>
>>50007588
Seethe and Dilate Americuck
>>
>>50007594
Oh, 25ID, great and bad location, crapshoot unit.
>>
>had myocarditis a few years ago
>was in the hospital for a week but told afterwards there would be no lasting effects
Is this something worth lying about? I plan to go for a follow-up scan and will likely be able to get a written doctor's ok, but I feel like it's something that may discredit me.
>>
>>50007600
cope seethe dilate and kys mohammed
>>
>>50007594
To add to that-

TOG, cushy job but terrible fucking unit to be in if you hate ceremonies and joined the infantry to do infantry shit. Avoid at all costs unless you're a crusty NCO/Officer who wants a break. Location can be pretty cool if you like cities and haven't been to DC/arlington before.
>>
>>50007614
if it doesn't cause anything weird with your cardiovascular system just lie about it. That shit will DQ you so fast your head will spin.
>>
>>50007538
I just saw a wallstreetbets post about the FFL. What is it? absolutely don't want to join it but I'm curious seeing it here and there
>>
>>50007589
No one learns Latin anymore, because no one teaches it anymore.
>>
File: ahhhhh.gif (237 KB, 550x400)
237 KB
237 KB GIF
>>50006682
DO NOT JOIN THE FUCKING MARINES!
HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SAID!

NO, NOT EVEN FOR THAT JOB! NOT EVEN FOR THAT BONUS! IT WILL NOT GET YOU LAID! STOP!
>>
>>50007691
The muhreens except de la France. Problably worse.
>>
>>50007064
I'm happy to hear that. It gives me confidence. I'm in the process of going in come another 2 years. It's because my employer has accommodate the national guard.
>>
>>50007644
I feel bad for any poor soul who ended up in the Old Guard. Drill and ceremony is by far my least favorite thing in the military besides people who are anal about uniforms.
>>
>>50007744
why the fuck would anyone not french join that?
>>
>>50007872
Idk, I know the French can join their other services which are probably far better, so no use joining this shit. I imagine if you can't join your own military and/or want to start a new life as a citizen of la France.
>>
>>50007725
but I'm a 5'3" spic who wants to be around other insecure manlets
>>
>>50007040
Sure, I think I will.
>>
>>50007614
Dont worry everyone is getting myocarditis from the vaccine now anyway
>>
>>50007945
If you want to sit around all day, empty out connex containers and serialize the contents multiple times a day. Then yes you should do this MOS
>>
>>50007725
>HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SAID!
New people come in and out of these threads every day
>>
>>50007040
Ok, I did.
Tradoc was toxic as fuck, but thats a given.
SHORAD guys are worthless, the Avenger has never been used, nor the Stinger by Americans. The only useful job for them is having a robot shoot down mortars. Otherwise they larp as infantry.

My entire AIT class went to Korea. My battery is super laid back.

Another Damn Army seems to be in my favor in this case
>>
>>50007644
Trust me, it's hell. I'm the anon going to 2BCT at campbell and I worry a lot about being a retarded fuck when it comes to infantry shit because all I've been doing here is drill and ceremony. We barely do any tactical training or field time.
>>
>>50008092
>>50007848
meant to reply to you
>>
>>50008092
I'm the 11B, airborne and more guy and I have responded to you a lot. How have you not PCS'd yet its been like forever lol. Have you been studying?
>>
>>50008015
Were you a CRAM operator? Or if not how much did you know about them? Are you recommending the branch and is there anything to warn about?
>>
>>50008092
when I was in 1sbct 25id we had a guy come from the old guard. I don’t remember anything significant about him so that’s a good thing, as nothing he did stood out as retarded
>>
Anyone here in the Coast Guard Reserve?
>>
11B, multiple deployments, schools, and what not. Been responding to random shit for a while and in this current thread too. Ask away. Can answer a lot more than just 11B too.

>>50008118
Not that guy, but every CRAM overseas was operated by a contractor. With a random OIC who basically only signed for it whenever they came in theater.

ADA isn't as cool as it sounds conceptually. Maybe in WW3 an Avenger platoon might be cool, but yeah, probably not.
>>
>>50008110
TOG does this great thing where they put a whiskey code on you when you get there and hold you for a minimum of 3 years before you can PCS. My report date is in september next year so I am going to take the max amount of PCS leave I possibly can to shorten that timeframe as much as possible lmao

And yes, I've been studying. I'm just neurotic about letting my guys down because I've passed my board and will be pinning E5 before I get to 101.
>>
>>50008154
Where did you deploy
>>
>>50008123
From what I hear people who work with TOG babies is that we're either really squared away or autistically retarded. I'm hoping to be the former
>>
>>50008218
Afghanistan twice, Iraq/Syria once.

>>50008212
Ah, had no idea they lock you in with an ASI/SQI.

I really think you'll be fine. You have a ton of time. Really I'd try my best to get your short tab before since you have an entire year. And once you get that you generally you will have a 'pick a school' offer by your command. I'd recommend RSLC or BMMC.

But if you don't get around to that, learn the Ranger tables. Go to the Facebook page and its on its sharedrive thing to download.
>>
what's the comfiest MOS for a /fit/ brainlet?
>>
>>50008270
meant for >>50008154
>>
>>50008263
I've been going to pre-ranger every month to try and score a slot but they like to give them to NCO's as opposed to joes. It is what it is but I've got my nose to that grindstone pretty hard. I'll give those tables a look though, thanks for the info.
>>
>>50008270
Any support job really. They have fixed hours and way more free time than combat job shenanigans. Most of the jacked of the most jacked dudes while I was in Big Army were POGs. Having a fixed schedule allows you to cycle gear a lot too, so that's a big reason why too.

If in SOF though, you're fine with anything. Unless you're a tabless 11B/C in batt.
>>
>>50008295
Damn they have a whack ass preranger program then. Most are if you pass you go, and if you don't have a slot you still go for a walk-on.

101st has a great pre-ranger program right now so definitely go there if you haven't been able to go by then.
>>
>>50008263
Did you get into combat in Syria?
>>
>>50008270
Any non-combat job. Combat jobs have very irregular training schedules and you get irregular meals and sleep. Support jobs are much more stable and you’ll be able to have better meals and work out times
>>
>>50008303
If I can only run a few miles at a 7:30 pace will I struggle during group runs at SOF units?
>>
>>50008325
They do give slots to joes but it's rare. TOG has a big issue with how they want themselves to be perceived and commanders don't like it when you've got tabbed E4's marching at ceremonies next to tabless NCO's. If you thought politics were bad in other units, TOG is like the popular pretty girl in HS who's obsessed with her image to the point where she'll fuck down other kids to seem better.
>>
>>50008303
>>50008363
>any support job
are there any support jobs that brainlets should avoid? like medic or tech shit etc
>>
>>50008367
Yes but you probably won't be at the back of the pack. I suggest you get that time down to 7 mins or faster. Just work on hill sprints, 60/120s, and incorporate one day where you run far at a slower pace than normal.
>>
>>50008379
Do supply. You don’t have to be smart to do supply. That is where all of the black people go. Supply is the blackest MOS by far
>>
>>50000000
Guess I missed it...
>>
>>50008348
Yes, but nothing wild. I was working under a different than usual situation. A lot of mortars used though.

>>50008367
Really is a case by case basis. If you are only Group Support, it won't be intense or anything. Or it could be. Who knows.

Most SOF units don't do traditional style PT, but it isn't out of the question of course. My SOT-A buddies worked out with their ODAs or on their own and they worked out hard.

>>50008375
Yuck, makes sense. Politics is everywhere, Big Army and even in SOF. Just human nature really.

Are you promotable? Whats taking so long to get to BLC?
>>
>>50008379
>>50008397
This guy isn't wrong. Even S1 would be a decision too. But your daily job can drain folks so do choose wisely.

Medical can be hit or miss, the vast and large majority of 68W are admin clerks, little tip there for anyone considering it. Which contrary to S1 jobs, tend to work shitty hours.
>>
>>50008417
I'm promotable, but they don't want to send me to BLC just yet because we have some ceremonies coming up that I "totally need to be there for bro, cmon bro we need you for this DA and SGO bro you're good at marching please"
>>
>>50006751
Look at the usuhs link the other anon posted. Its uniformed health university...something. im not googling it for you. No joke, medical is always undermanned. If you went to an air force recruiter you could be pushed through asap. In terms of quality of healthcare its navy then army then air force. Air force is bottom because of all the malpractice and surgical fuck ups. However, air force is the most lax and you will barely notice youre in the military, plus you can work a civilian job to pick up clinic hours and rack up extra pay from the side gig. Navy will be the most professional and have the most military tradition. I wouldnt even look at army.
>>
>>50008439
You need to link in with your schools guy and line up a date under their noses. Surprised branch hasn't slotted you themselves on ATRRS. Thats how all my NCO courses have happened.
>>
>>50008118
Not CRAM, Patriot.
ADA isnt as bad as people make it out to be. Tradoc was awful, but unless you go intel its all awful.
I was going to opperate the CRAM as a 14G but that got bumped to a 14H due to MEPS shenanigans. I dont regret it a bit.
I think ADA is a good fit.

And as far as this guy says >>50008154 he is right. SHORAD doesnt do shit, but then again, we are peacetime.

If you want to go SHORAD, try your luck, but for 40 years people sat in their avengers doing not their job, they'll be sitting in their strikers not doing cool shit for another 40.

TL;DR
ADA not so bad. SHORAD lots more work for 0 payoff. Go HIRAD, then you can to to THAAD.
>>
>>50008454
If they don't want me to go after these next ceremonies I'll just say fuck it and do that. Right now my only problem is I'm still here for a long-ish amount of time so if they get pissy and start playing fuck fuck games with me, it could really fucking suck. My company command has a bad rep for shitting on dudes who don't follow the unit zeitgeist to the T.
>>
>>50008439
>promatable
To CPL hahaha. Im so glad i snuck into online blc last december and picked up E5. Its fun watching all the E4s who were procrastinating picking up E5 get shoved into CPL.
>>
>>50008494
I don't see why no one wants to be a corporal
>oh noooo I have to lead PT and formations
seems like a good thing since you have more control over it
>>
>>50008484
Yeah don't burn bridges, I did that once and it backfired on me. Granted they were doing some heinous shit in their command and luckily got away from it, had it moved further it would've been a can of worms but I would've ended up on top.

Just an unnecessary struggle though.

My advice for you is keep going for a short tab, but also go for all the others. I know airborne is probably impossible, but try for RSLC, BMMC, AASLT, Pathfinder, Sniper, etc.
>>
>>50008444
>Air force is bottom because of all the malpractice and surgical fuck ups.
Lmao what?
>>
>>50008517
I loved CPLs back in the day, they would add to the list of folks who did CQ and SD, lol.
>>
>>50008555
Another benefit, less time in the MP more time chilling inside with your laptop playing vidya
>>
>>50008551
Air force nurse officer here. Back in 2018 when all the mil branches medical combined and fell under DHA, they had a 10 year study with numbers of malpractices, successes, etc. Really opened my eyes on how shit my medical folks are. Ill give you one sort of example. If you were a doctor or BSN holding RN straight out of school, you could go straight to an air force recruiter and they would have you in uniform and at your first duty station in less than 3 months. No officer training no nothing. Literally straight off the street and seeing patients day one. No probationary period, nothing. If a surgeon you start out as a major, if a normal doctor you start out as a captain, if a nurse you start out as a 2nd lietenant. You would go to officer training school about 3-6 months later depending on school availability. Fun thing, dental surgeons come in as LT colonels.
>>
is going to the sof/ranger recruiter the best way to get out of a shit unit?
>>
>>50008692
Easier to talk to you career manager for your mos and ask what slots are available at different units.
>>
>>50008456
Do you get a CDL if you're in the 14 series?
>>
>>50008270
Track mechanic if you want to lift while you work, plus the perks of having tankers and in-the-know scouts loving you.
>>
>>50008092
hey I'm in the exact same boat as you
RPT was utterly retarded this morning
>>
Can you submit packets simultaneously for different branches, in regards to OCS/OTS?

I'm trying firstly for Navy OTS. Though I think I would be willing to try the Army and NG.
>>
>>50008517
CPLs get thrown under the detail bus by E-5s that don't want to pull Staff Duty or be NCOIC of a Connex layout. I saw how the one CPL in my company was treated and was happy to jump to SGT from SPC over that shit.
>>
>>50008692
Yup, any packet MOS too.

Batt requires command approval so unless you can win that battle you're fucked.
>>
>>50008596
Maybe, if you're not getting fucked out of your weekend or being the shuttle for the drunks that call in to CQ from prison.
>>
>>50008753
wouldn't I have to wait until my reenlistment window for that?
>>
>>50008686
Wait but what would lack of military training have to do with medical malpractice?
>>
>>50002971
>not wanting 7th
nice way of outing yourself as a commo dweeb
>>
>>50008858
There is a reason that JSOC picks the best surgeons in the military, and they are all Army and Army Reserves.

>worked with a metric fuckton of GHST
>>
File: 1626630430724.png (5 KB, 100x100)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
thoughts on being stationed at ft. waynewright?
>>
>>50009171
Wainwright you mean.

Well, unless you are an avid outdoorsman....dogshit.

425 is the better spot.
>>
>>50008154
I'm going to MEPS on thursday, also taking ASVAB same day. Was looking into 74d, feel interested in it. Know what I'd be in for besides what summaries on the army website say?
>>
>>50008138
…why?
>>
>>50007538
Some people just want to do it. Dunno why some people get a stick up their ass over this so bad. Sorry you lack commitment for four years of dedicating to something, I guess?
>>
>>50009537
Try to get airborne and then kill yourself when you don't get orders for Group or CRT.
>>
11B douche here again, sniper, a whole lotta schools, lotta deployments. Ask away.

>>50009537
Don't do it.

If you really want to work CBRN, go EOD and try out for 21st.
>>
>>50007064
Dude this is the military they lock people in asbestos basements for years and then pikachu surprise face when people get lung cancer or some shit and shit like that. Don’t put that past them
>>
>>50006477
You can do that in the guard too. Except reserves don’t cover jack shit compared to the guard so it’s almost always the better option

>>50006464
No to which point exactly?
>>
>>50009710
>>50009709
Feels like no matter what, I should just start out 11B and I can just do everything under that.
>>
>>50009742
I mean you can do that for sure. Whats your ambitions though?
>>
>>50009742
i hope you just aren't looking at the fun cqb/range training that you get to do every other month if you're lucky
i hope you're also taking into account the daily 6 mile ruck marches and knee destruction
if you wanna do infantry shit and just infantry shit, try national guard and just go to fucking school
>>
Is it better to do 20 years and retire or 6 years and then become a contractor? Are there any perks that come with being in the military for a long time?
>>
>>50009906
20yrs gets you around 40 to 60k a year, free health, dental, and life insurance for life too. Get out at around 38 to 46yo, then stack another retirement on top of it.

I am 11B guy, plan is finish my 20 and be out at 42yo. Move federal and stack another by 62yo. Estimate making 120k-ish a year without even including my Roth IRA, TSP, and other shit.

I think its worth it. The main reason I did this type of work was for ambition and fulfillment.

>>50009877
I ruck 6miles a day with 60lbs, that isn't why your knees hurt. Your knees hurt because your body overcompensates on different areas because it worries more for your spine than it does your knees. If you weren't bitchmade and actually deadlifted you'd be fine.
>>
>>50009963
why not just do 30+ and retire as SMA at that point? is it really worth it working at the post office for 20 years for another check every month if you have to keep working until you're 62?
>>
>>50009831
Hard to put some of it into words. I've been miserable in every job I've had so far, I've gotten a 2 year degree in something I also hate straight out of high school. I don't know what I want in life but I'm not wasting it away at a desk getting sores on my ass from sitting too long, or working a low end job with 0 benefits for 0 money. I don't really plan on going back to school honestly.
>>
>>50009963
>deadlifted
Meme exercise for insecure manlets
>>
>>50009992
Your average person retires around 60 to 65, so not sure what your point is. I will have 2 retirements when most have 1.

I plan on going warrant or green to gold if my ambitions don't pan out.

>>50010004
I think you'll be fine in the military, but by ambitions I mean what exactly do you expect and want from service.

I'm not a recruiter, but I am a firm believer that service is a great way to be productive in life.

I am trying to steer you toward a job you'd enjoy.
>>
>>50010016
Deadlift =/= manlet. Weird take. Probably trolling.

2 areas that are the most prone to injuries working in SOF and combat gigs are
>shoulders
>spine

Deadlifts develop every muscle group in your spine; from lower to upper back. It is literally the best lift anyone can do in a gym. It is the most important lift.
>>
Hey guys, so here’s my situation and my goals, please tell me if they’re obtainable or not

>24 years old
>working as a paramedic in a violent city, lots of first hand experience treating GSWs, traumatic hemorrhages, multi-system traumas and the like
>have a stable, ‘healed’ L2 vertebrae compression fracture that doesn’t bother me
>in very solid cardiac shape, do 20+ mile day hikes 2-3 times per month and rock climb regularly
>about an associates worth of college credits, bailed on my degree program when I decided I didn’t want to go into the field (law enforcement)
>no legal issues at all
>dad was Army COINTEL from the mid 90’s to ‘06, multiple deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq, talks about Camp Victory in ‘03 a lot
>mom is a naturalized US citizen from the UK

I’m strongly interested in the Green Berets, if I can’t become a GB then some sort of SF attached medical service would be satisfactory for me. Are these goals reasonable?
>>
>>50010095
11B guy here. Worked in a lot of different areas. Worked with a lot of GHOST in deployments.

You are a great candidate, an ideal candidate really if all of this is true. 18X or 68W with Option 40 is my suggestion. Even a Civil Affairs contract too.

You have a wider scope when working mil medicine. I as an NREMT-B can cric folks if I am the only one up for instance. I also sort of recommend PA program down the line too, the Army has a great program for it.

Whats your ambitions though, medicine, cool shit, mix of both?
>>
>>50010035
For that, I guess I expect a purpose and what I want is still unknown. Browsing for an MOS I'm interested in nothing really popped out at me, I gave 35L, 74D, and 11B as my interested ones to my recruiter. Though 74D is the least appealing one to me.
>>
>>50008788
Fuck RPT. Fuck the rehearsals that go from just 1 rep to 3 or 4 because one dude can't get it right. Fuck standing during the Milley Minute. Ffffuuuuuck the goddamn lights in C hall and all the ceremonies in the middle of the summer on summeral field. Also, fuck the stupid ass tomb wreaths where you have to be up at 4am to rehearse and make sure the joint service chodes aren't gonna fuck it up and then you stand around for an extra hour because the fucker who was supposed to lay the wreath is late. Goddamn I cannot wait to get the absolute fuck out of this shit ass irrelevant unit.
>>
>>50010138
Don't do 74D, do not do it.

Honestly shoot your most hollywood cringe ass ambitions, I can help guide you. Its hard for folks who don't understand how mil works to know what they want or getting into.
>>
>>50010137
The wider scope of medicine is really appealing to me, basically I’d like to spend the rest of my 20’s in the service, and from 30 on become a nurse, then specialize into ECMO and become a contracted ECMO specialist for an ambulance company, the one my service
uses is literally two people and they make 15k per transport

What I’m concerned about is my qualifications being ‘lost in the wash’terms of day to day job duties, outside of medications I don’t do much more than I did as an EMT-B. How are my qualifications factored into selection for SF? I’ll be honest, if I can’t get Green Berets or SF attached medical then I’d consider the whole thing a waste of time. I genuinely thank you for the informed response.
>>
>>50010166
Want to say I am fully aware I have an autistic selection. I haven't had cringe hollywood expectations, was just talking to some friends who are currently 11B and they gave me a rundown of it. They're the main reason its my primary consideration. 74D and 35L is mostly filler, only other one I actually gave consideration was 12B. Today I also got a barrage of advice from people at work either telling me to go airforce or muhreens instead.
>>
>>50010220
11B guy again.

When it comes to 18X, your previous life doesn't come into factors, but it does at the same time. Basically the way cadre interpret you is based off of anecdotal notes that are formulaic. An example would be:
>candidate presents unnecessary anxiety

I won't go further due to NDA, but there is keynotes to put down. RI's have a similar system.

HOWEVER; curious cadre will pull up your ERB and what not to make sure they have a good evaluation of you. And your previous work experience could come up in that manner.

Once you get your long tab, your previous work experience will shine. If you get 18D you will work as a pseudo trauma nurse in Flint, Michigan. And I think Tampa and Virginia too.

Honestly man, if you really have worked GSW's and all those shenanigans in a rough area, I would point you toward 18X. Face value you are a good candidate.

But medical for SF isn't the only option. Arguably batt 68W are at the leading edge. In batt we have ROLO and freeze-dried plasma as our more modern innovations. To my knowledge this is unheard of civilian counterparts.

There is also GHOST, which is heavily reserves.

And also SOAR.

A lot of good places for medical in the Army.
>>
>>50010095
>Camp Victory in ‘03
Oh hey, I was there then. Ended up on Victory (North), which got re-named several times before finally becoming Camp Liberty.
>>
>>50009171
The 19Ks I served with either loved it or loathed it. I never went myself, it was on my Don't Wanna Go There list, same with Korea.
>>
>>50010249
11B nerd here again.

What units/locations are they at?

35L is a fantastic MOS, I recommend that for sure. But if you want to do hoodrat shit, 11B is the way to go, but it does have its shittiness.
>>
File: blackDoctor.jpg (141 KB, 1597x1066)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>50008444
>Navy will be the most professional and have the most military tradition. I wouldnt even look at army.
Usually I'd agree, but military doctors are barely military at all, regardless of branch. Besides wearing the uniform sometimes, it's entirely it's own thing.

I'm pretty sure there's little difference between being a Navy, Air Force, or Army doctor. This is from the outside looking in, but medical officers are pretty much treated like civilian contractors that you have to salute.
>>
>>50010306
1st is in Germany, 2nd is in Kurdistan. 1st friend was originally 18x but didn't get his wings. Was told 35L is rare to get even with a good score, I can get a 101 ST no problem. What can you tell me about that one? All I find are brief summaries, so I haven't given it a whole lot of though.
>>
File: chadScout.jpg (39 KB, 400x394)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>50008794
>Can you submit packets simultaneously for different branches, in regards to OCS/OTS?
I know you can start the process. I'm not sure how far you can go with on process before you have to drop the others, but it's probably pretty far.

OCS is a long competitive process. It would be asinine to make someone spend over a year waiting for results just to reject them and move onto the next branch. It would take the better part of a decade to apply to each branch.
>>
>>50010376
35L is counterintel, you generally work a lot of investigations, mostly small time. You are a federal LEO, and you work hand in hand with federal agencies. This depends on location and unit.

The worst end of it is briefing a lot, but still in civilian clothes and facial hair.

More than that isn't opsexy. It's a good gig.
>>
>>50010274
I sincerely appreciate the advice thank you, I know that anyone who’s been there would tell me to stay the hell away but really I’m looking for a specifically combat focused role. I’ve been debating it with myself for almost 6 years now and I think it’s where I should be. With that in mind 18x sounds like the correct path?

>>50010285
There’s a story he’s sort of avoided fully telling but has hinted towards when he drinks. Something about insurgents blowing the wall, most likely in 03? He’s old now and sadly dementia has taken most of him so I can’t get more specifics, but he said it never made the news in the states and the breach was near where the SF guys were bunked. Does this ring any bells at all? He spoke very very little about his time in the service and I want to know for the sake of the family history.
>>
>>50010425
Yeah of course man. You seem level headed and a good candidate. I think 18X or 68W with Option 40. Basically the question is:

Do you want to do combat cool stuff with a little taste of medical?
Or
Do medical cool stuff with a little taste of combat?
>>
File: f35.jpg (621 KB, 2290x1199)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
>>50009906
>Is it better to do 20 years and retire or 6 years and then become a contractor?
Never do a 6 year contract.
In the military, there are only three options that make any sense.
>4 years
>20 years
>Until you fall over and die
Anything else is a meme.

You get most of your benefits that matter at the four year mark. You get the rest at twenty. If you're in it to win it, then you keep going until they kick you out or tell you you'll never promote again.

Some jobs have absurdly long service commitments, and you should think long and hard before you take those jobs. Pilots have 12+ year commitments, so you'll be over halfway to retirement before you even have the chance to consider getting out, so you might as well push through.
>>
>>50010425
The guys we did right-seat ride with from 2-81 Armor said early Victory was a mess they had to spend a lot of time outside the wire terrorizing the locals about every time there was an incident. By the time my unit got there, they'd cleared a 400-meter kill zone around the perimeter and plopped a berm around it all. Given the sheer size of the greater Camp Victory/BIAP area, I wouldn't have been surprised in the slightest if they'd had security issues for months while they got it locked down. There were enough Texas Ts around the area that it's very conceivable some wall got taken down and then plugged later with what the engineers could get in place.
>>
>>50010449
8 years, minimum. That gets you off the IRR rider in the small print of your initial contract.
>>
>>50010416
Alright, I'll think on it. Thanks for the help dude.
>>
>>50010095
why did you bail on law enforcement?
>>
>>50010467
Sure thing. Between those choices, only 35L or 11B. I have a sweetspot or bias for 11B, but my experience in it isn't the norm. 35L is an awesome MOS.

Good luck.
>>
>>50010449
>Never do a 6 year contract.
CTNs have a 6 year contract, some mos are 6 years because of long pipeline.
>>
File: based.webm (2.86 MB, 480x262)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>50009992
>why not just do 30+ and retire as SMA at that point?
You will know decades ahead of time whether you have a realistic shot of ever making E-9. If you aren't sucking the right dicks at E-6, it will be pretty apparent what rank you're retiring at.

I know a few individuals who refused to see the writing on the wall and kept charging ahead despite going over a decade without promotion. Learn to quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>50010416
PowerPoint rangers…
>>
>>50007538
In all seriousness, what's with all the shilling post 2020?
>>
>>50010447
I take a lot of pride in my professionalism, I like to think the couple years I spent working car sales gave me a solid amount of interpersonal and negotiation skills lmao. That’s a pretty scary question to really consider the ramifications of, I have to say though that I’m more interested in combat operations than specifically medical. An RN isn’t too difficult to get from scratch as a civilian so I’m not too worried about picking up med qualifications in the service, I just would want to leverage my experience as a boon for SF selection. My biggest fear is going 18x and washing out into some horseshit job for 4 years.

>>50010457
Sounds like something he was involved with, he has specifically mentioned putting boot to doors but the PTSD hit hard and I was never able to get much detail. The thing that’s confused me most is that he always SWORE that he was given a Browning Hi-Power as a sidearm, every time I’ve mentioned it in other mil discussions people have called it bullshit, but I know my dad and I know that’s not a lie. I doubt I’ll ever get the full story but early 00’s sound like a real shit time to be in Iraq, thank you for your perspective it really helped me fill in the picture
>>
>>50010505
>given a Browning Hi-Power as a sidearm
Depending on his job, it's not too outlandish a possibility. Do you know if he was part of a task force working with contractors?
>>
File: chadDisgust.png (415 KB, 762x548)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>50010462
>8 years, minimum. That gets you off the IRR rider in the small print of your initial contract.
Nigga, what the fuck are you talking about?
The IRR doesn't mean anything. The last time it was used was Desert Storm, and even then, it was a fraction of the available pool.

Why would you do another four years AD just to avoid the fucking IRR?
>>
>>50010475
I don’t think I have the temperament for it to be honest. When I’m duty bound to hold my tongue and I have a hostile interaction with a person it tends to get under my skin for a long while. For example about 2 weeks ago I was gassing up my ambulance and a guy at the gas station was threatening to set me on fire and generally mouthing off because I wouldn’t buy him gas. I still get angry thinking about it. Working LE having to hold your tongue/actions with hostile interactions like that basically everyday would not be good for my long term stress/mental health. I hope that makes sense
>>
File: bleached.png (366 KB, 589x585)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>50010485
>CTNs have a 6 year contract, some mos are 6 years because of long pipeline.
Usually it's because of long, in depth training required for the job, such as nuke, which is a benefit in itself.

I'd still avoid them, but if that's the job you want, then go for it. Enlisting for sic when it's not required, however, is retarded.
>>
>>50010525
After I got out I received dumbass letters from the navy saying that as a member of the IRR I had to fly over to virginia for an annual muster or some shit, can't remember exactly. Fucking clowns lmao, I wonder if anyone ever actually did it or contacted the people to find out more.
>>
>>50010525
Because they were using it when I was in, dragging in 19Ks that got out at 3 and 4 and reactivating them as 88Ms. I know of what I speak, Drago.
>>
>>50010519
He has specifically mentioned being involved with 3 letter agency types. He’s always told me not to go into those because in his words ‘if shit went south they were left dangling’

I really wish I knew more but he never saved anything, no paperwork, uniforms, medals
>>
>>50010505
I think 18X, and even if you don't get selected you do have some leverage. On your preferences, put 18D dead last. In an ODA there is crosstraining, so you being paramedic with experience is a vital asset even if you aren't 18D. Honestly I'd prefer it.

The other option is 68W with Option 40, which is a slot for RASP1. Batt medics we have are beyond fucking exception for combat trauma. Its stupid how good they are.
>>
>>50010542
If that was the case, there's no limit to the possibilities of what he might have drawn from them. Once alphabets get involved, the sky's the limit for what you might see them carrying.
>>
File: chadStatus.jpg (35 KB, 800x802)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>50010535
>Because they were using it when I was in, dragging in 19Ks that got out at 3 and 4 and reactivating them as 88Ms. I know of what I speak, Drago.
The odds of the IRR being used is incredibly rare, and even rarer that you're one of the unlikely bastards selected.
It's not worth worrying about. If you're that concerned about being made a truck driver, then just go guard as soon as you separate AD. But if the IRR is being deployed, you bet your ass AD, guard, and reserves is too.

>After I got out I received dumbass letters from the navy saying that as a member of the IRR I had to fly over to virginia for an annual muster or some shit, can't remember exactly. Fucking clowns lmao, I wonder if anyone ever actually did it or contacted the people to find out more.
I'm pretty certain the IRR can't make actually do anything unless they're calling you up and paying you.
>>
>>50010035
My point is don't the benefits of staying in the Army outweigh what you'd get from being a fat feddie civilian?
>>
Is it true nobody gets deployed anymore, not even SOF?
I'm not joining le military unless there's a chance I can get shot at. I refuse to become my father who never saw combat and is a Fort Hood vet.
>>
File: 0721211227.jpg (2.86 MB, 4000x1760)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>50008773
Is that a trucker loicence? You get certified to move big shit if you are part of Patriot.
Sorry about the delay, .50 cal qual today, even though my grubby pog hands will never touch one again, more than likely.
>>
>>50010529
It makes sense, don't worry. And I don't blame you either. As a man who has done FID (SF's bread and butter) for a living for many years, followed by local LE work after the military, I must inform you that being a long tabber is similar to being a local cop. Not 1:1 ratio of course, but the similarity is significant. Even as an 18D you will have to work with many indigenous forces that are going to piss you the fuck off so try to work on it. Don't let it deter you, if you can handle yourself you'll be fine. I just don't want you to have a rosy imagination concerning SF - you WILL deal with shitty people who hate you, and you will have to suck it up and stay cool. So work on that aspect and you'll be fine. good luck
>>
>>50010544
Understood, I can’t thank you enough for the information. I want to be as prepared, informed, and fit as I can before I even go into the recruiter’s office. By Rasp you’re referring to Rangers correct?

>>50010551
I really really wish I had more information, literally all I have is the drop leg holster he wore which fits a Hi-Power perfectly, and the memory of seeing photos of him in local garb. Thank you for your input, anything that helps me fill in the blanks of his career is appreciated.
>>
>>50010449
im already 3 years into my 6, I'll probably just do 20 since I love the military and also I'm going to be 1/3 of the way there by the time I leave anyway
>>
>>50010559
Well you keep the benefits with retirement. All of the bennies. So then when you stack federal benefits, its a wombo combo.

That make sense?

>>50010565
Just imagine those who joined in 1999 and what they were thinking. Luckily 3y of service guarantees a lifetime of success.

>>50010571
What group? FID and AAA can be a son of a bitch.

>>50010577
Yup 75th Ranger Regiment.
>>
>>50010571
I’m aware that dealing with the locals is an absolute shit show. One sure fire way to spike my dad’s BP was to ask about the local forces lmao. I can get boiling mad inside, but I have never in my life lost my temper or started a fight.

Taking the plunge is extremely intense, but I really appreciate the advice I’ve gotten in this thread. I’ll probably spend a few more months working on fitness and fine tuning my land nav abilities before starting the process.
>>
which duty station gives me the highest probability of meeting girls? I feel like the male:female ratio is pretty bad in most places
>>
>>50010633
Man if you have a hard time meeting girls, its your own fault. You sound like a case of dependa ruining your E3 life.

I am 29yo, I hop on hinge or tinder and I have a hookup available that night. Usually with 19 to 21yo granted.

Also, 11B nerd here. On leave, drinking so buzzed now. Ask away.
>>
Anybody here who got back in service after getting rated 100% by the VA? Or knows anyone who did?
>>
>>50010594
>Luckily 3y of service guarantees a lifetime of success.
No…no it does not.
>>
>>50010730
>>50010633
If you can’t get girls in civilian life joining won’t help either. Don’t fall for that meme

>>50010730
Fatties don’t count.

>>50010746
I see 100% va plates all the damn time in my town. I have no idea how. Don’t know anyone personally.
>>
>>50010746
I've never heard of it happening. To even get to 100% I think you have to be medically ineligible to enlist.
>>
>>50010877
>>50010746
Oops, misread your post. I don’t think that would seem possible.
>>
>>50010035
>but I am a firm believer that service is a great way to be productive in life.
I wish I could say the same. I was a high school dropout working dead end job after dead end job, super disillusioned, believed everything was essentially rigged, loser mentality I guess. Decided to change, got a ged, with good enough scores on it alone with my act got me into a university right off the bat. Went rotc/smp route. Commissioned as an officer. Did my four that way and got out. Nothing has changed since. I found the whole time that serving just validated my originally mentality even tenfold. A lot of pointless work. A lot of office politics and cocksucking. I “achieved” it but it hasn’t given any sense of accomplishment or reward. Ultimately I still feel the same way I did as a directionless high school dropout almost a decade ago now.
>>
>>50010870
Then you fail as a human being. You have 150k of benefits.

>>50010877
Nah back in the day UAA gals, then SCAD gals, then Auburn gals. All thin or thicc. Then now in DC, jesus all the wannabe politics gals from William and Mary and what not.
>>
>>50010894
I will say, ultimately I’m still that same jaded kid from back then, only now since I have a degree and commission people for some reason think I’m any different. It’s just a piece of paper and a job standing between myself now and my loser self back then. I’m not sure whether to just do the 20 or move onto other things at this point.
>>
>>50010906
>Then you fail as a human being. You have 150k of benefits
Guess most enlisted fail as human beings then cause most don’t become or do shit once they’re out.
>>
>>50010894
Hate to say it man. But you are depressed. Get some antianxiety pills because antidepressants are garbage.

You also sound like you didn't anything fulfilling.

It was a common thing early in my career to pull POG officers to watch us on livefires so they could 'feel' the real Army. And all that horseshit. And it enlightened them, it was hilarious how one LFX could brighten their life for years.
>>
>>50010730
>>50010877
im already in i just dont want to hookup with females in the military, i'm not interested in most of them and the pool is disappointingly small compared to college (which was like 65% female for me), maybe i should look into smaller bases that i can go to
>>
>>50010919
You are correct?

SFLTAP is a fantastic program.

Grow up.
>>
>>50010930
Depression is a meme term, anon. Whenever you actually do anything that seems worthwhile or something new, all of a sudden your mood does a 180.. so it’s not like it’s a constant state or some shit. pills won’t do shit to change it either. The only real cure is finding fulfillment in what you do. Which to this point I have not found yet.
>>
>>50010934
MOS?

I had flings a ton with cross branch or other units. But I always had that paranoia. It was fine hooking up with officers though, as I was either junior enlisted to now senior NCO.

I really can't say man, gals will want you or they won't. Just be a stud and be charismatic.
>>
>>50010930
What you mean Xanax? Bro…awful idea. It’s legit better to just have a shot of whiskey every night instead. Anxiety meds will build tolerance in just weeks and withdrawal is gonna happen after taking it for just a week straight. It’s legit not worth.
>>
>>50010951
Nah I agree somewhat. Whats your job?
>>
How do I get a Redd report?
>>
>>50010730
Do you have Discord or something? I wanted to ask some shit ITT but I don't want to get reported
>>
>>50010966
Nah, sorry dawg but I will never associate anything outside of this thread. Can you ask me here?

Also, been in these forums for ages.
>>
>>50010957
I’ve been out a few weeks now and honestly I’ve just had a relapse in a sense, I’m saying all that because I’m literally right where I was as a kid, I’m just getting wasted playing video games lol. Maybe that is just who I am. I could afford to do that for quite some time as I had some decent savings but this also gets boring after a while. I’ve started putting a resume together looking at civilian side jobs, but part of me wants to say fuck it and just go back in.
>>
>>50010978
What was your MOS and RE Code?
>>
>>50009171
Twas my first duty station. Just PCSd from there. 1/25 just came back from Iraq/Syria. Last I heard they were giving lower enlisted soldier BAH cuz the barracks are at max capacity. Units there are notoriously known for being absolute shit. Lots of soldiers kill themselves in Alaska. Just find something to do during the winter other than getting in trouble at the spur
>>
>>50011367
I love cold weather so I assumed it would be epic. Can I still get the arctic tab there.
>>
>>50011375
Yeah you can get the artic tab in wainwright. Obviously only during winter months I think Dec-Mar. it’s also pretty extreme as far as weather goes. It can get below -30 pretty consistently, when I left it was a record breaking winter being below -50 for like 2 weeks straight
>>
>>50009171
That was my duty station!

Cold as fuck. Delta Junction sucks balls more than Fairbanks does. But there is a place near the barracks called The Zone, and I would practically live there when i was off duty. You can sit in lazy boy recliners and play whatever video games you want while you munch on burgers and tendies. Extremely based
>>
>>50011456
were you in deuce four? I was with them for the 2011-12 deployment
>>
>>50011375
Cold up there is a different kind of cold. I thought I was gonna die during ALIT training from just attempting to sleep in my sleeping back. It was so cold that ice was forming inside my bag from just me breathing
>>
>>50011456
meh it was -30 at leonard wood during the forge at basic so ill survive
>>
>>50008263
>Really I'd try my best to get your short tab before since you have an entire year.
What's the big fuzz about going to the Regiment without a tab? Do they not send you once you're already there?
>>
>>50011992
No, quite the opposite- it's just that until you get your ranger tab, you're a second-class citizen at <75>. Like, you will not sit down. You will have to run everywhere. You will get hazed to death. Being a tabless joe at RR is like going right back to the BCT/OSUT lifestyle where you get fucked down every 5 minutes for the fun of it.
>>
>>50012377
But this guys's hoing to show up as an E-5,right? So he can't really get bullied by tabbed SPCs I assume.
>>
>>50002177
>need to lose 20 pound
Should I do keto
>>
>>50013147
>should I cut out empty carbs to reduce calorie intake
absolutely
>>
>>50013147
>>50013258
No, don't do that. That's retarded because carbs are not empty calories they provide you with energy that you need to exercise. What you're thinking about is sugar. You should eat breads and pastas.
>>
>>50013286
>carbs are not empty calories
>what you're thinking about is sugar
smooth brain take. carbs and sugars are the same thing to your body it's all just glucose at the end of the day. it doesnt make a difference if it bread, pasta, or cookies and icecream. cutting carbs will result in fat burn and a massive calorie deficit without too much affect on the musculature. try picking up a chemistry book
>>
>>50013311
>cutting carbs will result in fat burn and a massive calorie deficit without too much affect on the musculature
Big retard moment here. Without carbs to burn your metabolism will turn the next greatest energy source: protein. Protein from your food and protein from your muscles. I know any pseudoscientist that believes in ketosis thinks eating loads of butter and olive oil prevents this process, but it doesn't.

You're so fucking stupid, and this is another affect of a keto diet. You lose your energy and you lose your cognitive ability. On top of that insomnia are widely reported from a no carb diet. All of these things absolutely do not benefit someone wanting to get in shape. So shut your fucking retard mouth.
>>
>>50013346
>accuses someone of pseudoscience then proceeds to spout it himself like gospel
>has no understanding of how ketosis works just has an autistic vendetta against it
>reddit spacing
i think im done with you. you're not worth my time. to answer the other Anon's question, yes you should dude keto, and with extreme prejudice
>>
File: download.png (9 KB, 215x234)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>i think im done with you. you're not worth my time. to answer the other Anon's question, yes you should dude keto, and with extreme prejudice
>>
File: butterface.jpg (125 KB, 720x967)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>50010730
>Man if you have a hard time meeting girls, its your own fault. You sound like a case of dependa ruining your E3 life.
You've clearly never had to PCS to the middle of bumfuck no where. Thousands of identical junior enlisted fighting over the only five fat bitches within a 100 miles of base.

They all end up fucking the shiny butterbar LT still driving his college beater because he has money.

If you think the military will help get you laid, you're in for a big surprise. There's thousands of you on any given base. You're not special.
>>
>>50013409
>reddit spacing and s*yjack
you have to go back
>>
>>50013425
None of that is reddit spacing. It's called a paragraph you fucking mouth breathing dunce. Also, wojak originates from 4chan so how is it reddit? You wouldnt know that because you're a newfag. So stfu you fucking retard.
>>
File: brainChad.jpg (39 KB, 680x838)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>50010919
>Guess most enlisted fail as human beings then cause most don’t become or do shit once they’re out.
The vast majority of the enlisted force is there because they fucked up somewhere and have no other options.

Looking at my NCOs, it's obvious that many of them would be holding lighters and spoons under a bridge if it wasn't for the federal government throwing money at them for the bare minimum.

The most high performing enlisted use the military as a stepping stone into something that doesn't suck and get out after one contract. The retards see their smart friends do this and think they can do it too. They end up panhandling on the side of the road with a cardboard sign that says veteran.

Given every opportunity in the world, and they still fuck it up.
>>
>>50013441
>You wouldnt know that because you're a newfag.
now you're projecting you're autism onto me. it's not going to work. everyone in this thread can see right through it. are you going to stop screeching like a retard in the special ed class caught with his shit in his pants? believe me, i dont mind either way. im actually enjoying watching you make an idiot of yourself in front of everyone
>>
File: a0b.png_large.png (164 KB, 600x900)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>50013476
You neverserved faggots can always be spot a mile away. You talk like a shut-in that lives on crunchyroll. Go outside for a change and stop shitting up the thread.
>>
>>50011992
>>50012377
I'm that 11B guy.

Import NCOs are sent to SURT and then Ranger School immediately after graduating RASP1. In his case, I recommended getting a short tab to get experience before getting on the line. He isn't going to RASP1.
>>
File: armyQuarantine.jpg (370 KB, 1218x1730)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>50010894
>I was a high school dropout working dead end job after dead end job
>Went rotc/smp route. Commissioned as an officer. Did my four that way and got out.
You peaked, and probably should have stayed in.

Sure, it might not have got you very far, but you went a hell of a lot further than you would have anywhere else, and you were making way more than your civilian earning potential.

Officers usually get out because they have a nice civilian contractor job with twice the pay lined up from networking and being good with people. The rest stay in.
You decided to leave with nothing because you're a retard.

If anything, you proved anon's point. You went from being a fast food bitch to a leader of men, and now back to flipping burgers. The military took a loser and gave them the golden ticket, which was promptly thrown away.
>>
>>50013455
Navy vet here: This 100%. My job (running the reactor on a carrier) was a little bit of an exception because the ASVAB requirements were pretty high, so everybody was at least above average IQ, but even then most people were fuckups who couldn't manage to get themselves into college (me included, though i'm doing fine now).
>>
File: MC_SKU_48045_580x.jpg (44 KB, 401x600)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>50013510
>Go outside for a change and stop shitting up the thread
make me faggot
>>
>>50013147
Followed the guide's diet advice?
>>
Help me /meg/, I'm an autistic sperg who has an interview next week. I'm booksmart but I get really nervous when talking to strangers in general. Beat the social anxiety out of me anons.
>>
So how likely is it that the US military has some fat retards set up these threads?
>>
>>50013923
100% not the case. USAREC is so whack. Something like that would require so many memos and what not that it'd be public immediately.
>>
>>50013812
Don't do it over a fourm where you can take your time and BTFO out if you fuck up. Practice face-to-face.
>>
>>50003542
>Muhreens
Good to go?
>>
File: 1608896955725.jpg (60 KB, 640x640)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
what AFSC will get me sent to Japan
>>
>>50014680
Security Forces
>>
>>50014732
fuck you I'm not that schtewpid
>>
>>50014745
>not wanting to be kino

https://youtu.be/qeh8rJNxMds
>>
>>50014760
You look good for a few seconds but you're standing around for hours
>>
>>50010919
>>50013455
Well these people have to have somewhere to go right? Otherwise they'd just end up homeless. This way they have jobs and can die so people worth something dont have to
>>
>>50010568
Sorry I asked because it seems like all the air defense platforms are move on giant trucks
>>
>>50008363
>Combat jobs have very irregular training schedules and you get irregular meals and sleep.
Is this bad if I'm a creature of habit? I want to at least be combat support because if I join a military I want to be a soldier and not an office clerk in a uniform
>>
if i put security forces as my 5th MOS pick am i just going to get thrown into it
>>
>>50015022
Every non-combat job is combat support. The herbivores hate it, but it's the truth. Of the 270-some odd jobs in the Army, only 5 or so are combat arms, and every other job exists to support those 5. There might be friction involved in the procedures, but the fact remains that if the 5 can't do their jobs then everyone else is going to get wrecked, and that unspoken truth lies like a blanket over the entire system.
>>
>>50015022
>I want to be a soldier and not an office clerk in a uniform

If you ain't infantry, armor, artillery, pilot, line medic or special forces, you are a POG. Simple as
>>
>>50015399
>If you ain't infantry, armor, artillery, pilot, line medic or special forces, you are a POG
You’re a POG for saying that. That is such a POG thing to say
>>
Hey, everyone says "Don't go marines." but could I get a quick rundown as to why? I don't have any Hollywood expectations, just the impression of increased standards there both for enlisted and officers, and a significantly greater esprit de corps.
My heart just really says: go be a muhreen
>>
>>50015442
I'm literally going by the army definitions of combat arms. I forgot engineers though
>>
>>50015458
The Corps is okay for one enlistment. Anyone who does more than that is 90 IQ or an officer
>>
>>50015458
Because QOL is the worst out of all the branches, and brainwashing is real. They truly make you believe that you’re elite and a warrior. But after boot and mct, you find yourself working in S6 for a non-deployable HQ unit working night shift answering phones because someone got locked out of their Outlook account, and you really begin to hate your life
>>
>>50015469
POG -Person other than Grunt
Grunt = Infantry

Pilots are grunts, dummy
>>
>>50015469
>>50015500
*are not
>>
>>50015487
Thinking about maybe putting in a packet for OCS after a couple years if I go in. I really don't have the PT for it now, and it's hard enough just getting to the enlistment standard (fat fuck former powershitter)

>>50015489
But if I was going on an 03 contract, wouldn't I actually become that warrior? I mean, I kinda want the brainwashing desu. I just want the brainwashing to be based in reality. I actually want to be a warrior who can fight and win wars.
>>
>>50015559
Well if you go 03 you’d actually be an infantryman and would actually gain grunt experience. Although there is a low likelihood in our current times of you ever deploying. Only other bad thing about being a marine grunt is not many opportunities for schools. A lot of your time after boot camp and soi will be sitting around, cleaning, classes and doing glass house drills. And then going into the field every few months.

When I joined, I signed for 06 comm. I was told I was going to be a radio man. But instead, they made me an IT geek. I was basically Dell help desk, but a marine. Answering phones because someone forgot their password, is too stupid to figure out how to configure their Outlook email, or didn’t try to turn the computer off and then back on. My enlistment was pure bullshit. You know, what made me any better or special in my MOS compared to someone in the Navy or Air Force who did the exact same job as me? Nothing. Same pay, same job. Only I had shittier quality of life. The corps made me bitter as fuck
>>
File: chad11.jpg (57 KB, 415x604)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>50015022
>I want to at least be combat support because if I join a military I want to be a soldier and not an office clerk in a uniform
Then you should've joined 20 years ago.

Everyone is a POG right now; some POG jobs are just more miserable than others, like janitors, which are 11Bs.
>>
File: britcuck.jpg (77 KB, 563x721)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>50015458
>Hey, everyone says "Don't go marines." but could I get a quick rundown as to why?
To put in simple terms, the Marines get 2% of the defense budget.

For comparison, the Air Force (bigger than the Marines, but smaller than the Navy and Army) gets over 30%.

The Marines get such a pittance for a budget that they have to make life so shitty that it forces people out because they can't afford to promote them. This is where the term "Terminal Lance" comes from. The promotion rates are so shitty in some career fields that they spend their whole whole career as a Lance Corporal (E-3).
>>
File: armyBitterness.jpg (100 KB, 768x768)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>50015487
>The Corps is okay for one enlistment. Anyone who does more than that is 90 IQ or an officer
All the branches are fine for one enlistment, but the Marines are objectively the worst of the bunch.

The Air Force is also okay for one enlistment, and it's a hell of a lot better than the Marine Corps.
>>
File: dumb.png (6 KB, 207x243)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>50015559
>But if I was going on an 03 contract, wouldn't I actually become that warrior? I mean, I kinda want the brainwashing desu. I just want the brainwashing to be based in reality. I actually want to be a warrior who can fight and win wars.
It sounds like you already drank the kool aid and nothing we say will make any difference, so go ahead.

Then you can come back here in a year or two and tell everyone how we were right all along.
>>
New thread
>>50015923
>>
>>50015728
Well you know working around military equipment is enough to feel like an army man. Towing humvees, maintaining small arms, being on a vessel. Being stuck in an office filing papers or looking at a screen is lame. I wanna be out working with my hands, making tangible efforts to the force.
>>
What's the maximum weight that I can ship to OSUT at?
I'm 5'11" and hover around 200lb which seems fine. But I'm trying to enjoy some food before having to eat a ton of MREs for 6 months and afraid I'll gain a few pounds. If I'm 205 or under I should be fine right?
I do run 3-5 miles a day too so I shouldn't gain a ton.
>>
>>50015874
>>50015839
>>50015640
Thanks anons!
>>
>>50013511
So if I decide to drop a packet I should wait until I'm an NCO then?
>>
>>50010556
Why the fuck are you posting that no neck weirdo on /k/
>>
>>50013130
Oh yes he can. Tabbed PFC's will dick on him. It's a different world over there.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.