[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bpvest.jpg (22 KB, 474x474)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
I've seen a lot of LARPerators on here that think a bullet proof vest makes a bullet to the chest feel like a light tickle, think again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_oGqYSROgQ
>>
>>49209830
wrong
https://youtu.be/o5f1Fo4r4_I?t=146
>>
literally no one says that. being hit while wearing soft armor is like taking a fastball to the chest.

being hit while wearing HARD armor is a different story.
>>
>>49209852
Anon...you realize hard armor is even worse, right? When the armor is hard, all of the energy is transmitted to your body. Did you not pay attention in physics class?
>>
>>49209852
This right here. Plate carrier is different from bulletproof vest. Funnily, here in NY they are trying to enact legislation to ban bulletproof vests but don’t give a shit about plate carriers.
>>
>>49209875
I know you’re trolling but there are so many anecdotes from troops and sof realizing they have been hit in the plate minutes after it happened, not even feeling it.
>>
>>49209836
you're NGMI
>>
>>49209830
nigger I've literally been fucking shot. hescos will take multiple rounds to the exact same fucking spot and you will keep trucking. don't be a fucking retard. if armor hits made people combat ineffective anyway, no one would wear it.
I'm so fucking sick of the arm chair bullshit.
>b-b-but the internet says you're wrong!
just fucking try it instead of taking other people's word you poorfag piece of shit. a battlesteel jew plate special is like 110 bucks.
>>
>>49209880
I’m assuming the logic is that vests are much more concealable
>>49209875
Shitty bait but it will still get replies
>>
>>49209875
Where does the energy go in soft armor
>>
>>49209896
Do you know what a ricochet or a wayward round fired for thousands of yards is? For every LARP cope like yours, there are hundreds if not thousands of real military and police that were shot at actual combat range with a real full-power weapon (not underpowered handloads to trick the camera) and it was like getting hit with a baseball bat.
>>
>>49209903
> if armor hits made people combat ineffective anyway, no one would wear it.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is still better than being blown to bits and bleeding out, still doesn't change the fact you are going to need to take a breather after getting shot.
>>
>>49209913
Shitty bait, NIJ certified levels of backface deformation does not hurt.
>>
>>49209912
anon, please: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impulse_(physics)

The net force felt all comes down to the time taken to decelerate the bullet. If it hits a soft vest that absorbs the round, it's slowed over a longer interval. Hitting a hard vest, it's slowed almost instantly. Now, a large plate at least will disperse the force, but it's still going to make you say "fuck me that hurt".
>>
>>49209875
Someone post the webm of the cartel bros fucking around, the one dude is popping rounds into the other guy's back plate and he's just standing around like a retard
>>
>>49209932
OK bud, I look forward to attending your funeral if you proceed in combat with that mentality.
>>
>>49209955
Why would the CEO of a company that sells them pretend it hurt worse than it did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTabYM38f5Q

Those are level III vests shot with probably a 9mm BTW.
>>
>>49209932
44mm punching into your chest at many MPH is gonna hurt a bit
>>
File: 1455486816591.jpg (29 KB, 814x270)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>49209830
So, Langley, when can we expect the administration to go after civilian ownership of plates?
>>
>>49209979
have you never played Call of duty?
if you're wearing a vest you won't even really notice you're taking hits until the vest is depleted.
>>
>>49209967
Please stop conflating soft armor and hard armor.
>>
>>49209989
Please take this seriously.
>>
>>49209959
Plates are a backup, you shouldn’t be getting hit anyway.
>>
>>49209927
>Getting the wind knocked out of you is still better than being blown to bits and bleeding out
it's the same difference, in the end.
>still doesn't change the fact you are going to need to take a breather after getting shot.
this doesn't happen, or first man would die every time you kick a door.
>>
>>49209830
the range in that video is literally the second closest one to me
>>
>>49209875
Almost fell for the bait
>>
A lot of the time when I see videos of somebody ignoring rifle fire thanks to their plate they are prepared for it. You can also see war footage of guys getting hit and tripping because they didn't expect it and perhaps got hit in mid-stride by a battle rifle/DMR caliber.
>>
>>49210066
How, how is it the same difference? If you have even one person backing you up or have any cover to hide behind you are way better off getting hit in a vest than bleeding out.

>this doesn't happen, or first man would die every time you kick a door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXqX4vi2lf4 @ 2:20

Real world, real life, no tricks or youtube faggotry. Does that man sound like he's having a good time?
>>
File: 18jwl2.jpg (63 KB, 568x335)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>49210009
This.

While plates are an important part of life-saving equipment, dudes will constantly treat them as though you NEED to have them if you're expecting to get into a fight. They're fuckup insurance and cover like 15% of the surface area of your body. To have a plate save your life means your opponent has to aim well enough to hit center mass, so assuming you're getting into pitched firefights against people as well armed as you, a more lifesaving strategy other than arguing about ceramic squares with internet strangers would probably research some movement strategies and cover techniques that don't involve you peeking your (unarmored) head and limbs into the line of fire.
>>
>>49209907
The logic is, they eat away at your rights one piece at a time. After banning soft armor, they can then go “Look, we already banned soft armor, plate carriers are a loophole, and it’s only common sense to make sure people are not skirting our laws.”
>>
>>49210122
Looked like just a small caliber handgun, too, I'd hate to see what a rifle shot would do.
>>
>>49210161
the 15% of your body that will kill you, period.
your heart and lungs getting poked is very, very difficult to survive, retard.
>>
>>49210407
The idea is you don't get shot in the first place.
>>
File: 1614567865232.jpg (123 KB, 852x1024)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>imagine owning plates
>I mean, who really NEEDs plates
>if you were smart, you'd just like, not be getting shot at and comply with the fed, uh, attacker's demands
>>
>>49210211
checked and jews jewin
>>
>>49210504
post nose
>>
>>49210161
Yup. More likely to take yourself out diving for cover in a panic. I think of the fountain scene from "way of the gun", or how many low doors take out operators without bump helmets or how fucked a twisted ankle or busted knee leaves you in a firefight. Getting into hazardous cover quickly (often falling flat to whatevers on the ground) and the ability to still get up and run away fast is key unless you have a full trained fire team.
>>
>>49210575
greentext is generally satirical and mocking in nature, the post is not agreeing with the sentiments posted therein.

Report back to your supervisor and request retraining and try again in a few days once you've finished the hours-lurked prerequisite and have a firmer grasp on how this works.
>>
File: 1619161332011.jpg (25 KB, 385x363)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
BAITONA LETS GO AWAY
>>
>>49210336
I don't see where people get off bitching about the armor at point blank like that.
>>
>>49209830
No such thing as a bulletproof vest. There's soft armor and plates rated for a certain caliber and number of rounds guaranteed resistance. Getting shot on soft armor vs getting shot on a plate is two very different things. Soft armor will stop the bullet from penetrating, but does little to mitigate the point concentration of the force of the bullet. You might get a broken rib or so, but you won't have any penetrative trauma. Your body won't perforate and save for any internal bleeding that may result, you'll likely live. It won't be too different from receiving a solid hammer hit to the chest.

Against hard armor, the impact is spread out over the entire area of the plate, lessening it out significantly more. If anything, it will feel like a little push to the chest, depending on how tight your rig is. Won't be too different from the recoil you feel when firing a rifle.
>>
>>49210827
You think that cop doing a fucking SWAT-style raid wasn't wearing a plate? Listen to his screams of pain retard. Enough LARPing and hypotheticals, the proof has been posted and that's that.
>>
>>49210994
>miss plate
>hit soft armor
Are you retarded? Plates only cover a small area of the chest, the vital organs. Soft armor typically covers a much wider area. It's possible to miss the plate and still hit the soft armor.
>>
>>49209945
Go ahead and push your finger against a piece of Kevlar and a ceramic plate, let me know which one takes longer/more force to move. But you’re probably underage or no guns and don’t have access to either
>>
>>49209875
You don’t know what your talking about
>>
>>49209979
If you get hit by anything above 20mm you're immediately just dead.
>>
If you get shot with a slug it turnes your insides into mush
>>
>>49211045
OMFG this coping. GETTING SHOT EVEN WHILE WEARING A VEST HURTS, STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT AND LEARN SOMETHING
>>
>>49211294
Not in a plate it doesn't you fucking dumb fuck
>>
>>49211206
I meant 44mm of backface deformation, which is the nij limit.
>>
>>49209875
it gets spread out over the larger surface area retard
>>
>>49210122
that's a cop. he isn't wearing lvl 4 plates on patrol, he's wearing soft plates, likely no trauma pad because they suck and are hot as hell.
>how is it the same
it's the same difference because it would get you killed regardless. if you double up, and are under enough fire that you got thwacked, you're dead. I'm beginning to think people just don't understand the use case of these items, to even frame this argument. You wear soft stuff when you need to be comfortable, and have a chance of taking a hit. you wear lvl4 or higher hard ones when you are expecting incoming fire. under the circumstance where you are expecting to get shot, being out of the fight is the same thing as dead, and doubled up in a fatal funnel is most definitely enough time to get you dead.
>>
>>49209830
>Boo hoo nigger the holocaust
No you can't just say that!
>It's a joke! I think it's a joke!
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Bang forward with a power of 10, bang backward into your shoulder with a power of 10.

Power of 10 doesen't knock you over or blow the wind out of your lungs, therefore power of 10 cannot do so upon bullet impact on target.
>>
File: freedom sip.jpg (61 KB, 350x335)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>49211325
wait until these retards find out Ceradyne's new plates are multihit 50 Cal. their fucking heads will explode trying to do that math.
>>
>>49211346
COP WAS SHOT, VIDEO WAS POSTED, STOP DENYING FACTS YOU FUCKING MONG.
>>
>>49211495
He wasn't "le on patrol", he had an AR, if they are going in with an AR they are expecting armed confrontation and are going to wear more gear than normal.
>>
>>49211294
>>49211560
You've literally never once held either soft or hard armor, nor have any guns that could do damage to either. Child, felon, doesn't matter, all around retard. Do us all a favor and hold your breath for a few hours
>>
>>49211578
that's not how it works, and you're just further proving my point that you have no idea how any of it works. he grabbed his patrol rifle. it's in the car, next to the driver's seat. He knew he was headed for some shit, but he didn't have time to fully kit up.
>>
>>49209875
>rhetorical questions
Fucking soiboy faggot.
>>
>>49211642
Even if all of the incorrect statements you just made were true, it has no bearing on me providing proof you're wrong about body armor. When you get shot, it will fucking hurt, it does not turn you into Robocop.
>>
>>49211658
>I...I...I'm sure it wasn't hard armor, don't shoot down my LARP fantasy where body armor is a magic forcefield that protects me from all harm.
>>
>>49211718
they responded to a call. there are several other officers in patrol gear. They're not wearing hard plates, because it's fucking murder on your spine for 12 hours, and no one, I mean no one, not even the most motarded rambo fuckemup, is wearing ceramics day in and day out.
>>
>>49211755
I give up, enjoy your untimely death you physics-denying faggot fuck.
>>
>>49209830
i've been training for pelvic girdle and neck hits
>>
>>49209836
Way more people need to see this. I try and post it everywhere I can but people still bring this fudlore up of ribs breaking and shit
>>
>>49211819
again, you're just retarded. I have literally been shot in lvl 4 plates, not once but twice. Once for fun, and the second because I was too fucking stupid to find real cover. there's no physics to defy.
>>
ITT: Faggot retards who think soft armor = hard armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5VpHaNySw&t=188s
>>
File: yes wolf.gif (1.31 MB, 268x151)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB GIF
>>49211848
this man fucks.
>>
>>49211871
*in Call of Duty 4
>>
>>49210008
Maybe if this thread wasn't a joke I would.
>>
>>49211703
Prove you've ever even once touched a hard plate, soft armor, and a gun. Honestly at this point I'll just take the gun
>>
>>49211886
Dude looks like he was getting shot with airsoft, there's barely an entry wound. You people are dangerously misinformed, it's going to suck when you have a painful death when your armor doesn't work out like you thought.
>>
>>49211819
>>
>>49211896
this has to be trolling. I'm not sure how you can so vehemently deny reality, cause you've supposedly done the math, and then tell everyone else that they're living in a fantasy land.
>>
>>49211848
why not train for sucking chest wounds instead? trust me, it's much nicer to have 6 holes on each side of your torso through both lungs than it is to be hit in the chest 6 times with a sledge hammer.
>>
>>49209912
The energy is soften, hence soft armor, and that’s why it doesn’t hurt as much. Hard armor, on the other hand, hardens the energy and breaks ribs.
>>
>>49211871
TCan confirm after having to stand by to stand by on a barricaded suspect for 10 hrs. Plate is hot, it's heavy, and it limits mobility especially when you already have your soft armor underneath. And if you think soft armor gets hot wait until it's sandwiched under plates and gear and your ass is stuck in the sun. I rotated in and out over and over with other officers to get water and drank 2 full gallons in 1 day without so much as a drop of piss.
>>
>>49209830
with a plate carrier, yeah. With a soft vest, it's like getting hit with a fucking bat.
>>
>>49209875
>OP is retarded

Many such cases
>>
>>49211906
What would any of that prove? That's not being shot with one, that's not shooting at the vest personally, that's not proof of anything. You're gatekeeping in ways that don't even make sense. Even if I didn't own a gun (and I do), how would that in any way make you right? It wouldn't.
>>
>>49211907
this, take no chances on armor and just die bro, why even try? literally just making their job harder when they have to come check if you're actually dead or not
>>
>>49209927
Sometimes it feels like that. Between adrenaline and how effective the armor is I saw dudes take hits and not even know it. Granted, in both cases I saw there was the mitigating factor that one was a ricochet, and the other also went through two loaded USGI AR mags before the plate/vest, but wither way adrenaline is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>49211979
>Granted, in both cases I saw there was the mitigating factor that one was a ricochet, and the other also went through two loaded USGI AR mags before the plate/vest

Yeah, that's not the same as being shot anymore. If I take the projectile off of a 9mm and throw it at your vest you don't get to say you took a bullet in the vest.
>>
>>49210407
Wear plate of you choice.
Go to range.
Stand at 100 yards lane and ask to magdump at you with 5.56.
Post video.
(aka do us a favor kys)
>>
>>49209836
god, imagine how much you'd have to trust the guy
>>
>>49209830
>gunpowder ignites, force of explosion captured and redirected
>blast expands, pushes projectile through barrel
>inertia of projectile plus force of explosion forces gun backwards
>gun impacts shoulder, shooter feels "recoil" of Xlbs, localized to surface area of where buttstock meets shoulder
>bullet leaves barrel
>bullet travels, loses energy
>bullet impacts with force of X, minus initial explosion, minus energy lost through travel, dispersed across entire chest surface of plate
>OP believes this will blast you through a window
Professional retard or gifted amateur?
>>
>>49209875
Oh shit, that must be why my metacatpals are powder and my shoulder's dislocated after a single luger shot.
>>
>>49211961
exactly. god, they're fucking awful. and those wrap around vests would be absolute murder. My department was good with just soft plates, which breathed a little better, but fuck they're awful just in general. I couldn't imagine having to wear double armor and double kit like that for any length of time.
>>
>>49209932
https://academic.oup.com/milmed/article-pdf/177/3/333/20710576/milmed-d-11-00303.pdf
>After developing methodology to assess blunt-trauma mortality risk, it was shown that the 44-mm standard deformation in clay provided a 6% probability of lethality, which fell under the initial requirement of less than or equal to 10%
>>
>>49211971
Literally unable to provide even a shred of proof of gun and ballistic knowledge beyond call of duty. You've never even seen armor in person unless it was wrapped around a pig. Post gun and wrists or shut the fuck up
>>
>>49209830
>music changes every 10 seconds
>jump cuts
>random speeding up
>*chug chug*
>random scene of a guy shooting at the camera
i feel like i'm watching some shitty news parody
>>
>>49212001
Maybe not mag dump, but you could easily shoot 5-10 rounds direct impact with good ceramic armor and you will be in fine condition afterwards
>>
>>49212072
Post video.
>>
>>49212054
> My department
The idea of uniformed police visiting 4chan in their off-time is both heartwarming and terrifying
>>
>>49212045
Literally did not say that at all. Nobody is saying you fall down or any of that shit. I'm saying it fucking hurts and you will not be just honky dory afterwards.

And for the record, the recoil you feel on the shoulder is over a period of time as the powder burns in the casing, the impulse felt on the receiving end is the full force immediately. It's both fractions of a second but one is much greater force at a time and that's what makes it fucking hurt. I can slap you or slowly move my hand across your face over the course of 10 minutes, according to physics the work done is the same, but one hurts and one doesn't.
>>
>>49211930
Because he's gathering (you)s, and you people keep feeding him. You can trade them for cryptocurrency now.
>>
>>49212068
I posted two fucking videos of people being shot in real life, how is that not proof?

>>49209967
>>49210122

You think the cop and the guy selling the fucking things are faking it? Why do you genuinely believe you can be shot without consequence?
>>
>>49212133
You
braindead
fucking
monkey
As it has been explained so many fucking times, a hit while wearing SOFT armor, WILL hurt.
A hit while wearing hard armor, from a round that the plate is fully capable of stopping, will NOT fuck you up.
>>
>>49212345
COPE HARDER, there's still energy being dumped into your chest all at once, it is not going to be a fun tickle.
>>
>>49212361
see >>49209836
>>
>>49212361
Also by the way I am a fat nigger retard.
Just thought the thread should know.
I'm also a fag.
>>
>>49212345
So a 1oz foster slug at 5 to 7 yards won't hurt if i have a steel plate???
>>
>>49212387
Do it again with a one take from a random gun store with off-the-shelf ammo. Anyone can underload a bullet so it has no energy, I posted real videos of real people getting shot with real ammo, this is horseshit.
>>
>>49212000
Your retarded example isn't even remotely as taking a round at velocity. Both of those rounds were still moving at lethal velocity and cracked the SAPI. Not even close to throwing an object you larperator.
>>
>>49212396
I know you are, so stop pretending vests are magic forcefields and shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>49212432
bro I posted that as a joke I'm not that guy
>>
>>49212414
Don’t use steel, ever.
>>
>>49210727
Kek.
>>
>>49212454
Why not?
>>
>>49212661
ask bunk in /gq. sometimes he shares the pics of the contractor whose face he held together and had to stifle laughs when the guy swore up and down steel was better, until he caught spall.
>>
>>49209836
That guy puts phone books under the vest to distribute the impact, so instead of breaking a rib it feels like just getting shoved a bit.

If you don't have a phone book or something similar under a vest, the vest is still pushed rearward a couple inches at the point of impact. It can break the sternum, separate ribs from the sternum, crack ribs or even break ribs to the point of puncturing a lung. It can rupture the spleen, requiring it's removal, or damage the liver if hit there.

That guy sells vests an his sensationalistic videos give a false impression, which you fell for.
>>
>>49209912
Into ur mom
>>
File: .308 armor.png (721 KB, 794x452)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>>49213027
For the soft armor, yes, because getting shot in soft armor, as explained in the thread, does hurt. The guy wearing the hard armor who gets shot with the FAL needed nothing like that.

Here's a guy in a pretty barebones carrier and nothing but fat under his plate taking .308 with zero reaction. Getting shot in hard armor does not hurt, and you can easily barely notice it.

https://youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw
>>
>>49212108
>uniformed police
Would you rather they be ATF and FBI
>>
>>49209880
Oh, they care, they just don't understand there's a difference.
These people are good at one thing only: tricking others into electing them. They are usually complete idiots regarding anything else.
>>
>>49213228
This is pretty impressive.
>>
>>49211495
>getting shot with vest
hurts bad, probably fall down, potentially get dragged to cover or crawl to it while team reacts to contact
some chance you could take on follow up fire and be more seriously hurt
>getting shot without vest
bullet fucks you up and you die

yeah that's the same thing
>>
>>49213228
OP's asshole looking pretty pink sockish now. Thread over, are we done here?
>>
>>49209830
how easy is it to wear soft armor and carry IWB?
>>
>>49216254
Because it's fake as fuck and the stupid nogunz children on here are gullible as shit with confirmation bias. Next you'll see a video of someone building a shed in fast forward and the children in here will say "see! I told you Fortnite was realistic!"
>>
>>49213228
Did this guy make his daughter shoot him with that rifle? If shit goes sideways, that's one hell of an emotional trauma to lay on your kid.
>>
>>49209836
Umm but how do you know they actually loaded a cartridge with a bullet and not a blank? In this video, they keep cutting the camera between loading and shooting. They also don't pick the bullets out of the vests.

Isn't it feasible that a blank could tear up a vest like that at close range? Or maybe even some sort of less-than-lethal round? How do we verify that the cartridges were loaded with a full dose of powder? Seems like a simple magic trick would be enough for these guys to advertise their product.
>>
>>49219291
Or just use someone else's more expensive plates. Now you understand why NIJ cert, along with general liability plus E&O insurance is required for a lot of department contracts.
>>
>>49209830
I'm glad jordan peterson found a new hobby.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.