[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Just got a job offer to drive an armored truck and need a daily open carry piece preferably a 9 or 40. Was thinking of buying a Beretta since I’m most familiar with it but figured I would see what you faggots suggested.
>>
>>48903842
>
LOL like the armored truck from GTA 5? That's so cool dude I wish i was an armored car. that would be so awesome actually , how did you get your job? Just asking .... why ? ... no reason... Damn i loved armored cares so god dam much they're so awesome... Whered you get your job at hehe? Im just wonder8ing where you might have gotten a job with an armored vehicle of sorts...seems kind of interesting.... But really armored cars are prety cool. I like to see armored cars (not tanks but cars) because they are bullet resistant and just like cars LOL. Armored vans are pretty cool too. Do they hold 6000 gta bucks in the back of them?? Like is that real do you know?? Man im just getting wiggly here sitting thinking about armored cars.. that stuff dont come around long time in somebody's life so thats pretty interesting to here someone is getting a job with an Armored car...
>>
File: 695kssg91afx.jpg (780 KB, 2448x3264)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
>>48903842
>>
>>48903842
So yea about that gun your going to want to carry. Bertetta will be just fine suitable for your needs. Where are you driving othe armoredc car to? Is it like a bank armored car because that's pretty cool. Where can you get an armored truck car job Id really like to see one maybe before i kick the bucket... Ive heard you can find some on craiglist but i havven't looked really hard because Ive been so busy lately... It dosent matter... Can you tell us more about the armored car? Can it resist an RPG? LOL! Probably not if your being realistic. But anyways seriously what kind of bullets can the armored car stop? Is it like the HEAT movie? Lol are you going to get robbed by Robbed deniro? LOL! that would be kind of cool actually. You could be in a movie like scene with an armored car and maybe a famous actor like Tom Cruise or Robert Gosling... How many wheels does the car have do you know?
>>
>>48903877
More like the Loomis faggots from Masterminds but fuck it the pay is pretty dope.
>>
>>48903914
Honestly, I didn’t realize they sold those to men. Good for you.
>>
>armored car driver
You will hate it
>>
File: 1617456788253.jpg (2.41 MB, 3264x2448)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
>>48903842
get one of these
>>
>>48903928
Heard its early morning pickups, no heat or AC, no time for lunch, and if someone rips ass you get to bask in that shit all day.
>>
>>48903877
>>48903921
kino level shitposting lmao
>>
>>48903969
Meh. Mediocre at best. Like your mother’s pussy.
>>
>>48903842
Bruh why would you take a job like that? Its shitty work in a barely functioning truck that isnt actually bulletproof where you have a high risk of getting shot all for like 12 bucks an hour. You deserve better OP
>>
>>48903963
Bro find some comfy retail gig. You’ll get paid the same shit wage but you won’t ride around in a dingy ass sweatbox
>>
>>48903842
>preferably a 9
The world is literally your oyster. Armored Truck driving unironically pays pretty well, and open carry means you pick pretty much any size pistol you want.
If you shoot the 92 well and like it, I'd go with that. I'd carry my P99 because its what I shoot well, wish I had kept my thumb-lock safariland holster for it.
>>
>>48903842
how does one get hired for this? possibly as a summer college job?
>>
>>48903993
45k a year plus signing bonus. Better health plan. I live in Leavenworth KS. Army vet. Havent finished my degree. Currently a CO for private prison company. My current job is fucking worse by a wide margin. I did four straight 16 hour shifts because we have someone quit literally every day. Faggots routinely try to call me in on my day off. I can’t make progress in school like that. Its boring as fuck. The prisoners are total faggots. Hard work doesn’t bug me. Not worried about actual robbery attempts even a little. Dealing with schizos and felons fucking blows. Only other job I’m qualified for around here is gate guard at the base. Long line to get in there. Gotta take the opportunities life gives you.
>>
>>48904004
Been trying. 6 interviews. 0 hires. All State, Geico, BoA, Farm Bureau, VA appointment setting. Market fucking blows right now.
>>
>>48903923
This movie is frightenly accurate
>t. former low level loomis manager of 5 years
>>
>>48904235
Worth the pay or naw? Any tips?
>>
>>48904258
If your single, ok with shitty long hours, don't fear the ghetto or danger in general, are able to accept you work for a fucked up company and roll with it. then yes it can actually be a pretty cool gig I do miss skipping around being a complete loose cannon, there were some awesome times and worked with some absolute lads. Any ways the one tip I have is this, every branch operates in cycles of absolute shitty understaffed misery with everyone being given impossible tasks, then it gets better for a while and it's awesome, and then it'll get shitty again, and then eventually back to awesome, repeat. That is really the one thing you must accept, also it really is more of a shitty UPS manned by a collection of ptsd'd loose cannon vets more than some high speed low drag PMC. If you accept these terms and work within them you will thrive. ALSO DON'T LEAVE YOUR GODDAM GUN IN THE BATHROOM! It was so hard to get fired, but my god most of the people I fired were because of this.
>>
>>48903842
Get you a 92x ltt
>>
>>48904385
Is it really that dangerous? We’re averaging an assault on a CO a week where Im at right now. I can’t remember the last time I heard about an armored car robbery. Just the occasional tweakers trying to rip out an atm with their trucks in the middle of the night and a few schizos walking into lobbies pretending they have bombs.
>>
>>48903914
Holy fuck your hands are tiny.
>>
>>48903842
https://youtu.be/1HPi3Yv47QA?t=798
>>
File: 1617452932426.jpg (1.24 MB, 3000x2000)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>48904098
>45k a year plus signing bonus. Better health plan. I live in Leavenworth KS. Army vet. Havent finished my degree. Currently a CO for private prison company. My current job is fucking worse by a wide margin. I did four straight 16 hour shifts because we have someone quit literally every day. Faggots routinely try to call me in on my day off. I can’t make progress in school like that. Its boring as fuck. The prisoners are total faggots. Hard work doesn’t bug me. Not worried about actual robbery attempts even a little. Dealing with schizos and felons fucking blows. Only other job I’m qualified for around here is gate guard at the base. Long line to get in there. Gotta take the opportunities life gives you.
That all really sucks , I hope it works out for you
>>
>>48904546
Cheers.

>>48904517
I was hoping for something with more available ammo. Shelves are totally empty out here.

>>48904444
Whats the difference between that and the bass pro standard fs model?
>>
>>48904503
Assaults are very rare, but when they do happen it usually doesn't end well. If you were going to take down a guy going about his business wearing armor and a gun your probably just going to come up with a plan to blap instantly him rather then doing something dumb that would involve an actual fight. best case scenario you surrender and live, worst is you're focused on dealing with a shitty atm and then bang! lights out.
>>
>>48904770
Shit I’ll take that. From what I understand I’ll be driving because I already have my CDL and some mook in the back will be humping the bags around.
>>
>>48904792
Driving safe and boring, I passed the time with foreign language audio courses, pissing in bottles, and figuring out various physical exercises I could do while seat belted, also expect to be pressed into messenger duty down the line.
>>
>>48904385
Forgot to mention do not engage with the few women that work there, they are the same as military women DON'T DO IT!.
>>
>>48903877
thank you for this
>>
>>48904258
Another tip, don't let your gun autism get to you. I carried a basic bitch glock 17 that proceded to get beat to absolute shit. Get a "level three" holster that covers the whole slide as it will get banged around alot knocking rear sights out of alignment if they are exposed, was a common issue with my guys.
>>
>>48903842
Get a Calico M950, nothing says don't fuck with me like 50 to 100 rounds of 9mm
>>
>>48904861
Like bonded courier shit? Am I gonna be driving around Ms. Archers furs or am I looking at a stack of bearer bonds worth a life changing amount of money?
>>
>>48905057
ok nigga now carry that shit on your belt for 12 hrs a day.
>>
>>48904153
no you just have no skills. But i seriously fuckin' believe in you man.
>>
>>48905047
>using sights on a sidearm
Ishygddt
>>
>>48905047
No worries about that on my end. I like rifles and shotguns predominantly and stick to my wheelhouse. Own a .357 to occasionally open carry and plink coyotes on the side of the road but was just looking for something basic, reliable, available, and won’t give a fuck if the feds confiscate it after ventilating a nig.
>>
>>48904098
For me it’s a comfy security job for the state
>>
>>48905068
Here's a day in the life for one of our cdl guys
>go in $4:30 am
>get shitty truck from yard
>5:30 check out 40-60 million locked in giant cubes on wheels
>drive 55 in a 70mph freeway for 2.5hrs to federal reserve
>wait a few hours
>get another 40-60 million locked in cubes
>go to another branch, swap cubes 2hrs later leave
>go deal with the us bank vault downtown, more hours
> get back at 4:30 and check in your money tanks
>5:30 return truck to yard go home and get ready to do it again
>>
>>48903842
Beretta 92X is a excellent choice and lots of holster and other aftermarket options. but I think your ammo choice would be more important than the particular firearm. Several robberies of armored cars included 3-5 assailants wearing body armor.

https://youtu.be/1UtXbSMTN-o
9mm Ammo that can blow straight through IIIA body armor

https://youtu.be/vLCsQkEL9eQ?t=819
FN Five seveN with 27 grain ballistic tip going straight through IIIA as if it wasn't there.

I heard of armored car drivers carrying AR pistols or SBRs so that's also an option but depends on the company policy.
>>
>>48905166
Then don’t become a CO

Keep applying for gate guard job so I can knock out my federal service and get a pension but every MP that retires around here applies for that shit to double up their pensions. Plus they’re all nigs.
>>
>>48905261
>I heard of armored car drivers carrying AR pistols or SBRs so that's also an option but depends on the company policy.
Fakest fucking news! In all my years the only interesting gun choice I saw one mad man that unironically carried a high point. And we constantly worked with other armored truck companies.
>>
>>48903842
>>
>>48903842
is it being paid for by the company?
>>
>>48904699
>Whats the difference between that and the bass pro standard fs model?
92X is the beretta "upgrades" of on the 92fs that they've done over the years. it's a much better pistol but costs more, you can just buy a plain jane 92fs and buy the LTT aftermarket kit for it.

https://www.langdontactical.com/trigger-job-in-a-bag-92-96-m9-series/
which is out of stock right now

"LTT" is a aftermarket upgrade kit primarily making the trigger alot better in both DA and SA modes. removes alot of the slop in the trigger. the 92x trigger is already good but the LTT makes it great, you will be hard pressed to find a better DA/SA trigger off the shelf.

https://www.langdontactical.com/92x-full-size-with-langdon-tactical-trigger-job/

>>48905364
I only heard about it, never saw pictures of it or anything but it was after some attempted/successful armed robberies in the area. they probably stopped when they caught the gang behind it
>>
>>48905126
Killing muslims is a skill. Arguably the most important one in the world.

>>48905261
I just pray I get the opportunity to shoot Ben Aflack in the face.

>>48905364
This. Basically just seems like driving the beer truck except the pay is better and you don’t get in trouble for having your gun on you or pissing in bottles. Do they monitor both hands on the wheel? How faggoty are they about rules most of the time?
>>
>>48905385
Pretty sure thats what the signing bonus is for along with the CDL and carry permit but since I already have mine I get 4k instead of the basic 2. Figure on spending under 1k on a pistol and upgrade the optics on my 110. Buy some new tires for my truck and crypto with the remainder. I still have to go through the onboarding training and shit though so we will see but I have seen the guys around here while out on errands and they don’t carry the same shit.
>>
>>48903877
thanks for making my night, anon.

>>48903842
Don't do it. Get a different job.
>>
>>48905443
Fire. Quality post anon.
>>
>>48904385
I wish I wish i wish I wish I wish I wish I wish

I fucking wish that someone had given me the run down on what this job was gonna be like before I applied. Did I think I was gonna be a high speed low drag Heat goon? no, but fuck me man this job really sucked. It is intense ass labor all day long, wearing a security uniform and a vest and duty belt. Lifting coin in and out of god damn trucks and wheeling them into warm ass bank vaults with middle aged women who think their job is hard and take their PMS out on you if youre ever late or don't bring them the correct amount. Stupid old boomers will talk to you all day. Dumb asses at the gas station will crack jokes and every single person you meet will be like "just put the money in my car, bro!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude youre the most original comedian on the planet. And lets not forget the best part, depending on the company you work for, you may have to drive and jump by yourself (it ryhmes with TWINKS LOL) and you're also babysat constanlty by a camera that will email your manager personally if you brake too hard, sip on a drink while driving, or go one mile an hour above the speed governor. Thats just my personal experience, ON TOP of everything you just mentioned.

fuck armored cars. i have a newfound sense of respect for people who do this shit. I've been doing it for six months and if I wasn't quitting in two days I'd have gone postal by now and domed myself in the back of the truck with my service pistol.
>>
File: Ihateyousogoddammuch!.png (624 KB, 1008x565)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
>>48905724
>babysat constanlty by a camera
Forgot smartdrive, there is a place in hell for the faggot that invented this!
>>
File: hey_annon....jpg (20 KB, 400x300)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>48905724
>Stupid old boomers will talk to you all day. Dumb asses at the gas station will crack jokes and every single person you meet will be like "just put the money in my car, bro!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude youre the most original comedian on the planet
got any free samples?
>>
>>48905724
Gardaworld not Brinks if you have any insight.

Honestly still sounds wayyyy better than CO. I had a convict try to milkshake me with piss, feces, and semen my first week and seeing it coming I slammed the door shut on his ass. Splashed all over the window and when I laughed at the retard and told him I would be back later to give him toilet paper to clean the shit up and to enjoy the smell he started licking his own excrement and bodily fluids off the window. My supervisor will catch an inmate smoking on the cameras and radio for me to go roll his bunk wile I’m trying to pass out meals. So I can give the faggot a white slip. Which he will eventually roll up and smoke because it means absolutely nothing. Then one of them will bust a CO open with their cuffs and fuck with the noobs until they quit to get our hours extended to the point of exhaustion. They are all short timers at our facility en route to where they will serve their sentences long term so the brass never try to actually punish any of the fucks and have to deal with them longer. Like I can tell this pudgy mexican fuck to eat a bag of dicks and fuck off or no show entirely and they won’t fire me because they are so short staffed. I have officially started handling the convicts by their rules. Call a rowdy motherfucker a bitch in front of everyone to force him into a physical confrontation I am guaranteed to win. Tell the other inmates this faggot talking shit is a snitch and ask him where his black eyes came from the next day and write him up for not answering my question. I will dunk their toilet paper in the toilet or tell someone their commissary pin. I despise this job at every level.
>>
File: d90.jpg (75 KB, 482x427)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>48906069
>hahaha, good one...ya'll take care now
>>
>>48906081
thats heinous. funny enough there was a handful of people who were COs that came to brinks. one of em went back to CO after a few years
>>
>>48906131
I can’t imagine doing this shit again. The sheer amount of time spent watching grown men masturbate is the ultimate black pill. I am pretty much immune to OC spray at this point though. That and the job security are the only positives
>>
>>48906131
>this
Loomis was a very special kind of abuse and all the former CO's washed out within 6 months to a year
>>
>>48906250
forgot to mention most ex cops washed out too, with the exception of one old crusty salty boomer, the king of mad lad, pat where ever you are right now, god speed! You deserve a count dankula feature!
>>
>>48906309
I hope Dank wins his election. I thought about applying to the police academy but the polygraph seems like a bit of a hurdle for a degenerate like me and I really don’t have the patience for these type of mouth breathers anymore
>>
>>48906351
Get on with the adjutant general police they’re basically gate guards
>>
475 wildey magnum double stack 20 rounds or 12 round 500sw revolver
>>
>>48907772
Not in company spec nor will you get approval from the branch manager. Work there for a while, become bff’s with branch manager and you too can carry meme big iron. At Loomis anyways there was a guy that carried a 50 ae pistol. Otherwise you can do what I did and just wait a bit and just carry whatever, I carried a beretta 92s with surplus Italian polizia white belt, white leather holster, white mag pouches, and lanyard. Coupled with /fit/ and a discontinued fitted black kommando Loomis sweater and black security pants I was the height of tactical fashion, good fucken times!
>>
>>48908082
Based fashion and gunz homo
>>
>>48903842
Glock 17
>>
>>48903842
fnx45
same shit big boolet, $$ to dab on poors
>>
>>48903914
I have the same gun. If you didn't buy it in 10mm you are a faggot.
>>
File: leo.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>48903877
>>48903921
absolutely based
>>
>Beretta 92
>USP
>Glock 17/19/22
>Sig P226/P229
>VP9
It really doesn't matter anon
>>
>>48903842
Just read the whole thread and holy shit, man. Good luck.
In serious answer to your question, I would avoid the Baretta 92 or any other metal framed pistol for that matter. Go with a G45 or a P320 Carry. Something indestructible with a full sized grip & mag but a compact slide. I would also recommend getting your own armor because many security companies will give you heavy, sweat soaked used carriers with armor of unkown provinance.
>>
>>48908677
yes, this is true
>>
>>48908082
being honest i was just fucking around, i dont even think there is a double stack 475 only single stack 7 rounds and the largest 500sw was i think 8 rounds or just 6 but i can dream friend
>>
File: k approved 9 mm.jpg (1.33 MB, 2500x2267)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>48903842

I'd go for the Beretta 92, preferably a Langdon Tactical.
>>
>>48903929
well fuck me sideways, im in knoxville rn :)
>>
>>48903990
My mothers pussy was world class sir, it smelled of roses and tasted like pears and cherries
>>
>>48903842
>you get to open carry whatever sidearm you want
Get a PSD and out big dick everyone else. It can be converted to 9mm as well.
>>
>>48903842
Get an all steel S&W 4006. Period.
>>
>>48903842
1. No guns available
2. Every armored car service I've ever seen tells you exactly what you can have, if not issues it specifically
In conclusion, you are a LARPing liar.
>>
>>48903914
I prefer guns that dont go off randomly in their holster
>>
>>48910933
You forgot a 3rd point.
Guns have less than 12 hours before being banned.
>>
>>48903842
I think berettas are a great option. good capacity, great DA/SA trigger, handles recoil well. it shoots great and it's fun to shoot and practice with. only downside I think to carrying it is it's a big metal handgun and heavy and could get annoying to carry all day every day. also it's 9mm so ammo will be hard to come by but what ammo now isn't.
>>
File: 20210408_093440.jpg (1.87 MB, 3024x3024)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>48903842
Berettas are great but the slide mounted safety can be tough to quickly deactivate one-handed. Pic related, my F model M9A3 and large-ish hand, having to break my grip somewhat to get thumb behind safety. That could be important if you are ambushed and your off hand is occupied grabbing a bag or door. Consider a G model for this role if you want an M9 or 92 model. This is the decocker only version so your safety is the heavier double action pull of the first round. Otherwise consider a double action/single action with a frame mounted safety or a striker fired handgun. I assume you will be open carrying so go for a full sized pistol for best velocity and capacity. Be sure to get something with holster support from one of the good brands like Safariland and invest in a high retention level holster. Then find a range that will let you do holster work and start training on your draw from holster.
>>
>>48904004
>comfy
>retail
>>
>>48911005
forgot to mention, one thing I dislike with my beretta is the ergonomics. in my experience the slide cut reduces the surface area for gripping and racking the slide so the best area to grip is at the rear of the gun and the slide mounted safety can get in the way. I've accidentally flipped safety on while racking the slide. I think handling it could be a potential problem in a stressful situation unless you train for it.
>>
>>48910933
So let me get this straight. Get offered job. Told I will receive bonus. See guards around town not carrying uniform weapons. Loomis manager anon confirms suspicions probably have to supply own weapon. Literally agree its a shit job just better than my current shit job. Compare it to armed beer truck driver.

On /k/ larping for based points?

You are right. My ruse has been exposed. Moisted by a based retard. I’m actually a 14 year old that plays too much GTA and COD. I horribly sorry. I will go masturbate to hentai now and cry about my bleak future never making it as a wage slave to my both of my bipoc dads. I just want to be a high speed elite armored car anon.

>>48911005
I want 9 or 40 because its literally the onoy handgun ammo I can find. I cant even get field loads for my shotgun and don’t have the heart to break into my steel shot stash for a day of sportinf clays. Fuck this gay earth.

>>48911033
Still have blackhawk holster for my M9 from when I was in the army. I liked it but my fleece would always rub on it during winter and I found the fucker on red more than a few times. Hate drop leg shit. Suggestions?
>>
>>48904098
Hello fellow former 31E. GTFO of Leavenworth. There is no reason to stay in that shit hole around the worst Soldiers in the Army. Move somewhere nice and make something of your life. Avoid corrections at all costs and become a better person.
>>
>>48903842
Beretta 92 in .40
Have a gunsmith mill out the chamber .01 so you can feed 10mm
Simple as
>>
>>48903914
I dont think OP is having his mid life crisis yet so this is unnecessary. A normal p226 or p229 would be fine
>>
>>48911616
Can't help you on holster suggestions. I bought my M9A3 for muhreen cawr nostalgia with Trumpbux and have a literal airsoft tier dropleg in case I ever want to carry it around, but it's not my go-to sidearm. I had the same problem with a Blackhawk drop leg when I was in. Best suggestions I've seen for Berettas are the Safariland thumb click rentention holsters. You can belt mount one rather than drop leg. Will probably work out better than a drop leg anyways if you're mostly behind the wheel. Just get the specifics of your company policy once you onboard. If rules allow it you could strap PCC or AR pistol across your chest for maximum larp especially if you're 100% wheelman and never expected to leave the vehicle.
>>
>>48911702
Meh its home. MPs are absolute faggots but I was stationed at Bragg. 82nd are worse.

>>48911980
Will check them out thanks
>>
>>48911719
How does the slide hold up to 10mm. Seems a constant diet could cause cracks like early army 9s had.
>>
>>48903842
I found out today the federal protective services guards on base make 80 to 100k a year and are civil service so they Gen pensions
>>
>>48913086
You can do 2 mils and crank it up all the way to 11 mm
>>
>>48913086
Like a bag of wet sand. Kinda smells like salty coins

You'd be the first to do it home slice
>>
>>48913086
.40 S&W already cracks the slide, 10mm will obliterate it
>>
>>48911033
Berettas are meant to be carried with the safety off. If you’re carrying with the safety on you’re doing it wrong.
>>
>>48913086

If that's your concern then get the "Brigadier" slide, its heavier.
>>
File: 1617558523452353.png (321 KB, 425x425)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
anyone who uses or carries a pistol without a light or rail to mount one is a retard
>>
>>48903914
why do you have only 3 fingers?
>>
>>48913545
Rails are sharp and can snag on things. There are times when you don’t want to point a gun at something but want to flash a light on it, in most states pointing a gun at someone is a crime. If you’re at home then you do have the right to point guns at things in the dark, but as a carry pistol you are places where that’s dubious. How hard is it just to have a flashlight and hold it in your other hand?
>>
>>48913482
real chads carry the 92D
>>
>>48913545
the newer 92's have a front rail
>>
>>48903929
what brand is the 1911? that grip looks comfortable
>>
File: 1604261513149.jpg (55 KB, 660x680)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>48913732
The front rail ruins the aesthetic
>>
>>48913751
It's Tisas/SDS Imports. That front strap grip is aftermarket.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.