[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

recently bought an S&W 4006TSW. it's what reddit would call a "checking chonker" but this thing looks badass. ex CHP too. (not my gun pictured because I'm not gonna flash my serial number on the internet)

whats your favorite handgun?
>>
>buy thing
>how'd I do guies
Cool I guess, show it off to the handgun general maybe?
>>
>>47974428
>not gonna flash my serial number on the internet
Just edit it out or take a pic of the other side.
>>
>>47974428
bought one as well back before armslist went to shit, guy asked for a reasonable price, I enjoyed shooting it, then the Cov hit
>>
>>47974428
I can't get a 4006TSW easily because I live in California but I do have it's 9mm counterpart. It was beat to absolute shit when I got it and has choked more than a few times on shitty reloads but it's the best pointing gun I have. The grip and trigger reach just fit me perfectly and the recoil is almost nonexistent, wish I had a pristine ANIB one.
>>
>>47974428
Do you think I could trade a 915 for something nicer in 40 or 45?
>>
File: 1518554912460.jpg (158 KB, 800x625)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
cool 40 cal. Id get one if I wanted a 40
>>
>>47974500
As in a nicer 3rd Gen or just a nicer 40/45 gun in general?
>>
File: 1603288415086.png (440 KB, 956x657)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>47974500
This guys a fag dont listen to him
>>
>>47974620
Ideally a 3rd gen but I'm not entirely opposed to single stack frames. Figuring maybe I can leverage the fact that it is a 9mm to get something more obscure but ultimately nicer.
>>
>>47974647
Bro if I stop listening to myself I'll become an NPC. Don't do this to me, please.
>>
>>47974428
I have the predecessor to that without the rail OP. It'll run reloads like a champ.

I hate to admit it, but I really like my G21.
>>
File: Superior Ballistics.jpg (104 KB, 1000x1000)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>47974428

Nice job OP. IMHO, .40 S&W is one of the best handgun cartridges out there, but it really needs either a full-alloy frame or a LONG BOI to take full advantage of it (pic related is mine.)
>>
>>47974673
Probably not honestly. Most people buying up or holding on to the nicer 3rd Gens now aren't really doing it out of practicality. Maybe you'll get a beat up copsurp (non-TSW) 4006 but that's the most I could see from a value line gun.
>>
>>47974694
you sucking your own cock too
>>
>>47974780
You goofed, son. I'm not that flexible.
>>47974771
Is that a good trade? Seems like a steel frame would be fun for a range gun.
>>
File: 1607486731844.gif (94 KB, 325x244)
94 KB
94 KB GIF
>>47974464
Ignorance curing time. Can you explain what bad can come if he shows the serial number? Genuinely asking.
>>
>>47974826
If someone was actually willing to make it I'd say so. The steel frame tames recoil pretty well and the triggers are nice enough though they're not as good as on the TSW guns. I personally wouldn't use either for 'serious' use since they're discontinued anyway.
>>
>>47974881
Someone could report it as stolen but then they'd be risking the hard shaft of the law coming back for their booty hole.
>>
>>47974881
Me, I don't care. I post my serials on /k/. I'm just pointing out op's alternatives in his own paranoia.
>>
>>47974904
So basically swatting the owner anonymously? Or at least arranging a grindr meetup with Assburger Tendies Friends? Makes sense, thanks, anon.
>>
>>47974881
someone could report it stolen but unless the "victim" bought private sale they would first contact the last verified purchaser... usually being the "victim"

yeah serial numbers aren't as powerful as people think
all it can tell investigators who bought it last (with paperwork)
>>
>>47974985
no
not at all you fucking moron
>>
>>47975014
Explain then.
>>
>>47975048

see
>>47975003
>>
>>47974985
No bro, usually it isn't difficult for them to prove that they didn't steal it. So the person who "swatted" them is fucked when it is evident they filed a fraudulent report and never actually owned the firearm.
>>
>>47975003
add to that the fact that the person reporting the serial wouldn't be able to verify they purchased it in the first place
>>
>>47975057
I mean, obviously I exaggerated, short story being is that some fucker can cause you a bit of headache.
>>
>>47975087
it would never reach you unless you were the last person who bought it.
you'd get a phonecall or email asking for information on if you sold it or not.
to which you reply
> "oh no I still own it its right here actually"
>do you know a "retardanon" from bumfuck ohio?
>never heard of him and I live in Arizona
>thank you for your cooperation and have a good day.
>>
>>47974985
you can't file something stolen anonymously, they'll want to investigate where exactly it was physically stolen and they typically ask for any paperwork or proof of sale.

reporting someone's serial number stolen is the dumbest thing you could possibly do
>>
>>47975178
not just that but in my home state (op here) of NJ we have some pretty serious red flag laws and I'm not sure how it works but I could imagine doxxing or whatever could be done quickly and I get swatted fr.

>>47974900
>I personally wouldn't use either for 'serious' use since they're discontinued anyway.
I didn't know how fucking heavy they were lmao. Not an issue since I live in a gay state that doesn't allow CC or OC and I'll probably just use it at the range and for home defense, but I do intend to get a NH or Utah CCW so I can at least carry in Delaware or something, or even "permitless carry" if need be going through the rough part of the next town over, and a nearly three pound handgun is gonna be pretty hard to conceal.

my parents own a supermarket and if things get bad in the next couple years I'm sure ill be allowed to open carry around the business and that would be manageable
>>
>>47977289
also speaking of which does anyone know of any good 40 cal handguns for CC? ik i'd be better of downgrading to 9mm but with current prices, and the fact Im already dealing with a logistical nightmare with 4 long guns of different calibers, i'd rather stick to 40s&w. i shot a glock 22 and that was lighter but still a bit big, any recommendations? i know the m&p pistols are good

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.