[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

My only experience with Trijicon ACOG’s is my time in the military, mounted on an M16. Would one of these prove effective/ be worth it for a 14.5” AR? Assuming price isn’t a factor.

Pic related. Its the one im interested in.
>>
>>47973745
Ah dude, two thousand dollars? That’s more than I paid for my car.
These people are ripping off you and the government if that fucking thing don’t have a built in ballistic calculator, aimbot or at least can fucking zoom in or out like a LPVO.
>>
>>47973745

Anything firearms related

Amazon

Pick ONE, retard.
>>
>>47973745
They're decent, but not at the price they ask for. 2 grand can get you some really nice optics
>>
>>47973826
Recommendations?
>>
>>47973795
?
>>
>>47973862
People would and probably still are buying knockoff acogs and then ordering ones from Amazon, then returning the knockoff to amazon essentially getting a real acog for pennies on the dollar, assuming they weren't getting an amazon knockoff in the first place.
>>
>>47973862
Never buy anything gun related especially expensive scopes off amazon
>>
>>47973771
You can find them used. I got an almost new TA31F-RMR for $750. 2019 mfg.
>>
>>47973745
>>47973862
Dont buy anything gun related off amazon unless you want to most likely get fake made in china shit
Buy from your local trijicon dealer or from Larue tactical since they include their mount which is good.
If it's what youre used to in the military the rmr/acog combo is still good and proven.
You have have others try to convince you of getting an LPVO but unless you plan on shooting greater than what you qualified at this optic is just fine.
Personally i use a specter dr elcan 1/4 for my colt ar
>>
>>47973745
If you’re buying something that expensive, buy direct from the manufacturer. Amazon is chock full of counterfeit products, especially targeting expensive products like Trijicon scopes
>>
>>47973745
Here’s a list of all the optics like the ACOG (prism scopes). Anything Trijicon or Elcan is good to go

https://sageratsafaris.com/master-list-of-prism-scopes/
>>
>>47973905
Mail fraud is a felony, retard.
>>
>>47975127
That's a reason to not buy shit from Amazon because they'll ship you a returned item so people have gotten someone else's scammed leftovers.
>>
>>47975127
One that's rarely enforced and usually only then when used as a tack on charge in addition to much bigger shit they already suspect you of. You'd be surprised how many laws are essentially not enforced, or how often criminals are only caught because they're either incredibly stupid or incredibly unlucky. It's pretty easy to get away with a lot just by not being a complete fucking retard. This is incidentally why niggers get caught so much.
>>
I have the exact same ACOG RMR2 combo but I paid $1400 for it new from midway. It's excellent and I have no ragerts. I only ever had Comp2s inna military and this setup is a brazilion times better. I used it on muh 16 inch lmt back in November at a 2 gun match and it was flawless.
>>
>>47973745
I was issued one with a J-point red dot on my M4. What they used before switching to the Tijicon RMR.

The ACOG on on an M$ is still pretty good. the J-Point that was used at the time, not so much. We ended up training around the J-point and used the ACOG exclusively. It can still be used for close quarters effectively, but it does take some additional training to get used to it and fully requires both eyes open to use for that.

Overall, still effective and we were able to engage out to 500m with the ACOG.
>>
>>47974099
where do you find them, ebay?
>>
File: IMG_3993.jpg (57 KB, 800x600)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>47973745
Acogs are pretty OK
>>
It's actually crazy how many idiots there are breathing the same air as us. You retards know you can check which seller is fulfilling your amazon order, right? Like you can go directly to their website and email them, make sure they're a legit company, etc. Amazon payed some dude hundreds of thousands of dollars to design the website UI to be so simple, even downies can order things with a click of a button, but there are honest to god, grown ass men that still can't figure out the website. You retards deserve to be scammed.
>>
File: 1596691535181.jpg (210 KB, 1089x894)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>47973745
vortex, burris, ect. are unironically just as good.
>>
The TA33 is the only good one
>>
>>47973745
nigger do not pay 1900 fucking dollars for an acog. They should be around 1200 and if you actually spend more than 30 seconds on google you can find them cheaper than that.
>>
>>47975615
Shiiiiit. I got mine for under 900
>>
>>47973905
Last I heard Amazon stop selling it themselves so you can't get that great return policy, there's third party sellers listing it on Amazon but then you'll be dealing with that store's policy and they aren't gonna let you off that easy if you scam them.
>>
>>47973745
an Acog and RMR can be had for way cheaper than that
that's a rip off
love mine
>>
>>47973745
Just get a eotech for $100 you retard
>>
>>47975127
Ya and so is murder dipshit. Does that stop jamal?
>>
>>47975568
>you can check which seller is fulfilling your amazon order

Except that Amazon is so braindead and huge that they often move counterfeit products themselves even when they fulfill an order. And the ‘official storefront’ for many brands is often a third party seller who managed to register the name first. Sure you should email the company and check but why not order direct from the compabt and spare yourself the hassle
>>
>>47973745
You can get acogs designed for that barrel length. My acog I bought was optimized for m193 out of a 16 inch barrel. I also bought it on Amazon and checked the serial numbers and shit and even got it warrantyed by trijicon and didn't get a fake acog
>>
>>47976078
>I once played Russian roulette and lived. I'm fine so everyone should do it.
I'm glad your purchase worked out, though.
>>
>>47976101
Thanks, acog is bretty cool
>>
>>47976078
>buying anything high end on amazon
>giving money to leftists who hate you and want you dead
you retarded?
>>
>>47976150
Looking for a optic for my ar pistol..is the reflex type more optimal or the bushnell type
>>
>>47973745
hell no. you're better off getting a variable power scope or plain jane red dot
>>
>>47976364
Except if OP has astigmatism. Then red dots suck
>>
>>47974976
I'm gonna disagree with this. range commandos hype both those brands up for obvious reasons. you can get decent shit from holosun, primary arms, vortex, etc. you don't the tacticool higher end shit. that's just for wannabes
>>
>>47976394
what if OP is blind? do they make braille optics?
>>
>>47976415
You yell "Marco" and aim in the general direction of anyone that responds.
>>
>>47976402
Honestly though, I'd just rather spend the money and know I have a piece of equipment that has actually been battle tested. It's not necessarily about being tacticool, it's about knowing I have an optic that even 11B couldn't fuck up. If those midwits need to majorly fuck up to break the thing, it'll be a challenge for me.
>>
>>47976394
I have astigmatism. All that blurring and starbursting shit goes away if you just focus on the target instead of the dot like you're supposed to ya tard. Dot tightens right up.
>>
Worth it? What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>47976689
Seals use Vortex Razors LPVO for their "Recce" rifles, and probably lots of other stuff you don't see in official pics. The point is you don't have to only cater to those two brands.
>>
>>47976402
Is this you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvmbuv-Tzng. Even used the term "wannabe"
>>
>>47976844
Sure, but there's a pretty marked difference between seals and your average. My point is, you don't need to cater to brands at all, but if the thing is retard resistant, anyone that could score above a 40 on their asvab would have trouble breaking it. How do I know? Because even retards that scored below a 40 still had trouble breaking it. I don't think I'm being irrational here.
>>
>>47977140
You aren't wrong in your assessment. I personally got an ACOG because the glass clarity is fantastic and the durability is positive thing to have but wasn't my main concern. I chose to go with the 3.5x35 model ta11, I wanted the longer eye relief.
>>
>>47973745
ACOGs are ok but they're quickly being becoming obsolescent with all the advancements made with LPVOs. The only reason I'd ever buy an ACOG is for the field of view and glass clarity, but FOV has never been a huge concern for me and high end LPVOs have incredible glass. Personally OP I'd get an LPVO. They're just much more versatile than an ACOG is. Having the ability to dial from 1x up to even 10x in some cases is seriously a game changer vs being stuck at 4x, and LPVOs have much better eye relief. I think an LPVO+ offset or top mounted red dot is a better setup.
>>
>>47976394
I have a severe astigmatism with the potential of retinal separation in both eyes and red dots are not an issue. Going blind is an issue, but red dots are fine. Anyone complaining about an astigmatism with their sights is a turbo bitch.
>>
>>47977140
In that case the Elcan M145 is a very good optic too. The FOV and luminosity are better than the ACOG's, the very fine markings are good for long range shooting, and the optic is tough enough to survive MG recoil. The only cons is that it's not illuminated and a little bulky.

>>47977140
Most mid/high end optics are really solid and foolproof these days. Even some cheap red dots like the Romeo 5 are very hard to break.
>>
>>47977297
K, thanks for the input.
>>
>>47973745
You’re the one with real-world experience. Why are you asking us?
>>47973795
>can’t greentext
>Reddit spacing
Dilate.
>>
>>47974905
I don’t remember amazon always being like this. I’ve never used them for gun stuff, but just in general, it seems like everything is chink shit now
>>
>>47975441
second hand like /r/gunaccessoriesforsale or ar15.com.
>>
>>47976709
Lying fuck. Thats what they say to do about holo sights fuzziness, you cant focus astygmatism away you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>47978628
I recently got Hoppes from amazon that had chinglish on the label. The bugmen will stop at nothing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.