[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hi any one on here have any experiences with fisher cats? Like the wolverine looking critters? Just wondering.
>>
>>47971562
>>>/an/ is thataway.
>>
>>47971562
They're pretty elusive. You probably won't encounter one.
>>
>>47971694
I figured I'd be better off asking k since I can find more bigfoot sightings at any given time than fisher cat sightings in their native environment. I don't know any other board with as many treestand humping lumbersexuals so I figured I'd give it a shot. Also heard these guys are near impossible to shoot in the event of an attack and was wondering if they're like emu tier or what.
>>
>>47971562
It's a big weasel. Just kick it or yeet it at a tree lol
>>
>>47971731
https://youtu.be/7nbw_41AxYE
They sound weird asf though.
>>
>>47971952
Idk they're cute and stuff but I wouldn't consider them punt-a-pets.
>>
>>47971731
Is this post similar to the "I wouldn't worry about it" crowd?
>>
>>47971562
I had a wild mink and a wild pine Martin as a kid. What do you wanna know?

They’re based as shit and will kill every fucking rodent around but they’re also very bitey and they fucking stink.
>>
>>47972129
Do those eat cats and raccoons? I hear fishers eat cats and raccoons.
>>
>>47972080
>Is
Maybe??? Idk. I've heard of hunting dogs being ripped up by fishers. But also kind of just curious.
>>
>>47972271
My marten probably killed a young coon or two in the barn. He was mean as fuck to most things. He could not be near cats or small dogs.

But they’re not all that big and raccoons aren’t natural prey when they’re full size. He liked mice and fish and baby birds mostly.

The mink was nicer but stinkier. She wouldn’t kill a cat and would rather just eat a lot of fish and play with a rope toy and then sleep 20 hours straight.

They’re great animals but awful pets. They destroy so much stuff and generally don’t care about being petted or anything. If you don’t live on a farm with room to just let them have their own barn, I wouldn’t bother.
>>
>>47971562
I remember an anon was constantly at war with them, they decimated his chickens.
>>
>>47972369
Anything they can fit their relatively small head through, they can get through. And they’re also prolific diggers. Plus they like killing for fun and are smart enough not to fall for super obvious traps generally.

I wouldn’t want to have to fight them that’s for sure.
>>
>>47972339
You own a marten? How and why?
>>
>>47971938
You're looking for out friend
>>
>>47971562
They're like fast minks basically. Sort of like how an otter is an aquatic mink or a badger is a bulky mink.
>>
>>47972080
Just leave them alone....
>>
Ever seen these fucking things? Apparently they're smart enough to steal traps and use them to catch beavers.
>>
>>47972399
Owned. As a kid around 8?. I found a den of kits in a tree hollow when I was rabbit hunting. All of them were dead but one and I took him home and brought him back from the brink. I was pretty big into Tolkien at the time so he was Gandalf or “Ganny”.

I had him from then until he died at 14. He was really cool but man could he bite. I used to shoot squirrels and catch fish for his food but otherwise he’d eat raw meat of really any variety.

I wouldn’t advise owning one.
>>
>>47972474
That's cool and pretty admirable. A vet's office might have euthanized him or brought him from the brink as you say and let him loose again. Sounds like he had a happy little life thanks to you.
>>
File: 1610260397853.webm (1.1 MB, 622x720)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB WEBM
>>47971562
I'd like one as a pet.
>>
File: 1610160084345.webm (2.54 MB, 540x960)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB WEBM
>>47972441
they're fucking based, fren
>>
File: 1593106485953.webm (1.29 MB, 640x800)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB WEBM
>>47971562
>>
File: download.jpeg-2.jpg (16 KB, 281x179)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Love them fishercats! Got to see Vlad Guerrero Jr, Bo Bichette, and Cavan Biggio win us a title back in 2018. They've obviously been depleted of talent since the Jay's called everyone up. Cant wait for april, because I honestly prefer going to see them than going down to Fenway.
>>
>>47972720
It's just like watching me eating a bowl of chips.
>>
>>47972720
Didn't know they ate anything otter than fish
>>
>>47972698
The vet wanted to put him down but I wouldn’t let them so they gave me formula instead. The 80s was a different world though and now they’d probably make you surrender one to authorities.

He ended up weighing 6 and a half pounds which is massive for a marten. Never went a day without food and slept in a heated barn.

If they weren’t so insane and bitey they’d be a popular pet. Ferrets are just nerfed martens and stinkier too.
>>
File: 1597840128486.webm (2.86 MB, 576x720)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>47972737
these things are insanely smart. just imagine... their brain is the size of cat's brain. evolution never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>47972903
Gandalf could open anything not locked by key or code. Provided he could reach it. He could undo latches and such and knew how to open the fridge.

They’re very crafty animals and abundantly curious so given enough time they will figure out a way to solve a problem even if it’s to chew or dig past it.
>>
>>47972879
>Surrender to the authorities
Yeah there's a bigger push for that just about everywhere these days. Probably because people are more malleable than they used to be in that respect. Security vs Freedom.
Good on you for caring for the furry little devil. Sounds like it was an adventure.
>>
>>47973016
Well that and most people shouldn’t be allowed to own any animal because most are shit owners. There should be a litmus test to prove you’re not some invalid that will abuse a dog and such because that’s way too common especially with basketball Americans.

He was a devil if you were smaller than him and made of meat. He liked crunching mice. A LOT. He’d do it right in front of you because I think he knew it would gross most people out and I think he found that enjoyable.
>>
>>47973112
Sounds like he would fit in here
>>
>>47973197
I’ll have to see if my family has any Polaroids still. I know we had some of him sleeping which was about the only time you could photo him without it just being a blur.

They’d be an interesting pet if they didn’t smell at all and could be easily trained to use a litter box or only go outside. I had a ferret and they’re not really comparable aside from shape and some demeanor. A marten would kill and eat a ferret and then shit it back out on the carpet.
>>
File: 1599495756837.webm (769 KB, 480x600)
769 KB
769 KB WEBM
>>47972973
Fascinating. I wonder if anyone breeds them for pets... taking one from the wild is a horrible idea.
>>
>>47973537
Martens have apparently been domesticated more than once and weasels in general used to be somewhat popular pets. Good vermin exterminators. Can’t say I’ve ever seen anyone selling martens and it probably isn’t legal? Mink I’ve seen sold but they’re only maybe debatably better pets. Mine, Galadriel “Gala” was a tad better behaved than Gandalf but stinkier and just as unsuited to indoor living.

These sables seem cool but I bet they still shit all over the house even if “trained”. Also they will get into everything and no, you can’t hide it from them. People say birds are like having a perpetual toddler but weasels are like having a perpetual toddler that is much faster and sneakier than a bird and also much more bitey in general than any other pet.
>>
>>47973665
In Japan otters are very popular but apparently they end up getting put down or just spontaneously dying because they don't want to live in a 450 sqft apartment.
>>
>>47971562
I've seen them in upstate NY. I walked outside to take a piss at my parent's house and one ran out to a tree line. It was about a football field away and they bob up and down like weasel's when they run. I have a friend who's cat would fight with some and I heard his dad went out and shot .22lr over their heads to stop them from fighting. they'd be insane to try and shoot though, like whack a mole on crack.
>>
>>47973730
All weasels need a ton of room. Mine were welcome to the entirety of the large woodland we lived on. They would be gone for hours, sometimes overnights. I can’t imagine trying to keep one in all but the largest of homes and even then I certainly wouldn’t want to. They’re like the neediest dog meets the neediest cat put together and give it a few lines of blow every time it wakes up. If it’s inside and you lose sight of it or don’t pay attention for even a moment, it WILL be destroying something.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/an/3648737

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.