[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: AK12.jpg (978 KB, 3344x1060)
978 KB
978 KB JPG
I've built a bunch of AR's, and now I need to build an AK.

3 requirements:
-Ghost Gun
-Side Folding Stock
-Full length rail on top that covers the dust cover up to the gas block
-Can be either 5.45x39 or 7.62x39, whichever ammo is cheaper right now
I want to buy the 80% lower from Childers: https://www.childersguns.com

As for everything else, I am clueless. I do not know the parts interchangeability between all the various Soviet-Bloc AK variants (yugos, bulgarians, romanians, polish, etc), and parts kits are pretty sparse anyways.

I also need to know if there are any parts issues between ak47/74 lowers with uppers, and what kind of lower I need for side folding stocks.

Respond to this or so help me God I will join in on the spam of that stupid fucking tranny faggot girlfriend operator Karl Kasarda has an erection for.
>>
>>47370192
Dude, I suggest to build a standard AKM/74 build before partaking in an AK15/12 build. You used to be able to purchase AK-15 parts kits from shady Russian websites but the FSB shut them down.

Building an AK is not like an AR, AT ALL!.
If you want to take a step up, build a FAL and be a chad.
>>
>>47370220
Thanks for the suggestion, but the reason I want to build an AK is because in the ammo shortage, I want a gun that can munch down the comparatively cheap, garbage ammo available for the AK's. 5.56 and 7.62 nato are prohibitively expensive right now.

I am aware building an AK is a challenge, and want to do it right, so thanks.

Any particular AKM kits out there I should look at?
>>
>>47370253
Any particular AKM kits out there I should look at?
Much of thr market has dried up and good luck finding a decent AK74 kit without paying $1,000+.

/akg/ will be of greater service. I already got my kits long before the market started to dry up and corona killed off the market. As for surplus kit the best bet is finding Romainain or Yugoslav kits but there are more out there if you can find them, like on gunbroker or Akforums or Akfiles.
Wish you luck on your endeavors
>>
File: Chemomimi-chan.jpg (279 KB, 800x700)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>47370310
Thanks. I'll check those out.

I sincerely hope Trump stays in office. Its the only way ammo and guns will come down in price.
>>
fuck off johnny you utter retard
>>
File: Iraqi Bubba AK47.jpg (80 KB, 640x480)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>47370332
No problem anon, I also suggest checking out tutorials online and weaponsguild, those guys are usually go-to for gun building.

For your AK project, get a cold hammers forged chrome lined barrel, preferably European made but I think the US made ones are up to par, Get Russian made 7.62x39, I usually get golden tiger and wolf. For magazines, get surplus steel, surplus "bakelite", circle 10, and those sturdy US palm mags with metal feed lips. All other magazines are best suited for range use only. Cheers!!
>>
>>47370332
Hope against hope as much as you like, I certainly am, but I absolutely wouldn't bet on it. You have until January 20th to get whatever you think you're gonna need.
>>
>>47370380
thanks king.
>>
Anon, AK12/15 is a completely unique pattern. The closest thing we have is 100 series saigas, which you will ed one to serve as a host rifle. you can get a saiga and a 12 parts kit and send it off to one of the builders who does these builds, doing it yourself is foolish when you have no experience.
>>
>>47370310
just build an AR 47 upper and slap it onto your AR lowers and buy a new bcg. congrats you can shoot 7.62 for 1/2 the cost off building an Ak47
>>
>>47370192
You are going to pay a lot for that.
>>
>>47370192
cursed image
>>
>>47370192
This ship sailed 10 years ago. You’re too late.
>>
>>47370192
You actually probably don't own any guns given the abysmal state of your questions so kys faggot and get off /k/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.