[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IDOGEAR G3.jpg (47 KB, 385x645)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
What pants do you like to wear on your hikes, camping trips or if you are military, deployments? I am in the market for some pants and would appreciate any feedback on what makers/types are preferred. I recently heard that BDU pants with removable knee pants may have a tendency to get snagged in brush. Not sure if this is true but it got me thinking.

Thanks, and fuck Jannnies.
>>
Bump
>>
>>46039505
aw jeez rick
>>
bump
>>
>>46039505
You can tuck the knee pads into the pocket so there is nothing to snag on.
>>
>>46039505
Prana Zion pants. Comfy, waterproof, breathable, and tough. May not be “operator” but damn if they’re not worth it.
>>
Real shit I wear rothco m86 woodland cargo pants and they work great, I'm sure there are better options but they work fine
>>
>>46039505
https://www.fortbraggsurplus.us/Scorpion-OCP-U-S-Army-Combat-Uniform-Trouser-p/ocp-combat-uniform-trouse.htm
>>
>>46039698
Oh, well that solves that problem. I was watching a Garand Thumb video on gear and he mentioned the knee pads getting snagged. Nice to get a different viewpoint that solves that problem. >>46039702
Thank you for the recommendation. These pants fit what I am looking for. I will look into these pants.
>>46039705
I do have a nice pair of Rothco ballistic goggles and fuck me are they nice. I will look into these pants too. Thank you for the recommendation.
>>46039712
Are these actually standard issue? These are really nice pants and at a great price. Thanks for the recommendation
>>
>>46039748
Yep surplus pants if you choose the work option theyll top out at like $15 and come with free sweat stank but that goes away
>>
File: 1593731292487.jpg (132 KB, 1920x1080)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>46039505
Why in the hell would you wear any pants with integrated kneepads while hiking?
>>
>>46039748
>These are really nice pants and at a great price.
Now try finding your size.
>>
>>46039936
Because they are removable???
>>
First lite guides
>>
>>46039712
>>46039748
Milfag here, stop buying “issued” uniforms. They fade and tear super easily and are absolute shit.
Get a pair of $30 Tru-Spec BDU pants or some European surplus, or even a pair of those $50 Chinese Crye ripoffs on Amazon.
>>
>>46039505
CryePrecision G4 hot weather. LARPing in my area is usually in 100F with 100% humidity.
>>
>>46040343
Should I get the 50:50 cordura meme or another material?
>>
Fjallraven Vidda Pro. They’re way too comfy and durable. I’ve worn them for summiting 14ers, riding dirt bikes, shooting, hiking/backpacking. I look like a faggot cause I only have two of them and wear them consistently, even at work.
>>
>>46040417
>$285
holy fuck, do they have a lifetime warranty at least?
>>
Beyond clothing K5 maker's pant, Tru spec BDU pants, or surplus from far too many countries to list.
>>
>>46040940
American military pants are heavy as fuck, rip easily, way too many unnecessary pockets, worst knee pad system ever envisioned. Theyre dogshit is what I'm trying to say. No idea about other countires.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.