[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 66l6il9hnvs21.png (1.66 MB, 2036x1444)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
https://mangadex.org/chapter/944072/
>>
>>24504111
That was nice, i suppose.
>>
>>24504111
We didn't really need that much Nitori.
>>
>>24504842
I'll never understand why ZUN loves shoving Nitori into stuff as much as he does. At least with Mamizou it's usually because he needs someone to be shifty and untrustworthy, but Nitori literally only shows up to try and make a profit
>>
>>24504921
And greed isn't one of the main defining factors of humanity?
>>
>>24504948
But we already have Reimu.
>>
I miss WaHH Sanae.
>>
File: 32536.png (122 KB, 235x537)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
Cute
>>
It was nice to see Kasen again. Very cute ending.
Gotta hope this is a sign that ZUN will put her into stories frequently from now on.
>>
File: n13.jpg (129 KB, 424x511)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
many reaction pictures
>>
File: n17.jpg (117 KB, 350x401)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>
Komachi went off to prepare two press releases, one for Reimu's heroic victory and one for her heroic death. Nice.
>>
>>24505419
this sort of thing has happened in real life too, like richard nixon preparing two press releases depending on whether or not the astronauts on the moon were able to come back to earth or not. I wonder if ZUN as thinking of that sort of thing when he wrote this, or if it's just a coincidence.
>>
This was really nice. A cherry on top of a decade of this story.

>>24505244
That's what I'm hoping for too.
>>
File: n29.jpg (197 KB, 457x385)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>24505320
>>
>>24505528
Knowing ZUN, pretty sure it's a direct reference.
>>
>>24504111
Both Kasen and Reimu are good girls!
>>
File: eiki.png (486 KB, 556x676)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>>24504111
SHE'S SO
GODDAMN
PRETTY AAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: reimo no.png (73 KB, 400x306)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>24504111
Here you go, /jp/
>>
File: sort.png (174 KB, 400x306)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>24507258
sorry, random anon; your taste is fine
>>
>>24505528
>>24505736
I wouldn't call it a reference. It happens frequently, most commonly with elections.
>>
Seems like it's intended to make sure Kasen is available in the future.

Wonder if ZUN has some immediate plans for her.
>>
This manga lasted a whole decade. Wild to think about
>>
>>24512749
Wild and Horned to think about
>>
Oh god Kasen is cute! So cute! She is so dignified compared to those Hakurei sluts
>>
Reimu's mom...forever!
>>
File: komachi_azumaya.jpg (146 KB, 1038x1038)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Why did Komachi prepare for Reimu's death? Reimu can't be defeated right? She has that invincible spell card after all.
>>
>>24513342
Reimu has been defeated a few times before.
>>
File: me.png (516 KB, 556x676)
516 KB
516 KB PNG
>>24506802
>>
File: x23.png (865 KB, 1017x1443)
865 KB
865 KB PNG
>>24513342
Kasen is a deva afterall, maybe she's that powerful? She did hide the sword because she thought Reimu couldn't do it on her own.
>>
We need more Tenshi.
>>
>>24513342
Partly to remind us that she's not the stupid lazy bum fanon makes her out to be half the time, partly to remind people that Reimu's still just a person and that was probably her closest brush with death since PC-98's time, partly to further set up Kasen as a near globe-shattering power that people deny her to be, but mostly probably just because it's kind of a cool dialogue in general.
>>
>>24515048
We need at least 100 times more Tenshi.
>>
>>24518151
>partly to further set up Kasen as a near globe-shattering power that people deny her to be
She's not that strong if any run of mill celestial can beat her
>>
>>24513342
like it or not, kasen is in fact a sage, and each sage is scary powerful. if shit actually went south and kasen couldn't control shit reimu woulda definitely died.
>>
>>24518349
m8 i don't think tenshi coulda done shit in that situation whether you liked it or not.
>>
>>24518396
Tenshi is a celestial, Kasen was a fake hermet. Also, Reimu has crushed devas and wicked hermits before. Kasen isn't some special case
>>
>>24513342
Kasen is really powerful as a deva and youkai sage. She also sapped Reimu's power, she was so hungry she could barely function until she ate. Ultimately its moot because in true Gensokyo fashion Kasen just wanted to fight her, not kill her, which is why she kept telling her to eat the rice ball and ended up fighting Reimu's way with danmaku after throwing shit at her for a while.

But really it was mostly just a joke ZUN told through Komachi. He's used "haha we almost had to get a new shrine maiden!" plenty of times now. Theres no real deeper meaning to it other than to get a laugh.
>>
File: wahhepilogue.png (116 KB, 573x189)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
What does this say? Are we getting more on August 26?
I need Kasen 100% oni form to show up
>>
>>24518396
Tenshi wouldn't have had much trouble with Kasen, she easily grasped the entire situation and proposed to imobilize Kasen.
The Tensh didn't even seem to consider Kasen a threat, which makes perfect sense considering celestial >>> hermit.
Tenko is a ligh hearted character who plays around a lot, but in a serious fight she would curbstomb most of Gensoukyou's top tiers.

Also, Komachi is lying to make herself look better. She said that she brought Tenshi to hell, but we know that Tenshi was the one who opened the gate to hell.
"Being the hard worker that I am" is the reason why she went to Eiki instead of helping Reimu, but we all know that Komachi is lazy. She probably was scared by Kasen and just ran away.
>>
File: 1589464748840.png (197 KB, 573x422)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>24513342
Not exactly death, but just if Reimu is unable to return/wake up. Oni Kasen is 100% capable of doing this without actually killing Reimu by just trapping her in hell
>>
>>24518151
>that was probably her closest brush with death since PC-98's time
She literally died like a couple chapters before that arc though.
>>
I want more Silent sinner in blue, the spellcard fights were so great
>>
>>24513342
It kinda got brushed off, but I find the fact that they so casually talk about Reimu's possible death rather unsettling. Like "oh yeah too bad about that huh? no matter" kinda feeling.

Nice of them to not let her "die" in vain tho.
>>
>>24518638
>Are we getting more on August 26?
No, it's related to that one non-canon Komachi manga Azuma Aya is working on. WaHH is over.
>>
File: Eah9WaUXQAEz6KI.jpg (611 KB, 1141x1141)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>24520397
>WaHH is over.
>>
>>24520322
Since SSiB we knew that Reimu was "replaceable", but replacing the shrine maiden will likely cause quite a lot of inconvenience in Gensokyo, especially the village.
Also probably why they prepared such a story in the first place, softening the blow of the news if Raymoo had dieded.
>>
>>24520397
Why is there an advertisement to something that doesn't matter in my manga?
>>
>>24520487
Well it is Touhou related still. Not to mention it was featured in the Garakuta site iirc.
>>
File: x1.png.jpg (261 KB, 1000x1435)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>24518638
It and the text on the first page is talking about this manga https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_AM21201275010000_68/
ZUN made this chapter officially for it even though that manga itself is not official, and I suppose it was uploaded there first. The text says that it's(this chapter of that manga) going to be published on that date, presumably. (I say 'presumably', because I wasn't aware that the secondary work was being officially published at all.)
>>
>>24520487
It matters because this is a chapter of that manga technically.
>>
I don't understand why WaHH has to end, or why there isn't a continuation. Aya keeps drawing Touhou doujins, including her pretend-WaHH Komachi series, so she clearly wants to keep doing Touhou. Why not let her? Doesn't even have to be a proper regular series, just an episode here and there.
>>
>>24520700
Because ZUN ran out of story. It's his comic, not hers.
>>
File: 1492330499471.jpg (38 KB, 362x346)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>24520487
I assume it's because its made by the same artist.

>>24520639
So wait, does that mean this epilogue isn't canon either? They said from the beginning that the Komachi manga was not going to be canon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (824 KB, 837x604)
824 KB
824 KB PNG
>>24520784
No this chapter is a canon WaHH chapter. It's just published as a special chapter of the non canon manga for who knows what reason.
>>
>>24520784
>So wait
Think people call it retroactive continuity? Basically the epilogue was written in response to the Komachi manga (Komanga?), but from a canon perspective the epilogue is part of WaHH and Komanga is a non-canon doujin based off it.
>>
>>24520723
ZUN has enough stories for two other series.
>>
>>24520700
A lot of Touhou artists will keep making Touhou doujins, especially if they're lucky enough for ZUN to acknowledge and essentially recruit them.
Doesn't mean they all have to be never-ending.
>>
>>24520929
A: Not about your waifu
B: One manga is about people falling asleep after drinking and the other is about people getting drunk and falling asleep
>>
>>24518422
>Reimu has crushed devas and wicked hermits before. Kasen isn't some special case
No... she hasn't. Hermits, whatever; the important subject here is devas. I guess you could argue she beat Yuugi while Yuugi was handicapping herself, but Suika, another deva, canonically defeated her and basically just decided to quit her incident on her own.
>>
>>24518422
>>24518349
also Tenshi is exceptionally powerful and canonically defeated Suika/Yukari/Reimu etc
>>
>>24521107
Actually not sure about Reimu. Her route in SWR is all about her defeating everyone else, though
>>
>>24519611
>She probably was scared by Kasen and just ran away.
this I doubt. Komachi simply is very unafraid, unsurprisingly given what she is. She may have left to not complicate the situation since she and Kasen are close
>>
>>24520700
Why not make more new manga?

Oh wait.

Also did you forget that ZUN called for her again for Grimoire of Usami?
>>
>>24520958
A lot of Touhou artists are trash, unlike Aya. I think we all know one recent example.
>>
>>24521122
Reimu is literally her final boss.
>>
>>24521260
>>24521122
I miss-typed. I meant to say Yukari.
>>
>>24518508
>as a deva and youkai sage
>and youkai sage
Sages are simply wise, and specifically those who helped form Gensokyo, let's say, "politically", and while the sages we know are powerful, there's been no indication that "sage", a title that has nothing to do with strength... has to do with strength. Yukari is an eldritch, ancient youkai. Okina is one of the oldest and most powerful gods. Kasen is one of the strongest of the strongest race of youkai: oni, who rule by strength so her deva title is more noteworthy RE power.
>>
>>24521272
So is Yukari in AoCF, yeah I guess you could argue she wasn't really trying her best to win.
>>
File: file.png (6 KB, 1201x96)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>24521297
She wasn't. She had an incident to resolve and wanted to move on.
>>
>>24521364
That's true, but it's also a typical Yukari excuse, in light of what Dream Kasen says about her.
>>
>>24521422
Well Tenshi is the one who noticed that she wasn't on her game.
>>
>>24521431
Just to be clear I'm pretty sure any celestial could flatten Yukari, just pointing out what actual instances of fighting between them we know about, and their circumstances.

The skies of Gensokyo are above the land, universally.
>>
>>24521431
True, but it could be the same thing as Alice - you know, how she never fights at full strength, because she's afraid of what it would mean if she went all out and lost. This could have been Yukari's way of extracting herself from the fight without losing face - by making it seem like she didn't really care about winning anyway. Yukari is the kind of person who does everything ironically.

Mind you, I'm not implying she'd necessarilly lose, her winning is fully as possible in my opinion.
>>24521443
This seems a bit extreme.
>>
>>24521483
>This seems a bit extreme.
How so

Celestials are invincible, immortal, and impossibly powerful, lacking any sort of downsides. They're supreme being given the ultimate reward of a flawless existence. That's their whole thing.

Lunarians are actually *lesser*, since they're more like pseudo-Celestials. They cheated to get their long lives, are not immortal, and are tainted with impurity. They're also very fallible, and can't handle it if "life" starts poisoning their environment. Nonetheless, we know them to be beyond anything on the earth.

These are just facts, it's not as if I like them. The point is that they're powerful. Yukari notoriously loathes Celestials/Lunarians because of how smug and powerful they are. She also utilized Lunarians and their absurd power to curb the ambitions of youkai in her first lunar invasion. Didn't even fight them in the second, just tricked them and was satisfied with getting away with that.
>>
Oh great, the thread got hijacked by a powerlevel-fag.
>>
>>24521559
Where
>>
>>24521539
Well we know nearly nothing about Heaven and what really high-level Celestials are like, but I think it's safe to say that Tenshi isn't the most powerful of them, no matter what she says. Her record in fighting games puts her on roughly the same level as other Gensokyo heavyweights, strong but not broken.I say it as a long-term Tenshi fan.

Though I suppose you're just trolling anyway.
>>
>>24521922
>Though I suppose you're just trolling anyway.
Because I'm referring to canon texts? It's Lunarians and Yukari who have acknowledged Celestials' strength. The point of her character is also that she is absurdly powerful and absurdly immature. She deserves none of it, but is what she is

but whatever
>>
>>24521942
also the point of celestials and lunarians, furthermore

Though Celestials don't tend to be interested in anything other than living peacefully or stealing men
>>
>>24521942
>I'm referring to canon texts
Well feel free to cite those.
>>
>>24521942
Yes and texts also say that Reimu is completely invincible thanks to that one spellcard, even though she's clearly not.

>The point of her character is also that she is absurdly powerful and absurdly immature.
That's true but that doesn't mean she's the most powerful 2hu ever (according to ZUN that's Hecatia anyway, bleh).
>>
I think celestial level are toe to toe with lunarian. Since heaven is the first resident of God then those bullshit lunarian move to the moon surface.
>>
>>24522022
Is this Google Translate?
>>
>>24521978
I fucking did, but if you want a repeat SWR has Yukari talking about how she hates Celestial superiority and smugness in her route, SSiB has Yukari being brought low by a Lunarian, PMiSS discusses how Yukari used the power of Lunarians to stopper youkai ambition, PMiSS again discusses how Celestials are a literal hard counter to youkai. I will admit I can't remember if any Lunarians specifically mentioned that Celestials are strong, though in CiLR chapter 6 Yorihime is compared to a Celestial in terms of speed.

>>24521991
I fuckin never said she was. When did I say she was? She's powerful, that's all. My whole point whenever I engage with this crap is that people like to speculate, but if they actually played the games/read the books and manga, they'd know a lot is not up to speculation at all. I inform because I've actually read and played everything.

Yukarifags especially, although the point of HER character is bullshitting her capabilities and surrounding her true aims/level of power in mystery. She likes to scheme, and though she boasts often she isn't known for fighting. She's certainly powerful but knows her limits.
>>
>>24522031
I'm just uncomfortable because you're making points I'm usually making, but you do it in such an exaggerated way it kind of makes me feel awkward by association.
>>
>>24522078
Meh. I'm touchy on the subject because powerlevel faggotry was one of the reasons I refrained from looking into Touhou. Then when I actually got into it I learned that Yukari literally manipulates public opinion regarding her strength, Eiki and Yuuka are known to actually be really powerful, there's a race of people on the moon that are obnoxiously strong and their being obnoxious is deliberately meant to annoy you, and that the actual strongest in the series are generally silly. Even Reimu, who isn't the most powerful but is very capable and versatile, is powerful by virtue of talent. Basically it's like a mockery of powerlevel discussions, and on top of all this is the spell card system that is literally around just to level the playing field.
>>
>>24522148
True, though I think ZUN only remembers the spellcard system when it's convenient (like in GoU) and completely ignores it the rest of the time. Because it really wouldn't make sense for people from other realms of existence to use spellcard rules.
>>
>>24522265
Nah it does. I think he mentioned somewhere how it would be silly to always have the heroes explain spell card rules, but yes they explain spell card rules and agree to use them in general.

The only thing ZUN definitely forgot was how early on the cards were actually given graphics, and nowadays he admits a lot of the characters just use their abilities and give them names instead, no cards
>>
>>24522265
I think the Spell Card Rules not existing or being used by other realms is specifically a plot point in LOLK; that's why Eirin created that medicine that lets you see the future, because that way you can survive outside of Gensokyo without the Spell Card Rules

With respect to stuff in Gensokyo, I'd imagine Reimu can't necessarily use Fantasy Heaven when she's not at her strongest or in Gensokyo
>>
>>24522449
LoLK is the only time that is brought up, yeah.

They're using lethal danmaku and trying to kill you. Reimu should be able to use Fantasy Heaven whenever, but Fantasy Heaven isn't an "I win" button. She indefinitely fires bullets while invulnerable. She's invulnerable by slipping out of reality. Conceivably, if you can grab her through reality you break the move, or if you wait until she's too physically worn down to keep going.
>>
I just want more fairies, is that so much to ask?
>>
>>24525740
They're busy cameoing in Suichouka
>>
God I miss shit like this
>>
Every time I read some new and official 2hu manga I have an urge to listen to IOSYS which invariably torments me for the rest of the week by ringing inside my head
https://youtu.be/S51mf1Zs0EU
>>
"My favorite 2hu is the strongest because some battle quote said she was strong"
Yeah.....no
>>
File: sad1.png (143 KB, 800x650)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
How do I get a secret mommy wife?
>>
>>24504111
Will read
>>
File: 1574121796534.png (154 KB, 733x722)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>Being the hard worker that I am
shut the fuck up komachi
>>
>>24531390
not even drop, etc.
>>
File: 1576805161075.jpg (157 KB, 623x617)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>24504948
We have several other characters that can play the part of the greedy profit-seeker
>>
>>24544611
One of them is fated to always fail and the other doesn't make profit, they just spend other people's money.
>>
File: 1575023333208.jpg (107 KB, 620x700)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>24546644
>the other doesn't make profit, they just spend other people's money.
to be fair, that's exactly what profit is in the long run
>>
>>24546644
>and the other doesn't make profit, they just spend other people's money
That sounds familiar.
>>
>>24547029
Profit is benefiting from an investment by getting a higher return. Spending other people's money is just wasting money that people give you. It's about as much profiting as spending neetbux on onaholes, which I'm sure /jp/ would argue is a huge profit, but ultimately they both just cause other people and themselves to lose money, not gain it, so they wouldn't work out as well as the kappa.
>>
>>24548222
>Profit is benefiting from an investment by getting a higher return. Spending other people's money is just wasting money that people give you.
So profit is spending a bit of money to get other people to give you more money (and then spending it).
>>
oh it was still going
>>
>>24548274
>So profit is spending a bit of money to get other people to give you more money
Yes. They don't invest their own money or reinvest money they take. They just suck it away like a black hole.
>>
File: 1584631352633.jpg (2.95 MB, 2427x1500)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
>>24548222
the difference is between "creating value" and "taking value"
lending money and earning on the interest, for example, is not the same as spending money and time on land and harvest for crops to sell for profit. yet the former can make you very rich all the same. profit is return on investment, and there are many things of value that one could call "return"
to have an ability that allows you to spend other people's money, then, is to have the same result as any kind of profit. by the result of her actions jo'on gets things of value (even if they were fashionable clothing or services). it is not unreasonable to say she profits from applying her ability
>>
>>24550646
>it is not unreasonable to say she profits from applying her ability
If you call getting neetbux and immediately blowing them all so that you can't even eat profiting.
The kappa's end goal is to get people to give them money through the exchange of something that has worth and keep the wealth gained. Same for Reimu. Their goals aren't aligned with the Yorigami sisters.
>>
File: 1569981823497.jpg (1.41 MB, 1240x1754)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>24551407
>If you call getting neetbux and immediately blowing them all so that you can't even eat profiting.
sure - you're getting stuff you didn't have before
no one said the profit had to be smart or optimal
>>
>>24531390
That's the Yukarifag defense.

You should only use "because ZUN said so" or "because this is a canon rule" or "because they did this one thing". That's how Yukari winds up inflating her status within the games and extra materials, but she's not that special
>>
Wild bumb
>>
>>24520182
Hey, I said closest brush with death. Not death.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.