[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • [sjis] tags are available. Install the Mona font to view SJIS art properly.
  • There are 57 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: fairy is bad.png (719 KB, 600x600)
719 KB
719 KB PNG
Errors? Set the compatibility of the .exe to Windows 7.

Using GIMP to create a sprite or PCC? Select "do not write color space" and save it as a 24-bit BMP.

What version to play? Read the pastebin.

>New? Start here:
https://pastebin.com/FDv2ATAa

>Mods:
https://pastebin.com/5ja03yuf

>E+ Changelogs:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29

>Elona Custom Release Thread:
https://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:29851

>Elona+ Custom-G Release Thread:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:29336

>Current Version:
Elona+ 1.99 (2020-05-17)
>Latest Custom:
E+C 1.90.4 (2019-06-02)
Elona+ Custom-G 1.90.4.2 (2019-10-20)

>Omake Overhaul English Release Thread:
https://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:28909

>Current Version:
Elona Omake Overhaul EN (2019-06-17)
Omake Overhaul EN Hack final release (2018-12-14)

>OOMSEST Updates
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ObWACccjqvaJLcXBfsH2tHEGaYfaD0S_

>Elin's Inn
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1moY3mcjFNPCytLFTdhgB0Xhnq2Bbt_yE/view
>>
Should I remove the English Release version of OOM from the next OP? Apparently OOMSEST is mostly in english anyway?
>>
For the anon that asked for reduced grind try GFU variant,it may teach you bad habits though

https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:30363?
>>
>>24004526

Last thread.
>>
I was thinking about coming back to Elona after a couple months, but I was wondering if I should wait until they drop the 2.0 version. I mostly play Custom anyways but maybe I'll give E+ a shot.
Is thirst still a thing?
>>
>>24407915
Yes, but it's rather inconsequential to deal with. All it does is slow down sp regeneration in the first place, and a magaqua fixes the problem permanently.
>>
File: 1374043137538.jpg (294 KB, 1344x712)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
It's starting to be really stronk.
I'm having too much fun doing dungeons to walk on the map and try to trigger wandering vendors encounter to get more scrolls of name, though.
I really should go back to Mani and do some MMM too, my divine wisdom is starting to be great. 3k turns, one cast lasts me a whole dungeon, cozy.
>>
>>24408930
Also makes you permanently take double damage from ice and lightning. I'll stick with Custom-G.
>>
In Elona+, do you guys keep living weapons at level 10 to avoid the blood sucking? Or do you just deal with the constant bleeding announcements?
>>
>>24419361
Depends on what you want to make out of it.
Active combat you're better off at level 10, but if it's a faith stick no reason to not level it to 15.
>>
>>24420234
But faith does nothing past lv40,does it? beside the fourth tier reward i mean
>>
>>24420999
More favor gives you more stats from the god.
Speed from Lulwy, etc.
>>
>>24415865
It's only 1.3x lightning, an 1.75x cold, and why are your resists weak enough for this to matter? You'll need wet status anyway for the +speed from swimming.
>>
Is there a way to play this game in a bigger resolution? Maybe not 1920x1080 but anything close to that would be swell
>>
>>24406331
What's being said about Fairies in OP's image?
>>
>>24423283
They are very stretchy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (11 KB, 697x264)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>24422399
you can type in a custom screen res in config.txt, it's how i set 1280x720
>>
>>24423283
Ignore it. It's just an alternate reality leaking in to our world.
>>
How much of a difference is there between 1.69 and 1.99? im new and 1.69 is the version i was given to start off with
>>
>>24438235
Why didn't you download it yourself? I don't get it.
Go here for Plus 1.99:
https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:32126
Go here for Plus 1.90 and the Custom and Custom-G 1.90 addons:
https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:29336
>>
>>24438235
>1.69
Unless you're holding on to it like some sort of sacred cow because of a 2000 hour long save there is no reason to NOT at least be 1.90, anon.
>>
>>24438960
>>24440234
i was told that it was a "working build" by a friend who gave it to me, so i just assumed it was really hard to to get working. i guess he hasnt played in a while...
>>
>>24440505
You can just play plus stand-alone, or if you want custom, merge a 1.90 version of custom into a plus 1.90 folder.

OOMsest is a bit trickier, if you want it's translations.
>>
>>24440565
I'll just do plus stand-alone
>>
anyone still keep up a cute or monster girl sprite sheet? haven't been here in like 4 years
>>
>have decent run going
>want to reset for literally no reason
>>
>>24447603
i hope you never become like me , finishing games becomes a living hell
>start a run , doing decent
>learn a new mechanic / new method that makes it more efficent
>now i HAVE TO restart from scratch because i feel like i didn't optimize my playtime
>repeat ad infinitum.
>>
File: bye bye.gif (1.97 MB, 360x360)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>24447711
Don't dox me, you jerk.
>>
>>24447711
Is that autism ?
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>24415865
>not having superb resistances
Ngmi
>>
>>24468236
>resistances
gay
>>
>>24460517
It sounds like speedrunning. Is speedrunning autism?
>>
File: 1593044443493.png (259 KB, 693x601)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>24477883
Yes.
>>
File: AnoHoward.png (85 KB, 730x410)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>Elona+ 1.995 released yesterday because 2.00 took too long and Ano can't into version numbers
>Update from 1.99 to play 1.995 all day yesterday
>1.995R releases today to fix broken shit
> "Save data from 1.995 will not work with 2.00 and later versions."
> wat?
> maybe i can update from 1.995 to 1.995R and then to 2.00 later?
> can't do that either
> 1.995 save files are literally a dead end
> Ano finally nerfed so hard he nerfed save files

Ano you fucking hack fraud I want my Saturday back.
>>
>>24483660
Knew that would happen, well didn't know he'd go with a 1.995 version but knew that there'd be gamebreaking fixes needed for 2.0. At least he released it with a fucked up name so everyone would know that it was a guinea pig build.
And yeah I don't know why Ano can't into semantic versioning
>>
>>24483660
Ano status: still Ano.
>>
so +custom-G is never gonna get updated again, is it? should I just bite the bullet and get 1.99 and deal with the piss stuff among all the other unwanted changes? hell I havent even been keeping up in the past year, is there anything else dumb?
>>
>>24489441
There's not really much of note between 1.90 and later versions.
>>
Anyone have, I guess, a template for the pcc sprite sheet? Not a blank body. I mean something to show the bounds of each sprite on the sheet.
>>
bump
>>
File: template.png (1 KB, 128x192)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>24492129
Fuck it, I seem to have figured it out myself. I think?
>>
>>24502649
The heavy charges will vaporise the transport, and kill off any traces of biological content.
>>
>>24502649
Looks about right. Add it as a layer and up the layer's transparency and it'll act as a layout for actual spritesheet creation.
>>
>>24512904
That's the plan. Someone tell me if they use the template and it isn't aligned right.

>>24502813
Fucking what.
>>
>>24423459
>TRY IT, BIG BOY
>>
>>24519336
Play it in dolby stereo in your lounge so the neighbours can hear it too.
>>
File: barf.png (269 KB, 800x800)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
Any predictions for what Ano has planned for 2.0? He seems to think it's some kind of special marker.
>>
I haven't played this in ages, would the fastest start to grinding be dwarf + pianist to get cooking, weightlifting, and gardening all at once?
>>
File: ano_did_this.png (50 KB, 640x90)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>24483660
Bummer.
>>
>>24483660
What could possibly change so much that any save file before1.995R isnt compatible with future versions?
>>
>>24533164
Oh no, that was noa alll the way back in vanilla.
Ever built staircases to other floors in your house and found tight ropes? It was added so you wouldn't starve to death if you forgot a downstairs.

>>24534036
Not any version, only 1.995 is broken.
>>
>>24536647
No I killed off my character because Ano won't let me bring it to the next version
>>
>>24536685
If you didn't play on 1.995... then you died for nothing.
>>
Remember to regularly backup your save folder.
>>
How long until the download link for Elona+ works again?
>>
>>24548718
The old one stops working when Ano puts up a new version.
>>
Which of the damaging feats is the best in the long run?
>>
>>24566083
You mean the SPACTs?

Dancing Wire has a lot going for it. Poison Nail and Hypnosis are both good. More so if you can build towards Resolution Hand afterward. Magical Plants is meta early on, as it gives a poison based full screen AOE at 30 farming. Really strong. I'd check the wiki for the stats they are based on and what they 'evolve' in to. You get new abilities based on what stats/skills you have. There's also a lot of special actions in general you get just for having the proper stats.

The 'proper' advice is probably Hypnosis to get Touch of Sleep and then build to get resolution hand.
>>
>>24566083
In the long run they don't scale well enough to be viable, or so I've heard. "Shining Wave seems cool, but if you lean on it you'll regret it later" is classic advice.
>>
>>24566083
>>24569364
>>24566344

Maybe golden storm, since it mostly ignores defense/resistance, and can blind blind immune enemies. At cap it hits in the 100-200k range, iirc.

Empathy feats also work, but they are cheating.
>>
>>24566083

Hypnotist backed by Resolution Hand, Poison Nail leading to Hazard Recipe-treated attack food, or Golden Storm if you are willing to invest your plat in Alchemy, Gene Engineer, or Investing respectively. Fortunately all of them are quite easy to train up if you have plenty of gold to spend.

With Touch of Sleep backed by Resolution Hand, you can literally sleeplock enemies to death if they're vulnerable to sleep, and sleep is pretty easy to inflict on anything not a boss relatively speaking. If you can get the Blue Spirit gauntlets (spirit race creatures drop them) then your Gauge Release with Touch of Sleep is going to be even more powerful, particularly if your equipped gear has lots of plusses to their enchantment values.

As a bonus, since you're going to be training up Alchemy anyway you're also able to have high-level undeads from Coffins of Necromancy and lots of damage from throwing high-level Trismagistuses and Violent Skull Swords, so I'd say if you could only pick one skill, pick Alchemy.

Hazard Recipe involves poisoning food with said feat and then throwing them at enemies. They do a good job fucking them up on their own, not to mention that more Gene Engineer means more damage. If a boss ends up getting anorexia from vomiting too much, then they're pretty much screwed. However, the poisoned food is only effective if the target isn't too full to eat, so make sure to bring some cursed milk or alcohol with you to force their stomachs open.

And then there's Golden Storm. Investing is stupidly easy to train up if you have money and plat. Its advantage over the other feats is that it's simple and spammable; once you've trained your Investing up all you need is money and the stamina to throw it with. Obviously, make sure you carry plenty of money with you and wear something that protects against thieves so they don't steal your ammo.
>>
>>24569804
How is emphaty cheating? also isn't continuous attacks the bread and butter of melee characters?
>>
Where do I put the moongate rooms and NPCs files to?
>>
>>24577929
Continuous Attacks scales off of normal attack damage (sans elemental damage weapon enchantments), so it's better than most spacts. I dunno how well it compares, though; elemental damage is pretty big.
>>
>>24577929

Empathy feats are screen wide, cause enemies to freeze after they proc (1-2 turns), can cause status effects, and attack sp which doesn't go much past 2k even at endgame. You can clear the whole game with empathy feats, even capped boss monsters, and only learn 1 attack skill, plus your attributes.

Add some pets in talk mode and you will eventually get to a point were enemies just disappear as you walk around, banished from existence.
>>
>>24580237
>you can play as a cowboy whose horse tells hilarious jokes
>this is not only effective, but somewhat overpowered
>>
Does Eye of Mind work with magic, or can magic not crit?
>>
>>24580237
i assumed the skill was neat at best because it takes several turns to use it while the enemy pummels your pet or you
>>
>>24581452
What do you mean work with magic?

Eye of Mind puts things in a state of losing mana. And no magic can't crit.
>>
>>24583436
>Eye of Mind puts things in a state of losing mana.

You're thinking of Eye of Mana. Eye of Mind is the skill that governs how often you crit with physical attacks.
>>
>>24583508
Ah, you're right. Then the answer is no. Magic can't crit.
>>
>>24583068

That can happen, especially early on. However, once the skill procs on enemies they just stand there doing nothing until you finish. As your stats grow enemies generally don't get a chance to attack.

You can also hide in a smoke cloud once you get that skill, if they keep sniping you for some reason. AOE attacks still work in the cloud.
>>
>>24581117
>>24586177
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTING STYLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1NEOwNc0pg
>>
File: 01.png (396 KB, 800x597)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
Don't usually have zero resistance to any elements at this point so I didn't expect to get dropped like this. RIP
>>
>>24593541
>しくしく
しこしこ (´艸`)
>>
>>24593541
Consider it a valuable lesson.
>>
Elona+ 1.99 Drive is dead. Link anyone?
>>
>>24612477
I've only got 1.98.
>>
Which race is everyone playing as? Eulderna here, aiming to be a necromancer.
>>
>>24637651
Yerles / Farmer. I'm boring, I know.
I have tried other class and race as well but, that's my favorite combination.
>>
>>24637651
Current character is Mutant/farmer, I started as a thief to crit all the things.
>>
>>24637651
What would be good to punch everything to death with?
>>
>>24637651

Eulderna Thief. Superb+ Magic Resistance when you also have more Magic Resistance from corpses and mutations, no equipment needed, and there is no real drawback. Meanwhile, Thief's autocrit as an opener means you outright slaughter weak enemies with one attack and apply whatever status effects your weapon does to stronger ones (get a living weapon and tack on lots of Chaos damage for best results).

You can do entire Hunting quests killing all the enemies with one attack from a powerful ranged weapon, and Panic quests are only slightly more difficult. Dungeons? If you get the drop on your enemies (and you're not hilariously underpowered) they're pretty much fucked.

Bosses are the only real snag here, but you need other tactics to handle those anyway regardless of build, so.

>>24640867

Martial Arts and Tactics. Use your Attribute and Clear Mind buffs for more punching power. Use the Element Eyes to set your element to either Chaos if you want to shut down enemies with paralysis/blind/confusion or Cold if you want damage and have some cursed beer or something to Wet the boss with.
>>
>>24641162
None of that advice is a race.
>>
File: 04.jpg (46 KB, 348x279)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>24637651
Elea, because cute cunny.
>>
>>24637651
Lich warmage
>>
>>24641688

You obviously can't read the part where I said Eulderna for the free Magic Resistance.
>>
>>24637651
I'm running a fairy wizard right now.
>>
File: 1593123560248.gif (123 KB, 454x324)
123 KB
123 KB GIF
>>24637651
Fairy prostitute because i have no fucking idea on how to raise my speed in OOMSEST and just like shagging whole towns
>>
>>24612477
The previous version is taken down once a new one goes up. The game is on 1.995R now. Go look on the wiki for that.

https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:32211

If I could update the OP I would.
>>
So when are they gonna release version 2.0?
>>
>>24652323
Never played this game before, thinking about starting. Should I wait for 2.0 to drop, get started soon, or avoid this game like the plague? Also, is this game in "English" or Engrish?
>>
>>24649140
>i have no fucking idea on how to raise my speed in OOMSEST
Have some advice from the discord.

>in oomsest you can up your speed though eating food blessed by lulwys and drinking Hermes blood. So if you really want to get it high your gone be getting a lot of medals and praying/cooking
>you can also eat glass for speed exp(if you got eat anything feat), and bless special meat buns(which you can make with the pot for testing) with lulwy to have them give speed exp
>>
>>24654678
God knows when Ano is actually going to release 2.0. He released 1.995 then 1.995R as 'versions' just to avoid having to label a release 2.0. I have no clue what kind of major update he considers marking the game 2.0 for. That said, just go ahead and start. You'll probably cycle through a few characters figuring things out anyway. Get the basics of the game down before you try a legit do everything play through.

Start experimenting now. The game is mostly translated.
>>
>>24654678
Plus is 75% Engrish, 25% "Sorry, this is untranslated dialogue". Custom is 75% English, 25% "Sorry, this is untranslated dialogue". Custom-G is 75% English, 25% Engrish.

I'd say "old save files can always be safely moved forward to newer versions", but I heard there was some kind of save incompatibility debacle with a recent release of Plus? Anyway, don't bother waiting for a particular version.

Also, expect to die a lot while you figure out how to play. It's normal.
>>
>>24655230
Ano fucked up. Any save in 1.995 is forever locked in 1.995. 1.995R is fine, though.
>>
>>24649140

Early on you're best source of speed will be riding, lulwy, and wearing glass/spirit cloth/ether. Plus speed rings.

Mide game eating that gear + lulwy steamed buns can give speed xp.

Late game however, you'll be using custom speed spells and buying thousands of hermes blood at a shot.

An alternate progression path does exist:

For early game you can combine speed pots in a testing pan/pot/etc to get sped pots +1, +2, etc. This is only limited by your alchemy skill and potion stock, so you can get +100 speed pots and zip around super speed for a thousands turns if you want.

Later, once you have ways to level, or just start crafting descent pots with alchemy, the speed ether diseases scale forever in oomsest.
>>
File: imouto.png (486 KB, 526x571)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>>24637651
Lich wizzy all day baby. Sometimes I do necromancer or farmer subspecialization for fun. Also I love having tons of pets and micromanaging them. I don't care about cheesing the game with bells and shit. I like raising imoutos and little girls to be killing machines. Lich wizard is awesome for pet management once you get Healing Rain (which also heals necro pets). I also like obtaining and raising unique allies and passing them over to my next character using Soul Spindle. Did this with Frisia and Renai already, I wanna try copying a god sometime but I can't be assed to reach lvl 185 or so lol (lvl/2 is needed to copy an npc or enemy).
I've also played fairy pianist before but it got so boring and slow I spec'd into farming which actually makes sense since pianists have really high starting Weight Lifting. By lvl 50 my STR and CON were about as high as my MAG and twice as high as all other stats lol.
>>
File: bara-art-.jpg (619 KB, 1600x1200)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
>>24657955
>Lich wizzy all day baby. Sometimes I do necromancer or farmer subspecialization for fun. Also I love having tons of pets and micromanaging them
Sasuga Ainz-sama
>>
>>24655521

Also, reminder to keep backups of your save file and your old version around, because Ano.
>>
>>24657898
>>24654819
thanks! i am just used to custom herb buffet and AP system
>>
File: elona end21.png (459 KB, 819x640)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
I just killed Zeome on second try
Thoughts on + version
>Feather potion amazing
>Troll blood best heal
>Magical plants poison AOE OP, until lvl 35 when they cant onehit chaos seeds, chaos seeds OP
>Ancient medicine OP
>Not enough Diablo on Yith action, should have gone for rods of domination or catsister mount
>Ability to put weapons in shoot slot amazing
>thirst system is bad until you get juicer, then it is amazing
>high level pokeballs are amazing
>3 little girls with feather hats and ensemble is OP
Got a living weapon fairly early
Not enough dungeons, Are dungeons rarer?
Going now for a mutant predator, martial arts + vindalian jiujitsu + ether handblades seems fun
>>
>>24662312
Why not go for act 2?
>>
>>24662312
>>Magical plants poison AOE OP, until lvl 35 when they cant onehit chaos seeds, chaos seeds OP

Unless your Gardening sucks, Violent Garden indeed wrecks Act 1, but tapers off in damage as things start getting more poison resistance. That doesn't make it useless, however, if you also have access to the Anaphylaxis special action that inflicts Dim + Dysphea + vomiting on anything that is poisoned. A Violent Garden followed by a few uses of Anaphylaxis will make enemies on screen puke their guts out (which can make them starve to death) while not being able to physically attack worth a damn.

>>thirst system is bad until you get juicer, then it is amazing

Or you get a Magaqua and carry it with you. But juice is good for training up your Alchemy and Magic Device without having to spend time gathering materials and making stuff or burning a lot of rod charges/stamina.

>Not enough dungeons, Are dungeons rarer?

You can get rid of old dungeons and make new ones appear whenever you want by going to and from South Tyris.
>>
File: elonaplus_mdn9D8uVb7.png (1.07 MB, 1156x683)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
Haven't made a character in a year or so, is this asking me on what skill i want an exp multiplier?
>>
>>24669205
It's a freebie skill. Like if you want Pickpocket or Greater Evasion without having to get it from the guild trainer.
>>
I remember playing this many years ago with the sketchy translation that somehow made it hilarious. Is this game as funny in Japanese as it is in English? Now that I can read nip, I'm wondering what language to choose.
>>
>>24669205
What it does is increase the growth speed of that skill as well as unlocking it. Just like having equipment that improves a skill, will suddenly "upgrade" it from [] to [#] to [##]... etc., that means you'll get additional potential% upon skill level-up, thus potential decreases more slowly and the skill grows faster. The gain isn't that obvious unless if you hack to get #####, then your potential never goes under 100% or so
>>
>>24675109
The ### hashes just mean the skill is being increased, say +4 or something. It has nothing to do with potential.
>>
>>24569364
Depends on which games you're running. In permadeath where early game is absurdly lethal, all those high-damage, bad scale abilities are a godsend.
>>
>>24677775
I've tried raising a skill to absurd levels (Equipment modification via Elosnack) and then adding points to it, and I swear potential increases a lot more the higher the added skill level is. Not sure if the version I did that in has something to do with it. I recall potential wouldn't go below 100%, even though usually it stabilizes at 50% or so when you don't have any increases.
>>
>>24677775
>>24681333
Also, it takes like +50 in a skill to merely get to ##, so it wouldn't really make sense for it to be an indicator of increases. (I remember needing like +1000 or +2000 to get to #####, which is pretty much impossible to get without save editing)
>>
>>24681396
>>24681333
You can see your skills actuall levels using crafting recipies (or by looking at how derived stats such as damage/defense/spells change), they'll show the modified skill level and it's effects.

It's possible you broke something by raising the number too high, you might have also been on purge mode which has settings to prevent potential from going down.

Either way, I've capped base stats and used god weapons like frisia's tail, and they've never increased potential rates for me. (plus frisia's tale would be useless if it didn't boost your stats)
>>
what's this?
https://twitter.com/4GamerNews/status/1281498685390483457?s=19
>>
File: 1592082119187.png (353 KB, 870x384)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>24682373
our future
>>
>>24682373
>>24686385
Any clue how to get this thing in Japanese? I downloaded the chinese version from some random site since it doesn't show up in my 3rd world play store. Am I supposed to look for the Japanese version apk instead?
>>
>>24686411
I think so?
>>
>>24682373
Wasn't this a chinese game?
>>
>>24693589
https://youtu.be/GcvXkbRgr5Y
>>
Which guild should I join?
>>
>>24701568
Prostitute's guild.
>>
Never got a living weapon in 200+ played hours across a bunch of characters, i feel memed.

>>24701568
Usually i go with warrior's first and switch to mages' once i've got enough income to upgrade to +10 without much trouble. You can also accept both quests and join whichever guild's initiation you complete first, sometimes they can take a long time
>slay 5 red wasps
>>
>>24701568
Thief's guild usually has the most unique skills but Warrior's are definitely useful all around.
Mage is the endgame one imho.
>>
If I haven't played elona since 1.16 years back, is everything I know from years back different? I never got particularly deep, just hit the beginnings of making major money with performance and started farming little girl milk.
>>
>>24703837
Just upgrade blackmarkets to 100 and you'll seee them all the time. (Not OOMSEST)
>>
Played this game once or twice couple of years ago and came across this thread and wanna give it another try, how do I go about making a pure caster slut?
>>
virtual ojisan playing elona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnUtwWAtfvM
>>
>>24701568

Either Fighter's or Mage's. Fighter's can be good if you know where to find all the critters you're asked to bag and the Flame Edge you get for doing the Guild Quest is a decent weapon for a pet of yours if you don't want to use it yourself.

For even midgame characters though it's Mage's all the way. It's pretty much the only way to cash in on all those Ancient Books you keep finding (as of the current version, abyss power does nothing) and the spellbook reservation service is a nice backup for getting more of a certain spell stock if shops and Scrolls of Wonder fail you.

Fuck the Thieves' Guild, however. The Wooden Horse is useless and their initiation quest is the polar opposite of being a competent thief. No dumbasses, not paying your taxes for months on end is a sign of being a pathetic deadbeat not proving how EVIL you are. On the bright side, Sin is the easiest guild boss to kill for the other two.

>>24708397
>how do I go about making a pure caster slut?

High Casting (obviously), high Alchemy for making potions and alcohol and high-level Trismegistuses, high Magic Device so your rods and scrolls and potions aren't shit, high Performer so you can shake your booty for dosh and grind your Charisma so you can make dosh whoring yourself out. Also some means of recovering Sanity; the meat of hermit crabs and giant squirrels can do this so you may want Cooking too.
>>
>>24709711
thanks anon for the sluttips
>>
File: m7ybyawzp0a51.png (2.02 MB, 1623x990)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
Does anyone here know more about Elin's Inn (game by Elona's ORIGINAL dev) iirc the lasted known version to me is 0.49 and he posts about it daily with the lasted comment being a day ago on the dedicated r/ElinsInn, next public alpha will be once the UI is redone.
>>
>>24712965
From what I know, the idea is you run an Inn in Derphy.
>>
>>24713971
Yeah the dev wrote about playing a lot of rimworld lately and being DF inspired
>>
>>24712965
You should probably just read the reddit stuff he's posted. It's the only information he's given, and we've not heard back yet from our crack team of spec ops agents sent to spy for more info.
>>
Fuck, I wanna start a new game in Elona+ so badly, but I also want to wait until 2.00 comes out.
>>
So uh,is the act 4 final boss implemented in 1.995R or not yet? i will just wait for 2.00 in that case
>>
So there's either people not knowing about the "big" upcoming 2.0 release, people who don't give a just and just play and virgins like me who'll starve themself of the game until 2.0 releases.
>>
>>24722175
Redpill me on 2.0, 童貞殿.
>>
>>24722175
You'd want an old save anyway because there's a decent chance you'll get a present for updating.
>>
>>24722469
I dunno but it's like 2.0, get what I mean? We've been stuck on 1.995 for quite a while so something real is cooking

>>24726197
Yes but also no because saves between 1.995 and 1.995R are not compatible

I never knew about these gifts tho, what are those usually?
>>
So i'm new to elona and from what i read there is alot of grinding on this game and i don't want to grind +10 hours to be able to do something is there any downside to play in overdose? what exactly is gene?
>>
>>24727786
>I never knew about these gifts tho, what are those usually?

The only present I know of are literal Presents that you can throw at pets to heal some of their HP and at enemies to inflict chaos damage and ergo paralysis/blind/confuse/poison/sleep. It's reusable, so you can save on potions, rod charges, and spell stock healing your pets. No, it doesn't heal yourself.
>>
>>24728031
>is there any downside to play in overdose?
Not really, no. You're losing out on the grind and all the challenge it brings with it. If you're just playing it for the story, go for it. Elona is all about the infinite grind, but you do you.
>what exactly is gene?
When an adventurer and his/her/its pet love each other very much, they form a babby. Said babby starts the adventure from scratch, but can inherit their parent's items and pets, if certain conditions are met. The wiki is fairly exhaustive on the matter.
>>
what's the deal with the werewolf in town event?
>>
>>24730764
You used to be able to vote on names/suggestions/etc back in vanilla. This gave rank and salary, so ano replaced it with a werewolf event where you can vote on who's guilty.

Vote for whomever you want, but you can only cast a new vote after seeing a werewolf murder at midnight.
>>
Where can I get disguise kits/incognito stuff?
>>
>>24730764
You can game it to kill some named NPCs for good starting gear early on too, but as a downside it has a chance of just killing shops you've invested in.
>>
>>24730789
>a werewolf event where you can vote on who's guilty.

It's amusing when it happens in Vernis and you're able to vote for Loyter. Serves that douchebag right.
>>
File: 1578928010252.jpg (15 KB, 385x367)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
What's gonna be added to 2.0 bros?
>>
>>24737274
Check the 1.99R release page for preview notes. That's all we got.
>>
File: saddness.png (249 KB, 384x406)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>Save data from Elona plus 1.995 cannot be used in versions 2.00 and later.
>>
>>24737616
How does that even make sense
Ano is encouraging people to not update ever
>>
File: 1481581612869.png (533 KB, 500x654)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>称号《スーパー観光客》に効果を追加
>探索コマンドでそのマップにいるユニークNPCの居場所を探知できるようになる
That's basically the only thing i truly wanted, a way to actively hunt for big daddies.
The little sister already produces emotes, but you'd need to stay on a floor for like 20-30 to be extra certain.
That way, one 's' and i'll know.
>>
>>24737721
What doesn't make sense? He fucked up the version. It basically corrupts your save. Don't use 1.995. 1.995R should be safe.

>>24737547
Meant 1.995R here.
>>
>>24737721

Not to mention that he nerfed the Speed bonus that Swimming gives and he put a cap on platinum and skill points for bullshit reasons, as though players may have a reason for trying to gain more than a hundred coins and/or points.

Until this shit is modded out I won't be updating.
>>
>>24740503
Speaking of modding, what's taking LordAlfredo? He was supposed to start maintaining Custom back in January.
>>
File: amazing weapon.png (533 KB, 812x639)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>24703837
I just found an amazing one, its the second time an adventurer spawns with one
>>
>>24743933
>innate longsword effect
>innate leather effect
>invoke with a 4% activation rate
>"amazing"
>>
does anyone still make (and share) tone files these days?
>>
The power went out while I was playing and now I can't use my save. What do I do now?
>>
File: breakdown.jpg (60 KB, 415x481)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>24749714
Anon.. I..
>>
>>24749714
Backup more frequently, and/or buy an uninterruptible power supply.
>>
File: 1581396606748.png (3.6 MB, 2524x2281)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB PNG
Why is she so damn busty
>>
File: 1375519314840.jpg (12 KB, 200x200)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>24757036
Because if the mother of your children have big breasts before being pregnant, it means she will be able to produce a lot of milk, enough for your children, even if she birth twins or more.

This is why humans like big breasts so much, since they are a sign of life and prosperity.
As opposed to subhumans who like big butts, who are a symbol of shit, diseases and sloth.
>>
>>24757095
Ackshully. Women with small breasts produce just as much milk as women with larger ones. The amount of fatty tissue doesn't equal more milk production (the amount of glandular tissue does, and that has no relation to breast size), in fact obese women actually produce less milk despite having larger breasts (ie. more fatty breast tissue).

In fact how much milk is produced has to do with how often the child is breast-fed. So if a women has twins she will produce more milk to compensate for how often she has to breastfeed. Larger breasts are attractive to some because of aesthetics, not function. The more you know.
>>
>>24757095
The only sign of fertility that actually means anything besides something generic like not looking diseased is hips to reduce chances of birth complications during delivery

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.