[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can someone redpill me on why people pay €600 for a bicycle? I've never paid more than €100 for a bike and see €300, €500, €1000 bikes are still selling.
>>
The quality of its parts
>>
>Why do people pay more for parts that are forged or made from billet rather than a cheap casting
Nigga, you stoopid.
>>
So i pay €200 for a €1000 bike when i buy it from a thief
>>
>>153389790
this
>>
>>153389761
The tactile feeling and sound of a smooth gearshift on a good groupset alone makes it worth it.
>>
1000€ are low entry bikes with lackluster parts, a decent bike starts with Shimano 105 parts around 1500€.
>>
>>153389761
I recently got an expensive bike (1k€) for the first time in my life, it's totally worth it if you have the money to spare. The only downsides are that you have to worry about it getting stolen.
>>
>>153389761
Also, 1k€ is not much if you use it for your daily commute, a car is much more expensive than that. Especially if you factor in the upkeep costs. So if you live in an urban area it might be worth it.
>>
>>153389761
i bough cars for less than that and they actually take me places. also they dont get stolen because they look like shit, bikes get stolen all the time.
>>
I think the cost benefit grows exponentialy so a 100 usd bike will perform like 90% of a 1000 usd bike.

but some people really like biking and that 10 percent extra is noticeable when you are tired after a 3 hours ride.

I own a cheap bike and wouldnt ride an expensive one out of fear of a case of niggers but i would absolutely do it if i had a good place to ride it
>>
>>153391452
when you're a father and have your wife and kids in the car, you'll want a most stable car when you go somewhere.
imagine you have to suddenly stop with your shitty car and have an accident, your kid dies....or with a good car your kid lives
>>
>>153391544
>
>>
>>153391544
cars from 2000 and on are more than safe enough
>>
File: 435_1167919255.jpg (106 KB, 600x600)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>153391544
also, every day, all year, ice or pitch black darkness i see these things on the road, sharing the lane with cars and trucks. how the fuck is that safe??
>>
>>153389761
The autism kicks in when you have extra money, no sex, and or you have no other hobbies
Same for other hobbies too, but it's pretty bad for bicycles
Most of the upgrades are meme tier upgrades that doesn't mean anything mainly because it mainly depends on who's on the bicycle
Put some old, unhealthy boomer on a million dollar bicycle and the speed will still be like 15km/h lol
>>
>>153391544
stfu and make more children
>>
>>153391544
>when you're a father and have your wife and kids in the car, you'll want a most stable car when you go somewhere.
A serious car accident is statistically unlikely. In 2020 in Poland there were 23 thousand car crashes. In a country of 22 million drivers. And we're bottom of the barrel in the EU when it comes to road safety. It's half less likely to happen in a developed country like Germany or France.

Paying attention to the road and not playing with your fucking phone or AC controls is more likely to help you get you, your wife and your kids home safely than a car with a big safety rating.
People used to drive literal fucking deathtraps with no crumple zones, doors that were 5cm thick and a 3-point seatbelt and a collapsing steering column as the only safety feature and they were fine.

Your mentality is what kills people. The notion that big safe car good and you're the king of the road because the life of your close ones aren't the ones being put at risk.
>>
File: 51c.png (210 KB, 658x545)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
In holland if you want a new bike you just approach a homeless person, try to buy the bike he's currently got with him (stolen of course) or ask him to steal another bike for you (some lend you the courtesy of picking which bike you want). All of this won't set you back more than €20
>>
>>153392562
based first world
>>
>>153392562
is this real?
>>
>>153389761
a decent bicycle makes it more pleasant when you go on a longer or more difficult trip
>>
>>153392562
based nafri criminal schemes
>>
>>153392562
really jealous of that.
a stolen bike is the ultimate convenience, you can drop it off anywhere and forget about it and just steal another one later
>>
>>153389761
Frame and overall build quality, ergonomics, good and subtle welding, shift group components, type of brakes(although hydraulics are becoming the norm nowadays), branding and aesthetic. I kinda want and have the money to get myself a nice upper mid-tier gravel from leading brand but bike theft is ripe in Edinburgh so I’m kinda thinking about either masking or unbranding the bike or just buying a shiftbox for commuting.
>>153392562
Very based
>>
>>153392763
yeah I'm not kidding
at one faculty of my university there's this big bicycle parking lot with tons of bicycles and everyone knows that one homeless guy who lets you pick out a bike and he steals it for €10.

>>153392833
white homeless people do this too
>>
>>153392928
do you send him a tikkie for the stolen bike or cash?
>>
>>153392562
kino
>>
>>153392968
cash
>>
I paid 25€ for my bike

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.