[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is this the best /his/ game available right now for people that want to play medieval stuff? I have to say I've learned a lot from playing it about how titles work and a bit about the structure of medieval ranks, but I guess it's not all that accurate according to /his/torians?
>>
>>9869156
Not even the best game in its own series, CK2 is superiour. CK3 might be on-par after several years' worth of DLC and updates.
>>
>>9869169
At least the causus belli arent as painfull
>>
>>9869156
ck2 delved a little into medieval politics, obviously some here will get finicky over the details but it did a pretty good job, ck3 might do the same, idk, or it might be poz'd cringy trash
>>
>>9869156
>>9869169
>>9869274
I have to agree, especially with the sheer amount of DLC and mod content. I mean, you can literally go and play a proper restoration of the Roman Empire, complete with slaves.
A great mod for this is:
>https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/When_The_World_Stopped_Making_Sense
>>
>>9869156
Ck3 sucks dick. All of the new features suck dick, there isn't enough CBs, and the map looks disgusting
>>
>>9869274
It's got less depth right now because DLC and paradox greed, and the religious overhaul is hit or miss. Mostly better for pagans and eastern religions (though having both Nangchos and Vajryana is just splitting hairs) but some total meme faiths added to prevent Catholicism and Sunni Islam from dominating the way they did historically.
>>
>>9869274
Paradox are being very good this time around. They game launched in a really good state but they've already fixed stuff and bringing in a new custom ruler patch for free in a few days.
It's like the nicer dinne before the brutal rape, but it's still better than just being raped.
>>9869303
>how do we stop any religion from being too powerful
>make the finn-sami religion the post powerful there is
I can't wait for the patch that splits it up. Finns having that much power ain't right.
>>
>>9869274
CK3 is 100% pozzed. Take a look in the history title for the Byzantine Empire, they made
Elagabalus a biological female
>>
>>9869303
CK3 has way more depth than what most other Paradox games received on launch. They added mechanics even for tiny eastern faiths. Maybe they could have done more, but it's unfair to expect it to be as in-depth as a game with 8 years of ongoing development.

My only complaints are the pathetic Mongols, the absurd stability of Islamic tags, and the unreasonable strength of high intrigue.
>>
>>9869338
Are you just mad they made Hungarians and Bulgarians look Asian, anon? Because that's probably more accurate than making them white.
>>
>>9869338
did you assume xer biology, bigot?!
>>
>>9869338
That seems more like a funny joke. Even if it wasn't, he's a non-character so who really gives a shit?
>>
>>9869156
Τotal War Attila- Medieval Kingdoms mod
>>
>>9869361
Shogun 2 as well. Still the best game they've made if you want to play non-modded. Or at the very least, it the top 3 with Rome 1 and Medieval II.
But hey, who needs that when you have THREE KINGDOMS and one general killing 200 men by himself?? No wonder the West is losing to chinks when they're THIS strong, goddamn.
>>
>>9869346
Where did you get that from that post at all, retard?
>>9869359
>That seems more like a funny joke.
Considering literal trannies work at Paradox now and they also added "asexual" in as a sexuality trait so I'm gonna say they were completely serious.
>>
>>9869380
Medieval II is shit unmodded. And then when you mod it, it's non-stop crashes. The game has some really great ideas but that game engine is fucking trash especially on modern hardware.
>>
>>9869380
Top 3 unmodded Total wars are Shogun 2, Attila and Napoleon mate
>>
>>9869398
You seem incredibly upset about things that have next to no impact on the game. Get a mod to fix it if you're such an absolute baby.
>>
>>9869434
I think there actually was a mod for this, Paradox had it removed
>>
>>9869290
WTWSMS is truly a small gem. I modded it myself to further customize some religions
>>
>>9869539
I keep intending to add a bunch of extra content into it for a Constantius-Octavianus playthrough, in which the two families join together centuries later and create the savior of Rome. But it involves a lot of messing about with histories and whatnot, and it's quite a bit of effort sometimes.
>>
>>9869500
I've never heard about that. But you don't need their approval to put a mod. I have a bunch of shit from loverslab that I had to install manually.
>>
>>9869156
>Is this the best /his/ game available right now for people that want to play medieval stuff?

CK2 exists, so now
>>
File: 20201029074810_1.jpg (616 KB, 1920x1080)
616 KB
616 KB JPG
>>9869342
>it's unfair to expect it to be as in-depth as a game with 8 years of ongoing development
No, it is not because a sequel should always be at least an upgrade to a previous game.
Not a castrated version with cut content so they could resell all of it again.
CK3 has no fucking excuse to be the way it is, every big system they added is a fucking mess and every content cut is extremely likely to be resold again (and then it will take years to balance it for new, retarded mechanics)
>>
>>9869581
What's the point of this image? The OP genetics?
>>
>>9869581
CK3 isn't a complete regression though, it's sort of a lateral move with some new features added in. I really like the stuff it added but they claim they removed things like the Byzantine government, nomads etc because they didn't work in CK2 and they want to really get it right this time. Granted, they were indeed correct that those things were poorly-implemented in CK2, but I'm not sure that I trust they will get them right this time around.
>>
File: 20201028231127_1.jpg (496 KB, 1920x1080)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>9869608
Genetics and character development systems, the biggest (arguably only) draws and changes of the sequel being utterly fucking broken, retarded and cause everyone to turn into a space wizard demigod.
>>
>>9869156
Can you beat this game through diplomacy only?
>>
>>9869342
>and the unreasonable strength of high intrigue.
I think that's always been an issue, if you have a spymaster with intrigue of 20+, nothing is going to get through to you.
>>
>>9869688
Yeah, but you weren't able to collapse entire empires within 20 years with the dumb abduction shenanigans.
>>
>>9869671
You can't really "beat" the game except by surviving until the end period and there's not much of a reward for that except one achievement. I suppose that if you play your cards right and make the right alliances you won't go to war that often, so in a way you could try to succeed through diplomacy and intrigue. But ultimately the game excels when you roleplay and even allow yourself to get fucked.
>>9869630
>>9869636
I agree that the buffs are a bit out there. I feel the bonuses you get for your bloodline are way too much. It would be one thing if you could choose one, but by the end you basically become extremely overpowered.
Another thing I don't like (though this is subjective) is that children seem to come a lot easier in CK3. I remember losing in CK2 a few times because those bitches genuinely refused to get bred. In CK3 you can have your dislike up to -100 and after 2-3 months of marriage they'll still pop one out. Even with a single wife I still end up with 4-5 kids. It both fucks me over with partitioning but it's also just a pain in terms of alerts because past the first two born I'm not going to give a fuck about the rest beyond as marriage meat.
>>
>>9869671
You can't really beat the game.
>>
>>9869695
You can if you have a mod that makes the capture chance more "realistic". Then, the best bet is to march for the capital, capture his family, ransom them off to pay for your war and then when he marches for you to reclaim his capital, capture him and win the war. Pretty hilarious.
>>
CK3 really needs a feature where, if you have partition government, you can choose how your realm will be divided in your will; which child gets what. The game would still force you to provide as equal of an inheritance as possible but you would be able to divvy it out as you saw fit.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.59 MB, 3840x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>9869712
If you are of a different religion, you should convert the heirs then watch the fireworks.
>>
>>9869732
It's ridiculous how out of control the Byzantines get in this game. They should be constantly struggling to hold off invaders and quell rebellions, not blobbing all over the map.
>>
>>9869732
I used to like trying to capture their daughters, or younger wives and either taking them as concubines, or converting them and taking them as wives. The sheer rage when he comes and tries to either invade, or duel you. Tasty.
>>
File: 20201031015832_1.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
Too much dumb shit. Nothing is balanced.
>>
>>9869581
CK3 on launch is a big upgrade to CK2 on launch. You can actually play as non-Christian nations right away and they all have flavorful mechanics. I can't think of anything that's really been 'cut out'. I'm sure they'll expand on it, but it still feels like a full game.
>every big system they added is a fucking mess
Like what?

>that pic
The game isn't designed for you to be a min-maxing ultra sperg.
>>
File: thinking knight2.jpg (250 KB, 1092x1600)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>9869732
Lmao, only just noticed:
>Tengri
>>
>>9869757
>I can't think of anything that's really been 'cut out'.
Imperial government
Nomad government
Merchant Republics
Societies
Duels
Various start dates
Saints
Great Works

Also the new building system is limited for absolutely no good reason, you only have so many "building slots" per holding and it feels super gamey and makes playing tall far less fun. Now you have way less stuff to sink money into and you end up with mountains of shekels and nothing to spend them on.
>>
>>9869818
Those were all in CK2 at launch?
>>
>>9869850
Why buy a game that's essentially the previous game but with less?
Paradox's current model is not sustainable long term, I bet they are too scared about the idea of having to release EUV.
>>
>>9869850
What a bullshit fucking excuse. CK3 is a sequel, not a reboot. It should be a complete step forward that builds on everything its predecessor had.
>>
>>9869880
Why would they be scared? You may not like some of the decisions but CK3 sold extremely well and was very well-received critically. These are literally the only things they need to care about. The average 4channer will bitch about stuff like this but the average 4channer also pirates video games and DLC and thus does not matter in the slightest to Paradox.
>>
>>9869757
>big upgrade to CK2 on launch
Who cares, CK2 has 8 years of content.
Sequels are to be compared against original game + expansions, not just some arbitrary cut off point as if years of development somehow didn't happen and devs have nothing to work on.

>non-Christian nations right away
Dull and flavorless, I would argue, since events and mechanics got gutted. Plus the AI doesn't really function too well.

>The game isn't designed for you to be a min-maxing ultra sperg.
The game is not desgined to minmax because it's designed to max. The character/development system leads to you getting free, guaranteed stats at a click of a mouse.
Getting the genius heirs, living to a hundred, achieving insane stats no longer requires any effort because the systems in place guarantee you to be able to do it.
Pick the good free stat tree and enjoy free stats.

>But you can play suboptimally and pick useless traits and lifestyles
Why? They don't do anything. There's fuck all events attached to them as well, either good or bad.
Each life style has almost no depth and most of the events revolve around minimal exp boosts, lineages are even worse.

>>9869780
What's left of Byzantine is Tengir as well, super empires collapse under wrong religion extremely fast because AI for some reason cant figure out how to replace the emperor.
>>
Rome 1 was pretty based
>>
>>9869721
Just dump everything your main hair doesn't get to his grandchildren. There's no penalty for it, if anything it makes it easier for them to generate lifestyle exp and if grandkids die your heir gets everything for free.
>>
>>9869880
>Why buy a game that's essentially the previous game but with less?
I bought it and I don't feel it was less since it was more than CK2 at launch and it's nice to go back to basics. I mostly bought it for the visuals because CK3 has always been hideous. Apart from mods and maybe playing specific gov types I don't see myself returning to CK2, and I probably won't for those either.
>>
>>9869881
How dare they not spend another near-decade to build basically the same game but with a graphics improvement? Just what the fuck are you saying? Imagine if WoW 2 came out tomorrow, and you'd go like
>WOW HOW DOES THIS ONLY HAVE LIKE A FEW ZONES
>ORIGINAL WOW HAD LIKE A DOZEN EXPANSIONS THIS IS A SCAM
I don't even like Paradox, but you are clearly a retard that's never worked in a business. They can't do in a couple of years what they did in almost a decade and even this game came out with problems even though it's relatively simple.
>>
>>9869958
>How dare they not spend another near-decade to build basically the same game but with a graphics improvement? Just what the fuck are you saying?
They absolutely should have spent as much time as it would take to transfer all of CK2's features to a new engine and then build on them. This is how video game development used to work, before DLC kikery came along.
>>
>>9869998
You mean it was easy to built upon features from previous iterations before DLC came along and turned every game into basically several games via expansions and DLC?
Amazing how somebody who knows so little about developing games and running a business can be so vocal about his disapproval.
>>
>>9870065
CK2 is not several games, it's the equivalent of about two old-school game expansions sliced up and drip-released for massive shekels. Don't fall for the Jewry.
>>
>>9869958
>Imagine if WoW 2 came out tomorrow, and you'd go like
>>WOW HOW DOES THIS ONLY HAVE LIKE A FEW ZONES
Yes.
They have a base to work with, rolling back is a downgrade and should not be a supported, especially for a game with a lifetime revenue of nearly 10 billion dollars.
>>
>>9869156
Meh its ok, better than playing vainilla ck2 with no dlc's at least that but i still have fun with ck2 mods a lot.
Right now ck3 for me its ok , fun but not top notch maybe with the dlc and more mods it will become great
>>
>>9869671
Yes i think but it would be boring in the long run
>>
>>9869346
Are you just mad Hungarians stand up against the brand new type of invasion (-by being pathetic and begging) your kind invented, Muhamad?
>>
>>9870579
wat
>>
>elagabalus is represented as a woman
oh no no no, classic (((p*radox))) detected.
Pirate it and then uninstall it after realizing it's literally worse than ck2 on every conceivable manner.
Five years from now pirate it again and then it will probably be a good game.
>>
>Elgabalus was not interested in women except that he expressed desires to be one. He begged doctors to find a way to remove his penis and give him a vagina.

>In lieu of that, he settled for circumcision, which was anathema to the Romans.

mfw Jewcels are proto-trannies
>>
>>9869156
CK2 with DLC
this game might beat it in 5-10 years when all the patches and the DLC are out, though. But then they'll announce another one to keep the paypigs expecting more.
>>
>>9869156
>/his/ games
Theres too much CK3 discussion here does anyone have some other, less known, fun games?

I recently found an alpha teaser for "The Emperors Own" some slavjank game, while browsing Steam. It was free so I gave it a try. The game was clearly unfinished and the combat not too fun, but I found the story pretty interesting. You play as a soldier in a special detachment of the NotRussian Imperial Guard, that basically acts as a form of secret police. It plays in the early 19th century and the story and tone reminded me a lot of Kingdom Come Deliverance
>>
>>9871408
Well, at least they picked the emperor who was, without any sense of irony, someone who wanted to be a woman.
>>
>>9869156
i've played a ton of CK2 and am currently playing CK3 but i really have to give the nod to CK2. maybe CK3 will catch up to it, but imo they need to hammer out some finer details. anyone else finding this game super easy as fuck? by the time i am 100 years into a game i'm damn near unstoppable regardless of who i start as, even if i keep getting shit rulers
>>
>>9871804
Supreme ruler 2020 for modern day gsg
>>
Steel Panthers series > all other WW2 games
and that's a goddamn FACT
>>
>>9871895
I think it is more that Ck3 has a lot less random bad luck screwing the player over. Player characters all live healthy lives, sickness is easy to recover from and you can even choose to live longer when you need more time. You get a lot of warnings and opportunities to stop negative events and by the time you're 4-5 characters in you'll have more than enough money to smack down any surprises. Ck2 also made building relationships with vassals harder, or at least getting good traits your vassals like harder. You actually have to force yourself to play like a cripple to struggle with the feudal politics.

I payed an entire game only marrying siblings to one another and things only became a problem after a dozen generations. What was the problem? Low fertility between inbred people and low stats reducing army size and income. The solution? Breed a race of beautiful inbred genius people.
>>
>>9872213
You guys don't roleplay? I like to roleplay whole kingdoms fall apart because of retarded rulers.
Like i had this Marcus Aurelius character but his son was a coward lazy gregarious character so when it was time to play as him i simply started to make feasts, talk with my courtiers, give land away to factions , seduce my cousin, etc
Funny as fuck
>>
File: undress.jpg (247 KB, 1507x1643)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>9869156
for sure
>>
>>9869346
>Hungarians and Bulgarians looked Asian back then.
Source on this? I haven't seen any of them that looked Asian compared to the Turkish people I've seen, for example.
>>
>>9872779
>Source on this
Twitter
>>
>>9872558
I enjoy roleplaying, but it gets boring eventually. Especially when you need to intentionally screw up your succession or heirs education to have a screw up succeed you. I wish there was an option to play as the second of third son after a succession. It would allow for some fun inter-dynastic conflict. Instead you're always playing the main line and imprisoning all your rebellious relatives for life.

Now multiplayer, that is where the fun is really at. Usurping another player-kings throne after he trusted you with his genius daughter's hand in marriage? Having another player support some adventure relative in taking your throne? The simple act of cucking another player and never telling him, just living with the knowledge that his son and heir is yours?
>>
>>9869346
Bulgarians right at the start of their empire? yes.
Hungarians? They originate from finno-ugric lands.
>>
>>9869156
Total War: Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai
>>
>>9872779
I was there. I remember them. Reincarnation.
>>
>>9869274
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>9873340
OP wanted games set in the medieval period you weeb brainlet
>>
>>9873409
Shogun 2 technically counts as late-medieval I think because guns are just starting to take centre stage and replace archery in Japan
>>
>>9869156
If you want medieval, GET MEDIEVAL. There is no more /his/ game than The Black Knight. https://www.miniclip.com/games/black-knight/en/#privacy-settings
>>
File: 1605123818827.png (61 KB, 201x251)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>9872584
>Undress only adult characters
Dropped
>>
>>9869156
It's not medieval anymore at this point but play EU4 anyway.
>>
>>9873437
No, it doesn't count as Medieval by any metric. Especially not Fall of the fucking Samurai.
>>
File: 2020_11_09_1.png (3.23 MB, 1920x1080)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB PNG
imagine
>>
>>9873479
why do these games have such awful fucking border gore every time, can they do nothing to fix it?
>>
>>9873479
Ugh... Frankish Wallachia... what could have been...
>>
File: HRE IRL.jpg (2.07 MB, 4096x5332)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
>>9873483
To be fair, it's pretty accurate.
>>
>>9873487
lol

if only you knew the horrors that await you if you play these games
>>
>>9873489
No, it's not accurate at all, stop being retarded. Your map shows the internal border gore of the HRE; the equivalent of turning on the county or duchy view map modes. In CK3, the HRE will have this plus random non-contiguous bits of land all the way over in Russia and East Africa and the British Isles and whatever the fuck. This sort of thing never happened with anywhere near the regularity we see in Paradox titles.
>>
>>9873479
>tribal
>pagan
>Greco-Turkic Ukraine
cursed
>>
File: 2020_10_18_1.png (3.14 MB, 1920x1080)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>9873503
yeah, this is better
>>
>>9873501
retarded inheritance is a bitch
>>
>>9873508
>>9873479
My favorite thing to do in this game when I go to work is make a few weird religions, convert characters to them in cheat mode, and then come home and wait to see what happens. The other day I killed off Alfred's brother and made him Jewish and came back home to discover that he had taken all of Sweden and Norway as well as Scotland/England. It's pretty fucking funny.
>>
File: 1599180952355.png (814 KB, 693x981)
814 KB
814 KB PNG
>tfw you will never live in a matriarchal society dominated by big tiddy albinos
Why live?
>>
>>9873533
her lips make her look like she's having an allergic reaction
>>
File: afu4qm7ngmm51.jpg (70 KB, 710x862)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>9873550
Some of the models look weird. Especially the spoiler: race mixed ones.
>>
>>9873558
Reminder that Paradox made it so that men with the "handsome" trait wear lipstick. Albino models like this make it a lot more obvious. Modders confirmed that this was a deliberate decision on their part.
>>
>>9873562
Cucked viking dicksucking faggots
>>
>>9873562
I've never really noticed it. Then again, I haven't noticed the lipstick on the females either.
>>
>>9873566
>shieldmaidens were extremely rare and most likely just mythological figures
>to call someone unmanly or faggot was to straight up challenge them to a duel to the death
>deformed children were left out to die and be eaten by wolves
>after getting a foothold the norse could never hold on to their territory for long before getting BTFOd by actually armies
>>
>>9873604
b-but muh Normans and Varangians!
>>
>>9873607
Imagine your actual noteworthy achievements belonging to an entirely seperate culture and Russians who went merc for Greek LARP Romanbucks
>>
>>9873604
>>9873607
vikings were the original nigs
one wonders what europe would've looked like if the western half just completely gave up on civilization and went back to the barbarism of nordics and slavs
there would be nobody there to civilize them
>>
What mods do I have to install in order to make HOI4 more realistic? Shit like fuel, logistics, manpower replenishment rate, etc.
>>
>>9869346
>>9872779
Hungarian tales venerate blonde hair as a noble trait and most of their heroes have white hair. Also take a good look at the local hungarian population and tell me they look mongoloid

>>9873616
Romaboo spotted
>>
>>9873533
Gotta give credit for visual trait carry over. I might have to do a run where I start as a big titty woman and try to pop out as many big titty girls as possible until flat chests are wiped out amongst nobility
>>
>>9869958
It's currently just a weaker game, I'd rather play CK2 than CK3 as it exists now. Maybe in a few years that'd change but if so it hasn't yet, and no nomads and republics at launch in particular were real disappointments. Feels too barebones.
>>
>>9873483
Stupid conquest wars from vassals and dumb inheritances. A setting at the start can force enclaves to become indipendent on their owner death, but this work only if said owner died at peace. As Paradox games are 24/7 non-stop total war almost no one dies while being at peace, and so bordergore remains
>>
>>9873885
There's a mod that links beauty to breast size. Though it goes a bit overboard in the sizes.
>>
>>9869156
CK3 is so much more better, because CK2 cringe DLC is being implemented in free updates in CK3, maybe the larger packs like republics and nomads may be bundled in DLC, but this is leagues more consumer friendly than what paradox usually does. Although I would like for religion to be reworded, its too easy to convert as muslims in places like iberia and persia
>>
Best pagan faith to reform?

Best spot to wipe out Islam?
>>
>>9873973
Paradox insists on CK being war-focused for some reason despite nobody particularly caring about that. I wish there were bigger consequences for people starting wars, even if they're victorious, and a few different win conditions. As it stands there's no reason not to immediately blitzkrieg the capital and maybe even get instant victory if you capture the ruler. It's also dumb that you can't do any advanced negotiations. Like it's either I win, you win, or it's a standoff. Why not have some bargaining where if a person has lost a battle they can immediately opt out to surrender a fief for some gold? I'm not sure how realistic that is, but it's not like this is soooo realistic anyway. Same with people refusing to ally with each other in marriage due to religious differences. If I'm an emperor, a count of just about any religion should accept a marriage proposition. It's one thing if they were zealots or something, then it would make sense, but why is a person with traits SADISTIC, GREEDY, AMBITIOUS saying no to giving his 6th child in marriage to a fucking EMPEROR? Absurd.
>>
>>9874002
>Best pagan faith to reform?
tengri
>Best spot to wipe out Islam?
nestorian socotra
>>
>>9874021
>tengri
Why?

I don't wanna be a stepnigger
>>
>>9874002
If you start out playing as the Swedes it's relatively easy to reform Asatru within the first 10 minutes. There's one holy shit in Norway that belongs to a helpless count that can't do shit against, and then another belonging to your brother in Denmark that will usually be fighting in the UK, so by the time he ever gets there you're already almost done and either way have enough troops to get him to BTFO. Snake-in-the-Eye is truly the beta cuck that I fuck in one way or another every playthrough.
>>
>>9874017
CK2 had defensive pacts to curb rapid blobbing/warmongering, but people hated it so thats my guess s to why its not in 3
>>
>>9874017
>Paradox insists on CK being war-focused for some reason
>>9874017
They do? Then why is the war system so fucking shit compared to the rest of their titles? Especially when it comes to peace deals.
>>
>>9874023
holy site*
shit against you*
I've had no sleep.
Also a chad goal I've always had is to make my way down through Europe and eventually take Egypt for the norse. We wuz kings of Egypt and shit.
>>
>>9874022
actually you're right, when nomad govt comes out though its really fun to larp as a steppenigger and BTFO of any civilization with OP horse archers
I would say, either Norse or one of the Baltic faiths for now
>>
>>9874023
I like playing Snake-in-the-Eye for the big Anglo BUNDA
>>
>>9874023
I don't wanna be a Norsecuck either.
>>9874025
Defensive Pacts made no sense when literally everyone in the world joined them to stop you.
>>9874027
Despite being accurate, casus belli are horribly limiting when there are many reasons to go to war.
>>
>>9874035
>I don't wanna be a Norsecuck either.
Not sure what else you could reform. You need to hold 3 holy sites so doing it with other people is a pain. I guess a final option would be to go Rurikid and make your way down as Slovianskan Russia till you get to Romania. Then you should have 3 holy sites.
>>
>>9874043
>says he doesn't wanna be a norsecuck
>gets recommended Rurik
lol, he should just do what this anon>>9873479 did and BTFO all the norsecucks in Kievan Rus
>>
>>9874035
>Some kingdom declares war on mine
>I buttfuck them into submission, occupy all their land
>I cannot take any of their land nor decide how much they should pay me in reparations, nor force them to break their alliances, etc
It's shit. Absolute shit.
>>
>>9874035
>I don't wanna be a Norsecuck either.
Boi.. then there are the Baltic states and the Finnish religion... Actually there is Africa if you want to larp as a Nigerian BVLL
>Defensive Pacts made no sense when literally everyone in the world joined them to stop you.
I get that, honestly... but how else do you curb warmongering in CK?
>>
>>9874051
Yeah, that makes no sense, especially when your attacker is of a different faith.
>>
File: 2020_10_19_3.png (2.8 MB, 1920x1080)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB PNG
>>9874052
ayy
>>
>>9874051
CK2 also had that issue, An imperator type system would work where if you do very well in a defensive war, you can force the enemy to cede land
>>
>>9874052
>I get that, honestly... but how else do you curb warmongering in CK?
Make it hard to hold on to new counties, I guess. For a dynasty simulator, blobbing is far too easy.
>>
>>9874062
Time to eat Ghana.
>>
>>9874064
its already hard if you hold land with different faith, you get rebellions up the ass, cultural rebellions are less of an issue. Try reconquering iberia as a christian. You'll be dealing with muslim rebellions every year. Blobbing can be hard at the start, but once you convert and have a large army, then its easy unless you have large and powerful neighbors
>>
>>9874056
>>9874062
Lack of truce flexibility/negotiation makes warfare the weakest and most unpleasant part of Crusader Kings' gameplay by far.
>>
File: 1605943609790.png (542 KB, 716x756)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>>9874072
NOOO, please... not the ghanarino!
>>
>>9874077
Yup.
>>
>>9874077
tbf, truces relied heavily on family ties back then, thats why the reconquista was such a clusterfuck, it wasn't just a muslim vs christian thing, I think the truce system is fine, but warfare/casus belli is still stuck in the CK2 era
>>
>>9874090
im sorry, I mistook alliances and truces I m a fucking idiot. Imperator truces would help flesh it out, and the war thing still applies
>>
>>9874077
I bet some forms of warfare negotiations will be added in the inevitable war focused dlc. War it's one of the very few aspects of CK2 that was never reworked, so they can selle a big dlc rework without being accused of "sellling again a CK2 dlc"
>>
>>9873998
A self proclaimed paradox devs in a /vg/ general leaked their big dlc's plans. According to him the big dlc are a pair of big overhauls tied with a drastic rework of an existing part of the world/new part of the map included. One of these rumored dlc was a big religion overhauls tied with a rework of the middle east map
>>
>>9874103
I don't see any reason to assume that a war DLC is inevitable, let alone that they will ever touch the way truces work in Crusader Kings. The only inevitable DLC are the ones that will add in features they removed that were a part of CK2.
>>
>>9874017
Same with people refusing to ally with each other in marriage due to religious differences
It would worsing a lot the bordergore, and losing one of the key elements of taking a religion. Not to mention the absurdity eventuality of a Yazidi bedouin claiming the throne of Scotland thanks to a scottish princess grandmother.
>>
>>9874108
That guy was lying, I work at Paradox and can confirm that the big DLCs will actually be focused on supernatural events, we will be adding in vampires and werewolves and the like. Societies will be coming back and you can either be initiated into these groups or join a group of people dedicated to hunting them down.
>>
>>9874110
>I don't see any reason to assume that a war DLC is inevitable
Aside knights, the war mechanics are intentionally barebones for that reason. War dlc is a 100% given

>The only inevitable DLC are the ones that will add in features they removed that were a part of CK2.
ATM they are adding via free patches previous CK2 content (like the character creation tool). I will not count as a "CK2" resell a dlc with nomadic goverment, if such goverment is vastly different and better than the CK2 one
>>
>>9874121
>Aside knights, the war mechanics are intentionally barebones for that reason. War dlc is a 100% given
I remember people speculating the same exact thing during CK2's lifespan. Never happened.
>>
>>9874113
Would unironically be based for an Elder Scrolls mod
>>
>>9874124
CK3 development started in 2015. I bet their decided since that year to intetionally left some CK2 mechanics untouched (like War, or cadet dynasties) so they could have some truly new dlc's for CK3. And indeed cadet dynasties were a big new mechanic for the CK3 launch, althought it would need some fixes
>>
>>9874108
Thank god... I m actually hoping that they will physically add china instead of it being some overwhelming off map superpower. Religion is a mixed bag in CK3, I love it and hate it. Heresies are as annoying as they've always been but converting is a complete joke, in CK2 I still had Zoroastrian counties i the 11th century from my Charlemagne start, Zoroastrianism disappears completely withing 20 years in 3
>>
>>9874133
It's a nice thought but there's literally no reason to believe it will happen
>>
File: bruh.png (630 KB, 611x638)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
>>9869338
lmao he didnt lie
>>
>>9874140
What the fuck?
>>
>>9874133
I know casus belli isn't exactly warfare, but they're very related, but didn't Jade Dragon add a bunch of casus belli options, warfare was never its own DLC, but it got patched an reworked/added upon as secondary content in DLC
>>
>>9874135
According to the "leak". These are the big dlc's plans up to launch (not necessarely in order):
>religion rework and Middle East overhaul
>culture and melting polt rework with nomadic goverments, and East Europe roverhaul
>Naval warfare, trade, and inheritable theocracies, with added Indochina
>Imperial (no byzantine) goverment with added China, Korea and Japan

Small dlc's would focus on specific culture/areas not touched by these big dlc's (like a small dlc with the byzantine imperial system, and new mechanics for Orthodoxs in general), akin to EU4 culture packs

Lastly, the self proclaimed leaker hinted that 936, 1100 (crusaders) and 1204 and the most likely new start dates devs were willing to add
>>
>>9874140
Based.
>>
>>9874140
dont care, i'd still hit
>>
File: ott2w3jqa0l51.jpg (391 KB, 945x511)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>9874135
They're definitely expanding to China, pic related is in the game files and the torn edge on the current CK3 game map is blatant as hell. Plus every fucking Western dev out there is pandering as hard as possible to the Chinese audience now that they're on Steam.
>>
>>9874145
Does that mean that if we start in 1204 the game still ends in the 15th century?
>>
>>9874151
If they add Japan and Korea along with the rest of the east, I'd be fucking stoked.
>>
>>9874145
What an attention whore that anon was. All he did was post things that everybody already assumes will be DLC.
>>
>>9874151
Would be kino having the Japanese buddhist branch as the warmongering branch of the buddhist faith. China and Indocina are a 100% given eventually, althought i would prefer some existing map focused dlc's before
>>
>>9874151
>New World never ever...
Feels bad, bros. Hopefully some nice modders can make an Americas total overhaul. I wanna be a Mayan.
>>
>>9874165
I want to be a glorious Nahua conquering the world under Quetzalcoatl.
>>
>>9874153
Will still end in 1453 i think, like other start dates. Most playtrought rarely last more than 200 centuries anyway
After CK2, they realized most people played very few start dates, so make sense they decided to cut all of them sans some very iconic ones. 936 was likely cutted at launch becase if was one of the latest CK2 addiction, and would had take too much time to add, but will eventually return, as many people loved the map powers balance of that date
>>
>>9874153
CK2 had a start date in 1337 and it still ended in 1453. It had quite a few more actually (https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Start_date) It'll almost certainly be the same here, but CK3 does have a game rule where you can turn off the end date, disables achievements though.
>>
File: 2020_11_07_1.png (2.29 MB, 1600x900)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>9874145
>936, 1100 (crusaders) and 1204 and the most likely new start dates devs were willing to add
other dates after 1066 are a give in, even if the leaks are fake. If you mod in the 936 and 769 dates, they're both surprisingly complete, the only things out of order in 936 is Persia and Hungary are just a bunch of countries (no states made yet, Magyars exist, but not as powerful as in ck) and Abassids are wayyy more powerful than they should be. 769 is also really feature complete. Im pretty sure they're both planned start dates
>>
>>9874169
I miss 769 desu
>>
>>9874165
>>9874167
I doubt any game company is going to want to go to the full autistic effort of trying to reconstruct historical political boundaries of Mesoamerican or Andean states. It relies so, so much on hyper obscure 16th century sources many of which are untranslated.

There was a team of historians and archeogists working towards overhauling EU4's handling of Mesoamerica, called Mesoamerica Universalis, but it got cancelled because the devs moved on with academic stuff.

You can still download their last public build, though.
>>
>>9874165
>New World never ever
Good, most of it would be pure fantasy speculation and would take away from developing Eurasia
>>
>>9874176
ah, mesoamerica was truly glorious
>>
>>9874145
>No Imperial Byzantines
How are the Byzantines supposed to make any sense if they don't get an Imperial government? The CK2 one did fine for what it was.
>>
>>9874173
769's map was mostly completely made up due to lack of historical information. Also, Charlemagne was an idiot most of the time so Europe would end up getting buttfucked by Muslims and Vikangz damn near every single time.
>>
>>9874173
some anon modded in a playable 769, the devs already made it, but no bookmark was made, I guess they're still polishing it, but its like 90% done
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2244089236&searchtext=
>>
>>9874181
>The CK2 one did fine for what it was
Not really. It was a very poor attempt that hardly represented reality and everyone complained about it, which is why Paradox reverted with CK3 and will be creating a DLC that tries again.
>>
>>9874188
didnt Charlemagne successfully campaign against the Umayyads and conquered the Saxons?
>>
>>9874193
idk... I kinda like how anyone could civil war for the throne, civil wars were pretty commonplace in irl Byzantium with tons of usurpers
>>
>>9874193
It's better than making them Feudal. I'm not sure how they could properly implement Imperial government into ck3 as the Byzantines did it, it leaves very little room for actually being a vassal. I would think it would work like Merchant Republics in ck2 that your family is represented in the Senate and on how much influence is how often your family gets put into positions of power in themes.
>>
>>9874190
Are you sure the devs already made it? If it's actually present in the game files, I think that's just because because they ported over a lot of shit from CK2 to use as a filler/base of sorts for CK3. The ~10% incomplete part is likely the parts of the CK3 map that didn't exist back then. I wouldn't take it as any indication that they ever actually plan on implementing it again. Paradox themselves apparently voiced quite a bit of dissatisfaction with 769. Lots of historical guesswork involved which basically pushed things into a fantasy direction and things didn't turn out the way they wanted with Charlemagne and other things.
>>
File: ck2_48.png (877 KB, 555x782)
877 KB
877 KB PNG
>>9874188
i don't care, i miss how long i could play those campaigns for and this oc start
>>
>>9874197
Byzantium is overpowered as fuck at the moment. Fucking every game they're slowly creeping up into the Balkans and taking over Italy. STOP.
>>
>>9874195
Regardless, he's an incompetent idiot in CK2
>>
>>9874199
It may have been better than making them Feudal, but even better would be actually creating a government that represents them this time around instead of half-assing it like last time.
>>
>>9874202
Thats true that the devs didnt like 769, but it doesn't seem that they're just porting, because if so, the 936 date would be much more complete see my previous post>>9874171
it seems like they're remaking it from scratch, it wouldn't make sense for them to bother remaking 769 if its not going to be added
>>9874205
I did have one game where the turks managed to get into anatolia, but yes its rare
>>
>>9874205
It's because they start with Primogeniture and their neighbors don't really care to war with them. But mostly because they start with Primogeniture.
>>
File: ck2_38.png (2.94 MB, 2016x791)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
>>9874188
>>9874203
Screencap for a less meme post.

These starts were pretty fun and Europe was far more divided, which offered a lot more leeway in what you could form.
>>
>>9874217
also id like to add that heresies become OP in 769 CK3, because its only Charlemagne and Lombardy that have duchies that they can reconvert, everything else is duke tier rulers so if they covert, the entire region becomes dominated by heresies
>>
>>9874223
Europe becoming so divided was kind of shitty though, it shouldn't have been that bad in that start date and opens the door for Europe to get buttfucked and conquered nearly every time. The shattered realm mechanic is much better for that kind of thing.
>>
Paradox needs to make the court chaplain able to convert rulers again. The fact that they removed it is mindbogglingly retarded
>>
>>9874235
Who gives a fuck about Europe? I posted a slav for a reason.
>>
>>9874243
>slav
>not europe
b...but anon, russia is the third rome... papa Ivan told me
>>
>>9874248
I like making Russia above Rome.
>>
>>9874140
What's ridiculous about this is that they simply ported over all the dead historical characters from CK2 and left them untouched but Elagabalus was male in that game. This means that some tranny at Paradox actually went out of their way to specifically change his gender just to make a point. Didn't even bother to touch up any of the other dead characters but it was very important to make Elagabalus a biological female.
>>
File: smile.jpg (49 KB, 590x525)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>9874243
>slavs
>not european
>>
>>9874252
The real question is, was he actually lazy, lustful, and zealous?
>>
>>9874258
probably, even though romans were pretty inflammatory with their propaganda, he was probably a total cumslut
>>9874252
yup this! I didn't even notice this at first, I though they just modeled a very feminine male, but no... what point are they trying to make about a character that long dead that most people wont even bother to look at... were they trying to tell that female rulers were cumdumpsters?
>>
>>9874181
The rumored leak China dlc would only implement the generic bureucratic imperial goverment you can use everywhere else. The specific Byzantine imperial system would be added in a culture pack dlc focused on it and Orthodoxs in general
>>
>>9874280
why are you giving such credibility to a 4chan leak, people post bullshit leaks on the video game boards constantly, very seldom are they actually legitimate
>>
>>9874171
I think there is a much simple answer to this: they started building the CK3 map using che CK2 as a basic template, and then started developening it further. Made much more sense that creating a new one from stratches.
936 eventually will be a given tho, while i still have doubts for the 769 one. I think they pretty much admit to have abandoned it because they didnt had enough historical sources for much of the map
>>
>>9874283
It's just common sense. Byzos also had in CK2 an unique goverment system, so a unique byzantine system for CK3 is a given, and as Paradox already confirmed that the "minor dlc's" will be similar to the EU4 culture packs a Byzantine culture pack make a lot of sense
>>
>>9874283
This. The """leak""" is an assumption that everybody that ever played CK2 made long before any leaker posted. Not to mention that plans aren't set in stone. If they see that people are deeply dissatisfied with Byzantine government that's a good reason to overhaul it. Also given the insane success of the game and the fact that it's opened a pathway to a completely new audience (normies like my wife that barely understand how it works) you can be sure there will be a lot more roleplaying/character-focused DLC coming. The fact that the supposed leaker doesn't even mention anything like that makes me extremely suspicious.
>>
>>9874294
It being common sense is less reason to believe that specific leak. It's some bored faggot guessing likely things in the hopes that someone will remember him when they eventually make it into the game
>>
File: download (5).jpg (10 KB, 183x275)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Did you get filtered /his/?
>>
File: yyhf78vktdi01.png (1.05 MB, 1798x930)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>9874306
The developer of this game is EXTREMELY based and redpilled
>>
>>9874306
I still haven't played this because I'm waiting for a GOTY edition. But maybe that's never coming. Gothic 1 is my favorite RPG and I like most RPGs made in Europe so I'm reasonably confident this is a great game.
>>
File: boqNbU8.jpg (59 KB, 600x730)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>9874313
/ourguy/
>>
>>9874306
lol, no
>>
File: MountBlade_II_Bannerlord.jpg (1.03 MB, 1920x1080)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
Isn't it funny that this game came out this year yet doesn't get a single mention in this thread? I know it's not based in real history and all, but holy fuck, I feel most /his/fags I knew used to be such M&B fanboys. But then this piece of shit came and it was so bad that everybody collective wanted to forget that it ever came out.
>spend 10 years making a game
>npcs in all regions have the exact same lines without the slightest bit of effort on the part of the dev even though it's literally text and not even voice acted.
Shameless. Completely shameless. What could've been...
>>
>>9874313
>>9874317
The game is great, but social slop twitter posts have absolutely nothing to do with that fact.
>>
>>9874329
The game is a poorly-optimised buggy shitfest that is supported by 95% goobergaters who bought it to own le SJWs and 5% history nerds
>>
>>9874332
Filtered
>>
>>9873483
That's always my problem with most paradox games. Even if you set a goal for yourself to make a France with Napoleon's borders or something, everywhere outside your realm is going to be a hodge podge mess of snake countries, opms, and sometimes countries existing ridiculously far from where they are in real life (Castille in Finland or some shit).
>>
>>9874332
Not enough blacks, strong wahmen and trannies in the game for your tastes, ya leftypol?
>>
>>9874347
It has the same technical problems as a series like Asscreed which also promotes historical settings, but that series is (very rightfully) shat upon for the incredibly poor optimisation and bugs. Meanwhile people gloss over this for KC:D, outright omitting mentioning this or downplaying it in order to push the game to people and have them buy it. It's one of the very few games in existence that /v/ will tell people to support financially instead of pirating. The difference is that Ubisoft is full of leftists while the Kingdom Come guy is a literal /pol/tard.
>>
>>9874349
I have more fun using the console commands to fix these problems that actually playing the dynasty game
>>
>>9874349
In Crusader Kings, aiming for specific/clean borders is even worse because your vassals will go out of their way to blob and expand your realm until you reach maximum crown authority and stop them from declaring war outside your realm. Even then they will often inherit land from outside which then gets added to your realm. Fucking faggot vassals.
>>
>>9874354
>Comparing it to redditcreed

You need to go back.
>>
>>9874372
Literally the same exact technical problems. Poor optimisation, constant glitches. Fantastic job illustrating the double-standard.
>>
>>9874359
>>9874368
I did one time try a CK2 playthrough where I just world conquested, which is pretty easy once you reach a certain point and have a vassal pope, and used the de jure drift system to create big modern country sized kingdoms and eliminate useless ones. It was manageable for a while but eventually vassals just do retarded shit, made bad marriages, got overthrown, or expanded on their own, so I had to constantly rack up tyranny points just to keep things tidy. I eventually gave up before I got to India. Still, it was the most fun and challenging playthrough I had of CK2.
>>
>>9874373
All these words when simply saying: "I was filtered" would have done the trick.
>>
>>9874381
All of these word when simply saying: "I unironically supported Gamergate" would have done the trick.
>>
>>9874354
The difference is also that one is made by a single European company as their first game. Meaning there is room for improvement and whether or not they shut down depends on your purchase. Ubisoft is going to be there whether or not you buy this year's AC.
>>
>>9874387
There is literally no reason to improve when your fanbase of ebin gamergaters run around the internet pretending the issues don't exist in order to convince people to support their /pol/tard game dev.
>>
>>9874388
I don't know if that's true. I doubt the devs working on the game care very much about that. But I agree that the guy making it about politics was a massive faggot.
>>
>>9874385
>Motivations cannot exist outside of politics.

This is your brain on /tranny-pol/.
>>
anyone have a good guide to quickly learn Victoria 2? I have played most other paradox games so I am not a total noob
>>
>>9874398
It's absolutely true, he was all over /pol/ pre-release and they took the game to /v/ to appeal to the Gamergates, they advertised the game for him all over this website and other far-right spaces for free. "That guy" is the lead developer. He can push out another poorly-optimised bug-ridden title at his leisure and all he needs to do to get it to sell is to hop on twitter again and go on another rant about women and minorities, maybe throw in a sly dogwhistle about merchants or whatever and then deflect all criticism with "muh free speech". /pol/ and /v/ etc will pick up on it and it will be a rousing success.
>>
>>9874408
Is this not the definition of "useful idiots"
>>
>>9874408
Imagine caring about a devs personal life
>>
>>9874422
>marketing his game through radical politics on public websites
>personal life
Do you know what that word means, faggot?
>>
>>9874354
>Kingdom Come guy is a literal /pol/tard
for not making early 15th century central europe 13% black?

it's obvious identity politics hysterics pressure games developers to do things like this, not sure who you're kidding, least of all here
>>
>not a single mention of Imperator : Rome
I legitimately feel bad for Paradox. They improved the game so much since launch that it's now actually a good game, and the next patch looks absolutely fantastic, but because it was so shitty at launch, everybody moved on.
>>
>>9874432
CK brings all the bitches to the block.
>>
>>9874432
What are they doing next patch? I'm willing to give it another go.
>>
>>9874430
>person posting on /pol/ and going out of his way to start drama
>REE YOU CALL HIM A /POL/TARD ONLY BECAUSE 13% OF THE GAME ISN';T BLACK
I wonder when reading posts like yours if you genuinely care so little about interacting with people genuinely online that you just write whatever disingenuous bullshit you think makes a shitpost, or if you're honestly so stupid that you think someone on /his/ hates a dev for not making it ahistorical, when that hasn't been mentioned one time.
>>
>>9874440
Warfare, buildings, technology and the UI are all getting an extensive overhaul. Also great wonders are getting introduced, but that's more anecdotal.
>>
>>9874403
just rush the research point techs, cultural techs (if you aren't a Great Power), medicine, the tree down to nationalism and imperial asap, the rifle techs and military directionalism. most of the commerce and naval ones are shit though you will need the ones that give you bigger naval bases if you want to colonize africa (wouldnt bother with this unless until you're more familiar with the game)

national focus set encourage clergymen in your most populous states until the reach %2 (%4 if your country is really low literacy) and work your way down. otherwise encourage craftsmen (for industry) or soldiers (for bigger military)

dont go above 25 infamy

militancy and consciousness will go up and this may as rebels but it will also allow you to pass reforms (ie more voting rights, and later on when socialist parties are invented, better education and welfare)

otherwise just watch a few let plays of people forming prussia into super germany or some shit. paradox has a huge prussia boner and so it has insane generals and its pretty hard to fuck up militarily. USA is also pretty easy to play though you have to deal with the civil war (don't build soldiers from dixie pops and don't create more slave states, unless of course you want to play as the confederacy and win).
>>
>>9874425
Imagine being so over socialised, you can't detach even a piece of art, from the personality contest slosh that surrounds it.
>>
>>9874457
I can. I am the person that said above that I've been waiting to buy it when it gets a GOTY edition or comes packaged for cheaper. That doesn't mean the dev isn't a complete fucking retard. Nor does that have anything to do with what you said in your post right before this.
>>
>>9874454
I see, I'm going to try it over Christmas. I do think Imperator looks better than CK3 visually. I'm very fond of the warm color palette.
>>
>>9874473
Yeah, it's pretty nice. Greece and Egypt in particular are ridiculously comfy. They're pretty ambitious about this next patch (it's literally called patch 2.0) so it might not come out for a while, and this is just what we know about it so far. There might be a lot more to come.
>>
>>9874481
I feel given how bad the launcher was it would be a good idea to give it for people that bought CK3 for free or at least at a discount. Better to have players to sell DLC to than no players. But I guess if it doesn't pick up steam next year they might try something like that, or do more free weekends.
>>
>>9874439
Pretty sure CK also has the highest number of female players. Probably because it's close enough to the Sims.
>>
>>9874465
Okay have fun, it's a good game. The ramblings of the dev on twitter dont invalidate its quality.
>>
>>9874432
>game is called Imperator Rome
>literally everyone plays either Athens, Sparta or the diadochi
Does anyone ever actually play as Rome or Carthage?
>>
Does Imperator Rome allow me to play as a slav?

I don't know why I like larping as a semi-snow and semi-steppe nigga when I'm a Mexican born in America, but it's fun.
>>
>>9874508
I've girl I know that I've gotten to try CK3 is still playing it. I do think it appeals to them quite a bit. And that's going to go into overdrive once the custom ruler comes out and they can make female characters. Right now there aren't many female rulers to choose from if you want to play one. And they're also adding those options to make the NPCs go for matrilineal marriages, so yeah... Time for the CK franchise to go female. People really underestimate the appeal of this time period for women. They might not give a fuck about military warfare or any other type of government, but tell them they can be queens and princesses and their interest level spikes.
>>
>>9874515
Imperator makes playing tall feel actually fun, which is why you get so many people playing the Greek city-states. A tall Pelopponesian League, or a semi-tall Egypt, in particular, can basically bully everyone. Conquering eventually gets a bit boring in comparison, which is why big expansionist powers are comparatively less popular right now.
>>
>>9874517
Well, anon, I'm a Slav that's highly interested in Mesoamerica and love modern southern America, we've all got something. Though I like playing as a Slav in CK3 as well. Really, the only people I don't ever feel like playing are the Indians, probably because I know so very little about them so there's no emotional connection.
In my previous game I somehow got a Jew that wanted to come to my court because one of my vassals conquered lands way down south. I took him in, settled him, later imprisoned his wife and made her my concubine and embraced Judaism and turned all of Russia-Scandinavia Jewish. What a beautiful experience.
>>
>>9874529
That's really fucking weird, but alright. So long as they don't try and add some gay shit about diplomatically conquering nations.
>>
>>9874537
Which part of South America? I'm too distracted by the corruption to see the good side in the region of my family's origin.

lol, good luck with the crusades.
>>
>>9874538
Can't you already do that through marriage and intrigue shenanigans, though?
>>
>>9874517
>game starts in 4th century BC
>expecting Slavs to be included
Nah, there aren't any Slavs or proto-Slavs. Tbh the entire barbarian world, except maybe for Iberia, Gaul and Britain, is still very underwhelming, but since nobody cares (seriously why would you play as a tribe), it'll be a while before any content gets made for them.
>>
>>9874543
>Which part of South America?
All of it, pretty much, though I'd especially like to visit Colombia and Argentina. I can imagine why someone from there wouldn't find it interesting, same way I have zero desire to play games with "Slavic feels" like STALKER - that's what I get whenever I go outside.
>>
>>9874546
Yeah, but it's still pretty coldblooded to off an entire family for a throne.
>>9874547
My knowledge of proto-slavs is iffy, so excuse my ignorance.
>(seriously why would you play as a tribe)
I like going all Rome and becoming the greatest empire from a single shitheap county.
>>
>>9869156
after playing ck3 for 100 hours in the past 10 days, I can safely say the game is shit. the combat and combat ai is the most boring dog shit aspect of the entire game it's not even slightly engaging at all. the scheming and seduction is extremely repitive which you have to repeat 100's of times if you want to actually get to the late game, it's the exact same shit everytime. fucking your daughter while she's pregnant with a king of a place you want to take over so is heir is inbred is very fun though.
>>
>>9874547
Dacian-Thracian rebellion, followed by unity and you have the barbarian master race to take over the world.
>>
>>9874552
>same way I have zero desire to play games with "Slavic feels" like STALKER - that's what I get whenever I go outside.
I love how many memes are validated by you slavs.
>>
>>9874538
Women are perfectly fine with violently conquering nations, they just don't find it fun by itself. But CK was always more about roleplaying and lots of women like that.
>>
>>9874547
In all honesty, considering the starting date, the barbarian part of the map is already too big.
>>
>>9874538
>He's never diplomatically conquered places
How embarrassing. Imagine using your own men to fight wars and not just letting your allies do all the fighting for you. Imagine not having the vassals of another nation revolt to install your heir on their kingdoms throne. How do you even play the game?
>>
>>9874538
t. wannabe warlord and probably a pedophile
>>
>>9874683
>>9874700
the fuck you pussies talkin bout?
>>
File: 1200px-Птичка[1].jpg (218 KB, 1200x789)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>9874705
bitches don't know about mah AEIOU
>>
>>9874456
thx. yeah I guess a good lets play is the best way to learn
>>
>>9869156
>I've learned some useless trivia
wow how educational...
>>
>>9874432
Did they improved the court/dynasty roleplay? Always thought they should had made I:R a CK with some EU features, instead of the opposite
>>
>>9869156
Reminder that playing anyone outside of England or France is for beta faggots.
>>
>>9875100
Sorry, I cannot hear you over the sound of great and majestic HRE borders.
>>
>>9875100
That's literally the most boring experience ever. I've started with one of the no-name north-African counts and conquered my way to Egypt and I'm just about to finish taking over Italy and dismantle the papacy. It's a lot harder than I thought since the faggot pope keeps sending crusades.
>>
>>9869156
CK3 is not that good as CK2, but it has good full body portraits and excellent performance.
>>
>>9869346
Let me correct this:
They made the Mögyer and Bolgharians look asian. The Hungarians and Bulgarians both look european in the game.
They also made the Avars look asian which I guess is a bit of a stretch by the time of the earliest game start. The Boghlars and the Mögyers looking as asian as they do is also speculation, but I guess they did so partially to distinguish them from the european Populations in which they later dissolved in.
>>
>>9874023
>holy shit
>not holy shite
Wasted opportunity
>>
>>9869156
Guys ck3 takes s lot of time to load suddently it was working great last week, anybody with the same problem?
>>
Is kingdom come deliverance worth $12?
>>
>>9874432
That's the thing with gaming culture, if a game has a rough launch it's going to be considered shit no matter what from there on out. No amount of patching and improvements will fix its image. The best the devs can hope for is that they give a potential sequel a chance and it comes out of the gate with a good reception. Or maybe if they get lucky and some very popular YouTuber creates a video essay that hits all the right notes and convinces people the game is now good.
>>
File: punicreforms.png (2.77 MB, 1920x1080)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB PNG
>>9874454
I'm not really a fan of this new UI, they made everything flat and more monochrome to appeal to mobile game zoomers. The same kind of issue I have with CK3's aesthetic to be honest.
>>
>>9874517
>>9874537
>>9874547
The game does allow you to play as Vistula Veneti actually, who are proto-Slavs
>>
>>9877038
CK3s UI dose not look like this at all, Its far more stylized (whether you like that or not) and Imperator's old UI sucked ass, boring and uninspired
>>
>>9877082
>CK3s UI dose not look like this at all, Its far more stylized
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you install a UI mod by mistake and never notice? CK3's UI is mostly just flat and black. It looks like a game you might play on your tablet. Completely pales in comparison to the medieval flavour CK2 had going on.
>>
>>9874448
So what crime did Vavra commit besides not adding enough "people of color" then?
>>
>>9877117
I liked CK2's UI more as well, I just meant with respect to Imperator, I think that was the most bland an forgettable UI paradox ever made, I think the 2000's HOI games had more unique UI. personally, I think the change for Imperator is much better, even though it looks like the same flat texture lots of modern games use nowadays, its much more attention grabbing than the old one
>>
>>9877134
He was all over the internet stirring shit up whining about women and minorities and "SJWs" and openly supporting goobergate. Whenever he was criticised for this, he hid behind "free speech" and had his minions make his arguments for him. His crime was being a massive /pol/tard faggot and throwing fuel on the "culture war" dumpster fire.
>>
>>9877117
absolutely souless
>>
>>9877188
yes but zoomers love it since they grew up playing mobile apps on their mother's iphone and Paradox wants them to buy their games
>yoooooooo let's goooooooo this shit clean af, it looks just like my phone in dark mode!
>>
>>9877210
>yes but zoomers love it since they grew up playing mobile apps on their mother's iphone and Paradox wants them to buy their games
Do people unironically believe this? no 8 yr old would rather play Crusader Kings over Fortnite on android, simplified/minimalist UI is just a trend nearly every game and tech company is following because trendy
>>
>>9873638
Doesn't HOI4 already have all that? Fuel is at the top of the screen and is needed to use motor vehicles, manpower replenishes at a set rate, and surrounded units have heavy debuffs to simulate a supply cutoff?

T. Played about 20 hours of hoi4. May be wrong.
>>
>>9877180
>whining about women and minorities
he didn't
>goobergate
Let it go.
>>
>>9874432
Between no forcelimits, all the unit types, and crazy attrition I could never figure out war in Imperator. Did they make it more intuitive, and failing that, is there a good tutorial anywhere?
Also a lot of places felt indistinguishable when last I played, they added traditions but only for like the most famous options. How much did that change?
>>
File: vavra.png (24 KB, 597x241)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>9878130
>just forget about the very movement that turned most of this website into a far-right cesspit, a problem that persists to this day
No. Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>9878209
Gamergate was a symptom, not a cause. It was the boiling point of building up frustration and resentment towards increasingly stupid bullshit from gaming journalists and activists over the prior 2-3 years.

It DID lead to 4han turning into a contrarian right wing shitheap, but that's as much the fault of social justice acvisitsts being totally unreasonable and caustic and pushing people towards the right with their BS as it is gamergate itself.

t. leftist progressive who is also sick of most other leftist progressives and the way they do a activism and messaging
>>
>>9878209
>if you make fun of idpol ideologues you're far right!
No, anon. And it's election tourists who ruined the website. /pol/, not /v/.
>>
>>9878293
SJWs will always be worse than any opposition to them
>>
>literally Pregnant Anne Frank: The Game

Apart from the obvious (evil smurf queen ruling over torture planet trying to kidnap the baby of a pregnant Jewish girl, zombies, accelerated pregnancy, etc.), how does it hold up in terms of historical accuracy? Couple of inaccuracies I noticed:

>French Foreign Legion officers wearing the ubiquitous bluish grey uniform of the Poilus from WWI

In reality, the Legion never wore Poilu grey on deployment to Africa, but khaki and brown instead. The French Army proper had long since switched to olive drab/dark khaki uniforms by the time of the game’s setting (1937).

>American-made WWII-era AN/SCR-536 portable radio being used in an abandoned French fort and possessing far longer battery life and transmitting range than it did in reality
>French fort is full of 19th Century cannons but not machine guns or Hotchkiss light artillery pieces the Foreign Legion often used to great effect
>interracial marriage being depicted as being illegal in France even though France hasn’t had anti-miscegenation laws since the Revolution, although it was still frowned upon

A big plus I will add was the fact that the devs took the time to not only fully render the interior of a Renault FT-17, but made it fully functional as well, including manual turret controls and the loading and unloading of casings, features that are usually removed from most proper military video games for simplicity’s sake.

https://youtu.be/ub1X2LlZ4MA
>>
>>9879637
>Pregnant Anne Frank: The Game
wtf are you talking about
>>
>>9878209
Go back to /pol/ you close minded fool. Intelligent people dont waste their time with the do's and dont's of politics. If you cant enjoy something because someone associated with it said something you dont agree with you are a mindless slave.
>>
>>9878149
wars are still dogshit and super boring. If you're a larger state you usually deal with enemies from all sides in a war gobbling up land without forts which basically keeps warscore at zero, and troops travel super slow which means that they'll always take a ton of provinces. And it doesn't help that besieging is a slog allowing the enemy more time to take less defensible land and forts if far away enough
>>
>>9879671
The new Amnesia game that came out recently. Protag is some preggo lady.
>>
>>9879671
>wtf are you talking about

>pregnant French Jewish girl being chased around the Algerian desert by occultist Thule Society monsters and her baby gets stolen by an actual Nazi doctor

Literally all you would need to do is have the evil space smurfs use Swastika symbols and throw in some BJ Blaskowitz-esque white Southern hillbilly as her rescuer and you basically have this board’s flagship meme turned into a game

https://youtu.be/-0lBWvxINPM
>>
>>9877016
Yeah it's pretty neat and fun
It's more like a 50 hour game than a 500 hour game though if that makes any sense

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.