[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 15462573893958.jpg (167 KB, 800x1200)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Why can’t Korean culture be as interesting as Japanese culture?
>>
>>9168858
The pussy there is 20% better so they can afford to be 40% less anthropologically fascinating.
>>
Christianity is inherently anti-cultural uniqueness
>>
>>9168858
so you telling me that you're not interested if Kim will nuke somebody or not?
>>
Neither cultures are that interesting. Frankly, East Asians are overrated because of yellow fever, weabs, and other factors.

Southeast Asia is criminally overlooked. They straddled the major trade routes between India and China, was the source of many spices and aromatics, and the cultures were a fascinating blend of indigenous, Indian, Chinese, and Muslim traits. Their wars of conquest and control were larger-than-life like Majapahit and Srivijaya trying to gain supremacy over Malaysia/Indonesia. The Viet-Cham conflict or especially the Burmese-Siamese wars.

The only reason why the West has a fascination with Japan and South Korea is because they managed to join the club of modern economies and aspects of their culture are seen as acceptable by Asiaphiles. It also helps their women are pale-skinned and viewed as submissive to white men which helps fuel Western fascination with them.
>>
>>9168936

The average dude who “like” japan and its culture is because he watched naruto and like to eat sushi
>>
>>9168936
>Frankly, East Asians are overrated because of yellow fever, weabs, and other factors.
I'm glad someone said this. Japan was literally irrelevant until the 20th century and that was due to its geography.
>>
>>9168972
Man, I really fucking hate anime and I say this as someone who used to watch that shit as a kid. My grandfather got me subbed tapes from HK on his business trips and I used to see all sorts of 80's series like VOTOMS or Dragonar, but nowadays I see it as fucking cancer. If you're going to admire a foreign culture, it has to be substantial and not petty shit like eating a certain dish or watching kid's entertainment.

>>9168981
Yep, Japan were largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of history until they avoided being colonized and modernized in the 19th century to finally culminating in defeating Russia in 1905 and then going full retard with militarism in the 30's and 40's.
>>
>>9169005
>If you're going to admire a foreign culture, it has to be substantial and not petty shit like eating a certain dish or watching kid's entertainment.
>>
>>9168981
>Japan was literally irrelevant until the 20th century
I wouldn't really say they were irrelevant. I doubt the Chinese and Koreans thought they were when the Wokou were ravaging their coastlines or when Japan tried to invade Korea. Japan was a pretty advanced society which explain why they managed to industrialize so fast.
>>
>>9168858
Weebs. and maybe japanese autism about perfection of simplicity and subtlety that coincidentally in line with modern western aesthetic view.
>>
>>9169089
It was an advanced society due to it being on extreme periphery of the civilized world so it didn't have to deal with constant invasions. And it helped that the near 250 years of the Edo period was largely peaceful which ushered in scientific and economic development rather than wasteful foreign wars. The only managed to industrialize so fast because they had the good sense to import Western technical books thanks to the Dutch connection.

As for the Wokou and Imjin War, those were the only 2 instances where Japan was aggressive against its East Asian neighbors before their militaristic phase from 1894 to 1945. It's surprising that besides those 2 incidents, Japan never really warred that much with China and Korea, but then again they had no ocean-going navy to speak of and their armies were piss-poor until they gained guns from the Portuguese.
>>
>>9169107
>The only managed to industrialize so fast because they had the good sense to import Western technical books thanks to the Dutch connection.
>until they gained guns from the Portuguese
But that's the thing, the Japanese actively looked out for that knowledge. When they found the european firearms, their first reflex was to learn how it worked in order to replicate them. The Turks were right next to Europe and couldn't be bothered to learn more about them.
>>
>>9168936
Asian... submissive... ha
>>
>>9168936
Y'know I never really knew why I felt the same until you wrote it out just now. East Asian culture really isn't fascinating at all. Maybe there was a treasure trove of things to learn about China, but who knows how much was lost during the last century? South Asian and yes, Southeast Asian culture is definitely intriguing.

I have a feeling China wiped out so much rich cultural artifacts by forcefully assimilating all their minority groups Uyghur-style and declaring 90% of ~1.3 billion people as one single ethnic group. Pfft.
>>
File: IMG_0318.jpg (178 KB, 1080x1350)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Honorary Aryans > Plastic Gooks
>>
>>9168865
What nonsense, considering how far the jesuits went to incorporate native spiritualism into christianity.
>>
>>9169216

3000 € plastic doll
>>
>>9169118
>When they found the european firearms, their first reflex was to learn how it worked in order to replicate them. The Turks were right next to Europe and couldn't be bothered to learn more about them.

But that's wrong. The turks adopted guns en masse for their professional troops, and did so in such an effective manner that it helped them to terrorize europe for a while.
>>
>>9168858
k*rean culture is just a facsimile of those that surround it
>>
>>9168864
>korean pussy is better than japanese pussy
Lmao no.
>>
>>9169462
>it helped them to terrorize europe for a while
And after a while, the Ottomans became so weak and so backwards, Europeans didn't know what to do with them. It probably was a bad idea to ban the printing press.
>>
>>9169501
What surprised me in Korea compared to Japan was how far Korean girls were.
>>
>>9169513
>how far korean girls are
Serving in the military and fucking korean bar sluts doesn't make korean pussy better, just makes you a dumb coombrain.
>>
>>9168936
Cooler hats too in my opinion.
>>
>>9169551
I meant fat.
>>
>>9168936
Stupid question but did China had more historucal interaction with SEA than they had with Korea and Japan?
>>
>>9169513
>>9169587
Really? Japanese women are getting fatter due to more meat and diary in their diets. The younger generation are noticeably bustier than their elders. Blessed architect is bringing the oppai
>>
>>9169604
Korea, no. Korea is China’s little compliment bitch. Japan’s an odd one because Japan imported a lot of
Chinese culture, but it’s actually interactions with China was pretty infrequent
>>
>>9169587
Koreans are pure Mongoloids so they're fatter. Their diet are more meat heavy as well
>>
>>9168936
Maybe YOU just like SEA and it’s fine if other people like something else
>>
>>9169263
((((((jesuits)))))
>>
in terms of classic culture i don't think that the japs aren't that super interesting

what makes japan so interesting and popular in the whole world is probably their entertainment and industry - anime , videogames , movies and to some extent music

also their technological industry their cars and computers also makes them very renowned worldwide

on the other hand korea doesn't have such a big impact worlwide their entertainment industries apart from the famous kpop music the korean entertainment industry is not very known worlwide korean technology on the other hand has become more popular every year worlwide thanks to their great smartphones samsung and their tv's
>>
>>9169830
>to some extent music
Literally the best thing on that list, once you move past jpop
>>
>>9169216
>posts a plastic bitch
top kek, the only difference is that japs look more SEAsians compared to Koreans
>>
>>9168936
Medieval Japan is very interesting, the Samurai culture and the aesthetics. Kurosawa did much to fire the western fascination there. Ofc SE is best because Islam, it's actually becoming increasingly relevant in that regard
>>
>>9168876
I hope he will. God knows we deserve it
>>
Reminder that the anime industry generates more money per year than the NFL, NBA, and NHL combined.
Anime and manga are two of the largest cultural forces on the planet. Japan is a major player in global culture, and they make cool tech stuff. Also their women are cute and their men are hardworking an honorable.
Japan is the crowning Jewel of the East and probably the greatest country on the planet overall. Anti-Japanese faggots stay coping.
>>
>>9169681
even vietnam?
>>
Pop-culture. There's nothing more powerful than this in our world. Post-WW2 Japan luckied out with samurai cinema then anime and video games. People aren't really interested in Japanese culture, but rather about Japanese entertainment industry.
Something similar is happening to Korea now, with the expansion of Korean cinema and k-pop.
>>
>>9170486
Same reason why people know about China while Korea or Vietnam are just "the other".
Japan produced decent amount of stuff to sell its culture abroad.
China did as well. Kung fu cinema and actors (everyone knows Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan), feng shui for bored housewives, etc.
Korea and Vietnam have fuck all in this department. Korea is the place with a dictator in the north and Vietnam is the place which kicked US army's ass. Kpop and Kdramas are popular, but just like Jpop/Jdramas, Vpop/Vdramas and Cpop/Cdramas, it's only consumed by a specific audience. There has yet to be a Korean actor that most everyone has heard about, or a Korean history movie that everyone's loved and talked about.
>>
>>9168936
Cool, make a thread to enlighten us about SEA. I've been trying to know more about that region, so I'll definitely read it
>>
File: EeUeLBoX0AEtbCQ.jpg (232 KB, 1414x2048)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
cus its better
>>
>>
>>
File: CuUreD8UkAItcHq.jpg (221 KB, 900x1200)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>9170881
>>9170895
>>9170907
I'd trade the pretty face for a girl who's a true history nerd in areas I'm blind on.
Do Koreans have anything comparable to 歴女 (Japanese females going after the Japanese, less so Chinese history aesthetic) or even stuff like the 漢服 (Chinese youth trend where they buy historic clothes and wear them around)? The sort of passion for history, but also without too much autism or gatekeeping (歴女 can be into it simply for the pretty boys from games, 漢服 can buy movie props regardless of their accuracy).
>>
>>9170992
yea, i was walkig near a palace in korea and there were lots of girls wearing this stuff
>>
File: JUST.jpg (203 KB, 474x598)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>9170881
>>9170895
>>9170907
Cool plastic bottles you posted there Park Sun-Hong
>>
File: unnamed.png (317 KB, 512x345)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>>9171001
>>9170992
forgot to post the pic
>>
File: FB_IMG_1596029768332.jpg (78 KB, 700x875)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>9171003
>>
Korea is ridiculously insular. Nobody has a clue about what's going on because Koreans don't talk about their culture (and what you can find is fucked up) whereas Japan is happy to share but just don't give a shit about the rest of the world.

Asian pussy is nice though. Do any videos exist of Japanese and Korean women being intimate?

>>9171003
Am I going blind or did she give herself a bit of a Snoop Dogg look?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2soGJXQAQec
>>
File: 1593235938320.jpg (83 KB, 736x1047)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>9171003
>>9171003
Serious Question: Why should I care at all if an Asian woman gets surgery to make herself really attractive?
When I have children, I'm going to go to a geneticist to have the child be embedded with the good attractive traits anyway, so neither me nor my Asian wife's looks matter whatsoever. So, an attractive asian woman who is attractive because he had plastic surgery (incredibly advanced sophisticated plastic surgery) who is really beautiful with big tits and a nice round fat butt, doesn't concern me whatsoever.
What's the actual problem?
>>
File: 1596255384031.jpg (258 KB, 1932x2576)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>9171380
Because that isn't available yet and won't be for a long time.
t. hapa mutt
>>
>>9171405
I'm gonna make hapa kids with my cute japanese wife my friend. My brother has a cute Chinese wife who works for a hedge fund and makes a shitload of money and he just raises the kids and works part time from home as a web developer. It's the comfiest life Asian women are literally the greatest women on the planet. I can't give that up, sorry fren
>>
>>9170451
Source?
>Reminder that the anime industry generates more money per year than the NFL, NBA, and NHL combined.
>>
>>9171419
>make hapa kids
You could teach him to shot with a gun.
>>
>>9169005
You know theres a lot of dignified anime produced for adults right?

Animation hasnt been just for kids since 1945
>>
>>9171462
>anime
>dignified
lol
>>
>>9168936
you sound brown and below 170 cm
>>
>>9168858
There is no Korean culture.
>>
>>9168936
Son of a American soldier in Vietnam detected
>>
>>9171518
We still had a chance to get clues from shamanism and Tengriism from the geographic periphery. Perhaps it might survive as a fringe in some form in North Korea. But otherwise, you are completely correct.
>>
>>9171405
The girl in that picture doesn't look bad, though certainly no beauty.
Get a decent camera, lights and basic facial care and it's right up there in the 7-ish category. People look like shit in photos by default, and there's absolutely nothing visibly wrong with her, be it flat face, slit eyes, manjaw, ridiculous eyebrows, fat cheeks,...
I can easily show you pics of actually ugly hapas or random people who would need plastic surg. to look good on camera but this certainly isn't one.
>>
>>9168858
Because Koreans are discount Chinese.
>>
>>9171558
Truth. The leader of the Aisin Gioro clan, Nurhaci, once said that the Koreans and Chinese speak different languages, but live the same lifestyle.
>>
>>9171558
I mean if we're talking about their modern culture, it would me more knock-off Japanese. Copying all the visible traits (techo-positive, megacorporations in power, weird cults, massive educational pressure, high rates of adultery, extremely consumerist,...) but lacking all the things that make Japan click with people instead of looking at them as simply rich and slightly mentally fucked Asians.
>>
>>9171442
Just look up the yearly revenue for each organization and do some math.
>>
File: 1455676794001.png (654 KB, 1136x1628)
654 KB
654 KB PNG
>>9168858
>>
>>9171685
Hmm I agree with the Korean part, but the Mongolia part is hilariously wrong.

Natural beauty? Kinda, better than Korean when they aren't sun-pruned. A high protein diet definitely does not give you nice breath. Selfless and moral? Ehh, more than Korean women at least. The Deel is generally not worn in favor of regular clothing, it of itself is certainly not made for Mongolia's wildly swinging climate. Folk songs and fiddle playing is a meme, like all countries almost no youth know nor care to know how to. And last of all, lots of Mongolian youth are into K-pop and anime. They're really not that different.
>>
File: 1596084839889.webm (2.42 MB, 460x1000)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB WEBM
>>9171685
>>
>>9171811
What a tzu toy. GET IT !!!!
>>
File: 1596084138676.webm (2.51 MB, 1200x900)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB WEBM
>>9171846
>>
>>9170992
lol im going to uni in china now
漢服 is very very popular among zoomer girls here, basically every girl has a set
desu it's more of a girl thing though, if a guy likes it there's a chance he's 宅男
chinese historical dramas are very popular too, the average chinese girl is prob more into history here too, in china the history club actually has alot of girls
>>
Do Jap junior highs really have sailor uniforms in this day and age or is it just a fanservice/meme?
>>
>>9171865
alot of uni age chinese girls wear those types of uniforms too.... i really don't know why though, i guess they are weebs or some shit
>>
>>9171003
She was cute before the surgery
>>
>>9171874
This is not what I asked at all.
>>
>>9171811
sticc
>>
>>9168936
based
>>
>>9171865
>>9171883
alright faggot, although i really don't know why you wanted to know this
it depends on the school i think, my friend in hakodate had one of those uniforms but i don't remember my friends in osaka or tokyo wearing that type of thing
>>
>>9171865
Some do, some don't. Also the skirts go to the knees, obviously. None of this skirt cutting off at the cooch business.
>>
>>9168858
Because Korea is attached to Asia, while Japan is an island. Centuries of isolation caused Japan to develop a unique culture that diverged from that of its neighbors, while Korea constantly had cultural influence coming in from China, making it more generically Asian.
>>
Japan has cultural ties to the west long ago because they modernized early
Korea and China didn't, but their cultural exports only managed to get through for specific audiences (Kpop for Zoomers, Kung fu for boomers) and that's only a specific part of their culture. Japan has it all with anime, songs, food and martial arts like sumo. Also Japanese language is the most pleasing to listen to compared to Korean or Mandarin
>>
File: FB_IMG_1596306882754.jpg (31 KB, 290x999)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>
File: FB_IMG_1596306880857.jpg (32 KB, 342x1063)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>
>>9171380
Do you think such technology will be available within the next 20 years? And more, do you think the common folk will be able to have access to it? Unless you're part of the 1%, this is out of bounds for you for at least 60 years
>>
>>9171865
Yes, though as >>9172006 said skirts go to the knees. Most of what you see in anime is shortened/fetishized, though hilariously enough delinquent characters will still wear long skirts (though sometimes they slit them to make them easier to move in). AFAIK many schools still have sailor uniforms, at least for the girls. Guys either have the traditional collared tunic or dress shirt and blazer with pants.

t. been to Japan a shitload of times and constantly saw kids in uniform on school trips around the country
>>
>>9172050
Japan has integrated into the West in a way that Korea has only really started to do in the last 20-30 years, and even then Koreaboo's are still mostly an American/East Asian thing. Weeaboo's are far more globally entrenched. China is experiencing something I'd call 'massive global cultural backlash' currently, and they have negative soft-power (anything that's Chinese is actively not wanted).
>>
I fucking hate oncels so much
>>
File: e6a47a0.png (3.09 MB, 1200x1944)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB PNG
>>9172462
oncechads
>>
>>9171685
the mongolian one is clearly better wife but i feel intimiated about her skills i need a woman that is weak and needs a strong man to protect her and take care of her financial needs
>>
>>9171007
It's called Hanbok.
>>
>>9168936

>implying any SEA nation was ever relevant
>>
>>9172738
how do u think i googled the img
>>
>>9172738
They're all just Chinese ripoffs, and I'm not trying to jerk China off here either. All the kimono is, is just the same but with their own specialized sash and bow. The hanbok is a riff off of which dynasty's clothing I forgot. The Mongolian deel is also another riff. Unsurprisingly, it looks similar to other north/northeastern ceremonial clothing, like the Manchu Qipao. The Vietnamese Ao Dai is just a Manchu dress but with another layer underneath.

But if you go into the fancy military attire, that shows a lot more individuality.
>>
>>9170148
This. Japanese music is somewhat overrated, yet it is probably the most visible music scene countrywise outside the Anglosphere. Nobody talks about Germany unless they're stuck in the 70's or are into Industrial/Butt Metal. France is more or less Serge Gainsborough, Daft Punk, and more house music. Sweden and the Nordic countries are either weird electronic pop acts or kvlt "le funny pagan murderer/arsonist man" black metal. Japanese music, at least from a slightly less than surface level view, has always had an eclectic bent.

>>9170685
>Hong Kong did as well.
FTFY. There are hardly any films of note solely from Mainland China and anything that isn't 100+ minutes of shitty CGI has been put through the censorship ringer. China plays soft power by stealing aesthetics and language from their neighbors, selling it on the App Store, and hoping that no one actually reads/cares where the companies are based.
>>
>>9170481
Even Vietnam
>>
>>9171380
I’m like 90% sure Nanami Matsumoto is 100% natural. The tits definitely are.
>>
>>9172007
Well
>>
>>9171003
I will never not be angry at this image.
>>
>>9173505
interasting
>>
>>9172450
I wouldn't say koreaboos are an American/East Asian thing, I think its already worldwide? Although only females are koreaboos, other than that I agree with you
>>
>>9173305
>Hong Kong did as well.
Where do you think Hong Kong is located
>>
>>9174461
You're not wrong. Men generally don't care about the music or other aspects of the culture, just the hot women. So its like partial koreaboo-ism. Can't say I blame them. Japan on the other hand, is generally a more encompassing fascination, although obviously for men it also heavily slants towards the women. I find that women have little attraction to Japanese men, but thats probably because their male idols aren't propped up the same way Korea does for their own.
>>
>>9172450
>China is experiencing something I'd call 'massive global cultural backlash'
I'm actually not sure if this has ever happened before. No matter how fucking hated a country has been, unless it was some shithole that never produced anything of note, people would still want certain high end or high status goods they were known for. It's kind of incredible just how good the chinese are at pissing off literally everyone.
>>
>>9174902
Thanks to this fat fuck and his retarded foreign policy
>>
>>9174913
>hide your strength, bide your time
Emperor Pooh thought he was too fucking clever and didn't need to follow Deng's guide anymore.
>>
>>9172050
hahahahah ahhhhhh china is fucked
>>
>>9173305
>France is more or less Serge Gainsborough, Daft Punk, and more house music
Sythwave/retrowave came from france and the best acts are french. Again, small, but rapidly gaining popularity and mainstream exposure. Stranger Things soundtrack is mostly synthwave, and 'Blinding Lights'-which was and is popular as fuck- is a synthwave song.
>>
>>9174468
Who did you think controlled Hong Kong when Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan were on the rise? It most certainly wasn't the CCP.
>>
>>9174917
>>9174913
I get that, it's just the fucking SCOPE of it that amazes me. No matter how anti-american a country is, there were always products people would give an arm and a leg for. People would still buy german steel after ww2 and their auto industry was loved even by people who spent the rest of their lives wishing everyone in germany had been bombed. Same for japan, for the most part. China is more utterly despised than bloodthirsty countries that had JUST tried to conquer a bunch of people.

Let's see if i've got this right:
tl;dr
>muh priiiide
>muh glorious china
>no we can't not lie about shit we'll be embarrassed
And then china was so hated their entire policy of building soft power was kill.
>>
File: 1592244627819m.jpg (102 KB, 820x1024)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>9174902
China was dumb enough to kidnap and imprison a Swedish citizen. Given that Sweden is highly regarded everywhere, and is a neutral country, it's no surprise China has mastered the art of pissing off the planet.
>>
>>9174924
Really? I had no idea synthwave and retrowave was from France. How did it start?
>>
>>9174942
>Let's see if i've got this right:
>tl;dr
>>muh priiiide
>>muh glorious china
>>no we can't not lie about shit we'll be embarrassed
>And then china was so hated their entire policy of building soft power was kill.
That's the gist of it. Their main benefit is that people can't afford to not do business there and so many companies have tied themselves there at the hip. But that's starting to change due to various governments policies and the economic situation making it more favourable to invest elsewhere.
>>
>>9174951
French house seems to have started it, and the most sucessful/well known motherfuckers seem to be french. Carpentur Brut, Perturbator, (both whom also have metal backgrounds which seem to make them that much better) Kavinsky, and a few others, like Dan Terminus, are french. Genre as a whole is dominated by french and american acts.
>>
>>9172133
>>9172150
That's a chink
>>
>>9172816
>implying age of discovery didn't happen because of european going around the world to seek SEA spices
>>
>>9175119
*India
>>
>>9174942
>Same for japan, for the most part.
Not at the height of the Yellow Peril craze and China is currently experiencing its own Yellow Peril.
>>
>>9175148
yes. to seek SEA spices which they thought came from india.
>>
File: IMG_20190313_114232.jpg (1.56 MB, 1944x2592)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
I visited the war memorial and history museum when I was in Seoul last year (pic related) and it was pretty interesting. You can definitely spend two days there. Really wish I could go back.

I haven't been to Japan yet outside of one conference in late January, but as soon as they let MEXT scholars immigrate (I'll go there for my PhD), I'll check out their history museums. A pen pal of mine is a history teacher there, so I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Both countries have their interesting history for their own reasons: Korea because it basically was the playball of China and Japan, and Japan because of its geographical isolation.

It's really a shame that weebs and people with yellow fever ruin it for "regular" folks. Can post some more pictures from both trips if you like.
>>
>>9175148
>>9175547
SEA was India to them.
India meaning modern state of India (the archipelago) is a much later development.
Dutch East Indies or Columbus' yellow Indians and such should give you a hint. In the European worldview of the time, the orient was composed of three areas. Tartaria to the north, where all the horsefuckers lived and came from, China in the middle and India for the rest. Even Japan was a part of "the Indies".
Only as they interacted with the people there more did it start shifting to the more tropical regions until it eventually stopped referring to anything outside the archipelago altogether. It's why you have Indonesia "Indian islands", Indochina used to be called "Farther India" and so on and so forth.
>>
>>9169263
Yeah, the jesuits missionaries who are always hailed as heroes of the church.. Oh no wait they were called blasphemous heretics for doing that shit in China and Asia in general.
>>
File: Renovated fort.jpg (162 KB, 1200x675)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>Get invaded by Manchus twice.
>Lose badly both times.
>Forced to sign a peace treaty about renouncing Ming, not building any forrtresses.
>Keep the Ming calendar and build fortresses.
>Qing couldn't even be fucking bothered to tell them to stop, they were that unimportant and harmless to them.
>>
The SEA culture isn't popular because they have no Samurais. Their warriors didn't wore much armoir.
>>
>>9168858
Because Korea's entire history is getting anally railed by Japan.
>>
>>9176165
more like because SEA is 3rd world, no one would give a fuck about samurai and ninjas if Japan didn't have such a large cultural impact in the 70s to 90s
>>
>>9176165
Thais had some pretty aesthetic armors later down the line.
Vietnam goes without saying, that's Chinese-style armors (or the lack of it, just look at Qing musket corps) throughout.
>>
>>9176309
lol didnt even know thais had armior thought their soldiers just looked like this
>>
Why do you guys like samurais so much? They were nothing more than a local warrior class and never invaded other countries except failed attempt at Korea just once.
>>
Then again Muay Thai is very popular and so is Eskrima in pop culture
>>
>>9176520
Cowboys were random rednecks and mexicans who mostly just kept herds.
Crusaders were ridiculous jobbers.

It's not important what something is, but what you make of it. That's just 'culture'.
>>
Because you haven’t been brain washed by Korean anime
>>
>>9171486
There's nothing wrong with being brown.
>>
>>9172816
>implying Japan and China were any more relevant until the later half of the last century

Cope
>>
>>9169216
The fact that 90% of the Japanese women posted here have cosmetic surgery to look even less east Asian is the most embarrassing weeb cope on this board.
>>
Japanese girls are cute
>>
Just wanted to remind everyone trashing Japanese culture you are currently using a Japanese style image board.
>>
>>9176671
Japanese girls with plastic surgery are cute*
>>
>>9168936
This, Japan is overrated and only weebs.
China was largely influential.
>>
File: Kim4.jpg (159 KB, 1200x900)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
What about DPRK?
Would you take a North Korean girl?
>>
>>9171380
Not that it will ever happen, the sole thought of shaping your son according to your preferences is horrifying, plus the process is so complex the experimentation alone would require the death of countless embryos, and even more if a reliable technology will ever be developed (it will not), which will eventually be totally forbidden, and rightfully so. Just stick to finding a partner you like and whom you'd like to live your life with , no matter the looks
(Japs are best tho)
>>
File: soldiers.jpg (323 KB, 1180x787)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>>9176786
>>
>>9168858
It is, tajeki nakamura
>>
>>9176786
>>9176794
Imagine the smell.
>>
>>9168864
Pussy there is 80% more plastic too
>>
File: 414.jpg (1.22 MB, 1200x2355)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>9176786
>>9176794

>tfw you learn Juche ideology is just borrowed from Imperial Japanese ideology taught in Korea
>>
>>9177679
And that's what baffles me about Koreans. They hate Japanese and view them as inferior barbarians yet modern Korea borrows a fuckton of Japan than they care to admit.

Pre-16th century, Japan took a lot from Korea and China since they were its civilized neighbors. Post-19th century, it went the other way around.
>>
>>9176617
QFT. SE Asian martial arts are all nifty whether unarmed or armed. Muay Thai, Lethwei, Pradal Serey, Eskrima, Silat, etc. are all top-notch compared to East Asian styles.

>>9176520
It's because they're the Oriental equivalent to knights; the Portuguese, Spanish, English and Dutch could relate to Japanese because of this common trait. Japan had their own form of feudalism which a Western European could understand compared to other Asian socioeconomic systems.
>>
>>9168936
Japan was literally in a civil war for 800 years with Samurais and Ninjas vs. sea beaner and duck doc dim spear chucking in the jungle. Nah dude, Japan is way more interesting and a superior warrior culture. They didn't even bother with the rest of Asia because it was a shithole and when they were finally unleashed they literally raped and conquered everyone. Ultra Based Japan.
>>
>>9176165
SE Asian warriors were just as good if not better than meme samurai. The only reason they aren't more well known is because they're largely 3rd world and don't get the popular treatment that Japanese culture has been able to export.

Read about the major wars in SE Asia and you'll realize how fucking aesthetic they're arms and armor were as well as how mind-boggling the size of their armies and campaigns for conquest were. Fucking Java was able to launch fleets and armies against Cambodia in the early Middle Ages.
>>
>>9178441
The only people pre-modern Japanese were good at killing were themselves. The only other time was a sneak attack (sound familiar?) on unsuspecting Koreans and the Chinese relief army that was sent to save Korea.

Hell even the Chinese were able to wreck Japanese pirates (though to be fair most of the so-called wokou were Chinese) in the 15th and 16th centuries. Korea attacked and subjugated Tsushima in the 1400s with primitive cannon and other gunpowder weapons.

The Japanese had such a joke of a navy (basically troop transports and no cannon to speak of), they got absolutely wrecked by a handful of Korean armored warships and cannon-equipped ones.

Japanese military prowess is overrated and overhyped. The Indian Army of the British Raj was the strongest military of Asia not Japan. The Japanese couldn't even conquer all of China and decided to attack the bigger and stronger Western powers of Asia.
>>
>>9178466
No way SE beaners were better warriors than the Samurai. The Samurai literally defeated the Mongolian Horde and didn't bother with other weaker countries because they wern't a challenge. Lets also not forget that Toyotomi Hideyoshi made Korea his bitch with ease. Japan has always been the higher standard in Asia and that is why Americans respect them
>>
File: JapanRulesKorea.jpg (223 KB, 1042x1006)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>9178505
The Japanese didn't see a value in a navy because they didn't have imperial ambitions, they literally thought the surrounding cultures were niggers and were happy to leave them to China. Whenever Japan came into military conflict with a regional army they fucking destroyed them, see pic related over 1,000,000 guks dead versus only 100,000 japs, thats an insane kill ratio
>>
>>9178423
North Korea is the worst about it. I'm not sure how much you know about Juche, but they literally stole it from Jap propaganda.
>>
>>9178509
The Samurai didn't defeat the Mongols; the weather did. Though I do concede that the stubborn Japanese resistance in both invasions (especially the 2nd) forestalled the Chinese, Korean, and Mongol troops in establishing a beachhead.

As for Korea, no shit Korea got steamrolled because A) They were caught off-guard since their main military threat was the Jurchens and B) The Korean army had no experience dealing with massed arquebuses (though they did have superior cannon and rocket tech). Even Hideyoshi died knowing that his armies were being bled in Korea thanks to guerrilla warfare, the Ming army thwarting them, and the Korean navy blowing their floating tubs to pieces.

Americans don't respect Japanese. They tolerate them because they made them into their vassal state, fuck their women, and treat them as a necessary evil because Japan's the biggest forward base that the US has in the Pacific.
>>
>>9178533
I don't understand why the Japanese bothered to conquer Korea when they had easier pickings in the Philippines and Taiwan? They developed proper sailing vessels with English and Dutch help by the early 17th century. Imagine if those men and resources wasted in Korea were spent colonizing Taiwan, Sakhalin, and the Philippines? Would've made more sense in the long-run and I say this as someone who detests Japanese, but reading their striking potential in the early Tokugawa era baffles me as how they were so close to becoming a major power.
>>
>>9178554
Oh I know. There's a definite flavor of Japanese militarism found in North Korea's presentation and organization. It's also funny that Kim Jong Un is partially Japanese because his mother was descended from a Zainichi Korean who married a Japanese woman.
>>
>>9178505
>The only other time was a sneak attack (sound familiar?) on unsuspecting Koreans
Really, it wasn't a sneak attack. The Japanese had negotiated with the Koreans and they thought the Japanese would just send a bunch of pirates that could be dealt easily. The Koreans were incredibly arrogant and paid greatly for it.
>>
>>9178613
This is true though even the US had suspicions of Japanese intentions and knew they were going to strike (though mainly in the Philippines and not Hawaii), but still it was a punkass move from Japan to attack a country that they've had centuries of good will and connections with.
>>
>>9178584
>t. angry guk

America respects Japan and Vietnam for that matter because they put up a massive fight in a major war theater and didn't just lie down like confucian bitches like the rest of Asia. Don't overstate Korea's military capabilities, they are basically the Yugoslavia of Asia with better looking women. Korea was always a client state of a greater power and the peninsula spent most of its history divided due to arrogance and incompetence. Hideyoshi mainly pulled out due to problems at home and the lack of military commitment due to the bakufu not wanting to caretake people they viewed as niggers. These are the hard truths, believe what you want but the numbers speak for themselves, for literally every samurai killed, 10 guks died in his place.
>>
>>9178597
its all about context, the greater threats for the shoguns were always domestic daimyo more so than any foreign power. Why bother with some colony of subhumans that will require significant resources to maintain when you have lords at home waiting to overthrow your government and plunge the nation back into civil war. Also they had the ryukyu islands by the 8th century which were more developed than Taiwan.
>>
>>9178651
LOL, I don't give a fuck about Koreans or Japanese. They're both autistic shitheads in my opinion.

I'm just unhyping the whole mystique about MUH HONORABLE SAMURAI. In fact, the real backbone of Japanese armies in the 16th century during the height of the Sengoku were its ashigaru. The common foot soldier armed with long pikes and arquebuses were the real spearheads and not the katana-wielding retainers and noblemen. And I actually have some respect for Oda Nobunaga for defying the social conventions and had he lived, Japan might have become a dominant power of the Pacific. He would've modernized Japan to rival the Europeans and the Chinese.

The Koreans are not a warrior people, but they fielded some hardy fighters. Their defeat of the Sui armies brought that dynasty down indirectly and they fought viciously against the Mongol and the Japanese invasions. So you're underrating them. Even MacArthur admired the fighting qualities of the Korean.

I really don't think Americans "respect" Japanese and Vietnamese seeing how they lost a fuckton of American soldiers fighting them. If anything, they acknowledge they were a pain-in-the-ass to fight and hated them as a foe to not underestimate.

And if you want to talk about military casualties equating to victory, the US killed a fuckton of Viets but even then like Ho Chi Minh warned, we still didn't win that conflict and had to pull out.
>>
>>9178677
Because Taiwan and the Philippines were excellent agricultural, mining, and living space for bored samurai and ronin. Easier to colonize undeveloped peoples and settle Japanese peasants to expand Japanese trading posts and estates for samurai. The Japanese would've been an even larger commercial power with control of these 2 reasons to seriously compete with the Dutch and Spanish. Korea is a developed kingdom with cities and a culture that actually pre-dates Japanese civilization so why bother wasting time there? Go for easier targets.
>>
>>9178722
kek mining, you know in historical context that Japan had a shitload of gold right? they are a volcanic island, they literally had access to all the metals and minerals they needed at the time. It wasn't until industrialization that they became dependent on oil
>>
>>9178700
Dominant warrior cultures respect other warrior cultures. Why do you think Vietnam Vets take tours of Vietnam and go meet their counterparts for tea? Its mutual respect among warriors, i know this is something difficult for a beta incel to understand

The only reason MacArthur liked Koreans was because they provided a yellow shield for the troops and they didn't have to comply with the rules of engagement, same for their role in Vietnam.

Japan for hundreds of years was simply more experienced and more well trained at battle from fighting each other over tough terrain. Chad Samurai are far better fighters than the virgin Hwarang. Koreans are also great cannon fodder because of their oppressive confucian cultural values and the bone rank system which always encouraged them to overcompensate. Korea even tried to invade Japan and failed spectacularly.
>>
>>9178747
More so with silver and copper. Studying economic history in Asia was one of my term papers and Japan was a major source of precious metals that Ming China needed which the Portuguese and Dutch were quick to take advantage as middlemen seeing how the Chinese banned direct trade with Japan.

It's also interesting to note that Japan a brief yet fantastic foray in international trade with their red seal ships (based on European galleon designs) into Vietnam, Cambodia, and especially Siam.

But if you read historical accounts and books on Japanese silver, copper, and (some) gold being used in inter-Asian trade by the Dutch and Portuguese, it was mainly to purchase Chinese silks and in the case of Taiwan and Siam; deer hides for armor, clothing, etc. Conquering Taiwan would save Japan from spending its precious metal supply (something later shogunate officials commented on) and the Philippines would've been their tropical colony for aromatic woods, sugar, minerals, and rice/foodstuffs.

Japanese society and its population/economy grew exponentially in the 17th and 18th centuries because of the internal peace and fostering travel/commerce conditions it allowed. There were actual reports of artificial population control of killing infants and other factors to keep Japan from being overstrained. No such factors if they had Taiwan and the Philippines to expand into.
>>
>>9175021
taiwanese
>>
>>9178792
A lot of Vietnam vets were mislead by the government over why they were there and many if not most of them today realize that the Vietminh and Viet Cong saw the US as another wave of foreign occupiers. So no shit there's going to be vets who revisit the country that some of them grew to appreciate its culture and people while they fought and break bread with guys who were fighting to defend their land against Western invaders.

The Vietnamese were hated but not as much as the Japanese were who tortured, starved, and murdered thousands of US and other Allied POWs in the Pacific War. I am surprised that there are some US and other Allied servicemen that are willing to forgive and bury the hatchet. More power to them.

Look dude, I get you're obviously a weab. I don't even mindlessly bash on Japanese if you note that my posts actually address some of the more nuanced and overlooked qualities of Sengoku armies like the ashigaru. Nor do I overlook how the Ming and Korean armies and navies get the Japanese all sorts of problems after the initial 1592 onslaught and they started to adapt.

If anything, I appreciate the 3 Muslim gunpowder empires of that same period. The Ottomans, Safavids, and Mughals were amazing how they both existed around the same time (though they Ottomans existed since 1299) and were Turko-Persian civilizations (though the Ottomans abandoned the Persian language and culture to the shock of the Mughals) that changed the whole landscape of Western, Central, and Southern Asia as well as North Africa and Southeastern Europe in the case of the Ottomans. Korea, China, and Japan have interesting moments but I'm not a weab or Yellow Fever Asiaphile. SE Asian cultures and warrior aesthetics appeal to me more than Northeast Asians barring the Mongols and Manchus who are god-tier.
>>
>>9178803
On that not, I remember Hideyoshi, I believe, threatened the Spanish and claimed he would invade the Philippines. Did the Japanese even had a navy strong enough to do it? If so, considering the Spanish weren't really numerous at that time, could they have successfully conquered the Philippines?
>>
>>9178855
>defends incel korea
>calls me a weeb

I don't give a fuck about fap drawings and other stupid shit. My affinity for Japan has more to do with their history, bushido, zen and martial arts. My point is that Japan has a superior culture both militarily and sociologically to most of its neighbors and they didn't waste time with imperial expansion because they literally thought they were surrounded by subhumans and the nature of their politics was so high risk that they couldn't afford long colonial ventures without worried about getting overthrown, once Emperor Meiji ended the feudal system and that risk was gone they curbstomped every country around them and became the one of most dominant world powers in Asian history. They defeated the Mongols multiple times when the Mongols were literally crushing everyone else, literally the only culture in the entire continent to achieve such a feat. Japan's internal wars were extremely brutal and full of heroic tales, the Genpei War probably being the greatest among them. Japan was also a highly advanced agricultural and maritime commerce society, they don't have a history of eating bugs and people from poor planning.

The best thing about Japan and in my opinion their source of cultural value and strength is the lack of influence by the virgin confucianism. Shinto and to a lesser extent Buddhism fueled Japan spiritually and determined their outlook on life, these values extolled wisdom, dominance and environmental reference over political deference which made them strong. Also the Buddhist monks in Japanese culture were based as fuck and only rivaled by the excesses of the Shaolin and Wudang.

I didn't address the spearmen because ultimately their job was to be a body, the calvary and samurai infantry had the greatest battles ex. dannoura, sekigahara so your point is irrelevant. The problems with foreigners you refer to were barely a blip compared to the death tolls from their own civil wars.
>>
>>9171003
why do they spend so much money to look like aliens? Asians are worse than blacks when it comes to peer pressure.
>>
>>9178988
Not at that time, but between 1600 and 1635, Japan developed proper oceangoing ships by adapting Chinese and European designs. The Spanish were scared shitless of an actual Japanese invasion because they didn't have the manpower to deal with it effectively.

If Hideyoshi never invaded Korea, died as he originally did, and all the samurai that were supposed to fight in the Imjin War (as well as the ones that lost to Tokugawa at Sekigahara) embarked on those Red Seal Ships, all of the Philippines would've become Japanese within a century of steadily colonization. No way could the Spanish and Filipinos resist at least 100,000 Japanese soldiers and noblemen hellbent on seizing those islands and fortifying in cities and castles, steadily encroaching and Japanizing the natives.

In fact, if all the Catholic Japanese were expelled (and they were about 200,000 at least), that would made the colonization even more likely.
>>
>>9179049
Not all were expelled, many of them ended up in Kyushu
>>
>>9179018
>They defeated the Mongols multiple times when the Mongols were literally crushing everyone else, literally the only culture in the entire continent to achieve such a feat.
Eh, have you ever read about the Viets (with Champa assistance) crushing not 1, not 2, but THREE invasions by the Mongols? Or how the Javanese nobility tricked the Mongol expeditionary force into fighting for them and then betrayed them after all the hard work was done?

Even the Volga Bulgars and the Mamluke Egyptians could boast about defeating Mongol armies in battle. If Japan had a proper navy and annihilated the Mongol fleets like the Greeks did at Salamis, then I could certainly give them more props.

The samurai fought viciously both Mongol invasions, but if there hadn't been 2 typhoons, the outcome might have been brutal. I don't think the Mongol expeditionary forces would've been able to subjugate all of Japan. They'd be fighting for every inch of land and Japan's mountainous terrain would negate any advantage of Mongol cavalry.

As for martial arts, this is where I have a healthy respect for Japan. Particularly in their grappling spheres because Jigoro Kano and his invaluable contribution with Judo to the world cannot be understates. Judoka were some of the greatest gladiators and challengers in the late 19th to early 20th century against other wrestling styles. Only Catch Wrestling could only field proper opposition in submission and pins against Judo. And both Judo and Catch Wrestling exchanged techniques and ideas with each other (as well as Catch being influenced by Pehlwani). No Judo means no Sambo or BJJ in the world and that would be a serious travesty.

I also note that Japan preserved Catch Wrestling and it boasts more Catch practitioners than any other nation (including its home country of Britain). It's deliciously ironic that a Japanese Catch Wrestler defeated Brazilian practitioners of a style based on Judo (with a dash of catch wrestling) during Pride.
>>
>>9179056
I know, but imagine a mass exodus of Japanese Christians from peasant to nobleman invading and colonizing Taiwan and the Philippines. Or Hideyoshi's invasion force being delayed and deterred by 1 or 2 decades to the Philippines instead.
>>
>>9179102
I have the impression the Japanese had no idea how big China was and how poorly defended the Philippines were. Conquering Korea makes sense considering how close it is to Japan, but how did they ever expected to conquer all China is beyond me.
>>
>>9179087
Mate, it's clearly bait and you're eating it up along with the fishing rod.
Also, Japanese never colonised stuff because colonising simply didn't exist in their dictionary. The whole concept of taking over nothing was pretty alien. Just look at Hokkaidou and how they only colonised that during Meiji after millennia of it being there. Likewise, Tokugawa shogunate banned warships. Even if Hideyoshi's clan stayed in power (and there's really no reason to expect that), they'd almost assuredly enact that ban all the same.
>>
>>9179018
>lack of influence by the virgin confucianism.
You do know that Neo-Confucianism was widely disseminated and studied during the Sengoku and Edo periods right? Especially in the 17th and 18th centuries.

I particularly don't give a fuck about Confucianism. Too hierarchial but I do like some of its core values that it professes like:
Benevolence
Justice
Wisdom
Integrity
Courtesy

These are qualities that an adult should have, but not at the cost of bowing down to collectivism and archaic family structures.
>>
>>9179119
The Japanese have traveled to China in the past. They've had plenty of tribute and trade missions as well as scholars and monks passing through. There was even a Japanese soldier-of-fortune during the T'ang dynasty that became governor of Tonkin (northern Vietnam that was still under Chinese control).

Hideyoshi just fucking lost it and it's a shame he plunged Japan into war against the Chinese and Koreans when he could've pursued other matters like improving the domestic economy, financed Japanese shipwrights into building ocean-going trade and naval vessels or colonize Hokkaido and Sakhalin or whatever. Instead the only thing Japan got out of the Imjin War was access to Korean potters and other craftsmen that gave a boost to Japanese arts. Taiko was one of my favorite historical novels when growing up and reading about the rags-to-riches story of Hideyoshi is amazing up until he went fell retard with his invasion dreams of Ming China.
>>
>>9168865
you can literally build your own church
even roman catholics don't force their autism anymore
>>
>>9179122
Possibly, but even after Sekigahara, quite a few samurai families financed and oversaw Japanese shipbuilding and trade ventures to increase their wealth and power. Nobunaga fostered cosmopolitan views of the outside world and harbored some form of expansionist goals. Had he never been betrayed and forced to kill himself, who knows what kind of direction Japan would've been? Nobunaga spurred Japanese tradition and openly assimilated foreign elements and tech in his domains.
>>
>>9179087
I firmly disagree, the Mongolians weren't accustomed to fighting on intense mountainous terrain like the Japanese were, the Mongols always had considerable difficulty invading nations that required crossing into heavily mountainous regions. Japan was quite the bridge too far for Mongolia despite being in relative vicinity compared to Moscow or Vietnam.

Yes, Judo with Kano and Kimura. Kyokushin and Shotokan Karate along with the numerous other styles. Chojun Miyagi, Kanbun Uechi, and the other great masters. The enormously effective Aikido which is similar to Chinese San Soo. I also agree on the point with catch wrestling which was largely influence by Antonio Inoki.

I agree as well that the Gracie's were not prepares to face real Judokas or catch wrestlers with hybrid styles, BJJ liyerally had to be modified to meet the challenge from people like Hidehiko Yoshida and Yoshihiro Akiyama.
>>
>>9179102
they went to the ryukyu islands instead because they could speak Japanese and had string trade relations with China

>>9179122
its not bait, Japanese lords literally thought other asian races were nogs, with the exception of the Chinese during the early periods and even then only the aristocracy. Asians historically are quite racist amongst themselves.
>>
>>9168936
That's not the culture not being interesting at all. Restoration works in East Asia are often very pragmatic (for tourism, prestige, etc.) so sometimes the arts and architecture might look gaudy to some. In contrast, Borobudur for example followed the Western-style of restoration. That is, complete autism with its 'muh authenticity', etc. If Borobudur had been in China, they would've taken some liberties with how they'd restore it.
>>
>>9179128
it was studied but not fully embodied due to the warrior led culture and the predominance of shinto and zen influences. Even Buddhism had to make way for Shinto cultural traditions and adapt its own versions for the Japanese.
>>
>>9179216
fuck the reactionary toyotomi
>>
>>9169130
based broken white husband
>>
>>9179268
It's funny how Hideyoshi owed his rise to power to the conditions of the Sengoku and then made sure no other peasant could advance themselves like he did. Or how he implemented arms regulation by tricking the peasants to giving up their swords and other weapons to cast a giant Buddha.
>>
>>9179216
Oda Nobunaga is bad news. Japan would've lost half of its male population if he continued his silly ambitions.
>>
>>9179298
Oda was necessary, if he didn't unite Japan by force Tokugawa Ieyasu or Takeda Shingen was going to do it.
>>
>>9179298
Nobunaga always gets this bad rep, but he wasn't a madman like Hideyoshi was with the Korean invasion. Nobunaga was on the poise of unifying all of Japan under his control. He would've become the new Shogun and it's very likely that with his economic reforms like free trade and contact with Europeans, Japan would've most likely still developed artistically and economically like the Tokugawa Shogunate did, but also have extensive maritime connections and probably a strong navy to back it up.

And Nobunaga didn't quite mind the Catholic priests, but in the long-run, a sort of Japan version of Catholicism would've developed since no Shogun would've tolerated Japanese pledging allegiance to the Pope. So you might seen an Anglican-esque Church of Japan develop where the vernacular is all in Japanese instead of Latin and recognition of the Pope is ignored. Japanese priests and churches would form without instruction from Rome ala what the Irish Church did before the Normans.
>>
>>9179314
>Takeda Shingen
I fucking love his rivalry with Uesugi Kenshin and Kagemusha is one of my favorite samurai films.

Thing is, Japan needed a forward-thinking guy like Nobunaga if you had to choose between him and the backward Takeda whose famous cavalry charge got BTFO by entrenched gunmen.

There should've been a Japanese daimyo with the power and acumen to realize Japan needed to expand its horizon and not shut itself off like the Tokugawas did. Not necessarily get involved in foreign affairs like how Koxinga asked them for help against the Manchus or various European navies fighting in the Pacific, but a strong and neutral Japan that traded all across Asia, Africa, and even the Americas as well as not tolerate any foreign interference in its affairs so basically a formidable army and navy with up-to-date tech. Basically a modernized Japan more than 250 years before Meiji.
>>
>>9179252
>they went to the ryukyu islands instead because they could speak Japanese and had string trade relations with China

Ryukyuans couldn't speak Japanese even during WW2. Fat chance they'd speak Japanese within a few years of being conquered.

>>9179333
>Nobunaga always gets this bad rep, but he wasn't a madman like Hideyoshi was with the Korean invasion.
Trying to set up a new dynasty in China was Nobunaga's idea. Hideyoshi was simply following through with it.

>>9179283
>Or how he implemented arms regulation by tricking the peasants to giving up their swords and other weapons to cast a giant Buddha.
Or, you know, people being absolutely sick of the everlasting conflict and hardcore embracing buddhist sects which promised them peace and safety. What absolute idiots they'd go along with a plan of signifying the end of such horrid times by setting up a monument to Buddha and removing peasant levies which allowed this perpetual escalation to exist in the first place. Keep in mind these were real people, not someone playing a Paradox/Civ game and shooting for a highscore.
>>
>>9179377
Not knowing how to speak and choosing not to speak are two different things.

>>9179350
agreed Shingen was too traditional and weak to take on that role
>>
File: Dress_of_Oji_and_Aji.jpg (68 KB, 387x543)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>9179392
>Not knowing how to speak and choosing not to speak are two different things.

The conquest of Ryuukyuus happened in 1609. The ban of Christianity in 1614. These people would sooner be conversant in some southern Chinese than whatever west Japanese variant these new arrivals would use among themselves.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumemura
>>
>>9179377
I have serious doubts that Nobunaga was going to try and conquer China. He had enough on his plate with the other major daimyo houses. At best, he might have expressed an interest as wishful thinking, but it doesn't jive with how Oda operated. China would be too much for Japan to conquer whether in the 16th century or the 20th century.
>>
File: Seal.gif (19 KB, 266x364)
19 KB
19 KB GIF
>>9179479
>I have serious doubts that Nobunaga was going to try and conquer China.
He literally talked of nothing else. Ever heard the phrase 天下統一 or 天下布武 (his personal seal)? If you think about this, this would basically be Japanese Mein Kampf. He was still just an upstart no one when he started signing everything with a sign of "I'll unite everyone by military might!" Except no one, not his neighbors or any of the big players minded that. In fact, he was simply making a callback, calling himself the grand conqueror/unifier of China. And his Sinabooism didn't end there. Look up what Gifu is and how it got its name. Nobunaga was simply Nobunaga. Historical what-ifs are bullshit but if I had to place a bet then he was a person much more likely to go through with an invasion of China (most likely after getting told to fuck off after an attempt to get Ming to recognise him) than Hideyoshi ever was... and yet even Hideyoshi did it.
>>
>>9179216
A few more decades of openness and the Japanese could have built a surprisingly good navy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Juan_Bautista_(ship)
>>
>>9174939
Answer the question
>>
File: 20200702_140902.jpg (125 KB, 1440x1166)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>9174902
>It's kind of incredible just how good the chinese are at pissing off literally everyone.
Is this what's it's like to live in a bubble?
In what world is 5 eyes counties literally everyone?
>>9174913
Do you even know what China's foreign policy is? Or are you just going off
>Xi bad because ummmm reasons
>>
>>9179836
Most kung fu movies are in Cantonese for a reason you filthy degenerate, he is right you are wrong. China didn't start producing their own kung fu films until the 90s.
>>
>>9179851
>major players vs irrelevant shitholes
>>
>>9180099
>major players
They're just US puppets
>>
>>9180117
Ok, Chang
>>
seethe
>>
Japs and Jap girls have that unique “autistic” vibe you can’t find among other countries. Korea is like a cheap plastic knock-off.
>>
File: sakura.jpg (25 KB, 404x447)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
This is Korean culture thread, right?
>>
>>9168981
1800 japan was the fourtt most populated nation in the world after China, maratha and British Bengal and it has one of the highest literacy rate and gun production.

Japan is historically notable for its large temperate rainforest climate which enabled large population and high density with pre modern tech,

But yeah, japan wasn’t really notable otherwise until the 16th century
>>
the amount of coomers posting 90% naked attention seeking whores is distracting and annoying. otherwise a good thread.
>>
>>9178509
the mongols failed to conquer java too and vietnam
>>
>>9180233
>1800
>But yeah, japan wasn’t really notable otherwise until the 16th century
>>
You love Japanese culture, anon-san?
>>
File: 1596429055947.webm (2.92 MB, 1920x1080)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>9180804
>>
>>9169496
J*apanese culture is a facsimile of Tang Chinese culture.
>>
>>9173305
>probably the most visible music scene countrywise outside the Anglosphere.
That’d probably be Puerto Rico, Colombia or the Dominican Republic
>>
>>9181037
It's just like Ramen really.
>>
I'm playing Super Metroid for the first time and it's pretty fun, so Japanese culture is okay in my book. But it seems like Japanese people produce the best things under the influence of Western culture (Metroid is obviously inspired by Aliens).
All this moe/cute culture is just embarrassing and fake.
>>
File: Korean Hat.jpg (21 KB, 324x245)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>9168858
Gookreans did nothing but sit on their peninsula, ree on Chineses, Nomadnigs, and Japanese to stay out (unsuccessfully), and pervert Confucius' teaching as horrifyingly as possible (class. fucking. freezes).

Compared to the ebin Feudalism and Samurai of Japan and Chinkdom's great Empire and huge upheavals, what do Gooks have to interest other people? Nada.

>>9171685
>Mongolia
>Traditional & clean.
Modern Mongolia is a polluted Sovietized Russian buffer state mired in poverty.

If you want to see "traditional" Mongolian life: go China, in Inner Mongolia. There their ways were preserved due to Chink affirmitive action laws for minorities.
>>
Is it true that Korean hanbok used to look like this?
>>
>>9171549
That's a fucking dude
>>
>>9171685
The problem is this.

95% of Mongolian women look like pic related
>>
i saw that "historical" zombie show set in korea. assuming their traditional outfits were somewhat accurate, they looked ridiculous compared to the nip ones.
>>
>>9176692
And 95% so the posters on this website are using Windows but that doesn't stop them from talking shit about American culture. Shut the fuck up and sit down
>>
>>9171003
At least its that look constantly for many years and you can wake up to it. In the west, women need to reapply their look every morning and that comes at the cost of good skin as well later down the line.
>>
>>9180558
Anon I answered to said it was irrelevant until the 20th
>>
>>9178509
lol dumbass weeb, the Vietnamese defeated THREE consecutive Mongol invasions and didn't need typhoons to do the job for them.
>>
File: seppuku.jpg (55 KB, 640x480)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Samurai culture is stupid. They have to commit ritual suicide to protect their so called honor. Their life goal is none other than honorable death. No other country anywhere else in the world has had such a ridiculous custom. And before that, they did make a farewell poem to this world. Wait, that sounds actually cool. I have to admit.
>>
>>9181310
ok chang
>>
>>9176786
When North Korea collapses, American men will be getting Nork wives at no price.
>>
>>9169696
Based
>>
>>9179851
>Corrupt and authoritarian shitholes some of whom are being paid by China approved China's security laws.
SurprisedPikachu.jpg.

Not even him.
>>
>>9168858
Because you are obsessed with a shitty island group
>>
>>9168858
Reminder that in the 19th century the whole of western Europe was fascinated by Japanese culture and loved to emulate their art. Meanwhile both Korea and China were seen as weak backwater nations of no real importance.
>>
File: 1595991028293.webm (1.24 MB, 640x360)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB WEBM
>>9182541
>>
>>9182541
>Meanwhile both Korea and China were seen as weak backwater nations of no real importance.
>China
>19th Century
>No real importance.

Way to go miss out on the point of European imperialism in China I guess.
>>
>>9182562
It was meant in more a cultural sense or being worthy of respect.
China was simply a big market with easy pickings and nothing more.
>>
>>9182541
>Reminder that in the 19th century the whole of western Europe was fascinated by Japanese culture and loved to emulate their art.

Reminder that from the time they first heard about China and especially after Marco Polo's stories sold them on it, Europeans were heads over tails on this weird new civilised world. Whereas Japan was just an island of gold-wearing cannibals.
WW2 saw widespread hate for Japan and support of China and Chinese culture until the Communists won the Chinese civil war and Japan became an ally. The distrust and hate of anything Japanese during the Yellow Peril contrasted with the age of Hong Kong cinema and massive kung fu craze worldwide.

The pendulum swings to either side all the time. Pretending one or the other was the sole object of European admiration is stupid bullshit.
>>
>>9169130
Where is my asian domme wife

China PROMISED me one!!!
>>
>>9182596
>Europenises weren't interested in China culturally.

I guess the 13th and 18th Centuries never existed for you.
>>
>>9182637
>>9182664
Europeans before the 18th century for the most part didn't truly know what China was like. It was just an exotic far off land that they had heard tall stories about.
Whereas with 19th century Japan, Europeans could easily get souvenirs and other pieces of art as well as photographs or read up-to-date and reliable accounts of the place. Many even visited it. As they actually understood the country and could properly experience the culture it was far more genuine that being a "sinophile" in the renaissance after reading about Marco Polo's adventures.
>>
>>9168936
>and viewed as submissive to white men

I'm like 100% sure you just described SEA women
>>
>>9182095
>Corrupt and authoritarian shitholes some of whom are being paid by China approved China's security laws
This is literally you just coping
I could say the same thing about every country that criticizes it for no reason
retarded us puppets
>>
>>9182809
t. Chang
>>
seething again
>>
>>9182737
>Europeans before the 18th century for the most part didn't truly know what China was like. It was just an exotic far off land that they had heard tall stories about

Yeah dude, its not as if European Jesuits, Merchants, Sailors, Ambassadors, Poets, Mathematicians, Gunsmiths, who told both good and bad tales- everything of interest- of China from the 14th-18th century and wrote fucktons of eyewitness accounts of that place.

Its also not as if considerable colonies of Europeans existed nearby like Manila in the Philippines, who knew what life in China was like from the 16th to the 18th centuries.

Its also not as if Chinese art, artefacts, and the people themselves were reaching Europe in the 16th-18th century, which spawned an aesthetic movement trying to capture Chinese Aesthetics which is basically the first Weeaboo Phenomenon in Western Europe.

Nope, not at all.
>>
>>9179851
>Vietnam - a Chinese opponent- doesn't give a fuck about Security Law.

Huh, that's interesting.
>>
>>9182853
>Vietnam - a Chinese opponent- doesn't give a fuck about Security Law.
Yet you retards will claim that Vietnam hates China and loves the US on any other day
Just admit that you're wrong and the US uses it's puppsts to support its China bad bad! propaganda
>>
>>9182853
Also the natural security doesn't affect other countries at all
>>
>>9182824
>seething again
>>
>>9178441
What sort of Uncouth Barbarian are you if Southeast Asians are Spear Chuckers why did they have the largest Temple and City in the world before? Angkor Wat in Cambodia for example. Japan during that era was leagues behind even Cambodia.
>>
>>9168972

The average dude who “like” korea and its culture is because he watched snsd and like to eat kimbap
>>
>>9171549
can you show us those pics? seems to be interesting
>>
>>9179851
OH SHIT ERITREA DEFENDED CHINA, THE WEST IS FUCKED
>>
File: 1596329108929.jpg (2.73 MB, 2000x3000)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>
>>9182809
you're unironically seething if you don't think a pack of african countries (in which china is heavily investing) is irrelevant
I'll give you Saudi Arabia but just like Egypt, it is an authoritarian shithole
>>
File: Ooops.jpg (80 KB, 1040x584)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>9183189
Compare pic related (applied make-up to look better) with >>9171405 and it's prety obvious who's ahead in the looks department.
>>
>>9183703
you're unironically seething if you don't think a pack of western countries and (in which America is has military bases and will sanctionto death) is irelevant
I'll give you Japan but just like Australia, it's a US lap dog
>>
>>9183768
>I'll give you Japan but just like Australia, it's a US lap dog
wow our own lapdog caused all our appliance and auto companies to fuckig die such good dogs
>>
>>9183777
>and auto companies to fuckig die such good dogs
You must not know what the US did to Japan when it was getting too powerful in the 80s
>>
>>9183783
yea thts why our streets are flooded with their cars and our homes with their appliances and electronics
>>
File: 15783939.jpg (128 KB, 723x909)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>9183783
That’s a good thing, Chang
>>
>>9183800
>
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1987/04/18/sanctions-imposed-on-japan/f0daac66-74fe-4f5c-96ce-3aa08898b4bd/
Modern day Japan isn't a threat to the US anymore
Just think about it, Japan used to be what China is today
Everything was made in Japan and they grew to he fucking huge, only to be shot down by the US
Same thing is happening with China right now
>>
>>9182887
I know right?

Japan didn't have its Iron Age until the 3rd century BC and that was because of Chinese and Korean immigrants. They were backward island dwarves that lucked out due to geography. It's like they were a civilization in Age of Empires II that nobody bothers to attack and in the meantime they barely progress as time goes on.

Nothing in Japan can compare to Angkor Wat of the Khmer Empire. Or the Javanese relief of Borobudur. And the Ananda temple of Pagan.

If the Japanese developed their own vast stone temples independently ala like what the Incans, Mayans, and Aztecs did without little to no Chinese/Korean influence, I could give them props. But their whole culture is basically copy-pasting their 2 more civilized neighbors. There's even traces of Indian, Persian, Greek, SE Asian, and Near Eastern stuff during the Heian period in their instruments, textiles, metalwork, etc. Most likely from trade with T'ang China which was at the height of its cosmopolitan atmosphere and cribbed everything they saw and imported.

You take away Chinese/Korean influence, the Japanese would just be a primitive group of manlets living in bamboo huts and fighting each other in tribal warfare.
>>
>>9183826
Yeah I was young enough to remember in the late 80's that anybody caught driving a Japanese car would have rocks thrown at it. Corporate Japan was seen as a boogeyman by the US, hence why you had all those 80's movies depicting Japan ruling the world.

Thankfully the Japanese economy got short-circuited by the Plaza Accords and the bubble bursting so they lost their bid for supremacy. Too bad we can't do that to the ChiComs yet.
>>
>>9182925
I've never met a dude who was into Korean culture barring some film buffs in college. I do admit South Korea makes some decent films, but their TV shows are a fucking joke.

It's usually young girls (especially attractive ones) that seem to like K-Pop and elements of Korean culture though they're not much. Meanwhile Japanese culture are usually fetishized by incels, fat girls, and other social outliers.
>>
>>9183777
Building up the Japanese economy was a mistake. We wanted to prop them up as a capitalist bastion against Red China and the Soviets. We let them get rich off us too easily.
>>
>>9183826
>only to be shot down by the US
They watched all US maneuvers before 10's and take note from it, made several contingency plan to counter US maneuvers. Yet they are still fragile.
>>9183910
Chinks are too lucky. US had several opportunities to crush China and misses it.
Biggest blunder is Trump cancelling TPP while it is the most ready plan to contain Chinese main influence. Trump's Isolationist policy is also one big golden opportunity for Chinks to exploit the power vacuum left by US
>>9184026
Should hold'em tightly. Freeing Japs from their shackles and they will be hard to control.
>>
>>9184026
do u want a commie japan instead
>>
>>9183930
watch kingdom
>>
>>9184105
Nah a Japan that's our economic vassal. They got really uppity once they became rich. They should never have developed into a First World nation.
>>
>>9184125
they would be poor and want communism then
>>
>>9184092
Corona pandemic did even more damage to Chink’s international reputation compare to TPP or anything.
>>
>>9184092
>Chinks are too lucky
More like the Chinese are too competent and had smart leaders while the US continued to elect retarded leaders
>>
>>9184296
the west was retarded in thinking tht a rich china would democratize. instead we created our own executioner
>>
File: 1595812404933.jpg (23 KB, 720x448)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>9168858
does anybody have that pic of the jap schoolgirl with the super thick thighs?
>>
File: oiran-outside-l11.jpg (868 KB, 600x900)
868 KB
868 KB JPG
>>9172738
Something about hanboks looks funny to me. I think it's the really long skirts. It looks like it's more for dancing than traditional garb. They do look cute though. Especially with the right color scheme.
>>
File: Warwagon.gif (46 KB, 136x114)
46 KB
46 KB GIF
The only Koreans I tolerate are these.
>>
>>9184619
Never cared for hanboks or kimonos. Ottoman caftans or Indian achkans look more interesting for men while the qipong and sari look amazing on women.
>>
>>9184651
The Koreans had some nifty gunpowder weapons. Imagine if someone had taken the hwacha and utilized Congreve or Hale rockets during the Napoleonic Wars?
>>
>>9170451
Now compare it to Hollywood
>>
>>9171639
So no source
>>
>>9176449
thats thai
>>
>>9178466
Those massive armies were largely untrained peasants taken off the farms literally peasant levies
>>
>>9184875
Not the anon you're responding to, but Hollywood ain't looking so good for the next couple of years. I don't think manga/anime (which is shit) is all that big, but it MIGHT be a bit bigger in market share compared to DC & Marvel. Manga is even starting to outsell the Big 2 in the US.
>>
>>9184651
That's a Chinese, Han dynasty carriage.

>>9184760
Fire Arrows are cool and the shock value is there, but Ming still dropped them for cannons and muskets when they got those.
Koreans never actually used them in any great capacity, but had them in their arsenal during the Japanese invasion which lent the whole idea much more widespread recognition than it deserves. Keep in mind that Japanese absolutely and utterly decimated the Korean troops both times. The Hwachas were practically useless, Japanese noted the cannons used by the Ming-Joseon forces as the real thing to be scared of since they were decently mobile, precise and could fight at ranges impossible for any bow or arquebus.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgRVL0PbC20&feature=youtu.be&list=PLinO3Bage4cmOzEnB1tYxnw1ycHUqJrZU&t=1262
>>
>>9184951
now you're just straight up talking out of your ass bro manga was always bigger in Japan alone than comics were ever in the states France has a bigger comics industry and consumption rate not to mention Marvel and DC are making movie through largely non comic means like massive movie franchises T.V. shows etc the largest media franchises ever were marvel and starwars through just merchandise alone
>>
>>9184916
It was largely the same with Japanese armies before they equipped themselves with guns.

Asian cultures have always produced their share of fearsome warriors, but it was a contest between champions or personal honor. Warriors counted their martial prowess and valor by feats of glory and/or by how many trophies they brought back like live captives to sell/sacrifice/torture or their heads. None of them were likely to win recognition for rescuing a comrade in danger. As courageous as they were, no Japanese warrior would've been able to endure and triumph have stayed at Platea, Thermopylae, Gaugamela, or Metaurus. The only reason why Japan was finally able to end their 150+ years of civil war was because they learned how to use the weapons and tactical application of Europeans.
>>
>>9184979
Well obviously manga is big in its country of origin. I just stated that I don't think manga/anime is this huge industry that >>9170451 professes. I mean, like you said, DC and Marvel are making massive inroads in the mainstream with their movies. 10 years ago, if you told me a talking raccoon and a walking tree had more exposure than Superman, I would've laughed.
>>
>>9184985
That's... absolute and utter horseshit.
Ashigaru aren't peasant levies. They're lifelong soldiers, it's just the status is non-hereditary. You get a weapon and armor when you are deemed an adult by your local community and it's up to you to make more money for better protection or even gain higher status. Except your son isn't gonna be one and neither was your father, so you're on your own.

And saying that all of Asia is incapable of heroic last stands, fights against bad odds, soldier camraderie and shit like that is just plain and utter bullshit.
>>
>>9168858
Why can't anglos have a culture at all?
>>
>>9185149
You kidding me? You're on an English-speaking board. English is one of the universal languages. England and its offshoots like Canada, Australia, New Zealand and its breakaway colony-turned-superpower the US dominate the military, economic, and geopolitical spheres combined. There's a reason why the Five Eyes exist.

Anglo/Anglo-American culture is popularized everywhere and Asian/African/Latin American women eagerly flock to Anglo/American/Canadian/Aussie/Kiwi men because they live in wealthy powerful nations with just laws and freedoms that their home countries could only dream of.
>>
>>9185163
>There's a reason why the Five Eyes exist.
Because China threatens the US mere existence
>>
File: Chinese.png (59 KB, 624x434)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>9168858
>The culture of Japan has changed greatly over the millennia, from the country's prehistoric Jōmon Period, to its contemporary modern culture, which absorbs influences from Asia, Europe, and North America.[1] Strong 9,000 year old ancient Han Chinese cultural influences, including the 8,000 year old ancient Han Chinese writing script,[2] are still evident in traditional Japanese culture as China had historically been a global superpower, which has resulted in Japan absorbing many elements of ancient Han Chinese culture first through what as then the Imperial Chinese tributary vassal state of Korea, then later through direct cultural exchanges during China's Sui and Tang dynasties. The inhabitants of Japan experienced a long period of relative isolation from the outside world during the Tokugawa shogunate after Japanese missions to Imperial China, until the arrival of the "Black Ships" and the Meiji period.

>Japanese is written with a combination of three scripts: hiragana and katakana were derived from the Chinese man'yōgana of the 5th century. Hiragana and katakana were first simplified from Kanji
>Kanji are Chinese characters that were imported from China, because Japan didn't have a writing system until it was introduced around 50 AD

>The Latin alphabet, rōmaji, is also often used in modern Japanese, especially for company names and logos, advertising, and when inputting Japanese into a computer. The Hindu-Arabic numerals are generally used for numbers

>Buddhism developed in India around the 6th and 4th centuries BCE and eventually spread through China and Korea. It arrived in Japan during the 6th century CE

>the early modern thought of Japan was mainly Confucianism or Neo-Confucianism, which was designated for official study by the Tokugawa shogunate
>Confucianism is a system of thought and behavior originating in ancient China

>Taoism is believed to be the inspiration for spiritual concepts in Japanese culture
>>
File: Japan.png (35 KB, 300x199)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>9185333
>Japanese calendar types have included a range of official and unofficial systems. At present, Japan uses the Gregorian calendar

>Early works of Japanese literature were heavily influenced by cultural contact with China and Chinese literature, often written in Classical Chinese.

>The Meiji period marks the re-opening of Japan to the West, ending over two centuries of period of national seclusion, and a period of rapid industrialization. The introduction of European literature brought free verse into the poetic repertoire. It became widely used for longer works embodying new intellectual themes

>Early Japanese calligraphy was originated from Chinese calligraphy

>Painting has been an art in Japan for a very long time. Chinese papermaking was introduced to Japan around the 7th century

>During the Meiji period, Japan underwent a tremendous political and social change in the course of the Europeanization and modernization campaign organized by the Meiji government. Western-style painting (yōga) was officially promoted by the government, who sent promising young artists abroad for studies, and who hired foreign artists to come to Japan to establish an art curriculum at Japanese schools

>Japanese architecture has a long history as any other aspect of Japanese culture. Originally it was heavily influenced by Chinese architecture

>Towards the end of the Tokugawa shogunate, Western influence in architecture began to show

>The sculpture of Japan started from the clay figure. Japanese sculpture received the influence of the Silk Road culture in the 5th century, and received a strong influence from Chinese sculpture afterwards. The influence of the Western world was received since the Meiji era

>The earliest kimonos were heavily influenced by traditional Han Chinese clothing, known today as hanfu (漢服, kanfuku in Japanese), through Japanese embassies to China which resulted in extensive Chinese culture adoptions by Japan, as early as the 5th century AD
>>
File: Thieves.jpg (450 KB, 600x4300)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>>9185340
>The idea of these unique gardens began during the Asuka period. Japanese merchants witnessed the gardens that were being built in China and brought many of the Chinese gardening techniques and styles back to Japan
>The Chinese garden had a very strong influence on early Japanese gardens. In or around 552, Buddhism was officially installed from China, via Korea, into Japan. Between 600 and 612, the Japanese Emperor sent four legations to the Court of the Chinese Sui Dynasty. Between 630 and 838, the Japanese court sent fifteen more legations to the court of the Tang Dynasty. These legations, with more than five hundred members each, included diplomats, scholars, students, Buddhist monks, and translators. They brought back Chinese writing, art objects, and detailed descriptions of Chinese gardens.

>There are two forms of music recognized to be the oldest forms of traditional Japanese music. They are shōmyō (声明 or 聲明), or Buddhist chanting, and gagaku (雅楽),
>Gagaku, the oldest form of classical music in Japan, was introduced into Japan with Buddhism from China. In 589, Japanese official diplomatic delegations were sent to China (during the Sui dynasty) to learn Chinese culture, including Chinese court music
>the Meiji Restoration introduced Western musical instruction

>Japanese animation began in the early 20th century, when Japanese filmmakers experimented with the animation techniques pioneered in France, Germany, the United States and Russia
>The success of The Walt Disney Company's 1937 feature film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs profoundly influenced many Japanese animators

>Historically influenced by Chinese cuisine, Japanese cuisine has opened up to influence from Western cuisines in the modern era. Dishes inspired by foreign food—in particular Chinese food—like ramen and gyōza, as well as foods like spaghetti, curry, and hamburgers have become adopted
>>
>In Japan, the Netherlands continued to play a key role in transmitting Western know-how to the Japanese from the 17th century to the mid-19th century, as the Japanese had opened their doors only to Dutch merchants before US Navy Commodore Matthew Perry's visit in 1852. After Commodore Perry's visit, Japan began to deliberately accept Western culture to the point of hiring Westerners to teach Western customs and traditions to the Japanese starting in the Meiji era. Many Japanese politicians have since also encouraged the Westernization of Japan using the term Datsu-A Ron, which means the argument for "leaving Asia" or "Good-bye Asia". In Datsu-A Ron, "Westernization" was described as an "unavoidable" but "fruitful" change. After Japan's surrender to the United States and its allies ended World War II, the Westernization process of Japanese culture was further intensified and today, Japan is notably among the most Westernized countries in Asia.

>The Constitution of the Empire of Japan, known informally as the Meiji Constitution, was the constitution of the Empire of Japan which was proclaimed on February 11, 1889, and remained in force between November 29, 1890 and May 2, 1947.[1] it provided for a form of mixed constitutional and absolute monarchy, based jointly on the Prussian and British models.[2]

>The Constitution of Japan is the fundamental law of Japan. It was enacted on 3 May 1947, as a new constitution for a post-war Japan.
>The Constitution was mostly drafted by American authors.[3]
>>
>>9185368
>In 1946, at the request of the GHQ, the Shōwa Emperor (Hirohito) proclaimed in the Humanity Declaration that he had never been an akitsumikami (現御神), divinity in human form, and claimed his relation to the people did not rely on such a mythological idea but on a historically developed family-like reliance.
>Since the enactment of the 1947 constitution, the role of emperor has been relegated to a ceremonial head of state without even nominal political powers

>Japan experienced dramatic political and social transformation under the Allied occupation in 1945–1952. US General Douglas MacArthur, the Supreme Commander of Allied Powers, served as Japan's de facto leader and played a central role in implementing reforms
>So great was his influence in Japan that he has been dubbed the Gaijin Shōgun
>>
>>9185333
>>9185340
>>9185347
>>9185368
>>9185375
Seeing how Japanese culture is always in flux from adapting Chinese to Dutch to American traits, what will they evolve from next? Islamic elements?
>>
>>9185333
>>9185340
>>9185347
>>9185368
>>9185375
""""""""""""Japanese"""""""""""" culture
>>
>>9185388
Well they're currently still stealing western culture. Hopefully they dodge the whole modern feminsim thing

>>9185419
>China invent culture
>Japan steal China culture and add it to existing culture
>China destroy culture
>Modern Japan has China + Japan Culture
>Modern China has no culture.
RIP
>>
File: 1588494025.jpg (514 KB, 948x1409)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
Heh....how pathetic for chinks to shill for their anthill in a Japan thread cause no one gives a shit about those bugmen?
>>
>>9184303
>the west was retarded in thinking tht a rich china would democratize. instead we created our own executioner
no the globalist bankers managing the plan knew what they were doing
>>
>>9168858
you wouldn't care about japan if they didn't make your tranny cartoons.
>>
>>9186784
how old is this girl anon?
>>
>>9186869
She is 15
>>
>>9186920
too old bro...
>>
>>9186606
>China destroy culture
>Modern China has no culture
Both of these are wrong
>>
>>9174942
Wrong. Kraut steel was overrated and auto industry of Germany didnt even fucking exist until 1970s.
>>
>>9178533
Wrong, you dumb fucktard. Japs had shit tier navy, and pathetic army that fucking lost in korea you stupid fuck.
>>
>>9168858
i just wish they became islamic countries
>>
>>9172007
>caused Japan to develop a unique culture
Just stop. Japan had loads of Chinese influences.
>>
>>9170451
From my experiances travelling there for two months I have to say most of the women are surprisingly unattractive. At least for a western ‚palette’. Sorry.
>>9168936
We‘re on a history board. Can‘t we just agree that both east and south east asia are interesing in their own right?
>>
>>9171003
Oh god. How horrible.
She had a very special kind of beauty before. Quiet rugged, bred by harsh Siberian winters. What a shame.
>>
>>9176029
Good for them I guess, wasn‘t it?
A bit humiliating but better than being invaded again

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.