[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why are black american churches so passionate? Gospel is amazing
>>
File: Monk Wojak.png (187 KB, 1000x1091)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
Banal pathos is not "passionate." This is now a Gregorian Chant thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBwh1OXw6uI&t=53sv
>>
Best music coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzJw1oDEwnU
>>
>>8965620
God is love and joy. Not soulless droning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-IgTEetLkA
>>
>his church has music
>his christianity has a denomination
>his pastor isn't some random guy who works a 9-5 on weekdays
So much idolatry
>>
>>8965648
>>8965620
If it was better, it wouldn't be niche. Black American Gospel music is a fully-established genre that's seen critical and commercial success.
>>
This is now a Sacred Harp thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOQYfrAHrm0
>>
>>8965664
that's really nice, got any more?
>>
>>8965664
screeching like a monkey is soulless. You are just unable to sit still and appreciate divine simplicity since you have no attention span.
>>
>>8965629
Armpit musty, reeboks dusty my friend.
>>
>>8965674
NAYRT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzrdPwijinE
>>8965680
>Speak rhythmically
>Screeching like a monkey
Cope harder.
>>
>>8965664
sounds like it's produced by a jew. How anyone can find God in this is beyond me.
>>
>>8965666
>devil's trips
anon...
>>
>>8965690
Is this a tradcath LARPer?
>>
Black people latch onto Christianity because it tells them they're equal, honestly if this was more common the US would be a better place.
>>
>>8965689
>>8965690
Banal Pathos 101. It's "feel good" despite having no substance. For npc and normies, they like it. For more cerebral thinkers with better taste, it's crass
>>
>>8965699
Anon, this thread doesn't need a pseudo-intellectual hipster.
>>
>>8965706
pseudo-intellectual = thinking black music is good.
>>
>>8965713
Uh huh. I bet you exclusively listen to non-black genres.
>>
File: c r i n g e.jpg (16 KB, 600x315)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>8965689
>that first 20 seconds
When I called it "screeching monkey music" I was being provocative. this really IS screeching monkey music, wth dude lol
>>
Why are Catholics so racist?
>>
>>8965736
Because our minds are enlightened.
>>
>>8965732
Anon, he has an accent. Piss off.
>>8965736
Catholicism is what happens when whites try to make the entire faith Eurocentric. They can't get over themselves. They really can't. Don't hold it against them.
>>
>>8965743
>Catholicism is what happens when whites try to make the entire faith Eurocentric.
outed yourself as a fake-christian Afrocentric LARPER. the Holy Spirit allows me to detect people like you.
>>
Holy fuck, is Catholicism seriously as depressing as this thread makes it seem? I just thought that was a meme
>>
>>8965674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkjUzg4amYY

>>8965680
Not sure how rhythmic call and response music is screeching but OK.
>>8965690
...WTF?
>>8965699
>Partaking in the spirit of God is bad

Everybody spot the pseud

Christ told parables about your type
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5fXhoxJqQQ
>>
>>8965736
How? I’ve met more protestant racists than Catholics. My parish has latinos, irish, italians, filipinos, and haitians.
>>
>>8965756
The serious answer is that almost all Christianity, in fact all religion, on 4chan, is an abysmal shitshow. People still act like 4channers and give the worst possible demonstration of their faith possible. Every so often you meet people who actually seem to try to be polite and good examples of their religion (I can count two that I've seen total that I remember but there's probably a few more than that). Almost every thread goes similarly too.
It's fucking depressing, but thankfully I think a lot of it is LARP and children not knowing how to behave when it might actually benefit them.
Talk to people IRL and actually go to a church to get a better idea of things.
>>
For me it's Bluegrass gospel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whoKciwOML0
>>
>>8965756
Movement and loudness /=/ passionate. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>8965830
>Movement and loudness /=/ passionate
Neither does dull and monotone
>>
>>8965836
objectively speaking, the link was neither dull nor monotone.
>>
>>8965838
That is subjective. Cope harder.
>>
>>8965845
>That is subjective.
it's not.
>dull
It's a very rich sound
>monotone
It's not, it has vocal range.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
>>
>>8965836
Just give it a second. He'll start glorifying songs where they just say the same two words for the entire thing.

>Ky-hi-hi-hi-HI-hyeeee-rEEEEEEEEh Alalalalalalaissooooooooooooooon!
>>
>>8965850
I FEEL DA LAWWWD OH LAWWDY LAWD LAWD . I FEELIN ALRIGHT, GONNA DANCE IN DA CLUB WIT DA LAWDDDDDD. AYOOOOO
>>
>>8965861
Haha. I love Novus Ordo mass too!
>>
>>8965861
Laugh it up, friend. "Lawdy lawd lawd" made the major genres of today.
>>
>>8965850
OHHHHHHH H *voice cracks* VICTORY IZ MIEZ OHHH GONNA VICTORY ALL OVER DIS FRIED CHICKEN LAWDY LAWD LAWD
>>
File: 1592687034574.jpg (77 KB, 848x800)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Catholics so fucking salty itt holy shit lmao
Imagine being racist but also LARPing as a Christian
>>
>>8965861
>Christos...luminus...gracias...ave...christos...pro homo...maria
>>
>>8965782
Catholics are by far much more racist just see the trads/sedevacantists in Europe
>>
>>8965884
actually beautiful. Praises God instead of the ego. Like worship music should actually do.
>>8965876
OHHHH I FEELZ DA LAWD
*get dat lawd nigga
FEELZ DA LAWD
*get dat lawd nigga*
HANDS UP, DON'T SHOOT
>>
>>8965888
That's in fucking Europe. People are more racist in Europe in general. Why do you think people have caricatures of various European nations that they follow over there as if it's proven fact?
>>
>>8965876
To be fair, this is 4chan(nel), I don't expect anyone here to even be a Christian. It's just a good place to shitpost and relax.
>>
>>8965888
You mean 1% of 1% of Catholics?
>>
>>8965782
>latinos, irish, italians, filipinos, and haitians.
>implying these aren't racist as hell
Catholics have a wide tent of worshippers who are happy with their own people and love others who are on their own fence. It's part of how Catholics brought pagan practices into their fold with a Jesus makeover. Protestants are anti-racists who clearly want to break down barriers completely and erase all traces of backwards culture
>>
>>8965891
>Testifying for our lord and savior is egotistical

Here’s some pain medicine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TviI6bhwRM8
>>
>>8965967
>backwards culture
are you anti-culture?
>>
>>8965973
it clearly is when the subject is all about "victory is mine"
>>
>>8965967
Now THIS is Protestant-turned-Fedora-turned-Nazi-turned-Internet Catholic LARPing
>>
>>8965973
It doesn't sound good to me. It sounds like something on radio. Maybe this is because, as people itt pointed out, this type of sound has been commodified for the past-100 years into low-brow/vulgar American pop-culture music. I also hate the low-pitch of negro voice but they can't help that.
>>
>>8965984
You mean describing how God gives us victory through Jesus Christ and crushing Satan underfoot as it says in the scripture
>>
>>8965994
Fair enough. It’s been proven that people associate music with positive or intense memories. You dislike black people so naturally you view gospel in a negative light.
>>
>>8965994
>I also hate the low-pitch of negro voice but they can't help that.
Real question: How are people of the other races not bothered by the lighter voice tones of their men? Like, aren't deeper voices universally recognized as more masculine?
>>
>>8966009
It’s a pretty new phenomenon thanks to feminism and pop culture. Guys used to get mocked for speaking in girly pitches but now everyone and their mother in the West speaks like a teenage girl. Yanks are especially terrible with it. Nasally as fuck.
>>
>>8965673
https://youtu.be/HKkPObsteSM
Here’s some black Sacred Harp from the 20s. It’s a smaller group than most recordings, with kind of a proto doowop sound.
>>
>>8965670
I went to one black church worship and bought a BAA hymnal CD right after. Incredible music
>>
>>8966026
>>8966009
it's the opposite. Negrofication via Americanizatioon has led to an increase of interest in baritone. European Operatic Traditional usually reserved the role of hero to a high-pitch, which was seen as virtuous.
>>
File: 1593537554936.jpg (11 KB, 287x295)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>8965697
>some people go to hell
>some people go to heaven
>everyone's equal though
Anon, Christianity is not at all egalitarian. Not even a little bit. The Bible is constantly reinforcing the idea that people are not equal, and it very rarely tries to equalize them.
>>
Southern low church Christianity is a fusion of black and white cultures and emphasizes emotion, music and the Word. It’s at the root of most popular music in America.
>>
>>8966036
Aww fuck. Not you again. Opera was pop music for posh western european cunts from only the late 16th century onwards.

The typical hero in modern Hollywood flicks is a neutered basedboy but we certainly wouldn’t respect a real man who speaks that way.
>>
>>8965605
Second most uncomfortable place on earth after a Mexican grocery store.
>>
>>8966040
It doesn't say that people are inherently less for their race or sex though, which is what makes it egalitarian, not everyone goes to Hell or everyone goes to Heaven
>>
>>8966063
>The typical hero in modern Hollywood flicks is a neutered basedboy but we certainly wouldn’t respect a real man who speaks that way.
The typical Hollywood Hero is a roided hunk who is either fits the archetype of "tall, dark, and handsome" or blond ubermensh jock. I understand there's a push for lesbians or whatever but where does this idea come form the hollywood is casting a bunch of nerds to play key roles?
>>
>>8965876
The Catholic LARPers in this website are the worst
I hate smug ass atheist types, but these faux "believers" who only care about the superficial aesthetics and nationalist connections of the Church are disgusting. They merely adopt the ideology because its "traditional" and "anti Marxist", but they are blatantly not true believers.
>>
>>8965891
>Don’t get excited about god
>Don’t make Christianity seem good to outsiders they should think you are boring and depressed
>>
>>8966095
Proper Mass evokes 3 feelings: Joy, Sorrow and Glory. This is exciting in itself, really. I don't have squirm like a 5 year old on a sugar rush to get excited
>Don’t make Christianity seem good to outsiders they should think you are boring and depressed
I see inherent goodness in beauty, not in hootin and howling.
>>
File: 4545.jpg (75 KB, 600x1085)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>8966077
Egalitarianism is the political belief that everyone should be treated the same socially, and that they should have the same rights. The Bible teaches against this specifically. For example, if the Bible was egalitarian, it wouldn't say that women should shut up when they are in the church (1 Corinthians 14:34), but that they should speak as do men. Or even, that they should preach. It says specifically the opposite.
>>
Cultural difference. Roman religions were more solemn and sophisticated while Africans had energetic tribal shaminist dances
>>
>>8966115
>I’m excited
>No I don’t clap or cheer I just calmly continue watching or listening to what is making me excited
Unironically autistic
>>
>>8965967
>Protestants are anti-racists who clearly want to break down barriers completely and erase all traces of backwards culture
More like erase the traces of all humanity. Protestanism was a mistake.
>>
I prefer ROMAN CATHOLIC music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1eWYYzMBHk
>>
>>8966117
Sure, but that's inside the church, that doesn't state that women are legitimately inferior, just that there are different roles--I suppose egalitarian may be a stretch but it doesn't say that one is superior to the other
>>
>>8966122
>while Africans had energetic tribal shaminist dances
Greeks confirmed BLACK KANZS
>>
>>8966138
Yes. Eradicating head-hunting or cannibalism was a mistake.
>>
>>8966145
Just because women should stay silent in the church, that does not at all imply that they are inferior to men. But yes, it does pretty assuredly assert that men and women should take different roles. That is the opposite of egalitarianism, which would assert that men and women should be interchangeable in all ways socially.
>>
>>8966133
Catholic Mass has many genuflections.
>>
>>8966139
Roman Catholic music is so much better!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrM2Lzf8FLQ
>>
>>8966156
Fair, though honestly the other guy (and thus the main point) was about race, my b on the sex part, as I don't see how separate but equal isn't still equal
>>
>>8966086
How’s 1987 treating you?
>>
>>8966115
Autism. Jesus triumphed over death. God has already won from the very beginning. There is nothing to feel sorrow about.
>>
>>8966163
>>8966139
I wonder if watching these allows blacks see how I perceive their "gospel" music why it doesn't seem reverent nor personally endear me.
>>8966176
The last time bothered with hollywood was the avengers saga but wouldn't you say most of heroes were like that?
>>8966186
Sorrow because his heart is crucified anew every time we sin.
>>
>>8966156
Women are literally inferior to men physically, mentally, and emotionally. The Bible says men are their masters and they’re not allowed to preach.
>>
>>8966195
>Sorrow because his heart is crucified anew every time we sin.

LARP. All of our good works and bad works are rags before him. God doesn’t need us for anything. We need him.
>>
>>8966170
Equal means the same. Anything that isn't the same can't be equal by definition. Besides, it's not just that men and women are "separate". It's that not even men are equal to other men, so it is impossible for men and women to be the same even more so.
>>
>>8966204
>All of our good works and bad works are rags before him.
Since he carried all of our sins during his passion, it really is the case that we crucify him anew when we sin. espcially when you consider that he died for us, yet we still reject him WITH our sins.
>>
>>8966122
>Roman religions were more solemn and sophisticated
Dude, weren't they the ones with the orgies and drunk riots? I remember some "Pan" deity they worshiped that was basically a futanari anthro goat. Every year, the people would bang everything in sight.
>while Africans had energetic tribal shaminist dances
For communities. That says nothing about the secret societies, the cults, the reincarnation system, the idea of a family spirit, the various idols, etc.
>>8966195
>why it doesn't seem reverent nor personally endear me.
We're adopted children of God. They have the right attitude.
>>
File: 1564344695882.jpg (38 KB, 506x675)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>8966201
Maybe that is true. Actually, I believe that that is true. They are more like children than adults when you compare them to men. Although I would still assert that essentially, as in, by inception, they are equal. Like I don't believe that a woman's soul, or essence is worth less than that of a man's or that God likes men more than women, anything like that.
But yeah, otherwise I agree.
>>
>>8966219
Christ wiped the entire slate clean. He was conquered Hades. It is merely our job to accept that and sin no more. He has already paid for everything.
>>
>>8965605
Gospel sucks ass. Probably the worst thing to come out of black culture
https://youtu.be/ELVIEgBtMVc
>>
>>8966222
Roman Religion was pretty much everything you listed. There was drunken revels and also
>secret societies
I'm not aware of any
>the cults,
Mystery cults like Orphics, Mithra, isis,
>the reincarnation system,
See Pythagorianism
>the idea of a family spirit,
The Genius Loci
>the various idols
All the statues.

Meanwhile african religion is shamanstic rain dances and witchcraft.
>>
>>8966262
every time he loses a soul to Hell, that is a burden on his cross.
>>
>>8966222
Always irks me when people don’t bother to do more than literal surface level assessments of entire continents religions. People assuming African religions are just dancing and drumming because it’s the most obvious and public manifestation of traditional belief. Like pouring liquid for the ancestors or carrying magic charms.

African traditional religions are overwhelmingly concerned with the secret cults and practices that only initiates may learn. It has taken western anthropologists decades to build up enough trust before african practitioners will let them in on the deeper beliefs like reincarnation and the nature of man’s destiny.
>>
>>8966284
>you must rape an albino child only then will you grasp the sandals of truth!
>>
>>8966284
>t has taken western anthropologists decades to build up enough trust before african practitioners will let them in on the deeper beliefs like reincarnation and the nature of man’s destiny.
I think a lot of this is due to them getting other religious ideas from around the world. Which is fine, don't get me wrong. But I don't think Africans believed in those things 100 years ago. Instead, consider that their has been a lot of cultural exchange between Africa and world, including religiosu exchange, and they synthesized some concepts with their folk practices.
>>
>>8966301
Thanks for the non-sequitor.
>>8966306
We did and still do. The immanent religion is subject to popular culture and changes. The transcendent religion is the holiest of holy. You basically spend a lifetime uncovering the mystery of creation as you change in grade.
>>
>>8966273
>Meanwhile african religion is shamanstic rain dances and witchcraft.
Anon, I was listing common elements of African religions.
>>8966306
>But I don't think Africans believed in those things 100 years ago.
Depends on the belief. Syncretism isn't necessarily taboo across the continent, but it's a bit of a jump to assume the beliefs simply weren't there at all.
>>
>>8966266
Keep posting garbage. Not going to prove anything.
>>
>>8966040
"For there is neither Jew nor Greek, bond nor free, man nor woman: ye are ALL one in Christ Jesus. The one who embraces the Christ, HE is of Abraham's seed, and heir to the promise."
Christianity is egalitarian and universalist; it just isn't morally nihilist.
>>
>>8965666
Anon...
>>
>>8966215
If you're autistic enough that you can't understand that there are nuances to the use of the word "equal" besides "precisely identical in every way", you shouldn't be allowed in public or on the internet.
>>
>>8966145
>>8966655

Christianity is complementarian Man and women are both equal in terms of their human dignity, but they have different and equally important roles in society at large. I think that's the word you are looking for. And no it isn't very universalist. Even Jesus said that there will be some people that go to Hell and the path to Heaven is hard to go through. Although, in terms of Christ offering his salvation, it is universalist, yes.
>>
Black people are among the nicest you'll ever meet. They're not arrogant and hysterical like whites are. They don't calculate everything they say to you in an attempt to somehow place themselves above you, they don't care about showing the world how virtuous or superior they are, they simply live.
>>
>>8965866
Which suck, yes.
>>
>>8966733
Oh, grow up.
>>
As if you didn't need any more proof about how socially malajusted tradcath zoomers are, just look at this thread. Soulless husks deprived of any joy by online shitposting and insincere moral posturing. The first ones to promote Christianity for its role in bringing together communities, but the last to actually participate in them.
>>
>>8965664
that music is for eating deep fried bullshit at county fairs. not contemplating god.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZriekmIn0E
>>
>>8966751
How old are you big man?
>>
>>8965620
its literally all passion and only passion
>>
>>8965629
they mostly just think you're a cornball my white friend
>>
>>8965664
I think modern gospel and gregorian chant are both good but love and joy is not passion or an excess of sensual feeling. God isn't Meth
>>
>>8965666
America was a mistake
>>
>>8965605
They have soul
>>
>>8965605
>>8965620
> gospel vs gregorian chant
this perfectly shows all the difference. native subsaharans love to accentuate their emotions like dogs, native europeans love to accentuate their thought like gods.
>>
>>8965605
they actually believe it and aren't there because of societal expectations
>>
>>8967456
>native subsaharans love to accentuate their emotions like dogs, native europeans love to accentuate their thought like gods.
this exactly. It's said that angels communicate entirely through thought. You can imagine an angel singing Gregorian, and a demon singing like gospel.
>>
>>8967722
>>8967438
This the most pseudo intellectual coping I've ever seen
>>
>>8965605
They can't argue that their boring emotionless talentless chants are actually better musically so they have to think up a bunch of sophistry on how actually speaking from ones heart and emotions is actually demonic evil and primitive despite chanting being backwards are far more simple than gospel music
>>
>>8967900
if you think Gregorian chants are boring, you have shit taste. Nothing is more boring and dull than protestant mass including negro mass and all the uninspired hooting and howling doesn’t change it.
>>
>OH LAWDY, DIS MAKE ME WANNA SHOUT PIC MUH HANDZ UP N SHOUT PIC MUH HANDZ UP N SHOUT AYOEH
>>
>Negro music is SO EFFIN GOOD, why are blacks so good at music?
is there any greater pleb filter?
>>
>>8967456
>>8967722

'tip

Indubitably
>>
The whole appeal is that it mixes the sacred and the profane to an extreme degree. It's just as pornographic as any form of pop music, and it has the same appeal. Still can be pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>8965605
Real answer: Christianity is a religion of the oppressed, and it speaks to blacks much more than whites.
>>
>>8967900
I dont know what to tell you man I've always found gospel loud and annoying. I cant deny the influence its had on contemporary music, and the influence of black music in general, but gospel is grating to the ear.
>>
>>8967900
the gregorian chant is the first polyphonic music ever created in the history of mankind. the chinese and the indians didn't know it before we thaught them. it is classical music, extremely complex and rational.
gospel music means just 5 notes repeated over and over (and 3 harmonic loops after you learnt chords from us). gospel is pop music.
classical music and pop music are as similar to each others as a man to a baboon.
>>
>>8968008
A.) Whites are more oppressed than blacks. Whites are the ones who at this very second are having their history erased, their icons destroyed and their sacred spaces vandalized.
B.) You're premise is theologically flawed since from a Christian perspective, the whole world is oppressed by Satan and everyone needs to battle against the flesh and principalities of satan. Being "oppressed" in a Marxist sense, does make you oppressed in a Christian sense.
>>
>>8968052

> A.) Whites are more oppressed than blacks. Whites are the ones who at this very second are having their history erased, their icons destroyed and their sacred spaces vandalized.

retard
>>
>>8965664
Do black people have a monopoly on what constitutes soulful?
>yeah it got dancing and jiving so it got SOUL™. Them Gregorians, who sing gently from the heart, don't have no SOUL™ only dancing and screaming and shaking and shouting means you got SOUL™
I think this is part of the "magical negro" american archetype, maybe compared to "fuddy duddy WASP", gospel music's abandon had some "spiritual" quality but Catholic musical tradition is far more soulful.
>>
>>8968046
Gregorian chant is monophonic. When polyphony developed it was no longer Gregorian chant.
>>
>>8968052
>A.) Whites are more oppressed than blacks. Whites are the ones who at this very second are having their history erased, their icons destroyed and their sacred spaces vandalized.

Disregarded the rest of your post immediately.
>>
>>8968093
>>8968084
oh, we broke out the ad-homs and lack of arguments. blacks are mad that I broke their LARP as being oppressed.
>>
>>8968086
>Do black people have a monopoly on what constitutes soulful?
Yes. It's needed to make people think that pop music has some form of authenticity and artistic legitimacy.
>>
>>8968106
>>8968112

Gonna be honest I'm white and from the midwest and I don't feel oppressed whatsoever. If you do because of some Marxists who co-opted BLM are tearing down some statues. Then you might wanna toughen up a little bit.

Also isn't art subjective? Why wouldn't pop music have any legitimacy or authenticity?
>>
>>8968135
>I'm white and I live in one of the whitest areas in the US and I don't feel oppressed
>>
>>8968135
>I'm white and from the midwest
sure you are tyrone. I’m black from detroit and don’t feel oppressed either :,)
>>
>>8968135
>Also isn't art subjective? Why wouldn't pop music have any legitimacy or authenticity?
Experiencing art is subjective, but the art still has objective qualities. Popular art will have qualities that make it conducive to mass consumption that are antithetical to both of those.
>>
>>8968090
musica enchiriadis and scholica enchiriadis are gregorian chant. anyways, that's just a naming issue.
>>
>>8965605
It works for those who lived under the culture of that religion and blacks somehow getting “commercial success” for gospel really shows how fallen white American churches are.
https://youtu.be/fRvs8bK_TQQ
>>
>>8968263
https://youtu.be/aSsicr1_-yQ
>>
>>8968263
>>8968269
This isn't exclusive to black churches. American churches and worship are a circus
>>
>>8965605
i think dindus are more emotional than cumskins
>>
>>8968300
Agreed. If they were honest with themselves they would abandon the faith entirely and work on something different. This shouldn’t have to be a marketing scheme.
>>
>>8965605
Probably because piety in the Afro-American community often condones expressing oneself more freely. There are surely moments that warrant more organized and toned down gospel singing, but churches were historically a safe haven of positivity for them. And they are not at all unique for that in the Christian world.
>>
>>8965605
Religion and faith brought them through hard times.
>>
>>8965664
God is so much more than mere love and joy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeifvBH_cs
>>
>>8966731
Curious what ethnicity are you?
>>
>>8965690
You know what else was created by Jews? Christianity.
>>
>>8965666
M*dern trash

HAHAHAHAHAHA, every church done in a modern style should be destroyed no exceptions. They are abominations.
>>
>>8970127
Wrong.
>>
>>8965605
It's southern churches in general, not just majority black congregations
>>
>>8965697
Honestly American blacks have been moving towards Islam, they feel Christianity was forced on their ancestors by slavemasters
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (69 KB, 1280x720)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>8970187
>>
>>8965670
Yes goy, commerce is all that matters.
>>
File: 1593108498228.jpg (104 KB, 771x842)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>8966040
Christcuck cope
>>
File: Bischop_of_Faras.jpg (2.18 MB, 1050x1600)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
But there are classical apostolic forms of Christianity in Africa and practiced by black people. Most Blacks South of the U.S. border have traditionally been Catholic. Modern gospel music worship is probably a development of the Great Awakenings.
>>
>>8970301
Knew I recognized that from somewhere lmao
>>
>>8967943
rap and r&b are just objectivly better than any shit white music
>>
>>8970223
Outside of commerce, you have the fact that The Lord's stated instrument preferences conflict with Gregorian chants. There's literally no reason to hold it above anything else.
>>
>>8965620
Orthodox hymns are better than Nigger gospel music.

https://youtu.be/9sR8ezoes6E
>>
>>8965648
Here's some good Christian music and has a beautiful red haired Irish girl singing instead of some smelly Sheboons.

https://youtu.be/9ADiux2txiU
>>
>>8970635
>The Lords stated
lmfao
>>
File: 11111111.png (423 KB, 996x531)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>8965605
I will try to give you an actual response in this sea of shitposting

Live Black American gospel music evolved from "ring shouts". Ring shouts are still practiced in their purest form by the Gullah people of North Carolina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQgrIcCtys0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL0FpB26VSg (you can really feel the ecstasy in this 1934 recording)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dGamWaYcLg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRy5MoWPyS0

Ring shouts are similar to some ceremonies in African spirituality, except that the rhythms were tapped with the body since drums were forbidden from slaves in certain parts of the South, and the themes are Christian themes

Basically, there is an ecstatic element to the gospel music of Black Americans that comes from their African heritage, and that was first reflected in ring shouts in their conversion to Christianity. What you call "passionate" is ecstasy. The goal is to put people in trance, or in this context, to be "filled by the Holy Ghost"

Some Black religious authorities saw the "shout" as something that was satanic :
>Bishop Daniel Alexander Payne, of the African Methodist Episcopal Church (A.M.E.). In 1878, in Philadelphia, Payne attended a “bush meeting” of black Christians and was so disturbed at seeing them do the ring shout that he “requested the pastor to go and stop their dancing.” At the pastor’s request, “they stopped their dancing and clapping of hands, but remained singing and rocking their bodies to and fro.” The momentum of the performance continued through singing and rocking until Payne approached the leader of the shouters and “requested him to desist and to sit down and sing in a rational manner.” Payne told him that such worship was “heathenish... disgraceful to themselves, the race, and the Christian name,” at which point they broke up the ring and “walked sullenly away.”
>>
>>8970858
A description of the shout in the 50s
>The dancers form a circle in the center of the floor, one in back of another. Then they begin to shuffle in a counter-clockwise direction around and around, arms out and shoulders hunched. A fantastic rhythm is built up by the rest of the group standing back to the walls, who clap their hands and stomp on the floor... Suddenly sisters and brothers scream and spin, possessed by religious hysteria, like corn starting to pop over a hot fire... This is actually a West African circle dance.. a complicated and sacred ritual.
>>
>>8970328
What is your religion?
>>
>>8965605
All religious music is soulless unironically, gospel or not it all sounds clunky and gimmicky from buddhist east to christian west.
>>
>>8965664
This is exactly the same as those soulless droning you're complaining about.
>>
File: file.png (533 KB, 708x500)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>8970635
And what is the Lord's preferred instrument? I hope you don't think organs have anything to do with chanting.

Here is an example of some traditional Jewish chant.
https://youtu.be/RVtzfkl60Os

and Aksumite
https://youtu.be/MVHLvGk4PUM

This shows everything isn't a matter of solemn and moody Eurasians vs jovial and lively Blacks.
>>
>>8971353
>And what is the Lord's preferred instrument?
Mixed up Psalms with the verse about Incense.
>>8971353
>This shows everything isn't a matter of solemn and moody Eurasians vs jovial and lively Blacks.
Schrodinger's black man. We're talking about the descendants of West Africans here.
>>
wats jesus christ view on gun ownership?
>>
File: Cathedral Russian Icons.jpg (563 KB, 1819x918)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
>>8965666
>666
fuck off satan
>>
>>8970138
Based braindead retard
>>
>>8965884
>pro homo
uhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>8965664
droning is invoking the higher frequencies of god and the divine and heaven and whatnot. its much more resonant or some shit like that, a toddler can feel and understand it.
>>
>>8972677
based godly dubs
>>
>>8971353
>solemn and moody Eurasians
ehhh Greogrian Chants are more Zen Peace than solmn and moody.
>>
>>8965605

They've faced actual persecution and know the true joy that comes from finding refuge in the Lord, unlike their white counterparts.
>>
>>8973646
>European Catholics never faced persecution
open a history book some time.
>>
>>8973646
>>8973656
to clarify
>Early Christian Martyrs in the Roman Empire
>Pagan Raiders in the Early Middle Ages
>Muslim slavers and invaders
>Protestant genociders in every protestant state. The English assault on Catholicism in particular, during the rein of Henry VII as well as the “glorious” revolution
>Secular Revolutionaries in France and Russia
>American lynchers
White Christians have been persecuted far worse than black Christians ever were.
>>
>be LARPing tradcath on /his/
>hate black people and minorities despite the catholic church being largely made up of africans and latinos
if you want to LARP as a Christian, I don't understand why they would want to larp as the most globally non-white branch there is. Like if you're gonna larp you may as well larp as some ridiculous Russian Orthodox or some nonsense.
>>
>>8973638
>le Enigma, muh sadness
True of some compositions but I also like the reconstructed Old Roman chants which are more deeper sounding, similar perhaps to certain Orthodox melodies.

https://youtu.be/2JOShBSsql0
https://youtu.be/xFzgfCzfSQg
>>
>>8973684
America's loudness for race clouded everything in western history. WHY ISNT AMERICA SANCTIONED YET?
>>
>>8973684
That's fair but I was mentally comparing them to their white Southern evangelical brethren. Nobody thinks about Catholics in America when they think about Christianity (maybe they should, but they don't).
>>
>>8973707
Catholicism has a stronger identity and imagery, which makes it more appealing to those people looking for empowerment and belonging
>>
>>8972341
Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

He'd be cool with it.
>>
>>8973707
>if you don't like low-brow negro music, you hate black people
so i'm forced to like inferior garbage?
>>
>>8973707
You know what's funny? Africans are literally going to Europe as missionaries. I'm not shitting you :
https://qz.com/africa/1088489/africas-reverse-missionaries-are-trying-to-bring-christianity-back-to-the-united-kingdom/
>>
>>8976163
they are like Irish monks who preserved Greco-Roman text.
>>
>>8965605
>not listening to the true church
https://youtu.be/O_3_-UrhZH0
>>
religious music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knjiiq3pvws
>>
>>8967722
>>8967456
hello my fellow enlightened gentlemen
*tips fedora*
>>
what is the christian variant of sunni islam?
>>
>>8965629
Like every human being?
>>
>>8978741
Mormonism
>>
>>8966074
what's wrong with mexican grocery stores?
>>
>>
>>8978800
>>
Not really a fan of happy clappy.
>>
>>8965666
That Church is just peak America
>>
>>8965629
White people are allowed in their church anon.
>>
>>8966040
Anon, the bible teaches you to love sinners. In fact, Jesus hung out alot with drunkards
>>
>>8972538
Truth hurts.
"Jews" by definition come after Christianity.
>>
>>8965605
They love Jesus
>>
>>8976163
what a twist
>>
>>8965629
you literally sound like a paranoid Jew, pal
>>
>>8965664
is there still anything left that americans haven't yet bastardized and turned into a mockery?
>>
>>8965666
Why wouldn't your church have music? God loves music. Music and singing have been a big part of worship since the Israelites
>>
>>8965908
I am, and I read threads like this and, especially, on /pol/ with utter sadness. Too many supposed Christians boasting in themselves and not in Christ
>>
>>8965605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2CaENSapR4

Not even Muslim and their prayers and Nasheeds don't actually compare to Christian music (their theology is also gay and with no depth) but I still enjoy listening to it because they make me feel peaceful
>>
>>8972356
What church anon
>>
>>8970135
Looks like a church Darth Vader would live in. Or worship...

Lol
>>
>>8965605
Communal safe space from threat(whites).
>>
>>8983681
Not him but I'm pretty sure 90% of this board aren't practicing christians at all and this thread 99%.
>>
Afro-Americans are the definition of globo-schlomo death cultist

they got they body , mind and soul colonized by kikes so much that they un ironically worship the same kike kult which enslaved them in the first play

All AmeriKIKE Afro-Americans are nothing but golems for the schlomo

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.