[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 7654323345.jpg (25 KB, 550x357)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
bros... what could've been... i miss her...
>>
>t. (((libertador)))
you ruined us all
>>
>>13986806
It never would've worked amigo. Bolivar knew it was only a matter of time until foreign actors began to fuck with Latin America and the institutions left in place by Spain simply didn't allow for the sort of nation that became of France and the US, whose independence movements he admired.
>>
>>13986814
You're brown
>>
>>13986817
Brazil managed to do it
>>
>>13986828
Brazil was/is surrounded by enemies
>>
VGGHHHH
>>
>>13986909
Uh no
>>
File: images (9).jpg (48 KB, 720x426)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>13986909
Our hermanos ain't our enemies, gringo. Their commie governments, maybe, but not the people.
>>
>>13986909
Not really, they only had Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay as possible rivals and even then they only became enemies with Paraguay during the triple alliance war, after that nothing came close to being an enemy because nothing compared militarily to Brazil and we Latin Americans have generally pretty good relations with each other (for example Colombia literally gave you part of the Amazon basically for free, mostly because we were dealing with internal struggles though).
Meanwhile Gran Colombia had Peru as its rival (and even after GC collapsed it stayed unfriendly with Colombia and Ecuador having various wars with them until today were we are friendly) and Mexico and the USA to the north to deal with, so i wouldn't say that Brazil had it worse in any way other than being a giant country, i have no idea how they remained united though very resilient peoples.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.