[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Alaric_entering_Athens.jpg (362 KB, 800x1093)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
*loots you're favorite city-state*
>>
File: GAULED =.gif (630 KB, 951x657)
630 KB
630 KB GIF
>>13984596
GOATED thread. BarbarianChads keep winning
>>
what a fucking nigger
>>
>>13984605
>what a fucking nig-ACK!
>>
>>13984605
>Loot and pillage half of the known world
>"NOOO YOU BARBARIAN WHY ARE YOU LOOTING MY CITIES"
>>
>>13984596
>city-state
huh?
>>
this is the day europe properly was born, though, their worst mistake, i'd say, was not being harsher on the citizens of the place, sources indiaate they weren't particulary violent towards them, they shoud've made a bigger blodshed t b h.

just to make clear who's going to become a peripheral state from then and who's going to take the leadership for the next 1500 years
>>
>>13984619
If that's supposed to really be Alaric (Gallic armor and all) they were good Christian boys by then. Rapes, murders and looting was kept to a respectful minimum.
>>
>>13984619
Europe was born from the Ashes of the Western Empire with the help of Pope in Rome
>>
>>13984645
Lol no, the very moment europe starts is when rome falls. Prior to that you have a bunch of middle easterners genociding each other here and there but nothing of interest for europe besides jews maybe. The rest is a footnote
>>
>>13984596
I kneel, chad
>>
>>13984649
Piss off ethnonarcissist fag.
>>
>>13984596
>>13984600
Iron age french = meds both genetically (north spaniard) and geographically
>>
>>13986124
Kek no, meds are full of MENA dna
>>
>>13986124
Actually the opposite, spaniards are French on nafri reconquista rapemongrels, they are old world mutts
>>
>>13984596
By 410 the visigoths were already mixed with meds and crimeans, no longer being pure germanics, one visigothic king, Ervig, was suppousedly related to persian. Ostrogoths are the real pure goths. The Frankish table of peoples (Volkertafel) classifiied the Visigoths separated from the other Goths as "Wala-Goths2" meaning "outsider goths".

>>13986200
>no meds are brown like me
spare me this bs from ruining anothe thread please
>>
>>13984596
It's funny rather ironc when you start considering how romaniced most barbarians invaders where and how most of their descendants spend the next centuries either larping as meds or previously med-larping romaniced barbarian invaders
>>
>>13984613
the pic is of a gothic raid on athens,
>>
>>13987466
Yes but german larp of med civ is of the civ part and not the med part. Nothing inherently med was being larped, only civilizational larp, appropriating things found for example in china as well.
>>
>>13984628
What about the Vandals? where they good christians?
>>
>>13987505
Athens wasn't a city state at that point, though
>>
>>13987611
Pressing x to doubt
>>
>>13987466
What's ironic about it? The barbarians had a culture of raiding, when you raid someone you kill them and take what was theirs for your own profit.
Is rather a signature of their culture that they got to put romans down and used the corpse of rome for their own profit.
They weren't larping as meds, they used their corpse as a coat
>>
>>13987466
They ultimately vanished into the med genepool, the visigoths live on through the spaniards and portuguese
>>
>>13988677
Visigoths didn'r mixed with spaniard and portuguese, they were an elite and aristrocrats, they actually mixed with the north african elites as they arrived, haven't you noticed the influences of visigothic artistic patterns and the interlaced art on al aldalus architecture and art? Is ibviously a creolle of roman-visigothoc and moorish aestethics
>>
>>13988759
> Spend 3 centuries with the hispano-romans: never have sex with any of them
> New demography arrives out of nowhere: mix exclusively with them

If this is true how come I descend from king Vitiza? Im portuguese and I managed to trace back my ancestry to a portuguese knight named Ufo Ufes (Wulfus/Ulfus son of Ulfus) who was a descendant of Vitiza by his son Sisebuto. Im just one example, like me there are many others who descend from knights from the reconquista. Not all obviously but a considerable number of portuguese and spaniards, predominantly in tge north of iberia where I am from.
>>
File: portugueseschizoid.png (1.1 MB, 763x687)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>13988808
>> Spend 3 centuries with the hispano-romans: never have sex with any of them
because they did not spent time with them, they were different social classes that did not interacted with each other, they killed roman aristocrats as they arrived, visigoths left no genetic impact in iberia, they mixed with other elites that had other government style in order to mantain themselves in power.
>> New demography arrives out of nowhere: mix exclusively with them
yes, becuse it is aa different context, in the context of al-aldalus they were the new power and the new rulers, so they actullyhad imperative to mix, in the context of visigothic kingdoms they were the rulers and the locals not.
>there are many others who descend from knights from the reconquista
different events, being a reconquista rapebaby where knights and nobles had imperative to mix down is not the same as the initial eras, most visigothic elites lived down south, they mixed heavily with moorish elites
also are you that one portuguese tht goes arround calling everyone shitskin? what a freak lmao
>>
>>13989017

Not me nor do I claim him. I myself have some jewish ancestry I am in no position to challenge another persons whiteness.
>>
>>13989053
Also some trace armenian forgot to add. Im just a geneology schizo im only concerned about my own ancestry.
>>
>>13987510
Civilization is Med
>>
>>13984596
>Decides to stay in the blessed Mediterranean lands instead of going back to the insalubrious boglands of the north.
>>
>>13987611
Yes
>>
>>13984649
Disagree. The western civilization that we know starts with the Celts and Germanics. Everything that pops into mind when people think of the west is of Celto-Germanic origin. >Castles/castle towns
Oppidums/hillforts
>knights?
Hearth-guard/companions in the earl/jarls retinue. Usually these people were mounted on horse back, though occasionally not.
>Architecture?
All Germano-Celtic with some Roman peripherals.
>Clothing
Germanic/Celtic. Tunics, pants/hosen, shoes and cloaks.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.