[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

How come Catholics, Orthodox, and Muslims love her but Protestants and Jews hate her?
>>
>>13983635
A lot of catholics literally worship mary, especially 3rd world catholics like Mexicans and Filipinos.

Veneration of saints sometimes goes too far.
>>
*Qurtubi Muslims. That's a North Africa thing.
Sheeeeites go more for Fatima.
>>
>>13983635
As the name suggests, protestantism could not exist without romanism. Much like many other losers today they simply adopt the exact opposite position of what their opponents believe and fashion it into dogma; creating a parasitic relationship with their nominal enemy. Papists and prots alike have both driven each other to such lunacy that they have forced each other to stray from traditional Christianity more and more; though it is without question the prots who are the most disconnected from the early believers; even if Romanists just can't stop developing new self-contradictory doctrines.
>>
>>13983647
That is surely true, the essence of Idolatry is treating something that is not God as if it were God. But it's not the same thing as merely praying in the presence of an image of Mary, as some insist.
>>
>>13983663
Geeze, just say you're 'based Orthodox :D, here's my based chant playlist' already.
>>
>>13983668
Personally i love icons and think they're beautiful. But i'd never pray to them. They should only serve as reminders of God and saints and who they are, not used as tools in prayer.

It can start to step into idolatry, especially with statues.
>>
>>13983647
I'm Mexican and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Perhaps you're confusing authentic veneration of Our Lady of Guadalupe with le 'Santa Muerte'. I'm so tired of people talking out of their ass about Mexico like how it's so dangerous and you have 99% chance of getting beheaded.
>>
>>13983675
I'm not. Theologically I'm close to being a Roman-Catholic, but there's just too much nonsense they added, especially in the last century and a half or so.
>>13983679
It's just a different mode of finding heavenly succor, and one that is often easier for the simple-minded in society. Once you master prayer to God, you discover that Christ wasn't kidding about moving mountains, but most will never have the self-discipline to discover that.
>>
>>13983635
>Protestants
Not all of them, to be fair. But a lot think they're too holy to need to be humble and respect their elders in the faith.

>Jews
They deny Christ, so that's obvious enough.
>>
>>13983663
>as the name suggests
very quick way to show you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>13983635
Lutherans are purist about idol worshipping and false gods.
>>
>>13983635
>How come Catholics, Orthodox, and Muslims
simps
> Protestants
sigma chads
>Jews
incels
>>
I’m a Prot and I don’t hate May whatsoever, I love mary. However, regarding any saint, not just Mary, I avoid worshiping or doing anything resembling worshiping them.
>>
>>13983635
Mariology developed from the Medieval church. The Church overemphasized Jesus role as the judge and this terrified the illiterate laity. Look at medieval altar pieces Christ is at the center as judge. Christ becomes this scary figure instead of as the savior and redeemer. When that is the case people look for figures that are kinder like Mary. She can mediate between you and harsh judge and go through his mother. As a Lutheran you don’t hate Mary. She deserves honor and we should heed her example. But Mariology is evil and takes away from Christ’s glory.
>>
>>13983635
>cats and orthos
the more manifestations of perfection giving examples to us the merrier. they want to be polytheists so bad. mary is naturally the first addition to the pantheon after the trinity. super worthy of venerating.
>prots and jews
anti-immanence. all earthly examples of perfection are distractions. prots reluctantly make the exception for jesus.
>muslims
what can i say? we love modest women.
>>
>>13983647
Italian here. it always bums me that when in order to point mary/saint worship and other pagan stuff people always mention the same few latin american countries or whatever.
here, especially in the south, we mantained an extreme level of "pagan Catholicism", yet people barely acknowledge it.
>>
>>13983635
Protestants just know Catholics like her a lot, so they go the opposite direction. Luther actually maintained the perpetual virginity of Mary all his life, and if you go inside a WELS Lutheran church it’s full of Mary-stuff.

Jews literally know nothing about her, just that she is some sort of goyische gang symbol. They are a very provincial people.
>>
>>13984202
Jesus is the ultimate judge. Read Revelation.
>>
>>13983635
because we love pussy, not ass
>>
>>13983635
That's a misconception, Mater Dei is a concept tested on England and the Protestant 'faithful,' BEFORE being wheeled out at the Coyncil of Trent.
>>
File: Quibuloy FBI poster.png (318 KB, 757x845)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>13983647
I'd rather be mistaken for worshipping Jesus' mom than some Pastor, as protestants love to fucking do.

>getting conned by some low-IQ retard banking on his Charisma.
The state of Protestcucks.
>>
>>13984328
Can you tell us more about the pagan Catholicism in Italy? I've never heard about it
>>
>>13983647

>A lot of catholics literally worship mary, especially 3rd world catholics like Mexicans and Filipinos.

You shouldn't confuse their extreme devotion with actual idolatry, yes sometimes poor and poorly educated people can seem to the outside looker to be "worshipping", for example Ruth 2:10 "Then she fell on her face, and bowed herself to the ground, and said unto him, Why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger?"
Is Ruth worshipping Boaz here? The idea that directly associating kneeling, bowing, prostrating, etc with idolatry is not founded in scripture, it depends on the context

another example
Numbers 22:31 31 "Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face. 32 And the angel of the Lord said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me:"
>>
>>13985400
Yes and the medieval church overemphasized that role. And it scared the illiterate peasants to developing the error that is Mariology.
>>
File: 1525321184324.png (182 KB, 977x910)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>13985805
>illiterate medieval peasants developed Mariology and enforced it on the early Church via time travel
>>
>>13983705
> it's so dangerous and you have 99% chance of getting beheaded.
It's not?
damn i thought mexico was based
>>
>>13983647
>>13983647
Poles pray to Mary and Saints (Pole here). Probably many other Catholics as well. Orthodox see trinity as three separate Gods, Also clear polytheism.
>>
>>13983766
Because they were the direct first refutation of Catholicism
t. baptised Lutheran
>>
>>13983635
The Jewish heart is sterile. Their religion is one of ritual and hollow tradition- there is no spirituality within it outside of redressed Gnostic sects like Kabbah.
>>
File: file.png (54 KB, 400x360)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>13986681
>Orthodox see trinity as three separate Gods, Also clear polytheism.
Wrong. If anyone is polytheistic then it would be the Mary worshipping Catholics.
>>
>>13986964
>pic
I don't know anything about the controversy itself, but isn't it pretty obvious that the Holy Spirit proceeds from Christ as well? Like he literally breathes it on the apostles, and then directly states he's sending it down on the pentecost.
>>
>>13983635
>Protestants and Jews hate her?
Can you show a single protestant that hates Mary?

If not I'm going to call you a liar and deceiver like the Roman papist you are.
>>
>>13983635
Catholics in Latin countries, from Italy to Mexico and Argentina, are actually based polytheists who should just bring back Latin religion already. Ave Proserpina.
>>
File: c8aa5b1f41.jpg (62 KB, 670x400)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>13985509
It is ,probably, the closest thing greco-roman religion.
Idolatry, lots of emphasis on the mother Goddes, heavy superstitions, fertility rituals, and carefulness not to anger the "saints" in the sky, or they will punish you.
>>
>>13984328
Almost every regional catholic worship, perhaps beyond the US one which is heavily influenced by the puritans, is heavily synchretic. Latin America gets singled out probably, unironically, because the continent is thought of as fully non-white and savage, but a lot of the famous "pagan" traditions of Latin America are born from earlier synchretic traditions of Europe (like the famous Mexican Day of the Dead being born completely out of All Saint's Day traditions, as a matter of fact the afterlife as thought of in that tradition is completely incongruent with Mesoamerican conceptions of the afterlife), and a lot of European countries, including practices like towns and countries having patron Saints, are clearly synchretic with older pagan religions.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.