[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I’m Assyrian and we’re mostly Catholic, but we’ve never had any of these child abuse scandals in our Catholic churches.

Either we’re just far better at hiding it or the western world experienced some kind of cultural change in the past 100 years that made such acts more common in their Catholic churches, so there was a divergence.

I feel like it might have something to do with western culture being more hyper-sexualised after the end of the Victorian era.
>>
>>13756138
You are right. The concept of "sex helps us sell, put it in all of the advertisements and commercials" and liberalism in general has led to the rise of people shaping their lives to meet their carnal desires, similar scandals can be found in Protestant denominations and synagogues, as well as public and private schooling, which clearly implies that the problem has nothing to do with anything that is exclusively Catholic, but solely from the unnatural environment which has an obviously negative influence on the recent generations.
>>
>>13756138
id say it's likely a mixture of multiple facors, like in latin america, it happens. but they hide it alot more.

id also imagine getting caught would be really bad news in more ways than one.
>>
>last 100 years

the catholic church has had sex scandals since its inception. in fact part of the reason for priestly celibacy is to prevent priests from creating their own dynasties since many were rich too. monks and priests were known for knocking up random townswomen and for homosexuality/pederasty as well. if the catholic church has performed any miracle, it's that they were able to fool normies for this long lol
>>
>>13756138
Modern Assyrians are just simply 100% Arab
>>
>>13756969
>modern semites are 100% semites
your point being?
>>
>>13756969
>Modern Assyrians are just simply 100% Arab
Yet they cluster nowhere near them, take your meds muhammad.
>>
bump for interesting thread
>>
>>13756138
They exaggerate the scandals in the Catholic Church because the Anglosphere West was previously Protestant and is now overwhelmingly Antitheist. In both cases, they lie and exaggerate about the RCC to demonize it as much as possible. Anything to show anything related to the RCC in the worst possible light.
>>
Pessimistically I'm afraid it's the former
>>
>>13758868
Compare the statistics for Protestant and atheist molestation in their institutions with those for the RCC
>>
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/6108172d83d55d3c9db4dd67/t/6298d31ff654dd1a9dae86bf/1654182692359/Guidepost+Solutions+Independent+Investigation+Report___.pdf
oh no no no no protbros...
>>
>>13758872
Show me
>>
>>13756963
I mean catholic priests were known for knocking up women in the Middle Ages.

For instance, the Fabliaux were medieval erotic and satiric poetry (especially popular among commoners as it often derived from them) and were composed between 12th and 14th century. It depicts priests as being lecherous and rapacious towards women and makes fun of a man who leaves his wife alone with a priest as being a cuckold, but there’s absolutely no jokes about the more modern stereotypical image of a Catholic priest that we have today towards boys. Maybe because homosexual activity was so taboo that it couldn’t even be joked about or mentioned in the Middle Ages?
>>
>>13756138
I believe you’re describing Vatican II
>>
>I WON'T get a mistress
>I WON'T fuck a prostitute
>I WON'T get a gay lover
>I WON'T seduce lonely housewives in the congregation
>I WILL fuck the altar boy
Why?
>>
>>13759477
Because no one will know.
>>
>>13756969
Aramaic is a completely different language then Arabic

Christianity is different from Islam
>>
>>13758963
I recall a medieval joke where a priest laid over a boy to pray for his life and the bystanders pronounced the boy dead because boys usually got up immediately when a priest laid on top of them. That seems to imply pederasty.
>>
>>13759477
Because they were pedophiles to begin with, how hard is that to understand.
What view of men does one need to have to imply not having sex will make you attractred to children.
>>
>>13760123
It would be odd to imply because actual homosexual acts are not something medieval people ever really made jokes about it in their satirical poetry. They are very hushed up about it.

> When we consider what is missing, for example, even the sexually explicit fabliaux strike us as almost prudish by today’s standards. The man is invariably on the top but for one comic exception, and oral sex is entirely absent, and the rare instances of same-sex relations are all misunderstandings. Their moral stance is thus at once rebellious and conservative. - R.Howard Bloch
>>
>>13760326
I’ve read that the problem is heterosexual men being ephebophiles

> Another researcher, Louis Schlesinger, argued that the main problem was pedophilia or ephebophilia, not sexual orientation and claimed that some men who are married to adult women are attracted to adolescent males.[25]
>>
>>13760450
Its the same dishonest hairsplitting they always do to avoid any connection between homosexuality and pedophilia, i.e. presenting pedophilia as some third form of sexual orientation so men that exclusively molest young boys aren't described as homosexual.
>>
>>13759477
he was that kind of boy anyway

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.