[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Today we praise Saint John the Baptist, who baptized JesusChrist.
>>
>He must increases and I must decrease
I don't think he appreciates it bro
>>
>>13525492
John understood the power of humility and truth.
>>
>>13525488
Why does God need to be baptized?
>>
Pray for the people on this website that God has mercy on them, and that their love for God and their neighbors increases, as well as your own.
>>
>>13525516
Everything Jesus does, He does to show others how things ought to be done.
>I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me. (John 11:42)
>>
>>13525488
He's probably not a real person.
>>
This always made no sense to me. Why did Jesus get baptized if he's already God?
>>
>>13525549
Why would a guy getting baptized mean that God sent them? This makes no sense
>>
>>13525549
So Jesus didn't need to be baptized? His baptism was just for show?
>>
>>13525516
maybe he was getting a bit smelly
>>
>>13525488
Everyday we worship John the Baptist
'cause He is the LORD God Almighty.
We never worship Jesus the Christ
'cause He is Lucifer Devil Satan.
>>
>>13525579
Beelzebub Jesus Christ got Baptised and Crucified to Pay for His many Sins.
>>
Oh boy time to worship a Saint
Errr
I mean, venerate him so he can act as a prayer relay... Yeah, that makes sense! I'm not a fucking pagan if I word it like that!
>>
>>13525488
Revelation 22:9
“Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.”

>>13525516
>>13525565
>>13525579
>>13525579
Why don't you guys just read the Bible? You're obviously not going to get an answer from the trolls here.
>>
>>13525641
>Why don't you guys just read the Bible?
I did. Many times. I know a great deal about the Bible. And Jesus getting baptized makes no sense. There are a lot of plot holes in the Bible.
>>
>>13525500
repent, kike
>>
>>13525646
Matthew 3:15
>>
>>13525673
I mean, it doesn't explain why God would need a baptism. No one would expect God to need a baptism so doing so as a deed still makes no sense.
>>
I thought we do that on the 25th

Dec 25 Christmas
March 25 Marymas
June 25 Johnmas
Sept 25 25 Michaelmas
>>
http://gnosis.org/library/The_Mandaean_Book_of_John_Open_Access_Ve.pdf

what is the cheapest way to get a hold of this? i’d really rather not be forced to read it on a screen. im pissed. should I go to staples? should I just write it out myself?
>>
>>13525646
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adoptionism
everything else is mumbo jumbo
>>
>>13527839
>>13525646
some try to argue luke 3:22 was originally a direct quote of psalm 2:7. this interpretation is found amongst early church fathers

>the Holy Ghost, and for man’s sake, as I formerly stated, lighted on Him in the form of a dove, and there came at the same instant from the heavens a voice, which was uttered also by David when he spoke, personating Christ, what the Father would say to Him: ‘You are My Son: this day have I begotten You;’ [the Father] saying that His generation would take place for men, at the time when they would become acquainted with Him: ‘You are My Son; this day have I begotten you” - Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho 88
>>
>>13525565
Because then jewsus would send him to hell, el oh el

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.