[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Theodicy is impossible because "Justice" is just thin air with no physical cause-and-effect relationship. It has always been the politically and physically stronger who have defined justice.

Hard mode: Don't use analogies.
>>
>>13525447
The problem of evil is nonsense because "evil" is just thin air with no physical cause-and-effect relationship. It has always been the politically and physically stronger who have defined evil.
>>
>>13525467
How does it relate to how Justice is not a real universal?
>>
>>13525447
>It has always been the politically and physically stronger who have defined justice.
>thus justice can and has been defined
>thus theodicy is possible
By the premises you set, theodicy only really involves political supremacy. What's so impossible about that?
>>
>>13525484
Affirm the consequent. Invalid form.
>>
>>13525482
>evil is subjective
>benevolence is subjective
>justice is subjective
Then there's no reason to engage in the argument. Nothing can be meaningfully said from this point
>>
>>13525467
Yeah you're right, If you have evil you have no theology due lack of sin, punishment and sacrifice. Retard.
>>
>>13525447
Was he right? Is this really the best of all possible worlds?
>>
>>13526090
Yes, no amount of seething can change that and you don't even need to be a theist of any kind to understand that. Think of it in terms of multiple universes/realities. First of all, the only universe we get in this life is this one. Even if others do exist, it's impossible to reach them from here. Any changes we make to improve society, ourselves etc.. will be changes to THIS universe. So whether or not it was decided by The Big Bang, God, nothing, whatever you want to say, this truly IS the best possible world that we could be living in, because it is the only possible world we could be living in.
>>
>>13525447

The Problem of Evil: A Christian Response
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0gPoqx_bQ
>>
File: better never to have been.jpg (102 KB, 1050x1616)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>13527363
> Being is Good!
>>
>>13527481
Take this boomer shit outta my sights
>>
>>13526090
No. If an omnipotent, omnibenevolent God were to exist, He would not need to allow evil in order to obtain a greater good out of it. An all-powerful being has no need to employ any particular means to achieve his ends; He would simply actualize those ends ex nihilo, just as the biblical God created the world in the same manner.

Furthermore, the Bible heavily implies that the vast majority of mankind will end up in Hell (see Luke 13:24, for example), and this has been the mainstream view amongst most saints and doctors of the Church (St Leonard of Port Maurice's sermon "On the Fewness of the Saved" is the best summary of this). Therefore, Leibniz's view that God's objective is to achieve the maximun possible happiness for the highest possible number of humans already comes into conflict with his commitment to the Christian faith.
>>
>>13526090
This isn't the best of all possible worlds. A better world would be one where I wasn't sweating like a pig, which is relatively easy to accomplish, yet isn't real atm.
>>
>>13525447
I will kill you
>>
>>13527635
As God said to Job, "If you don't like it, make a better universe then faggot"
>>13527624
And as we say to all antinatalists, "Just fucking kill yourself"
>>
I asked you for an actual argument last time and you just let your thread 404
>>
>>13527742
Who're you're trying to fool, you don't care about arguments, never conceding when you're wrong about something.
>>
>>13527749
Sure I do

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.