[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What was Zimmermann thinking when he suggested Mexico invade the United States? Did the suggestion make more sense than it seems today?
>>
>>13319723
At least the US weren't already the military superpower they are now 110 years ago
>>
>>13319723
he didn't call for Mexico to preemptively attack the US, but only if the US attacked Mexico
ofc for Mexico it didn't make sense, but for Germany it did, if a country attacks you, and that country is in turn attacked itself, you have less to worry about
>>
>>13319756
>but only if the US attacked Mexico
*Germany
>>
>>13319723
I remember asking my middle school teacher if the Zimmerman telegraph was doctored by the British.
>>
"I desperately need help against the US if they join the war and I'm not already at war with Mexico".
Was still a bad idea, Mexico was too small, far away, and busy fighting itself to landgrab even if it wanted to, and it just pissed the burgs off
>>
>>13319723
>What was Zimmermann thinking when he suggested Mexico invade the United States?
He was thinking that British Zionists needed to bring the US into the war after he had successfully used Germany to finance a Jewish led "revolution" in Russia.
A telegram sent using the British telegraph cable, guaranteeing that it would be intercepted that mentioned the one thing the American people cared about with regard to the war (indiscriminate submarine attacks on civilian ships around Europe) while encouraging a recent enemy into declaring war against the US was a good way to accomplish that.
>>
>>13319723
Who's Zimmerman?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.