[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>in Australia, a dingo steals and eats a woman’s baby
>she can’t catch up to them in time and it’s lost
>tells the police
>police immediately arrest her for murdering her baby because clearly a dingo stealing a baby is impossible, this was just a poor attempt at an alibi
>media tears her and her husband apart
>she is convicted of murdering her baby
>”a dingo ate my baby” becomes a weird global joke, it’s even in Seinfeld
>years later the baby’s skeleton is found in a dingo cave
>animal experts testify that it’s certainly possible
>she’s finally exonerated

Why the fuck didn’t the police listen to her
>>
Australia is an actual dystopia, that's why.
>>
>>13319287
>clearly a dingo stealing a baby is impossible
why?
>>
>>13319313
It’s a fucking DINGO you commie
>>
“The dINGO aTE Yo BabY”
>>
File: dingo.jpg (2.73 MB, 2400x1350)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>13319287
it does seem strange that a moderately sized wild dog would be completely written off as an impossibility
>>
>>13319287
Well she left the baby near feral animals so yes she is partly responsible for the murder of her baby. I also notice that there is no father in the picture so again another proof of poor parenting.

Single mothers should be sterilized and their children taken by the state.
>>
>>13319472
Everywhere in Australia is near feral animals
>>
>>13319287
turns out our queen Marina was at the scene ... interesting
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (468 KB, 719x1318)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
>>13319583
https://www.nytimes.com/1986/02/21/arts/art-people.html
>>
>>13319489
He will never get it. A lot of people don't get what living in areas where most if the fauna hasn't been driven off or killed. Seeing Kangaroos hop into suburbs and urban parks in Australia is not rare
>>
>>13319287
How tf was she convicted? Even if there was no evidence a dingo did it, surely neither was there any evidence she did.
>>
>>13319608
SHE DIDN'T CRY SHE MUST BE GUILTY
>>
>>13319608
A dingo? Eating a baby?

That’s ridiculous

Unironically she’d probably have been let off if she said she saw a guy run off with the baby. The story just seemed too crazy to take seriously so they thought they were lying
>>
>>13319621
That's not evidence though. The fuck happened to innocent until proven guilty?
>>
>>13319621
How is it ridiculous, a dingo is basically a wolf/feral dog
>>
>>13319632
My neighbor had a dingo when I was growing up, I could definitely see it getting hungry,grabbing a small child and running off with it
>>
>>13319632
>>13319630
>The initial inquiry, held in Alice Springs, Northern Territory, by Alice Springs magistrate and coroner Dennis Barritt in December 1980 and January 1981, supported the Chamberlains' account of Azaria's disappearance, finding a dingo took the child.[5][8] The Supreme Court quashed the findings of the initial inquest and ordered a second inquest in December 1981, with the taking of evidence concluded in February 1982. By an indictment presented to the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory in September 1982, Chamberlain was charged with Azaria's murder. Michael Chamberlain was charged with being an accessory after the fact. On 29 October 1982 the Chamberlains were both found guilty as charged
>>
>>13319472
Who was taking the photo you dumb ass lol?
>>
>>13319489
Everywhere are cunt
>>
>>13319655
and what were the findings of the second inquest?
>>
>>13319287
>Why the fuck didn’t the police listen to her
kek you ever met a cop? they literally won't hire you if you're too intelligent.
>>
>>13319630
>innocent until proven guilty

not how those anglo apes operate.
>>
>>13319663
The camera in self timer mode.
>>
>>13319287

1. Because women lie all the time
2. Because women murder their kids all the time (hence why abortion is so popular)
>>
>>13319703
women would make good cops.
>>
>>13319608
JUSTICE IS ABOUT PUNISHMENT
>>
>>13319287
The more I learn about Australia, the more I hate it.
>>
>>13319287
Australia is a Japan-tier failed state.
>>
>>13319287
Poor understanding about dingoes, poor forensic science, and hugely unethical journalism.

The baby's jumpsuit was found largely intact, which was probably what aroused the cops suspicions that there had been foul play, because they didn't think that a dingo would have been able to get the baby out of the jumpsuit so cleanly; they were probably expecting it to be totally ripped to shreds. In fact, dingoes can be quite precise when they want to be.

Contrary to what >>13319489 says, there are a lot of people in Australia's large cities who never come into contact with the wildlife. All Australian children are raised to be wary of snakes and spiders, but not small feral dogs. Dingoes were seen as harmless critters, and it didn't seem credible to people who hadn't spent a lot of time out in the bush that they would target a baby.

Once suspicions were raised, the media tore into her. Needless to say, Australia's major newspapers are all published from the big cities, and journalists aren't usually outdoorsy types; most of the journos who picked up the case had probably never even seen a real dingo. Once the dogpile (no pun intended) had begun, it snowballed, with no one wanting to get left out of the year's hottest story. All sorts of rumours that later turned out to be false were published (e.g. the baby's name, Azaria, means 'sacrifice in the wilderness').

The fact that the parents were Seventh Day Adventists also played a big part in the case against them. A lot of people were prepared to believe rumours about a baby-sacrificing cult.

So the jury pool was tainted before the trial even started. With everyone already biased against the parents and looking to make sure they 'didn't get away with it', a blood test that supposedly found baby's blood in the parents' car was all the proof the jury needed. The test was later found to return false positives all the time.
>>
>>13319787
so this happened because australians don't know anything about the wildlife in their own country
>>
>>13319790
It happened because Australians lack basic civil rights to ensure fair trials.
>>
>>13319800
Is there any country on earth or in human history that avoided miscarriages of justice, anon?
Civil rights are good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think there's any level of them that can eliminate groupthink and human error.
>>
>>13319750
UK-tier*
>>
>>13319790
How much do people in Los Angeles and New York know about the behaviour of grizzlies or mountain lions? And they're a lot more obviously dangerous than dingoes.

Dingoes aren't wild animals, they're domesticated dogs that went feral, meaning they aren't generally aggressive towards humans. They're quite small and no threat to an adult human even if they wanted to be. They are, however, opportunistic scavengers, hence the baby snatching, but opportunities like that are rare.

As I said, all Australian children - even ones raised in cities - are taught to be wary of snakes and spiders, because you can find them anywhere. Crocodiles and sharks, too - if you're going swimming in the sea you need to be on alert for sharks, and if you're anywhere near water out in the bush you keep an eye out for crocs. Oh, and speaking of swimming, jellyfish are also a danger kids are taught to watch out for. Even kangaroos - the fuckers are everywhere and they can give you a real nasty kick. But dingoes? You'd have to go out into the deep bush to even see a dingo, and dingoes are too small to pose much of a threat... except, sadly, to a small child.

Basically, there are so many other more dangerous things in Australia people underestimated dingoes.
>>
File: 1626973148224.jpg (135 KB, 319x500)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>13319619
I hate normalfags so much dude.
>>
>>13319800
>there has never been a miscarriage of justice in America
>>13314484

Australia's judicial system is pretty much the same as the rest of the English-speaking world.
>>
>>13319815
> they're domesticated dogs that went feral
retard, abos brought dogs over to australia like 40k years ago.
>>
>>13319807
Errors and malpractice happen everywhere, but Australian law objectively guarantees fewer rights to defendants than any sane country would consider the bare minimum.
>>13319810
I think even Brits get fairer trials than Australians and the Japanese.
>>
>your child is stolen and eaten by a wild animal before your eyes
>you go to prison for life for this
How will the Lord answer for this
>>
>>13319619
>>13319817
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bamber

This guy's been in prison for almost forty years because he didn't look sad enough at his parents' funeral. I watched a documentary about the case once and when they interviewed the detective who handled the case he literally said that was the reason he started suspecting Bamber.

What actually happened is that his sister had a long history of psych disorders and finally snapped and shot her kids and her parents, then herself. But apparently the pussy pass still holds even if the holder is dead; I think more than anything Bamber did, none of the people investigating the case really wanted to believe that a woman - a mother, no less - would commit such a violent act, especially against her own kids.
>>
>>13319689
Cops always been good to me, maybe it’s because I’m a dumbass
>>
>>13319832
Fairer trial? Unless not South Asian criminals in Britain?
>>
>>13319830
Dingoes came over in a later wave of migration from Papua about 5000 years ago. They were domesticated (or at least semi-domesticated, it's not entirely clear) before they were allowed to go feral. Even after thousands of years adapting back to life without humans, there's still a difference between feral and wild.

Part of the reason no one took the idea that dingoes might be dangerous too seriously is that they remain very easy to tame. In fact, most dingo bites happen because people start feeding them and get too used to them being friendly.
>>
>>13319846
He’s guilty though. Her body was moved after death
>>
>>13319872
Was it, though?
>>
>>13319305
More like Australia is what would have happened if Christopher Columbus gave up and went home and we didn't discover American until the 1800s
>>
>>13319287
GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS
>>
>>13319846
>a woman - a mother, no less - would commit such a violent act, especially against her own kids.

that's exactly what women do though - kill their children. no, this is not some faggy pro-life comment.
>>
>>13319287
Pigs have low iq in all countries, it's just America where this was revealed to be an intentional hiring strategy
>>
>>13319890
I know that, and you know that. The statistics are clear: when children are murdered, it's usually by their own mother. But normies don't know about statistics, and really don't like thinking about mothers murdering children. Gender expectations were even more fixed back in the 1980s.

Also, it happened in a very rural area - the cops who investigated were from the kind of PD in Hot Fuzz before Simon Pegg shows up, but worse because it was the '80s. They totally fucked up collecting all the forensic evidence too; even their notes aren't clear.
>>
Doesn't the Australian court operate on the presumption of innocence until proven guilty?
>>
>>13319964
She was proven guilty
>>
>>13319964
yes, according to the jury.
>>
>>13319978
Was it a jury trial or one of those weird judge only cases that happens occasionally for some reason (usually chosen because the person thinks a jury is gonna be biased I think)
>>
>>13319287
No one wanted to admit dingos were that dangerous
>>
>>13319305
yeah nothing intersting happens there and when it does people have no idea how to react
>>
>>13319454
ayo he a gud boi he dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>13319472
She actually was married at that time, retard.
but you are right about single mothers.
>>
>>13319287
its just the mentality of the australian and the 'yellow press'
they turned on her because she didn't look distraught enough
>>
>>13320148
Sad. Many such cases
>>
>>13320220
It's astonishing that this is legal. British defamation laws may be among the most plaintiff friendly in the world, to the extent that you can be successfully sued for saying something PROVABLY true, and yet this is okay?
>>
>>13320062
jury
>>
>>13319800
The Australian court system is basically the exact same as the UK, NZ and Canada
>>
>>13319832
Could you elaborate, both on the lack of rights for the accused in Australia and how they effected this specific trial?
I'm a burger not an Aussie, but I could easily picture something similar happening here except for the animal responsible. Seems like a case of cops fixating on the wrong suspect, a media circus, and an unusual set of facts that a jury didn't believe.
>>
>>13319305
The same country that also had it's police shoot puppies so animal rescuers wouldn't drive out and "risk covid". Country should fucking sink and its demon people
>>
>>13319858
they were brought from india
>>
>>13319287
I feel like most jurors just don't understand reasonable doubt and cast their verdict based on superficial feelings.
>>
>>13320236
Defamation is retarded, I should be allowed to slander as much as I want.
>>
>>13321292
Well yeah I'm sure a pedophile like you would feel entitled to behave like that...
>>
>>13319287

>taking a baby into the outback in the first place
>full of dangerous animals, just leave the tent door open while we sleep bro
>dingos skittish around humans, has to sneak over 2 adults to get to baby in the interior of the tent
>baby suit found intact

Should have been found innocent due to the circumstantial evidence, but I believe they did it.
>>
>>13320505
what did you have for dinner tonight, anon?
>>
>>13319454
The real reason is that social climbing cops and prosecutors love shit like this because they see it as a chance to advance their careers. A dingo grabbing the kid doesn't even factor into it because they're so blinded by the fame and status they've convinced themselves they'll be getting and deserve that all they can see is that clearly the mother killed the baby and lied and they're going to put the Murderous Mommy behind bars and crow about what exemplary upholders of law and justice they are.
>>
>>13319472
>Single mothers should be sterilized and their children taken by the state.
The state can barely take care of kids already as is. Fuck that shit.
>>
Too many fucking burgers in this thread.
>>
>>13319287
Wtf is a dingo?
>>
>>13321975
retard
>>
The Commonwealth of Australia. What a country.
>>
>>13319583
>has three abortions knowing full well prior to each pregnancy that she would never want children

I support abortion, but this comes across as unfathomably careless and selfish and frankly, evil.
>>
>>13319750
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>13320430
Exactly
>>
>>13321292
Defamation lawsuits are thing so faggots like you don't get their throats slit by the person you insulted.
>>
>>13320112
Do you men he...
dingo nuffin?
>>
>>13319287
Did the cops who conducted the investigation suffer any consequences?

They misidentified shit like drops of milkshake and mucus in the car as the baby's blood. It seems like they fabricated evidence to appease the media and the masses riled up by said media.
>>
>>13319666
checked
>>
The old “ a Dingo stole my baby” line..right
>>
>>13319287
>>”a dingo ate my baby” becomes a weird global joke, it’s even in Seinfeld
That's how I learned about it
>>
>>13323767
god damn it carlos
>>
>>13323181
You've no right in commenting on what is evil, vile creature.
>>
>>13319287
Idk about the NT, but it was standard practice at that time, IIRC, in NSW to threaten confessions out of suspects and plant evidence.
The police in Vic were also (partly) cowboys, particularly the Armed Robbery Squad. In one notable fuckup, they executed a bank robber in a revenge attack for that bank robber killing someone in a robbery. But they got the wrong bank robber. It was someone who wasn't even involved in the robbery (again IIRC). So the robbers now felt like the police were just going to execute all of them unless they presented a deterrent, so the robbers lured a couple of rookie cops to a report of an abandoned car, and then executed those rookie cops.
This set of events then inspired the Australian film Animal Kingdom, which became the American series.
>>
>>13323181
This is why I don't support abortion past the morning after pill. It's too ghoulish, and you see l*ftoids revelling in the evil.
>>
>>13321016
Their closest relative is the New Guinea Singing Dog, the only habitually tree climbing dog.
Genetically, Dingos are more closely related to Wolves than dogs.
It's unlikely they've ever been domesticated..
Dingos arrived in Australia around 8,000 years ago when there was still a land bridge between Australia and New Guinea across the Torres Strait.
>>
>>13321880
>fame and status they've convinced themselves they'll be getting and deserve
"Gifted" strivers are a disease.
>>
>>13319858
I appreciate your informative posts and saintly patience. Actually learned from this instead of scrolling past a flame war.
>>
>>13319787
>The fact that the parents were Seventh Day Adventists
Why did God do this to them? It would have been better if they were atheists.
>>
>>13323181
>unfathomably careless and selfish and frankly, evil.
Having the kid would actually be that kid
>>
Not directing this at her specifically but most Westerners have jackshit experience with wild/feral animals and think little Dingo is jsut like little Doggo. Thus you have shit like say some woman trying to pet a stray and getting her finger bitten off. I think what made the trial exceptional was that most Aussies know or should know that Dingo's are opportunistic eaters or that yes wild animals can pop up in unexpected places.
>>
>>13319287
>>13319630
Dingoes almost never eat people, that's why, there's only ever been two recorded fatalities related to them, and one of them is the Azaria Chamberlain case.
They're generally shy of people and avoid them unless trained.
That said, everyone on the scene, including local police, believed her. That said, there was apparently some blood in the car supporting the theory she slit the kid's throat.
>>13319787
The anonymous call from a Mt Isa doctor by someone claiming to be their doctor saying Azaria meant 'sacrificed in the wilderness' didn't help.
>>
>>13320505
It has a worse fate than that: they'll be a satellite state of china in 50 years. Just need a bit more chinese immigration.
>>
>>13325540
If you find out your kid has deformities or down syndrome, you'd still be ok to wasting decades of your life wiping the ass of a retard who suffers because of you not killing a brain dead clumb in your stomach? Lol, what an idiot. If we'd make laws based on the few that abuse specific things, nothing would be legal. Not even food.
>>
>>13326394
So you support eugenics? Your grammatical and spelling errors indicate that you're the brain dead CLUMP here.
>>
>>13319472
>talk about completely irrelevant issue
>hurr you are wrong because you didn’t x irrelevant thing perfectly
The /his/cel brain.
>>
>>13326370
>Dingoes almost never eat people
because they don't go after grown adults or even adolescents
wild animals are pretty good at determining what they can and can't take on without large injury to themselves.
>>
>>13326414
>So you support eugenics?
Genetic screening of babies already exist. Older women and people with genetic diseases/receive genes can have kids safely now lmao. Iceland aborts Down Syndrome fetuses, many West Africans make use of screening to not marry sickle cell trait carriers with each other.
>>
>>13326370
>That said, there was apparently some blood in the car supporting the theory she slit the kid's throat.

That test was literally revealed to also be flawed and constantly give false positives
>>
>>13326386
back to pol
>>
>>13326665
It's actually frighteningly close to the reality. Australasia ash nothing for it asides from exporting rocks, agriculture and a pale for Foreign students to pay out the nose for a degree.
>>
Because she had scissors in her car with her baby's blood on them
>>
>>13319287
must be her white privledge amirite leftoids?
>>
>>13319787
>hugely unethical journalism
This. I don't think people realize just how bad the Australian media is. They make American media look moral and principled.
>>
>>13327103
She didn’t though
>>
>>13325529
Thanks for the recommendation anon
>>
ITT jealous yuros who were denied entry to Australia
Cope and seethe, the lucky country is the greatest country on Earth. We're ahead of Europe in every metric, even with the libs in charge
>>
>>13328437
Why would I be jealous? I already live in the best continent in the world, unrivalled when it comes to culture, landscape diversity and life quality. Australia is only good for a novel trip to sightsee weird looking animals. Enjoy your nanny state
>>
>>13328437
Not least skin cancer. Enjoy the next fifty years.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.