[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1621854084831.png (894 KB, 733x1007)
894 KB
894 KB PNG
>so chadly that stalin is too afraid to purge him
>>
>>13317396
>leave the fish to me
>>
zhukov was hooked on coca cola
>>
>>13317894
which means he could be controlled
>>
>>13317841
Damn that's one chunky boi
>>
>>13317396
>helps the revisionists win
>as a reward is forced to retire
>>
>>13317963
>forced to hang out at home, fishing and banging his wife
What a terrible fate
>>
>>13317991
yeah
losing all influence and respect and being forced to cope for the rest of your life is not great
shame you can't relate since you never had any influence or respect in your life
>>
>>13317991
Yeah, we know that you would rather play nintendo while Tyrone and Jamal spitroast your life, but normal men aspire to greatness and influence. Even in small things.
>>
>>13317396
>stalin is too afraid to purge him
>purged by Khrushchev
How did he do it cornbros?
>>
>>13317396
>>so chadly that stalin is too afraid to purge him
Is there a single scrap of evidence for this assertion? Stalin never had a problem killing off his competent generals before
>>
Zhukov was a national hero and easily the most popular man in the country, so Stalin couldn't just gulag him instead he made him as irrelevant as he could by demoting him to an unimportant command in Ukraine.
>>
>>13318190
Come on, declaring anyone despite their prior achievements to be pest, enemy and right Trotskyist is one of the few things soviet government could do properly
>>
>>13318049
more like I can't relate to being able to retire jej
>>
>>13318180
It helps to remember Tukhachevsky was just as much of a chad as Zhukov, but he didn't fly so good
>>
>>13318274
I think people are unwilling to accept that Zhukov was certainly just as much of a bootlicker as any of the other un-purged generals and party officials
It sounds better in their heads if Zhukov was some masculine loose cannon hero who did anything he wanted with no consequences, and police chief Stalin kept the mayor off his ass because he got results, damnit
>>
>>13318274
>Tukhachevsky was just as much of a chad
Why do you hate peasants?
>>
>>13317841
>>13317396
Zhukov look to American to be Russian.
>>
>>13318660
>n his last overt display of neopaganism, Tukhachevsky drew up a project for destruction of Christianity and restoration of Slavic paganism. To this end, Tukhachevsky submitted a memo on declaring paganism as the state religion of the RSFSR, which although mocked, also received some serious discussion in the Small Council of People's Commissars, which commended Tukhachevsky for his "joke" and his commitment to atheism. Sabaneyev observed that Tukhachevsky seemed "as happy as a schoolboy who had just succeeded in a prank."
>According to Montefiore, a few days later, as Yezhov buzzed in and out of Stalin's office, a broken Tukhachevsky confessed that Avel Yenukidze had recruited him in 1928 and that he was a German agent cooperating with Nikolai Bukharin to seize power. Tukhachevsky's confession, which survives in the archives, is dappled with a brown spray that was later found to be blood-spattered by a body in motion.
>Stalin commented, "It's incredible, but it's a fact, they admit it."
>As Yezhov watched, the former Marshal was shot once in the back of the head.
larpagan sisters, we got too cocky
>>
File: fe3.jpg (110 KB, 747x1214)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>13318682
>Tukhachevsky confessed that Avel Yenukidze had recruited him in 1928 and that he was a German agent
Is there anyone among original bolsheviks who wasn't foreign agent?
>>
>>13318877
Molotov?
>>
>>13318291
>You went over the line Zhukov and now I got the DA breathing down my neck. You're cut loose. Hand over your gun and your badge
>And your other gun
>>
File: RedNapoleon.png (70 KB, 154x209)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>No Red Napoleon KINO

Ugh...
>>
>>13318682
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>13319017
"What if Stalin was actually completely justified in everything he did: the alternative-history"
Garbage taste
>>
>>13319759
>"What if Stalin was actually completely justified in everything he did
real life
>>
>>13318682
>commended Tukhachevsky for his "joke"
lol
>>
>>13318049
>wanting influence over a broken system run by a paranoid Georgian bank robber
>wanting power when it puts a target on your back and will get your family murdered
Yeah man it's clearly better to stick your head in a den of wolves for pride instead of just taking your crushing victory over the Nazis as your final and greatest accomplishment and fishing your days away in the woods with your lovely wife.
Retard.

>>13318082
>rightoid projecting his interracial fantasies again
I love how quickly you fags resort to this nonsense
>>
File: 1648661016041[1].png (1.14 MB, 694x1000)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>Shortly after departing to take up his new command, Tukhachevsky was arrested on May 22, 1937, and brought back to Moscow in a prison van. Tukhachevsky's interrogation was directly supervised by NKVD Chief Nikolai Yezhov. Stalin instructed Yezhov, "See for yourself, but Tukhachevsky should be forced to tell everything.... It's impossible he acted alone."

>According to Montefiore, a few days later, as Yezhov buzzed in and out of Stalin's office, a broken Tukhachevsky confessed that Avel Yenukidze had recruited him in 1928 and that he was a German agent cooperating with Nikolai Bukharin to seize power. Stalin commented, "It's incredible, but it's a fact, they admit it."

>On June 11, 1937, the Soviet Supreme Court convened a special military tribunal to try Tukhachevsky and eight generals for treason. The trial was dubbed the Case of Trotskyist Anti-Soviet Military Organization. Semyon Budyonny was one of the judges at the trial, he provided testimony that Tukhachevsky's efforts to create an independent tank corps was so inferior to horse cavalry and so illogical that it amounted to deliberate "wrecking". Upon hearing the accusations, Tukhachevsky was heard to say, "I feel I'm dreaming."

>Later, as the Great Purge continued, the NKVD came to interrogate and arrest Budyonny; Budyonny's response was to arm himself with his service Nagant M1895 revolver and call Stalin to demand he have the agents removed. Stalin complied and the event was not discussed again.
>>
>>13317841
Weird to see him like a grandpa instead of a Marshall
>>
>>13318049
Considering what Stalin did to others the opportunity to "retire" must have been a god send, others were just killed and their families deported on the mere suspicion on being too interested in power.
>>
File: 1632254703500.png (214 KB, 736x530)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>13320529
>tanks? just use horses lol you fucking idiot
>*threatens stalin and gets away with it*
>>
>>13317396
Reddit: the general
>>
File: 1652223509161.jpg (316 KB, 1647x1208)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>13320529
>provided testimony that Tukhachevsky's efforts to create an independent tank corps was so inferior to horse cavalry and so illogical that it amounted to deliberate "wrecking"
>>
What was the name of that Soviet guy who couldn't believe he was getting purged even when he was being tortured? All I remember is him yelling his name at someone and telling them to inform Stalin/high command that he was being tortured and that it was a mistake.
>>
>>13321951

Too many to count. Plenty of them were like "if only Stalin knew!".
>>
>>13321951
The coomer Yagoda called out for Stalin to pardon him in the trial, addressing him personally and making an appeal, despite him not actually seeing Stalin there at the court
It led to an unconfirmed rumor that Stalin actually was there, hiding behind the arras like Polonius.
>>
>>13321951
Yezhov sent Stalin letter with "the monstrous mistake has occurred" among other things
>>
>>13322010
>>13321997
>Tfw Yezhov got Yagoda killed only to get killed in the exact same manner
Goddamn, the Soviets were way more batshit than I thought.
>>
File: bvdpvare.png (363 KB, 606x412)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>13322756
It's worse than you think
>>
>>13318877
Molotov, Kaganovich, Kollentai, Kalinin, Kirov.

I used to be skeptical of the Moscow Trials but seeing how "communists" treat people like Haz, Maupin, Hinkle I'm convinced that the accused were guilty.
>>
>>13318877
>Get tortured for 20 hours
>Admit to whatever the fuck they want you to say
>"Wow, were any of them not traitors?"
>>
File: soviet cavalry.jpg (63 KB, 796x385)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>13321152
>entire soviet tank force destroyed in barbarossa
>budyonny's horse breeding program pays off, red army retains its mobility by raising cavalry units which can also function in deep swamps and forests
>kraut truckfags eat all their horses, get immobilised and freeze to death
>ruskie cavalry rides to berlin
Cavchads keep winning.
>>
>>13320529
I simultaneously think the USSR was the one of the 2 or 3 states that did the most good for humanity in human history, and also that it was completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>13323258
>>
>>13320529
possibly even baseder than the hitler fly swatter guy
>>
>>13320529
>>13321152
>>13321477
>>13323258
reminder that tukhachevsky was mentally retarded not a "military genius", and he is only hyped up because he was put down by the soviet union, it's the same reason why westerners suck trotsky's dick
>>
File: 1652391019908.gif (1.9 MB, 480x470)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB GIF
>>1332325
>video game enthusiasts on an imageboard 80 years later:
>wow, this guy wanted CAVALRY instead of more ebin T-34 tanks? What a fucking retard
>It's a good thing the gommies had a hundred billion extra men to throw at the Wehrmacht otherwise they'd have been ground down under the weight of their Tiger II divisions
>>
>>13325228
log off budyonny
>>
>>13325312
You won't convince me. As soon as war is declared, everyone will shout, "Send for the Cavalry!"
>>
>>13325228
tanks are good but tukha wanted to send them trough the enemy lines to get destroyed lol
also that was in between of plotting to overthrow the government with other rightists but whatever

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.