[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Wilhelm II.jpg (187 KB, 800x1154)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
*dismisses Bismarck*
>leave German foreign policy to me
>>
>>13315355
How did that whole german empire thing go for Wilhelm II after that?
>>
>>13315355
He should have allied with Russia against France and Britain.
>>
File: alternateww1.png (84 KB, 1200x1000)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>13315355
here Wilhelm, you can win WW1 now
>>
>>13315688
Germany, Italy and Austro-Hungary suppose be strong allies.
>>
>>13315717
>Italy and Austro-Hungary

good luck being them nice to each other, also, that´s what happened in real life and they betrayed one another, the German FP should´ve been the dismantling of the Ottoman and AH Empires, the neutralization of France and the isolationism of the British Empire
>>
Why was he so obsessed with boats?
>>
>>13315355
Bismarck's foreign policy was evil.
>>
>>13315355
What if he sought French and British neutrality while going after Russia? No weltpolitik.
>>
>>13316732
seething Gaul
>>
>>13315355
Know the purpose of a greentext?
>>
>>13315688
they unironically probably could've won it with just italy + austria
>>
>>13315566
>hey russia please ally with us so we can win against britain and franc-
>no
What's the next move?
>>
>>13315688
now eastern europe will never achieve independence
>>
>>13316732
He did no wrong, clown
>>
Oh jeez
>>
File: a-h partition.png (57 KB, 1200x1000)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>13317051
Russia wanted to renew the Reinsurance Treaty with Germany, it was Germany under Wilhelm II that refused
plus Germany might've been able to take advantage of the rivalry between Russia and Austria on the Balkans to partition Austria together with Russia
Russia and Britain weren't on good terms due to the Crimean War, Great Game in Central Asia, and the Russo-Japanese War (Britain was allied to Japan)
if not for Germany's diplomatic blunders under Wilhelm II, it's really not far stretched at all to assume a Russo-German alliance could've lasted
>>
>>13317875
>Australia not part of Germany
Soulless
>>
>>13316732
t. the rest of Europe
>>
Ohhh
>>
File: What should've been.png (60 KB, 1200x1000)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>13317875
Serbia would 100% annex Montenegro in any scenario. The two already saw each other as cultural kin in the 1910's, and I'm pretty sure that even today Montenegro is like 90% Serb.
Also, would Germany go along with Magyarniggery? I know that Wilhelm II didn't want to annex the non-German lands, but I feel like He would have been more generous to Italy by giving them more coast and more generous to Romania because German king + oil. And since Magyars would already be mad about that you might as well give Yugoslavia more. Kinda like what happened in WW2
>>
>>13319607
>Magyars would already be mad about that you might as well give Yugoslavia more
If Central power won, Hungary wouldn’t accept defeat treaty.
>>
>>13319607
>Serbia would 100% annex Montenegro in any scenario. The two already saw each other as cultural kin in the 1910's, and I'm pretty sure that even today Montenegro is like 90% Serb.
yeah, it was Austria-Hungary that kept them separated, anyway.
>Also, would Germany go along with Magyarniggery?
I see no reason why not
>more generous to Italy by giving them more coast
they'd get the Austrian Littoral and Dalmatia in my scenario, which were historical Italian (Venetian) lands and everything Italy really wanted
>more generous to Romania
they got Bukovina in my scenario, but not sure if Russia wouldn't just want that too
in any case Romania would be the last to claim anything due to their weakness
>And since Magyars would already be mad
but they wouldn't be mad, in my scenario. They'd be happy in fact, since they got full independence and no loss of territory. No more shared rule with Vienna and full sovereignty.
>>
>>13315355
>goes to London, and tells English high society “I could destroy you all if I wanted to.”
>sends weapons to the Boer
>sends weapons to the IRA
>Tells Tirpitz to build a navy worthy of Mordor
>tried to trick France and England into war over the Fashoda affair like a true hand-rubbing son of Moses.
>starts a trade war against his country’s biggest trade partner, England.
>starts an undeclared Colonial war against the Portuguese, a British ally
>shocked and screeches about “Perfidious English” when they join the Entente
What the fuck was wrong with him? Could he really have been an autist?
>>
>>13315566
He should have allied with England, a natural ally turned enemy. Russia is shit. It was shit then. It’s shit now. Imagine preferring a medieval peasant serf economy over THE industrial power of the world at the time.
>>
>>13315688
If you can't identify the danger to British foreign policy that would force them into an alliance, then you can't put them on the map like that.
Britain avoided foreign entanglements unless somebody got caught fucking around with the Channel ports.
>>
File: What should've been.png (60 KB, 1200x1000)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>13319882
Ok I updated my map a bit. I was going to do a full Central's victory but I realized that I have no idea what the Germans would want off of West Europe so I didn't bother. Also I couldn't decide what the sides should be when it comes to the Balkans. Bulgaria wants Macedonia off of Greece and Serbia but Serbia and Bulgaria are Russian allies. Whenever I look into the period it seems that the existence of a Greater "Yugoslav" Serbia is at odds with the existence of a Greater Bulgaria
Though for certain Turks would lose.
>I see no reason why not
I just feel like with Serbia AND Italy wanting the Dalmatian coast, there's no way they would keep it, even OTL Hungary gave up on the slavic lands when they were trying to broker with the Entente. I gave it to Serbia because the land is a majority Yugoslav and Italy primarily laid claim to the southern regions anyway.
As for Romania, I just feel like they would want a lot out of Hungary and they are a more worthwhile ally than Hungary. You could also make the claim that if Germany can surround Hungary with its own allies, Hungary will be forced to play ball even if its with nations they hate.
>Russia
They can get turkish land. Plus their allies are expanding in the Balkans, I don't think they want anything there anyway
I also gave Italy the Italian part of South Tirol because why not?
>>
>>13319974
my scenario doesn't involve a big war, there would be no WW1
Germany, Russia, Italy, Serbia would be enough to peacefully dismantle Austria-Hungary, Hungary would even collaborate to get full independence from Vienna
>>
File: outcome of alternateww1.png (65 KB, 1200x1000)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>13317582
fuck poland
>>
>>13319973
>Britain avoided foreign entanglements

Belgium

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.