[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1628458361321.png (1.33 MB, 1280x720)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>U.S: Unironically creates peace in Europe for the first time in all of human history. Lasts from 45 till today, with the exception of the parts of Europe that weren't in the U.S sphere of influence.

>Europeans: despise and resent the U.S for having the audacity to stop them from killing and genociding each other

??? Why do Euros hate the fact that Americans civilized them?
>>
>>12670526
They hate the fact that some upstart colony barely a couple of centuries old was able to take control of the world
>>
>>12670542
I suppose it would be pretty embarrassing to be an thousand year old country with a rich and long history of murder, autism and genocide, and being civilized by a bunch of upstart Puritan offspring from the New World.

I can see how it'd hurt their fragile European egos.
>>
>>12670542
this is more or less accurate. They hated the US since the beginning, since before they even declared independence. And it really caboose clobbered them to see them export their culture to the entire world after the second world war while reducing their own nations into glorified fuel depots and airstrips.
>>
absolutely obsessed
>>
>>12670526
>>12670572
American "civilization", everyone
>>
>>12670526
>>12670542
>>12670572
>>12670578
I get that we're all having fun jerking each other off, Ameribros, but it is more than a bit naïve and undoubtedly self-serving to attribute all or even most of the role for the post-war European peace on the US. There was a genuine moral evolution on the part of Euros who recognized -- even before the world wars -- that their shared civilizational commonality outweighed destructive nationalist impulses (and older monarchical and sectarian bigotry). The pan-European initiative on the part of western European states (and even some eastern ones, at least rhetorically) that took the form of the European Coal and Steel Community (which later evolved into the European Economic Community and from their the E.U.) was a manifestation of this, and it didn't come from the US, which has in some sense always been a bit apprehensive of European integration.
>>
>>12670526
>>12670542
>>12670572
>>12670578
Hi TsarZoomer/Atticus_Freeman, are you still mad you got banned off reddit?
>>
File: 2fort.jpg (374 KB, 962x642)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>12670671
I didn't say anything about peace, just the anal annihilation
>>12670672
go back, then take your meds
>>
>>12670690
Don't pretend I haven't caught you red-handed lmao, I recognised you from a mile off
>>
>>12670671
No there wasn't. I'm sorry, I know it hurts Euros and Europhiles to admit it, but the peace in Europe was largely a development out of U.S hegemony in Western Europe; there's a reason that Eastern Europe in the same time period was not peaceful at all (Hungary 56, Czech 68) or even more recently (Collapse of Yugoslavia, Russian imperialist designs on eastern Ukraine etc)

The only reason Europe is peaceful today is because the U.S HEAVILY promoted European integration politically and militarily and gradually signed most major European nations into a U.S led self-defense pact that prohibits one member nation from attacking the other.

>>12670705
Meds, take them.
>>
>>12670526
I used to think USA was the greatest country on Earth until around a couple years ago. Trump's presidency made me dig deeper into its history, administration, laws and scandals and quickly realized how dysfunctional it is for a "Western" country. It is a great power and will be for the foreseeable future, but recent years along with the rise of China have hurt its prestige.
t. East Euro
>>
>>12670663
>2.24 gas
I wish
>>
>>12670663
Wtf how dare Europeans reject this fine instrument of humanity? What about all the peace we brought them???
>>
>>12670736
I think it’s still the greatest in some senses, but yeah it’s far from a paradise. Coronavirus is laying bare all our weaknesses and the country hasn’t been this divided in perhaps 2 generations. Still, things are only as bad as the 60s.
>>
>>12670723
You're aware the US is an Anglo settler-colony, right? What you're saying is that Europe civilised itself. Doesn't make sense
>>
>>12670777
You can't have it both ways. Europeans simultaneously deride the U.S as non-European, barbaric, backwards, uncultured and act like they have no similarity or cultural connection to it, but then when the U.S does something good or achieves something great (peace in Europe, landing on the moon, DARPA inventing the internet) they go "well, Americans are just a European settler country anyway! That was invented by a guy with a European immigrant father/mother therefore its not /really/ American!" etc etc
>>
>>12670663
I really hate power poles.
>>
>>12670663
European "civilization" everyone.
>>
>>12670827
America is a spin-off of Europe. It *is* its own thing, but its origins are undeniably European. I'm happy to give America credit when its due, but for the most part Europe is the better place to actually live in.
>>
>>12670868
The USA is by far the better place to live in if you have any actual ambition in life. If you want to live a mediocre existence you stay in Europe.
>>
File: k5gv3b7nhea81.png (1.87 MB, 1510x661)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>12670876
>If you want to live a mediocre existence you stay in Europe
Or if you want to, say, get around by walking, cycling, taking public transport, or basically any way other than driving. American cities are barely even cities, more like a gigantic sea of asphalt parking lots interrupted by the occasional building.

Europe has Rome, Paris, London, and Amsterdam. The US has... Detroit? Chicago? St. Louis? Like I said, I know where I would rather live.
>>
File: t1kfzeabdjb81.jpg (143 KB, 985x880)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>12670848
>>
>>12670918
>Or if you want to, say, get around by walking, cycling, taking public transport, or basically any way other than driving.
Exactly my point. If you want to live a mediocre poorfag life, you stay in Europe. If you want a chance to be successful and wealthy, you live in the USA.
>>
>>12670940
>I'm more free because I have less choice
American logic, everyone. You can still drive in Europe, but you have other options too
>>
>>12670948
Nobody cares about not being able to take public transportation retard, people can afford to own cars here. If you still want to walk around outside anyway, there's no rule saying you can't.
>>
>>12670970
American infrastructure is designed to make it virtually impossible to live without a car. Cars aren't a luxury if they're mandatory, are they?
>>
>>12670948
Don’t bother he won’t listen to him you’re a gommie trying to take away his illusion of free choice
>>
>>12670526
>U.S: Unironically creates peace in Europe for the first time in all of human history.

This is what americans ACTUALLY believe!
>>
File: 1642100874126.jpg (117 KB, 828x932)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>12670940
> Having a car is reserved to rich people
WTF.
European cities that have the smaller amount of cars are usually the richest cities because there are big, with a lot of public transport. I live a in one of the poorest cities in France and everyone has a car, because we don't have the choice lol...
>>
>>12670542
So Europeans hate what they created? Lmfao.
>>
>>12671003
The Big 3 American car companies are the most successful propagandists of history, you'll never get it through his thick head that his pile of bolts and steel that even third world jungle niggers own these days isn't a status symbol.
>>
>>12670979
They're both. Hence why if you're a poorfag, you move to Europe.
>>
>>12670940
>still believing in the myth of rags to riches and the american dream in general

Let me enlighten you.

https ://archive. ph/ePI4w
>>
Why is peace in Europe good? All it’s accomplished is the decline of each invididual European country
>>
>>12670526
America is the number one exporter of faggotry
>>
>>12670932
You do realize having your own home is a lot more private than being nuts to butts with your next door neighbor right?
>>
>>12670982
americans are more gommie than euros at the end of the day, euros want to preserve capitalism with retarded social democracy
>>
>>12670932
>>12670918
>>12670948

CARS BAD! CARS BAD! CARS BAD! You WILL sit by a sweaty, smelly faggot on the train. You WILL catch a cold every other day by commuting to work on a bus full of sick people germs.
>>
>>12671574
This. NATO and EU have turned Europeans into pussies.
>>
>>12671680
I just want to be able to walk anywhere I need to that’s important or take a train like the Japanese
>>
>>12671713
>Hurr durr war good because i have big testicles hurr durr Y chromosome hurr durr retvrn hurr durr women in wheatfields!

Shut the fuck up faggot. You've never experienced war and have grown up in the most privileged society in all of human existence; millions have bled to give you the life you have now, and you want to throw it all away to not be a "pussy?" War isn't fun and games and heroic charges you retarded fuck-wit, its your refugee family getting drone striked by the Ohio National Guard while you sit helplessly in a trench with diarrhea waiting to get struck with white phosphorous and die pathetically flailing on the ground having never accomplished or done anything worthwhile in your life at the age of twenty one.
>>
>>12670526
>Israel Colony: Unironically creates wars in Europe

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>12671720
>walk around anywhere i need

This would be impossible in 99% of America not because of "muh cars" but because the U.S isn't as densely packed and geographically small as many European nations. Euro nations are small enough that there rural and small-town areas can do this, but the U.S is too wide-spread.

The U.S also can't go the Japanese route because the land is still too big to just turn everything into one massive city which is basically what the Japs did.
>>
File: 1636994142008.jpg (313 KB, 2160x1884)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>12671761
What wars, you retarded neo-right thigh high wearing femboy faggot? The only wars created in Europe in the last 100 years were all started by who again? Europeans.

Name a single war IN Europe that the U.S started. I'll wait, you syrup-brained euro-slug rat piss stain. Name a SINGLE war IN Europe started by the U.S.
>>
>>12671574
>All it’s accomplished is the decline of each invididual European country
I'm not one of the people jacking off America in this thread, but Europe fucking forced itself into terminal decline through warfare man. WWI was basically the continent cutting its legs off, and WWII was it shooting itself in the stomach.
>>
>>12671786
Shut the fuck up and eat your burger you fat mutt
>>
>>12671794
Oh, what's that little retard bitch, can't name a war? Because there are none? Thought so, you low T euro subhuman. Keep taking the Yankee dick like a good dog.
>>
File: puj0aohlmib61.jpg (117 KB, 960x910)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>12670542
It's kinda funny, they are still in denial.
>>
>>12671807
Shouldn't you be sucking some negroe's toes at a george floyd worship rally? Piss off.
>>
>>12671764
If the Japanese can do it why can’t we
We put a person on the moon some simple common sense urban planning is not to much to fucking ask and I’m tired of boomers making a big deal of it
>>
ITT: americans coping with not being able to walk in their own cities
>>
File: aeaeaea.png (747 KB, 623x714)
747 KB
747 KB PNG
>>12671834
>piss off

Oh god, its even worse, its not just a Euro-rat, its a limey. No wonder you want to kill yourself.

Keep barking, dog.
>>
>>12671847
driving a car is legitimately more comfy, especially in cold weather
>>
File: 1639424815296.png (1.21 MB, 4592x3196)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>12670868
I'm not so sure about that. U.S has a higher HDI and quality of life index than basically every European country with the exception of a small handful, specifically the Nordics.
>>
>>12671658
And europe it's happiest customer.
>>
>>12671845
>Bro it is easy. Just make all of America just dense like New York City. It will be like a big mega city! How hard can it be?
retard
>>
File: 530.jpg (63 KB, 802x607)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>12670526
War is European culture. The fact that we're in peace is disgusting American treachery. The reason depression is so high here is because we don't get to murder and die for our countries.
You're also Jewish. Fuck you kike.
>>
>>12671952
Fucking can’t stand you boomers when you die en masse we are razing this advertisement rats nest and rebuilding from scratch
>>
File: gordon-wood-2018.jpg (105 KB, 800x800)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>12671999
>War is European "culture".

Yes, Euro-slug, we were already aware that you're subhuman chimps even lowlier than the lowest Australian aboriginal.
>>
>>12670526
European civilization is supposed to be the perfect blend between nature and society. Both in the literal sense and behavior. War is nature and by taking it away, we are becoming more and more like bugmen.
>>
>>12672008
>just build a continent spaming megacity lol It is easy who needs rural areas?
I'm glad I won't have to live through your zoomer idiocrasy.
>>
>>12671999
Yeah that worked out so well for you guys the last two times. Need I remind you just WHY there even is an EU these days, you fucking retard? You faggots completely destroyed yourselves, and then you have the audacity to say that doing it again would be good for you. Yeah retard, I'm sure that a full-scale modern war with 80 years of advancements since the last one would be just a fun little walk in the park and not obliterate the fucking place to smithereens. I'm sure you'd be far happier once your countries were flattened to such a degree that you'd be easy pickings for any even remotely competent power to swoop in and do away with even the faintest notion of sovereignty.
>>
>>12670848
Lmao that's unironically in my city not far away. Where did you find the picture? It's the poorest region of the city but it's still mega comfy.
>>
>>12672046
>rat nest buildings
>comfy

Absolute state of euro-cels
>>
>>12670671
to be honest European integration started with NATO, not the European Coal and Steel Community. And of course the US was behind it
>>
>>12672067
not true. NATO was founded after the Treaty of Brussels (1948), which was an Anglo-French initiative that also included the Benelux
>>
>>12672042
This, if there were another major war in Europe it would probably shatter the continent just from the implications of how much tech has advanced and how much larger the scale could be. American undeniably has its boot up Europe's ass right now, but that would just end with America, China, and whatever other power was able to project enough in direct control of the continent. At best it would probably be forcefully united into a crippled rump state.
>>
File: Screenshot_7776.png (1.43 MB, 796x594)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>12672061
My man you live in this shit. Your kid can punch a hole through wall and you can go to court if you don't cut your grass.
>>
>>12672103
>every american lives in a suburb
>>
>>12672135
>every eastern-euro lives in a commie-block
>>
File: facts.gif (811 KB, 160x160)
811 KB
811 KB GIF
Globalization, peace, and materialism are not the American way. We need to return to our Anglo Saxon culture of toughness, austerity, and adventurousness, but of course that’s never going to happen.
>>
This thread has convinced me Americans need genocide. Hopefully China does the world a service by nuking them out of existence.
>>
>>12672146
Yes that's something I never claimed
>>
>>12672304
Yeah you kinda did use it as a sole example of European housing so I used those suburs as sole example of the American housing. Fair and square.
>>
>>12671786
The war in Ukraine was started when a CIA-backed colour revolution toppled the democratically elected government and replaced it with pro-western stooges, prompting Russia to annex Crimea and sparking a rebellion in the Donbas
>>
>>12671786
>>12671807
>>12671849
>>12672012
>>12672042
>>12672061
you're practically pissing yourself with apoplectic rage over literally nothing, it's hilarious. Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBIhHZbSX3Y

What is it with Americans and flailing about with pathetic, impotent rage?
>>
>>12672311
>Yeah you kinda did use it as a sole example of European housing
No, I didn't.
>>
>>12670526
The noble European loves war
>>
>>12672359
Americans are the descendants of the castoffs of Europe and elsewhere, they're poor genetic stock
>>
>>12670526
a long collective history of being shifty snakes eternally trying to fuck over their neighbors and eventually the world for their clay. the euro will knife someone theyve been friends with and received good treatment from right in the back the moment it suits them. sycophantic rats who speak lofty and act either scummy or impotently
>>
>>12670526
It isn't the civilization part. Everyone who has an IQ above room temperature hates your culture, it often seems quite barbaric to Europe.

The part that most europeans hate, is that the US has a big influence on Europe and that we are in many areas a vassal state of the US. That you were many times hypocrits and were using european states for your interests. Another big factor is, that you guys were always against a too deep integration of Europe. I wish that the US would get out of Europe, so that Europe would be forced to spend more on the military and work more together and exactly for that reason it isn't going to happen. And I wish that the US would stop intervening in domestic political decision (US intervening to stop french digital tax against Facebook and Amazon, or the US intervening to force Germany to buy american plans instead of letting them to purly focus on the next gen european planes and so on...), just like the EU isn't intervening in the US. And this all leaves the aftertaste of a master-slave relationship. Many wish for a strong US-Europe relationship, but on fair and equal terms. Isn't going to happen anyway.

Nothing against the average american, it's political.
>>
The US did not create peace in Europe, the structure of the European Union did.

Why am I even bothering this is just another shitposting thread by mutts.
>>
>>12670970
American here, actually no. The poorest people in society here (which is a large chunk) actually can't afford cars and rent at the same time and due to how car obsessed this place is, it basically makes them eternally stuck in poverty.

Car culture was the worst thing to happen to the US ever, it's why all our cities are disgusting sprawls of endless strip malls, it's why nobody walks or bikes, it's entirely responsible for the nightmare that is suburbs.
>>
>>12670663
I would rather kill french people in the trenches again than live in that hellhole
>>
>>12670970
Most people here can’t afford cars they buy them with high interest loans and are always one accident away from bankruptcy
>>
>>12671874
Sure your healtcare is ''better'' but you need to go in dept to afford any of it and it is not widely available as in europe, your higher income is extremely unevenly divided an things like environment are easy to win when your country is the size of europe. For the acual average person the living standart is lower in the US
>>
>>12670932
Both images are disgusting. Much better to not share a wall and the elevator
>>
Most of my problems regarding both parties are:
Europe became complaisant and decadent thanks to the peace and prosperity and is happy to let the USA handle shit for then which means their are becoming more irrelevant with each day. I hate the French but they really seem to be the only once interested on EU remaing a power, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Spain are all in shambles politically, economically or both, Germany is completely economic centered and relays too much on EU for actual global power, UK already jump ship only so they can suck America off better, Poland is the only other country who takes itself seriously in matters of defense and it's a fucking joke at it, Scandis and Low countries are absolutely chucked and everyone else is a meme or another disaster in the making and there is Russia whom the west should be antagonizing but instead trying to cozy with so they can face China together.
Meanwhile the USA keeps making the most retarded things ever in a daily basis while China grows stronger and more influential.
>>
>>12672954
>I hate the French but they really seem to be the only once interested on EU remaing a power
France only wants itself to be a power. de gaulle literally wrote that an EU would only be good if it gave france the same power back it had during napoleon. The whole reason the Euro even exists is because France wanted to tie West Germany to them because they were afraid of being dominated economically. Luckily they totally prevented that but now we are stuck with that useless currency
>>
>>12670526
>Creates peace in Europe
How many Asian, Middle East, and African countreis have you destabalized again, creating political and social turmoil in Europe before running away.

Common trait in Americans is they lack self-awreness, physician heal thyself.
>>
>>12672103
dude, the suburbs are undeniabley better them those comblocks. you get a higher sqft, youre not sharing walls with anyone and you have your own yard.
>>
File: PBF-Deeply_Held_Beliefs.png (30 KB, 700x1162)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
Seething Euros are the reason why I because a Jingoistic and are probably the number reason contributor to my current beliefs.
>>
>>12670663
What's so bad about this? This is a business-zoned part of town. The places people live are in the background near all those trees (the trees are in people's yards). You don;t seriously think people live on streets like this, do you? Because it's very, very rare that they do.

Europeans, this might come as a surprise to you , but America has tons of extra space, we have big expanses with nobody living in it and people like to live close to their neighbors near the comfy land and make businesses live on the cruddy parts where the basements would flood if actual people lived there. So we can afford to do dumb shit like this because most people only spend about 25 minutes in places like this each day. It's a totally different lifestyle, nobody walks anywhere because fuck carrying groceries, you walk to peoples houses and if you are going to a store or something you drive there because everyone lives in the same comfy little residential district and the businesses and shit gets ghettoed off into strips malls like this.
>>
>>12670526
>peace in Europe
>flooding Germany with turks by the 70s
Rape gangs aren't peace, Pablo.
>>
>>12670690
>VB
shit taste
>filename
The fuck does 2fort have to do with this
>>
>>12670663
I genuinely don't see the problem with that picture, besides the obnoxious power lines. It's a bunch of services arranged efficiently that people drive to to do errands; I doubt anyone actually lives within 2 miles of where that pic was taken.
>>
>>12670526
>peace in Europe
>from 45 till today
Yugoslavia is not in Europe I guess
>>
>>12672042
>Rawr I'm gay blah blah blah words words words
Shut up leftist.
>>
>>12673865
>This is a business-zoned part of town.
Zoning (at least to the extent it is carried out in the US) is one of the things that makes American cities unpleasant to live in.

>Europeans, this might come as a surprise to you , but America has tons of extra space, we have big expanses with nobody living in it
That only helps to explain distances between cities, not within them.

>It's a totally different lifestyle, nobody walks anywhere because fuck carrying groceries
But that's the problem, driving isn't a choice, it's mandatory, as well as all the problems that comes with it (road rage, traffic accidents, etc.)

You should check out the youtube channels Not Just Bikes and Eco Gecko, they talk a lot about the negative social impacts that car-centric urban design has on societies.
>>
>>12670876
The myth of the american self made man is bullshit. You had and still have plenty of start ups in Europe. Skype, Bluetooth, Spotify, Revolut, etc. We just don't worship billionaires.
I'm a balkaner from an ex communist country and I make 150k as a lawyer working for a french-spanish consortium that opened a branch in my country. Of course I'm an outlier but if you think that more than 5-10% of americans land the high paying jobs you're deluded. I come from a poor family even by my country's standards too but university is free and my country of 3 million people even pays for the best students to go study abroad. I did 1 year in Spain and 1 in Austria. Didn't pay a dime and even got a monthly allowance just to study.
I don't think anyone but nigger hood rats that are good at sports get that kind of deal in the US.
>>
>>12675452
>Pointing out that Europe would blow itself up to the point where it would become the plaything of other world powers is "leftism"
Ok retard.
>>
File: 1573499186088.jpg (170 KB, 768x1024)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>this whole thread
Holy fuck, Western Euros are psychotic. And they dare call us East Europeans "butthurt" when we talk about Russia. Take your meds schizos, seriously.
>>
>>12676529
This
>We love warfare!
>We'd happily destroy the continent again if we could!
>Fucking Americans, if only you'd leave so we could slaughter each other again, then we'd be less depressed!
What the actual fuck am I reading?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.