[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IS-2_tank_Krakow.jpg (107 KB, 800x600)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>Eh, nothing personal, Krautz
>>
During the battle (Second Battle of Târgu Frumos), Hasso von Manteuffel, commander of the Grossdeutschland division, first encountered the new Soviet Stalin tank, "It was at Târgu Frumos that I first met the Stalin tanks. It was a shock to find that, although my Tigers began to hit them at a range of 3,000 metres, our shells bounced off, and did not penetrate them until we had closed to half that distance. But I was able to counter the Russians' superiority by manoeuvre and mobility, in making the best use of ground cover."[10] Manteuffel also noted that the Stalin tanks had several "disadvantages: slow, not manoeuvrable enough; as well, in my opinion their crews were not sufficiently familiar with the tank."
>>
>>12363172
Were the gun commander and/or gun loader seats mounted on the turret or the hull?
>>
>>12363172
Cool
>>
>>12363178
This sort of clear, sober, report-writing is nice to read.
>>
>*shoots at Tiger*
>*misses by 5 m*
>*Tiger destroyed*
>>
File: rise of the reds eca.png (243 KB, 640x480)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>12365077
>>12363172
ywnbaw
>>
>>12363178
>twitter trannies get mad when stuff like this is used by Mark Felton or other historians as it's somehow irrelevant or "glorification" of nazi Germany despite being matter of fact and simply recounting the order of battle

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.