[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have never seen a good argument against Christianity
>>
Your very presence is a very good one.
>>
Jesus never existed

Hint: you can concede this argument and still make christianity work
>>
>>12361916
Not an argument

>>12361922
This has been factchecked and debunked

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/awake-no5-2016-october/did-jesus-really-exist/
>>
File: 1621698903925.jpg (2 KB, 125x124)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
The Earth isn't six thousand years old.
>>
>>12361960
God created the universe, including the earth, in the indefinite past—“in the beginning,” as Genesis 1:1 says.

Modern science agrees that the universe had a beginning.

A recent scientific model suggests it to be almost 14 billion years old.

The Bible also describes six “days” of creation. However, it does not say that these were 24-hour days. (Genesis 1:31)

In fact, the Bible uses the word “day” to refer to various lengths of time.

For example, it calls the entire period of creation “the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.” (Genesis 2:4)

Evidently, these “days” of creation lasted many thousands of years.—Psalm 90:4.
>>
Christian moral innovations can be restated in secular terms using ratioscientific language. Supernaturalism can't be disentangled from biblical literalism (obviously). This magical thinking is the basis for a great many lies which do a great deal of damage.
I won't continue with this line of thinking until you elucidate your position.
>>
>>12361910
give me a good argument for christianity that isnt based on morals first
>>
>>12361910
Christianity has failed to accurately diagnose problems of labor and capital, things which can be demonstrably too. Therefore, it's wrong.
Don't say that it isn't meant to be a religion in control of all systems. If it wanted to just be a personal faith and philosophy, it should've been buddhism
>>
Because you don't want.
It's as ridiculous as any other religion you find ridiculous
>>
>>12361910

>I have never seen a good argument against Christianity

Which one?
>>
>>12361910
The only real 'good' argument against Christianity is the problem of evil, all the other arguments display peoples ignorance.
>>
>>12361910
How about Jesus being a failed apocalyptic prophet who thought the world would end in his lifetime?
>>
>>12361910
>theres a magical guy who used to hang out in the universe but now he doesnt
lol prove it nigga
>>
OP got real silent....
>>
>>12361922
>Jesus never existed
>
>Hint: you can concede this argument and still make christianity work
Nope, we must believe Jesus Christ really died for our sins. You can't make it work by believing Jesus never existed.
>>
>>12361910
>I have never seen a good argument against Christianity

Provide strict, specific and detailed criteria that (you) would accept, specifying what is a good argument against the inerrancy of the Bible.
>>
When you think about it its too mysterious to disprove and it doesn't mean what it looks like it means. No wonder the catholics guarded the bible closely, its just too deep. Only a few Men are capable of understanding it and telling the ignorant what must be done.
>>
>>12361960
The Bible doesn't say so, that is our Biblical take on the Creation as a child understands God. It's a good one too, is it any wonder why Colleges and Universities and unbelievers prey upon christians by promotion of fear as a means of unconvertion? If your tactics rely upon science as a means to scare christians away, God will use fear against you. Stupid schizos.
>>
File: GEN1.jpg (463 KB, 1625x607)
463 KB
463 KB JPG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.