[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 800px-PhilipandNikon.jpg (344 KB, 800x982)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
Nikon was an antichrist, the Nikon liturgy isn't the true liturgy, it's Satanic. Become an Old Believer.
>>
First JW's and Iconoclasts and now Old believer online larpers?
is this board a den of schizo's?
>>
>>12107283
>is this board a den of schizo's?
Yes and it’s most based for it
>>
The only thing I know about old believers is that they use 2 fingers to do the cross and live somewhere in Siberia, Amish style

redpill me on them
>>
>>12107300
I heard they fled down to modern day Moldova and created a separate orthodox old believers church after the czars persecution
>>
>>12107300
They are based, and they called the tzar for what he is.
A fucking cocksucker.

Also, they are weird, but they are way less corrupt and more fanatical than conventional Orthodox church.
>>
>>12107300
There's also basically a colony of them in Oregon somehow
>>
>>12107300
>Patriarch notices his liturgical books differ from the greeks
>He assumes Russia drifted and aligns the liturgy to the greek style
>mostly minor changes, biggest ones being sign of the cross changing (Orthodox have strong writings on HAVING to do that right) and processions going counterclockwise (which doesn't actually make sense how the church is set up)
>bunch of people freak out and act like it's the endtimes
>tsar tells them to deal with it or die
>they go into hiding or do stupid stuff to get martyred
>most them lose any bishops so they have no priests or deacons either
>start getting a bunch of absolutely crazy beliefs in some sects
>because they can't interact with Russian society on penalty of death, they become self sufficient farmers
>more recent studies prove the Russian style was actually the older style to begin with
>Orthodox say sorry and let them back with their own rites with no problem
>the only ones that remain are crazy apocalyptists and ethno-religious supremacists
>>
>>12107300
Basically Orthodox Protestants.
>>
>>12107676
More like Orthosedes.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.