[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Say whatever you want about them but their collapse was the single most disastrous event for the Middle East.
>>
>>11930027
>ekhem
Manzikert
>fucks off to ancient Sarmatia
>>
>>11930027
It's also true for North Africa and Balkans (The Powderkeg)
>>
>>11930027
I didn't know that Erdogan posts on /his/

الموت الى الباشا! عاشت الأمة العربية!
>>
>>11930027
Nationalism destroyed the Empire
Imagine how much blood wouldn't have been shed if the circassian-armenian-greek-slavic-assyriann mutts that are """turks""" stopped trying to create a fake identity
>>
>>11930512
this. the ottoman empire was unironically the best thing for the balkans since the roman empire. the second they kicked the ottomans out, they became a shithole and started global conflicts. balkaniggers are the kind of people that need to be ruled over with an iron fist by a foreign empire to be kept in line for their own good
>>
>>11930027
not the middle east
I'd say balkans
>>
>>11930027
I'd say the sack of Baghdad is pretty up there.
>>
>>11930713
>>11930726
Imagine how much bloodshed could've been averted, if all these niggers have had some God-fearing humility and a minimal amount of loyalty. If they simply had enjoyed their comfy lifes in the multicultural empire, instead of chimping out against each other based on false perceptions of divide, the Balkans and the Middle East would have been paradise today.
>>
>>11931090
I feel the exact same way, not about the ottoman empire with regards to the balkans but I do feel that way about the european powers and their colonies
>>
>>11931207
i don't. the colonies were a drain on europe. if they want resources they can just import thirdies and have companies bring the resources over
>>
>>11931224
but if the colonized just had some god fearing humility they could have enjoyed the benefits of a multi cultural empire no? Just like you said with the slavs?
>>
>>11930027
their existence was the single most disastrous event for the Middle East.
>>
>>11930027
The fact that they became so incompetent they collapsed in the first place was the disastrous event that ruined the middle east.
>>
File: 1590243909314 (1).gif (804 KB, 1104x834)
804 KB
804 KB GIF
>>11930027
i'd destroy it again
>>
>>11932599
>1920
Wtf happened there and how did they regain the current Turkish borders?
>>
>>11930027
You mean the sack of Baghdad?
>>
1920 borders in it are not exact. France had a “zone of influence” over southeast Anatolia and Italy had declared influence over southern Anatolia. Greece had Izmir and the international zone also was in the northwest. Istanbul was under international control. Ataturk happened and they chased the occupation forces out along with destroying the Ottoman Empire.
>>
>>11930027
It was certainly quite a nice thing for them when Islamic civilization had a clear leader. Now we're left with petty states like Iran and Saudi Arabia squabbling for the scraps. The Ottomans were great in their day but unfortunately they couldn't convert their minorities or mechanize their economy properly in the end.
>>
>>11932820
WWI, how are you so historically illiterate?
>>
>>11930027
>arabs and slavs start genociding each other instead of being genocided by ottoman turks who had a backward economic system
Wow this was such a decrease
>>
>>11932820

The Turkish War of Independence happened.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.