[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 48 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1613260239432.jpg (64 KB, 661x623)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
I just learned about the military reaction force that faked/psyoped terrorist attacks in Northern Ireland to keep the troubles going artificially.

Why did the British do it bros?
>>
In what I learned from the British, especially during Empire times, they pretty much acted like racist Jews when it came to their enemies (Irish, Germans, etc).

They also did despicable shit with the Irish, like taking Irish women and sending them as quasi slaves (indentured servants) to work alongside Blacks in the Americas (where they often served as sex slaves).

The Irish really have a right to hate the British, at least the elites.
>>
>>10518082
The British will never change.
>>
>>10518082
Holy based Brits
Survival of the fittest
>>
>>10518082
the irish were so loyal and unyieldingly faithful to papism they endured cuckoldry, and what did all this torment and suffering bring them?
>>
>>10518114

Except that in the end, they build nothing that mattered in racial terms. The English are going extinct. Only their language stays.

It's not survival of the fittest whatsoever. They've just become mental Jews. Their biggest pride is the banking industry. As Napoléon called them "A Nation of Merchants".
>>
>>10518143
The Brits are survival of the fittest in their purest form because they defeated every power that challenged them and their cultural descendants (US) are the present-day world conquerors, infusing their language and culture to every corner of the world.
>racial terms
Who cares. Jimi Hendrix was black, made his name in the UK, and influenced rock guitar all over the world. Hence everything he did can be attributed to Britain.
>>
>>10518185
The Brits are a people not a land.
>>
>>10518185

If you think civilisations are not decided by demographics & race, I can't help you.

Have fun being ruled by Chinese homogeneous Han invaders though.
>>
>>10518082
>tfw no beautiful Irish sex slave
>>
>>10518143
They were doing fine until the late 19th century, then something changed. They went from energetic adventurous alphas who assumed control over large swathes of the earth to neurotics constantly beating themselves up and apologizing for, what, nothing the previous rulers didn't.
>>
>>10518245
they were for black slaves only
>>
>>10518211
The Brits stopped being a people when they stepped into France.
>>10518234
They aren't. Simple genetic drift would already invalidate that.
>Have fun being ruled by Chinese homogeneous Han invaders though.
Ironic of you to make this argument, as the "homogenous Han" are made up multiple bastard lineages, thousands of years removed. By making this argument, you implicitly agreed with me.
>>
When the IRA exploded the bomb in Enniskillen in November of 1987, they did their cause irreparable harm from the military perspective. Because they blew up 11 innocent Protestant civilians in probably the most sacred day of their year commemorating their war dead. So, what it demonstrated to begin with was a total insensitivity of Protestant people.

Then they tried to claim that this was something which actually had been created by the British. That backfired very badly and a leading member of IRA said the Enniskillen bombing had badly damaged the IRA’s morale, credibility and reputation.

Politically it’s going to have a long-term effect, possibly for years. It allows the British to slot us into the category of terrorists, and that’s bad, he was quoted as saying. Enniskillen hasn’t impeded the operational capacity of the IRA and it won’t. But politically and internationally it is a major setback.
>>
>>10518143
>angry at Jews
>quotes Napoleon
You should be celebrating Wellington.
>>
>>10518282
Was that the bombing in which the police was called prior, but did not evacuate the area? That was sketchy.
>>
Troubles is full of all sorts of shit. If I recall correctly, a member of the British government wanted a Loyalist paramilitary to shoot up a Catholic all-girls school to keep things going.
>>10518282
I've seen multiple leading IRA men say that the retards who did that bombing fucked them over big time.

Generally when it comes to the Troubles, nobody has a moral high-ground. But in terms of which "side" was "worse", the British side take it by far.
>>
>>10518326
>But in terms of which "side" was "worse",
Without the British army in place, the situation in NI would be much worse.
>>
Being an Ulster Loyalist must be the most blackpilling thing in the world. I don't even make fun of them anymore because I just feel too bad.
>Belfast: Catholic majority
>Derry: Catholic majority
>NI as a whole: predicted Catholic majority in a few years
>Unionist parties no longer have a majority in government
>Belfast rapidly becoming a Nationalist stronghold
>11th/12th July sectarianism finally being targeted by police/government
>"Safe" unionist seats now in nationalist hands
>Everything riding on the DUP, who are corrupt as fuck and who's majority bubble is expected to burst soon
>Constant reminders that actual Britons don't care about you
>More people becoming aware that Loyalists have never really been able to fight the IRA
>Queens University is a Republican den

All this with the 100th Anniversary of Northern Ireland seeing an Irish Sea Border introduced, during Covid so no big parades, all while Irish Nationalism has never been stronger. I used to enjoy making fun of them but now I just feel bad. They'll post their big paisley pepes and say "heh, dumb fenians" likely just to stay in the fantasy. What a grim existence.
>>
>>10518359
Probably. However by working with and arming Loyalist paramilitaries, they fucked themselves over forever by alienating Irish Nationalists.
>>
>>10518359
Without the British Army in place, the Irish would have reunified the country and ended the war permanently.
>>
>>10518390
No, they wouldn't have. Don't be a retard. The IRA were not the government of Ireland.
>>
>>10518390
Irish are uncivilized savages and have no right to rule Ulster
>>
File: EkAV-2CX0AEakFK.jpg (270 KB, 1440x1086)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>10518411
>>>/int/
>>
>>10518404
The Irish government actually drew up plans for an invasion of NI after bloody sunday, and then the military politely told them that they'd get BTFO.

No redcoats, no problem. The country would be reunified in 1972, the Protestants would sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up, and there would be no issue. The British Army created the troubles by supporting an unjust regime.
>>
Reality is that Ireland should be an independent nation (including the North), and so should Scotland and Wales.

Realise that the UK is one of the last non-nation state relic of Monarchism/Imperialism in Europe.

Pretty sad really, and the English are keeping the Scots, Irish, and Welsh independence movements cucked with...Economic incentives.

What's ironic though (and im saying this as a French dude) is that with BREXIT, these independent movements can get going maybe, because the economic incentive is actually to leave the English behind.
>>
File: henryii17.jpg (33 KB, 300x400)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>10518441
If you had not killed your king, you would realize that divine monarchy is the best system
>>
>>10518427
>being this retarded
Setting aside the ludicrous notion that Ulster Loyalists would have shrugged and called it a day, the presence of the British Army was not controversial. It was them siding with the Ulster Loyalists that caused the problem. In this fantasy world where the British Army pull out and the British Government give up (which again, they were never going to do) the north-east would be incredibly instable, and Ireland would have suffered immense political and economic ramifications that would have fucked them over at a time when they really, really wouldn't have needed it.

Absolutely any scenario that suggests a "United Ireland" happening during or as a result of the Troubles is a LARP.
>>
>>10518365
>>Belfast: Catholic majority
>>Derry: Catholic majority
>>NI as a whole: predicted Catholic majority in a few years
Catholic=/=wanting to sink to southern barbars.
>>Unionist parties no longer have a majority in government
>>Belfast rapidly becoming a Nationalist stronghold
>>11th/12th July sectarianism finally being targeted by police/government
>>"Safe" unionist seats now in nationalist hands
>>Everything riding on the DUP, who are corrupt as fuck and who's majority bubble is expected to burst soon
Elections are meaningless. They have the worth of Facebook surveys, and people change their mind on a dime. Natsis would have to have consistent super-super-majorities (95%) to have a sliver of chance. Simple majority=have fun getting in your car.
>>Constant reminders that actual Britons don't care about you
>>More people becoming aware that Loyalists have never really been able to fight the IRA
>>Queens University is a Republican den
Wow, such delusion I don't even know where to start.
1-A fucking university LOL
2-Celebrating the death toll of terrorists
3-Thinking the IRA were actually good at fighting and not just given pity ignorance by Britain because they were too irrelevant to be of consequence
4-Thinking Britons don't care about Loyals (you probably think Westminister is a derogatory term LOL). Hows that vaccine coming along?
>>
>>10518037
the irish spent 800 years fighting to be seperate from england but literally are obsessed with england now they are free, like england doesnt care about ireland but the irish have no personality other than hating the english and blaming all their problems on the english, meanwhile they import more immigrants than the uk so they are gunna lose their country less than 200 years after independence lol
>>
>>10518441
>the guy that genocided all his cultural minorites for "French identity" is scolding the UK
>>
File: 12troubles2.jpg (283 KB, 1180x585)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>10518474
>Catholic =/= Republican
I didn't imply that all Catholics are Republicans. But there exists no Unionist party in NI that doesn't have a well established anti-irish or anti-catholic reputation. Most Catholic "Unionists" are the rich north-down sorts.
>Elections are meaningless
No, they aren't.
>Have fun getting in your car
What? There will never be another Troubles.
>A fucking University LOL
My post is about what Loyalists are upset about.
>Celebrating death-toll of terrorists
What?
>Thinking the IRA are good at fighting
I didn't say anything of the sort, but I doubt you know much about the IRA.
>Thinking Britons don't care about Loyals
Ulster Loyalists themselves have quite literally written songs about the fact

What the utter fuck are you talking about? I know you're trying to do le epic btfo post but your entire post is meaningless bleating. My post was a list of reasons why Ulster Loyalists are angry/upset/disillusioned with the state of NI today.
>>
File: EXpxBE2XYAI1Aru.jpg (212 KB, 1238x946)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>10518485
>The Irish spent 800 years fighting to be separate from England
No, they didn't.
>Obsessed with England
The vast majority of Ireland's history is either confined to Ireland, or to interactions with Britain. Why are you surprised?
>Irish have no personality
>Muh immigrants
>>>/pol/

Every time with you retards. People turdpost shite like this then have the audacity to say that /his/ is full of "irish people complaining." For every actual post of an Irish person "complaining" there's 500 retards giving embarrassingly bad opinions about Ireland/it's history.
>>
>>10518463

Ironic to say, friend, since the British were the first to have a cucked Monarchy (Magna Carta), whilst we French had the real Monarchy (Absolute).

I believe in a true Racial Monarchy of old (most apt leader of the people, leading his people). I do not believe in integrating foreign cultures inside a realm though (like British did with Irish). If you study French Monarchy, we always only annex Francophone areas (like Belgium which shouldnt be a country :D)
>>
>>10518500
>My post was a list of reasons why Ulster Loyalists are angry/upset/disillusioned with the state of NI today.
And I'm telling you you're deluded because they know the crown has done more for them than Irish ever will. NI vaccination program is one of the best in the world because it's subsidized by OUR resources, and Ireland's program is a joke (although that's to be expected when your government is more concerned with how to be a tax haven!).
>>
File: 1922.png (847 KB, 601x900)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
>>10518645
>you are deluded about ulster loyalists being angry because [blithering about current affairs]
My post was about reasons so many Ulster Loyalists are angry/upset/disillusioned. I know what point you're trying to make, it's just that it has nothing to do with my post. I said that a lot of Ulster Loyalist upset at the moment comes from not only the things I listed but many other things, which makes it a very frustrating political view to have. I don't know if you're so insecure about Unionism that you feel that it was an attack on the Union itself, but your anger is very strange.

If you want to bleat and whinge about current NI politics go argue with unemployed shinnerbots in the beltel comments section, retard.
>>
File: illyrianprov.gif (6 KB, 356x292)
6 KB
6 KB GIF
>>10518537
>If you study French Monarchy, we always only annex Francophone areas
>>
>>10518308
IRA warning calls were notoriously vague and often incorrect
>>
>>10518537
>we always only annex Francophone areas
>>
>>10518537
>only annex Francophone areas
>>
>>10518441
Scotland keeps voting no to independence, Northern Ireland wishes to remain part of the United Kingdom and there is no credible case for Welsh independence, you're a retard
>>
>>10518537
>Francophone areas
>>
>>10518785
>he thinks Normans were french

ohnononono
>>
>>10518786
The final redpill is that Ireland avoiding civil war and uniting in the years following was a better path, and the intended path of the British and Irish sides. The secret ending is Home Rule being successfully implemented prior to WW1, and the Irish Revolution never happening.
>>
>>10518768
Catalonia, northern italy and the rhineland were also clearly fracophone
>>
>>10518359
Read the OP the Brits organised terrorist psyops to keep the troubles going. This gave them the "we need to stop terrorism" motive to step in.
Think about it. It all makes a rather unusual picture:
>Margaret Thatcher funnelled money to the death squads in Northern Ireland
>The British deliberately let the IRA blow up pubs with civilians inside them even though the IRA had warned them(which is blatant terrorism)
>And wasn't Michael Batteney a double agent?
>Frank Kitson and his book on terrorism
I guess it would have been harder for them to justify their presence in NI unless they commit some acts of terror themselves. It was a dirty war.
>>10518365
Do you think Westminster is ready to let it go? I think they'd hold onto it if they could.
>>
File: 1614090120806.jpg (75 KB, 442x418)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>10518234
>Chinese homogeneous Han invaders
Lmao seething and copepilled
>>
>>10518938
>Do you think Westminster is ready to let it go?
Nah. Generally I think they probably would if they felt they could, but we're not there yet. Publicly I doubt they'll ever stop saying they support NI staying in the UK, but I highly doubt that many tears will be shed if it ever leaves considering the boost it would allow for Britain-as well as how many problems it'll solve.

There's not going to be a United Ireland for a long time, though. Probably not even a border poll. Smart Unionists are calling for a border poll now because Unionism would win, but the majority of Unionism isn't great at political strategy and will just dig the heels in.
>>
>>10518037
That’s how they won the troubles. It was smart to discredit the IRA insurgency as terrorists and lose international sympathy. It wouldn’t surprise me, in fact I believe it, that a lot of terror attacks on civilians were conducted by British agents within the IRA to give them a bad name and lose both local and international support. I’ve read that towards the end 1 in 2 IRA insurgents was an informer or spy and did a lot of killing and framing of non spies to get rid off dangerous people or cause in fighting. Over two decades later so many former British spies have come forth with such accounts and written books.
And it worked, in the end the IRA lost support and gave up the fight and accepted British rule.
>>
>>10519006
I don't think it's right to say they "won." What did they win?
>NI stays in the UK
That was never up for debate, nor was it what the Troubles was about.
>IRA goes bye bye
Only they wound up free or in the government.
>Peace
I guess? But Nationalists wanted that too.

The only group who gained anything out of the Troubles were the Irish Nationalists.
>accepted British Rule
Only they "accepted" such a weak and devolved version of it alongside law that grants them Irish citizenship and access to many all-island programs and organisations, as well as an infinitely repeatable vote to leave. Keep in mind that "the IRA" were not the be-all-end-all of the Irish side of the Troubles.
>>
taigs and their cringey orbiters are mentally ill
>>
File: IC_Dev.jpg (17 KB, 387x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>
>>10518537
>we always only annex Francophone areas

anon svp
>>
>>10518185
>Jimi Hendrix was black, made his name in the UK, and influenced rock guitar all over the world. Hence everything he did can be attributed to Britain.
Spoke like a true Englishman
>>
>>10518786
>keeps voting no to independence
voted no by 6% in the one and only time it was asked, and has voted a party with the express purpose of independence a majority in a proportional rep system designed to make majorities as hard as possible every election since
>>
>>10518270
not him but that's actually not how it really works with the han, they managed to absorb the ethnic groups they conquered into the han people, not the other way around, and before you argue with me and say that makes them multi-ethnic, multicultural multiracial whatever, consider that the english did the same shit with the peoples of the british isles and they are still viewed as a homogenous ethnic group, despite there being noticeable celtic admixture among the english population
>>
File: 1484484869014.jpg (352 KB, 1151x900)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>10519154
Absolutely based post.
>>
>>10518365
I used to hate them but when I went there it was depressing. I hate the brits and hate that they control any part of Ireland but those people died for them and they don't respect that. The common feeling among the bongs about the troubles is "why should we care about mics killing each other" England doesn't care about N-Ireland and never did. The second industry dried up it lost it's use to them since it was never more than a colony to them. Unionists were used and tossed aside. It's what they should expect but it's sort of sad. Good for us though.
>>
>>10518537
Since you believe in racial nobility what would you say to me a half black American who also happens to be the heir to a large chunk of Tyrconnell? My father is of the main branch of a noble line and married to my other in a Catholic marriage (with contract) and we are former nobility (under the original Tyrconnell kingdom and later the Kingdom of Ireland). We were those charged with crowning the O'Donnell kings and were powerful in the clergy. I'm the heir and last of the royal branch so under feudal law am I the rightful lord of our ancestral fief?
>>
>>10518132
Integrity something a crooked tooth Anglo wouldn't understand.
>>
File: 1611467076788.jpg (384 KB, 1822x1282)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
Where the taig sex slaves at?
I ain't touching anything a negro has gone through though
>>
>>10518793

>Spoke French, dressed like the French, prayed like the French, ate like the French, fought as cavalry like the French and called themselves French
>>
>>10521978
>son of a peasent
>true heir
Even if you weren't a darkie that would be a no.
>>
>>10518185
>(US) are the present-day world conquerors
They are the golem for Israel. They will get used up and thrown away, become a distant memory and a footnote in some globohomo fake history book. Its people will be mixed out of existence and its homeland turned into a mere economic zone in a global plantation run by an insane and degenerate "elite".
>>
>>10518245
Why do you assume they were beautiful?
>>
>>10523050
Stay mad Ahmed
>>
File: 1614117416324.jpg (39 KB, 600x579)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>10521978
Haha typical mutt. "My nigger parents wuz Kings of Ireland" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>10521978
You aren't the heir. The "heirs" are in Spain, and the old Irish clans have dynastic associations within which they maintain the succession even away from Ireland. Even under your LARP you are not anywhere near the heir.
>>
>>10522296
>>10521897
see >>10518365

It is beyond me how people still imply that Ulster Loyalists have anything to be smug about. Godspeed in your historical delusion.
>>
>>10524088
taig
>>
>>10525232
stfu idot
It's better for nornies to ally with the Irish now because Britain is getting ready to betray you
>>
>>10521876
>consider that the english did the same shit with the peoples of the british isles and they are still viewed as a homogenous ethnic group
The southerner's argument was genetic.
>>
>>10525263
>It's better for nornies to ally with the Irish now because Britain is getting ready to betray you
Southern vaccine rollout: absolute shambles
Northern vaccine rollout: stunning success, envy of Europe
Hmmm
>>
>>10525232
>t-taig
Ok. Enjoy having your next representative be an IRA bomber, retard.
>>
>>10518365

How's plantation 2.0 going in Southern Ireland? I've read that the natives are being hounded for questioning what's going on while also being sporadically mugged and raped by the newcomers.
>>
>>10525296
>we'll be terrorists, that'll show you
And you wonder why natsis never win.
>>
>>10525271

People are more English the more South/South East you get. :)
>>
>>10525497
I'm not a fan of SF. My point is that the typical Unionist attitude of hostility toward all things perceived to be remotely Irish is the reason Unionist politics are such a shitshow now.
>>10525423
Overplayed. An attempt was made to kickstart a "BLM" thing in the south after a Black fella was shot by the police. Everyone pointed and laughed at those involved, nothing happened.
>>
The ROI is nothing more than the US puppet in Europe. Now that Britain has asserted her sovereignty, expect Americanization to get even worse in Ireland.
>>
history
>>
Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere.
>>
Global Rule #3 is in effect.
>>
File: protag.jpg (338 KB, 1200x1457)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>10523140
We Americans are forever superior to you.
>>
>>10525637
George Washington said of the Irish Volunteers in the late 1700s that their cause-pushing for reform in Ireland with threat of revolution-was his own.
>>
>>10525655
This is "If I had 100,000 Serbs I could conquer the world" levels of cope
>>
>>10518185
>Hendrix was british
Amazing
>>
>>10525666
How? The point is that he agreed with the politics of the Irish Volunteers and the Irish Patriot movement. Just an interesting tidbit.
>>
>>10521978
t. A fat yank fuck who visited Dublin once, read this dribble of shite on a fridge magnet and used it to validate his own inconsequential existence
>>
>>10525895
The point is you're bringing up an irrelevant dead person to puff up yourself and feel important
>>
>>10526074
What mental gymnastics did you perform to arrive there? Someone posted a picture of George Washington, I replied to it with an interesting piece of historical trivia.

What a weird post.
>>
>>10526109
>dodgy shite
Look mate it was obvious what you were trying to do
Your island has been the plaything of greater men for centuries, bet I could find 10 men greater than the yank who hated Irish but you would do mental gymnastics to find the 1 that makes you feel good
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 300x168)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>10526200
I quite literally just posted a tidbit of historical information related to Washington in a thread about Irish history, because this is a history board.

Washington said-during the American Revolutionary War-that the cause of the Irish Volunteers and the Patriot Movement was "his own"-ie similar in justification.

What I'm trying to do is post about history. What are YOU trying to do? Weird stuff
>>
>>10526232
Keep deflecting and runnin away like always
You think it makes you clever but you just look seething
>>
File: 878667.jpg (205 KB, 717x525)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>10526249
Why are you on a history board if you don't want to talk about history? I'm not the anon who posted >>10523140, I maybe should have made that clear. That anon also shouldn't be here.

Would you like to hear more about the 18th century Irish patriot movement?
>>
>>10526267
Ok guy brainwashed by SF, would you like to hear more about 17th century Ireland?
>Divers of the Enemy retreated into the Mill-Mount; a place very strong and of difficult access; being exceedingly high, having a good graft, and strongly pallisadoed. The Governor, Sir Arthur Ashton, and divers considerable Officers being there, our men getting up to them were ordered by me to put them all to the sword. And indeed, being in the heat of action, I forbade them to spare any that were in arms in the Town: and, I think, that night they put to the sword about 2,000 men;—divers of the officers and soldiers being fled over the Bridge into the other part of the Town, where about 100 of them possessed St. Peter's Church-steeple, some the west Gate, and others a strong Round Tower next the Gate called St. Sunday's. These, being summoned to yield to mercy, refused. Whereupon I ordered the steeple of St.' Peter's Church to be fired, when one of them was, heard to say in the midst of the flames: "God damn me, God confound me: I burn, I burn."
>I am persuaded that this is a righteous judgment of God upon these barbarous wretches, who have imbrued their hands in so much innocent blood; and that it will tend to prevent the effusion of blood for the future.
>>
File: pepe.png (179 KB, 640x462)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>Following the explosion pandemonium broke out among the remaining gunmen; shouting obscenities, they opened fire on the dazed band members, who had all been blown down into the field below the level of the road from the force of the blast. According to Martin Dillon, the order to shoot was given by the patrol's apparent leader, James McDowell,[36] to eliminate witnesses to the bogus checkpoint and subsequent bombing.[40] Three of the musicians were killed: lead singer Fran O'Toole, trumpeter Brian McCoy, and guitarist Tony Geraghty.

>Brian McCoy was the first to die, having been hit in the back and neck by nine rounds from a 9mm Luger pistol in the initial volley of gunfire.[4] Despite the heavy gunfire, Tony Geraghty and Fran O'Toole attempted to carry a severely injured Stephen Travers to safety, but were unable to move him far.[41] Fran O'Toole attempted to run away, but was quickly chased down by the gunmen who had immediately jumped down into the field in pursuit. He was then machine-gunned 22 times, mostly in the face, as he lay supine on the ground. Almost his entire head was destroyed. Tony Geraghty also attempted to escape; but he was caught by the gunmen and shot twice in the back of his head and a number of times in the back. Both men had pleaded for their lives before they were shot; one had cried out, "Please don't shoot me - don't kill me".[20]
>>
>>10526364
>brainwashed by SF
What the fuck are you talking about? Nobody here has mentioned Sinn Féin. I know a great deal about 17th Century Ireland, from the Confederate Wars to Cromwell's intervention to the Ulster Plantations-just to name some major occurrences.

I don't know what bogeyman you think I am, but I'm sorry to disappoint. All I did was post an interesting historical footnote about a man who's picture you posted. Strange stuff, anon.
>>
>>10526386
>When the device was tilted on its side,[30] clumsy soldering on the clock used as a timer caused the bomb to explode prematurely, blowing the minibus apart and killing UVF men Harris Boyle (aged 22, a telephone wireman from Portadown) and Wesley Somerville (aged 34, a textile worker from Moygashel) instantly. Hurled in opposite directions, they were both decapitated and their bodies dismembered. What little that remained intact of their bodies was burnt beyond recognition; one of the limbless torsos was completely charred.[20]

Well, they won't do that again.
>>
>>10526419
There's a bunch of stuff like that in the Troubles. Just recently Sinn Féin wanted to hold a memorial for a fella called a "hero", who met his end on a bus when his bomb boomed prematurely.
>>
>spewing SF propaganda all over the thread
>"Nobody here has mentioned Sinn Féin"
>>
>>10526486
Assuming you are replying to me, please point to which of my posts ITT
>>10525655
>>10525601
>>10525589
>>10525586
>>10525895
>>10526232
>>10526267
>>10526391
>>10526444
>>10520284
>>10519079
are "Sinn Féin propaganda"? Then remove yourself, you are clearly not here to talk about history.
>>
>>10526542
Shinners aren't that bad, they're literally just the SJW party that has connections to shady people. I don't see what's so bad about being called a Shinner. I see them as being more left if other parties but they still seem pretty free market.
>>
>>10526200
The greatest American of all time supported the Irish cause.

Cope, seethe, dilate etc. etc.
>>
>>10526683
Well no. The Irish Patriot movement was not "the cause." They advocated for an empowered Irish parliament and reforms in Ireland within the context of British rule.
>>10526676
I don't like them because they pretend to be working class up north. Dunno how they get on down south as much.
>>
>>10525899
It's just a question, we own it all anyway so I really don't care. No need to blow a gasket due to a question about euro monarchy rules
>>
>>10526925
Not him, but see >>10524085. The "heirs" and claimants to titles/land which have long since passed beyond old Irish dynasties are still managed and tracked by various societies. A lot of the heads of Irish families in Ulster are in Spain.
>>
>>10526955
What are they doing there? Trying to get Gibraltar back?
>>
>>10526968
Ulster was the last part of Ireland to be conquered by England, and a lot of the lords there (including the O'Donnells and O'Neills) lead a war against England, this is known as the Nine Years War (Ireland-there's a continental Nine Years War too).

To cut a long story short, Spain was helping them but in the end they lost, and a bunch of them went into exile overseas to try raise support to retake Ireland. Many never returned. Lots of them ended up living the rest of their lives in Spain, or in the Spanish Netherlands. I think the current "head" of the O'Neills lives in Portugal or something.
>>
>>10518143
Napoleon said, "a nation of shopkeepers".
>>
>>10526980
Good, at least they learnt their lesson
>>
>>10526990
Well, they didn't really. For example Owen Roe O'Neill, who was forced to leave Ulster as a teenager, enlisted in the Spanish army and fought in the Eighty Years War. He returned to Ireland upon the founding of the Irish Catholic Confederation, and was one of the most capable commanders in Ireland at the time. With him commanding the Confederacy's Ulster army, the province was returned to Irish control until the arrival of Cromwell years later-with O'Neill seeing off an invasion of Scottish Covenanters. Many others were similar. The 1600s saw a great deal of Irish soldiers go into exile, and they became known as the "Wild Geese" across Europe. While they never retook their homeland permanently, they were a force to be reckoned with.
>>
I don’t care about the sides but the troubles were peak /fa/
>>
File: 4328914.jpg (26 KB, 576x368)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>10527044
Right there with you bror
>>
Fuck it, posting my favourite Troubles pictures.
>>
>>10527053
>>
>>10527081
>>
>>10527053
Nothing more beautiful than women LARPers keep em’ coming
>>
>>10527089
>>
The IRA was a false flag created by the British army to fund their industrial complex and the pathetic Irish are too ashamed to admit it because they have no other history worth mentioning
>>
>>10527118
ok fagot
>>
>>10527093
Cumann na mBan were semi-active during the Troubles. They had their best days decades prior during the Revolution. Members of Cumann na mBan used to hold up trains and stuff.
>>10527118
>>>/int/
>>
>>10527129
>>10527130
The paddy hates being confronted with the truth, that his country is only good for being the shitting ground of England.
>>
>>10518037
based
>>
>>10527118
>Ireland was a false flag created by the British army to fund their industrial complex and the pathetic Irish are too ashamed to admit it because they have no other history worth mentioning
ftfy
>>
>>10527153
>Bongs are still fuming that they no longer control Ireland
Alright.
>>
>>10518037
because the british are evil bastards. always have been, throughout history.
>>
>killed more civilians than the IRA
>organized “black mass” satanic psyops to frighten catholics
>sick pedos and sadists like McGrath and Mckeague get free reign to bugger boys and torture anyone they like
>shankill butchers, some of the most cruel torture and killings of random catholics
>Dublin bombing that killed almost 30 civilians
>leadership consists of disgusting fat, bald, braindead drug dealers and nonces (Johnny Adair comes especially to mind as a good example)
>average loyalist is a low class alcoholic who is seething about losing his superior status to catholics who surpass him in education, living standards, and numbers
>kincora boys home; child abuse about which Ian Paisley knew yet did nothing about
>british secret service psyops, infiltration, black operations, asassinations, spying, propaganda,..
>Holy Cross catholic girls’ school besieged and attacked for Month’s by raging loyalists
>the most retarded theological and ideological self-conception, consisting of british israelism, evangelical fundamentalism, and pretending ulster was populated by a special race set apart from the Gaels
>orange parade cringe aesthetics.

Yea gonna have to go with the Nationalists here
>>
File: frodo.jpg (45 KB, 600x599)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
why didn't the irish just convert to protestantism? its not like rigid adherence to catholicism stopped irish from being a meme language on life suppport
>>
>>10530664
You watch a bunch of guys come over the sea and insist they rule you now and then say you're worshiping Christ wrong and see how you'd feel about converting.
>>
>>10530719
Better to look the other way when thousands of kids were raped by catholic priests, eh eamon?
>>
>>10530722
T. Brit who got buggered by Savile
>>
>>10530734
So why did the catholic church cover up all those priest rapes?
>>
File: 1614242451900.jpg (49 KB, 942x462)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>10518037
>>10518082
I wish we'd wiped them out so I didn't have to hear 24/7 whining about MUH ETERNAL ANGLO online
>>
>>10530650
their fucking tyre mountains
>>
>>10530736
So why did the BBC cover up all those Savile rapes? Britain is one big nation of nonces, from the Westminster pedophile ring, to the kincora boys home, to Cyril Smith MP, to Rolf harris, garry glitter, haut de la garenne in Jersey, to the paki rape gangs, Thatcher’s attempts to cover up pedophilia in her cabinet and party (Peter Morrison MP, Peter hayman,...), the anglican communion sex abuse cases, including coverups etc, public school abuse which is a historical normality (in the 19th century people were already writing about groping and sensually whipping the bare bottoms of school children), not to mention the abuse of elder students towards the younger which was implicit in the system of “fagging”, Prince Andrew following in the footsteps of Mountbatten (who btw was also a cuckold; his wife was fucking the indian PM while he was trying to settle the independence of India lmao)
>>
>>10530746
be assured
johnson has already finished the union
>>
>>10530793
>NO U
Was Ireland free from abuse by priests?
>>
>>10530814
Ofcourse not. Point is I’m not even catholic, but you are a retard to ignore>>10530650 and focus on muh pedos while ignoring >>10530793

Catholic church has always been ambivalent to irish nationalism. They condemned separatism and insurrection in the 19th century, going as far to excommunicate members of nationalist fraternal societies (muh secret oaths) and were perfectly happy to remain in the uk as long as they got funding for their seminaries and bishoprics, not to mention moralfagging against Parnell, ruining home rule in the process. The clergy was also heavily against the easter rising and armed struggle against the uk. Some were ok though. Then you get de valera with his twisted vision of a poor but holy ireland, ensuring we remained a poverty-tier nation, making the church supremely powerful but doing next to nothing to f.e support the gaelic language.

Still doesnt change the fact that the uk is a noncetopia and the loyalists in ulster are a bunch of disgusting immoral lowlife retards led by sadistic, drug dealing, MI6-infiltrated losers.
>>
>>10530845
Northern Ireland is British, sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up
>>
>>10530897
Seethe and cope
>>
Nothing will ever be funnier to me than British people thinking that Irish people actually like the Catholic Church. Sure, a lot of them take part in the ceremonies and are "cultural catholics" but as a Protestant I've yet to meet a Catholic (up north) who doesn't hate the church entirely.
>>
>>10518365
demographics is truly everything
>>
File: casualities.png (26 KB, 537x418)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
As a continental european, for the longest time, i've only heard about the northern ireland conflict throught U2's bloody sunday song studied in english class.

I was kinda shocked to see the actual casualities count and seeing how many brits security forces were killed.
How did the republicans ended up with a K/D ratio that good despite the army and the loyalist not really doing things by the books either and killing civilians too.
>>
>>10530981
I don't even get it, how on earth did republicans kill that many despite being a minority of the population and not in control? Was the RUC just sitting on their hands?
>>
>>10530995
Provisional IRA were well armed, and good at what they did. Their tactics weren't just hit-and-run, they were built upon the strategies of S-Plan, that was itself an evolution of original IRA ambush doctrine but with added explosives in favour of small arms skirmish.

Also don't forget it's far easier to find and then target members of security forces than it is to find actual IRA men amongst an already hostile population. Loyalist Paramilitaries for example essentially spent the entire conflict just taking pot-shots at random Catholics.
>>
>>10518082
>>
File: imahhhhges.jpg (16 KB, 213x236)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>10518037

Martin Ingram & Kevin Fulton on Alex Jones

https://youtu.be/T-KZ0-_PiiM
>>
>>10531078
>namefag
>>
>>10530793
Dont forget the elm guest house. Also lol at Mountbatten getting blown up while noncing about in his boat in NI
>>
>>10530664
It was something we had that they didn't.
>>10530746
Cromwellcels should be deported. They sicken me.
>>
>>10530981
>>10530995
I think it was partly down to how they were organised. They were organised in a cell structure where only a few of them knew each other, and their only higher up was whoever was in charge of the group.
This made it harder for if they were captured to spill the beans and give away valuable information, because they were kept in the dark about a lot of things themselves. They also had people with more experience in it than other paramilitaries.
>>
>>10530845
>Then you get de valera with his twisted vision of a poor but holy ireland, ensuring we remained a poverty-tier nation, making the church supremely powerful but doing next to nothing to f.e support the gaelic language.
He was a great man for his time, but he kinda ended up holding us back in the end.
>>
>>10531441
Do it again, Lord Protector!
>>
>>10531492
You will never be a Celt. Dilate.
>>
>>10531476
>tried to stop the IRA's ambush doctrine, which would have lost them the war
>tried to send Collins, who was leading the intelligence war, to the US
>got asshurt over the treaty even though his own version was barely any different beyond the oath being altered
>held back whitaker and lemass's reforms to fulfill his fantasy of a catholic agrarian utopia, stagnating Ireland's economy for another decade
He was at his best as a ceremonial leader to be honest
>>
>>10531492
>>10531598
I hate both of you so much for how you post.
>>
>>10530650
>catholics who surpass him in education, living standards,
lol
>>
>>10531614
I think he was the most competent leader of Ireland's independence throughout the 20th century. It seems pretty obvious when you look at it with no biases.
>>10531621
I must have an extra electron because ion remember asking.
>>
>>10531662
Probably a reference to the fact that Catholics are seen as more likely to go to University/progress further. Comes from the fact that a lot of Protestants had guarenteed jobs in industry years ago-not now. There's a culture of self-improvement within the northern catholic community that isn't there in the protestant one.
>>
>>10531691
>most competent
In what regard? He wasn't the best economist, he was hopeless militarily, and his best work as a statesman was from about 1936-1945. Even within that period there remain controversies and moments when he arguably acted to the detriment of Ireland. I'd say it would take a heavy bias to actually see him as the most competent.

In regards to 20th Century statesmen in Ireland, I'd put Lemass above him without much question.
>>
File: 1524340916802.png (183 KB, 281x531)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>10531614
>>tried to stop the IRA's ambush doctrine, which would have lost them the war
>>
>>10531719
In essence, he thought their Ambush Doctrine was dishonourable/showed them in a bad light. He wanted them to act as a more conventional army. He was then reminded by Collins and many others that this "conventional army" would get its shit pushed in if it abandoned the tactics that were thus far working spectacularly. De Valera retracted his statement afterwards, but tried to send Collins off to the US at one stage to "raise support", but in reality it was because he (and others, such as Brugha) were increasingly irritated at his influence over the IRA.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.