[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

redpill me on their genetics: are they trully EEF + a bit of WHG or do they have some steppe DNA? Is their whg of north african roots?
>>
>>10516086
Sardinia is full of Sardinians
sage
>>
>>10516086
They are also mixed with later East Mediterraneans. And yeah, they have steppe ancestry.

WHG isn't from North Africa. If anything it's probably the other way around. North Africans (and even people further South) have Sardinian genes.
>>
File: 3456456546.png (1.74 MB, 875x842)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>10516086
They are EEF with residual east-med and steppoid admixture, the purest people in Europe at this point
>>
>>10516086
When did history turn into American schizophrenia about how white specific populations are?
>>
>>10516086
they fuck sheep and spill milk on the streets
>>
>>10516086
How did they even get to sardinia
its an island in the middle of nowhere
you cant really sail to it???
>>
>>10516100
Their steppe is like 3%.
>>
>>10516086
I’d like to see a PCA where Sardinians are differentiated between Ogliastra and the other regions
>>
>>10516913
There actually is such a study.
>>
File: 3-mix_sard.png (61 KB, 757x595)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
Here's a couple of models from recent papers on different people in the island, one using the typical 3-way mix of steppe, whg, eef, the other using recently sampled nuragic people as proxy.
>>
File: sard-nuragic2.png (1.39 MB, 949x510)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>10516934
Nuragics were a pure WHG/EEF population with 17% WHG. By the looks of this graph, people frmo Gairo may as well be almost entirely Nuragic.
>>
>>10516086
Look anon, I'm italian. I still dont know what the fuck sardinians are. They just exist. Literally nothing happened there and nobody of note came from there (napoleon was of tuscan orgigin). I have a hard time even considering them italians if not people. They weird me the fuck out, whatever is going on on that island. Only the sheep ever see half of what they do on Sardinia.
>>
File: sassari san nicola.jpg (213 KB, 475x480)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>10516996
While Sardinia might be marginal and peripheral when compared to Mainland Italy which was the seat of the Roman empire and the Renaissance, saying that absolutely nothing happened there and that nobody of note came from there denotes a certain arrogance and, might I add, ignorance.
Among the people of note born in Sardinia or with Sardinian ancestry I could name several: Enrico Berlinguer, Antonio Gramsci, Antonio Segni, Giuseppe Brotzu, the discoverer of the Cephalosporin based antibiotics, Grazia Deledda, the first Italian woman and second woman in the world to win the Nobel award in Literature. In ancient times: Saint Lucifer of Cagliari, Eusebius, first bishop of Vercelli, Pope Hilarius and Pope Simmacus. In Medieval times: Marianus IV of Arborea, Eleonora of Arborea, William of Cagliari, all were good statesmen whose deeds had impacts well beyond the shores of Sardinia. Since you count Napoleon as Tuscan just because of some distant Tuscan ancestors he had, then I could mention several important people with Sardinian ancestry such as Jean Paul Marat (his father was Sardinian), Orazio Satta Puliga, designer of several Alfa Romeo designs, or Italo Calvino (His mother, Eva Mameli, was Sardinian and an accomplished scientist), or Goffredo Mameli, composer of the Italian hymn (his father was a Sardinian admiral). I could go on naming important Sardinians: Domenico Alberto Azuni, Antonio De Sena, Salvatore Pes di Villamarina, Giovanni Antonio Porcheddu, Gavino Penducho Carta, etc.
>>
>>10516135
When they became obsessed with rape and Indo-Europe.
>>
The most European Europeans nowadays
>>
File: nuragic sword.jpg (18 KB, 332x543)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>10516996
>>10517589
>nothing happened there
Before the founding of Rome Sardinia was beyond any reasonable doubt the land richest in both monuments and artifacts in all of Italy: thousands of Neolithic rockcut tombs often thoroughly painted and decorated, thousands of nuraghi, bronze age stone structures as high as 30 meters, intricate temples, thousands of bronze sculptures, the oldest life-sized stone sculptures in Italy. While I agree that after the Nuragic period Sardinia became much less important than the rest of Italy, it would still be wrong to say that nothing happened here: several battles during the Punic wars, battles involving thousands of soldiers on each side in Medieval times between the local Sardinian kingdoms, the Aragonese, the Pisans, the Genoans, etc, with mercenaries coming from as far as England, the French siege of Cagliari in the 1700s, and several other large scale battles and interesting events.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.