[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1610521272140.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
why do muslims learn the quran by memory? Which is that only a muslim thing and not a christian thing? I guess it is easier to memorize short veres like the quran has instead of a whole story right
>>
>>10242407
>why do muslims learn the quran by memory?
Because that's how it was from the start. They only started having trouble when most of the people who could recite the Quran died from wars. The manuscripts that were written in rocks, leather, or leaves were only there to aid people in reciting it, not to record it.
>>
>>10242417
>Because that's how it was from the start
Well wasnt it the same of christianity? In the beginning it only was oral
>>
>>10242432
No. The earliest manuscripts were the Pauline epistles who was written some time after Jesus' death.
>>
>>10242639
No, the Gospels have been oral tradition for multiple years.
>>
>>10242639
>who was written
which were written, I mean the epistles

>>10242649
There is no proof of that.
>>
>>10242407
Because writing is for virgin city dwellers and oral traditions are for steppe Chads.
>>
>>10242649
Oh, so I take it you've made some history-changing discovery to back up your claim, but you've chosen to hide it from the rest of the world? Go on, do tell.
>>
>>10242713
Modern scholars[who?] have concluded that the Canonical Gospels went through four stages in their formation:

The first stage was oral, and included various stories about Jesus such as healing the sick, or debating with opponents, as well as parables and teachings.
In the second stage, the oral traditions began to be written down[by whom?] in collections (collections of miracles, collections of sayings, etc.), while the oral traditions continued to circulate
In the third stage, early Christians began combining the written collections and oral traditions into what might be called "proto-gospels" – hence Luke's reference to the existence of "many" earlier narratives about Jesus
In the fourth stage, the authors of our four Gospels drew on these proto-gospels, collections, and still-circulating oral traditions to produce the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.[1]

are you stupid or what
>>
>>10242803
>[who?]
>>
>>10242819
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_gospel_traditions

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.