[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Savior.jpg (290 KB, 531x710)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
Why aren't you a Christian /his/?
>>
Because the trinity is a lie
>>
Because I don’t believe a preacher born in a Roman province was actually the son of a god. I think that story is fiction, even if the person was real.
>>
Because I dont know where to begin. Christ is calling to me but I dont know how to find him.
>>
>>10241929
Read the Bible
>>
>>10241939
Will I be able to understand it? Dont most people grow up as Christians and get it taught to them?
>>
don't want to kiss nigger feet
>>
because I read the bible and realized it was bullshit.
>>
>>10241909
I have lots of reasons, but the biggest one is that Jesus expected the end of the world to come in his life time, and obviously that didn't happen.
>>
>>10241948
It’s literally just a myth anon, the language is only complicated in the sense that many translations are in an older type of English
>>
>>10241909
I can only accept some teachings, not all.
>>
>>10241958
This. It all falls apart when you realize Jesus was wrong. If he was wrong, he wasn't divine. If he wasn't divine, the whole religion is a farce.
>>
>>10241909
>>10241909
Would love to be, but it's never really struck a cord with me. I bought the Jefferson Bible, hoping to cut through the clutter, but haven't read it yet
>>
>>10241978
If he wasnt divine that doesnt mean there isnt value in what he said.
>>
>>10241993
I never denied that the Bible, and the teachings of Christ contain wisdom. They contain much of it.
But we live in a naturalistic universe.
>>
>>10241958
It was the end of the (pre-Rabbinical) Jewish society and their own little worldview, that's for sure. He was kind of right, in that regard. Basically, if some fearmonger preach the end of the world in panic, when in reality it's the end of the Western world in particular that's only ending.
>>
>>10242000
This is a cope. The Day of the Lord never came
>>
>>10242009
No, I don't believe in that, at least not literally. I'm just saying that it's a religion of apocalypse, meaning that the religion has good sense in knowing a decline in society and all that, and provide some alternatives at the very least (even if misguided).
>>
>>10241958
>Jesus expected the end of the world to come in his life time, and obviously that didn't happen.
No he didn't.
>>
>>10242052
He was extreme clear about his apostles being alive in time of the apocalypse, and there can be doubt this is what he meant (the wording is very clear anyway) because that's how his apostles took it. When you read the Pauline letters he regularly discusses how the "form of the world is fading" and the end is "near" and "coming soon". He reminds the Christians to stay steadfast because the Lord will come like a thief in a night, you will not expect him so always be ready. It will happen any day now.

By the time we get to 2 Peter we have entered the great copening about how the Lord has not forgotten his promise, and how "a thousand years is a day and a day a thousand years." All the apostles have died, and someone pretending to be the apostle Peter has created an apology for the failed apocalypse.
Otherwise we have things like "full preternism" and "realized eschatology" which are just bullshit , one being heresy and the other being apology.

Being a Christian past the 1st century is to be engaged in a continual exercise of self-delusion.
>>
I do consider myself a Christian, but lately...I don't know. I have yet to see an actual good answer for the problem of evil and I also don't think you could ever justify hell. I've been asking a lot of questions and all I've been getting is dismissal and a lot of vitriol
>>
it's the biggest (((trick))) of them all
>>
this thread smells jewish
>>
>>10241909
Christcucks still can't explain trinity, and why are there so many differing bible versions lmao
>>
>>10242232
>Christcucks
I told you it will never stick, discord tranny
>lmao
go back to twitter, you disgusting negro, don't respond to me
>>
>>10242074
>He was extreme clear about his apostles being alive in time of the apocalypse
No he wasn't.
>because that's how his apostles took it
Prove this.
>When you read the Pauline letters he regularly discusses how the "form of the world is fading" and the end is "near" and "coming soon". He reminds the Christians to stay steadfast because the Lord will come like a thief in a night, you will not expect him so always be ready. It will happen any day now.
You can easily interpret what Paul says in a way that does not mean even in a century or twenty will the Lord come. From Jesus' death to the coming of the kingdom of God would be much closer compared to before his death, and it was said that no one but the Father knows the day or the hour, it could come in a year or a week or ten thousand years.
>>
File: 78798.jpg (743 KB, 1200x1802)
743 KB
743 KB JPG
>>10242259
I imagined some little new yorker jewish rat telling me this and I started laughing, gas yourself you repulsive subhuman
>>
Why would I suck on Jew cocks?
christianity is a jewish sect full of gullible brainlets.
>>
File: 5etAw8AcdApdgKGNYYckZF.jpg (1.5 MB, 1500x1268)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>10241909
Because Johnny B and Jeebus C are atheist
as Lord God Almighty and Devil Satan are.

CleftaSunder '24
>>
>>10242275
Yeah, no one knows the day or hour, but Jesus said things like, before this generation passes away, and before some of you standing here today taste death.
>>
>>10241909
because of the contradictions that lie in the Bible (numerical and story telling). With the fact that there are hundreds of them, it makes it generally unconvincing when you ask yourself "Why would God let his holy word get tainted and filled with contradiction?"

also, the Gospels were written anonymously. not only do they contradict each other as well, but we have no idea if they were written by who they were claimed to be written by.

here is a famous contradiction from the new testament: Jesus was supposed to be in the tomb for three days and three nights. He went into the tomb on friday to sunday (during the day, on sunday). that is clearly not three nights.

if anyone could provide rebuttals i'd be happy to listen and learn :)
>>
>>10242317
That is correct. I AM what I want to be. Fuck all theists.

YHWH Allah
(LORD God)
>>
>>10241909
The Bible was written like a century after Jesus death.
>>
File: 422.jpg (198 KB, 2356x1403)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
I am. I follow the teachings of the Incarnate God, who west sent to free us from the control of the Demiurge.
>>
>>10241999
I don't see much wisdom in "I am king and to be a good follower uphold these rules and practices and you get a treat at the end"
>>
>>10242324
>before this generation passes away
Generation is translated from the Greek word "γενεὰ" which can also mean family or race.
>and before some of you standing here today taste death.
Matthew 16: 28 is talking about literally the next couple verses after it, on the mountain.
>>
>>10242232
>Christcucks still can't explain trinity
We literally have, time upon time upon time upon time again, for 2,000 years straight and counting. Just because you plug your ears doesn't mean the explanations aren't there.

>and why are there so many differing bible versions lmao
Because there are different ways to translate words. Lmao, does this really need an explanation?
>>
>>10242351
The writings range from around 40 AD (1st Thesolonians) to 100 AD (St. John's Gospel)
>>
>>10242351
you mean the NT, right?
it was written maximum 80 years after him, and most of it was written 50 years after him.
>>
>>10242351
You're saying the Authours (cousin John and cousin Jesus)
died; then They wrote NT? take your meds, Schizotardy.

O LUCIFER
the Devil
Satan
>>
>>10242377
>Generation is translated from the Greek word "γενεὰ" which can also mean family or race.
Doesn't make any sense to translate it that way in that context.

>Matthew 16: 28 is talking about literally the next couple verses after it, on the mountain.
No, it's about the verse directly before it.
>>
>>10241909
I am, not a great one, but I'm not leaving Jesus
>>
Johnny B and Jeebus C left earth (Solar System) in the year AD 96.
>>
>>10242307
Read Ephesians 2 corinthians and romans
>>
>>10242391
Jesus wasn't an author of any of the books in the Bible. In fact we don't know who wrote the Gospel of Luke or the Book of Acts.
>>
>>10242409
He's a resident schizo in this board.
>>
>>10242386
The Gospel According to Luke, written in roughly 85 C.E. (± five to ten years)
>>
They left the Milky Way Galaxy actually AD 96
>>
>>10242339
Christian apologists have got you covered since Celsus.

https://defendinginerrancy.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccSL3X_OSnc
>>
>>10242411
Why are you calling John the Baptist a resident schizo, Schizo?
>>
>>10242418
I had an argument with someone on another board who wrote this
There are more historical records and mentions of Jesus Christ the person than there are of Roman emperors, Greek philosophers, or any other historical figure from that time.
>Cornelius Tacitus
>Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus
>Thallus
>Pliny the Younger
>Celsus
>Lucian of Samosata
>Mara Bar-Serapion
>Flavius Josephus
>The Babylonian Talmud
>Clement of Rome
>Ignatius of Antioch
>Quadratul of Athens
>Aristides the Athenian
>Hegesippus
>>
>>10242396
>Doesn't make any sense to translate it that way in that context.
Why? It would make perfectly good sense if he was talking about the race of Israel or the "family" or such a thing.
>No, it's about the verse directly before it.
No, it's about the couple of verses directly after it.
>>
>>10241909
iq too high
>>
>>10242418
my response was this
>Cornelius Tacitus
He was born decades after Jesus death
>Gaius Suetonius Tranquillu
born 69 AD
>Thallus
"The works are considered important by some Christians as confirming the historicity of Jesus and providing non-Christian validation of the Gospel accounts: a reference by Thallus to an eclipse has been taken since antiquity as referring to the darkness described in the Synoptic gospels at the death of Jesus, although it was has been argued that an eclipse could not have taken place during Passover, when the crucifixion happened. A common view in modern liberal scholarship is that the Crucifixion darkness is a literary creation rather than a historical event."
>Pliny the Younger
born 61 AD
>Celsus
2nd-century Greek philosopher
>Lucian of Samosata
born 125 AD
>Mara Bar-Serapion
whos work came after 73 AD but before the third century
>Flavius Josephus
born 37 AD so again after Jesus
>Clement of Rome
oh wow the Pope says Jesus is real great historical evidence there
>Ignatius of Antioch
A guy who converted to Christianity at a young age, yeah another great source there
>Quadratus of Athens
was born late first century and is is said to have been the first of the Christian apologists. A real winner here for a historical source
>Aristides the Athenian
another Christian who works were done a century after Jesus death and we have little information about
>Hegesippus
another member of the faith who wrote in the time of Pope Eleuterus (Bishop of Rome, c. 174–189). so again not a great source
>>
>>10242396
>No, it's about the verse directly before it.
No, Christ is foreshadowing the transfiguration which literally happening right after this.
>>
>>10242376
Forest

Trees
>>
>>10242409
You don't know because you're only a Sub-creature of the Creator.
Johnny B and Jeebus C wrote the entire New Testament retard.

O IBLIS of
the JINN,
Shaitan
>>
>>10242459
Another common apology

>Rationalization #1: Matthew 16:28 refers to Jesus’ transfiguration, not his second coming.
>The transfiguration of Jesus is a story recorded in Matthew 17, Mark 9, and Luke 9. The first problem is that these Gospels place the transfiguration at different times. In Matthew, it occurs after Jesus made the prediction about his second coming. That might make it seem reasonable to think that it was a fulfillment of the earlier prediction. However, Mark and Luke place the transfiguration event before Jesus made spoke the prophecy. Laying aside the obvious discrepency in timing, we can say for certain that an event occurring before a prediction is made can’t be fulfilling the prediction. The “prediction” wouldn’t be a prediction at all.

>The preceding verse (verse 27) starts off the description of Jesus’ coming by saying he would come “in glory” with angels to dole out judgment to “every man”. That is not what happened in the transfiguration stories. Therefore, the explanation doesn’t work. Some try to make it work by separating verse 28 from the preceding verse so that the two verses talk about different “comings”. This is a baseless tinkering with the passage in order to make a doctrine fit the scripture. The same Christians who do this will accuse other of taking verses out of context when they disagree with an interpretation. Yet, this is exactly what they do here.
>>
>>10242466
>sub-creature of the Creator
what Creator are you talking about?
>>
>>10242317
>>10242347
>>10242391
>>10242406
>>10242414
>>10242425
>>10242466
These. JEHOVAH
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (41 KB, 480x360)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>10242477
G-D
>>
>>10241909
I am
>>
>>10242487
away. jew
>>
File: 13053630-16x9-xlarge.jpg (64 KB, 862x485)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>10242477
>>10242479
>>10242490
The Destroyer

Shiva
>>
>>10242470
>>10242490
>>10242497
007 agent
>>
File: 61c.jpg (26 KB, 308x308)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>read testimonies of people saying they couldn't find any faults in the bible and they turned Christian
>/his/ finds faults in the bible and they're not Christians because of it

At least one side is lying, which is it?
>>
>>10242535
/his/
>>
>>10241909
The idea that some arbitrary mishmash of old texts is the actuall word of god or god inspired seems unbelieveable to be honest.
>>
>>10242535
>/his/ finds faults in the bible
"finds faults in the bible" is a funny way of saying "read the bible with horrible reading comprehension skills"
>>
>>10242591
That’s putting it nicely
>>
>>10242605
There is literally the SAB for a comprehensive list of the problems in the bible
>>
>>10242651
SAB?
>>
>>10242665
Skeptics Annotated Bible
>>
>>10242477
>>10242418
>>10242479
Older cousin Yahya and younger cousin Isa came back as Older cousin Muhammad and younger cousin Ali
To that certain Solar System in the Milky Way Galaxy for the purpose of writing and authoring Holy Qur'an.

Arjuna and Krishna
>>
>>10242497
>>10242506
What are you quoting me for lmao
>>
>>
File: dlvnsn.png (1.72 MB, 746x1325)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
>>10242279
Who the hell do you think you are!? You’re any kind of artist!? Anybody know who you are!? Maybe everybody else wants to enjoy the peace and quiet. This is one of the most important places in all of North America and who are you? Who are you!?! You miserable presumptuous no talent. You’re no artist. An artist respects the silence, it serves as the foundation of creativity. You obviously don’t have the talent. You don’t have enough respect for yourself or other people, or know what it means to respect yourself! In music or any form of creativity! And I’m an NYU film school graduate. Sucker! And the School of Visual Arts. And the Academy of Art University in San Francisco! You suck! You’re a no talent! If you really have talent, go practice. And then get yourself a gig, instead of ruining the end of the day for everybody down here! You're a disgrace! You are everything that’s gone wrong in this world! You’re a self consumed, no-talent, mediocre piece of shit! And I’ve earned my right to say it! Okay? I had 200,000 people with Bill Graham, in 1975. I walked Bob Dylan up on stage. Who the fuck are you!? I knew the Grateful Dead from 1966. Who the fuck are you!? You’re nothing! You're nothing! You are nothing! And you will never be anything! Never! How dare you! How dare you. You miserable, mediocre nothing! Shame on you! You crack a stupid little smile, you little pimp! Go learn to play. Go learn to play. You’re flat! You can’t even carry a fucking note! I don’t care about your little horn lip, it doesn’t mean you know how to play! You’re flat! I’m trained classically, I’m trained contemporaneously, and you suck!
>>
>>10242688
Brahma and Vishnu
>>
File: IMG_0714.jpg (855 KB, 1920x1440)
855 KB
855 KB JPG
>>10241909
But I am
>>
>>10242723
Get 'The Golden Legend' by Jacobus de Voragine
>>
>>10242696
based jew imp
>>
Because out of all the abrahamic religions its lost its shit the most so even if you just want a good religion to follow I dont know why it would be recommended over anything else its such a fucking mess to the point that it doesnt do its job as a religion anymore
>>
>>10241909
The objective reality of the fact is that I don't believe in the metaphysical claims of magic put forth by Christianity.

On an ideological level, I can't worship the god of another race.
>>
File: AZM Medusa.jpg (44 KB, 533x800)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>10241909
Because I'm not a schizo that genuinely believes Jesus will come back on a chariot pulled by a pegasus or some shit wielding a flaming sword to take on armies of krav mag trained merchants armed with M-16's, drones, and tank battalions for the final battle of Israel.
>>
>>10244339
sir, your fedora slipped
>>
File: Take your meds anon-kun.jpg (257 KB, 1280x1920)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>10244347
Based god fearing schizo that's humbled by the voices manifesting in his reptilian brain just so he can have the distinct honor of living in eternal paradise on his hands and knees singing hymns with other schizos for the rest of eternity but should seriously take his meds.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.