[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Post interesting knowledge, excerpts, theories and FILMS (preferably not pozzed blindly pro rebel shit)
Recently became more aware of this story and its pretty fascinating. I remember reading a Camus story about Oran. A french algeria seems so kino
>>
>>10237415
>(preferably not pozzed blindly pro rebel shit)
>Posts OP image of the famously pro rebel film
>>
>>10237479
havent seen it you nigger. Hence why im asking
>>
>>10237479
>Posts OP image of the famously pro rebel film
And yet Mathieu was 100% in the right
>>
>>10237415
An Algerian France is better Sub'hanAllah
>>
>>10237415
French Algeria seemed like a nice people.
>>
>>10237981
*place

I don’t know why I said people.
>>
>>10237985
because 900k european algerians made it a nice place before they fled back to France when the chimpout began
>>
>>10237415
https://youtu.be/oUpNVDigI84
>>
Algeria deserved its independence, but Oran should have remained French, like Ceuta remained Spanish
>>
> France kill every normie independist
> all remnants are shcizo islamists
>>
>>10237415
>Camus story about Oran
La Peste?
>>
>>10238523
why
>>
>>10237479
Was it? I honestly didn’t finish watching it feeling particularly sympathetic to the FLN.
>>
>>10237415
Did the crisis in Algeria nearly cause a civil war in France or is that exaggerated?
>>
File: 1610049130353.jpg (204 KB, 1113x1376)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>10237979
>>10237981
Get in the fucking line
>>
>>10239114
Certainely did from what ive read. A lot of imperialists in the military were seething that theyd vote to fag out of Algeria, not only because they literally killed french babies and old women, but because this was probably the biggest cuck the French couldve committed, forver cementing them as a secondary power. They had JUST turned over indochina when this started.
In hindsight, they were probably right
>>
>>10239114
Like there were bombings and shit on the continent. Idk about actually getting to boogaloo level tho
>>
>>10239270
Ok now google demographics of France.

Youmad?
>>
>>10239504
>>10239114
To add to this they also tried to assassinate De Gaulle. Lot of French felt huge betrayal over this and their war loss streak just kept growing.
>>
>>10237415

This is the guy that invented free helicopter rides?
>>
File: algerian twink.png (449 KB, 1500x1225)
449 KB
449 KB PNG
>>10239114
Yes, generals attempted a coup, the government called on the people to block airports and roads to stop them

The vast majority of the army was loyal so it was a doomed attempt
>>
>>10239974
If they failed filling it with their people in the XIXth century I don't think it could've worked after. So they would just got run over if they gave algerians equal rights. Wouldn't be so different from today ironically.
>>
>>10237415
>A french algeria seems so kino
It was doomed to fail the moment the French decided the natives would not be given citizenship and be treated like second class citizens in their own land. So much for french values

I mean really you can't tell people to abandon their religion and culture for french culture and not expect them to fight back. Should've expected it after the shit show in vietnam.
>>
>>10237485
Ignore him. The movie's brilliant, you should absolutely go watch it.
>>
>>10239990

> Death flights were used during the Algerian War by French paratroopers of the 10th Parachute Division under Jacques Massu during the Battle of Algiers. After it was discovered that the corpses sometimes resurfaced, the executioners began to attach concrete blocks to their victims' feet. These victims came to be known as "Bigeard's shrimps" (crevettes Bigeard), after one of the paratrooper commanders, Marcel Bigeard
>>
I'm suprised the British didn't try to destabilize France during the war. Seemed like typical Anglo behavior and a nice comeback after the French helped the americans gain their independance.
>>
Brought me great joy when I learned the pro french algerians were abandoned by the french after the war and were torn to pieces by the rebel army.

I just really love it when traitors to their people get the rope, shit gets my dick hard.
>>
>>10239114
Yup, lots of murders and riots over the war. French police at one point even massacered french algerians in europe. Plus the whole assassination attempt and priviledges given out to the military to appease them.
>>
>>10239114
It was an overhyped threat, just like the Capitol Hill incident last week.
A bunch of butthurt French army men tried to overthrow de Gaulle, only to find out that nobody supported them.
>>
>>10240031
The British foreign office isnt run by internet autists. France was an ally and the UK had zero reason to destabilize the second biggest continental European army that stood in the way of the Soviet Union.
>>
>>10241049
But think of the sweet poetic justice after losing the war for American independence.
>>
Odd to say but more French people voted to give Algeria independence than Algerians
> Self-determination was approved by 75% of voters overall and 69.5% in Algeria.
>>
>>10240053
The ones who were allowed into France also got treated like trash.
>>
>>10237415
Films: The Battle of Algiers (1966), from which this pic was taken.
>>
>>10237415
>French Algerians living in france have anti-war protest
>Paris police straight up massacre them
>covered up and not talked about even to this day
>>
>>10242353
>French lecture China and USA on police brutality
There truly is no justice
>>
File: Algiers-War.jpg (185 KB, 736x472)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>10240016
The French had refused Algerian Muslims but had granted Algerian Jews French citizenship as early as 1870. They refused them fair political representation and even resorted to stuffing ballot boxes in 1947.
>>
>>10241360
>losing the war for American independence.
Why would they repudiate for something that happened 200 year earlier? Are you a child?
>>
>>10242353
>The Paris massacre of 1961 occurred on 17 October 1961, during the Algerian War (1954–62). Under orders from the head of the Parisian police, Maurice Papon, the French National Police attacked a demonstration by 30,000 pro-National Liberation Front (FLN) Algerians. After 37 years of denial and censorship of the press, in 1998 the French government finally acknowledged 40 deaths, although there are estimates of 100 to 300 victims.
What the fuck? How did something like this happen in a post war democratic country? Not even American Southerners did shit like this
>>
>>10239114
Algerian militants killed hundreds of French civilians and security officials within mainland France, which is something often forgotten today. The Paris massacre took place against the backdrop of Algerians shooting random people on buses and on street-corners.
>>
>>10242634
There was an insurgency going on. Lots of French people had been killed by Algerian militants, so it was seen as a kind of revenge.
>>
>>10242673
The police aren't really supposed to massacre citizens out of "revenge", and ordered by the government itself. Normally that'd be called a pogrom
>>
>>10242711
Yeah, well, they fucked around and found out. Sometimes that happens when you press your luck.
>>
>>10242739
This is a western democracy
>>
>>10242745
desu France in the 50s and early 60s was Latin America tier due to the constant cabinet reshuffling, political extremism and inability of civilian leaders to control the military.
>>
>>10242739
Kill yourself, faggot. What makes a person such a callous retard?
>>
>>10242771
Think about the circumstances surrounding the Paris massacre. A bunch of Algerians decided to riot and attack a bunch of cops and security forces. The same security forces who had been getting killed or maimed by Algerian militants. The same security forces disproportionately drawn from veterans of the Indochinese/Algerian/etc. wars.

What did the Algerians honestly THINK was going to happen when they started chimping out, against those guys specifically, and under those conditions?
>>
>>10242755
>>10242789
Is it me or have we had this exact thread before only a few months ago? I swear to god even the replies are identical
>>
>>10242634
It's pretty eye opening. Russians cant even breathe without half of the EU losing their shit at them, but western Euros can massacre 100 people in their capital and everyone just forgets it happened
>>
>>10242914
That’s why nobody takes anything westerners say seriously when it comes to decisions based around morals.

Sure the French like to parrot around how Brazil needs to protect its environment it ask yourself how protects theirs? French fashion industry is responsible for way more shit compared to to some random farms in brazil. It’s why Macron usually gets ridiculed about his rights for me but not for thee attitude towards french Muslims.
>>
>>10242789
>What did the Algerians honestly THINK was going to happen
They thought they lived in the country that invented human rights and they were correct
>>
bumbp
>>
>>10243888

>blablabla human right blablabla

There is no such thing.
>>
>>10242520
Never understood how the French are so anti islam yet it has the largest muslim population how does that happen when the culture really dose not fit in with the religion

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.