[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IOM-1.jpg (134 KB, 999x800)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
Were they too nice for their own good?
>>
>>10237112
Yes
>>
A good person, undoubtedly so. Perhaps that explains why the revolution broke out.

In 1792, under attack by an angry mob, he ordered his personal Swiss Guard not to fire on them
>>
>>10237112
>let their people starve while they lived in unimaginable luxury
>good
>>
>>10237199
What was he supposed to do, control the weather?
>>
>>10237247
Control his wives spending habits perhaps?
>>
him : I don't really know, he was sure as hell not fit for the job

Her : she was a spy cunt who exchanged letters with foreign powers
>>
>>10237112
French Revolution would have been absolutely easy to avoid if he just crushed the dissenters brutally and made an example of them. Giving them the benefit of the doubt was his undoing
>>
>>10237347
I'd say it was inevitable, he would have only delayed it
>>
>>10237349
Delaying it might have made the difference between a French Republic and all the aristocrat heads rolling, and something more moderate where France becomes a constitutional monarchy with lessened monarchical powers and the aristocrats get to keep their lives
>>
>>10237355
like dead aristos is a bad thing
>>
>>10237358
You will never be a woman.
>>
>>10237112
the king was a beta so yeah
>>
File: wall.jpg (236 KB, 1200x854)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>10237365
Neither will Anastasia.
>>
>>10237636
she had two XX chromosomes, she (unlike you) was a woman since her conception
>>
>>10237112
You're asking the wrong question.
>>
>>10237636
tranny mad
>>
What are some good reads or watches to give me the rundown of the French Revolution (in English)?
>>
>>10237306
Are we really going to tell the story about the contradictory criticism over Marie-Antoinette's clothing over and over? Is this what this board has come to?
>>
>>10237112
Louis was but Marie Antoinette was as much of a reactionary ultra-royalist as anyone who truly did want the monarchies of Europe to march into the France and overthrow the Republican government and restore absolutist rule. She was also one of the main people pushing Louis to flee the country for just that reason which ultimately led to both of their heads getting chopped off.

She was a horribly evil person like the revolutionary propaganda portrayed but she wasn't a a pure, innocent angel like the revisionists portray either.
>>
>>10239913
She was addicted to gambling,in fact she got bored with normal gambling and started playing Faro, a high stakes game banned to the normal citizens of france
>>
>>10237347
He should've been more active in supporting Lafayette and the 1792 system but by that point I think he had basically given up.
>>
>>10239955
Wasn't a horribly evil person rather.
>>
>>10239955
calling your family to help you is now "ultra"
>>
I’ve read the account of what happened to the rest of their family during the revolution and it all seemed very excessive, especially the treatment of Marie’s son

also why does Japan love France so much? Is it because they like tragic stories featuring cute girls? Hell, Joan of Arc appears in like ten different properties
>>
>>10240025
Wanting foreign armies to march into France and overthrow the legal government is downright traitorous yes.
>>
>>10240095
France is the second biggest market for manga and anime. You cater to your audience, and if that means french propaganda that means french propaganda
Still waiting for a song of roland anime movie
>>
>>10240169
>Legal government
Not in the eyes of the supreme authority: God.
>>
>>10237112

Thing don't happen because you are very keen on it. Neville Chamberlain was very keen on peace.
>>
>>10240273
Then how come god didn't strike down the revolutionaries
>>
>>10240273
>God couldn't even help the monarchy defeat a bunch of starving peasants
Lmao
>>
>>10240273
>Mom! I'm LARPing as a Christcuck on 4chan again! Aren't you proud of me!?
>>
>>10240169
the r*volutionaries were traitors
>>
>>10240328
They saved France, monarchy was cancer
>>
>>10240328
The monarchy was completely fucked and dragging France down with it. Lafayette and the other liberal revolutionaries/constitutional monarchists were perfectly fine and right in what they did. It's the Jacobins and hawkish Girondins who are the real villains.
>>
>>10240553
Also I don't know why I said 1792 when I meant 1789 duh. The Society of 1789 and Feulliant Club were the real heroes of the Revolution. The royalists were traitors and the radicals monsters.
>>
>>10240339
Monarchy is the natural order of the world, it's the truest form of societal hierarchical authority because it reflects the great chain of being.

France had misguided Monarchs, sure, and this is really the only weak point in some types of Monarchies, that sometimes you get a bad King, but anyways imo Monarchies should more democratic, like imagine voting for a King, or voting to remove a King, or voting for a Royal House, I think that would be far more of an authentic political system
>>
File: 148939.jpg (115 KB, 1200x1200)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>Monarchy is the natural order of the world, it's the truest form of societal hierarchical authority because it reflects the great chain of being.
>>
>>10239956
and curbing the spending would have helped how exactly? even if the state had money to give to everyone, the food won't materialize out of nowhere. harvests were poor across most of europe during this time, so imports weren't a viable way to feed the masses either.
>>
>>10240615
It's undeniable the order of existence is as follows:

1. God
2. Angels
3. Kings, The Pope or Political Authority
4. Citizens

This is something....that's been conditioned in the consciousness of Europeans for hundreds of years...and this is sort of the order of things in general around the world, think about the caste system or Heavens Mandate. Spiritual authority is the highest authority, followed by political and military classes, this has been the case for Western and Eastern civilizations
>>
>>10240749
larp
>>
>>10240620
>and curbing the spending would have helped how exactly?
Well, the starving would have not hated them for their extravagance for a start.

Also all that money not wasted of gambling could have paid for stockpiles of grain kept by certain nobles and made available to the populace.

Doing nothing seems like the root-cause of their demise.
>>
>>10237355
The July Monarchy was a failure
>>
>>10237347

He was afraid this would spark civil war like in England.
>>
>>10240339

France has been in decline ever since the revolution
>>
>>10242650
France reached its zenith after the revolution.
>>
>>10243273
Just because of Napoléon.
>>
>>10240169
Not really, the rightful king of France is just asking his ally and family to retablish his rule. You can't compare that to a foreign invasion initiated by a foreigner. If you want to play the treason card, the revolution itself was treason.
>>
>>10237112

happy the ones who found hell on earth.
>>
>>10240095
The Rose of Versailles helped.
>>
>>10240339
>normies unironucally believe this
fuck the “”””enlightenment”””” and fuck the propaganda they peddled
>>
>>10237112
People back then would execute you because of a guilded palace or two but now we just let people hold onto 180 billion dollars while a majorty of people live paycheck to paycheck (richest nation on earth, it will trickle down any minute)
>>
>>10240273
God raised up the guillotines to punish the Bourbons for their sins. Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.