[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 8 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

how was this pixel dithering effect (is that what you'd call it?) achieved on the photo in this poster? I've seen similar effects before but I'm really drawn to this one, especially if I could apply to video
File: a2512132838_16.jpg (45 KB, 700x700)
45 KB
the original photo, for reference
just apply some matrix transformations to the pixels
I appreciate this, a much more interesting resource than a plugin
File: 1676581608733729.png (30 KB, 1400x1400)
30 KB
not sure about video but a quick way to do it in photoshop is
image -> mode -> grayscale then flatten then
image -> mode -> bitmap for method chose halftone screen. You can experiment with the options there I'd start by increasing the frequency until you get the pixel effect.
then after you get the desired look you can convert back to grayscale and then back to rgb to be able to scale it up to whatever size you want using nearest neighbor. It also helps to mess with brightness, contrast, and levels to before converting to bitmap to get a better outcome
huge help. thank you anon
File: JAKDSFH897348934.png (1.86 MB, 856x1340)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
nah just do filter>color halftone

thx for the inspo btw
its a form of file type saving in photoshop
get your circle shape cut out, black n white with a olor over lay maybe, flatten, then its a kind of save where you downgrade everything to a kiind of pixel pattern. forgot the name, but its pretty cool.
color halftone is not what OP was asking for though
also before you go ahead and completely rip something off you may want to reevaluate the basics of your design. completely messy body copy, two locations on the same line, bad font for body copy. study how to properly typeset and use a grid.
With software, I'm unsure. But this site has some pretty good dithering options.
You cut it up? Wtf are you asking, how you'd emulate it? Cut it up, make it that rounded box shake, colour and pixelate it.
If you're asking for specific instructions kys
Oh wow you are just asking how to rip it off. Jesus Christ..

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.