[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 12 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Does UI Designer have to do user research also?
>>
>>435530
No, that's our job. Your job is to make our stuff look pretty enough for the customer.
t. UX Designer
>>
>>435554
dont let these guys boss you around
>>
>>435530
Read your job description, its so rare that you find a place with mature UX principles and knows the difference between a Graphic Designer, an Interface Designer, an Interaction Designer and a User Experience Designer.

Just do your fucking job / what your boss asks until you find somewhere to work that does know the difference.
>>
>>435530
Academically, UI falls within the domain of UX as a UI change affects User Experience and should be informed by User Research. In reality, every company is going to split the workload according to how they see best fit.

I dont believe
>>
>>435556
that anon is kind of right except everyone likes to minimize the importance of making things look good enough for customers (that isnt a copy and paste site with the same color and font and layout formula)
>>
>>436698
>>435554
UX and UI are separate for a reason, making things look good is a tough job on its own, you should focus on what's on your plate and let the UX designers tell you what they need, if you are nervous about the end product you can talk to some UX designers and ask them about their work, an experienced designer will just tell you what you need to know so you dont lose time starting from 0
>>
how the fuck else do you know what visuals match with what your users need?
>>
>>435530
Depends where you work if it’s small startup most likely they’ll make you do both unlike a established corpo that has a team of researchers and designers
>>
>>435530
UX is total bullshit. It's a job made for extroverted people who love to talk all day and scribble buzzwords on post it notes
>>
>>436919
>>437240

ui falls under ux imo, but a good ux person should have ui skills and understand the words needed to communicate from consumer to ui designer. ux is tough because it needs to work with a lot of depts like creative, tech, marketing, etc. it's soft skills mostly yeah, so i guess it's easy to not respect it if you're a technical person but it's not an easy job desu
>>
>>437240
SEETHE GD wagie
>>
>>437240
this.
>>
>>437248
>>437708
Fuck off 90% of the UXers are drawing, buttons, icons and even making banners most of the time.

UX is a bullshit job invented by the bored middle management in order to fill their meeting time gaps andj justify the existence of their own bullshit jobs.

Also they feel important when a UX cuck humiliates themself and gives his best in explaining the obvious.
>>
File: idux.png (370 KB, 768x835)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
>>435607
Right. UX is meme and it's the design equivalent of Full stack Node.js, React, Angular, PHP, Python AI Cloud Dev Ops Mobile Ninja.

tl;dr boomers want you to do everything for a single salary.

If you want a meaningful job look for interaction design.
>>
I'm about to buy some fucking rope at home depot and peace out. I can't get anything on upwork, indeed and linkedin are rejection city, and I failed to establish any kind of meaningful connections in the 2 workshops I went to.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.