[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: alpaca.jpg (254 KB, 1032x813)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
Combining @StabilityAI #StableDiffusion generative powers + Human guidance and graphic skills* with tools like @Photoshop in a coherent workflow.
https://mobile.twitter.com/wbuchw/status/1563162131024920576
>>
But you can tell it's soulless. It's like a Daz render in the 3d scene.
>>
>>434823
cope. It's just the stone age for ai, it'll make sharper stones, move onto metal, perfect that, then use fucking lasers to be fucking perfect. We're living in a simulation and people don't realize it.
>>
I still havent seen anything generated by AI that doesnt look like it was generated by AI
>>
File: 000020.2009578408.png (400 KB, 507x495)
400 KB
400 KB PNG
>>434953
>>
File: Chuck Berry.jpg (284 KB, 1080x1955)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>434953
That ends now, behold Wombo AI's eerily accurate interpretation of the prompt "Chuck Berry" in "Realistic" mode.
>>
>>434812
Holy fucking shit you faggot just shut the the fuck up about this bullshit.

Where are the jannies to fucking send this away already?
>>
File: 1649987136881.jpg (2.05 MB, 1792x1920)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
>>434953
Some anon made this today
>>
>>434953
We are literally not even in the first decade of AI graphics generation, and most of the recent stuff only came out this year or in the last 15-20 months. Give it time. I will be adapting.
>>
>>434823
Soulessness is a cope and if it wasn't Fivver would have never worked.
>>
>>434953
>>
>>434812
It's mostly "over" because artists are too pussy to actually do anything against it. So many of you losers are all

>"h-haha! n-not bad! a-acutally it's kinda cool! hahaha!"

You deserve every year of destitution and disrespect coming your way, wishy washy cunts. Thud McChuds out there will make millions off of something he "created" by typing in a text box, meanwhile you'll be hanging yourselves.
>>
>>435558
what should they be doing exactly? why dont you do it?
>>
>>435561
>what should they be doing exactly? why dont you do it?

retard: the post
>>
>>435574
excuse me what?
>>
If I give an image can turn a brunette into a redhead without changing anything else?
If so how?
>>
>>434812
Need this for 3D modeling.
>>
>>435417
How?
>>
>>435585
It's far easier to do that in photoshop. Like, can you color in the lines? Tier easy.
>>
>>435585
>needing an AI to change hair color
Retard.
>>
>>436331
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSdsElAbJsI
>>
>>435529
It's hard to call something soulless when it's based around actual good artwork, it's poor taste than anything else really.
>>
Ok but what is the issue?
There will always be demand for real art
>>
Wake me up when I'm able to do that using my own computer, and when this software is free as in freedom.
>>
>>435585
racist
>>
>>434812
This is just a more user friendly version with less steps. You can do this right now locally. https://youtu.be/XtMvk0dpnO4
>>
File: Mao Zepuss.png (421 KB, 512x640)
421 KB
421 KB PNG
>>434812
>>
>>434812
>>
>>435561
I don't know nigger, it's your field, you decide. And general public doesn't give a fuck whether your fancy art is made by human in 2 days or by AI in 2 minutes. Improvise, adapt, overcome, learn to use AI tools to shit out absurd amount of [insert product] generated by AI for full price until it's commonly adapted and some jew comes up with cheap photobank full of AI photos/drawings. Oh wait, these have been here forever and people still need professionals to properly use them so it doesn't look retarded.
>t. programmer - it will also change, but we'll probably never fully drop the human factor there, if we do, then literally nobody will need to work, so everything is fine.
>>
>>436674
you sound upset anon
>>
>>434838
But how stolen are these images tho?
They all just seem like remixes to me.
This one for example is probably some CP2077 art and if I was to use it commercially thinking the AI generated something totally original, I could be infringing on the artists rights since remixes of works (unless to the point of complete obscurity but then it's a moot point) are infringement and cannot be copyrighted.
>>
I'm using stable diffusion with an old 1070 graphics card and it's pretty slow. How much can I speed this up by buying a current gen card?
>>
>>434812
It's only just begun. We going to make some amazing art.
>>
>>436736
>This one for example is probably some CP2077 art and if I was to use it commercially thinking the AI generated something totally original, I could be infringing on the artists rights since remixes of works (unless to the point of complete obscurity but then it's a moot point) are infringement and cannot be copyrighted.
Chads IA are just showing us how retarded are kike's copyright bullshit.
>>
>>436674
Truly demonic, take your fucking meds dude.
>>
>>435417
>>
By accident I made mouse chick ludes. I'm sold on it
>>
>>436979
Oh man !
>>18794
True.
https://l.instagram.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FlFDQuDyswa&e=ATMXamwUs16qlmQdk5nOD-VHrJOzm--Ziki0lBW7-b1C5XuomN9HG2KcKE4BwnwOe1rmHHTTwKqct6jvFQGpDA&s=1
>>
>>436979
>>436857
We should just Photoshop boxing gloves over all their hands to hide it. The Strongbad method
>>
>>434823
Crazy how the soulless Daz artists are able to make so much money with commissions
>>
File: download-60.jpg (43 KB, 512x512)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>435585
It's really bad at simple things like that, actually. Same with intuitively trivial shit "draw ten rectangles".
>>
>>436435
>on my own computer
>free as in freedom
Dude, it's open source.
>>
>>436622
Great video, especially that part at 1:27.
>>
>>436622
>scared of saying retard
What a niggerfaggot
>>
>>437423
I laff about your tiny little world.
>>
How does one actually install this?
Is it harder or easier than getting dwarf fortress to work?
>>
File: sdgdsgsg343.jpg (63 KB, 512x512)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>434812
very nice. it will be just a different way of creating art
>>
File: diffuse-the-rest-62(3).png (283 KB, 400x400)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>436637
I would
>>
>>436857
Don't worry that will be fixed in future updates, 10 years from now art skills will be completely worthless.
>>
>>437656
I doubt it will even take that long.
2 years max.

honestly nobody in their right mind would argue against artistically stimulating products done by a human dying at this point. everyone who doesnt believe it either didnt try any of the current programs themselves, has way to high expectations from judiciary, knows absolutely nothing about big corporation media firms or simply isnt able to physically comprehend.

imagine the flood of funds these businesses will keep facing the more progress they make. imagine the hope to be the one leading this future market. imagine the greed for calculating all sorts of things that are beyond pure images.
in the end all data is the same. bunch o' ones and zeros!
This is huge. we cannot even understand. 50 years from now we'll be looking back at today and wonder how weird a worldview we had. absolutely every nuance of life will be changing.
>>
File: 1668025885848136.png (1.29 MB, 768x1152)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
Indeed. Why would someone pay and stress with a gd freelancer to give me minimum effort mountain of designs to pick from that don't under the concept behind what they're designing for, when I can get large batch files from a incubating machine god in no time? It's already moggimg /ic/. You semi-automated /gd/ and /3/ niggers are the first to go
>>
>>435245
rectangular centered, wide angle news photograph of young Chuck Berry plays guitar on stage, live rock concert, crowded theater, 1956 (Full_Body_Shot portrait), photograph, digital photography, vibrant color, Eos 1v, 85mm, Portra 400, depth of field, volumetric
>>
>>435245
>>
>>436736
>But how stolen are these images tho?

How dense are you?

Current artists take inspiration and references from other existing works. Is that stolen as well? It's a very similar process to how AI generates this stuff.
>>
>>437756
>>437755
Annnd...still looks nothing like Chuck Berry and despite getting the race right would be no more likely to cause someone to guess "Chuck Berry???" without a guitar for context than the one that looks like Neil Young's cousin on vacation.
>>
>>437795
you fucking moron.
stop regurgitating with that kind of certainty stuff you dont even understand. what do you even know about how AI works to just repeat this statement without a hint of doubt or proof for expertise.
there is a group of people who conceptualize like you did, yes.
but that doesnt mean it is the whole truth. at most it is one possible part of the truth. seriously what do you know about anything to act as if you can pull stuff out your ass without even giving logical reason or examples.
please reevaluate yourself.

The Ai is not a tool/invention that is separable of the images it is being trained on, just as a car is not separable of the motor that is built into it.
no images - no AI.
no motor - no car.
the ai is not the blank programm itself before being trained. the ai is the domesticated form of that program.
yet the car manufacturer has to face legal systems aimed at protecting the work of other real people. people who are only able to provide value to society because a system of rules protects them from being exploited.
---
the car company has to pay the person (or group of people) who owns intellectual property in the form of a motor.
---
and just like that an AI is nothing without these things built into it that are made by other people; images.

reality is messy. sometimes artists should be charged for using ideas of others, yet often enough they arent. that is in cases a sad truth. and in others beneficial to us all. reality is fucking messy.
yet either way a machine relying on work of others as a crucial piece and not paying a fair return is not the same as a person being inspired by something.
after all a machine/object has no rights.
but rights need to be in place as to not allow social entities of unmatchable power to fuck up everyones life without being held responsible for it.
>>
Have any of you tried it for anything professional? Like "Logo for mid-size furniture retailer, modern, clean"
Even just for inspiration of basic elements
>>
File: cj9xbq03e7z91.png (3.91 MB, 1920x1920)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB PNG
>>437798
Yes with stable diffusion There are actually some really good models, and you yourself can train models to follow i.e a certain style to get consistent results.

This is useful for shit like icons or banners. I know /gd/ is a slow board but I am surprised that there isn't much talk on this.
https://huggingface.co/jvkape/IconsMI-AppIconsModelforSD
There are others and you can get a pretty good results but will less consistency with vanilla SD 1.5.
>>
>>437797

Oh god you're a moron. But I'll entertain you.

First, I'm a fucking software developer, so I do know a thing or two about programming an AI. Also work on a company that deals with this kind of shit, although on a different field, not in generating some random 'artwork' - But deep down it's all the same.

How the fuck can you say "no images - no AI". Firstly, educate your fucking self. What we call "AI" nowadays, is just a buzzword for what is actually machine learning. A program where you train it with input to generate a desired output. You can have a motor and not have a car - The motor is the "AI". You feed it fuel and it goes BRR, but without the fuel it's still a fucking motor. That's what the machine learning algorithm does - You write a program that given a number of inputs, spits out a 'prediction' of what the output would look like. These Image generators work just in the same way, you feed it a prompt and it spits out an image. How that works is because it was trained on a model, like other machine learning algorithms - Feed it a data set, that associates each image with a text-based description, and the AI stores in it's memory that the word "duck" can look like the 3 million images of ducks it has stored. So when you tell it to give you an image of a duck, it looks at the "knowledge" of those images, and spits out a "new" duck image.

If I tell an AI do draw a duck, and it samples from 7000 different artists/photographers, should I credit them all on the final image? don't think so, and this is no different from you drawing a fucking duck. You've seen ducks, you've seen pictures and drawings of ducks, so you can probably draw a fucking duck. Are you gonna credit everything you've ever seen?

Your examples are just too fucking stupid and prove you know next to nothing about AI
>>
>>437835
lol homie
>I am a software developer so I know a thing or two
fucking kek.
don't you think the main message of that introduction was
>without even giving logical reason or examples
?
literally you just burped the most basic bitch answer imaginable, when in fact some interest for actual solutions would be so more adequate. and I want to make you responsible for that.
you saying you'd be concerned with tech makes it even more ridiculous. you should be familiar enough with this stuff to be able and not just suckle on easy to digest headline-concepts.
I don't know how you would argue against anything I wrote in that first part besides of
>NOOOOOOOO

Of course AI is a buzzword. but literally we all know that. you think users of 4chan started using the web like yesterday?
hindering discussion with that shit like COME OOOOON
there is no point talking about that shit anymored.
The subject is publicly easiest to target with the term AI. might as well accept it for sake of discussing actually important and beneficial matters instead of fucking around with stupid words.

1/2
>>
>>437836
2/3
dude. no. the programm we download and use and coloqually refer to as 'AI' (eventhough you understandably dislike the term) is not the raw machine learning algorythm from before training.
arguably the bigger part of work manifested as this 'AI-thing-product' as it runs on my computer lies in logistics and energyconsumption of trainingcenters as well as pure production of training data.
and that training data was taken from people who didn't sell them their property for doing so.
>an AI without training data is useless. just as a car without motor is useless. and with any product the work of people who contribute to its usability HAVE to be compensated.
argue why it would be otherwisse!
Do you really think a person who photographs animals for a living is okay with a corporation stealing his artistic skills for framing a duck in order to kill this same photographer?
a mechanical engineer doesnt have to build each motor in order to own its theoretical value. and it's the same with personal artistic principles which are being stolen just as the textural details of a fucking feather.

The AI is not only drawing A duck. It is drawing all of the components inside a rasterized image, many of which are result of pure human expertise. even if you yourself have no clue about composition, lighting, focus, bokeh or any other abstract principles leading to beautiful images, the machine picks up all of them, without acknowledging how incredibly much time and effort went into creating its sum.
in case of a human doing work and owning a picture you wouldn't say 'this person owns the concept of a duck'. they own the fucking image because it takes expertise, time and effort.
yet as soon as an AI did it you act as if the only thing it does is reproduce a duck, when it actually rips of this whole set of expertise as well.
>>
>>437837
3/3
the AI doesn't invent motors. it builds motors based on property owned by others. The people who were thrown into the training data are obviously being ripped off.

if (as you say) it actually would be no problem at all to teach a computer what a duck is, corps wouldn't have to rely on peoples property.

and I am really curious how you think it would be fair for real existing people with real existing jobs and real existing children should be ripped of like that 'because cool toy that draws my dnd characters'
>>
>>437836
>>437837
>>437839

Machine learning algo is one thing, training data is another. Yea we use AI for everything and it's easier to just say "it's an AI", even if it's used for the most basic bitch thing like scanning a QR code with your phone. Misuse of terms annoys the fuck out of me, but that's also because literal autism. Anyway.

An "AI" exists without it's training data. That data just makes it work, but the algorithm is there. The training data is nothing without the AI either, so that motor/car example doesn't quite work. You can have a car without a motor and still look at it and "yep, that's a car, it just doesn't go very far".

As for the AI using everyone's knowledge to produce images, that's just the way it is. It sucks for artists that worked hard on developing those skills, and I can sympathise as I was a graphic designer before switching to software dev ( better pay and design clients fucking suck ). Even with basic shit like photoshop neural filters. I spent years learning PS and even did a side gig restoring and colouring old photos. Photoshop does most of it with a single click now, and any 14 year old can do what took me years to achieve. Sucks to be me. In any case AI isn't going to stop just because of some copyrights grey area. I'm making the argument that what an AI does is not much different from learning by yourself, during some years of studying light, composition, framing, anatomy, etc etc, condensed into a neatly packed "training data" package. Humans have that training data as well, it just takes longer to learn and practice vs an actual machine.
>>
>>437840
2/2

>and I am really curious how you think it would be fair for real existing people with real existing jobs and real existing children should be ripped of like that 'because cool toy that draws my dnd characters'

It's not, like most new tech. It wasn't fair for any profession that died because of technology, like when cars appeared, industrial mass production of objects/furniture, digital editing/painting tools, etc. I'm sure there's a shit ton of examples, and in all of them, people losing jobs or seeing their set of skills become nearly obsolete did not stop progress. AI is just the next one in line, and sadly artists are the next to go, for the most part.

It's also a really fucking dangerous path if you ask me. I like AI, I like writing some shit and seeing a cool image pop out, but millions other people are doing the same right now. There's so many AI generated images right now that in a few years time, most of digital images will be AI generated, and that will just lead to a loop of training data, where AIs are being trained on AI generations - original pieces and criativity will be a niche thing, and maybe that's were artists can re-emerge? But then AI will get trained on that as well. Fuck everything I guess and just ride the wave.
>>
>>437840
>>437841
god you are such a cunt
'I have autism'

nobody cares about your little personal reasons or little personal life.
I don't care you are software dev.
I don't care you are autistic.
I don't care you did graphic design.
We are literally two humans and all we can do is search arguments to inform our decisions. and someone saying they're this or that is absolutely fucking unnecessary garbage but instead nopthing more than a sad attempt to excuse mistakes.

holy fucking shit.
>other technological advancements.
I am not against machine learning.
I said the people contributing to its existence have to be compensated AND asked.
Believe me. people will gladly provide their images to this corporation who pays you for giving them YYOUR KNOWLEDGE AND TIME.
BUT THAT DOESNT HAPPEN IN REALITY.
they just take it. and they build products around it. and a narrative in order to market future products. and fags like you repeat the shit without any care or original thought.
if they are clever enough to build this thing purely from their own work, so be it.
BUT THEY ARE STEALING MY AND YOUR AND OTHERS TIME AND EFFORT AND TALENT WITHOUT COMPENSATING.
>>
>>437839
when you have to start numbering your posts - stop posting
>>
>>437843
when you have nothing to contribute stop posting
>>
>>437842
>BUT THEY ARE STEALING MY AND YOUR AND OTHERS TIME AND EFFORT AND TALENT WITHOUT COMPENSATING.
Yes they are and they are not gonna stop, and it is just the beginning, the big players are not even here yet.
Now you have 3 choices:
You keep crying like you are doing right now.
You go with the flow and somehow learn to manage your existence with AI, because the technology is here and it's not gonna uninvent itself.
You find another job.

:not the same person you are replying to
>>
>>437855
yo.
crying? did you even read the whole conversation? I am telling some people who are interested why it is indeed theft. these corporations exploit people as workers but do not pay them in return. we are collectively building their product which they will then sell to us and kill our own jobs. this is hardcore legal fraud.

I love using stable diffusion. its an infinite serotonine rush and just incredibly powerful already. yet it is theft. and Id wish this thing in its current state was banned, since a stable society is worth way more.

also what you are saying about just going with it isn't true either. now I am not saying it is false. but to be frank we all can individually decide whether we are shutting our mouths about it or not. I am not disillusioned enough to think me or anyone doing this or that thing would change this or that for good. but after all I at some point of the day have to be able to go to sleep, and at some point in time Ill even die.
And honestly your approach doesn't make either one particularly comfy.
>>
>>437855
a last thought and food for more discussion.
I have a question I do not have a complete answer to.

but why do you think the big players are still waiting a bit?
I would guess it is because they know that the moment they start entering this big scale, legal investigation would immediately multiply. the best reason I came up with yet is that they hope for a moment of maximum disruption and social acceptance. they are trying to fly under the radar. this is a test round many different stakeholders have all kinds of interest in. eventho at the same time I wouldn't necessarily say
>the big players are not even here yet
just like that anyways.

as I said, I dunno the answer.
I am making shit up at this point.
maybe you have better ideas.
>>
>>435528
>I will be adapting.
Yes. We should all learn to change old people diapers.
>>
>>434812
Best thing to happen to hacks since Photoshop.
Results will be similar: a torrent of limited range mediocre lookalikes in pastel colours.
>>
>>437857
>>437858
Google and other big companies have an army of AI/ML engineers and infinite amount of data to train from. SD is one of the biggest practical use case that came out of AI/ML.

>but why do you think the big players are still waiting a bit?
I'm a programmer, I can offer a different perspective on what they are waiting for. I'm neither a graphics designer nor a legal expert, so take this with a grain of salt.
I think they are not only working on the technology but creating a business model to put into effect. Millions of artists worldwide, they can't just let that go to drain. This is not like automating customer support services, because they were mostly low IQ tards, where the biggest business opportunity was to outright kill the market. It is better to charge artists a monthly subscription rather than killing a workforce altogether. It would take a few years to reach there, but I believe that AI and artists can coexist and what I mean by that is to reduce the gap they will create tech that is not as basic as prompt based art like it is right now and won't be as complicated/delayed as drawing something from scratch, but something in the middle and that, I believe, in the end will benefit both: the artist and the art.
>>
>>436435
Stable Diffusion.
>>
>>437179
Stable Diffusion has "negative" prompt words such as "missing fingers", "broken fingers", so that they don't get into the final drawing.
>>437191
Matter of quality. Coomers don't care about it, only about consooming quantity.
>>
>>437796
The issue seems to be that this Chuck Berry is a literal who.
>>
>>434812
You guys all realize that this "art" is all non copywritable and therefore commercially useless right?
>>
>>438009
>commercially useless

lol
>>
>>437946
yep. If they told me to draw Chuck Berry I'd have no fucking clue as to what they even want from me.

>>438009
Why, if you want to write a shitty ren.py porn game and sell it to perverts on patreon, you now no longer need to pay a person who can actually draw a cartoon Emma Watson sucking dick. That's quite useful, commercially.

"Artists", on the other hand, will now need to do something actually creative in order to sustain themselves. Like, I don't know, actual art.
>>
Made with stable on nightcafe
>>
current AI models are censored GARBAGE
wait until someone cracks this shit wide open until then all this AI shit can F_U_C_K OFF
>>
>>434812
It's not fucking "over". Stable Diffusion is illustration, not graphic design. And it's pretty fucking sterile illustration.
>>
File: bnbz325ka4041.png (503 KB, 542x767)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
https://imgur.com/a/DTXg6Q5
>>
>>434812
Is there a way to prompt SD to use a specific version of the four images it spits out with revised prompts, or am I stuck downloading, cropping, and re-uploading images to post with a new prompt?
>>
>>434812
...the shadows are wrong?
>>
>>434812
why not just trace from photos, cgi or pictures from other "artists" like many of these wannabes do all the time? I see no big difference and nothing really new here. Just another possible method.
>>
so i've been messing with the krita plugin and the workflow is interesting.
you can get fairly granular, but there's always rng.
feels a bit like photobashing or even collaging but the photos you're bashing are being produced on-demand, in context.
it removes a lot of the skill required to integrate new elements in (sometimes you still need to tweak h/s/l or levels).

as with anything you can start to inject skill into this. i'd say that most people using this right now are people with basically no shoop skills or an eye for composition (and they're incredibly lazy). autists will always autist and there's potential here to generate images at scales previously unfeasible due to time and labour constraints.

i'd encourage people to try it even if you have reservations about the whole thing. you have an opportunity to be at the bleeding edge of something that is definitely going to stick around and you have existing skills that will elevate you over the average proompter.
>>
i think the biggest reason this tech will eventually die is

1. like tracing, it fills people with shame. it is literally impossible to be an "ai artist" and get any sort of real fulfillment out of it since it's devoid of any creative process, that is unless youre delusional to the point of clinical level narcicissm. and

2. once the tech gets advanced enough where it can copy signature style, i think at that point even artists whove been on the fence about this issue or just didnt care will start giving a fuck and lastly

3. society has always shunned plagiarists and assholes, and i think the abrasive demanor alot of ai bros display and their persistent harassment of artists (even ones that least deserve it, like actually good twitter artists that are happy making a relatively meager living off their work) will come back to bite them in the ass real hard.
>>
>>439637
>AI art is devoid of any creative process
Having an idea and forming a concept is the first and most inportant part of the creative process. AI will help with the technical aspect of creating art and make the technical skill mostly worthless. Physical art will hold its value but the technical aspect of digital art is dead. Consequently contemporary artist and ai artist are forced to use their creativity even more then before, not less.
>>
>>439638
having an idea isnt a skill. a movie critic offering suggestions on how to make a movie better (valid or not) isnt the same as being the " better director". no one is "the better director, in theory" or "the better artist, in theory". if you are something only "in theory", then chances are you are essentially nothing. atleast as far as that "skill" you claim to have is concerned. there's a good reason for skill segregation existing, and that is to seperate lazy sacks of shit from people that arent lazy sacks of shit. you dont wanna be called a lazy sack of shit? well dont claim to be an "artist". i'm by no means saying only artists can be great people, but you can lead a fulfilling and meaningful life w/o claiming to be something youre not. to put things more plainly: you arent a "hunter" if all you did was press a button to make the deer drop dead. there's no inherent worth in your lived experiences and they dont "deserve" to be visualized simply by virtue of you having been born. like, get a grip you faggot. you can delude yourself into thinking youre "injecting skill" into it by applying your base level grasp of photoshop to whatever it is youre stealing, but deep down you know that is essentially the same as claiming to be some maths savant because you know all the specific commands you can run on a calculator. and thats what you are. a cuckhold. you are being CRUELLY cuckholded by a calculator and no amount of semantics can change that.
>>
>>439637
>>439641
you need to stop being so naive

>>439638
you need to actually make something for once in your life
>>
>>439642
i think its healthier for me to be optimistic about this. alot of the ai people seem to just cant help themselves but be absolute cunts the way they approach the artists theyre training their ai on. i think they are cunty enough that they'll be universally hated at the latest once the tech matures to a point where they start stealing from actually good arists.
>>
>>439643
the tech can be trained by anyone on any art right now for very little money.

look, i'm of the view that within the decade these models will absolutely destroy the bottom and middle of the 2d commercial art market in most of its forms. i believe that these models are ethically dubious at best even if they skirt around existing laws.

however, i've still used them for few dozen hours now and i'm trying to keep up. i would highly recommend you do the same.
this stuff is not going anywhere, because the "productivity gains" afforded by this stuff can't be ignored from an economic standpoint.

eventually someone's going to come into a meeting having done 5x the work you have looking very polished for an early stage and the boss will ask how and they will say "ai" and any ethical concerns will go out the window.

adapt or die. and i don't mean "just use it like any other tool, bro" because that shit is garbage that clowns say. i mean build an entirely new workflow around it.

it sucks, but learn to work with it and do it well.
>>
>>439642
also i think you underestimate people's capacity for feeling intense shame over the realization of their own inadequacies. the people who dont feel shame and continue being mean spirited envious cunts will get bullied so intensely that they'll have no choice but to retreat to some very obscure corner of the internet just like what happened with all the deepfake porn.
>>
>>439644
i would have no issue over training my own art on ai to increase my productivity, but i still wanna be able to create a great piece of draftsmanship from scratch.
>>
>>439646
> but i still wanna be able to create a great piece of draftsmanship from scratch.
i'd encourage you to continue doing that, however, what you want and what may be a viable economically in 5 years may not be the same.
all i'm saying is, just get familiar with what's out there right now and keep up with it. you already have an edge over non-artists.
get set up with krita plugin (the photoshop one is a bit jank right now) and experiment with it for fun.
don't show anyone what you're doing. try making things you'd normally never make. get familiar with the tech and working around the limitations.
but again, don't go in trying to use it like a plugin for your existing work. just explore it for a bit and see where the limits and weaknesses are.
peace.
>>
also i dont think anyone below high academic level draftsmanship should even be eligable for being able to purchase an ai at all. you can call it "gatekeeping" but i have no problem with that. gatekeeping is important actually.
>>
>>437845
you first xD
>>
>>439647
i will prolly do that at some point this year fasho, but rn i just wanna focus on drawing better:p peace brother HH
>>
File: IMG-20221218-WA0025.jpg (60 KB, 1080x845)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>435417
the anon in question:
>>
>>439637
>society has always shunned plagiarists and assholes
You ever looked at the billboard charts or highest grossing movies. People love derivative garbage that looks like a million bucks, AI art is derivative garbage that looks like million bucks. Basically everything popular is made by formulas and algorithmic thought models, this is just the next logical step where you just cut out the middle man and let a robot do it.
>>
>>439702
This isn't untrue but what also isn't untrue is that the people who are the most alarmist about AI and who white knight for "real artists" as if art itself needs them to survive are also some of the worst offenders when it comes to reflexively shitting on any original art that doesn't rigidly conform to a formula that loosely falls under the banner of what "tradition" dictates is "worthy".
They do it with art and architecture and music; there's nothing wrong with traditional art and music or architecture but there's something intensely wrong with acting like it's superior to all else by default and that the existence of different perspectives and styles is an existential threat to all that is "good", that must be shamed and actively suppressed to save art and artists.
Quality creative works stand on their own merits and don't need some self appointed gatekeeper with the aesthetic sense of a grandma to survive.

tl;dr: ai excels at replicating EXACTLY the kind of art and design that it's detractors pretend is unique and superior PRECISELY because that "traditional" shit they love is formulaic as hell.
>>
>>439704
I fear that only shitty MS Paint memes will be an indicator of human craftsmanship in the future. The only area where humans can outcompete a neural network is the same way the jock outcompetes the nerd.
>>
>>437840
>design clients fucking sucking

its so true, most time you cant draw and waste time with chat to35-ish iq idiots how to iterate

ok artists are the first, some years later programmers will replaced too by ai

its kinda depressing. but its the progress.
>>
>>436435
Time to wake up anon
>>
>>435585
Yes, inpainting (where eit only generates within the masked portion of a given image) should handle that.

But you're basically using sledgehammer to open a walnut. Photoshop can do simple colour changes very easily too.
>>
>>439410
If you're running it locally with the web UI there should be a "send to img2img" button which passes the file directly to the img2img section for that.
>>
>>436674
>then literally nobody will need to work, so everything is fine
why do miditwits think this is will be a good thing?
>>
>>439643
it's true, I was Ai neutral for a time, but seeing how Ai bros treat artists have made me mostly against AI and cheering on the cultural backlash.
>>
>>435417
>today

this images have are at least from september
>>
>>440018
anon-chama...
>>
File: LMMFAOAI.jpg (164 KB, 907x1239)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>440017
>cultural backlash

LOL, literally nobody outside of a tiny group of alleged "artists" who can't outperform a computer gives a fraction of a shit about any of this, ESPECIALLY the fragile fee-fees of said "artists".
"cultural backlash"... stop it, you're killing me!
>>
>>436770
I have a 3070 and can generate images in seconds. Though it has to run all night to train embeddings.
>>
>>439644
>adapt or die. and i don't mean "just use it like any other tool, bro" because that shit is garbage that clowns say. i mean build an entirely new workflow around it.
That might buy you a couple of years but ultimately the writing is on the walls. You can't adapt to a dead field and the people who think they can are huffing overdose levels of copium. The truth is that people are scared shitless of how bleak the future is and they don't want to accept that there's nothing in their control they can do about it.
>>
>>434953
chrome lords
>>
>>440081
>The truth is that people are scared shitless of how bleak the future is and they don't want to accept that there's nothing in their control they can do about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p85FTLv5_-M
>>
>>434953
cope
>>91339053
>>
File: 1675545266219022.png (309 KB, 512x512)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>440587
>>434953
>>
File: sonic.jpg (168 KB, 1024x1153)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>434823
>>
>>435417
LOL, it's trying so hard not to make her korean because this model was trained on so much korean
>>
>>435558
>artists are too pussy and love this!
are you a moron?
>>
>>440588
she has two completely different pupils and her bilateral symmetry is way off. again, it's a cool technology for prototyping or even just getting you something that you can then edit yourself, and not have to pay 200 bills for the getty image.
>>
>>436435
Free and easy
https://github.com/EmpireMediaScience/A1111-Web-UI-Installer
>>
This makes stickmandrawing even more important
>>
>>437835
coding bros seeeeeeeeeeething hahahahhhahahahahahhahahh
>>
>>437868
HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA
>they gonna use machines to pick the cotton now but i'm sure they'll keep all us niggers employed working alongside the machine ayo fr
the delusion is only outshone by the cope
>>
>>434953
check out >>>/g/sdg they make plenty of good stuff
>>
Go check /g/, they are in full meltdown woth the release of chatGPT4, coders have effectively become the first group of professionals in human history to remove themselves from the market.
>>
File: 00109-3767357810.png (401 KB, 512x512)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
i'm a beginner
>>
>>439637
>1. like tracing, it fills people with shame. it is literally impossible to be an "ai artist" and get any sort of real fulfillment out of it since it's devoid of any creative process, that is unless youre delusional to the point of clinical level narcicissm.
Doing anything you don't like for a living can turn into shame. You get over it quickly if it's the easiest method.

>2. once the tech gets advanced enough where it can copy signature style, i think at that point even artists whove been on the fence about this issue or just didnt care will start giving a fuck and lastly
How does that impact any of this?

>3. society has always shunned plagiarists and assholes, and i think the abrasive demanor alot of ai bros display and their persistent harassment of artists (even ones that least deserve it, like actually good twitter artists that are happy making a relatively meager living off their work) will come back to bite them in the ass real hard.
Society doesn't give a shit about plagiarists. They only care about products they're used to buying. The only time being an asshole matters is if you have to personally deal with them or they're somehow under the media/gossip spotlight. Most people plagiarize and are assholes.
>>
>>436770
There are some benchmarks comparing graphic cards if you google 'em. I'm still running it on a laptop 1050 because I'm broke but I usually prompt an X/Y matrix and leave it running while I sleep because it takes my computer 5-10 minutes to generate a 512x512 image.
>>
>>442551
>Society doesn't give a shit about plagiarists.

More importantly, the art world and those in positions of authority within it not only don't give a shit on moral/ethical grounds, they regularly refuse to take action regarding counterfeit art when doing so might call attention to the fact that they fucked up and authenticated it as genuine.

To do so would obviously be a hit to their credibility as professional authorities, but also risks exposing the fact that what they lavish praise on as "special" is so un-special that some unknown schmo can replicate it well enough to fool alleged experts.

That's a huge reason for all the wailing about AI; if all the "human element" and "soul" and approval from gatekeepers *actually* mattered, AI wouldn't be a threat, just as some unknown guy with a bunch of old paper making fake Rembrandt pencil sketches shouldn't be a problem.

And it's not just shady dealers and incompetent curators and authenticators who do it, artists themselves have signed the works of assistants for the easy money going back centuries, and Dali is one of the most counterfeited artist of all time in part because he would sign blank litho paper and sell it directly to forgers behind his legitimate publishers back.
>>
Midjourney v5
>>
>>434953
>>
File: 16792977796714213.jpg (595 KB, 2048x2048)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>
>>438045
can you elaborate what your prompt was and your settings? love this
>>
>>442610
Computer: what if Jesus were white?
>>
>>435585
There's a couple of ways,
1: Use img2img and set a low denoising rate so the image doesn't change much except for hair color
2: Use pix2pix plugin (it's basically a better version of img2img that doesn't change anything of the source image except what you want to change) and specify the difference in hair color in the prompt
3:Inpainting, just cover the hair and specify the hair color in the prompt, keep the de-noising strength low so it looks close to the original
4:Use controlnet and set the original image as the source and select "canny" for both prerender and redner options and specify you want the hair color changed in the prompt.

Honestly though it would be a lot easier to change hair color in any digital art program (photoshop, paint.net, gimp) by just selecting the hair and altering the hue of the selected area.
>>
>>437797
>stop regurgitating with that kind of certainty stuff you dont even understand. what do you even know about how AI works to just repeat this statement without a hint of doubt or proof for expertise.
how ironic
>>
File: SwiggitySWURGER.png (1.54 MB, 1024x1024)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
It's fun to play with composites in controlnet.
>>
>>436474
Nigger
>>
>>436857
So paint them correctly using real drafstmanship, knowledge of anatomy and painting skills, faggot.
>>
>>440017
>cultural backlash

Lmao
>>
File: 00053.png (2.48 MB, 1536x1536)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
>>434812
Stable Diffusion. Graphic designers are fucked.
>>
So here I was.
Thought I would take a look at gd/.
Damn. I'm blown away.

If I'm getting this digested right..
Is it soon going to be possible to make and animate your own movies with just a script and a few character drawings?
NGL. I'm going to be first on that bandwagon.

I wanted to make some movies that deal with subject mater way to far out and to real to bring to light with real people doing the acting.

I can see this being a rise in the slash or horror flicks from days past.
For me? Its going to be me an my Laptop creating again anywhere in the world.

Just roll some fiber and I'm set.
NGL bro's. This future looks bright!
>>
Everyone gets blown away by AIs at first until they realize their limitations.

Right now AI art is a toy. The most powerful model available rn is a fucking Discord bot, and it has a distinct aesthetic you can spot at thumbnail size.
>>
>>443736
Yes AI art is readily identifiable as AI art but will corporations and their consumers care? Getting “human made art” will become an eccentric niche of an already eccentric niche
>>
Can I create goal! NES style character with ai?
>>
I hate to break it to you... But everything here looks like what it is... A dogshit A.I. piece of "art". Have you seen art? Do you realize that everything from decent lighting and shadows to depth is missing from these? A.I. is by far the least impressive and overrated thing to come out in a while.... Try rendering any sort of complex geometry or fleshed out image with a.i....
>>
>>436979
download a VAE brother, your colours suck
>>
>>442546
download a VAE, same as I told the other fella
>>
>>435558
actually the courts will get to it and the whole thing will shut down so i'm using my chance while i still got it.
if you knew how to use ai as a tool, you'd figure out how not good it is and how much touching up it needs to look good
>>
>>444199
>anon thinks art is about the technical shit.
no it's fucking not. AI lacks human creativity, it will always lack that because it simply can't get into our head
>>
Midjourney is very fun and also quite addictive. Bearing in mind it is only at a very rudimentary stage, I think AI art will have effects on human psychology as drastic as social media and smartphones did.

From just using Midjourney for a little while, its strange how you feel a sense of creative satisfaction whenever it returns an image, even though all you did was type in a few random words and wait a few seconds. It will have the effect of turning every NPC into an "artist" and devaluing the time and effort that goes into genuine human creativity. It also makes you look at things irl and question if they are actually real or not, certain things begin to have an AI "look" to them. Hard to explain.

Art, fashion and music have long been dominated by hipsterish referencing of past eras and aesthetic movements and most young people obsess over nostalgia from times when they were not even born. AI art will fuel this x100 with every Zoomer inserting themself into their very own 80s budget horror movie or whatever.

Perhaps there will be a rise in niche movements where people pay a premium for real human art, similar to people choosing to buy expensive handmade art prints and homewares over mass produced stuff or choosing vinyl over downloads. But all in all, it will fuck artists and especially entry/mid level designers and writers in the long term. Directors will simply sign off and modify the tons of work that intern drones churn out with AI.

It does genuinely feel like one of those technological watershed moments. Yes, right now AI Art and ChatGPT are pretty crude but this is just the very beginning of whats to come.
>>
Even if human-made art continues to exist, it's going to be much harder to make it (and learn how to make it) when the entire infrastructure designed to support human artists collapses. You are a market just as much as your clients are.
>>
>>444256
>human artists
anon is talking about people who make ads
>>
I see Art/Creative Director jobs asking to have AI skills.

What are the best FREE art and chat AIs?

I will never pay them a bloody cent, fuck em.
>>
>>440827
kek that's a slaughter
>>
I'm a professional graphic designer and illustrator. I also did a little bit of motion and 3D. Overall I have pretty wide set of skills and I take commissions in a lot of different fields of design and illustrations, from branding to characters design and animation.

For a few months now I'm trying to "take the pill" and do what AI bros are suggesting but it just doesn't work. AI can generate random-ish pretty images and it might fascinate normies and people without natural talent or imagination(like AI bros) but for me it is completely useless. I see a lot of people who, I assume always wanted to be artists but couldn't, trying to LARP themselves into art and bully everyone else out. It is very strange how AI is the future and how it is officially "over" but yet none of the AI bros can explain to me how exactly do I use AI in my workflow or what "new job" I should consider. I actually was pretty scared at first when AI started to make improvements, but now it seems more and more like a gimmick. So far the only real implementation of AI I saw in art fields are AI porn and some twitter accounts who post anime art but for some reason are really afraid of people who comment that it is AI generated. Oh, and a lot of tiktok accounts with the same issue - post a lot of AI art but very scared every time someone mentions it is AI generated.

So maybe at least here some of the AI bros can explain to me exact steps of how do I use AI in my job? Without mental breakdown if it's possible.
>>
>>443943
Nah. People don’t want AI art. It’s really no different from grabbing an image of Google search. They won’t value it.
>>
>>444302
AI stuff is mostly unusable for high-quality work. I had to generate over 400 images to get the exact rock formation I wanted for an image, for example. I use AI to generate compositions and color combinations and textures. The amount of inpainting and img2img you have to do to get something decent it’s insane. It’s great for photographs but for anything relying on clean lines like vector art. Even if you get the image, you cannot even feel satisfied. It’s essentially a stock image that you could have bought before for $1 that now costs $1+ after renting the GPU for two hours to generate all those variations.
>>
>>444444
>>
File: AiArt_1684239867895.jpg (196 KB, 2048x2048)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>
I was curious and playing around with ai art. Did not even trying hard. Even had some mistakes in my prompt. It came up with this.

OMG! WE ARE FUCKED!
for real, no kidding

I totally could totally draw something like this myself, But not this fast! Now everybody with no skills and a rough idea can do it.

We are coachmen on a hose drawn carriage.
Worked well for centuries but someone just invented the car.
>>
>>434838
>We're living in a simulation and people don't realize it.
Then I pray I find the cheat code to make my waifu real.
>>
File: 00070-1310600983.png (562 KB, 544x800)
562 KB
562 KB PNG
>>
>>444482
least glowing aibro
>>
File: 1680629438357325.jpg (106 KB, 1024x1024)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>434953
I thought this one was pretty good.
>>
>>444482
What is the monetary value of such illustration? Why have talented artists draw ruffles and hair for two hours? It's a better use of their time to "AI" paint into it or make manual adjustments.
>>
Hi anons, I'm wondering if a platform like what I'm thinking of exists:
Ideally something between upwork / an image board. The idea is to allow anons who are good at proompting to make a bit of money by selling their shit to whoever.
- business posts a bounty amount and a description of an image they want (ie a logo, background graphic, art asset etc...)
- anons submit images that satisfy the description
- business chooses their favorite from the submissions within a time-limit, the anon who created the submission receives the bounty

If there's something out there that fulfills the same use-case I'd be interested in knowing about it.
>>
>>434953

https://aibooru.online/posts?tags=szephaj+&z=5
>>
>>434812
Is there a guide to getting stable diffusion running? I'm retarded, thanks.
>>
File: Duchamp-Fountain-copy.jpg (118 KB, 600x486)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
It's over for artists! Ready Made art means anyone can become an artist! I've studied for nothing! Dadaism is the death of art!
>>
>>445157
I think dadaism isn't a lost case, but letting anyone do art is
Like, you can use a banana to represent how idiotic this idea is, literraly a banana in a wall of a museum is being seen as art, but to let anyone with any shitty reason do whatever they call art and put that into a museum is just retarded, I went to a museum and saw litteral bags of hair aside of a video of the women who cut her hair and put in those bags, wtf is this supposed to criticize or mean?
>>
>>442752
Would I be able to sketch out a concept and have the software turn it into an oil painting, for example?
>>
File: drawing_before.png (7 KB, 530x529)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>445251
already possible, here's a tutorial: https://huggingface.co/blog/controlnet

you can add any arbitrary prompts, styles, limitations to your sketch

img2img doesn't work as well for sketches, the controller sketch model was designed specifically for that task
>>
File: drawing_after.jpg (183 KB, 1088x1088)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>445255
here's the result using the sketch from my previous post
>>
>>445256
Holy shit thats awesome. Forgive the questions, but I just found this thread. I've been doing some research on SD but am wondering if I can effectively do img2img on the browser without installing the software? If I made a detailed pencil sketch, for instance, how much control could I have over the output?
>>
>>445257
there are some web services that let you do img2img for free or on a credit system with a few dozen free attempts, for example this is made by the ppl who develop stable diffusion: https://stability.ai/ there are a few similar web services maintained by enthusiasts

However, the images sketches above use ControlNet, which is an extension model that you install (kind of like a browser extension for stable diffusion), I'm not aware of any web services that support it.

It's free and you can install it on your laptop / PC but stable diffusion does require a decent GPU with at least 2GB of vram.

> If I made a detailed pencil sketch, for instance, how much control could I have over the output?
That's up to you. You can choose to have absolute control regarding outlines and let SD fill in the rest, or maybe force it to use 80% of the outlines and come up with the rest. Similarly, you can select parts of the image to follow your sketch 100% and parts to only follow it roughly.
>>
>>445258
>That's up to you. You can choose to have absolute control regarding outlines and let SD fill in the rest, or maybe force it to use 80% of the outlines and come up with the rest. Similarly, you can select parts of the image to follow your sketch 100% and parts to only follow it roughly.

What kind of tutorials should I look up for this? I appreciate your kindness.
>>
>>445263
It's pretty easy to get started with YouTube tutorials, this guy makes decent videos.

Here's a beginner playlist for installing & doing basic shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqXpAKVQDNU&list=PLXS4AwfYDUi5sbsxZmDQWxOQTml9Uqyd2

Once you're done with that spend some time with "inpainting" and "Control Net sketch" tutorials

Also don't fall in the trap of just watching videos, install SD asap and start experimenting.
>>
>>445264
Yessir. Thanks again boss
>>
>>436674
So you want artists to "adapt" by ceasing to be artists and joining the AIbrotards?
>>
>>436736
>if I was to use it commercially thinking the AI generated something totally original, I could be infringing on the artists rights since remixes of works (unless to the point of complete obscurity but then it's a moot point) are infringement and cannot be copyrighted.
That's the beauty of it, AI art can't be copyrighted, so it can't be copyright infringement because AI only learns by looking at art not outright copying it just like human artists have done over the millennia so all you have to do is change the art a little bit in Photoshop and copyright it as yourself and voila you have loopholed Disney and all the other capitalist shits and democratized art.
>>
>>437797
>no images - no AI.
>no motor - no car.
And no inspiration to look at - no human "artist", when people lived in caves all they drew was bisons and shit.
>>
>>437839
>how you think it would be fair for real existing people with real existing jobs and real existing children should be ripped of like that 'because cool toy that draws my dnd characters'
Why not? Rip off or be ripped off retard it's how the world works why would you expect a free lunch with no sweat off your brow? Become a captain of industry or perish like a dog.
>>
>>439637
>2. once the tech gets advanced enough where it can copy signature style, i think at that point even artists whove been on the fence about this issue or just didnt care will start giving a fuck and lastly
It already can copy it 100% and no one gives a shit about dumb retarded morons who screech into the void about it :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/StableDiffusion/comments/za1d7p/samdoesart_v3_intended_to_improve_both_human/
>>
>>439638
>>Having an idea and forming a concept is the first and most inportant part of the creative process.
exactly the idea guy is the most important in any endeavor everyone else is just a tool
>>
>>439641
Except it literally and exactly is that, the director is the one who makes the movie, he tells everyone what to do, so basically the prompter of AI is the director and AI is all technical roles that are currently being done by dumb unskilled humans who can't have the intellect to direct. If you are too stupid to be the boss go dig ditches because finally the gamma males will rise up.
>>
>>442551
>Most people plagiarize and are assholes.
This, artists are putrid shit inside always always always.
>>
>>443735
Who do you imagine will pay you though?
>>
>>444256
>the entire infrastructure designed to support human artists
So like pencil factories?
>>
>>444302
>I'm a professional graphic designer and illustrator. I also did a little bit of motion and 3D. Overall I have pretty wide set of skills
tl;dr you can't do shit and you think installing blender makes you a 3d artist and buying a tablet makes you an animator
>>
>>444448
Just pay an AI artist to do it for you if you're too incompetent?
>>
>>444482
>We are coachmen on a hose drawn carriage.
No, you're the horses.
>>
>>445256
the hat is too big
>>
>>434812
Nice. Artsy faggots having to get a real job is also nice.
>>
>>445339
>elbows too pointy
it takes 30 seconds to generate 100 images based on this sketch and pick the ones you like for further adjustments
>>
>>445257
this site lets you do img2img for free but it's fairly limited and doesn't let you do inpainting: https://dezgo.com/image2image
>>
>>445351
Designers are welcome to apply here: https://youtu.be/MZsoQqMnPZI
>>
>almost 10 month old thread
Nice board.
>>
>>445398
LOL
>>
>>434953
Then you're not trying hard enough. There's plenty and we're still at the beginning.
>>
>>445535
Ok post some then?
>>
>>445536
I did. The fact that you couldn't tell made my point.

>>445351
>>445398
>>445531
>We're pretending that sacking groceries and flipping burgers aren't in danger of automation.
Should have learned to code. :^) lel
>>
>>445537
>I did. The fact that you couldn't tell made my point.
I couldn't tell what retard?
>>
File: 00784-4258963119.png (2.1 MB, 1432x1432)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
>>445538
>Fails to make a basic connection.
>Calls other people a retard.
I can't suspend my believability to assume you're just ignorant and not actually trolling. We're done. Better luck on /tv/ or /v/.
>>
>>445539
Ok, get back to me when you can post some of the stuff you said you had moron. And stop shitting up the thread with this crap.
>>
meanwhile ai can produce quite realistic results
>>
>>440017
why are you americans so obssessed into being a part of a group, community or race?
why is it so scary for you to be an idividual?
I'm not apart of the "AI bros" crowd neither I'm a "real artist" crowd.
I'm a person and I don't have to choose a group
>>
>>446059
>you americans
>I am not part of a group

kek'd quite a bit.
>>
Anyone have any free browser or less data hungry AI image generators for us laptop bros?
>>
>>446052
for the baguettes. i didn’t mean to make it look like the French flag it just happened to come out that way
>>
>SDXL 0.9 download.
https://pastebin.com/b8kXrkAF
>>
Onions brothers, what will become of us?! We are living on borrowed time. This is the end of us uxui!!!
>>
>>446752
So that's dark, modern and techy.
>>
>>446752
all those dribbble weather todolist statsdashboard apps
like tears
in the rain
>>
>>445538
For some reason he thinks you believed that the images in his previous posts (which obviously look like ai gens) were created by some means other than ai.
>>
File: 00143-4057168558.png (545 KB, 512x768)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
>>446052
yeah its pretty easy to get realistic portraits without much effort now
>>
>>446820
Damn, wish I looked like that.
>>
>>434812
nah, still looks like sloppy generic ai shit
>>
a lot of AI generated stuff is easy to spot, but there is some in
>>>/g/sdg
is already quite convincing. and it's still early days.
>>
File: ailMAO.jpg (302 KB, 2917x1393)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>446838
>sloppy generic ai shit
let's be honest, this is a tool for the handicapped people,
which will also create such individuals and raise new generations.
It's over.
I guess I'll go back to doing illegal urban graffiti
- fuck black mirror screen, I never liked staring at that.shit.
>>
>>445537
>I did. The fact that you couldn't tell made my point.
He could tell, he was asking you to post something that didn't look like AI. You failed repeatedly both in basic text interpretation and in providing what he asked for
>>
>>444233
Yes the courts will save us
>>
File: gina carano ai5.jpg (143 KB, 1024x1024)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>
>>434812
I don't see how this is going to replace graphic designers. Just seems like another option for companies like with most AI.
>>
>>440016

UBI = global mental slavery and we'll all be constantly depressed because we can't do anything better than our machines.
>>
>>445256

Hehehehe it truly is over humanity had a good run
>>
>>445255
>>445256
this illustrates quite well why "it's over" for graphic design as a profession , drawing a basic sketch is enough, AI will do all the hard work
>>
>>445325
Yes, and access to education.The Internet won't help you, the algorithm will force the new and trendy stuff upon you and never allow you to look what has been made 15 minutes before
>>
>>448438
You never had to know how to draw for graphic design. Yes, if your job was to draw pointless anime characters or scenes of lakes and forests or dogs using a firehydrant to piss on, you will no longer get paid five hours at $50 to draw intricate shoelaces and trashcan textures.
>>
>>434812
It's totally out of perspective but ok
>>
>>439638
What idea guys don’t realize is the artist usually has ideas too.
Along with often better ideas due to conceptualizing, thumbnailing, moodboarding and hours of brainstorming instead of a thought process which begins and ends at “what if we combined these two things?”
Commissioner ideas usually are behind lower quality designs in art from my experience, especially their gaudy as fuck OC designs.
>>
>>448787
I work with designers that do pitch decks for commercial work. Typically a studio will have an in house staff art director who will then hire 3-5 freelance designers to come in on a 5 day booking to help build out the deck. Studios are paying to build these pitches out of pocket and many of them never award, so it’s generally a “sunk cost”. Nowadays you’re seeing the in house art director running mid journey to develop the frames for the deck. This is acceptable since it saves these studios who are on super thin margins a ton of cash burn, and if the deck is successful and the commercial pitch awards, there’s always the caveat that the design frames are just for mood and don’t reflect the final product. So for them , AI tools have been a massive success. My design buddies? 70-80 percent of them are out of jobs. Some of these guys have worked with David Fincher, Mark Romanek, Jayz.. and they’re seeing their careers evaporate. It’s beyond naive to assume this isn’t happening.
>>
File: th.jpg (17 KB, 474x232)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Get ready, bucks! You'll soon be broken…
>>
>>434823
yeah we know it is soulless, you and i and everyone else here is an artist and has an artists sensibilities so ofc this isn't for us.

but our clients don't give a shit about art. they resent us. they hate that we're a (currently) necessary capital expense in their product development pipelines. we cost them time and money and -the instant- a tool (like the one OP posted) is invented that gets 95%, hell even 80% of the way there, we are fucking gone. best case scenario we're some sort of machine priest polishing the AI outputs and whispering sacred prompts to our machine overlords. but most of our billable hours evaporate and all that is left is low paid QA/QC grunt work.
>>
>>448954
>but our clients don't give a shit about art. they resent us. they hate that we're a (currently) necessary capital expense in their product development pipelines. we cost them time and money and -the instant- a tool (like the one OP posted) is invented that gets 95%, hell even 80% of the way there, we are fucking gone. best case scenario we're some sort of machine priest polishing the AI outputs and whispering sacred prompts to our machine overlords. but most of our billable hours evaporate and all that is left is low paid QA/QC grunt work.
Just get a real job? Honestly anyone who gets paid for bullshit work is a waste.
>>
>>448954
The funny thing is anyone who has dug into it seriously comes to realize that image diffusion is probably the greatest tool for artists since photography but you're too retarded to understand how it works and what it can do so you just whine and bitch about "machine overlords" and cross your arms like petulant children refusing to learn or adapt.
>>
>>449120
>you do not understand but I wont explain why I have a better grasp on things

many such cases
>>
>>449121
It's a waste of time. Don't come and tell me that you've never just given up, cause you know that the receiver is broken.
>>
I live in a small town, if your income is low the gov gives you a personal
ID ticket so you can pay only 20€ for a monthly ticket for public transports.
instead of god knows how much...
It's a very basic print, no barcodes or anything, just name date esp. date + pass photo
on a thick paper + laminated.
I thought of scanning one from my friend, replace it with my own photo, change the name, birthdate that's printed on it and print it and use it myself.
i used reverse search to identify the font on those cards and replaced it with my name
but when you zoom in on the original you can see the little print dots...iam afraid that mines look too perfect maybe.
long talk short: is there a method online with these AI to do that ?
iam a win7 user and even if i wanted to update to 12 to use PS+AI i cant't bc my cpu sucks
>>
It really is truly over huh?
>>
>>437755
Looks more like Clarence Gatemouth Brown
>>
>>448821
Individual freelancers that are business minded can now compete because they're on the same level as a studio relying on the same exact tools. I couldn't afford an illustrator or pay a calligrapher, but now I can AI it, secure an opportunity, and then find an illustrator and pay them afterwards, if needed.
>>
>>435417
Nice
>>437434
Sweet
>>437756
Not bad
>>443648
That looks great!
>>444548
Kek
>>
>>450352
Individual freelancers cannot compete because why the fuck would you hire one when you can just pay the subscription for the ai apps for a fraction of the price and prompt everything yourself. People who think they will get paid to use ai are delusional, that was never what it was meant for.
>>
>>445537
>Implying learning to code is not on on the chopping block
Go on, show me a robot that can pick up 2 random items throw at it in 1 second into muffled bag without breaking them. You give the egg carton and it will either take 10 seconds of calculating how to put it there safely, or break all the eggs
>>
>>450432
>Individual freelancers cannot compete because why the fuck would you hire one when you can just pay the subscription for the ai apps for a fraction of the price and prompt everything yourself. People who think they will get paid to use ai are delusional, that was never what it was meant for.
Because you have better things to do than spend hours dabbling with AI prompts, editing the output, etc. If you're a coffee shop, it's significantly a better idea to pay someone $2000 for graphic design work than spend a week doing it yourself. Business people don't think "This costs $500 it's too much" they think "Will I make more than $500 from the improved design if I pay this guy for the work".
>>
>>450464
This, and the fact that the manual skills related to art and design are not nearly as important as the aesthetic sensibilities and "eye" that valuable artists and designers bring to the table.

It's fabrication vs realization.

Theres all kinds of tools available to anyone to "make" all kinds of things with, but people who try to save money by DIYing things that require aesthetic sensibilities often get a rude awakening about the importance of people who have put in the work to develop that part of the equation.

When inexpensive vinyl plotters first came out people predicted the end of the commercial sign business, same with "desktop publishing"...turns out that you can't just push a button and have a quality product pop out, you have to know what is involved in making a quality sign or book.

Same with AI art; if you have no ideas and no qualifications to judge the output with a critical aesthetic eye, you are just as lost and useless as when you didn't have AI.
>>
>>450468

> if you have no ideas and no qualifications to judge the output with a critical aesthetic eye, you are just as lost and useless as when you didn't have AI.

You just assume final clients value the same things you value.

Look around, beauty is not the priority nowadays.
>>
>>450471
Doesn't matter what the clients value. The marketplace does. Which is competitive. Sure, business can survive without good design but it cannot thrive.

If a good design makes someone whip out their credit card and send you $20/month 10% more likely, do the math.
>>
>>450485

So, in your mind, client is detached from marketplace and good still follows your definition.

In short, no one knows what is worthy apart from you.

It will be entertaining to see AI wiping out self-entitled cunts incapable to adapt for no other reason than hubris. Start designing the banner that you and your friends will show in the rally to ask government some handouts, so you will be 10% more likely to reach your goal.
>>
>>450486
People like you are delusional and will be the first ones to suicide themselves when they have to go get a brick laying job
>>
>>450486
>In short, no one knows what is worthy apart from you.

Nobody said that, it was pointed out that the market decides what it values and that may be very different than what a person who seeks art/design for marketing purposes thinks is best, regardless of how it is created. It may be something different than any individual artist thinks it is too, which is part of why multiple people are often involved in important design projects on the creative side *and* on the client side.

>You just assume final clients value the same things you value.

No, you just assume that what a commercial artist/ designer values can't be the same thing the client values, and that any difference of opinion will always be from the artist valuing aesthetics over practical/ economic considerations, which is retarded and betrays your total unfamiliarity with how that business works.

Which is why you say stupid shit like-

>Look around, beauty is not the priority nowadays.

- as if this is some revelation or new development. Besides steering clients away from ugly shit that will turn customers away, designers also have to talk clients out of going with "beautiful" but ineffective art and design all the time, and this gets back to the original point which is that trying to DIY it without the benefit of someone who has made a study of how things work often just teaches the people doing it that there's far more to it than they imagine, and that they need help.

Good commercial designers/artists are quite adept at putting their personal tastes aside and working towards an effective final product regardless of what its final look or form may be, while still maximizing aesthetics to that end.

All of which explains why good designers/artists don't fear AI and aren't going to be put out of business by clients using it to sidestep them.
>>
>>450486
Unless you're designing someone's personal brand, you're designing for the marketplace and the user.

>In short, no one knows what is worthy apart from you.
You can tell based on engagement rates on social media, Google Analytics, and sales data and insights. There's also other considerations are where the material will be seen (probably don't want a small font on an underground subway advertising or on a billboard), accessibility (color blindness), etc. Sure, the store owner can DIY it, spend a few hundred bucks getting things printed and then paying for the space only to find out (or not find out) if they would have spent $500 they could have 10X'd it.
>>
AI is a massive lie. From where the term comes from (throwaway term made to get funding) to how it's presented to people (a face and name, trying to "humanize" it aka lying) to how people have this awful "it will always get better" fallacy.

TECHNOLOGY DOES NOT ALWAYS "GET BETTER". IT IS VERY LIKELY AI IMAGE GENERATION IS MORE OR LESS AT IT'S PEAK.

Any improvements will be incremental at best and most people will still be able to see AI from a mile away. AI is less efficient than any person with vision anyway. AI replacing anything is a techbro lie and I hate that the GD world has fallen for it. It's a useful tool for artists and nothing more. AI cannot give a project a vision.
>>
File: clippy.png (188 KB, 658x445)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>450675
It's impossible to build a brand with AI as well. You can't create consistency with it. And if you can, others can as well. AI will become pic related.
>>
>>450679
/Remind me in 2 years.
>>
ai will replace the twitter faggot artists and maybe up to midrange "graphic design" as in illustration for corporations because those are clients that dont give a shit about certain details and intricacies, and thats okay. highbrow stuff like designing for example, a new version of ios will never be totally replaced with ai because apple is all pissy with minute details.

as said by >>450679, ai is just clipart with extra steps.
>>
You keep talking about AI taking designers' jobs. Tell me, who buys this shit? There is literally zero conceptual thinking and creativity. I can agree that maybe it will take some job from shitty artists on deviant art and 4chan, but no more - because no one wants to pay for this anime crap xD
>>
File: Untitled.png (52 KB, 1296x479)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>450990
Soonᵀᴹ.
>>
>>450990
nobody buys it.
because it creates the tailormade stuff for you and only you.

you are thinking in old terms. but things are changing.

today we have individualized tiktok feeds and targeted advertising.
what comes next is not only individualized feeds, but an adapted presentation based on your preferences and life.

>oh, you like blondes? here, have margot robbie that slightly more looks like your irl mom sell booze to you.
>oh, you meant latinas? np, we gotcha again, mate!
>we'll keep finding the little weaknesses in your personality and exploit them with automated systems of an increasingly granular marketing system.
>>
>>451001
>design studio creates ad campaign for self
>established client gets free work in return for inclusion in campaign
>>
>>451006
well that is how experiments normally work, dufus.
you minimize risk
>>
>>451007
No, that's how subtle ad campaigns work.
Nobody is going to read that bait except firms looking for "cheap ai ad campaigns" and industry insiders.
>"i heard you guys do cheap ai work"
>why, yes, we do
>but let me tell you about a more robust campaign that's better suited to your needs...
That's why they made a campaign with ai.
>>
>>451001
Pic related is their AI work. This would have been impressive a year ago. This isn't a brand campaign, this is generating a bunch of images with MidJourney and calling it a day. Didn't even bother fixing the symmetry in the glasses...
>>
>>451009
where is the symmetry off? I think the glasses are shooped in?
>>
>>451014
Whatever they tried to make looks like this: o_O

It's almost like it's intentionally awful to advertise they can do better than AI.
>>
>>451203
it will not replace me.
you, I am not so sure actually.
>>
>>451009
>Didn't even bother fixing
as long as the client is happy this is fine
>>
>>451211
to be fair at some point it would defeat the purpose of trying to rely on AI.
>overshoot
>pathcorrect
>overshoot in the other direction
>pathcorrect again
>repeat until local optimum is found
>profit?
>>
>>450464
>Because you have better things to do than spend hours dabbling with AI prompts, editing the output, etc. If you're a coffee shop, it's significantly a better idea to pay someone $2000 for graphic design work than spend a week doing it yourself. Business people don't think "This costs $500 it's too much" they think "Will I make more than $500 from the improved design if I pay this guy for the work".
Why not just become a businessman then?
>>
>>442723

>if
>>
>>451393
>Why not just become a businessman then?
That's what designers should be. Instead of selling custom tailored clothes or building tables, you use a computer to get things done. If you want to be an artist, you can, just don't expect to do business.
>>
But if you meant why not just go into starting a coffee shop or running a business-business, I'd say the difference is with design you can take on a variety of fields and projects, you're not tied down, you have full independence, and can pivot into multiple disciplines, versus selling custom clothes which is pretty limited and very much putting all your eggs in one basket.

If Photoshop becomes irrelevant and everything becomes AI, it will be just as easy to get into selling that and being more efficient/productive/creative than anyone else using (all competitive in the attention economy) versus all clothes are now made by robots. It will be designer with AI vs designer with AI as opposed to designer VS AI.
>>
>>451436

Clothes are still handmade by chinks
>>
>>451470
> handmade
> hand made

LMAO (pic related)
>>
File: 9f8e595b04.jpg (2.16 MB, 3264x1836)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>451472
Textile and clothing manufacturing was one of the first industries to be automated in the history of automation.

Yet despite traditional skills like knitting and embroidery being almost completely automated and computerized and new production processes developed that would be impossible to do by hand, there are more jobs in clothing manufacturing than ever before and the ability for an individual to create garments for their own use or to sell has never been easier to attain.

At the same time, traditional skills like tailoring and hand stitching of fine lingerie are still in demand and can pay well for the level of training costs involved.

Textile manufacturing and sewing are a perfect example of how automation just makes more employment possible even as the numbers of traditional jobs involved go down as inefficient production methods are automated.
>>
>>451473
Speaking of knitting machines and GD, check out this genius ad layout
>>
>>451473
>and the ability for an individual to create garments for their own use or to sell has never been easier to attain
And then it comes down to simply marketing, which is where design comes in. If everyone has access to produce the goods and market it, if everyone can create designs, how do you stand out? Surely flooding the market with 10,000 t-shirt designs is not going to be it, since a competitor could simply add AI image generation into their t-shirt production website to allow individual users to make their own designs.
>>
>>451485
... but the reality is most people don't want to make decisions. If you give the option to someone to make any shirt they want, they might make a meme or two on the impulse but it's not going to be their main way of dressing themselves. Artists and people who want to express themselves with custom designs? Maybe. but I feel like those people would rather design it themselves already.

If you have 5 t-shirts in store and on a person budget, you're more likely to make a decision than if given 5000 designs to sort through with new ones added every day.

Good thing is AI works cannot be copyrighted, so big businesses cannot rely on it.
>>
>>451486
oh sweet summer child, if big business wants something copyrighted it will be copyrighted, lawmakers will change laws if necessary
>>
File: IMG_1314.png (1.58 MB, 896x1152)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
I welcome our new overlord
>>
File: imagsdfge.png (724 KB, 1024x1024)
724 KB
724 KB PNG
>>
>>448804
>>439638
The process is more important than technique. Every GREAT artist has a meticulous process that was perfected over the study and development of technique. The idea itself cannot mature, or simply, won't be good, without a good process behind and therefore without a solid grasp of technique.

In other words, it is almost impossible to create significant and inspiring art with AI alone. And it will forever be like so.

Now a proper artist who studied his craft will surely achieve interesting results.
>>
>>437796

At least Neil Young is a guitar player, >>437756 actually looks like Miles Davis
>>
File: image(5)k.jpg (46 KB, 672x672)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>452614
we talk about graphic design as a job, not about art as a hobby, and in a job you got deadlines and a customers demanding quick results, of course you need a process, but a streamlined, efficient process
AI just changed the game and made traditional graphic design processes obsolete
>>
Meanwhile AI can make this.
From just a simple descriptive sentence an art style, basically what customer would tell a graphic designer.
(full prompt in filename)
>>
This thread could be saved as a good example for future generations of how AI was percieved by it's time.
It's the 5 stages of grief, the thread started angry, go to denial, depression, and you see, now we just accept it.
It really feels like a time machine
>>
>>452884
What do the 5 clocks convey.
>>
>>453213
the 5 hours an autist will waste trying to perfect their prompt because they lack zero design intelligence
>>
>>453208
>now we just accept it
Not so fast
>>
File: party.jpg (822 KB, 1536x1024)
822 KB
822 KB JPG
>>453236
we know you are a slow learner, your mom still loves you
>>
>still can't do optimized 3D models
>still can't animate
>still can't keep the image fucking CONSISTENT when it does attempt to animate
>still can't actually make something new that is coherent, it can only remix things other people have made before
>>
>>453371
>still can't animate
how well did that age already? lol Sora AI is out
>>
>>453662
Can't do anything complex or actually creative, can only remix things it has seen and studied before. Parts still look uncanny. I imagine it still has consistency issues.
>>
>>453662
it's funny how trolls and deniers move goalposts all the time just to find out AI is still way ahead and passed this point long ago
>>
>>434823
>bUt yOu cAn tElL It's sOuLlEsS. iT'S LiKe a dAz rEnDeR In tHe 3D ScEnE
Fuck off

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.