[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 89 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: asdasda v2.jpg (4.38 MB, 3000x3000)
4.38 MB
4.38 MB JPG
Post yer work! OC only
>>
File: DREAD AND HORROR CRUDO HD.jpg (3.83 MB, 3508x4961)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
>>433729
w/ no effects
>>
>>433729
>graphic design
>work
lmao
>>
File: ezgif-4-8ffe8247bd.jpg (127 KB, 683x1024)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Here's kind of a recent one.
>>
Rework of an old image

>>433756
cool composition and colors
>>
File: BS.png (1.67 MB, 2160x2160)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>433731
>>433729
>>433795
How do you actually do this kind of graphic design? It looks awesome

Btw here is my most recent work, trying to build up a resume with fake logo design projects. I'm a beginner so tips and ratings are welcome.
>>
>>433799
All the individual elements are ok on their own, but they lack any form of unity.

The piece, the antlers, the stars. They are all separate from eachother and don't work together to form a cohesive logo. Maybe you could try having the antlers start behind the bishop or something.

The shading on the bishop which makes it sort of '3D' is also a bit out of place when the rest of the logo lacks anything similar.

Think the lines on the antlers could be cleaner to flow better with the stars as well.

Also not a fan of having both words the same font when you break it up as the 'Bishop' is the larger and more important word, I'd prefer a sans-serif font for "rifles" as a complement and make the letters the same size. But that's just me.
>>
File: MISANTROPH REWORK.jpg (4.73 MB, 3000x3000)
4.73 MB
4.73 MB JPG
>>433799
thank you, i make them as collages using free assets from unsplash/google images, then i destroy them carefully via several processes on photoshop, after that i texture them with paper/grunge textures

heres the final result :)
>>
>>433811
these textures made me cum
>>
>>433802
>All the individual elements are ok on their own, but they lack any form of unity.

IMO the bishop and antler graphics are a bit too on-the-nose even by themselves and together they come off as the evidence of a designer lacking the confidence to be restrained, analogous to how amateur chefs tend to add all kinds of elements and flavors to a dish because they think thats what good chefs do.
IOW you really don't need an illustration of a bishop when the word is spelled out, and the hunting connection is pretty self explanatory, at least enough that you don't need a symbol to ward off any confusion.
The two together might be OK as a t-shirt graphic but the whole point of a good logo is having a visual symbol that doesn't need to be explained.
The stars are extraneous and go the opposite direction, there may be some reasoning behind them but it's not self-evident.
If it were a t-shirt graphic without the text, a circle of stars could help unify it into a fun play on an official seal kind of thing.
But as a logo it's all way too much.
Also that fancy antique-y B is kind of weak in that application, and kind of clichéd in firearms manufacturer circles where everyone tries to emulate legacy brands like Colt and S&W...not that you can't play into that a bit for the established vibe it can convey, but that particular letter isn't it.
>>
>>433811
Really nice anon. Does that style have a name? I remember something similar from dungeon synth or dark ambient album art.
>>
File: LK.png (1.59 MB, 2160x2160)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>434098
I have taken the two comments into consideration and being unable to "fix" the project i decided to scrap it.

How would u comment/rate this logo? Both projects that i have posted are trying to fit in the badge logo style.
>>
>>433756
Second line of text is a little squished, might wanna resize.
>>
File: Group 1.png (1.28 MB, 1000x1000)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
old one using lots of textures
>>
>>433729
This fucking rocks dude, good job!
>>
>>434312
Bottom text is really hard to read but otherwise I really like this.
>>
a
>>
>>434150
It's not a terrible idea but IMO you are both underthinking and overthinking it-

underthinking- badges aren't just carriers of info shaped howeever that info happens to appear, the shape itself is symbolic and the best ones are instantly recognizable by shape alone- a sherrifs star, a policemans shield, a pilots wings...
that may not work in every instance but if you are tryingvto evoke a badge or insignia you need a layout that is more in line with that ideal.
For something camping/ outdoors oriented, a diamond shape is typical for trail signs and alerts and ranger uniform patches so it's both familiar and authoritative. The Lookout logo could be easily tweaked to suggest that kind of insigia/badge.
The binocular location needs to move up, mountain lookouts are up high, not in a valley beneath the peaks...that could also make the overall layout shape more badge- like if you add/show a central peak.
Even without the binoculars it still says "lookout" under a picture of mountains so it's not a connection people need a lot of help to make, you don't want to insult peoples intelligence.
I'd suggest narrowing the mountains too keeping that diamond shape in mind.

Overthinking- you are doing the beginner kitchen sink thing again with too many graphic elements trying to reinforce the basic idea...the tree (?) inside the O is unnecessary (we know snow capped mountains where people camp have trees) and makes it less legible, and works against the badge thing by being a bit too slick/ cute.

"Authentic" is superfluous, it kind of goes without saying and shitty camping gear is still real. If you must use an adjective use something related to quality like "quality" or "fine" or "superior".
>>
>>434655
this is just a really rough idea done on my phone to illustrate the idea so ignore the slop...just the shape and the typeface already look like something you might see on a trail in a park/camping area ...also like a patch so it would work as a label on clothing and bags and tents and such.
An international symbol style mountain graphic or the binoculars would be in keeping with the trail sign thing, but both together lose that simple clean look.
>>
File: look_out_Lookout.jpg (298 KB, 1088x1088)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>434655
I enjoy your thought process a lot! Cool ideas and good arguments.
Personally I'd probably reduce even further. At least for now / as an exercise. By my understanding often times logo design is about finding the most elegant way of describing - which can be achieved through simplicity (allthough that is not a necessity: think medieval emblems which are elegant but the opposite of simple). So one not only has to carefully decide how but also what to describe.
In this particular case 'badge' might even be enough to ask of the logo? I for example mostly dislike logos describing the larger sector of the product rather than distincting itself from competitors within that sector. But I can see how the rectangle could be too anonymous for many.

When I try to remember good outdoor equip logos these automatically come to mind:
Salewa has an abstract eagle which it had a more complex version of before. Arcteryx has some fossils. Osprey hints at primitive cultures. Patagonia chose a certain characterizing font style. North face. Petzl. Mammut.
>No Mountains. No trees.
If you insist on mountains, you could in my example add the snowy top to the upper corner of the box for example.
That would make a less literal and therefore (in my opinion) more elegant solution than actual mountain pictograms. Very literal symbols CAN be cute, but I think that from a marketing pov, more people would enjoy buying my super-simple rectangle design than a potentially slightly cheesy illustration type image. You know what I mean? What do you guys think? Am I stretching things too far? It could also be interesting to introduce an image of people one desires to sell to. Product super cheap? or luxurious for elderly people with a lot of money but no desire to lose time and efort with bad equipment? looking forward to any arguments!
>>
really cool designs in here! I thought about pointing out highlights but I love all of it haha
>>
>>433811
>strenght
>>
File: much_authentic.jpg (491 KB, 1835x1080)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
>>434150
>>434655
>>434662

more ideas for you to consider.

seriously the best thing you can do is just doodling sketch after sketch. nothing to lose really. and don't be scared to google for shapes during that phase. the beginning is about exploring as much land in as little time as possible.
I just use raster and a regular hard round brush (ps) for this. jumping straight into vector can be a bit clunky and inhibiting on your ideas brain, I find. I remember when I started doing vector stuff my logos where more about using what to me seemed like fancy uses of vector tools than about creating actual useable designs lol
>>
>>433729
>>434651
Do you guys have Instagrams? I'd love to commission you both at some point.
>>
File: foto3clean.jpg (2.62 MB, 3240x3240)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB JPG
>>
>>434706

I do! I'm DoomsdayLLC
>>
>>434710
damn how much you make off etsy dude? how did ya get so many sales?
>>
>>434711

Idk, lol. I promote the shit outta my stuff on Craigslist and FB Marketplace and Letgo and Depop and all that. Sometimes I pay for Instagram boosts. I charge $25 for a standard-size print, but it's with free shipping. If I sell one poster a day, I can afford to spend $20 a day on advertisement on Etsy, and if I advertise on Etsy I almost always sell at least one poster a day.

I think people like that my stuff is supposed to be funny and weird, and it's deliberately a play on midcentury decor so it's the exact *kind* of thing people hang in their house anyway. Plus, it helps that many of the pieces go together in series, so people are more likely to buy multiples, and, like I said, if I can sell just one a day then I can afford to advertise on Etsy, and Etsy even cross-advertises onto Facebook and Instagram.

I went into it treating it like a job and it has become my job. That, plus luck, obviously.
>>
>>434662
>By my understanding often times logo design is about finding the most elegant way of describing ...
>one not only has to carefully decide how but also what to describe.

I think this illustrates a basic misconception about logos that drives the overly detailed kitchen sink approach...they idea thst their purpose is to "describe" things.
Theres a big difference between "describing" and "signifying" and a symbol's value is in signifying ideas *without* having to describe anything, using the minimum detail possible.
Their purpose is to trigger a response of recogition without any need for thinking it over, which is why simplicity is the ideal.
A red octagon means "stop" whether you are driving or walking or doing laundry...it doesnt explain anything.
A crucifix shape signfies "Christianity" but doesnt explain it or provide context.
A good logo does the same and eliminates details that make it too specific where that mark might be used on a variety of goods/ services.

> I for example mostly dislike logos describing the larger sector of the product rather than distincting itself from competitors
which follows the last bit above...a crucifix distiguishes the brand without having to describe why what it signifies is different.

>Salewa has an abstract eagle which it had a more complex version of before. Arcteryx has some fossils. Osprey hints at primitive cultures. Patagonia chose a certain characterizing font style...

>FWIW Patagonia has a few logos and their most iconic one is a silouette of mountains againt a band of colorful clouds.
REI- a tree+ mountains
Ozark trail- a trail through mountains
Cascade Mountain Tech, MSR, Sea To Summit, La Sportiva, Quest- mountains
Coleman's logo features a graphic of the lamp that made them iconic, it works because it's old and recognizable both as a logo and because the shape of that lamp is instantly associated with camping.

1/2
>>
>>434721
2/2

Mountains are certainly a meme here that presents issues with differentiating brands at a glance, but bucking the trend in a niche that favors proven reliability and safety can send the opposite message. Serious outdoorsman want solid gear with stability, reliability and longevity, and nothing symbolizes that better than a mountain, even to people who don't go anywhere near mountains.

All of which goes to show that there's no simple universal rules for what might be the best approach...

But in general you want a logo to just trigger brand recognition without any need to think about it or to interpret the meaning of symbols beyond what they are.

If the shape or graphics say more than meets the eye that's not terrible, but that shouldn't be the primary goal.

The primary goal is to mark whatever the logo is on as being of that brand or company and no other. Why its different or how it got that way is best described elsewhere, if at all.
The ultimate goal is for that mark to symbolize quality and innovation all by itself...it may not be accurate and that goodwill can be abused and squandered, but that's another thread.
>>
>>434722
You see that in supermarkets when brands copy one anothers packaging.
>>
>>434721
>>434722
1/2

Howdey!
Hm. I am not sure I neccessarily do illustrate the kitchen sink approach by using the term ‚describe‘, but otherwise I do agree with you. The distinction between those words is convincing! Seems to me that we are having similar perspectives on this regardless of semantics.

>patagonia
yeah, they do often use that panoramic view (eg. larger graphical decorations on shirt prints and stuff). It heavily relies on the colors though, while the typeface itself can be used flat.
So while there are (and probably will for a while be) many products in their catalog showing that certain scenery, there also are many which don’t do so at all. Typeface on the other hand is being used very conistently (exceptions possibly proving the rule :p). I also don’t think many people would recognize that mountain silhouette without colors above or text underneath? But yeah, you are of course right- mountains!
Still -for example Arc’teryx font is not as important to its overall character, as patagonias is to theirs. Not saying that Arc’teryx font is completely arbitrary, but the emphasis is for sure different. In their current design the image definitely is playing the more important role.
To serve my point: I think this distinction is more interesting to look at and still justifies how I originally used patagonia as an example, allthough it was a totally to be expected addition of you to make, yeah.
I personally wouldn’t call the mountains a quite indispensable part of patagonias logo, but I can see why you would and partly agree on the ‚band of colorful clouds‘ somewhat being quite important to them instead, eventho they probably could even easily drop that without losing recogizeability in the long run. (Not that they would have any incentive in doing so ha)

Either way a thing we can learn from them is that purely typeface can indeed be absolutely enough as a logo, which I originally chose it for to illustrate.
>>
>>434743
2/2

>other mountain examples
Right! Excuse me, I didnt want to sound as if I were saying that there are no equipment logos with mountains, or that it would be a niche thing. Nor that it would definitely be making logos bad... You will notice how in my second upload >>434699 I even added mountain versions myself. And I actually do somewhat enjoy one or two examples you mentioned (while I also think Cascade Mountain Tech is pretty terrible lol).
Quick question since I am really curious! Did you google in order to find these examples as for you being contrarian or did all of them actually come to your mind like I said mine did? Because I think that is an interesting distinction to make and desu I wouldnt have thought of any of these probably ever. Maybe MSR but to be fair, they are ‚Mountain Safety Research‘.

While I think you are totally right in pointing out how these logos have equally much right to exist as others, I still think that in the context of exercises overall (but also this specific one) it still has a certain value to point out how many directions there are to take instead of sticking with the most basic pictogram we are used to.
I just do not feel like your list of mountains contradicts my list of what I labled noteworthy examles, and I still think it was a valuable point of me to make, eventho admittedly I could’ve put more energy into counterbalancing the statement (allthough I do feel like having been fair enough anyways).

Another thing that I think calls for criticism instead is me not putting more emphasis on how important defining a target audience relatively early on can be. because it very strongly ties into everything and even this discussion.
>>
>>434744
>Another thing that I think calls for criticism instead is me not putting more emphasis on how important defining a target audience relatively early on can be. because it very strongly ties into everything and even this discussion.

I wasnt trying to fault you for
anything you said, and was really just trying to get this same point across as far as planning and choices for logo designs and trademarks...
There's many aspects to consider, targeting a certain demographic is important but so is not being so specific that you confuse or turn off other potential customers, at least for products with broad potential appeal.
Outdoor goods are like that and it's interesting that the mountain thing still works for the reasons listed and doesn't register with, say, boaters or desert sports people as something specific to mountaineering.

The reliable stability meme is the strongest element and its not for nothing that insurance companies and banks Ike that symbolism too.

Considering the direct target demographic and potential secondary markets or product expansion also means considering traditions and expectations, and different products and fields have different factors to consider.
Someone mentioned food labels following trends and having similar looks, for certain foods that can be to appear to tradition and uniformity that purchasers of things like staples look for...or in some cases it can be an attempt to borrow some of the cachet that an estaished brand has, or to outright confuse people...unlike bigger ticket items people shopping for food are more likely to just grab something that looks ok, it's not an investment you're stuck with.
Things like candy and soft drinks tend to go to the opposite extreme with names and graphics and colors and packaging that boldly set them apart (even when the flavor isnt remarkably unique), along with marketing memes that emphasize quirkiness and unpredictability and surprise.
1/2
>>
>>434783
2/2

Bottom line is that there's single formula for designing logos and trademarks that applies to everything or even to all products or services in any particular class or field.
The simplicity thing is about as close as it comes to any universal rule, but even that may not apply in some circumstances.
But generly speaking it's helpful not just for the sake of messaging and easy ID but also helps make graphics more adaptable for things like expanding product ranges and making reproduction easier/cheaper.
>>
>>433753
kek
>>
File: aaa.png (1.68 MB, 1356x1350)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>433811
maybe not as cool..
>>
File: ManFromUtopia-1-20.jpg (602 KB, 1216x1600)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
>>433729
This reminds me of Rick Griffin's art
but the shitty novice version
>>
File: FB_IMG_1659311736206.jpg (105 KB, 674x1058)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>
>>434933
Not op but ive taken a lot of inspiration from this guy over the years & didn't even know their name so ty
>>
>>434933
op here, dont know that dude but that shit looks gay as fuck lol
>>
>>434947
nigger, even though I am not a fan of Griffin's art, one thing is absolutely clear

he did all that by hand while you clicked a few buttons and dragged and dropped some filters to mimic what he actually did with pen and ink.

I think any professional would call you a faggot
>>
>>434947
lol
not narrow minded at all
>>
>>434954
>>434952
op here, dont care + didnt read
>>
>>434933
>This reminds me of Rick Griffin's art
>but the shitty novice version

I can see that, but it reminds me more of Frank Frazetta's pen and ink illustrations but the really, really, really shitty novice version where the novice doesn't even know whose iconic style he is shamelessly aping.

Also reminds me of "badass" fantasy heavy metal band logos drawn with a ball point pen by some 13 year old edgelord in the margins of his school textbooks
>>
File: 1600672779177.jpg (1021 KB, 1421x2047)
1021 KB
1021 KB JPG
>>434961
well you're just lovely aren't you
>>
>>434961
You did read it
realized you're a faggot
pretended not to read
>>
>>434962
True, true
>>434963
Real graphic design
>>
File: 1612460305854.jpg (100 KB, 720x520)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>435062
that's the same artist the other guy was talking shit about

lol
>>
>>435065
What?
>>
>>435068
you said "true" about an artist being awful in the same post you say something he did is "real graphic design"
>>
>>435071
Wait, I didn't say Frazetta or Griffin were awful. I thought anon was emphasizing how much shit OP is in comparison and agreeing with him lol and saying that the pic in that post was real (old skool) graphic design.

Did I miss something?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1659311698749.jpg (58 KB, 477x434)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>435072
nvm yo im buggin
>>
>>
File: CultFixtures.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>
>>435224

This logo is almost so good but the u being lower case is just fucking destroying me.
>>
File: CapCultFixtures.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>435229
I went back and forth on that. Even though it's not "correct" I found that the lower case U makes it catch the eye better when scaled down. So think about it on the back or side of a work vehicle where people are seeing it while driving. It also helps deflate the negative connotations associated with cult. It plays with the form a little more, pulls you out of the rigid block of text created by all caps, and helps it come across as a little more friendly than the name might suggest, without being too whimsical.
>>
>>435224
>>435270
> It also helps deflate the negative connotations associated with cult.
Uh, what?
>pulls you out of the rigid block of text created by all caps, and helps it come across as a little more friendly than the name might suggest, without being too whimsical.
Said who? kek this statement is like patting yourself on the back.
It doesn't seem "friendly" at all. I think, for what you're going for, a script font would work better. One of those bold script fonts that actually look playful. This just looks bland and cheap desu. If you had something like
>picrel
it might work the way you want this one to work
>>
>>435270

I think you're more concerned with trying to offset the negative connotations of the word cult and, to be honest in a friendly way rather than a critical one, you're trying too hard. I think it genuinely looks nicer with the capital U and it's probably one of the better designs I've seen on this board at all. If Cult makes metalwork, lighting, signs, stuff like that, you shouldn't worry about making them seem whimsical. Part of good design is knowing the tone of the product. Metalwork is stern, a stern-er logo is better. The whimsey you've successfully injected comes from the vintage feel of the design (and colors).
>>
>>435274
>the vintage feel of the design

add: if you honestly went through all of the described machinations and interal debate just to (unwittingly or not) cop the vibe of the Colt firearms logo for an enterprise whose name is literally the same save for one vowel then you're *really* trying too hard.
>>
>>433729
judge me harshly but fairly
>>
File: firefox_0m6u2upHw6.png (56 KB, 283x300)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>435708
focus on this composition and colors, reduce it in details as much as you can while keeping cake, cherry, couple of the squiggly lines (which contrast with straight outer frame) and the surrounding heavy stroke rectangular outer frame. whole composition should sit in 1:1 rectangle. make it fully work in monochrome and more or less work in 16x16px
>>
File: sweet-gallery.png (168 KB, 930x1305)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>435708
honestly not very good as a finished logo design. It has some strengths as a sketch but just is not yet clever enough. try that again.

things to do better next time:

reduce amount of different line weights.
your fonts don't fit together at all. they are quite terrible.
watch letter spacing. G and Y are lost in an empty void.
make an effort imagining what the field you are designing for likes and feels like in general. galleries traditionally have a certain sense of elitism to them, which they are proud of. so most of the time a logo should probably evoke a sense of elevatedness or certain dignity, even if you dislike that yourself.
be careful with depending on multiple colors, eventhough I like your color choices.
the form of the cake sucks. don't be so sloppy. at least spend a couple minutes working on a smart construction... seriously each line you placed is 100% a random version of the most obvious ones to make. I could ask 100 people to draw a slice of cake and yours wouldn't stick out at all. it's neither clever in principle nor executed well/attractively. so what is its point?

AND FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE! just spend even a single thought on layout. dafuq is this crammed chaos? It's just so dumb not even giving your logo the chance to look good! jesus.

my version in picrel isn't supposed to be the glorious best solution. Its a fairly quick sketch that tries to display some issues by showing another direction.
I am fine if you think it sucks. but regardless try making use of it by understanding a bit of what I did.

to end on a positive note, I like your idea of a displayed cake. it has originality and could make a distinctrive mark.
>>
>>435718
Ironically composition color and knowing how much to add or subtract from an image is something do regularly in my photography work i feel like a moron for not applying it in this scenario lol thanks

>>435719
It's funny how the same thought process can yelled different results apart from my obvious lack of skill i can see that I'm just cobbling all these different elements together with not much thought other than i need to finish this

I'm honestly embarrassed i was going to hand this in looking like that i can't thank the both of you enough
>>
>>435748
you are being very mature about it! I am very sure you will be able to make huge leaps and improve in no time!!!

Back when I started doing 'logos' (read: toying around aimlessly), I was very guilty of trying to make fancy use of my tools, thinking that people would notice and celebrate my skills.

Don't do that. nobody will notice! and nobody cares!
Do not torture your creative process by forcing you to take unnecessarily difficult routes! It kills your productivity and the quality of your work!
It's not important to know 500 fonts (I used plain Arial). Its not important to anyone how difficult you make your own life.
I am dead serious. vectors do not offer an intuitive workflow for creative endeavours if you haven't spent a huge lot of time with them. It is extremely difficult to use its rigidness losely and quickly! (as I am sure you noticed already)

what I am trying to lead this to: don't start the designing process in inkscape/illustrator!
at your point of the learning process you should only be using it to trace a finished design! It slows you down and therefore hinders you from finding the one amazing solution you only reach after trying out 5 ideas.
you could sketch on paper, but I personally enjoy photoshop a lot more, since it allows for using fonts and offers unmatchable flexibility as well as speed:
>selection tool and scaling
>liquify
>traceless erasing
>making hundreds of copies instantly for taking different routes
>more

If you are serious about logo design I personally would advise you to buy a drawing tablet (cheap ones will likely suffice) and take a fully digital route, but this is probably more personal flavour than I am comfortable admitting.
either way. always be mindful about a logo not being a representation of the work you invested, but of a brand.

last note: don't be embarrassed! everyone gotta start somewhere. I am certain you learned a lot purely from the act of uploading.
>>
File: frip.png (2.27 MB, 1074x1074)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>
File: Scan2022-10-06_1749571.png (2.22 MB, 1457x1457)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
>>
File: Scan2022-10-05_2312481.png (6.94 MB, 1722x1721)
6.94 MB
6.94 MB PNG
>>436507
>>
File: bookmark.png (2.15 MB, 503x2006)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>436508
>>
>>436509
>>
File: theda houdini co.png (7.35 MB, 1840x2400)
7.35 MB
7.35 MB PNG
>>436510
>>
>>436505
>>436507
>>436508
>>436509
>>436510
>>436511
HAH! GAAAAAAYYYYYY!
>>
>>433729
personal work shirts
>>
>>435749
good guy croatian banjo designer
>>
File: titn.png (56 KB, 135x268)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>
File: design.png (1.13 MB, 918x925)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>
File: 3DL wiz kopia cenz.jpg (3.84 MB, 3400x2401)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB JPG
>>433729
>>433795
love the textures
>>434699
i love the simplicity of two bottom ones, the higher ones are kinda "stocky"

>>434710
those giving me strange utopian vibes i like it

>>434854
nice

>>435719
bottom once much better, i dont know if the square is really needed
>>
File: ub1.png (309 KB, 949x1050)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>436602
>>
File: Formula 3.png (3.4 MB, 900x1588)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB PNG
>>436603
>>
File: Formula 1.png (4.31 MB, 900x1588)
4.31 MB
4.31 MB PNG
>>436604
>>
>>436602
>open menu
>see 'pizz menu'

>>436603
>>436604
>>436605
Being serious though, it's all solid designs. A bit boring and predictable in the style of every behance-project in existence, but still very good.
>>
File: null.png (1.6 MB, 1029x1034)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>
>>436631
why not mask the enclosed space in the right horn
>>
>>436604
>>436605
Literal Søy design
>>
>>433799
You should just ditch the top stuff and make the "i" in Bishop a simpler version of the bishop on top
>>
File: Number 1.png (2.43 MB, 2000x2000)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
>>433731
This shit is so dope

Thoughts? I've only been making shit on photoshop for a few months
>>
Let me know what you think! the info on the back is not real or correct, this is just for fun
>>
>>433731
Nice, like it better without the effects but i get why they are there

>>433756
cool, nice texture and colours

>>434699
its nice, try mocking some up on camping jackets and wquipment to see how each looks from a distance

>>435270
I love it, very 1940s.

>>435719
I like the simple red one

>>436604
This formular is better than the other one with the key
>>
>>436505
the tone of this is pretty cool
needs a lot of tweeking though
>>
File: 2dissociated.jpg (7.27 MB, 2997x3309)
7.27 MB
7.27 MB JPG
>>433729
>>
poster i did for a project about united nations something something blablabla
>>
File: mspeysa.jpg (199 KB, 2048x2048)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
also this one was comissioned by a junior college for their school sweaters
>>
File: aeightyone.jpg (2.6 MB, 2700x2025)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>436871
the top is busy with all the white selection fills, clean overall

>>436872
i'm sure the customer is satisfied, a bit of flare with the retro letters but keeping it on theme with the college font. client pleasing vibes
>>
>>433729

Concept presentation of clothing label branding for some old workmates.
>>
File: Asset 2.png (4.09 MB, 1292x2508)
4.09 MB
4.09 MB PNG
An ig story for the events committee at my school
>>
File: Skidsemester_Poster-01.png (208 KB, 1754x2481)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>
>>437005
if you're gonna use image trace don't make it obvious. screw around with the settings and touch it up manually so it doesn't look like a computer's averaging areas of pixels of a given color.
learn typography. tracking/leading is off. don't get bogged down w font choice focus on where to put the letters not what the letters look like.
learn to use colors. use palettes made by others if you don't know color theory and pick narrower ones. pick a yellow pick a black pick a blue.
use better mascots snoopy sucks some franco-belgian or warsaw pact type shit
>>
IDK what I was doing, just something for fun.
>>
>>435708
I prefer the detail of the top left one but the middle right one looks delicious so combine the detail with the cake
>>
File: MassageFlyer.png (647 KB, 612x792)
647 KB
647 KB PNG
Sup fags, I made a flyer for a local massage therapist. Feedback welcome. Rainbow/background was hand-drawn in Procreate, everything else was done in Illustrator.

Feedback welcome. It's a little out of my comfort zone because I don't usually do stuff this ... soft, but let me know what you think.
>>
>>437264
kinda too many fonts, alltho it's not the worst contender for that.
there is no incentive to stop walking and give it a read if you are open for massages in particular, since it instead kinda reads like some willy wonka ice cream hipster chocolatier or analg photography club.
try suggesting or even making it clear at first glance that it is a massage studio you are trying to advertise?

that being said.
It's still kinda cute. even if there are some problems, it has charme!
there is a sense of kindness and trustworthiness to it, which is important and you did it!
>>
>>437265
Yeah, I felt like four fonts was too many. You saying so confirmed it for me. I wanted something kind of retro and funky, but was worried about legibility. I’ll simplify it.

I also agree about it not being immediately legible as a massage flyer. I thought about adding some line art or some sort of graphical option to it as well, maybe in the top corners.

Hmm. Let me see what I can do. Thanks again for your feedback.
>>
>>437271
ye, four fonts is a bit much.
yet I want to repeat: in your case it's debatable! design rules are VERY flexible. I think you managed to somehow throw together a bunch of letter faces that actually kinda fit.
they make it seem a bit laissez-faire and liberal which makes it loose and esotheric, but in return also messy and unstructured.

It's ambiguous. depending on what you want to achieve you don't have to just scratch them, I think.

>lineart
yeah, that could work. my first idea would be some sort of hinduist hands? there already is this slightly hippie-esque 50s to 60s psychedelic-oriental flair to your flyer. maybe that is too flavourful of a symbol tho?
hmmm
make sure to post updates!
>>
>>437264
agree with other anon, it's good to know basic rules to know when it's good to break them. in this case fonts don't match up and such yet we are designers/experienced people here.

overall it's cute and looks good, however stuck on a wood pole street side it doesn't say massage therapist easily while waiting at a red light.

Can suggest working on the impact of Massage Therapist Services, yet otherwise, especially if the actually massager person is all boho, it fits quite well. i like the background especially, maybe try to anchor the Massage Therapist in the sky portion and shift the details more to the lower portions
>>
File: massage_comparisson.png (1.65 MB, 1938x792)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>437264
yeah, to me it is certain. you are cramming way too much stuff onto this

even if my sketch is not what you'll be going for in the end, I think it is exemplary for less (once again) being more.

lemme hear what you think!
>>
File: flyers.png (881 KB, 1285x792)
881 KB
881 KB PNG
>>437275
Fuck, these are so good. You guys are inspiring as hell.

Got it down to two fonts from four, one script and one serif. Dropped the san serif because I think it sort of clashed, even if it was super legible.

Two versions because I couldn't decide which script font to use.

(re-up bc i 4got2blurQR)
>>
File: flyer3.png (684 KB, 612x792)
684 KB
684 KB PNG
>>437296
Tried a different layout for the text, plus a white color to make it feel like clouds.
>>
>>437100
I like it.
she doesn't look toxic though. more like a victim if anything really.
>>
>>437297
That header text at the top:

White text on light background - the print will be completely illegible as soon as sun and humidity gets to it. (It will also decimate that tiny low contrast QR code at the bottom.)

There is barely any contrast with background so it's difficult to read already.
And use a different typeface which is less stylized. That variant is not meant for super long and dense headings like that. I can't read the email address at all.
It's vertical letterforms are too chunky while horizontal ones are light and invisible and vice versa, and they are densely together. Same with phone number, 5 looks like 3. "M" in "LMT" abbreviation is unreadable. Same with with "Y". Doesn't at all help it's all warped in an arc shape.
>>
>>437296
>>437297
noooo

the one with hands and a qr code>>437275
worked based on that draft. the most recent posts lack focus, clarity and intent of message. especially the white text - if you're going to do white text at least add a stroke for legibility
>>
>>437264
>>437296
>>437297
jfc this is awful..
>>
>>437303
>>437302
Back to the drawing board then. Thanks folks.

>>437313
Talk shit post pic.
>>
>>437296
I think your ideas are good. You are just trying to do too many things at once. I strongly agree with this anon >>437303 in that you lack focus and intent.
(also its true the white text is a nice idea but very bad in this case)

you definitely gotta drop some info people don't really care about. also while I really like your rainbow, you should not feel love/attachment for it! maybe it takes way to much space, making it difficult for you to balance things. try making it thinner for example? maybe not. I cant know but I think trying it makes sense.

either way make sure you are conscious about each and every element you include in this.
>is this necessary?
>is that?
>does it add anything?
the rainbow adds color and flashiness. but it takes breathing room you are in dire need if you decide to go for that much text. decide. you can only have one (except if you are REALLY clever about it).

you can rely on your aesthetic sense. just make sure not to do stuff for the sake of doing them, but with reason
>>
>>437315
Excellent advice. Next draft is focused on legibility and clarity.

Part of this is the massage therapist. She has a weird, vague name for her business that has nothing to do with massage, so I have to double up on the massage messaging. I think a list of services is important, and I think the call to action needs to be clearer and more prominent. I’ll sit down with her and see what info I can leave off and avoid redundancy together.

I gotta say. /gd/ is slow as fuck but it’s still easily one of the best creative boards. Y’all are good people.
>>
>>437316
glad if it is helpful.

Id prepare the discussion with your client by making a draft in which you get rid of everything you think is not absolutely necesssary. then they can feel the difference first hand. many non-artists cant really consciously imagine how important visual structure and a healthy portion of emptyness is, since it is nothing you actively think about normally.

If you are prepared and can argue why you think which element can be dropped, I am sure youll be able to convince them. there is nothing to fear. just be open and honest about it.
start by adding only the bare minimum. BARE MINIMUM. similar in essence to >>437275 far right. see what happens. adjust.
>>
>>437317
forgot to mention (but think it might be helpful)
the first draft you uploaded was your best one in my opinion, since by far it can be processed most easily.
in this case the different fonts help creating distance between items that do not belong as closely.
it creates structure where there isn't too much.
but it also creates visual noise.
>>
>>437318
That is very helpful. I was going for a shaggy dog boho feel with all the different fonts. I don’t know if bc alphapipe fit in with the rest, but I can find a more retro sans serif font. I might leave off the line art too. I spent a shit ton of time making a bunch of different line art in illustrator and none was particularly clear or evocative.

Thanks again
>>
>>437316
>Next draft is focused on legibility and clarity.
better start drafting a suicide note instead. you suck at graphic design
>>
>>437324
Talk shit, post pic.
>>
File: Stars.png (5.29 MB, 1345x1857)
5.29 MB
5.29 MB PNG
>>
>>434709
what software did you use?
>>
File: 154068585.jpg (149 KB, 549x468)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>
File: fafo-2-web.jpg (5.61 MB, 1600x2000)
5.61 MB
5.61 MB JPG
>>
>>437380
good stuff man. you making money on your work?
>>
>>437463
Nope. Just started getting into design and trying to learn how to use photoshop. Thinking about uploading some of my stuff to instigram and seeing what happens. Would love to be able to do commissions at some point, but I have no idea how any of that works
>>
File: houdiniclothinglogo (21).png (2.18 MB, 1800x516)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
Posting some of the few things that are under 8MB.
>>
File: self portrait1.png (3.48 MB, 1694x1694)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB PNG
>>437486
>>
File: download (5).png (1.14 MB, 1000x1000)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>437487
>>
>>433729
Why did you, use 4 different fonts?
It makes the piece look kinda corny.
>>
>>437464
if that's the goal i can suggest having some kind of focus. keep it up and you would gian a following, however unless you want ppl messaging you from bizarre topics it'd be helpful to have some focus. open an etsy store and put your designs on posters. be a poster designer, download free poster mockups
>>
>>437526
had a friend tell me I should make some posters out of my designs too. I'll look into seeing how I can get some made.
>>
>>437529
printify, printful, etc. look up competitors and see which make sense to you
>>
>>437560
Idk man but i find the idea of having posters as-is without them being tied to something kinda weird.
Like it doesn't need to be a brand, but a poster that exists "just to look good" feels vain. It needs some message or asociation, subtle or not. Like a flat
>>
File: thecost-min.jpg (2.94 MB, 4800x6000)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>
File: 20190101_192902_org.jpg (848 KB, 3024x4032)
848 KB
848 KB JPG
>>437669
A poster is just a non- archival quality, open edition print and doesn't have to be an advertisement or be anything more than decorative. Advertising posters aka "bills" are popular because they often have cool artwork and other meanings and associations people appreciate, and also because they are easy to come by for cheap compared to art prints.
But posters that don't sell things or have some message and exist just for the sake of something to look at are common and very popular.
>>
File: SAVE_20221014_161416.jpg (3.33 MB, 1700x2200)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
I did this a few days ago, and I think it could be better but I really don't know how. or if I could consider it "done"
>>
>>437682
thank you anon. i didn't want to explain my recommendation
>>
>>437682
No problem...also just to be clear, I should have said-
>A poster is just a non- archival quality, open edition *reproduction*
Posters and fine art prints are both prints in the sense of having been printed, but in the art sales world itscunderstood that an authentic "print" is one that was made or at least had its production overseen and approved by the artist.
Posters got a bad rap in the 80s and 90s because unscrupulous dealers exploited the fact that vintage posters can be quite valuable and collectible (mostly based on rarity) and used deceptive marketing to blur the line between those posters and fine art prints that can all be worthwhile investments, and mass produced poster art that isn't rare or going to appreciate in value.
There were some pretty significant legal actions taken against some people who did this and you have to be careful to make clear that posters are not fine art prints just to avoid being lumped in with those scammers when some confused layman finds out that their cheap poster is just a cheap poster.
Ask any picture framer, they'll tell you about people bringing in $30 posters they are convinced are going to put their kids through school in a few years.
Otherwise they're a great way to have nice images you like without the cost and risk of investing in an actual fine art print or original, and people love them.
>>
>>437735
>>437682
>>437669

I will say that when I started doing graphic design, it was because I had moved into a new house and I wanted some cool posters for the walls that were tonally consistent with each other AND reflected my sense of humor.

Now I make a living selling prints of my artwork, and the only reason my artwork exists is to give people something to look at. I keep my prices as low as I can, significantly under the value of fine art prints, or whatever, but still more expensive than like, Spencer's Gifts posters, in part because they're originals and in part because I genuinely use a high quality paper and oversee the packing and shipping process.

Sometimes I sink into a kind of imposter syndrome because it's not "fine" art, so if I think about it too hard I'm worried that I never actually developed any skill as an adult.

But then I will hear people talk about how they just like having art around; they like it and it makes them happy and it's what they want to buy and it makes their space feel more like their own. I think it's a valuable service to provide people with art they want. It doesn't have to be a NOBLE service, just a valuable one.
>>
File: 800 (8).jpg (121 KB, 800x800)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>433729
Going to post a few designs. I really want to have an /x/ spirituality type symbolism brand. I've been working on it for awhile and I'm finally close to being able to launch. Yet I feel like I'm missing something.
How do I get my brand to stick. Should I sell prints of my designs as well as shirts?

I'm a noob graphic designer yet I'm willing to learn and put the time in. Give me some feedback and some advice.

Also what's the best way to launch a brand? Facebook posts, advertising, and sales? Should I invest in creating an Instagram (I don't even have a personal one)
>>
File: 800 (9).jpg (118 KB, 800x800)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
Willing to listen to all constructive criticism. I'm a big boy, I can take it... sorta
>>
File: 800 (3).jpg (132 KB, 800x800)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>
File: 800 (6).jpg (139 KB, 800x800)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Also how do you guys clean up large images. These are 12in by 16in. An anon once suggested vectorize.ai or something similar but my file sizes were too big for the program
>>
File: 800 (5).jpg (163 KB, 800x800)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>
File: ff-3-blank-for-website.png (651 KB, 1000x355)
651 KB
651 KB PNG
Here's my brand name line on a background and the hand is my logo
>>
>>437741
>But then I will hear people talk about how they just like having art around; they like it and it makes them happy and it's what they want to buy and it makes their space feel more like their own. I think it's a valuable service to provide people with art they want.
I agree and while I get creative people judging things by a different and higher standard, too many of them completely forget that people outside that group don't answer to them or need to care about their judgements.
There's room for all kinds of markets for creative work in art, music, fashion, architecture and complaints about "lesser" works devaluing the arts or "killing music" or whatever are more often than not just butthurt from people the market has rejected, or wannabe gatekeepers trying to assert their authority.
There's nothing wrong with serving a market, and it's not a zero sum game where to truly appreciate "real" art you must reject "lesser" works.
>>
>>436724
Pretty cool, but there's a lot of blank space. The pen and pixel vibe (which is what I assume you're going for) is normally a lot busier.
>>
>>437747

Can you really take it?
I think that it's pretentious and cheap looking.
Do you have any kind of brand motif or even ethos besides wanting to make money? I think that customers can see through the bullshit a lot better than you think.
>>
>>437757
>pretentious
It's sort of pretentious I can get that. That'd always been a problem with studying anything esoteric. When you try to tell people who are unfamiliar they aren't on the same wavelength as you so they don't understand. It's easy to come across as too smart

>cheap looking
The text or my designs? Or both? I've just started with designing, so I'm not surprised you called it cheap looking. It's too crisp and sometimes my brand name and logo stand out compared to the art. But I just don't know how to make it look natural. Any tips?

As for my designs. Well I'm trying I'd all I can say. Most of them take me 4+ hours. So I'd say I put a good amount of time into them. Maybe I just need to keep at it and work on my skills

>Do I have any kind of brand motif
I explain it more in my website but basically throughout my life I found myself realizing that
>everything is vibrations
>symbols have intense inert vibrations
>clothing with these symbols can be charged to become protections items
So I first started with hand painting everything and then now I moved to computer designing because hand painting is incredible slow and I find that if I was to paint for somebody I'd be too nervous of if they liked it or not, just like I am with my shirt designs but x 100. The hand painted stuff ive given to family seems to get compliments, but I don't know how I can create more hand painted stuff except if it's comissioned

That's my story in a gist. Maybe I need to work on how to convey my story into the home page of my website so that it doesn't look like I'm just trying to sell shirts from the get go

As for the money I don't care about the money. I just want my stuff to be seen and appreciated. I want people to think esoteric symbolism is cool. I want them to be protected and full of good vibrations when they wear my stuff.

Also did you check out my website or did you think my brand felt flat just from the images Ive posted alone. Either answer will be helpful
>>
>>437757
>>437761
So i guess my questions for you are
>how do you think i can look less pretentious
>how do you think I can look less cheap

Right now because I'm coming in from the knowledge haver, teacher angle I want to be a sharer of information. Rather than a snob. Although I don't feel like I'm being snobby, but maybe that's not how I come across to others
>>
>>437741
>>437749
let's get gay, rub twinkies and make designs that break all kinds of rules but people are buying
>>
>>437742
worry about selling and long term expansive product offerings, rookies are focused on much brand. just post shit, i recommend etsy, and if/when it's big enough then you already have a brand just make pages for it
>>
>>437745
regardless of the actual work, square long rectangular compositions make people look fat. one thing to consider.

make your own mockups on photoshop and post those, if you're using something like printing's mockups then that's just how they are, just be sure you're expecting the png the same size as the canvas. imo the only cleaning up you should be doing on the final png is maybe brushing out parts you didn't see while working on it, like soft brush having lingering artifacts outside areas intended to mask
>>
>>437762
i think you ought to focus less on your ideals and just put product up for sale and see what's selling and what isn't. rookies are so invested in muh ideals they don't realize the selfishness, you are there to provide value products and service to consumers. leave yourself out of it, and mr. vibrations if you're really that guy you'd understand the value of being a source
>>
>>437767
Long term product offerings?

Ok. I'll just post what I feel like works and see what sticks. I wanted to get some feedback on what I've currently made but you're right that that's not what I should really be focused on.

As far as generating traffic and sales. Right now I use spring to make my shirts as I have no screen printing equipment of my own. Should I switch to etsy from spring. I plan on buying ads so I guess I should focus on whichever is worth it. Or even both.

>>437768
Interesting. I never thought of using my own mockups. I'll look into it.

>>437769
You're right. I gotta just let whatever happens happens. The right people will find my products when they need to. It's my job to make sure they are available for when that time comes

Thank you, I feel less worried about my designs and another step closer to a full launch.

I want to do a big opening launch to try to generate some initial momentum. Anyone have any methods to recommend

I want to do an opening sale, maybe an exclusive shirt design, advertisements, Facebook posts, reddit, instagram. Just attack as much social media as possible. What you think?
>>
>>437762
Different anon here...
I tend to agree with the other anons critique, the image at >>437747 doesn't give me any sense of esoteric knowledge or spirituality, it looks like a graphic for a z grade spy themed comic or TV show where everybody has high tech video screens with that kind of background on them. The typeface is nothing like the kind of art you are using in your other designs, it's like a cheap bumper sticker.
The hand silouette says nothing as a logo and looks like zero thought went into it, at the very least you could have incorporated the "5th" onto the hand so it actually looks like some esoteric symbol like picrel.
On that note, even among people who are really into this stuff and take your premise at face value it's pretty obvious that you are just copying old artwork and slapping it on shirts, if an image swiped from a tarot card on a Hanes BeefyT can be charged to become a protective talisman then *anything* can be and so who needs you?
Tarot card t-shirts are easy to come by.
Not trying to be a dick, maybe you do have some unique insights and methods of approaching the subject and maybe clothing and other items with these kinds of images could be a valuable offering in conjunction with sharing that...
But if you don't want to look like a huckster you need to make that artwork and design approach unique and have it look well thought out and at least somewhat in keeping with that ancient/esoteric vibe.
IOW they need to actually be *your* designs that reflect whatever it is you claim to offer that makes you worth paying attention to.

Otherwise just sell shirts and tote bags and whatever with those symbols and art on them like a normal person and lose the keeper of esoteric knowledge fluff.
>>
File: 5th hand.png (13 KB, 211x259)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>437771
Whoops, forgot picrel
>>
>>437761
>>437762

I peeped your Instagram as well when I said it seems pretentious and cheap. I think the cheapness comes from the inexperience; the crispness of your logo is too sharp against the rest of the designs. I dunno how other people would fix that, but I'd fix that by applying a filter to all of it as a final step. Some kind of grain or reticulation that'll be subtle.

Pretention comes from wanting to look smarter than you are, not actually being too smart from the room. I agree with the thesis that everything is vibrations, I like psychedelics and I'm all about esoteric stuff, but I think that it's especially a stereotype about guys into esoterica that they're always trying to "teach" everyone about esoterica.

Esoterica is cool, I genuinely want you to succeed if this is something that you care about. But I think you need scratch made assets. If you're working with symbols, you can use digital tools to learn how to draw those symbols yourself. Right now it looks like you played around with the Rider–Waite designs and put them on shirts, and I guess that's where the word cheap comes into play. When I see designs like that I think "Oh. Well they're selling the Rider–Waite deck. That's not their art. Their art is 'uploading stuff to tee shirt websites'." No offense lol.

>>437768 is correct that square rectangular compositions make people look fat.
>>
>>437771
I went with the hand because it's my actual right hand, and the right hand symbolizes the active portion of your destiny. The path in life you walk is chosen by the decisions you make. Choosing to find spirituality is the meaning of the logo. The thumb is the finger that symbolizes spirit, so it felt right to put the 5th above the thumb to signify that connection. Also the 5th inside the hand left the thumb sticking out on its own, which left lots of empty space
Plus 5th, 5 fingers, I thought they worked together numerically.

>it's pretty obvious that you are just copying old artwork and slapping it on shirts,
So I admit that I'm using old designs and copying them, but I at least wanted to put my personal flair into the cards to help highlight the meanings of them at a glance. Such as with the magician, the gold items are the significant parts of the card that show him as a master of the elements.

The sun card I went with a secret rare yugioh card rainbow effect because it almost looks like a diamond reflecting light in the sun. To highlight the brightness and positive feelings the card brings.

>if an image swiped from a tarot card on a Hanes BeefyT can be charged to become a protective talisman then *anything* can be and so who needs you?
Ultimately I'm not important. Yet I want to provide that outlook for people looking for esoteric shirts in my particular style. Where as most other sources, from what I've seen are direct ripoff of the older symbols, or they are incredibly low effort and introductory level.

I do make my own symbols and have encorporated them into my designs. One thing I will say is that the purpose of the brand is "finding information from things hidden". Therefore it's about revealing old symbolism into the modern light. I feel like I'm at least allowed to use these symbols and stay on brand. Although I almost always try to put my own personal spin on these designs
>>
File: 800 (2).jpg (114 KB, 800x800)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>437771
I'll work on encorporating more of my own designs to add a uniqueness to what I'm trying to do

Heres one that is a unique design that is based off an older symbol
>>
File: 800 (1).jpg (105 KB, 800x800)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>437773
I understand. I can try doing a filter to it and see if that helps with reducing the sharpness.

The reason why I want to "teach" is because nobody taught me. I had to find these things out on my own and when the time came for me to learn them I essentially had to recreate the wheel. Taking bits and pieces of concepts from 1000s of different sources.

Idk the reason I went for the rider tarot designs is because they are the most well known, and symbolically one of the best when it comes to the underlying symbolism within each card. Another not trying to fully reinvent the wheel

But if that's 2 people suggesting original designs, then I'll try to focus on that a bit more. Here's another original solar system design
>>
>>437761
>its easy to come accross as too smart.
hahaha.
alright neo, time to take your pills.

besides of how the messiah-complex itself always amuses me, I want to tell you how I think it would be helpful to have more realistic mockups instead. as a potential buyer I just CANNOT NOT ask myself: Is this guy a joke if he didnt even bother taking pics of the real actual print he wants me to spend money on or at least make any serious effort finding out how to make it look decent in photoshop.
picrel in linked post looks so much better than those shitty mockups.

remember.
from the perspective of the buyer your shop *could* be a fraud paying some semi amateur wage slave designers from developing countries to just spit out random images. The designs mostly do not conform to usual design rules. and after all you are selling your shirts on larger corporation soulless 21st-century-trying-to-make-money machines (eg spring). seriously what reason do I have actually believing you to be having any sort of ideals or agenda, which in the end is what you are trying to sell. Id maybe buy that thing handmade at your local shop. but ordering on chinese fabric massproduction center in order to have a shirt which shows to the world how much I was able to look behind reality itself is obscene to me.

The designs themselves could be alright. obviously non standard graphic design so it is difficult to say for sure. I could imagine people buying it. but I never dabbled into that niche myself, so I dont really know.
Trying releasing a few designs and adjusting on the way seems reasonable.
>>
>>437776
>>437777
>>437743

who had the genius idea of advertising a white shirt on a pure white background?
>>
File: Hand symbol.jpg (25 KB, 300x396)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>437775
The hand isn't the problem, I know it's an elemental aspect of symbology, etc, etc, etc. It's just that the way you did it doesn't have the appearance of any of that and is more of a forearm that just happens to have a hand still attached. Go look at some ancient symbols that use a hand, it's just a hand with only the hint of a wrist, if any.
The other anon was right too about it looking too crisp and precise, one way to avoid that would be to use your own hand and some paint and make an actual handprint and use that as the basis for your logo, cleaning it up just enough to make it more of a graphic symbol than just a hand print, but like clip art.
>>
>>437787
Correction- Last bit should read **NOT** like clip art.
>>
>>437780
What was the pic you are saying pic related for

I'll work on some mock ups. Ultimately I think you're overthinking it, ive never thought any design could be some sort of slave industry, but I do agree that better mocks would be worth it in the end.

>>437787
I'll look into it a bit. I dont think less forearm is the solution, but the hand itself is too blank. I'll play around with some ideas
>>
>>437792
>picrel in linked post.
only one post linked in that text, honey
>>
>>437793
Oh you mean my picture. Gotcha
>>
>>437792
>Ultimately I think you're overthinking it, ive never thought any design could be some sort of slave industry...

Ultimately you are underthinkiing it on nearly every level and making the common mistake of imposing your values and feelings on the market, that in the case of T shirts has had many decades to learn that it's rife with quick buck opportunists who come and go like leaves on trees, except faster.
You are also underpinning yourcdesignsxand the fact that the entire premise is at odds with itself, part of mystical and esoteric symbolism is that some degree of obscurity attracts the kinds of people willing to devote thevtime necessary to study and learn hidden knowledge.
The process you went through is a feature, not a fault, and to the degree that a teacher, mentor or guru or whatever is appropriate, the genuine and serious ones don't usually adervertise or sell merch, or have to.
That alone is a huge red flag to anyone seeking any kind of spiritual enlightenment or guidance, esoteric or not...and rightly so.
Some guy offering to reveal hidden knowledge out of the goodness of his heart online and wants to sell you a magic mystical protective T shirt is almost parody level, if you wrote a movie with that guy nobody would believe it could be real.
Even if you are 100% on the level, THAT is the reality you are up against and whether you see it that way or not doesn't matter....you need to look at it the way your customer base does and do the work to allay those suspicions whether you think they're valid or not.
Not leaving anything to chance or sending a message that "good enough" is your standard is a huge part of that.
>>
>>437799
>Some guy offering to reveal hidden knowledge out of the goodness of his heart online and wants to sell you a magic mystical protective T shirt is almost parody level
You clearly have no idea of anything im trying to do.
It's understandable though. A bunch of skeptics on 4chan truly only see the world as money first. Ideology second.

I'd love for you to explain how I can sustainably give out free shirts? Or how I can own a storefront for free.

What other anons are suggesting
>make a bunch of designs and see what sticks
That's the true hallmark of someone in it for the money.

How about this. Go to my website. Read a couple things and then see if I'm really a money hungry guru like you claim I am.

I just want to say I do see where you are coming from, and I will work to make sure I don't give off that impression, but I dont think I do, in person. Online where you can assume the worst out of someone i can see why you would believe I'm just a hack
>>
>>437799
glad to see someone who gets me.

>>437800
lol dude. chill your tits. you make the mistake of looking at every peron on this board like being one singe entity with no face.
>you are all about money and not ideology
when valuing money above all else is an ideology as well.
that is why I laugh about you bragging how smart you are.

this is your project
you decided to go to 4chan with it.
and now you dont know how to handle different opinions.

dude just do your stupid shitty tshirt thing and live on. Ill be looking at you like you are one of those idiots who keep telling themselves how good they are because just how well they understood the meaning of it all, when in reality they just upload designs to fucking mass printing shops lol
>>
>>437801
I'm handling your different opinions. Am I not allowed to tell the other guy he's wrong when he has an obviously wrong opinion of me. And even though he's wrong I still can understand that that's one possible public perception of me.

Either way. I've heard a good amount from multiple anons. You can cool it with the personal attacks though

>all you do is mass print t shirts
I do astrology chart and tarot readings as well
>>
>>437802
I see. so you are really taking the difficult route, sacrifice yourself for doing good and make the world a better place then.
>>
>>437800
>You clearly have no idea of anything im trying to do.
>It's understandable though. A bunch of skeptics on 4chan truly only see the world as money first. Ideology second.
Way to miss the point entirely just to get defensive.
I was very clear about stating that who/ what you may be can be misinterpreted and that you may very well be 1000% honest and real.
You even acknowledge that I'm correct in saying this-
>I just want to say I do see where you are coming from, and I will work to make sure I don't give off that impression
That would have been a great place to just fucking stop and say thanks.
Instead you get more defensive, betraying yourcearlier claim that you can take criticism-
>but I dont think I do, in person.
Apples and oranges, nobody said shit about you irl.

Then you double down with misrepresentations that are little more than thinly veiled character judgements and personal attacks-
>Online where you can assume the worst out of someone i can see why you would believe I'm just a hack

Even the least diplomatic responders trying to HELP YOU gave you the benefit of the doubt, and like a million other "critique me, I can take it" posters ASKING FOR HELP you couldn't just STFU and listen to feedback without taking it personally and making your own responses personal.
If you just want to be praised go ask your Mom how good "your" art is.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 1080x1350)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>437777
This is like a tuxedo T-shirt for people who want to look like pic related, but more wizard-y
>>
>>437806
amen
>>
>>437742
>>437743
>>437744
>>437745
>>437746
>>437776
>>437777

For starters, esoterica shouldn't be so on the nose. I agree with the criticisms that you're just ripping the Rider-Waite and "esoteric" imagery without making it interesting - have you considered redesigning the tarot in your own style? To be frank you don't seem to have a signature style outside of copying and pasting. Nothing about your "designs" stands out in that they are already available at any department store with graphic tees or some local wook crystal shop. >>437761 Jacket is pretty cool though, might look better with Fifth on the chest and the zodiac design on the back but it's admittedly the best piece that you've "created" based on what you've shared.

I can't help but ultimately agree that you come off as pretentious in thinking you're being unique or enlightened or whatever the hell your convoluted thesis is when really what you're doing is pretty contrived and gaudy. I challenge you to actually make it your own. Take your 5th hand logo and make it look like a woodcut or something.
>>
>>437808

I'm not FIFTH anon but I have designed my own tarot deck and the process was incredible as a graphic designer. I had to make sure that 78 unique cards demonstrated design consistency and fluidity and that the esoteric meanings could be derived from them. It gave me 78 assignments to work on and that alone is enough practice to start getting good.

Card assignments like that are good to do when you're starting out as a graphic designer. I've got a friend whose first gig ever was designing a trading card game for some people. By the time he was done, he was a pro.
>>
>>437811
Cool! (oh - also not the fifth anon as well)
I thought about designing a tarot deck for practise as well, eventhough I am not into the theory behind it at all. anyways I do enjoy its imagery and symbolism...
but I am losing my tracks now...
so anyways Id be super interested in some designs. would you maybe share some designs of yours?
>>
File: four of pentacles 2.jpg (2.68 MB, 1650x2850)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>437812

Sure, I wouldn't mind at all.
The theory behind tarot is pretty interesting. You don't have to believe in any mysticism to see how it plays with archetypes to communicate broad ideas in abstract ways. I think one of the failings of the Rider Waite deck is that some of the symbolism has been lost to time and obscured by mysticism. With my cards, I tried to re-interpret the sentiment of the original in a way that felt more modern, so that skeptics could see benefit in what Tarot is trying to do.
>>
>>437813
that is amazing! I saw your design first and chuckled since it is very charming in a kinda surprising way.
afterwards I read your message and I gotta say you sparked some unexpected interest in me.
Ill be reading into it. thanks fren, I appreciate you!
>>
File: two of cups.jpg (3.28 MB, 1650x2850)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB JPG
>>437814

No problem at all! I hope you make something cool!
>>
>>437811
>design consistency and fluidity

What a lot of beginners in most creative fields miss is that what might seem restrictive like a playing card form/template or very limited color pallette, or a structured form of poetry like a haiku or sonnet, or a simple chord structure or rhythm like the blues or reggae can actually allow you to be more successfully creative and fluid within that structure and have a more interesting and appealing final product than you'd get from just throwing out all restrictions in the name of ultimate "creative freedom".
Having a sort of boundary to stay inside acts as a safety net...it's like dancing on a tiny platform 30 ft off the ground, you can be more free and uninhibited in your movements with a railing there than with no railing at all, even though the latter is technically more restrictive. It takes away the fear of making a huge fatal mistake, which is a more insidious hindrance to free creativity.
>>
File: jfj.png (3.14 MB, 1862x1560)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>437770
you are so retarded. you watch too many business youtube videos and keep talking about strategy/planning when your designs are bad and you have nothing up for sale. stop trying to do things that matter when you have sales, post product and keep making new designs

my work isn't so hot either, but it's selling, some are better than others and i'm improving. if it comes a time where i have hundreds of monthly sales i'll move away from etsy, but until then no instagram, no fb, just work and quick shipping bc i use printify. why would you discount things as soon as they're available lol, you aren't thinking you are spitting up videos you watched without applied thought/experience
>>
File: bbbb.png (2.67 MB, 1588x1582)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB PNG
>>437800
this guy doesn't get it. i can't believe me and the few other anons taking the time to give you valuable insight and you overlook it. all this law of attraction in your favor and you're being an asshole, naive, underwhelming and arrogant about it all...what the fuck bro? who mans
>>
>>437823
>trying to lecture while making quick cash grab shirts of a celebrities death

Between the personal attacks there were many anons who gave me good insight, that I am considering and implementing. But you can't say some of them weren't rude about it. I have the right to explain my thought process but to you and them that's just me being defensive
>>
>>436508
I dig it, reminds me of my own work but higher quality. I can't draw for shit.
>>
>>437824
>I have the right to explain my thought process but to you and them that's just me being defensive

It *IS* defensive and when you ask total strangers for help and advice they are NOT obligated to listening to you reject the advice you asked for and expound on how they are wrong and don't get you.
You are entitled to feel that way but when you argue or do anything but accept the advice for what it is and SHUT THE FUCK UP and move on, you are wasting people's time and acting like an entitled brat.
If you don't like the tone of someone's free advice they dont owe you, then pay a consultant to work for you and set your ground rules as their employer/client.
Just be prepared for them to say "fuck it" and walk when they realize that even when you pay them its not worth their time being wasted either when you can't just SHUT THE FUCK UP and consider what they tell you without always trying to be right and have the last word and crying about things you dont want to hear.

You asked us for our thoughts and reasoning, **we didn't ask for yours ** and you do NOT have a right to demand or expect that anyone listen to or care about what you have to say.
>>
>>437824
you don't look at the design as work, i posted it for opinions, you just label it and go through an entire captcha to leave a spicy comment. corny bro.. it's a product for those wanting, putting your emotional baggage is unnecessary. it's sad your designs are shit, you talk shit, ignore advice and cry. what a pussy
>>
File: filter.png (2.53 MB, 1417x1890)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB PNG
not recent but will contribute with what i got
>>
File: book mock.png (4.4 MB, 3000x2000)
4.4 MB
4.4 MB PNG
>>437849
>>
File: card fixed.png (2.66 MB, 1890x1417)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB PNG
>>437850
>>
File: The-End.png (381 KB, 1800x1147)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
I made this for a comic I am working on. However, maybe I should use a professional font for “The“ and “nd“ instead. Which font do you recommend to use with my “E + padlock“?
>>
>>437911
top left
what about ending the tail of the E at the edge of the heart-lock
a bit too phallic imo for women to wear and too edgy for guys
>>
>>437918
Thank you for your feedback, anon. Tomorrow I will try to redesign it.
>a bit too phallic imo
Holy shit, I can't believe I didn't notice that...
>>
File: anons design.png (3.19 MB, 3000x2250)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB PNG
>>436748
It looks good, like a real packet.
The 2 on the 270 on the front is a bit lighter than the 7 and 0, and the bits highlighted in picrel, look a bit strange.
>>
>>437930
not that anon

lol wut??
>>
>>437931
I never realised how retarded I am, trying to explain it better, and all I can do is agree with you, but in a slightly different way, I'm just thinking wtf am I doing/thinking?
Sorry.
>>
>>437930
That's the light reflecting off the bag and the creases in the packaging you monumental retard.
>>
>>437933
hey! don't worry mate, it's all good. you just seem to be confused. could have many reasons. there are lots of totally normal people who suddenly find themselves in situations like what you are describing and I have been there before as well. lfe mostly consists of factors we cannot control and you seem to have ended up at a rougher patch along the way.

consider leaving the web for a while, or take a break from drugs if you do any. and maybe try connecting with family or friends. I kjnow this could seem hard. maybe a long time has passed since last time. but be calm about it and show your need for help. another option is seek for ambulatory mental help. normally they can offer some immediate measures to make sure you are safe for now.

I am not sure how mods handle situations like this, but I would hope one of those to maybe contact you and offer some structure you then can rely on.

It's all good. we all slip at times.
nothing to be ashamed of. you clearly showed that not all hope is lost yet!!!
>>
>>437935
unnecessary
>>
File: Babel-min-min.jpg (786 KB, 1200x1500)
786 KB
786 KB JPG
>>
>>437822
Fuller moe is that you?
>>
File: ARTWORK DRAIN.jpg (6.39 MB, 4800x6000)
6.39 MB
6.39 MB JPG
redesigned some drain merch to maybe make a shirt fo me

>>437996
id change the paper/backgroud texture to something more subtle, it kinda distracts from the design instead of making it look more real
>>
File: ARTWORK DRAIN shirt.jpg (2.02 MB, 2500x2500)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>438007
>>
File: a97170_e1.jpg (35 KB, 450x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>438008
>>
>>438011
yes
>>
>>437772
>>437787
Ok I took what you guys said to heart and came up with this. Is that better than before?
>>
File: anon.png (1.36 MB, 877x1240)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>kek
>>
>>
>>
>>438080
slightly but the "fifth" idea doesn't need or benefit from being represented by the word *and* the ordinal "5th" in the same design, especially when the spelled version uses periods that establish it as an acronym that itcturns out has little to do with numerical concepts and means "finding information from things hidden"...it's all over the place and confusing, and not in a mystical or evocative way. Now you've added some "5th Dimension" angle that makes all that worse, and the cheesy generic typeface and periods still make it look like a bad "Man From U.N.C.L.E." ripoff or maybe an elementary school academic program that hands out shitty certificates for not being retarded for a whole week or taking an oath that you won't do drugs.
Seriously, except for the symbolism it looks like a flyer that a fourth grade teacher whipped up in 1985 using DOS.
>>
>>438090
Ok so "5th" plays into the numerical fifth dimension concept while F.I.F.T.H. plays into the finding information from things hidden concept. It's supposed to be a double entendre and they both play into each other as the 5th dimension is the vibrational dimension or aether/astral which is the hidden dimension that is bring referenced by F.I.F.T.H.
It is a little all over the place. I'd like to find one cohesive way to explain them both together. Usually I have the whole finding information thing where vibrational energy workshop is. As my brand name is "F.I.F.T.H. Dimension" or I'll even write is as "F.I.F.T.H." but then when I was going by just fifth in my mind I figured people would think "fifth what?"

What would you consider non cheesy font? This was really just a simple image to showcase the logo. But I'm curious to see examples of what you consider exceptional so I can work towards that
>>
>>438090
And I do appreciate your feedback so thanks
>>
File: mccc.png (1.77 MB, 1608x1526)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>438000
no and how dare you
>>
File: f5b.png (468 KB, 692x784)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
>>438092
not that anon. it's just bad and childlike, no flavour. trying too hard to explain with content without each element having an impact. it's a reflection of your character at time of creation,
>>
>>438099
That's the same point I got to as well. But I'm trying to make a splashable logo and tag line and then I can work on effects with different shirt ideas and what not.

I'm missing something but I'm not quite too sure. I have some ideas I'll post them when I'm about done
>>
File: new tag line 3 done.png (58 KB, 907x367)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>438090
>>438099
>>438100
How about something like this
>>
File: iufshg8734fh873q873f.png (2.07 MB, 976x1174)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>438101
No

Bad and wordy

Trying too hard without each element having an impact

You only need a tagline when the design doesn't speak for itself

You ignore multiple anons guidance, either stop trying or copy an anons post and tweak it a bit. The swirly hand is the best so far, and by tweak don’t add that cringe tagline. I want to help you because I know what it's like to start from nothing but you don't listen, argue for your arts and crafts design and it's annoying. Maybe mods should ban you from further comments, or just make your own thread and reply to yourself
>>
The nore I try to make my font unique the less I like it or the more unreadable it gets. I think I like the simple font, and looking at some other sucessful brands, I'm noticing that most of the time they don't have super complicated font either

So I think this will be my final decision. Left or right for the logo
>>
>>438143
But every sucessful brand has a tag line. And it's not like you put your tag line on everything you make. Even your design there has a tag line
>toward a clean energy future

And what are you talking about I've listened to almost every anon here including you. And because you the advice I've been given I've been able to change my logo to something that's more representative of what I'm trying to convey, and my splash image and tag line looks much cleaner. I admit I'm not perfect, but I'm trying and I'm listening
>>
>>438144
where do you get your shirts printed and are they screen printed or DTG? Im looking at getting some of my designs put on shirts
>>
>>438157
I use printify and they use dtg
>>
File: Know your audience.jpg (223 KB, 1080x998)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>438144
That blocky sans-serif typeface is completely at odds with the type of graphics you are using and overall vibe of the subject...it's like using some super modern font for a ladies tea room or comic sans for anything.
It doesn't have to be more complicated or illegible, it's just that what you are using is visually tone deaf.
Pic related.
>>
>>438145
>But every sucessful brand has a tag line.
> Even your design there has a tag line
>>toward a clean energy future

That all thinking people know is 100% contrived feel-good PR emotional manipulation bullshit, especially from a massive power company that has an effective monopoly and can kill people and destroy homes through negligence and just get a slap on the wrist.
https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/socal-edison-getting-away-with-murder-following-settlement-decision/
That's the point, even when they arent a smokescreen, tag lines are almost always smarmy and pretentious and a joke.

>RIB SHACK- "...for those who eat ribs"
>HAIRCUTS, ETC.- "...a place for hair"
>PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE- "...putting in the man hours to study the science of what you need"

I called a realtor once about a fixer house in a nice neighborhood, it had already sold and I asked her if she had anything else in the area that was similar...
She asked what my budget was, when I told her (it was about what that fixer was listed for) she literally laughed out loud and said "you're dreaming".
I said, "OK, but I thought a realtor's job was "Making Dreams Come True™...?"

She hung up.
>>
>>438167
>it's super modern
That's kind of what I was going for. A modern iteration of ancient symbols and philosophies. I know it's not your typical wizard/magic font, but part of me doesn't want it to be that. It feels right with the blocky text, and this way it has less effects on it which allows me to stylize it for specific designs.

>>438168
I'm my case it's also the acronym definition. So I feel like it's more important than your average tag line.
>>
>>438171
>typical wizard/magic font
Never suggested that, that you can't relate to anything but polarized extremes just speaks to your lack of actual planning/vision.

So does your insistence on spinning every criticism as a misunderstanding of your intent and carefully plotted choices
> I'm my case it's also the acronym definition. So I feel like it's more important than your average tag line.

LOL, you can't even stick to one definition; you are so enamored of your "clever" name and acronym that you pretend that it's everything at once and have built up your owm mythology about it.
If the name matters then use that and if people realize that it spells out "fifth" and want to use that as shorthand there will be no stopping it.
SO many details like three separate iterations of the concept at once and adding periods just show that you know it's not organic and easily understood like a quality ID, adding periods after the actual spelled out words is just insulting to people who are past the third grade.
Bottom line is that nobody is giving you a hard time because you are a rank beginner making rookie mistakes, it's that when they are pointed out you try to flip them around not just as OK, but evidence that you are smarter and more capable and have put more thought into this than the people you had to ask for help. You don't even know what you don't know, but are never wrong.
All of those people have been in the same place as noobs and you simply don't get better without learning to separate bullshit excuses from reality, which is why they have nailed you every step of the way.

The ONLY person you are fooling with your endless spin is yourself.
>>
>>438173
>Never suggested that, that you can't relate to anything but polarized extremes just speaks to your lack of actual planning/vision.
I mean you sort of implied it with statements like
>vibe of the subject
>super modern
>visually tone deaf

>So does your insistence on spinning every criticism as a misunderstanding of your intent and carefully plotted choices
I just wanted to give insight of where I'm coming from. Maybe you'd be able to steer me in a direction that satisfies us both instead of saying
>You're way is shit, do it my way

>LOL, you can't even stick to one definition; you are so enamored of your "clever" name and acronym that you pretend that it's everything at once and have built up your owm mythology about it.
I am. Which is why I'm trying to make sure that it's seen. I want it to be right in front of your face with 0 misinterpretation.

>SO many details like three separate iterations of the concept at once and adding periods just show that you know it's not organic and easily understood like a quality ID, adding periods after the actual spelled out words is just insulting to people who are past the third grade.
Maybe it is, but you'd be surprised. Part of the reason is that Fifth Dimension by its self is so common. I wanted a way to stand out, so F.I.F.T.H. Dimension is supposed to be my way of being unique.
>>
>>438173
>>438175
>Bottom line is that nobody is giving you a hard time because you are a rank beginner making rookie mistakes, it's that when they are pointed out you try to flip them around not just as OK, but evidence that you are smarter and more capable and have put more thought into this than the people you had to ask for help.
I appreciate you telling me how you feel and your suggestions, but also at the same time just because you suggest something doesn't mean I have to do that specific thing. If I'm wrong, then that's part of my learning curve. When I asked for help, it's for criticism and brainstorming ideas. I didn't ask anyone to design my brand for me. Because ultimately that's what it is, my brand.

>You don't even know what you don't know, but are never wrong.
All of those people have been in the same place as noobs and you simply don't get better without learning to separate bullshit excuses from reality, which is why they have nailed you every step of the way.
Me defending my ideas is not me saying "I'm right". Like I said before, lots of anons have suggested things and I've listened to what they've said to make my logo better and my brand image more streamlined. That should be evidence to me accepting my wrongs, and me willing to listen. The same way I'm always not wrong, you're always right. Yet you don't want to listen to me, the person you're supposed to be helping. You just want to tell me what to do (even if it does come from a place of knowledge and experience)

>The ONLY person you are fooling with your endless spin is yourself.
Sort of. I'm happy with where our discussion put me, as I feel you and others have helped a lot. But there's things I'm too unwilling to budge on and that's fine. If it's bad, it's all part of my learning experience.

So thanks anon. I really do appreciate it as I know you put a considerable amount of time into your responses
>>
>>438177
>Me defending my ideas is not me saying "I'm right".

Translation: I'm right.

>Like I said before, lots of anons have suggested things and I've listened to what they've said to make my logo better and my brand image more streamlined. That should be evidence to me accepting my wrongs, and me willing to listen.
You've barely changed anything, and listening involves your ears, not your mouth.

>The same way I'm always not wrong, you're always right. Yet you don't want to listen to me, the person you're supposed to be helping.

That's how advice works, except for the "supposed to" part. Again, listening to advice doesn't require any verbal input at all on your part, and neither does you deciding not to follow suggestions after hearing them.
>You just want to tell me what to do (even if it does come from a place of knowledge and experience).
Actually I've really only suggested that what you've chosen might not be as good as it could be, and explained why. You don't want to change anything so now you characterize those suggestions as me "telling you what to do" so you can once again be in the right and subjected to bad faith tactics by strangers YOU asked to comment, who did so to be helpful and didn't ask you for anything or to hear your reasoning.
>>
File: rrerI.png (88 KB, 258x196)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>438173
thank you anon. really want to help the bloke but his cranium is all mush, we just don't understand.

we don't understand why he uses an id when it's obvious

we don't understand the deep mythicism of his intricate designs compacted with vibrational layers never before printed on a beefy tee
>>
>>438192
>vibrational layers never before printed on a beefy tee

He shall henceforth be known as Gildan the Sorcerer.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (203 KB, 800x600)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>438144
My suggestions:
*Either get rid of the hand or rework it completely. It's traced horribly. Maybe just use the symbol, even if it's generic as fuck.
*Get rid of the "5th", it's useless and serves no purpose.
*Get a font that doesn't come standard with windows... Also preferably one that doesn't look shit.
*Find a way to minimize the impact of your acronym explaination, perhaps remove it completely. It's a logo, not an essay. You can explain it elsewhere.
*Mark should 100% be on the left. Rarely is it wise to put it on the right.

If you are going for a modern look see pic attached for a general idea. Obviously not a real suggestion, just something I threw together in 5 min on my travel laptop, but hopefully it can give you a general idea. Keep it clean, simple, don't overthink and overdo. Remove as much of the bullshit as possible and give elements room to breathe.
>>
why are yall so obsessed interacting with that fifth vibration anon?
>>
File: Mystical tshirt.png (52 KB, 550x393)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>438210
I just want to help him come up with something good.
Pic related.
>>
File: vnn7f8348GM%J%$-D#CDF.png (372 KB, 550x348)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
>>438212
>>
>>438212
Bruh I'm deceased
>>
>>438208
I do like this I'll try to see if I can encorporate something like this.

Thanks
>>
>>
>>438208
Once again thanks anon. I took out the 5th, as you're right it didn't really add anything. Changed the font, still modern but I think this one shows more personality and is a bit more artsy. Moved the tagline/acronym down to the bottom so it's removed from the logo rather than being a part of it

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out
>>
>>438210
Responding on an imageboard is being obsessed? K.

Why are you obsessed with people responding to the dude? Just move along if you got nothing to contribute.
>>
>>
File: McMystikal McMansion.png (948 KB, 800x800)
948 KB
948 KB PNG
>>438229
>I think this one shows more personality and is a bit more artsy.
>>
File: Kozmyk Katering.jpg (653 KB, 1678x728)
653 KB
653 KB JPG
>>438229
>>
>>438229
>I'm pretty happy with how it turned out
If you're happy with it that's cool.
>>
>>438233
>>438234
>>438236
It's not perfect, but like other anons have said I need to be focused more on selling shirts. I think where it's at now is good enough to start putting it on designs and stuff and if I feel like changing it later I always have that option.

And if you're coming up with these acronyms on your own, that's pretty impressive lol
>>
>>438230
lol having a rough day or why so salty?
You have to admit in comparison to how much help people are getting normally this is pretty noteworthy.

Also the counterattack of asking "why are you obsessed" is pretty dumb lol since it was one single question compared to this shitload of fifth messages.
I am not saying you have to like my slightly bitchy question, but your reaction makes it even funnier.
>>
File: FDA$%GF8*&12DDA.png (83 KB, 262x266)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>438228
i like the texture. it would be nice to see the above ceiling connect to the floor or sides in a perspective-ish kind of way, for me too much empty space. still good

>>438229
lol dude does apply advice. what changed? it's so bad lol, and he's happy meaning any criticism will be responded to with spicy subtitles

>>438233
>>438212
>>438234
these filenames and pics are three good. lmao food items for the hungry

>>438247
i think we help because a number of anons post shit it's incredible, it may not be one's preference but the work stands out...so when we finally get someone below us it's a treat, just sucks he wants to take the long route instead of listening to these unknown coated anons on here
>>
>>438247
>You have to admit in comparison to how much help people are getting normally this is pretty noteworthy.
Is it? I feel like everyone here is pretty helpful. My first impression was that it was a snobby place for artists to give you harsh criticism. But then again all my life I've had people be exceptionally nice to me. Not in a bragging way, just I noticed a long time ago there's something about me that gravitates peoples kindness and generosity

>>438252
Hey man we have different styles. Can we at least agree to disagree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Remember that.

>the long route
Yeah but you learn the most through experience. So it's something I just gotta do my own way
>>
>>438254
>exceptionally nice
the chosen one
so it was your aura all along
>>
>>438237
>And if you're coming up with these acronyms on your own, that's pretty impressive lol

It's actually not, which is the point you have missed from the beginning; it's remarkably easy to do and overused by the worst types of hucksters trying to appear witty and trying to gussy up some flim-flam or agenda to make it appear Meaningful and Important to the rubes.
Politicians and social justice warriors in particular LOVE making up cutesy backronyms to sell their junk and pat themselves on the back for being oh-so-clever-

>DARE ("Drug Abuse Resistance Education")
>MADD ("Mothers Against Drunk Driving")
>ZIP code ("Zone Improvement Plan") >USA PATRIOT Act ("Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism")
>DREAM Act ("Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors")
>START/ SALT ("Strategic Arms Reduction Talks" or Treaty / "Strategic Arms Limitation Talks")
>STOP SMUT ("Special Taxation On Pornographic Services and Marketing Using Telephones Act")
SWEETEST ("Saccharin Warning Elimination via Environmental Testing Employing Science and Technology Act")
This is coincidentally why spy fiction uses them that's why yours reads like a nemesis from The Man From U.N.C.L.E. ("United Network Command for Law and Enforcement)

They're so easy (literally a word game) and trite and overused by charlatans that they trigger the spidey sense of non-saps, and are ripe for mockery.

Farcically Incompetent Fool Take Heed.
>>
File: SNAKE (2).png (6.23 MB, 2000x2000)
6.23 MB
6.23 MB PNG
Started as a snake but frog is cooler
>>
>>438257
he won't, see
>>438254

reworked the design to look the same lol
>>
>>438247
>>438210

I will say that I responded to that fifth anon a couple of times this thread, which is more than I would normally for any anon in any thread. So maybe Fifth Anon's spiritual mysticism is making us all pay more attention to him.
>>
>>438256
Maybe so, but I always try to help whenever I can so maybe it's just good karma. I do feel like I was chosen for something. What it is? Idk exactly, I do feel like it has something to do with F.I.F.T.H. which is why I keep working on it

>>438257
But. Some of those acronyms are some of the most memorable of all time
>NASA
>SCUBA
>DARE
>LOL
>LMAO
>TV
>CIA
>FBI
You can't lie and say people don't like acronyms. We use them everyday. So even if they are cheesy, or they are some political plot, you can't deny their impact.

>>438262
But its a different font? The F.I.F.T.H. is the artsy eye catching font that makes you wonder what it means then the normal font "dimension" gives it a cool scientific smarty look. So you really get that artsy, yet modern streamlined look that I'm going for with my designs.

The logo, I did consider taking the hand out and I even made some nice pentacle designs that might see a tee shirt, but without the hand it felt flat and felt more generic. The hand catches your eye. Either in a good or bad way.

I played with a lot of fonts. And even tried to recreate my own version of >>438208
But they all didn't have the magic or spark. But ultimately anons advise was very helpful

>>438266
=)

Feel free to check out my website. It's still in a beginner phase. I'm thinking of doing like a book on my website. Like a spiritual journey guide. Right now I have some symbolism based on the shirts I've made but my ultimate dream even after making my own store is making a book. Something along the lines of
>"Finding Information From Things Hidden -
>The Esoteric Life of Modern Man"
>The Modern Day Guide to Esoteric Enlightenment"
Something along those lines. But thats going to take a lot of time. Maybe I'll have to wait till I'm an old fart or maybe I'll write a little here and there
>>
>>438267
>>NASA
>>SCUBA
>>DARE
>>LOL
>>LMAO
>>TV
>>CIA
>>FBI
Except for DARE none of those are existing words that someone created a different meaning for by reverse engineering an acronym, hence the term "backronym".
Stupid people like all sorts of contrived bullshit, and it's no "lie" to say that lots of people who arent stupid don't and are especially skeptical when encountering that kind of thing from people in fields known to attract hucksters...like mystical revealers of hidden truths.
The fact that you even choose that terminology to deny that reality and accuse people of "lying" just shows the depths of your bullshittery.

Fleecing Idiots Feeding Them Hooey.
>>
>>438267
spiritual stuff is so well done. yet like starbucks and home depot there's always room for another, however those work because the quality/status is already there. you have bad designs and no real strength, i suggest fleshing out content regarding this topic you're honestly aa rookie at. As mentioned before, people who've been doing this spiritual stuff for awhile won't be wearing spiritual clothing, it's when you talk to them that it's found out. And were they to, it wouldn't be as cheesy as your current skill. I say stop all this foolishness and work on your message overall, and when you have a community, have content, let someone else make the design. it's just cheesy you have no presence and come off like you know everything, such a rookie spiritual move but you don't listen nor see it. talking about authoring when you don't have real life experience, a real one would do what anons have said just to grow/experiment, you're selfish and not him

i think you need to fail for a few more years until you accumulate the necessary experience , and this path may be the right path as this failure will highlight what is working
>>
What are peoples recommendations for where/how to sell your work?
From print and frame yourself, or upload to a site like displate, and any in between.
>>
>>438294
>As mentioned before, people who've been doing this spiritual stuff for awhile won't be wearing spiritual clothing, it's when you talk to them that it's found out.

What an antiquated way of thinking. Why hide what you believe in. Nobody has any problem with wearing a cross, yet you wear a pentacle and everybody flips their shit. What I personally love about my shirts is that they are conversation pieces. I've had plenty of conversations with people about spiritualism because they say my shirts or jackets and were curious.
I'm not advocating for stopping people on the street, but just wear the things you like and you'll see how people who are also interested gravitate towards you. If you hide your beliefs, you hide who you are. Thats spiritually damaging.

>And were they to, it wouldn't be as cheesy as your current skill
To each their own. When I first started painting, I was scared because I thought I had to impress people like you. Took me awhile to break those shackles. I dont consider myself an artist because I don't consider myself someone who has to be judged by his arbitrary skill level. I'll make what I like those who are meant to appreciate it will find and appreciate it
>>
>>438285
Well I can't really say much other than don't be so skeptical. Not everything needs to be so serious. Sometimes spiritual things can be fun, whimsical, or light hearted.
Between you and the other anon. There is definitely a mold that needs to be broken. That you both believe that anyone forthcoming with spirituality is a charlatan, is sad. Hopefully I can prove that some people are really just in it for the sake of being good, and spreading a good message. Honestly if I was rich I wouldn't even charge money for what I do. But I'm not and when I didnt charge I was quickly overwhelmed with people wanting free stuff.
>>
>>438302
Personally if you're new. Get a site to do it for you. Because it's a lot to manufacture/pack/ship yourself, especially if you're new.

Printify might have what you're looking for. What product do you make?
>>
>>438308
>What product do you make
I hadn't thought about anything other than prints or books t b h (I'm a /p/fag btw)
Currently I've got a set of 'Americana' shots I want to get out- displate seems tempting, but can't find anyone with experience using them who isn't also a shill.
>>
File: BakkerPancakes1a.png (722 KB, 1000x510)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
>>438307
>That you both believe that anyone forthcoming with spirituality is a charlatan, is sad.
There you go again, totally mischaracterizing what was said to present yourself as a victim, but so magnanimous that you pity those whose skepticism prevents them from partaking of your gift to the world. Classic.

>Hopefully I can prove that some people are really just in it for the sake of being good, and spreading a good message. Honestly if I was rich I wouldn't even charge money for what I do.

LOFL, well that changes everything because no snake oil salesman, debauched televangelist, get-rich-quick system instructor, ponzi scheme shill, quack "doctor" or carnival huckster has EVER said those exact words in their "trust me, bro" pitch.
Only thing missing was to start with "Friends...." in a tremulous and pleading tone that conveys just how sad you are to be forced by the cruel world into taking money.
>>
>>438321
he likes being on the bottom
>>
>>438007
How u make this
>>
>>434709
nice fukken style homie, I also like your T as an S
>>
File: 1661884163255910.png (225 KB, 499x430)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>436602
oh fuck the shadows
>>
>>438356
All in photoshop bro
>>
>>438363
Are u using here random images and crop it and make it b&w?
>>
>>438364
not random, most of them have already been used by drain gang on their merch, its more like a high resolution remake with some new elements in order to make a shirt
>>
>>438082
This is rad did you make it?
>>
I’m trying to get better at photoshop so I can sell merch designs to bands. I think im getting somewhere with this, I’m gonna delete some of the splatter and add more to it. Any feedback would be great.
>>
>>438381
>sell merch designs

>to bands

Good luck with that, nobody pays for shit these days.
>>
>>438398
Yeah I know. It’s a bit of a pipe dream of mine I’ve always wanted to do but most people can just photoshop shit themselves.
>>
>>438381
>>438401
If I were you I'd try to do a complete piece. Maybe pick a band and try to make a shirt that you could see a band wearing, As like maybe a mock design. Or even a [band name here] template version.

Then you can always go to local events and show up with shirts made for that band.

I think it's possible to work your way up to either having a lot of clients or a couple very well known ones. Or even finding yourself at record label merch marketing. But I think you'll have to do lots of ground work (like any other start up)
>>
>>438421
Thanks man I know lots of local bands so hopefully I can get a foot in the door with some of them.

This is the “completed” design I feel like I always need to add more but don’t know what to add. Any advice for how I could make the design better?
>>
File: 1669494564999229.jpg (3.52 MB, 4200x5400)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB JPG
>>438430
Maybe some background skeletons or some bats. Look I know nothing about band shirts, but the ones I see have huge lettering and a huge image with lots of elements. You've definitely got a good base maybe add some more elements to fill out the picture more.
>>
>>438430
does the band merch make sense to have a skull with maggots is the first question.

listen to their work, feel a vibe, and put their name on the draft product. going with a general design is unlikely to make them feel that it's tailored to their brand image, since that is what you are proposing. to be the face of the band/merch
>>
>>438440
Thanks man I’m gonna give that a try it is looking a little empty

>>438442
This makes sense, maybe I should actually try to reach out to some bands first. I see people selling pre-made merch on Instagram but I should people get a few clients under my belt first
>>
>>438082
love this
>>
File: eat bugssmaller.png (4 MB, 1286x1205)
4 MB
4 MB PNG
just doing stupid shit honestly
>>
>>438510
I like it man. Super cool it gives me like old video game manuals especially with that texture.

Plus the color for the font is like bug juice!
Super dope.
>>
>>438510
Are these assets from that fuller moe pack? I was considering grabbing it. Looks pretty good btw!
>>
>>438381
i know this is supposed to be band merch but you could make a killing on hot sauce labels
>>
File: plemons2.jpg (1.13 MB, 4096x3693)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
Just goofing around honestly, I might sell some stuff on redbubble or something when I get better
>>
>>
File: JDSJKFhdk%98.png (2.69 MB, 1166x1388)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
>>438555
i started using his and other tutorials. keep going bro
>>
>>438440
No dude, flames. Or slime/sludge/corruption to tie into the maggots more.
>>
>>438564

>>Noice>

Vibes.
>>
File: Harley.jpg (802 KB, 1200x1228)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
New print for LA comic con. I'm trying to pander as hard as possible with this one
>>
File: Adventures Ahead!.png (356 KB, 1654x1654)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
Wish I could do this for money instead of what I currently do for a living
>>
>>438602
Good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.