[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: red white usa.png (1.14 MB, 1800x1800)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
Hello 4chan. I'm new to making t-shirt designs and this is my first one. Please critique it to the max, as I am trying to make a living from this and am quitting my job at BJ's:
>>
File: Protect and serve-01.png (459 KB, 3000x3000)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
Here is my sister's, the design I decided to expand upon:
>>
Please let me know which is better, if you'd wear it, or if it is absolute shit. I am not advertising, btw
>>
File: 1618771533764.png (651 KB, 680x628)
651 KB
651 KB PNG
kek just got purged from /ic/ immediately posts it again in /gd/
>>
>>430730
I posted this at around the same time. Why the fuck was I purged, again?
>>
>>430731
because /ic/ is a drawing and painting board, not a graphic design board
>>
>>430732
That explains it. I'll wait until my new thread over there gets fucked and I guess I'll stay here afterwards
>>
That style of T-shirt typically features a destressed look. The text should not be over the flag as it's too obscure to see. You can use negative space to place things like guns over the flag.
>>
>>430763
Yeah, I'll 100% be tweaking the letters-over-the-flag bit and changing the font
>>
>>430718
In my opinion the text you used is so thin that it makes it hard to read, I’d use a big bold text. I think it would make pop more.

>>430720
I REALLY don’t like the leopard print it looks super tacky. It would look a lot better if it was just black text. That’s just my opinion, I prefer simplistic designs.
>>
File: usa-propaganda.png (55 KB, 1000x1000)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>430718
>>430720
go off from something more like this. and please for fuck's sake watch an intro to design
>>
File: cia-usa.png (1.02 MB, 1000x1000)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>430718
>>430720
maybe cia redesign is more your style
>>
>>430718
>>430720
you'd be better giving BJs for cash because these are shite
>>
>>430730
take ya underage girls and fuck off back to /ic/
>>
File: WomenInTheir30s.jpg (317 KB, 2560x1869)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
>>430798
>t. seething hag
>>
Very much so surprised my thread is still up. Whenever I make a new design, I'll toss it here to get reviewed. Thank you, An-Nons
>>
>>430763
Imagine larping as a red-blooded American while blatantly disregarding US flag code by overlaying crosses and guns over it
> The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature
>>
File: chess king design.png (135 KB, 1800x1800)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
Here's something I made a while back. I'm considering changing KING into something else. Thoughts?
>>
Make the text legible and combine elements that may have meaning alone but have greater meaning together than the addition of their parts separately. An American flag with the somewhat illegible words Protect and Serve and _more_ stars doesn't make sense. Want to attract the eye? Experiment A LOT with design and maybe check out other people's work to get ideas. I don't suggest stealing ideas, but understanding and appreciating good design is key to your own creativity within it, I think, or it could be. Don't just combine the US flag and those words. Anyone can do that. Take this seriously whilst also being playful. Guns and the American flag have been used to the point of complete absurdity, so unless you have a new and interesting take on them, don't bother. Also, the flag and those words really don't mean anything and if you're trying to cater to those supporting the police, maybe evoke some important idea, something both specific and open to interpretation. You need IDEAS and you need ATTENTION TO DETAIL. The work you do to come up with an impactful design may result in something that looks simple and easy, but something should be behind it, whether it's your own experience and perspective or you've taken the time to do research on a topic or learn a lot more about design. Please don't quit your means of earning a living if you're not experienced and ready making a living with your new endeavour, especially if it's not necessary. Maybe shift from full to part-time. And, like Linus Torvalds' father told him, be _proud_ of what you do. This all being said, I don't think based on what I've heard of American police that supporting them in such a basic way is wise. If you're going to cater to the biased, that is, police that have been accused by many of unjustly killing people, and disproprotionately black people, maybe get to know why they feel the way they do. You may have to show what they themselves fail to articulate.
>>
>>432237
Thank you for the criticism. How do you feel about my most recent design? I'm thinking about replacing KING with CHESS or something like that.

Also, please consider Reddit spacing...
>>
>>430718
Its ok but over what tshirt color?
>>
>>432429
I haven't decided. I would say:
White
Blue
Red
>>
>>432606
or Black
>>
>>430720
Pretty awful. Did you make this in CoD emblem creator? Anyways, I would just change the colors depending on the shirt color. Make em just solid or maybe monochrome gradient? Doesn't really matter, if you market yourself good enough, you can make any NRA/Republicuck buy any ugly design trust me.
>>432227
There's a tiny white space on the left side of the picture in one of the black squares. I'd make the rook on the top right have a thicker white outline. Not really sure what the target audience would be for this however.
>>
>>430718
Your text and design conflict here. Look at it after taking a few steps back. I would recommend going white and using an thicker outline. The Times New Roman font fells a bit default-ish, here's some fonts to mess with.
https://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=114

>>430720
This is more legible but the tiger camo, primary coloring and misaligned text make your first design a better fit.

>>432227
The rook is almost invisible at a distance, I would thicken the outline to the white queens dimensions. Also eliminating the fill seams on the black king. I would suggest referencing a checkmate on the board and in the lettering below.

>>432606
On shirt color:
Remember to keep your designs balanced. Dark designs work well on light shirts, light designs work on dark shirts. Most of your fonts above use black text, so I would recommend putting them on pastel colored shirts or just plain white.
>>
Why do republicans have such bad taste?
>>
>>430718
The text is almost impossible to see over the flag.

>>430720
This is better but the colors are off-putting. And what's up with the leopard print? The theming feels all over the place.
>>
>>430718
do not quit your day job lol

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.