[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 47 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: petr3.webm (376 KB, 368x350)
376 KB
376 KB WEBM
Hello there.

I would like to make a petrification effect on After Effects. Vid related is my "proof of concept".

Basically, I'd like to make the person start to move slower and slower, and then make the last 2-3 moves abrupt, until they completely stop.

How would you make this in After Effects? I'd add particle effects and all that jazz later, but I want to know the best initial approach. I can make a decent petrification effect in Photoshop, but I can't do 3D modeling.

Also, any other ideas on how to make it are welcome. And any examples are welcome too, of course.

Let's begin!
>>
She petrified my dick if you know what I mean.
>>
>>425006
That doesn't really help...
>>
Look up time remapping.
Good luck with your autistic fetish project.
>>
>>425071
Thanks for the advice!

What would you use for a part-by-part petrification? Like arm, chest, face in big sudden chunks, during movement, with fixed camera.
>>
>>424995
Lmao this reminds me of an old thread on here where this guy was trying to turn women into statues...

wait are you that guy again??
>>
>>425096
That thread was a classic, it was on for a year and a half! Unfortunately, I'm not the same guy, I'm just interested in the effect out of curiosity, because most of the petrifications I see on big media are shit (bad transition, shitty final statues that don't look like the original person at all...) and I want to try if I (or we) can come up with something better. It's just a technical challenge I think I can take on.

Any ideas?
>>
>>425113
I'm completely inexperienced in video editing but what I'd probably do is cut out the person from the background, try to add some background back where the person was so I can mofidy the speed of the person and the background indepedently, then I'd just slow the person down, desaturate and maybe add a few textures with fancy masks to make the petrification believable.
>>
>>424995
one thing you'll want to consider is you're at the mercy of the source material's framerate. If it's 30 fps and you're rendering at 30 fps, any time you slow down it may look choppy. I'm not experienced with AE, so I don't know if there's some sort of plugin or add-on or something that "creates" frames to simulate a higher framerate. worth considering anyways
Also please give source on the tits
>>
>>424995
NICE TITS
>>
>>425135
>>425323
Tits source: Anna Simón, appears on Spanish TV. You have plenty of GIFs with her and a big cleavage.
>>
this is 10000% the statue autist
>>
You've piqued my interest.
>>
>>425423
Statue autist here (can post proof, but later today, I'm at work). I'm not OP. I'm just into Photoshop. I thought about video editing, but it's more complicated, more time consuming, and it made me be addicted to Instagram, in order to download in time all the temporal Stories videos of the girls I liked. That addiction almost caused me problems IRL, so I removed that idea completely from my mind (despite my fetish, I'm a productive and functioning member of society, with a good job, girlfriend, loving family and all). Think of me like Dexter, but with a "Stone passenger" instead of the "Dark passenger", and no psychopathy, lol.
>>
Just use a stone filter, duh...
>>
>>425079
Masks and duplicate layers but it's gonna be a pain in the ass making it line up. Maybe look into rigging.
Do you make any money out of this niche fetish or it's for your personal pleasure?
>>
>>425720
Thanks for the advice!

To answer your question, it's 90% cool technical challenge, 10% weird sexyness. No money is involved.
>>
>>425071
This is basic for the kind of effect you want.
>>
>>424995
heh, with Tiktok you should have plenty of videos of hot women with fixed camera
>>
>>426111
Videos of hot underage women... No, thanks.
>>
this reeks of severe autism
>>
>>424995
what kinda coomer shit is this?
>>
>>426111
Best advice ITT.
>>
>>424995
You're making it way more complicated than it is. You rotoscope the figure and then you can do whatever the fuck you want to the subject. The tricky part is what you're doing for the background. Normally you have a shot of the background without any subjects so you can have a clean slate. That's usually why you green/blue screen the subject and put them into said scene.
>>
>>426327
Thanks for your input. With a good rotoscope, I can change the background without problems, so that's not an issue. My question is what to do with the rotoscoped figure. Any ideas on that?
>>
>>426363
it's simple, you turn them into stone using AE :-)
>>
Question: Would 3D modeling help with this? How?
>>
>>424995
based statuefag back at it, good luck with your fetish, bro
>>
>>424995
based fellow asfr fetish autist
>>
One question, wouldn't it be better to just use a prop and transition into it?
>>
>>425576
>and no psychopathy
You sure?
>>
>>426909
Statuefag here. Yep, I wouldn't even want to do freeze roleplay IRL. This is just a side entertainment for me.
>>
>>426951
seek help you psycho cunt
>>
How would you apply this effect if you didn't have a good still shot (I mean, on a high mobility video in which most of the frames were blurry)?
>>
>>424995
I think it's easier to pay some thirdworlder $30 and have them make it for you.
>>
>>424995
You'll want to do some frame interpolation so the slowed down frames don't look out of place compared to the frame rate of the rest of the video. Probably going to require you to cut your video into several clips and match your frame interpolation to match the decrease in speed.

>>426991
You wouldn't. You're limited by your source material. You can't remove motion blur in post, even with AI generated interpolated frames the new in-between frames are going to look blurry.
>>
>>427192
Thank you for your knowledgeable input!
>>
>>424995
What else do you want to add to your gif, OP? It looks serviceable enough.
>>
>>427305
Everything can be taken to the next level. I want to find out how.
>>
bump for fellow petrifaction enthusiast
>>
Do you think this would be achievable with different software, instead of After Effects?
>>
bump for interest
>>
I'm wondering how Dall E 2 and other neural networks would generate this kind of petrification images.
>>
>>424995
I want you fucking dead
>>
>>429433
cope
>>
>>429433
Are you afraid of tits?
>>
Now this is an interesting, well-formulated thread. Of course, that means it will be derailed soon.
>>
Any advance in this?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.