[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1920px-Flag_of_FIAV.svg.png (79 KB, 1920x1280)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Favorite flag or banner (fictional or IRL), your own designs - Hell, go all-out autistic and the describe the country you imagined for it, if you did.
>>
>>423639
This was my attempt at redesigning the Union Jack to include Wales as well (using the flag of Saint David instead of the red dragon).
>>
File: Great Britain texture.png (723 KB, 1134x709)
723 KB
723 KB PNG
>>423639
Great Britain
>>
File: France texture.png (894 KB, 1134x709)
894 KB
894 KB PNG
>>423640
France
>>
File: Germany texture.png (574 KB, 1134x709)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
Germany
>>
File: Italy texture.png (677 KB, 1134x709)
677 KB
677 KB PNG
>>423644
Italy
>>
File: Iberia texture.png (762 KB, 1134x709)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
>>423646
Iberia
>>
File: Greece texture.png (924 KB, 1134x709)
924 KB
924 KB PNG
>>423647
Greece
>>
File: Scandinavia texture.png (927 KB, 1134x709)
927 KB
927 KB PNG
>>423648
Scandinavia
>>
File: Yugoslavia texture.png (847 KB, 1134x709)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
>>423651
Yugoslavia
>>
>>423648
Why is Italy's symbol the Wolfsangel?
>>
File: awoo.png (506 KB, 850x850)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>423653
>>
>>423644
>>423646
>>423647
>>423648
>>423649
>>423650
>>423651
>>423652
These fucking suck
>>
>>423669
I assume this is more your taste?
>>
File: European Empire.png (36 KB, 1134x709)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>423639
>>
>>423654
OK, that makes sense now.
>>
File: Serapsis modern.png (27 KB, 1920x1011)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Decided to do modern version the Serapsis flag, this one emphasizing on the "Red, White and Blue" order.
>>
File: Serapsis modern V2.png (27 KB, 1920x1011)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>423698
And another, emphasizing on the "Alternating" part.
Looks kinda like a parade flag.
>>
>>423649
Wouldn't Iberia use the Labarum instead of the Basque cross?
>>
File: United Korea flag.png (44 KB, 2418x1276)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
Here's my version for a United Korean flag.
>>
File: 4chan.png (26 KB, 785x826)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
IF anyone were to design a flag for 4Chan, this is what they would have to work with.
>>
>>423717
I tried making something that wasn't just the Kekistan Flag. I also changed the colors to be more flag-like
>>
>>423737
Here's one with a larger Fess if the Bulb in the middle is a turn-off
>>
File: 4chan.png (49 KB, 1134x709)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>423717
>>423737
>>423738
>>
File: 4chant.png (595 KB, 1134x709)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
>>423740
>>
>>423717
This >>423740 is pretty much the winner. Play with the colours slightly, but that's about it. Its literally just the sites logo but is a very solid one. Simple but appealing.

It was asked in the /trash/ thread, I assume it was you, but what I said about board flags i might as well say here.
For some boards its easy because they have obvious themes, but for others like /b/ and /trash/, there's a lot more diversity that tis hard to have it represented in a flag that isn't overly complicated
Compare to the board mascots, which are a lot easier to personify as characters.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Board-tans
>>
File: file.png (633 KB, 1918x927)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
/trash/ is fast and the thread there >>43971526 is dying so will post some of my original stuff here instead I guess. Most are lame so feedback and pointers are appreciated if you care/are interested -w-

I know some are a bit complex, but I prefer meaning and..."uniqueness" over boring tricolours where possible, not that i don't appreciate simpler ones when possible.

Will just post these as screenshots so i don't spam the thread with them, will post some of the finished ones that have lore written up later on since the OP said its okay -w-

Also most of these are just ms paint sketches to quickly test ideas and colours. I do the final stuff in a propor program.
>>
File: Sov.png (9 KB, 1920x960)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>423696
>European_Empire.png
Call me when you last longer than a decade
>>
>>423696
>>423760
Perhaps this would be more to your likings mein chancellors?
>>
>>423762
Not gonna lie, that looks more like a kid really poorly drew the stars than razor wire.
>>
File: file.png (466 KB, 1712x828)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
Oh and have the current world map for those curious what countries are which -w-
https://www.deviantart.com/ashleyblackwater/art/2088-WorldMap-WIP-02-5-Yerosha-and-more-901045371

Waaaaaaaaaaay to big to upload here ;w;

>>423763
Agreed, there are better ways to draw razor wire, but in all fairness they're supposed to be a mockery of the stars there at least
>>
File: флаг.jpg (203 KB, 1919x1357)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (301 KB, 1731x760)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>423764
>>
File: 551px-RammXXILogo.png (124 KB, 551x599)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>423764
Personally, I'd use the "crown of thorns" from Rammstein's XXI album to symbolize a more militant EU.
Just complete it so it's not broken up by the star and the lettering on the bottom (or replace the "XXI" with a stylized "EVROPA"), and then slap it on a dark blue flag and give it a gold color (or a black flag and give it a silver color, if you want to be even more on the nose).
>>
File: European Empire.png (37 KB, 1134x709)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>423760
>>423762
>>423777
>>
>>423778
Yeah, that could work!
>>
File: Imperial Youth Flag.png (103 KB, 1134x709)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>423639
>>
File: file.png (518 KB, 1727x743)
518 KB
518 KB PNG
>>423776

>>423777
Yeah that could work to
Or just like, use better looking symbolism for the wire. Thorns might not come across the same way
>>
>>423809
Well, I didn't wanna use it as an analogue for barbed wire, but rather, as the crown of thorns that Jesus was forced to wear. Plus, with it being constructed from two interlocking pentagons, it makes for a much more clear, symmetric shape.
>>
File: file.png (352 KB, 1733x851)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>423809

>>423815
Ahh I see your meaning now. I guess that works better, tho i'm not sure the layman would get the meaning as well. I guess it has a differn't meaning to the barbed wire to a degree tho.
Is good tho
>>
File: homo islamic synthesis.jpg (62 KB, 1200x1200)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (476 KB, 1720x708)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
>>423840
>>
File: ScravaleFlagAlt01.png (167 KB, 6024x3425)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>423764
Scravale:
Scravale is a mountainous country located to the far east of the Yerosian continent. It is an extremely isolationist country with a closed boarder, defended by the thick Lagon ("Laganon", long strips, of pasta") mountain range to its North/West. Despite its small size, it has a large population. This is due to asmall area of land in the south that has somehow been kept temperate, unaffected by the cold weather that affects most of the planet. This has allowed them to produce far more food than they otherwise would, and as such, has made them into a rich country. Their interaction with the outside word is mainly via the SEA NOMADS, their only trade partner, who mainly buy their food surplus.

I have other versions of this flag, but I think the 4 spears works better than 8 of them, keeps it from looking like 40k's star of chaos a bit to.
>>
>>423901
Brant, Danika, Dharya, Guzaristan, Jodando, and Skalga all have awesome flags.
>>
>>423972
Thanks, I'm really glad with how Brant turned out :)
Wanted something that showed it was somehow affiliated with what was effectively the UK in my setting, but I chose to take the country out of the setting in an attempt to avoid bias on my part. But then ended up adding in Brant because I had what I thought was a neat idea for them as a sort of government in exile/flight, and subsequently a much smaller power on the world stage.
>>
>>423972
>>424009
The Dharyan flag i'm still not 100% on. Its effectively an equivalent to Pakistan & India, united against a common enemy that has taken over most of their country (the giant dead zone on the map). So you have the colours of both countries flags on either side, and then the middle representing the dead zone, and the blue lines representing the tributaries that run through the country, which in lore i'm thinking are equivalent to the Ganges and so are somewhat important as a sacred waterway (in addition to being, well, water..)
I think i'm going to come up with some national emblems for the countries, and have those on either side of the flag, probably some old world religious symbols when I've come up with those or something?
>>
File: DanikaFlagCONCEPT03.png (80 KB, 1920x1080)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
Danika:
A small Kingdom in at the bottom of Northern Yeroshia. Being small and not all that powerful in their homeland, they are a major driving force in supporting the small allied nation of Niebo (Along with neighbouring Brant) on the otherwise hostile Katarcan continent, clinging to their memories of their colonial Empires of old.
They are notable for preexisting high agriculture facilities before 2088, allowing them to punch well above their weight in the field. Additionally, they possess a strong but small self defence force in their homeland, and a skilled mercenary force forged in the Katarcan conflicts that they now export all over Yeroshia, and to Niebo, Phaross, and Samson.
They maintain close trade relations and defence pacts with neighbouring Brant, Hagloland, and Skyad, accepting many migrant workers from the latter two in exchange for food supplies and support in the hostile frozen north.

This version of the flag isn't final, I want to change the design of the crown a bit, more of a hybrid between this one that's just straight up taken from an existing flag, and combine it with elements of another crown design to make a more original one, tho I want to keep the angled shape.
>>
File: file.png (102 KB, 1024x682)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
The African Union is pretty nice, as simple and brute force as it is

>>423639
>FIAV flag

>The International Federation of Vexillological Associations (FIAV, French acronym: Fédération internationale des associations vexillologiques) is an international federation[4] of 51 regional, national, and multinational associations and institutions across the globe that study vexillology, which FIAV defines in its constitution as "the creation and development of a body of knowledge about flags of all types, their forms and functions, and of scientific theories and principles based on that knowledge."

>The FIAV flag was initially designed by Klaes Sierksma and slightly modified by the organizing committee of the Second International Congress of Vexillology. The flag was introduced on 3 September 1967. Its description is, "On a blue field, extending horizontally from hoist to fly, two yellow halyards forming two interlaced loops." The knot formed is a sheet bend. The color blue is defined as Pantone Matching System U293 and the color yellow is defined as Pantone Matching System U123. Flags for the three officers were approved in 1999, having been designed by the former FIAV president, William Crampton.

>Symbolism
>The halyard knot represents vexillology, since the halyard knot is often used to raise a flag on a flagpole.
>>
Thoughts on the upcoming African superpower?
>>
File: ZurrautFlag01.png (123 KB, 6024x3425)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>424130
Could be neat if it doesn't end up a chinese puppet.
Flag is pretty meh tho, looks more like a prototype.Could remove the text, laurels, and just go with the central symbol but bigger.

>>424041
- Zurraut:
A semi democratic authoritarian state that keeps its citizens happy and isolationalist, but also allowing itself to be a good host with business friendly laws to attract foreign business that benifit from thier mostly preserved high-technology centre, mainly weaponry and arms and economic tourism (I just have this in my notes, so its a bit like singapore, but in my settings version of Europe, I have this video on Singapores political situation in my notes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkxf4SC_SBk&list=PLqMwu_uvivWuF_j3SWdsQ_J6IbwZDdN3I&index=280 )

Zurraut is an effectively landlocked country, being cut off from the sea by tall mountain ranges to its western boarder. Aside from a few open passes, it is also cut off from the rest of Yerosha by more mountains. These somewhat protected it from the nuclear devastation that hit only its most populated regions in 2088, sparing much of the countryside, and even some bigger cities and towns, preserving its population. Its protection however, similar to Scravale, drove it into an isolationist mindset into the current day. Unlike Scravale (who's only interaction with the outside world is trade with the SEA NOMADS), Zurraut is much more open to trade. They are well known for their high quality goods and services. All of this comes at a cost however. For they are ruled over by a dictatorship with an iron fist.
>>
File: ZurrautFlag02.png (124 KB, 6024x3425)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>424153
Although the country normally practices armed neutrality, the threat of the kreig Hierarchy has resulted in the sending of a small but elite expeditionary force to assist Froke in the South, although these only serve to keep the frontline away from Froke's Northern Pass. Much of the Zurraut mercenary force has also joined the war effort, serving further up the frontline than the regular expeditionary forces, often alongside the Yerosian Empires own Elite units. These Elite units have often been provided early versions of Gen 2 Empire armour to help with unit coherency.
Its military are largely formed of conscripts, with an elite regular army. These are armed with mostly old world stockpiles of Yeroshian pattern military, and new production variants of the old pattern, with some special units having free choice in their equipment. By and large, this means they are mostly equipped with laser rifles, with heavy laser rifles, and laser cannons being common support weaponry in all squads.

The country most does business with Froke, Robal, and Cliat. With a heavily taxed safe trade route and bustling resort and trade city being the only regular connection with the outside world. The country possesses advanced Agriculture facilities everywhere, allowing it to punch well above its small amount of arable land. It hosts one of the central Yeroshian banks.
The former capitol in the North-East is a continuing threat to the country. It is a Dead Zone that only leaks over from the Gloom Belt to the East. Occasional raids from Xombies cause occasional dissent among the population, but it is also used as a propaganda tool to help keep the government in power, with some claiming it is even kept as the status quo for this reason.
The country practices limited slavery, as a punishment for its criminal population, against bandits captured alive who would violate its trade route, and against radical political dissidents.

I also have this version of the flag, I like it more :)
>>
File: EAU-01.png (132 KB, 1200x660)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>424130
>>424153
>Flag is pretty meh tho, looks more like a prototype.Could remove the text, laurels, and just go with the central symbol but bigger.

So like this (but done with the original working vector files so that it doesn't look so bad).
The flag already shows the countries it represents, so there's no need to have the words there atall, they're unreadable at flag distance anyway.
>>
File: EAU-02.png (128 KB, 1200x660)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>424155
And since the outer design of the symbol (a cog?) is already red, you could get rid of it, eliminating the need for a black outline.
I assume the colours are representative of all the flag colours of the countries in the union? if so, this still accomplishes the same goal, especially if red is present on all of them as the most important colour?
>>
File: IvoniaCONCEPT03.png (563 KB, 1920x1080)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
- Ivonia country: Ivonia suffered heavily in 2088, being the one of the first hit by the xombie outbreak outside of the gloom belt, and thus needing harsher countermeasures than surrounding areas.
The lower urban density however meant that unlike the Gloom Belt the country didn't turn into a mess of ruins, but instead the mountainous country's efforts where focused on the main cities where the worst of the outbreaks where. As a result, the damage to the country's population and infrastructure changed their course completely. They acknowledge the change the annihilation of the xombies via nukes had, incorporating its dark aftermath in their flag.
The country has a small agriculture industry based in the areas of the country that aren't mountainous, mostly untouched by the disaster.
The mountainous country has bread many fine mountaineers, leading to any Ivonians serving as mercenaries across the continent and beyond in the more mountainous areas of the Dharyan reclamation campaigns o the Northern Katarcan continent.

Another concept flag, will be redesgining the bird/dragon into some kind of hybrid of the designs to the right.
>>
File: KedovamovFlagCONCEPT.png (31 KB, 2070x1380)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
Kedovamov: Kedovamov is a country in central Yerosha. It boarders Ivonia to its East, Drejkala to its South, and Cliat to its West. It also shares a small boarder to its west with Zurraut. Most importantly, its Northern boarder contains the Gloom Belt.
Kedovamov lost its Bloom Belt territory in 2088, but is now making the best of it, being a major player in salvaging and convoy operations in the belt. The country maintains small farming settlements along its main river, but mainly uses the river to sell salvage up North to Robal, and down South to Drejkala and the SEA NOMADS, who are its biggest trading partners.
The country's biggest settlements, including its capitol are in the North, alongside the Gloom Belt, where. Its second largest settlement serves as the main sea base, and operates convoys to Zurraut, as well as being home to a massive surrounding merchant and tent city, whereas the capitol serves as the jumping off point land based convoys only.

Another concept flag, tho this one is pretty rough. Colours aren't final, and I probably won't finalize this one until I have the rifle designs finished, hence why this one is so rough.
>>
File: red-falangists.png (85 KB, 2000x1000)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
here are some of mine, mostly made for fun.
>>
File: gorani-flag.png (103 KB, 3543x2362)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>424253
>>
File: fiji_redesign.png (58 KB, 1050x525)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>424254
>>
File: all_table.png (53 KB, 2000x1000)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>424255
these are all based on some doodles I did during classes.
>>
>>424256
I do like the Gorani one, but for the others I'd recommend learning a bit about heraldry since the last batch especially looks inspired by heraldic banners lol
>>
File: federation.png (1.84 MB, 2500x2206)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>424257
Oh I also do some heraldry though it's more hacky.
>>
Aziq: Initially a lose group calling themselves the "Chain Gangs", they have since grown into a powerful slave empire based around the plentiful mines at their core that feeds their war efforts, and a strong navy that allows them to protect themselves and project power across the shattered islands. A strong regional power that threatens to take over its weaker neibours, weather by military or political force.
Intel suggests that they are allied with, or atleast have connections to the Kreig Hierarchy, atleast at some point (this may no longer be the case, and that their expansion and success over the last decade is partly owed to this. Their equipment and gear is noted to be of a similar pattern to the Hierarchy, adapted to their production capabilities and stylings, tho their weaponry is mostly "wasteland" style universal patterns with the common troops. (Kreig Helmets, Coats, and cut down medium chestplates, combined with more common armour styles).
Hareeb: Another bandit nation on the continent, calling themselves the ""Barb" tribes". They prey on travellers making their way down the river at the top right, and in their recent history lost a war with their western neighbour Bilad, losing their second largest city across the river from their capitol, and a huge chunk of their slaves.

Got a bunch of versions of this flag colour wise. I think i'm going to go with a black background and white chains, beyond that I'm gonna play around until I find something i'm happy with >>423751

>>424253
I like this one, tho i'm not to sure how well that star would read at flag distance
>>
File: HareebFlagCONCEPT01.png (384 KB, 6024x3425)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
Hareeb: Another bandit nation on the continent, calling themselves the ""Barb" tribes". They prey on travellers making their way down the river at the top right, and in their recent history lost a war with their western neighbour Bilad, losing their second largest city across the river from their capital, and a huge chunk of their slaves.

I like the idea that their flag is a fairly literal map of their territory, with the waterways and Barbs representing their major settlements. Since its a snowy country (like many others in my setting) using so much white on the flag is probably not a great idea as it might blend in to well, so I've also got a version with both sides of the waterways blocked out in blue to give it more contrast, along with more abstract shapes as expecting a more or less feudal country to have satellite accurate depictions of their rivers might be expecting to much, or maybe they use both?
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 1138x201)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Ramza: The Ramza Rivermen prey on travels along the waterways that run through their territory. They maintain an icey but stable relationship with Hareeb to the south, despite pushing into their territory and taking over their north-east settlement a decade ago.

Another feudal bandit nation, so I thought their ships would be more primitive, and o took inspiration from US civil war ironclads for what will probably be their ship designs. Tho with more modern turrets (probably salvaged from tanks and the like) rather than ship cannons. Tho most of their fleet is probably smaller ships more akin to patrol boats and small destroyers, with larger more battleship like ones at chokepoints
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironclad_warship
>>
File: NewUnion.png (71 KB, 1024x1024)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>
File: Palisraestil.png (17 KB, 1160x844)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
I have solved the Israel-Palestine crisis with one flag that everyone can happily agree on
>>
Screwed around with these for a few differn't countries. The colony design of >>424009 and >>424041 I don't think works atall, so i'm thinking I might just go with the shield of brant but with the colours of Danika replacing the gold bits, with the crown topping the shield, and maybe the star either behind it, or worked into the design some other way.

Khiosland I like, but not as a square. It's another minor, to the point that I'm not sure if i'm ever actually going to do much with the country if anything, but with the sand and green colours representing the (now) ice desert, and the green representing its jungle side, and then the stars representing tis settlements, I like the design :)

Ustraki I could maybe keep as a square, it's another minor country so something quick and simple like this I think will work? Tho with a differn't font.

As for the watering hole I think it works? Another geographic flag like Hareeb, but I think its more justified when the entire country exists around a huge lake and the surrounding waterways? Tho i'm unsure of the green as it might blend into the greenery of the mega jungle, like how the white of Hareeb might blend into the snow? Maybe the yellow border will fix that?

>>424370
I really like it, tho i'm not sure if the jews would be happy with what would probably be seen as an islamic corruption of their holy symbol?
>>
>>423639
>Vexicollogy
You mean vexillology?
>>
File: GuzaristanFlagCONCEPT03.png (170 KB, 1920x1080)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
Guzaristan Kingdoms: The Kingdoms of Guzaristan gained independence in 1928, and experienced a century of intermittent war until finally attaining long term peace in 2032, before finally seeing the last of their nation's history of warfare during the third world war, though largely by proxy.
Worn down by war, the kingdoms population and development remained low in the years leading up to the 2088 disaster. And thus where hit by it to a far lesser degree than their densely populated and developed northern neighbour: Dharyan.
Today, the kingdoms continue as a direct continuation of their former states and territories, with flourishing mines and settlements built into the old cave systems originally built for war. Largely unaffected by the major disasters of 2088, the nation exists as a peaceful nation of farmers, merchants, and craftspeople.
Whilst they mostly refuse to send fighters to help with the Dharyan reclamation efforts, small skilled workshops along the border are famous for the wide variety of new and old combat gear, including locally produced copies of otherwise foreign patterns.

Did a version of this with a wheat ouroboros >>423764 , but felt like it overcomplicated the design even more than it already is. Kinda breaking the no text/numbers on flags rule, but since their independence dates I think i can wave it away, along with the non-english numerals giving it some flavor if the Jezail rifles weren't enouth to push it.
>>
File: JodandoFlag02.png (112 KB, 6024x3426)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
Jodando: Being densely populated, they were hit extremely hard by the events of 2088, and so their now much smaller population is now clustered into three large pyramid shaped fort cities, protected from the xombie-infested ruins outside, linked by mostly protected railways, with stations between acting as smaller towns. The centre shape of the flag is split into 3 pieces to represent those main cities. They are a highly technologically developed faction with access to high tech weaponry, agriculture, and robotics, but the odds are stacked against them as they cannot deal with the sheer amount of zombies that surround their cities.
Additionally, they are currently dealing with a rogue robot problem that has taken over one of their countries islands.

Since hexagons feature in the factions imagery, i figured a hexagon would work better than a circular design like >>423776 , along with making it look less like the japanese Naval jack with missing sub rays.
>>
File: HelldrassFlag04.png (885 KB, 6024x3425)
885 KB
885 KB PNG
Helldrass: Already a poor nation before hit even harder by the post-war recessions of the third world war, Helldrass would ultimately have this work in its favour, sparing the majority of its nation from taking part in the transhuman revolution that would soon take the world by storm, and thus had a much smaller xombie outbreak than most of their neighbours. This has also left them prideful of their nations high levels of natural biology, and somewhat prejudiced against modern cyborgs.
Helldrass was even mostly spared the self inflicted armageddon other Yerosian nations went through, with only their capital being targeted, allegedly for "safe measure" by leftover Yakarrian CBRN weaponry. Due to the current status of the Yakarian state, Helldrass has been more than happy to help Phaross in its war efforts, for a price (mainly fishing rights).
The economy of Helldrass recovered on the seas, now full of new life and danger from 2088's CBRN purgation operations. The Helldrassic sailors are famed for their skill as seamen, and their small navy and marine forces are renowned for their prowess.

I know the central statue is a bit complex, but since its another minor country I don't really want to put all the extra effort into just to redraw it. It could probably work as just a solid white mass, with less detail, but I think this still works.
>>
>>424130
>>424155
That UN peacekeeper baby blue is very kino
>>
>>423639
The fact this isn't a knot activates my autism. Thanks asshole.
>>
File: Mars_zastava3.png (23 KB, 1500x1000)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>423639
Martian Republic
Following the escalation of the space race in the 70's and early 80's and a near breakout of war, mars was colonzied as a peaceful scientific mission. The first settlemets were joint US/USSR/EU/Chinese ventures, but they slowly fizzled out by the end of the 80's.
Mars was later colonized by multiple independent parties using the moon as a starting point, mostly corporations, but some national governments. By the 2000's and the fall of the eastern block mars had over 2 million inhabitants, mostly from the former east. In 2001 talks started over uniting Mars as a single unified country to ensure martian independence from earth and by 2007 Mars was united under the Martian republic, a loose federation of mostly independent corporate regions. As mars doesn't have much resources, it quickly became an industrial world with a large, cheap and efficient workforce. Mars is the China of the Sol system.
By 2020 earth was also united under an EU style federation, with the moon being an equal partner, with the belt and mercury being colonized in the 2020-50's. Mars benefits from the demands of earth and the resources brought in from the belt
>>
>>
File: belt.png (52 KB, 1500x1000)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>424675
Confederation of the Belt
After the discovery of the fusion drive in the 2030's the asteroid belt became open to efficient colonization, by that time earth was overpopulated and most people were looking for new prospects, some moved to Mars, but most moved to the newly colonized Belt.
Each planetoid and asteroid was colonized by a different nation, with each having their own unique culture. Some bodies were also colonized by Mars, trying to sieze the resources they need. The belt gained independence by 2050, mostly through peacfull means, though some brokenoff with violence. Though some small bodies remain under UN or Martian control, most of the belt is made of smaller sovereign planetoid or station-states, who have banded into a loose African Union or MERCOSUR federation in order to preserve the interests of the belt.
>>
https://thisflagdoesnotexist.com/
>>
File: 1636325490402.png (291 KB, 762x896)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>424740
lol
>>
File: bitmap.png (101 KB, 1122x748)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
I've made some a few months back
>>
File: FlagaFree2.png (75 KB, 1134x756)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>424747
>>
File: USF_1.png (95 KB, 1124x748)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>424748
>>
File: USF_2.png (43 KB, 793x531)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>424749
>>
File: UMS_flag.png (73 KB, 793x531)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>424750
>>
>>424670
>>424094

>>424675
I like this, what's the circles represent tho? Planets?
might be worth the bigger one being centred

>>424681
This not so much, its just a black EU flag

>>424747
>>424748
These are neat
>>424749
>>424750
These maybe a bit to complex
>>424751
i like the top left symbol and its neat blending of the islamic moon with the socialist stuff, but the Shahada just slapped in the bottom right like that seems kinda meh. Having it maybe wrapped around the socialist symbol would work better, maybe?
>>
>>424762
>I like this, what's the circles represent tho? Planets? might be worth the bigger one being centred
Mars and the moons you fucking nitwit.
No, centered looks terrible when waving
>>
>>424783
I was unaware mars had two moons. For all I know they could have been earth and its moon since they were mentioned to :v

But okay.
>>
>>424785
>>424762
Ok sorry for being a meanie, what would you say a better flag for the Asteroid Belt would look? Needs to keep the same colors, black gold white. The whole EU comparison thing really goes well with the whole idea, but i may be wrong
>>
>>424801
Since its a belt you could go with more of a line or circle. Maybe change the star design so that its not as obviously "EU".
Even if its the EU in space, it should probably look more spacey despite the colours y'know?
Could replace the stars with circles to simplify it and distance it, fuck knows how many to use tho. Like a stars/circles inside the ring to represent the wider belt, and then the stars/circles to represent...member states? asteroid clusters? ect
>>
>>424803
Dislike the whole "spacey" look most scifi things have, i have tries copying the flags of other transnational unions, but it's not like i can put a map of something there, or an image of an asteroid. I was thinking of adding another circle inside, and a multipointed star in the middle, two layers of the belt plus the sun in the center.
I wanted it to look a bit more like the UN, have a bit more complex symbol in the middle, but there just isn't anything i can put
>>
File: Flag_of_Hong_Kong.svg.png (17 KB, 1280x853)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
hk bauhinia has always looked real sexy on a flag
>>
File: file.png (337 KB, 928x627)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>>424826
Yeah the HK flag seams to be one of the most common of peoples "best" flags. Check out the Japanese prefectural flags as well, they tend to be pretty good in the same vein: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_Japanese_prefectures

>>424810
yeah i know what you mean, can be more subtle about it atleast.
>>
>>424851
None of these are disrinct, if the real world was a work of fiction i would be critisizing them for being too clean and looking like the same person made them
>>
>>424851
>yeah i know what you mean, can be more subtle about it atleast.
The flag being black is subtle enough, no sovereign or multinational entity has a black flag as far as i know
>>
>>424854
I imagine you would see more black flags in space from space and asteroid habs

And yeah, it seems to be avoided for the most part
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_flags
>>
>>424851
nigga the jap prefect flags are just pokemon gym badges
>>
the Macau SAR adidas flag is also pretty tight
>>
File: Flag_of_Macau.svg.png (37 KB, 1280x853)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>424861
forgot pic
>>
>>424860
Yeah probably the inspiration, or maybe the japs just have good sense of logo design
>>
>>424851
They do be prepared for their future prefectural space navy
>>
>>424863
agreed. the backgrounds could be less one tone, but the logos are spectacular, hokkaido, miyagi and saitama stand out to me in particular. though I feel this also goes back to early Japanese Shogunate emblems. Always had very clean and sexy designs, and I'm more a fan of them than animals/dragons in Western insignias
>>
>>424888
In regards tot eh colours, in all fairness they do kinda have to try to be unique compared to the other prefectures, and at the same time trying to stick to regional colours. Its probably more preference than anything ;w;
>>
>>424888
Cool but what do any of the symbols actually say about that place.
They lack character
>>
File: Brave and controversial.png (301 KB, 1900x1000)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
Fresh out the image calculator
>>
File: belt zastava2.png (18 KB, 1500x1000)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>424803
This is the best i got
The stars in the center could maybe mean the first member states or something, the two half stars mean the belt is too great to fit on a flag and the white bands are for the inner and outer belt.
but i really like the EU looking flag, it gets the point across really well, both representing the place and idea.
>>
>>424894
idk i ain't a jap. they mean whatever the population in those prefects project onto their national identity
>>
>>424894
read up on the flags, I think Hokaidos is styled after a flower since they have lots of flowers up there or something. Other symbols probably make more sense if you speak nip and they're styled after their alphabet.

>>424905
Yeah, something like that looks better imo. Really tho I think that without actually having better knowledge of the situation with the belt as a "country/union" it might be a bit hard in any case.
>>
>>424928
>without actually having better knowledge of the situation with the belt as a "country/union" it might be a bit hard in any case
Wym
>>
>>424940
I mean alot of shit will depend on the political situation then.
If the belt was colonized entirely by say, our current china, then there's a good chance it could be red.
There's a lot of stuff that can influence flags beyond just their location ya'know?
>>
>>424941
Each asteroid and planetoid was colonized by a different people group, ie one was by the chinese, the other by africans and so on. The only thing they have in common is being in the belt and being colonized by the inner planets
>>
>>424952
Hmmm, I see. I'm thinking maybe the starts could be different colours maybe, to represent each country's original founders, idk just spitballing really. Original flags are hard ;w;
>>
>>424955
The stars and bars design is good, making the stars different colors both looks bad and implies disunity
>>
File: file.png (105 KB, 1000x1080)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>425073
When you have somewhere as large as the asteroid field i'm not sure if total unity is all that realistic, but fair

And I still feel like this style of star works better for the "space" feel I mentioned here >>424810
The style isn't really used on any flags that I can think of (at least not major country ones)
>>
File: Rebel_flag2.png (45 KB, 2000x1000)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>425083
4 pointed star is already a symbol of another place, Terra Nova the largest extrasolar human colony and the only one with actual life on its planet. 5 pointed star represents the sol system.The whole 4 pointed star thing really comes from hubble because of its unique lens, so it works way better as the symbol of another sun.
>>
File: xos719oc7awz.png (9 KB, 1137x708)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>425083
Also implying disunity in any fedration, no matter how disunited it actually is, is always a bad idea. The whole EU rainbow flag thing comes to mind
>>
File: file.png (74 KB, 1024x1024)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>425098
Ah I see. I mean tb.h its space, and even on earth stars are already a common natural symbol, so i'm not sure if its all that bad for it to crop up elsewhere, unless its a specific star or something.

>>425099
That flag is terrible for other reasons, you can do multi colored stuff by exercising restraint.
Pic related, South africa, and the Olympic flag are all examples of how to represent all without resulting in an ugly thing like that rainbow.
The rainbow could even be redesigned to not be shit to
>>
File: Pallas5.png (23 KB, 1500x1000)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>425101
South africa is a mistake, a country of compromise. Their flag absolutely _had_ to represent their disunity otherwise nobody would accept it.
The belt has to compete with the inner planets, which are far bigger and more united than it, so having a single unifying flag helps with that.
I do use different star designs for minor states, pic rel is pallas, but the major sol system factions all use 5 pointed stars, if they even use stars.
>>
File: file.png (431 KB, 1919x760)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
Noticed that a lot of flags in our world have religious symbology on them (Nordic cross, the Islamic Star and Crescent, ect) so decided to come up with a bunch of old-world religious symbols for my setting. With the idea that I could use them on flags of more minor nations to make them look more interesting without having to spend too much time on them, as well as to connect some regions a bit more.
Religion in 2088 has pretty much abandoned these (hence them being old-world), but I figure many nations would still keep using the symbols, even with the belief dead/diminished.

I like how they've came out, and think I've met my goals for this little side project pretty well :)

Colours are random, no actual significance, just to make them stand out better compared to just being black lines on a white background

Full file is a hair over the 10,000x10,000 size limit, so full size here for anyone that wants to zoom in for whatever reason
https://www.deviantart.com/ashleyblackwater/art/2088-Old-World-Religious-Symbols-904281393

>>425102
Political shit aside since this isn't the board for it, the SA flag is widely agreed to be good. I don't see how representing everyone implies disunity atall?

I do like the idea of having specific star designs for specific systems tho, points for that :)
>>
>>424675
This one is catchy
>>
File: Mars_zastava1.2.png (215 KB, 1500x1000)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>425141
Never said SA's flag was bad, just that it has a clear meaning of "we are many different peoples lumped into one"
A flag is supposed to tell the story of a place, you're meant to tell what a country is like just by its flag, be through intentional symbolism or unintentional symbolism. The EU flag for example doesn't have multiple colors, just 12 stars. It doesn't need to compromise so everyone can be happy, some places do, however.
>>425098 the colors on this flag have a double meaning
>red for the communist rural faction, but also the blood spilled for the freedom of the exoplanet
>black for the anarchist urban faction, but also the void that spans between the planets of their system.
>green for the islamist void dwelling faction, but also the lush untouched greens of Terra Nova

This is an alternate idea i had for Mars, it gets the whole "failed state" point across well, but on the other hand >>424675 is already so perfect. My idea was first pic is a civil flag, the thing most martians will asociate with mars, while pic rel is an official ensign of sorts.
>>
>>425210
"we are many different peoples lumped into one" doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing

In any case, your lore sounds pretty cool dude. Is this for a wider setting or something?

Wreaths are kinda cliche, but I like the oval design you've got going on there. Not so sure about the text tho. The planet photofiltered like that looks decent, might be worth defining or changing the level of detail so it looks less photorealistic, unless that's the goal, te bottom LOD doesn't seem to match the top all that much, but i'm nit-picking
>>
>>423644
>>423646
>>423647
>>423648
>>423649
>>423650
>>423651
>>423652
>>423741
Could you make one for Hungary?
>>
>>425211
Never said that was a bad thing, just that it's not for the Belt.

Couldn't really get the filter to make Mars look right, one side had to lose detail.
Don't get what you mean about the text, tho. Is it just "text on flag bad" or is the slogan just too on the nose?

It's something that keeps md occupied and creative, i was thinking about learning how to code for Source and maybe make some kind of mod or something, but that's a bit far from now. It's set on Terra Nova in the 2370's, with the point being one team is on the side of the UN and are meant to keep a VIP alive, while the other team is 1 or 2 heavily armed terrorists who need to kill all VIP's. My unique spin on this was that every single UN player is a vip on spawn, be it some official or even just a guard, but each VIP is worth different points. After a VIP dies there is a set time when he will respawn as a marine, who isn't worth points but is very heavily armed and has to protect the remaining VIP's. Basically the terrorists get to pounce on the UN guys at first, but if they fail to kill enough on time, or don't value their kills right (ie prioritizing guards to make their strenght a little less than it could be later or focusing in the higher value shit so they get a bigger score sooner) they have to deal with much stronger enemies.
Was also thinking about some in the middle of the game evac shit so the UN guys aren't just defending the whole time
>>
File: PlaceholderFlag01.png (172 KB, 6024x3425)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>425214
Can sometimes get better results on the cutout filter (or is it posterize?) by carefully cutting the shape up so you can filter the sections with more detail, then blend them together. Depends on the thing.

The slogan itself sounds fine to me, am I missing something? But yeah its just text on flag bad is all, at least when not justified.
maybe the no text on flag rule matters less in space than it does on earth.

Sounds like a neat idea for a game/gamemode to, hope you can get that figured out at some point :D

>>425141
Felt the need to convince myself that I didn't waste time with those symbols so made some proof of concepts, pic related is just a placeholder for wherever I decide it fits, and the rest I already have ideas for which countries to assign them to.
These took a fraction of the time it normally takes me, so I think its safe to call the modular religious symbols a huge success, not even counting any future flags I use the symbols in :D
>>
File: GarakuFlag01.png (129 KB, 6024x3425)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>425286
>>
>>425287
>>
File: DharyanFlag02.png (271 KB, 6023x3425)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
Figured I would strike whilst the iron was hot and pumped out some others
Pic related was like 70% done and just needed the symbols before it could be finalized, so can finally move it out of the WIP's folder
>>
File: KhoisLandFlag01.png (136 KB, 6024x3425)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
Learned how to draw perfect stars in my drawing program, so got this one done to.
Would have prefered to her the stars perfectly aligned, or even tilted so that the line went along through the tips a bit more like the concept >>424384
, but the program can be a royal pain in the ass, so the effort isn't worth it for such a minor country ;w;
>>
File: UstrakiFlag01.png (157 KB, 6024x3425)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>425290
So...6 flags in one working day + variants, + the religious symbols
Quite proud of myself, normally a single flag will take me like a day (granted I normally put more thought and effort into them, but still, lots of stuff crossed off the list :)
>>
>>423770
>Black and green
Ive always loved this colour combination
>>
File: unknown-9.png (41 KB, 1076x578)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>423639
Thoughts? I threw this together for fun on powerpoint. How would you guys improve it?
>>
File: UstrakiFlag02.png (140 KB, 6024x3425)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>425313
Looks pretty good for a powerpoint drawing of all things.
Without really knowing what exactly its supposed to represent (real country or fictional?) I can't say much.
I'd maybe equalize the spacing on the white stripes at the top and bottom, unless there's a reason for their unevenness.
The blue and white might blend together at flag size at a distance tho, could maybe just do one line to lessen that effect
>>
>>425327
Thanks! And my bad, I should have specified that its a redraw of the north korean flag. Its just the north korean naval jack (pic related) with the juche symbol instead of the star.
Ill learn photoshop eventually but for now I just felt like fucking around
And thats a good idea, ill try lessening the number of lines
>>
>>425292
>>425290
>>425288
>>425286
I can't be bothered to (you) all of your posts sorry.
Maybe i just don't get what these flags mean and they would make sense with context, but they lack spirit, they look too clean and simple. They also look too similar, like the same person made them (i know "no shit" but you get what i mean), like all of these places belong to the same group in some way. Can't really imagine someone being proud behind these flags. You should look for ideas and inspiration in actual flags, bad ones, good ones and the inbetween ones especially. You don't have to copy exactly, but small look at small details. Don't shy away from text on flags or coats of arms, you make your world feel authentic by making if imperfect, ofcourse be reasonable with the flaws, but also keep in my some real places have just terrible flags. Most peoples are not perfect, and most flags weren't designed by good artists, rule of thumb is: the bigger and more important a place, the cleaner the flag. Sometimes a big place will have a shit flag, and sometimes a small place will have a perfect flag.
>>
>>425333
Forgot to add but picrel is an actual historic flag of new mexico.
Also sometimes flags will look similar out of sheer coincidence, but try to keep places that are close together, but not culturally similar, having different flags
>>
>>425333
I don't know if real flags being shit is an excuse to make bad flags, intentional or not.
>>
>>425335
But making perfect flags is the wrong way to go
>>
File: Disunited States.png (754 KB, 3168x3906)
754 KB
754 KB PNG
Good to see this thread is still active.
Anyways, never let me near a blank map of the United States ever again.
>>
File: thesedisunitedstates.png (1.06 MB, 5784x3904)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>425342
>>
Sorry but may i link to my request thread
>>>/wsr/1147735
>>
File: SkalgaFlag-01.png (114 KB, 6024x3425)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>425330
Ahh I see. I guess it looks okay, tho I can't say i know enouth about Nork to say if it's much better than their current one tho.

And for what its worth photoshop isn't best for flag stuff. It's doable sure, but illustrator has better tools for it.
If your just bashing stuff together, especially if it's just using premade shapes, then PS is fine.

I use an old cad program called Techsoft 2d design, wouldn't recommend that tho. And even then i hop into photoshop for details that are to to fiddly for 2D Design.

>>425333
I think I get what you mean, at least on some level. Gonna do some flags that aren't great eventually, got 50+ countries on the map >>423764 so should inevitably end up with some bad ones, even by mistake. Not to fond of these two >>424340 >>424360 but I think they work despite not looking great, for minors anyway.
>>425335
But yeah also this at the same time.
If anything, I think it's more that most flags irl are simple tricolours, sometimes with cantons, and rarely something completely original/unique. Flags like Hong Kong stand out because they're unique whilst actually looking good.
I'm only trying to make flags that look good and at least somewhat unique.
many countries in my setting are espys/equivalents for countries in our world (my setting is just an alt world thing), I usually look at that country's history, flag design, national symbols, and so on when coming up with them. If i have a more original idea or something that

>>425336
Most of the countries I've made flags for so far are big and "important" or atleast minors that I have ideas for

>>425345
Idk what you mean by 3x5, give me a photoshop resolution and I can take a whack at it
Is just slapping a photoshop posterise filter on the girl enouth? Like the planet in >>425210 has
I can't redraw the girl from scratch. If you want it drawn >>>1147740 then you are better doing it yourself and learning basic photoshop or something
>>
>>425346
>>425345
3:5 is the proportion, the image is 1800px wide so 3000x1800 would be the minimum resolution
I just want some way for the art, or at least the outline of the girl to be preserved while the rest of the image covers the whole canvas
>>
File: file.png (1.09 MB, 1484x893)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>425352
Ok, give me a bit
Its big enouth that the image fills a good chunk of the size, but not to sure about the explision background, will see what i can do with content aware to get to it cover the whole thing.

I assume you don't just want it stretched like this?
>>
>>425353
No
>>
File: file.png (971 KB, 1406x843)
971 KB
971 KB PNG
>>425354
Do you want the text along the bottom or top, and what colour, and what colour outline?
Half done, separate the background from the girl and stretched that, but will keep the girl unstretched if thats okay?
>>
>>425355
yes having the girl unstretched was what I was looking for
can you put the text "the right of the people to keep and bear arms," on the top "shall not be infringed." on the bottom, perhaps with bold or italics
for color, font, outline, etc i have no clue, do what you think looks best but it should be clearly legible
Also try doing it with the text behind and in front of the girl to see what looks better
>>
File: file.png (3.67 MB, 3000x1800)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB PNG
>>425356
Hows this?
Gonna made a few with her bigger
>>
File: file.png (3.68 MB, 3000x1800)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB PNG
>>425359
wait no she wasn't centred, whoops
>>
File: file.png (3.73 MB, 3000x1800)
3.73 MB
3.73 MB PNG
>>425360
little bigger
>>
File: file.png (3.79 MB, 3000x1800)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB PNG
>>425361
Last one

Is this okay?
Will upload the .psd if you wanna make small changes yourself
>>
>>425362
This looks amazing, thank you kindly anon. If you could upload the .psd that would be great since I'm probably going to fiddle with the font size and stuff until it gets to where I want it
What would you like for me to draw for you?
>>
>>425363
Here you go.
https://ufile.io/ool002vv
Will stay up there for 30 days before it auto deletes to grab it asap

You planning on printing this on a flag or something? I set the res to 300, but you might want to crank it up depending on how it quality is vs what size you want if that's the case, using waifu2x again might be a good idea.
Id recommend tidying up the outline where the content aware filled in the space behind her, lots of noticeable artifacts of that, easy to just brush over them with the colour next to it, or with the spot healing tool

And no drawing needed, not much that I can really think of anyway ;w;
Go delete the thread in /r/ or mention that its been done on the off chance another anon spends time on it tho ;w;
>>
File: SkyadFlag-05.png (163 KB, 6024x3424)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
Another one off the list, this time one based off the Northern lights, and Skyad's religious link with them. Not entirely happy with it, but it is what it is.
Made a bunch of versions to figure out what works best, but thicker waves/lines seam to read better at a small size/distance

>>425342
>>425343
Neat :D
>>
>>425368 #
You didn't really catch what i mean.
I don't mean make bad flags intentionally, what i meant was try and think through the perspective of someone living in that place.
Is the place populated primaraly by low skilled workers or peasants? Is there an aristocratic ruling class? Is it.a diverse country? Is it a rich country? Is everyone equal?
Also the ""rules"" of flagmaking that come from the reddit are real stupid and vague, the only rule that matters is
>has a real flag at some point already done this?
Copying the real mistakes or perfections of real flags will make your place feel a bit more authentic, deviating from them makes them feel less authentic.
The flag you posted has potential, maybe make it a tricolour, bottom color for the ground, middle black for the sky and top some shiny color for the aurora.
>>
>>425368
Original idea was to be more like pic related, but I couldn't get the program to work with me on it ;-;

Kinda looks like this other one someone else came up with

>>425371
Its a post (postish) apoc scfi setting, with many flags being holdovers from what the country had before, with a decent amount of new ones in the mix from "new" countries.
I don't think the rules are that vague when the vast majority of flags abide by them, and those that break them usually tend to look shit, or fail as flags.
I'm honestly done with this flag tb.h. I might revisit it at some point if i feel like giving it another shot, but getting all the lines and spacing right is kinda a pain in the ass that's annoying me more than it should for the time being ;w;
>>
File: Hungary texture.png (518 KB, 1134x709)
518 KB
518 KB PNG
>>425212
>>
>>425372
Your flags are too clean for a post apocalyptic setting.
Think about it, people have to survive, nobody has illustrator or whatever, they have their hands and their people smarts.
Your flags look more like medieval fantasy things
>>
File: IvoniaFlag-04.png (174 KB, 6024x3425)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
Decided to go all in and get another one done today. Enjoyed making this one a lot more than >>425368
Was worried the nuke detail might be a pain in the ass from how I did it in the concept >>423776 , but turned out to be more simple in the end :D

"Ivonia suffered heavily in 2088, being the one of the first hit by the xombie outbreak outside of the gloom belt, and thus needing harsher countermeasures than surrounding areas.
The lower urban density however meant that unlike the Gloom Belt the country didn't turn into a mess of ruins, but instead the mountainous country's efforts where focused on the main cities where the worst of the outbreaks where. As a result, the damage to the country's population and infrastructure changed their course completely. They acknowledge the massive change the annihilation of the xombies had, incorporating its dark aftermath in their flag.
The country has a small agriculture industry based in the areas of the country that aren't to mountainous, mostly untouched by the disaster.
The mountainous country has bread many fine mountaineers, leading to many Ivonians serving as mercenaries across the continent, and beyond in the more mountainous areas of the Dharyan reclamation campaigns in North Katarca."

>>425392
Its semi post post apocalypse scifi
Some areas are still post apoc, but there's been internet and open software piracy since day zero. Entire armiys are using laser weaponry, and the world has recovered enouth to be at the world war level of the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945), which in this case is the 4th world war, in about 2160ish

Think less fallout, and more a sci fi Sound of the Sky.

These are clean designs sure, but after being translated to actual flags, hand sewn, or maybe even printed onto whatever cloth is laying around, yeah they would look worse.
But I just find it easier to make the clean ver since it can allows be
>>
File: file.png (44 KB, 1153x190)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>425398
Made a few, but I think this one >>425398 works the best
>>
>>425346
Ah alright. I guess ill just stick with whatever I have plus gimp since I dont do much graphic design anyways despite being on a graphic design board kek
>>
File: AdobeAlternatives1.jpg (174 KB, 828x1388)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>425403
Skills tend to transfer between the major graphics programs anway tb.h
If you can lean gimp you can learn photoshop with easy, same goes for clip studio to, and others
>>
File: Union of Columbia map.png (1.33 MB, 3470x4832)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>425342
>>425343
>>425368
Ooops I did it again...
>>
>>425382
Thank you!
Although, I would've used the Cross of Loraine instead of the Cross Barbée.
>>
>>425406
:-D
I would perhaps recommend putting these up somewhere like deviantArt, lots of little communities there that do stuff like this that would probably get a kick out of it
>>
File: Ba zoo ka flag 2.jpg (4.25 MB, 3000x1800)
4.25 MB
4.25 MB JPG
>>425364
Thanks again anon
For the font I decided to imitate the font from the album cover version of this art
https://www.discogs.com/release/9358552-Various-BA-ZOO-KA
Im getting it printed on the cheapest aliexpress custom flag listing, if theres a flag thread in a few months ill post it when it arrives
>>
>>425417
Ah sweet, hope you enjoy it anon :D
>>
File: Union of Columbia map2.png (1.93 MB, 5112x7816)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>425415
Good idea!
Anyways, here's a description of the states!
>>
File: Dominionflag.png (140 KB, 1920x1316)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>425447
Flag of Dominion State (Virginia).
>>
File: Alt. Flag of Alaska.png (36 KB, 1920x1280)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>425448
Flag of Frontier (Alaska).
>>
My flag of the great state of New Mexico
>>
>>425533
Not bad ngl
>>
>>425533
Favourite
>>
File: Alamo.png (44 KB, 1920x1198)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>
>>425533
A bit too minimalistic for me
>>
>>425703
Too much detail imo
>>
>>425533
Honestly this is a profound statement about NM
>>
File: Amerika.png (11 KB, 1920x1011)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
The stars have gone out...
>>
>>423644
That's CrockerCorp from Homestuck
>>
>>
File: Blonk federation.png (6 KB, 900x600)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>425805
>>
loving these zines
>>
>>425805
I serve the beehive republic
>>
>>425657
What is the thing in the centre?

>>425805
unless there's a reason for it, probably replace the red with the same black of the background. not enouth contrast at thumbnail size, let alone at a distance, merges together way to much

>>425806
I kinda like it, definitely unique

>>425817
Bestagon empire
>>
File: UNSEC.png (164 KB, 1000x1000)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
Same timeline as the mars and asterois belt shit.
What would the symbol of a UN run military police force look like?
This was my idea, but i kinda don't like it, too the Expanse.
It's also semi-military, as in bluehelmet soldiers patrol the streets.
I want the symbol to both reflect the military and "civilian" sides.
This doesn't need to encompass earth, UN member states are still sovereign to a degree, like the EU.
This force is supposed to patrol the cities and guard the skies on Terra Nova after UN occupation, rural and less important areas arprotected by paramilitary corporate forces.
>>
>>425833
UN flag and all branches that i did't make up use the same symbols, so it needs to follow the rules set by them
>>
File: Kansas Flag-1.png (42 KB, 7200x4800)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
Rate my Kansas flag redesign.
Cyan - Sky and history of aviation
Yellow - Agricultural production
White - Salt & chalk deposits
>>
>>425447
> Texas annexed the Panhandle
> Wisconsin annexed the Upper Peninsula
Unfathomably based
>>
>>424130
Remove the seal, then it's perfect.
>>
>>425839
stay wrong text hater
>>
File: Flag of the Taliban.png (36 KB, 1000x500)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>425840
Text apologists be like: "Yep. This is a really good flag."
>>
>>425845
it actually is if you look at what it says about afghanistan.
or in other words don't be some cocksucking "graphic designer" faggot
>>
>>425845
Thing is, arabic writing does actually look nice you mong
>>
>>425849
Yeah, but not on a flag, where it's 20ft off of the ground and flapping in the wind so the text is basically illegible.
>>
File: Flag-Saudi-Arabia.jpg (111 KB, 800x534)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>425847
It says nothing in particular about Afghanistan, all it says is "Allah is God, Muhammad is Allah's messenger", which could apply to the entire Muslim world, and I can prove it because it says the exact same thing on the Saudi Arabian flag.
>>
>>425851
You're retarded
>>
>>425833
Probably get rid of the wreaths desu, probably as good as it could be otherwise

Not sure if having a helmet symbol on a helmet would be all that necessary tho

Really just "UN" on its own, is already what it is.
Keeping it simple with just the letters, and maybe the stars and lines would be good enouth
Not overtly military that way either, thats already shown by being on military equipment (vehicles, uniforms, helmets, ect) in the first place.

>>425837
Looks aigt, maybe change the yellow to be darker so that it contrasts with the white better? (and maybe tiny the white a slight grey for the same reason)

>>425840
Nah, the text, especially on a flag at that size, won't even be readable from the ground next to the flag pole.
>>424155 and >>424156 both look far better if you insist on the symbol.

>>425847
>>425850
Yeah, its not even readable, just blends together into a bunch of lines at a distance.

>>425851
Thing is, there's already a prominent islamic symbol that exists, the moon and star is far more readable on a flag.
>>
>>425893
Bluehelmet is always on peacekeeper symbols
The wreaths, bluehelmet and UN must stay, but on its own it doesn't look that good. I need something to go around or behind it or on the sides
I don't get your logic bro, every single UN branch has its own variant of the UN symbol.
>>
File: file.png (1.85 MB, 1432x950)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>425920
Oh yeah, forgot the wreaths are part of the symbol

But the helmet itself isn't part of the symbol, but the thing it's on in the first place (otherwise its an image of a helmet...on a helmet, which seams kinda redundant, moon moonish).
Even the UN or its symbol isn't universally applied, the blue all over is
>>
>>425921
It's not a symbol for the whole UN you nitwit
>>
>>424384
>of their holy symbol?
the symbol wasn't used by jews until the 1800s.
>>
>>424740
I do NOT want to fuck with the Yawdynese
>>
File: 1637691018070.png (275 KB, 561x497)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>425849
I agree
>>
File: 1643013055281.png (49 KB, 534x534)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>425927
I wish I had any idea of what these said
>>
File: CalgaleFlag-03FINAL.png (125 KB, 6024x3425)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>425398
Made another one, kept it simple this time. Happy with the colour scheme, but not the contrast between the red and purple, might fix at some point, but this is done for the time being ;w;
Made versions with thinner lines and bigger/smaller symbols, but I think this version works best

>>425925
Its still equivalent to the cross or moon and crescent these days, but I digress.

>>425927
Yeah it looks nice, but its still gonna be unreadable on a flag
>>
>>425933
>Yeah it looks nice, but its still gonna be unreadable on a flag
And so you will be destined to make uninteresting flags
>>
>>424370
The Israeli flag is based off of the common design of the Tallisim, holy shawls that Jewish men wear during prayer. The Tallis symbolizes Hashem’s protection over the Jewish people and the blue color comes from Tekhelet, a sacred deep blue dye that was regionally specific to coast of ancient Israel and only used on Tallisim. To combine it with post-ottoman colonial pan-Arabist symbolism would be a deep corruption and destruction of its holy meaning.

>>425925
False, there are coins, pottery, and menorah artifacts found in Hasmonean ruins dating back 2,000 years with the Magen David emblem. The Magen David in Europe however was not popularized as a symbol on synagogues until much later.
>>
File: file.png (55 KB, 1786x942)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>425967
I know right writing on flags is soooooo interesting.

It's more calligraphy than flag design.
Flags aren't supposed to be eye tests.

>>426015
Ah, thanks for the clarification
>>
>>426022
You could've tried to make that cleaner.
>>
File: file.png (104 KB, 1920x960)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>426039
I did it in MS paint, so no centreing tools
it's not supposed to be a serious thing, just pointing out how shit the flag is in english is all

But okay, here's a "serious" attempt
Same thing. But with text that's even harder to read.

This is the variant design, lower down on the pages sidebar, remove and centre the english version of the Shahada if you want the standard one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Afghanistan
>>
File: we.png (35 KB, 615x360)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>
>>426196
Space mormon
>>
>>426225
It's actually the flag of the One State from Red Flood (a mod for HoI4), which was based on the political entity from the novel "We", an early dystopian novel about a machine-like communist society, where every person has a sequence of letters and numbers for their names.
It's based on the ideas of one Aleksei Gastev, an early Soviet revolutionary who brought scientific management to Russia. He was eventually purged, but his IRL ideas line up with the society of the novel. In Red Flood, he becomes the leader of the One State, and begins turning the entire country into a massive factory.
I think this flag was meant to be a reference to the flag of Democratic Kampuchea, but it does resemble a beehive as well.
>>
File: S02e04nauvoo16m00s.jpg (559 KB, 1920x1080)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>426299
Shut up cainanite
>>
File: rejected_his_message.jpg (68 KB, 600x600)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>426333
>>
My flag of a United Korea, refined.
>>
>>426379
Realized I never posted the original in this thread...
>>
>>426382
Did some more...
>>
>>426383
>>
>>426385
Not really neutral, any way you go with this it'll either be north korea around the south or the south defacing the north.
Looks good tho
>>
>>426402
I based it on the flag of the People's Republic of Korea, which was a quasi-state that existed before the Soviets took over the north and the Americans began to patron the south.
Fairly certain this is why the DPRK has the star on their flag offset to the left.
>>
File: Lai.png (602 KB, 691x832)
602 KB
602 KB PNG
https://thisflagdoesnotexist.com/

I'm fairly certain I found /gd/'s nightmare.
>>
>>423640
looks like you just peed on the Union Jack, so it's a massive improvement
>>
>>426402
i like this flag
>>
File: file.png (98 KB, 771x851)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>426451
Honestly thats not to bad, could easaly use this site as a the basis for some of your own designs.
Very easy to get inspiration that way

Some are uhh, very creative
>>
File: acceptable.png (257 KB, 691x822)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>426565
Yeah...
>>
File: Capture.png (71 KB, 744x863)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>426451
Uhh.. are we sure this is a bot, guys??
>>
File: RED.png (411 KB, 691x918)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
>>426590
Hard to say at times... The names seem to be adlibbed.
Also, I doubt the Russians would use THAT combination of colors.
>>
File: file.png (51 KB, 1733x183)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
Screwing around with some quick s Paint concepts and colour schemes.
Seeing how simple I can go with the bird style design
Final designs will have cleaner lines and angles of course*
>>
>>427020
Too simple, doesn't mean anything
It's just a bird.
Follow real example, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
If it's a corporation or something that can have an oversimplified flag
>>
File: file.png (33 KB, 1200x600)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>427028
There are some flags with simple birds on them, and I don't really have the time or skill to spend making something more complex, especially for such a minor country.
Point is taken tho. Will take a look at some national birds of the countries its based on and see if I can incorporate some unique elements of them to make it more meaningful :)
>>
File: birds.png (182 KB, 1700x1114)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>427032
Dude, there are flags with birds wayyy cooler than the one on the Christmas Island flag
>>
>>427032
Minor country can afford something like that, just know if it's too small the country might not have talented graphic designers, the flag reflects the state
General rule is sovereign states have better flags, and non-sovereign entities have shit flags
There are exceptions to the rules, though you should keep in mind that you set your own rules and exceptions, but being consistent with real life is always choice if you ask me, especially if it's on out planet.
Also what time your thing takes place in (or what you're trying to emulate), if it's medieval age or whatever then it's just gonna be complex flags because dickwaving.
Some colonialism 1800's shit is gonna be a mixed batch with loads of text on some "newer" flags and good looking "old" flags with exceptions inbetween.
If it's modern day follow modern day examples, good idea is to find a place that is like your country or whatever and emulate it, imo makes it feel more legit

For the future you can go the generic route, but if you ask me i mix colonialism and modern day to get that feel
>>425833
>>425210
>>425102
>>425098
>>424905
>>424681
>>424675
See picrels
>>
>>426015
The Tallis is a tranny symbol. Kill yourself YWNBAW
>>
>>427034
I know, was looking for the simplest one I could quickly find, but yeah, they do look better.

>>427035
>General rule is sovereign states have better flags, and non-sovereign entities have shit flags
Thats a good observation. Will keep that in mind.
>Also what time your thing takes place in (or what you're trying to emulate)
yeah, it's a weird mixed bag because its a post-apocalypse (semi post post-apoc even) as well as alt history/world, so I'm kinda using that as an excuse to break rules and conventions for the sake of being able to be a bit more creative and make stuff that's more memorable, whilst also trying not to spend to long n stuff. So the outcome should be a weird mixed bags of old world flags, historical influence, and some new attempts that seem pretty distinct from flags in our world.
Some will totally fail, and i'm trying to put more time into the countries in the setting that are more important than bumfuckistan. Some areas are effectively new countries with a sci fi tech level, others are tribal.

>good idea is to find a place that is like your country or whatever and emulate it
That's sorta what i'm trying to do, atleast to a degree. most countries I have, I usually have its equivalent in our world, and try to look into the flag design & etymology for inspiration.

Your approach of mixing elements seems to be working quite well for what that's worth :)
>>
File: españita bandera.png (3.03 MB, 4693x3129)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB PNG
National Socialist Spain
>>
File: ROM3.png (342 KB, 1134x709)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>
Anyone has an "European Caliphate" flag?
>>
File: RepunktFlag01.png (97 KB, 6024x3425)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>425933
New flag crossed off the list, this time its Repunkt, a small island between Yeroshia & and Katarka, a country with a wide mix of cultures and peoples from all over the world.
Its basically the starting island for players in my setting so its more just a few towns and villages, not so much that its overwhelming. Kinda like an extended tutorial town. Because of that, and it not being based on a real country as much, i didn't really have much to go on. So what I ended up deciding on being represented in the flag are its two capitals (the stars), and i'm thinking some heraldry stuff representing the accent royal families with the checking, that play a role in the islands culture.

The sizes of the squares are off a bit, something like 0.10-20 on each side, but I don't think its noticeable.
Also made a version with flipped colours, but I think this version looks best
>>
File: leflag2.jpg (3.02 MB, 4608x2530)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
Anon who helped me a few months ago with this flag, i got it printed and it arrived
>>
File: FrokeFlag03FINAL.png (108 KB, 6024x3425)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>427164
Another one. Been putting this one and its sister flag off because I didn't want to have to come up with the crown design but its done now. Not entirely happy with it, but it's now done at least. There's an alt with a more conventional tri-colour and one where its just a circle but I think I like this one the most.
Working on its sister flag now 'w'

>>427069
Any of these?
https://www.google.com/search?q=european+caliphate&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB908GB908&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiugfCC7qj2AhVRasAKHQy9AOgQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1920&bih=969&dpr=1

>>427166
Ayy, glad my effort wasn't wasted, hope you enjoy it for many years to come anon :D
>>
>image limit half the reply limit on this board
Why
>>
>>427164
Bro i have no context for your made up places, atleast makea. labeled map
>>
>>427188
Yes >>423764
>Oh and have the current world map for those curious what countries are which -w-
https://www.deviantart.com/ashleyblackwater/art/2088-WorldMap-WIP-02-5-Yerosha-and-more-901045371
>>
>>427189
>that pfp
please tell me that isnt you bro oh nonono
>>
>>427198
Whoops, thanks for the reminder to change it anon. Had to change it for uni shit to be more "professional", no need for it now :)
>>
>>423715
looks like a brick wall as if united korea were still split apart by something
>>
>>423737
Sucks ass
>>
https://krikienoid.github.io/flagwaver/#?src=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FF8BOavA.png
>>
>>423644
>>423646
>>423647
>>423648
>>423649
>>423650
>>423651
>>423652
>>425382
These look like Civ V :>
>>
>>425829
>What is the thing in the centre?
A cannon.
Sorry for the late reply, it was featured on one of the early flags of Texas (or maybe it was a Fort's flag).
>>
>>427360
It's meant to represent the triband's around South Korea's central symbol, and the entire flag is based on the old flag of the People's Republic of Korea (that preceded both North and South).
>>
>>428460
Ahh I see it now, my bad, i'm used to seeing them on wheel mounts
>>
>>423644
THE BATTERWITCH...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.