[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1570828567241.jpg (54 KB, 646x783)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>Got a job as teacher
>Can use Illustrator, PS, Premiere
>Never used InDesign
>They're asking for InDesign knowledge
Guys how do I not become jobless again
>>
>>419971
fucking hate indesign
practice doing a few multipage templates and practice changinging them live - is it really used for anything else?
>>
>>419971
Are you self-taught? Any reason you skipped over InDesign?
>>
File: 1617750211188.png (176 KB, 458x438)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>419973
I'm half self taught, half studied. I skipped InDesign because my teachers just didn't teach it in the first place. Let's say that everything the teachers taught me were useless like 90% of the time.
>>
>>419971
Indesign is significantly easier than Illustrator/PS. I'd just watch a lot of yt tutorials
>>
>>419971
InDesign is purely just dumb-learning. The most complicated part with it must be to export properly your stuff before sending it to be printed. What >>420592 said, watch tutorials and in one month or two of pratice you'll get to the level required by 90% of employers. Open some magazines and try to recreate the pages.
>>
lock yourself in your room, dedicate the entire day to learning indesign with youtube tutorials, udemy or whatever.

You can do this.
>>
>>420617
This. Doing studies (recreating a design) is the fastest way to learn practical skills.
>>
>>419971
>>but who was David Carson?

he only uses indesign
get on youtube and learn you pleb
>>
I started out learning indesign doing newspaper layout and got pretty good at it. Maybe you can make some funny fake layouts for practice.
>>
>>419971
Layout is hard but indesign as a program is not any more difficult than any other creative suite app.
>>
>>419971
Most programs are easy to learn, its just hard to become fast with them.
>>
>>419971
Just watch and do some tutorials on 2x speed, in 4 hours you'll know the basics and some stuff that will probably come up cause inDesign is trash.

Prepare a class on a brochure, a zine, and a magazine, then ask them to do whatever kind of print thing they wanna do, make sure you know how to set documents and how to print them.

Done.
>>
There are Youtube videos for everything. If u have a question, google it and theres a tutorial.
>>
>>419971
Learn how master pages work, how to create and use photo frames, and how to add page numbers. That's basically all I do in InDesign. I wouldn't stress about it too much, illustrator and Photoshop are a lot more involved than InDesign is. If you really want practice, maybe try making a photo book that has saddle binding

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.